Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   buy Bob Motion Stroller $349.00 get the BOB B-SAFE Infant Car Seat free! @ REI / 3 day deal! (http://slickdeals.net/e/5801266-buy-bob-motion-stroller-349-00-get-the-bob-b-safe-infant-car-seat-free-rei-3-day-deal)

Cookie21 01-15-2013 09:19 PM

buy Bob Motion Stroller $349.00 get the BOB B-SAFE Infant Car Seat free! @ REI / 3 day deal!

2 Attachment(s)
BOB Motion Stroller [rei.com]

exp. 1/18/13

Offer Exclusions:

Offer valid 1/15/13 - 1/18/13 while supplies last.
Use coupon code: SOHO-MOTION
Offer valid only for the BOB Motion Stroller (item 840625) and the BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat by Britax (item 846802).
Add both items above to your shopping cart on REI.com and the BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat by Britax will be discounted to Free at checkout.
Offer valid at REI.com and the REI Soho store.
Offer not valid at REI-OUTLET.com, 1-800-426-4840 or any other REI store location.
Offer not valid for special orders or prior purchases.
Offer is limited to stock on hand and backorderable items and is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash.
Limit one BOB gift with purchase per customer. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer.

RunRoemer 01-15-2013 09:35 PM

The adapter would need to be purchased in addition, I believe. Repost, by the way.

MangoTango27 01-15-2013 11:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UQtn5vli4

Here is a great review of the Bob Motion. It shows you that it DOES COME WITH CAR SEAT ADAPTER. But I think it only fits the Bob by Britax seats. I was getting ready to buy the b-agile and b-safe carseat, but now I am getting this. Thank you for posting!

rogueone 01-16-2013 06:29 AM

Seems hot to me.

ghostofdavid 01-16-2013 06:43 AM

I think they offered this same deal around Black Friday. My wife and I just found out we are expecting. Still in shock... anyone used this? We've never had kids and this will be our first.

rogueone 01-16-2013 06:55 AM

According to the youtube video it's a relatively new model. Exclusive to REI until Spring 2013. I compared this deal with the Britax B-Agile and B-Safe system for $299. For $50 more, you're getting a much better stroller.

justm3 01-16-2013 07:21 AM

This seems to be alot heavier and bigger then the agile. Might want to keep that in mind

ghostofdavid 01-16-2013 07:43 AM

Where do I go to see how these are rated? Consumer reports? Any testing agency aside from .gov standards?

Deaal 01-16-2013 08:08 AM

This will be our first, can any one please tell me why these are more expensive than Graco travel systems ?

ghostofdavid 01-16-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dittuk (Post 56884850)
This will be our first, can any one please tell me why these are more expensive than Graco travel systems ?

Wish I could help! I am just as lost. :D

Deaal 01-16-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostofdavid (Post 56886020)
Wish I could help! I am just as lost. :D

I am completely lost as there are too many things to consider, are these much better than Graco to justify the price...

is it small enough to be a travel stroller or do i have to buy another for air travel...:confused:

lapuente 01-16-2013 12:53 PM

I have tested the Jogger version in store at Babies R Us, when the BoB is compared to the Britax tri-wheel, no comparison, shocks, air filled tires etc make a much smoother ride. I just bought this 4 wheel one. Will let everyone know. BABY EXPECTED END OF FEB.

exchelente 01-16-2013 02:11 PM

in for 1, thanks! we're registered for the b-agile system from britax. we'll see how this compares, I guess. REI has an awesome return policy so no worries in case the b-agile system is the winner

MangoTango27 01-16-2013 07:03 PM

http://blog.babygizmo.com/2013/01...son-video/

Britax B-Agile vs Bob Motion video comparison.

DrSachmo 01-16-2013 07:22 PM

Thanks, I needed an infant carrier. I'll sell the stroller for $325 or so.

ghostofdavid 01-17-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSachmo (Post 56901170)
Thanks, I needed an infant carrier. I'll sell the stroller for $325 or so.

Serious question without any form of snarkiness: Is the used market for baby goods that high that they would pay 325 for this instead of what REI is selling one new?

DrSachmo 01-17-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostofdavid (Post 56908052)
Serious question without any form of snarkiness: Is the used market for baby goods that high that they would pay 325 for this instead of what REI is selling one new?

Around me yes, even if I only get $300 for it I'm still coming out ahead. Plus it wont be used it will be new. I have no intentions of using it or even taking it out of the box.

ghostofdavid 01-17-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSachmo (Post 56908320)
Around me yes, even if I only get $300 for it I'm still coming out ahead. Plus it wont be used it will be new. I have no intentions of using it or even taking it out of the box.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it! :)

pinko 01-17-2013 06:45 PM

Just one man's opinion: you don't need one this expensive. It won't make you or your baby any happier. Get a decent CR-rated Graco and save that money for college, or diapers. (Speaking of which, buy the most expensive diapers! In contrast to this, they're worth every penny!)

angelsolo3 01-17-2013 06:54 PM

Note that this is not a jogging stroller like a lot of the other BOBs. If it was, I would have likely pulled the trigger. And, even the used market is great on these as others have pointed out. You will get good money on this on craigslist after using it. Waiting for my deal on a jogger now...I still have a few months.

viovio 01-17-2013 07:17 PM

I will give my 2 cents.
With first child be purchased Graco stroller. Got it super cheap with carseat online using promo codes, etc. But as soon as i found out i am expecting second child i sold it. It was ok for the price paid, and looked nice, but was not easy to use. I did not liked it at all. But I love Graco baby car seats. So my parents gave us some "Gift money", so me and my mom decided to buy a good double stroller. Thank God she talked me into it. We got BOB revolution stroller. The best strolller ever! Yes, it's big and heavy, but sturdy and 5years i have it now and still use it everyday, still looks and operates like new!
So whoever said just buy Graco and save other money, i would say yes, if you need a stroller just sometimes, not for everyday, go ahead. But if you can afford, and like to be outdoors and go places a lot, get better stroller. As for me, BOB stroller was the best investment ever.

slickgrapes 01-17-2013 07:21 PM

Unless you live on a gravel/dirt road or plan to take your kid off-roading just save your money. Otherwise, it's just a status symbol item for parents.

redrocks 01-17-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viovio (Post 56926840)
I will give my 2 cents.
With first child be purchased Graco stroller. Got it super cheap with carseat online using promo codes, etc. But as soon as i found out i am expecting second child i sold it. It was ok for the price paid, and looked nice, but was not easy to use. I did not liked it at all. But I love Graco baby car seats. So my parents gave us some "Gift money", so me and my mom decided to buy a good double stroller. Thank God she talked me into it. We got BOB revolution stroller. The best strolller ever! Yes, it's big and heavy, but sturdy and 5years i have it now and still use it everyday, still looks and operates like new!
So whoever said just buy Graco and save other money, i would say yes, if you need a stroller just sometimes, not for everyday, go ahead. But if you can afford, and like to be outdoors and go places a lot, get better stroller. As for me, BOB stroller was the best investment ever.

Completely agree. We got by with cheaper strollers, but we tried out many double strollers and found the BOB to be far and away the best. 2 years later is doing great. We have a Honda Civic, couldn't fit most in the back of the trunk, but the BOB we could easily fold up and fit. (Yes we pulled off one back wheel, but they are so easy to slide in and out it is like undoing a latch). I haven't tried this newer model, but we have loved the Revolution double stroller.

joshuaNH 01-17-2013 07:41 PM

I just purchased...

Order Date:
01/06/2013

ITEM
YOUR PRICE
QTY
TOTAL PRICE
BOB Revolution SE Sport Stroller
$274.79
$274.79
Sku#: 93354113
Size: NO SIZE
Color: Orange
Gift: No
Britax B-SAFE Infant Car Seat
$128.51
$128.51
Sku#: 93661522
Size: ONE SIZE
Color: Black
BOB Britax Infant Car Seat Adapter
$33.66
$33.66
Sku#: 93354306
Color: No Color
Ship To:
Shipping Method:
Standard Ground
Shipping Message:
Your Standard Ground Shipment Should Arrive Between January 10 And January 15.
Subtotal:
$514.07
Percent Discount:
35.0%
Discount Amount:
$77.11
Shipping:
$0.00
Tax:
$0.00
Total:
$436.96
Congratulations, you've earned $80.00 Kohl's Cash!

OK, I also got 10% back using Discover!!! Final Price Paid... $393.26 plus $80 Kohls Cash which I used on more baby stuff (made Kohls price match a bunch of stores), bottom line in my mind was $313.26. I think I got a better deal.

Time4Bid 01-17-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie21 (Post 56878602)
BOB Motion Stroller [rei.com]

exp. 1/18/13

Offer Exclusions:

Offer valid 1/15/13 - 1/18/13 while supplies last.
Use coupon code: SOHO-MOTION
Offer valid only for the BOB Motion Stroller (item 840625) and the BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat by Britax (item 846802).
Add both items above to your shopping cart on REI.com and the BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat by Britax will be discounted to Free at checkout.
Offer valid at REI.com and the REI Soho store.
Offer not valid at REI-OUTLET.com, 1-800-426-4840 or any other REI store location.
Offer not valid for special orders or prior purchases.
Offer is limited to stock on hand and backorderable items and is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash.
Limit one BOB gift with purchase per customer. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer.

I purchased this and THANK YOU for posting it! I found some additional things to sweeten the deal...

1) This purchase qualifies for the 10% ($35) REI membership reward (end of year REI credit)
2) This DOES include an adapter to connect the carseat to the stroller
3) Serves as two qualifying items in the Britax Free Carseat [britaxusa.com]
promotion. $320

I love the third one! When combined with 3 other Britax items (see list), you get a $FREE 320 carseat that we would otherwise need to buy when the baby grow out of this in 10 months or so.

dnas 01-17-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viovio (Post 56926840)
I will give my 2 cents.

I wish there was a 'Like' button :)
Totally agree.. and same story here. Graco with first one, Aglie with second one. Totally love my Agile. Baby loves it too. So easy to maneuver and folds compact for my tiny place.

Time4Bid 01-17-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dittuk (Post 56884850)

First of all congratulations!

To your question, there is nothing that describes the quality difference like hands on "test drive". Go to a local retailer and push around some different brands and models. If you have one, Buy Buy Baby has a large range of products from least expensive to however much you spent on your first car.

You will immediately notice that some are notably more smooth and easy to push than others. You will see the quality parts vs. vulnerable plastic parts. Fold them and unfold them, pick them up, etc.

I think you will quickly see why a stroller like this BOB one with well thought out engineering and sturdy parts is worth more... the question is, is it worth more to YOU. As someone else posted, it has a lot to do with need. If you use it, it is worth it. If you don't, it isn't.

Best wishes.

mondomango 01-17-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuaNH (Post 56927242)
I just purchased...

Order Date:
01/06/2013

ITEM
YOUR PRICE
QTY
TOTAL PRICE
BOB Revolution SE Sport Stroller
$274.79
$274.79
Sku#: 93354113
Color: Orange
Britax B-SAFE Infant Car Seat
$128.51
$128.51
Sku#: 93661522
Size: ONE SIZE
Color: Black
BOB Britax Infant Car Seat Adapter
$33.66
$33.66
Sku#: 93354306
Color: No Color
Ship To:
Shipping Method:
Standard Ground
Shipping Message:
Your Standard Ground Shipment Should Arrive Between January 10 And January 15.
Subtotal:
$514.07
Percent Discount:
35.0%
Discount Amount:
$77.11
Shipping:
$0.00
Tax:
$0.00
Total:
$436.96
Congratulations, you've earned $80.00 Kohl's Cash!

OK, I also got 10% back using Discover!!! Final Price Paid... $393.26 plus $80 Kohls Cash which I used on more baby stuff (made Kohls price match a bunch of stores), bottom line in my mind was $313.26. I think I got a better deal.

This is the better deal. Id go with the jogger even if youre not a...jogger. It's smooth as butter on sidewalks and the park. My purple BOB Revolution SE jogger was worth every penny, unlike most of the baby items I've purchased...

gigalevu 01-17-2013 09:49 PM

Pulled the trigger...now to get a slickdeal on a baby.

justm3 01-17-2013 10:43 PM

Wish this could convert to a double like the B-ready. We are expecting our second in July. And as the others said, we also started with a graco and quickly went to the agile. Sooo much lighter, smaller, etc, etc

nanobeast 01-17-2013 11:42 PM

Let me give you an advice as a Dad.

Buy the $20 light stroller that they sell at Babyrus.

Its light, takes little space, folds and unfolds in a second, and you will be using a lot more.

Oh, and the baby wont know the difference.

That one $20 has lasted us 3 years and we have used it more than we have used any other item (other than the car seat).

Deaal 01-18-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time4Bid (Post 56928216)
First of all congratulations!

To your question, there is nothing that describes the quality difference like hands on "test drive". Go to a local retailer and push around some different brands and models. If you have one, Buy Buy Baby has a large range of products from least expensive to however much you spent on your first car.

You will immediately notice that some are notably more smooth and easy to push than others. You will see the quality parts vs. vulnerable plastic parts. Fold them and unfold them, pick them up, etc.

I think you will quickly see why a stroller like this BOB one with well thought out engineering and sturdy parts is worth more... the question is, is it worth more to YOU. As someone else posted, it has a lot to do with need. If you use it, it is worth it. If you don't, it isn't.

Best wishes.

Thank you very much for the inputs. I will go to a retail store to try out different brands, but as this sale ends today, i already placed an order and i can cancel it anytime before i pick with awesome REI service -if i chose a different product.

Pengyn 01-18-2013 08:08 AM

No adapter per description

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time4Bid (Post 56927930)
I purchased this and THANK YOU for posting it! I found some additional things to sweeten the deal...

1) This purchase qualifies for the 10% ($35) REI membership reward (end of year REI credit)
2) This DOES include an adapter to connect the carseat to the stroller
3) Serves as two qualifying items in the Britax Free Carseat [britaxusa.com]
promotion. $320

I love the third one! When combined with 3 other Britax items (see list), you get a $FREE 320 carseat that we would otherwise need to buy when the baby grow out of this in 10 months or so.

Repped for the Britax promo info, and I just purchased it since we have our 1st baby coming. However, I don't see how you determined that it comes with the adapter. In fact, the infant car seat's description clearly says the adapter is not included. Can you point out where you see otherwise?

"The BOB B-Safe Infant car seat can be used with the BOB Motion Stroller; it can be used with other BOB single strollers with the use of the Britax adapter (sold separately)"

rogueone 01-18-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pengyn (Post 56935334)
Repped for the Britax promo info, and I just purchased it since we have our 1st baby coming. However, I don't see how you determined that it comes with the adapter. In fact, the infant car seat's description clearly says the adapter is not included. Can you point out where you see otherwise?

"The BOB B-Safe Infant car seat can be used with the BOB Motion Stroller; it can be used with other BOB single strollers with the use of the Britax adapter (sold separately)"

My understanding of the quote is that the B-Safe is compatible with the Motion Stroller without an adapter. With other Bob strollers, an adapter is needed, but not included.

Pengyn 01-18-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueone (Post 56939622)
My understanding of the quote is that the B-Safe is compatible with the Motion Stroller without an adapter. With other Bob strollers, an adapter is needed, but not included.

On second read, that interpretation makes sense. I hope you're correct. Thank you and rep'd! Huge plus vs. other options if so. Save around $50.

joshuaNH 01-18-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondomango (Post 56928672)
This is the better deal. Id go with the jogger even if youre not a...jogger. It's smooth as butter on sidewalks and the park. My purple BOB Revolution SE jogger was worth every penny, unlike most of the baby items I've purchased...

I actually cancelled my order and ordered everything plus MORE STUFF ;), in the end my total order came to $555 and I actually got back $110 Kohls.

BUT what I can't believe is that I only need to get one more item to get the FREE Convertable Car Seat.... YAY!!!!! SO this thread was worth reading.

ufokillerz 01-18-2013 03:17 PM

this stroller weighing nearly as much as the b-ready makes it unfriendly to lug. i'm a father and i'm not a small guy, but lugging around a large stroller takes a lot out of me!
i use a b-agile now instead of the b-ready

Pengyn 01-18-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuaNH (Post 56946012)

I actually cancelled my order and ordered everything plus MORE STUFF ;), in the end my total order came to $555 and I actually got back $110 Kohls.

BUT what I can't believe is that I only need to get one more item to get the FREE Convertable Car Seat.... YAY!!!!! SO this thread was worth reading.

Hi JoshuaNH. Did you make your new (re)purchase very recently? Could you post some details? I tried to do something similar on Kohl's but couldn't replicate your prices. It does look like a good alternative to consider (even though I hate Kohl's cash). Thanks.

joshuaNH 01-18-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pengyn (Post 56948282)
Hi JoshuaNH. Did you make your new (re)purchase very recently? Could you post some details? I tried to do something similar on Kohl's but couldn't replicate your prices. It does look like a good alternative to consider (even though I hate Kohl's cash). Thanks.

First off, let me say sorry, the deal is done. There was a Kohls baby sale with 20% off and then a 15% off plus kohls cash plus 10% using Discover. This sale is over.

Even though the bobs stroller was never mentioned on slickdeals, other baby britex stuff was and from that post I was able to figure everything out.

About Kohls cash.... I to use to hate it. But now that Kohls price matches, it not to bad... actually it's amazing.

If you are looking for value you may want to buy this deal or wait a little longer and try Kohls when they have Kohls cash and a 30% off code, but you most likely will have to use Kohls charge card.

I looked around and if your mind is set, i don't know how long the sale is but you canget 30% off now using a Kohls code (perhaps buy it) and if you are lucky you will find it for 30% off and Kohls cash. What made my promotion so good was you got 35% off, plus kohls cash PLUS you did not need to use a Kohls card. But again, if you want the same mode that I got, Kohls has the best price around.

Lastly I made the purchase about 20 minites after the first purchase, just needed to add a few items and to max out in Kohls cash.

DrSachmo 01-19-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostofdavid (Post 56910242)
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it! :)

:D

No problem

Time4Bid 01-20-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pengyn (Post 56935334)

I saw the (sold seperately) too so I called REI (this might have pushed me back to the hunt). She put me on hold for a minute then confirmed that the promotion includes an adapter. She also said that they ran this promotion in November (?) and it included an adapter then too, so she was familiar with the question.

I just noticed another poster found some verbiage about no adapter needed for this stroller. That is even better to not have to hassle with a second part.

Time4Bid 01-20-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dittuk (Post 56934666)
Thank you very much for the inputs. I will go to a retail store to try out different brands, but as this sale ends today, i already placed an order and i can cancel it anytime before i pick with awesome REI service -if i chose a different product.

This stroller is only sold at REI for now so you won't be able to test it out until it arrives. When you ship to REI, they actually assemble it and test it out. When you pick it up you can test it out in the store. good luck.

sknexus 01-20-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time4Bid (Post 56973236)
I saw the (sold seperately) too so I called REI (this might have pushed me back to the hunt). She put me on hold for a minute then confirmed that the promotion includes an adapter. She also said that they ran this promotion in November (?) and it included an adapter then too, so she was familiar with the question.

I just noticed another poster found some verbiage about no adapter needed for this stroller. That is even better to not have to hassle with a second part.

The BOB Motion stroller was released just this past week so any deal/promo that happened in November was not for this model. That said, I went to an REI to check out the Motion. And from what I saw the Motion does indeed need the Britax click & go infant seat adapter to situate the B-Safe on the Motion. BUT, the Motion comes with the Britax click & go infant seat adapter so there is no need to buy it separately.
I also noticed that the babygizmo youtube review also mentions that the Motion comes with the adapter.

By the way, I tried it out and it was really nice. A bit heavier than I imagined but it was so smooth and easy to push around. And I really like the adjustable handle bar.

Time4Bid 01-20-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknexus (Post 56979418)
The BOB Motion stroller was released just this past week so any deal/promo that happened in November was not for this model. That said, I went to an REI to check out the Motion. And from what I saw the Motion does indeed need the Britax click & go infant seat adapter to situate the B-Safe on the Motion. BUT, the Motion comes with the Britax click & go infant seat adapter so there is no need to buy it separately.
I also noticed that the babygizmo youtube review also mentions that the Motion comes with the adapter.

By the way, I tried it out and it was really nice. A bit heavier than I imagined but it was so smooth and easy to push around. And I really like the adjustable handle bar.

I didn't realize the stroller (and the video review) was so new. So they actually had it in stock at the store... very cool. I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to testing it out when it arrives.

peanut425 01-20-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuaNH (Post 56952332)
First off, let me say sorry, the deal is done. There was a Kohls baby sale with 20% off and then a 15% off plus kohls cash plus 10% using Discover. This sale is over.

Even though the bobs stroller was never mentioned on slickdeals, other baby britex stuff was and from that post I was able to figure everything out.

About Kohls cash.... I to use to hate it. But now that Kohls price matches, it not to bad... actually it's amazing.

If you are looking for value you may want to buy this deal or wait a little longer and try Kohls when they have Kohls cash and a 30% off code, but you most likely will have to use Kohls charge card.

I looked around and if your mind is set, i don't know how long the sale is but you canget 30% off now using a Kohls code (perhaps buy it) and if you are lucky you will find it for 30% off and Kohls cash. What made my promotion so good was you got 35% off, plus kohls cash PLUS you did not need to use a Kohls card. But again, if you want the same mode that I got, Kohls has the best price around.

Lastly I made the purchase about 20 minites after the first purchase, just needed to add a few items and to max out in Kohls cash.

How were you able to price match, use shop discover and the two discounts? Whenever I have price matched I have had to do it over the phone, disqualifying the shop discover Internet promo. Also they would only allow an additional 15% off. Just curious how you did it for future reference. Also the revolution is an awesome stroller but a bit cumbersome for everyday. The motion is more of an everyday stroller. I have a revolution and just ordered a motion.

rogueone 01-24-2013 09:14 AM

Picked up the Bob motion and the B-safe infant seat this weekend. It does come with an adapter for the B-safe.

ssbase21 02-13-2013 10:54 AM

Does anyone have any idea if they do this periodically? I would really really be stoked to get this deal.