Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Warner Bros. blu-rays with $7.50 off WB movie tickets (http://slickdeals.net/f/5801110-warner-bros-blu-rays-with-7-50-off-wb-movie-tickets)

charlie hustle 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

Warner Bros. blu-rays with $7.50 off WB movie tickets

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up The Shining and Gone with the Wind blurays at Walmart (each was $6.96), both had $7.50 off WB movie admission valid 12/26/12-2/12/13. On the Shelf there seemed to be several movies with these stickers, so if you plan to see any of the eligible movie releases from WB by February 12th it's a good deal.

As far as I can tell from the redemption website the theatrical releases will be Gangster Squad, The Hobbit, and Bullet to the Head. Didn't see in a search.

View redemption site here:

http://www.activaterewards.com/wbboxingday2012

Confirmation email will contain this:

Quote:

Photo identification may be required at
theater box office

How do I use my Hollywood Movie Money certificate?

Please print out your Hollywood Movie Money certificate and bring it to a participating theater. Present your certificate to the cashier as payment for your movie ticket - have an ID as the cashier may ask for it. Multiple certificates may be used for the same movie showing as long as the person indicated on each uniquely numbered certificate is present.

Which theaters accept Hollywood Movie Money certificates?
Please visit our theater locator site at
http://hollywoodmoviemoney.com
for a list of participating theaters and show times in your area. You will need to enter your zip code and the specific promo code that is printed on your certificate.

Is there a way to switch to a different movie theater than the one I selected?

When you select a particular theater, the certificate prints out in a format that can be processed at that theater; however it can also be processed at some of the other participating theaters. You can visit our theater locator site and enter in your zip code and the specific promo code that is printed on your certificate, and this will give you a list of the other theaters that will accept your certificate.

wikipost 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the list and a picture of the display (might be a few more titles)

Blurays:
Shawshank redemption
Sherlock holmes 2
Journey 2
The Lost boys
The Departed
The Town
The Shining
Terminator Salvation
Unknown
Ninja Assassin
Wrath of the Titans
Something Borrowed
Jonah Hex
Due Date
New Years Eve
Gone with the Wind
Payback

Dvds (I did't check the price!! But they could be cheaper than the blu rays)
Unforgiven
Where the wild things are
Unknown
Cats and Dogs
Wrath of the titans
Terminator Salvation
The Town
Inception

Thanks oyouno !

heyitsme83 01-15-2013 06:15 PM

Any limitation on which theater you can use the coupon? I've never used a coupon for a movie, so I didn't know.

guessed 01-15-2013 06:32 PM

Looking forward to seeing more information on this deal. It seems promising.

charlie hustle 01-15-2013 07:24 PM

It will bring up a list of the theaters near you that are eligible for the promotion when you enter your zip code. Looks like it's the same Regal group that has a lot of the groupon/living social movie deals. Quick process to redeem at http://www.activaterewards.com/wbboxingday2012

BoSoxFanMRC 01-15-2013 07:37 PM

Decent deal as my theater is only $5, but with it was for other movies...

charlie hustle 01-15-2013 07:38 PM

Me too, but my GF wants to see Gangster Squad so it works out. Keep in mind this is WB specific so it only applies to the movies they'll be releasing to theaters.

http://www.movieinsider.com/c4/wa...-pictures/

vickh 01-15-2013 07:48 PM

any of these @ BB with the trade in deal??

charlie hustle 01-15-2013 07:55 PM

Didn't see them at BB when I was using a trade-in coupon this afternoon, I was at Walmart doing my ship to store pickup, and aside from these two I saw the sticker on Sherlock. I'd presume they're on other WB titles.

deltronz 01-15-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie hustle (Post 56878136)
Didn't see them at BB when I was using a trade-in coupon this afternoon, I was at Walmart doing my ship to store pickup, and aside from these two I saw the sticker on Sherlock. I'd presume they're on other WB titles.

I see what you did there with the "Sherlock" and the "presume". And if it was an accident it was a clever one ;)

charlie hustle 01-15-2013 08:09 PM

Couldn't help it, just watched both movies back-to-back Sunday.

maxinquaye 01-15-2013 10:08 PM

is this only good at BRs purchased from Walmart?

is there a list of eligible movies anywhere?

oyouno 01-15-2013 10:18 PM

waiting for a list of movies.

oyouno 01-16-2013 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Here is some info. All my blu rays were 7.88
Visited 2 walmarts. 1st one had nothing. 2nd one had the display hidden away facing the wrong way behind an endcap in the entertainment/movies section.

Here is what I saw. There are not enough spaces for each movie to have its own slot so you have to shuffle through the display to find different titles. I don't think these will last to long because there is only probably 2-3 of each title filling up the display.

Blurays:
Shawshank redemption
Sherlock holmes 2
Journey 2
The Lost boys
The Departed
The Town
The Shining
Terminator Salvation
Unknown
Ninja Assassin
Wrath of the Titans
Something Borrowed
Jonah Hex
Due Date
New Years Eve
Gone with the Wind
Payback

Dvds (I did't check the price!! But they could be cheaper than the blu rays)
Unforgiven
Where the wild things are
Unknown
Cats and Dogs
Wrath of the titans
Terminator Salvation
The Town
Inception

Mr. Harley 01-16-2013 01:02 AM

This is just so irritating. I went to our local Imax 3D tonight (reduced rate Tuesdays) to catch The Hobbit before they switch to a different movie, it's been on that screen for a while. I figured if I'm going to splurge it might as well be on a movie that takes full advantage of both. I could have gotten The Shining or Sherlock Holmes 2 for free, and the Walmart is in WALKING DISTANCE - 2 parking lots away. It almost always seems to happen that way. :annoyed:

Thaler 01-16-2013 05:38 AM

Picked up an $8 copy of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows combo w/ the $7.50 movie credit. Not too bad for a Bluray/DVD/UV.

ViciousTide 01-16-2013 06:38 AM

HA! Gone with the Wind.. Bastard General Shermon burning up SC like that.

ViciousTide 01-16-2013 06:43 AM

Are these even worth owning?

8oz DVD taking up 8"x5"x0.5" shelf space for eternity, plus fuel and time spent driving to store to buy DVD initially, then time spent unwrapping DVD plastic wrap and watching mandatory Menu options screen, plus fuel and time spent driving to movie theater, and watching mandatory previews, Roundtrips too!

WHOLLY COW BATMAN! That's a lot of wasted Time and money! I worked hard for my money! I plan on saving it.

lilbuddy 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViciousTide (Post 56884310)

8oz DVD taking up 8"x5"x0.5" shelf space for eternity, plus fuel and time spent driving to store to buy DVD initially, then time spent unwrapping DVD plastic wrap and watching mandatory Menu options screen, plus fuel and time spent driving to movie theater, and watching mandatory previews, Roundtrips too!

WHOLLY COW BATMAN! That's a lot of wasted Time and money! I worked hard for my money! I plan on saving it.

Buy a $4 DVD and get a $7.50 movie ticket? I go to Walmart once a week at least. I think I bought 6 movies last time I was there.

jw121 01-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Much wiser use of time would be to write useless posts IMHO.

hightop32 01-16-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

DVD? Who is talking about DVD?

Its all about the Bluray, son. Is the 'This is the best quality audio and video you can get as a consumer' - factor worth it? HELL Yes.

Maybe if you have a less than stellar AV setup, you cant see very well, or just dont 'care' about quality... then sure, enjoy your cable TV/streaming video services/downloaded content. To me its night and day. If i really enjoy a movie, i want the best quality source available to me.

... AND free movie cash? what are you complaining about again? having to put shoes on? :lmao:

ViciousTide 01-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56887206)
DVD? Who is talking about DVD?

Its all about the Bluray, son. Is the 'This is the best quality audio and video you can get as a consumer' - factor worth it? HELL Yes.

Maybe if you have a less than stellar AV setup, you cant see very well, or just dont 'care' about quality... then sure, enjoy your cable TV/streaming video services/downloaded content. To me its night and day. If i really enjoy a movie, i want the best quality source available to me.

... AND free movie cash? what are you complaining about again? having to put shoes on? :lmao:

Actually, if you keep upgrading your Receiver, Cables, TV, Speaker Surround System, Disc Reader, Internet bandwidth speeds, and ever increasing rates from Comcast, Plus rebuying every movie from DVD to Blu-ray to Next-ray;
then you will need 60+ of Work/week just to Keep up with Technology and "Consumer Quality".
Hard to enjoy entertainment quality when you are out shopping and working all week. IMHO.

ViciousTide 01-16-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw121 (Post 56886230)
Much wiser use of time would be to write useless posts IMHO.

Time wasted on blogging or time wasted on working for a dvd you don't need to go the theaters to experience a movie that is over with in 3 hours, while you work 3 more hours to pay for the expenses of doing both?

hightop32 01-16-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViciousTide (Post 56888188)
Actually, if you keep upgrading your Receiver, Cables, TV, Speaker Surround System, Disc Reader, Internet bandwidth speeds, and ever increasing rates from Comcast, Plus rebuying every movie from DVD to Blu-ray to Next-ray;
then you will need 60+ of Work/week just to Keep up with Technology and "Consumer Quality".
Hard to enjoy entertainment quality when you are out shopping and working all week. IMHO.

Everyone has hobbies that they enjoy. Most require effort that others looking may not understand the function or cost of relative to the output.

I enjoy having a quality movie viewing experience at home. Yes its expensive, yes it takes research, yes it takes time from my day, yes it takes work to pay for it, but at the end of the day i am happy.

All of this aside, it has little to do with the 'OMG PHYSICAL MEDIA' arguement. The fact is if you want the quality, you own the bluray. That's that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViciousTide (Post 56888262)
Time wasted on blogging or time wasted on working for a dvd you don't need to go the theaters to experience a movie that is over with in 3 hours, while you work 3 more hours to pay for the expenses of doing both?

Not sure why you are posting in this thread exactly. what are you trying to convince people of?

If someone likes a movie on this list, can part or would like to part with the $7 it cost to own the highest quality copy available AND get some free movie cash... so be it? You just telling them that they shouldn't buy it because they worked for that $7 and if it was your $7 you would do something else with it instead, makes no sense.

oyouno 01-16-2013 11:33 AM

I already plan on seeing 4 movies this month alone. So it is pretty much like getting a free blu ray or dvd each time I see a movie. = slick deal.
This is also the only time I build up my blu collection as well. When they give out movie cash with each purchase.

charlie hustle 01-16-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

I have no idea what you're talking about, unless you think all physical ownership is a waste of time, which is a silly idea to me. Good luck with whatever point you're trying to make.

Anyway thanks a bunch oyouno for the heads up on the $4 DVD as well.

charlie hustle 01-16-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyouno (Post 56892214)
I already plan on seeing 4 movies this month alone. So it is pretty much like getting a free blu ray or dvd each time I see a movie. = slick deal.
This is also the only time I build up my blu collection as well. When they give out movie cash with each purchase.

This and living social deals are the only time I go to theaters, my home system is good enough now that I don't miss the theater experience too much.

oyouno 01-16-2013 06:08 PM

I Went back and bought some DvDs as well . Will give them away and use the tickets for family members.

Can't beat 4 dollar dvds with 7.50 movie cash.

ViciousTide 01-17-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56888478)
Everyone has hobbies that they enjoy. Most require effort that others looking may not understand the function or cost of relative to the output.

I enjoy having a quality movie viewing experience at home. Yes its expensive, yes it takes research, yes it takes time from my day, yes it takes work to pay for it, but at the end of the day i am happy.

All of this aside, it has little to do with the 'OMG PHYSICAL MEDIA' arguement. The fact is if you want the quality, you own the bluray. That's that.

Not sure why you are posting in this thread exactly. what are you trying to convince people of?

If someone likes a movie on this list, can part or would like to part with the $7 it cost to own the highest quality copy available AND get some free movie cash... so be it? You just telling them that they shouldn't buy it because they worked for that $7 and if it was your $7 you would do something else with it instead, makes no sense.

I understand what you mean, and I am all for being happy, though consumers tend to forget how much Time they sacrifice buying material possesions that they may use once and disregard (not reuse). We are all dying, and working until age 70 for spending a lot on things we dont reuse or really need only want, is a big problem (unless you are the 2% whom love their job and would volunteer to do it.)

On consumer websites like this, the hidden expenses to deals should be explained, encase consumers whom really can't afford deals get caught up in the hype of buying buying buying, and forget all the working and hidden expense of their purchases behind the scenes.

guessed 01-22-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks OP and others. Bought 2 dvds and 2 blu-rays, and my wife and I saw The Hobbit 3D Imax (tickets were $17.75 each, so we had to kick in an extra $5.50). Very entertaining. Plus, they didn't turn on the 3D until about 20-30 minutes in (when Bilbo wakes up and leaves the Shire - hope I didn't ruin that for anyone ;)), so we ended up getting free Imax passes with no expiration date to use in the future.

Abbas82 01-23-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

DVD? Yeah I bought Inception blu-ray for what works out to be 38 cents because I'm going to the movies anyway, same with Shawshank Redemption, great movie! If your apartment is that small, then don't buy physical media and don't bother with the movies section

oyouno 01-23-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbas82 (Post 57065258)
DVD? Yeah I bought Inception blu-ray for what works out to be 38 cents because I'm going to the movies anyway, same with Shawshank Redemption, great movie! If your apartment is that small, then don't buy physical media and don't bother with the movies section

Yeah exactly!

oyouno 01-27-2013 06:25 PM

fyi, Just used my tickets to see the last stand, and used them to prepurchase tickets to see die hard. You can do this if you buy ur tickets online at fandango.com Makes it even slicker.