Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sony SANS400 Homeshare Wireless Speaker for iPod/iPhone/PC Refubished $49.99 FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/5796766-sony-sans400-homeshare-wireless-speaker-for-ipod-iphone-pc-refubished-49-99-fs)

Chris2 01-13-2013 12:16 PM

Sony SANS400 Homeshare Wireless Speaker for iPod/iPhone/PC Refubished $49.99 FS

1 Attachment(s)
Sony Store via eBay has the SANS400 wireless network speaker for $49.99 with FS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbish...1049232217

googcs 01-13-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris2 (Post 56821348)
Sony Store via eBay has the SANS400 wireless network speaker for $49.99 with FS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbish...1049232217

Are these any good? Works with I devices? Can't find any reviews

getdealsonline 01-13-2013 12:24 PM

great deal.

these are great speakers. although IMHO quite under-rated due to Sony's poor marketing ... I got 4 of those all hooked on to the network and coupled with WD TV live hub, makes great music entertainment!

Chris2 01-13-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googcs (Post 56821482)

Yeah, from the product specs it says you can stream from your ipod and iphone, and there's an app to use them as a remote control

getdealsonline 01-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

yea it works great. just download the app "Audio Media Remote" by Sony and you're good to go.

Guys, I have been using these for quite sometime and can answer a lot of your questions. feel free to ask me!

Arrow34 01-13-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

I have three and I love them, great for use with any sony media streamer and you can also use your iphone/i device to play your itunes music across the network t these homeshare device, it uses a free app called sony network audio i believe. great price about what i paid.

mjv5864 01-13-2013 01:18 PM

does anyone know how this compares to Sonos 5 ?

kingsofleonl 01-13-2013 01:22 PM

It's good but has lots of connectivity issues from ur idevices... I had this and returned in 2 weeks time due to connectivity headache...

good side, it sounds really good.

Caenis 01-13-2013 02:40 PM

I have never really had an problems with my iOS devices, but I actually use them more with WMP, just select "play to" and press the party buttton on the other speakers to sync together. I have the SANS300 as well as this one, but this one is much better, sounds real nice and full. Quick note, a new version, SANS410 came out last year that is identical with the exception that it is airplay compatible... and a much higher price tag. +1 on this deal, especially if airplay isn't needed

mgoblue23 01-13-2013 02:53 PM

sold out :(

getdealsonline 01-13-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsofleonl (Post 56822424)
It's good but has lots of connectivity issues from ur idevices... I had this and returned in 2 weeks time due to connectivity headache...

good side, it sounds really good.

It is my personal opinion that people giving bad review to this speaker didn't spend enough time in playing with it and missed out on a great speaker ... It's true that it needs some work to get most out its potential, that's where I said Sony lacked in their marketing and talking less about To clarify about the usability of this speaker

ilikemoneys 01-13-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdealsonline (Post 56824358)
It is my personal opinion that people giving bad review to this speaker didn't spend enough time in playing with it and missed out on a great speaker ... It's true that it needs some work to get most out its potential, that's where I said Sony lacked in their marketing and talking less about To clarify about the usability of this speaker

That's generally the case with Sony. They don't explain or market their products well and people rarely understand why they make the choices they do; you have to be fairly tech savvy to use their stuff. However, few companies make as high quality stuff as Sony does. I have 3 of these from Best Buy clearence that I got for $20 each and a sans300 I paid $25 for. These are great speakers at $100. A steal at $50(even refurbed), and dang near gave me a heart attack at the pure awesomeness of them at $20. Very good sound from a bookshelf speaker. I can have any or all of them I want active are great for augmenting my surround sound, computers, Bedroom TV, laptop, asus tf700t, etc. I have no problems with wireless connectivity and were as simple as pressing the WPS button on the speakers and my router to set up on my network.

BuyAChiaPet 01-13-2013 06:15 PM

20 years ago Sony was pretty good stuff. Now most of their stuff is just junk and customer service blows

soonghong 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuyAChiaPet (Post 56827016)
20 years ago Sony was pretty good stuff. Now most of their stuff is just junk and customer service blows

Is that what the interwebs tells you? :rolleyes:

hightop32 01-13-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

so you know nothing about this product specifically? is this one of the 'most/junk' products you speak of, or one of the opposite that ARE good?

some help you are. :cool:

cgigate 01-13-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

this is very true!

hightop32 01-13-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 56828548)
this is very true!

so again, unless you are distinguishing THIS product as one or the other.. how does this help?

hell i might even agree with you too, but there are some Sony products that at a fraction of MSRP actually are quite nice/good value. this looks like one of them?

asmd 01-13-2013 07:58 PM

oos. :(

BuyAChiaPet 01-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56828390)
so you know nothing about this product specifically? is this one of the 'most/junk' products you speak of, or one of the opposite that ARE good?

some help you are. :cool:

About as much as you are

ilikemoneys 01-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuyAChiaPet (Post 56829586)
About as much as you are

I really want to understand your point of view. But your argument lacks any information. Sony TVs consistently receive the some of the highest ratings of any manufacturer, including Samsung, Pansonic, Toshiba, and LG. Their LED-lit LCDs are the only ones that match Panasonic's Plasmas in picture quality(although they have much narrower viewing angles and aren't quite as good with reducing motion blur). Their speakers, such as this, are actually less expensive than competing products and generally offer very good sound quality and use high quality components similar to but slightly less than Denon's speakers for a lot less money. Receivers are so so. They aren't terrible but I'd rather have a Denon or Yamaha. Their cell phones, now that Ericson has been fully bought out, have been selling excellently overseas and are reviewed even better(stupid US consumers don't know good tech if it slaps them in the face and gives them $1000 just to demo it). As far as computer's: Have you ever seen the beauty of the Vaio Z? Other computers they produce are currently really dissapointing me, though. They are good, but not as imressive for the money as a Series 9 or Zenbook Prime. Their tablets are crap and are only good as a remote control for their Freaking awesome TV's. The PS3 has outshipped, not outsold mind you, the xbox 360 as of a few days ago. The PS2 sold 150 million units before being phased out. BLURAY!! Which will have to do until fiber optic becomes readily available(greedy, piece of crap ISPs need to burn in HELL) as I hate waiting 6 hours for a high quality movie download. The vita has been a pretty solid system so far. I have nothing to hate on other than lack of game selection but that is always a problem at launch. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head so I simply refer back to my previous post in this thread and ask again that you please explain your viewpoint.

jak5080 01-13-2013 09:30 PM

oos anyone?

mpbrown18 01-14-2013 02:40 PM

I dislike this speaker because of it's inability to play music from streaming sources from the network audio remote app. It looks like Sony sent out an update to it's newer speakers in this line (310, 410, 500, 510) but didn't update the older 300 & 400 models. I bought this speaker as an add-on to the 500 I own and it's extremely choppy in party mode in addition to not being to access online music applications.

I'm tempted to install the update for the 410 on my 400 just to see if it'll work better and sony's just not telling us.