Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   True Religion Private Online Sale - 50% Off (1/19 to 1/20) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5808248-true-religion-private-online-sale-50-off-1-19-to-1-20)

Weasel 01-19-2013 11:48 AM

True Religion Private Online Sale - 50% Off (1/19 to 1/20)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Been a member here for years and don't usually post so go easy on me as I hope this is a good deal. Received an email blast this morning from the official True Religion website that provided a link to a private sale section that has all styles at 50% off. Sale page includes a good amount of denim and top styles at some of the lowest prices I've seen for this brand. You can get to the sale section by clicking these links:

True Religion Men's Private Sale Link [truereligionbrandjeans.com]
True Religion Women's Private Sale Link [truereligionbrandjeans.com]

Sale runs only from today through tomorrow and is only online and not in their B&M stores.

iBoo 01-19-2013 11:54 AM

those jeans are still too much lolol

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 11:56 AM

Maybe I'm an idiot..which could be a possibility...but how is a 44..42 dollar t-shirts SLICK?

The_Linux_Crew 01-19-2013 11:56 AM

Get 50% any day on Amazon

Men [amazon.com]

Women [amazon.com]

Girls [amazon.com]

Weasel 01-19-2013 12:01 PM

I'll definitely say that this brand isn't for everyone due to the price but I do own a few pairs myself and the quality is far better then any of jeans I own. I think part of that is due to the fact that all of the jeans are made in America versus most other brands that are made in Asia.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 56961726)
I'll definitely say that this brand isn't for everyone due to the price but I do own a few pairs myself and the quality is far better then any of jeans I own. I think part of that is due to the fact that all of the jeans are made in America versus most other brands that are made in Asia.

Without a doubt one of the best fitting jeans I've ever owned.

Shame the sale doesn't have my size. :(

yarnim 01-19-2013 12:33 PM

Thats what ppl with some odd shaped bodies all say...best fitting blahblah....i havent worn any pair of pants that didnt fit me. This style is already so old

O and ugly

badmonopoly 01-19-2013 12:40 PM

You think these prices are bad? Come to Frontenac. The mall has plain striped t-shirts for 200 dollars. You could go to the shitmart down the road and get the same shirt for 5 bucks LOL.

It must be nice being a millionaire and shopping in exclusive malls where you pay 10,000 % mark up so you can show that you're better than everyone else.

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 12:50 PM

The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...

Truth is...rich people don't buy this stuff, they invest their money and spend it wisely

escoe 01-19-2013 12:57 PM

and I thought these jeans were a slick deal at the $375 retail price !

Kryspie 01-19-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56962432)
The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...

Truth is...rich people don't buy this stuff, they invest their money and spend it wisely


Quoted for Truth. The funniest part is that these people spend $200 on a shirt or $400 on some pants to be like their favorite celebrity all the while, celebrities get these type of clothes for FREE to be walking billboards for morons that then want to buy this stuff as a signal of status. Yea, lemming status. :lol:

MistyLyn 01-19-2013 01:01 PM

Was soooo hoping they had the TR cologne!!

boweldi 01-19-2013 01:14 PM

these jeans have an extremely awkward fit.
they make your ass look huge and then curve out to a baggy bottom section and almost bell bottom looking.

you wouldnt catch any semi fashionable people wearing this.

pantat 01-19-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56961614)
Maybe I'm an idiot..which could be a possibility...but how is a 44..42 dollar t-shirts SLICK?

Their Jeans are worth hundreds of $, but buying their t-shirts with premium price is like buying
expensive shoes just because they're made by Mercedes Benz

Account001 01-19-2013 01:20 PM

Im glad to see this is still plus 5 on SD.... no matter how much you disagree with fashion and trends and blah blah blah.

this is 50% of the prices people usually pay for the items. whether you agree that the normal prices are justifiable or not.

persian_mafia 01-19-2013 01:25 PM

Some good deals there. Thanks for sharing OP!

EARTHY 01-19-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarnim (Post 56962186)
Thats what ppl with some odd shaped bodies all say...best fitting blahblah....i havent worn any pair of pants that didnt fit me. This style is already so old

O and ugly


This style?
They have numerous styles.

Secondly, a potato sack will "fit" you too.
Why don't you wear that on a daily basis instead?
I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference between the sack or your cheap shit jeans.

I'll keep supporting a quality US company.
You can continue being cheap.


Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56962432)
The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...

Truth is...rich people don't buy this stuff, they invest their money and spend it wisely


Is that who you think this company mainly caters to?
It's not millionaires.
These jeans are on the lower end of expensive.
There are jeans that run over a thousand dollars a pair.

I just find it humorous when people start judging others spending habits.

For some reason I highly doubt you're ever going to be a millionaire if you buy these jeans or not.

Also I'm assuming you don't personally know any professionals that are millionaires.
And I think it's safe to assume you don't live in a prominently wealthy neighborhood.

seven12 01-19-2013 01:26 PM

SOME of their classic jeans are definitely worth the money,
they last forever and fit great. These sale items are sort of trendy and icky but thumbs up anyway.

KNlCKS 01-19-2013 01:29 PM

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.../8173.html

im buying this, great find thanks!!!

GuySakar 01-19-2013 01:31 PM

I like good jeans, but even if they were free I would never own a pair of jeans called "True Religion". I couldn't even imagine the hipster douche meeting, filled with fedora, scarf wearing a holes that was assembled to come up with that name. And then them shitting all over themselves at the brilliance of it.

imgamekc 01-19-2013 01:34 PM

These types of offers and deals are on Amazon almost weekly.. on those jeans.. Sorry but not really a slick deal to me.. but thanks for posting!

GuySakar 01-19-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56962860)
This style?
They have numerous styles.

Secondly, a potato sack will "fit" you too.
Why don't you wear that on a daily basis instead?
I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference between the sack or your cheap shit jeans.

I'll keep supporting a quality US company.
You can continue being cheap and shopping at Walmart.





Is that who you think this company caters to?
Not millionaires.
These jeans are on the lower end of expensive.
There are jeans that run over a thousand dollars a pair.

I just find it humorous when people start judging others spending habits.

For some reason I highly doubt you're going to be a millionaire if you don't buy these jeans.


Do not kid yourself. The bulk majority of the premium you are paying for these garments is just for name alone.


Alright, we've made a pair of jeans, what should we charge?

Well, how much did they cost to make?

What in the hell does that have to do with anything?

xpaulbaileyx 01-19-2013 01:41 PM

Unfortunately none of this looks too slick.
I wear pretty much nothing but designer jeans and never pay this much for them.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuySakar (Post 56963036)
Do not kid yourself. The bulk majority of the premium you are paying for these garments is just for name alone.


Alright, we've made a pair of jeans, what should we charge?

Well, how much did they cost to make?

What in the hell does that have to do with anything?


Does anything hand crafted in the US come cheaply now a days?
Not really.

Premium price aside, are you truly going to compare these jeans to jeans you picked up at Walmart?

Who cares what others are willing to spend on jeans?
It's their bloody money.

If they're not for you, that's great -
Move on.
Snide comments about how much others are willing to spend just make you seem like an envious dimwit.


Quote:

Originally Posted by xpaulbaileyx (Post 56963094)
Unfortunately none of this looks too slick.
I wear pretty much nothing but designer jeans and never pay this much for them.

I'd have to agree.
You can quite often find TR jeans for on sale at Nordstorm and Nordstrom Rack.
And usually more variety.

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56962860)
This style?
They have numerous styles.

Secondly, a potato sack will "fit" you too.
Why don't you wear that on a daily basis instead?
I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference between the sack or your cheap shit jeans.

I'll keep supporting a quality US company.
You can continue being cheap.





Is that who you think this company mainly caters to?
It's not millionaires.
These jeans are on the lower end of expensive.
There are jeans that run over a thousand dollars a pair.

I just find it humorous when people start judging others spending habits.

For some reason I highly doubt you're ever going to be a millionaire if you buy these jeans or not.

Also I'm assuming you don't personally know any professionals that are millionaires.
And I think it's safe to assume you don't live in a prominently wealthy neighborhood.

Actually, I am perfectly fine living in a moderate, residential neighborhood. I don't need to spend millions on a house.

I am friends with a few top level excutives, and guess what? One drives a Toyota, the other drives a Hyundai....

Not to mention, both these gentlemen wear clothes from JCPennys and Kohls...not Gucci or True Religion, we'll leave it to the "wanna-be, hopefull millionaire"...like yourself, to waste your money.

jumpinjohn1214 01-19-2013 01:46 PM

Great Deal. Any deals on Muscle Milk, Affliction shirt, and an Ed Hardy hat?

ktkn 01-19-2013 01:48 PM

I like the brand, but too bad the prices aren't really slick. However, if you don't have access to other sales, or has something specific you wanted that hasn't been on sale, then it might be a good deal. However, department stores, outlet type of stores typcially has this brand for much much less.

I've seen many times jeans for under $70, and have bought a pair of women jeans for $25 at Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus (can't remember which one)

HeinzCatSoup 01-19-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1214 (Post 56963188)
Great Deal. Any deals on Muscle Milk, Affliction shirt, and an Ed Hardy hat?

ya. lots of deals online. I got some ed hardy shirts on slickdeals a few weeks back. muscle milk just buy from amazon.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963186)
Actually, I am perfectly fine living in a moderate, residential neighborhood. I don't need to spend millions on a house.

I am friends with a few top level excutives, and guess what? One drives a Toyota, the other drives a Hyundai....

Not to mention, both these gentlemen wear clothes from JCPennys and Kohls...not Gucci or True Religion, we'll leave it to the "wanna-be, hopefull millionaire"...like yourself, to waste your money.


So why do you find the need to judge others spending habits?
Is it due to some sort of cynical envy?
Maybe you're not perfectly fine living your mediocre life as you claim.

I don't see what relevance ones vehicle has to do with their net worth or income.
Some people are not interested in cars and their driving choice reflects that.
Is that wrong? No obviously not, we're all different ... maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that.

Again, if you think these jeans cater to executive millionaires you're fooling yourself.
And clearly delusional.

Also I've yet to meet a top level executive that wears a JC Penny suit to board meetings.
Unless the company consists of five people and works out of a garage.

In case you're wondering.
I live in Palm Beach - you won't find a JC Penny nor Kohl's here.

derek533 01-19-2013 01:53 PM

And I thought Polo and Jos A Bank jeans were expensive, holy carp!

These seem like the Bose and Monster of jeans.

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963286)
So why do you find the need to judge others spending habits?
Is it due to some sort of cynical envy?
Maybe you're not perfectly fine living your mediocre life as you claim.

I don't see what relevance ones vehicle has to do with their net worth or income.
Some people are not interested in cars and their driving choice reflects that.
Is that wrong? No obviously not, we're all different ... maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that.

Again, if you think these jeans cater to executive millionaires you're fooling yourself.
And clearly delusional.

Also I've yet to meet a top level executive that wears a JC Penny suit to board meetings.
Unless the company consists of five people and works out of a garage.

:bounce: I never said these jeans cater to executive millionaires...I said these jeans cater to wanna-be millionaires, people like you, who buy these jeans to show off their status....but in fact, have no grasp on spending and investing money intelligently.

My vehicle point, is to show that, people like you, who spend their money on BMW's or Mercedes or other "high status" vehicles are more concerned about their image/status. Intelligent, well invested people, will spend money on a vehicle that doesn't cost loads of money to repair, not require premium gas, and good on fuel economy.

dandaman1219 01-19-2013 02:01 PM

2 chainzzzzzzzz!

trife.from.nt 01-19-2013 02:05 PM

People still wear True Religion?

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963372)
:bounce: I never said these jeans cater to executive millionaires...I said these jeans cater to wanna-be millionaires, people like you, who buy these jeans to show off their status....but in fact, have no grasp on spending and investing money intelligently.

My vehicle point, is to show that, people like you, who spend their money on BMW's or Mercedes or other "high status" vehicles are more concerned about their image/status. Intelligent, well invested people, will spend money on a vehicle that doesn't cost loads of money to repair, not require premium gas, and good on fuel economy.

Think about what you're saying.
You're claiming only those that purchase these jeans only do so for the purpose of "imitating" the rich -
Yet at the same time you're also trying to make the point that the rich don't wear them.

So in-turn no one is trying to be a wanna-be anything.
They're spending money, and that's make you upset apparently.
Maybe you should concentrate less on what others are doing with their money, and concentrate more on yours.
Then you won't have to dream about being wealthy and watch others all day.

Again, you clearly haven't been in a rich neighborhood.
It's not the wanna-be rich people that are purchasing six figure high-end luxury vehicles.
It's rich people with expendable incomes.

Also they're not worried about repairs, they have a new vehicle before their warranty expires.
If you're having concerns about gas prices right now, you're clearly not doing well.
Have you been to Europe lately? I'm assuming you haven't.

What you're describing is someone in the middle class. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
Not a millionaire.

JuicyBooty90210 01-19-2013 02:06 PM

The real question is, are they made in China? I need my daily dose of lead...

xveganrox 01-19-2013 02:11 PM

Wow, so much TCing here.

Although I've always found TR to be pretty gauche, especially in comparison to more understated and better priced alternatives, like 7 For All Mankind and Guess.

As a side note that seems relevant to the thread, most of the wealthy people I know don't buy their clothes at Wal-Mart.

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963286)

In case you're wondering.
I live in Palm Beach - you won't find a JC Penny nor Kohl's here.

You just used your location to try to impress me. You need to turn off the MTV and join us in reality.

lordoff 01-19-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963372)
:bounce: I never said these jeans cater to executive millionaires...I said these jeans cater to wanna-be millionaires, people like you, who buy these jeans to show off their status....but in fact, have no grasp on spending and investing money intelligently.

My vehicle point, is to show that, people like you, who spend their money on BMW's or Mercedes or other "high status" vehicles are more concerned about their image/status. Intelligent, well invested people, will spend money on a vehicle that doesn't cost loads of money to repair, not require premium gas, and good on fuel economy.


not really sure if you can make blanket judgment about someone's lifestyle & values based on what brand of jeans you wear (let alone clothes)

you may well be right that some people who wear these fit into your category, but there are more types of people than you can see/think of ;)

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trife.from.nt (Post 56963438)
People still wear True Religion?

What do you wear now a days?
Jeans so tight that we can tell you got a nickel in your pocket?

Cubeeless 01-19-2013 02:15 PM

How long are these jeans? Because you can choose the waist but not the length..

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963504)
You just used your location to try to impress me. You need to turn off the MTV and join us in reality.

I gave you the location to make a valid point.
Maybe you should go outside and see reality, instead of making assumptions about others based on your whimsical opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubeeless (Post 56963532)
How long are these jeans? Because you can choose the waist but not the length..

34 inseam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xveganrox (Post 56963500)
Wow, so much TCing here.

Although I've always found TR to be pretty gauche, especially in comparison to more understated and better priced alternatives, like 7 For All Mankind and Guess.

As a side note that seems relevant to the thread, most of the wealthy people I know don't buy their clothes at Wal-Mart.

Clearly you don't know the same rich people as Rico does.
On the other hand, the definition of rich in Rico's neighborhood is anyone with more than three goats. :lmao:

leo037 01-19-2013 02:19 PM

i buy my jeans at walmart for $9.99

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo037 (Post 56963590)
i buy my jeans at walmart for $9.99

Not a SD.

Do as JohnnyRico does and make your own from a potato sack.

JohnnyRico 01-19-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963536)
I gave you the location to make a valid point.
Maybe you should go outside and see reality, instead of making assumptions about others based on your whimsical opinions.



34 inseam.



Clearly you don't know the same rich people as Rico does.
On the other hand, the definition of rich in Rico's neighborhood is anyone with more than three goats. :lmao:

Let me get this straight...

You're bragging about coming from Palm Beach, my guess is it's an affluent area since you felt the need to brag about it.

So, either you have money to spend, or mommy and daddy does. Clearly, you are unintelligent since you have to edit every post you make and I've gotten you upset.

Yet, you're on a DEALS forum, in a 50% "designer" brand thread, pandering to me.

Cez21 01-19-2013 02:30 PM

True Religion Jeans went out of style about 2 years ago. If you are going to pay top dollar for your jeans at least get some that are still in style lol

GuySakar 01-19-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963116)
Does anything hand crafted in the US come cheaply now a days?
Not really.

Premium price aside, are you truly going to compare these jeans to jeans you picked up at Walmart?

Who cares what others are willing to spend on jeans?
It's their bloody money.

If they're not for you, that's great -
Move on.
Snide comments about how much others are willing to spend just make you seem like an envious dimwit.




I'd have to agree.
You can quite often find TR jeans for on sale at Nordstorm and Nordstrom Rack.
And usually more variety.

You are honestly not a smart human being if you think that you are paying for quality @ 300+ for a pair of jeans, and not paying for a name. Laughable. Delusional.

And I wear mostly Levis. Levis last for effing ever, are extremely comfortable (if you buy the right style for your person), and these TR jeans are still a thousand percent higher in cost.

And I also wear high end BDU's/Tactical pant. BDU's/Tactical: gusseted crotches and general design for movement and articulation, reinforced knees, butt, etc... lightweight in the areas with little stress, triple stitched, extremely breathable, quick drying, optional Teflon water/stain resistant, built in waist and cuff cinchers, and a ton of other functional features depending on the style you choose.

And still, TR's are a thousand percent higher in cost.


You are buying a name, because you are a sheep.

Weasel 01-19-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicyBooty90210 (Post 56963450)
The real question is, are they made in China? I need my daily dose of lead...

All of True Religion jeans are made in America. It's the main reason they cost as much as they do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubeeless (Post 56963532)
How long are these jeans? Because you can choose the waist but not the length..

All of their Jeans are 34 length. If they're too long on them you're supposed to take them to a tailor to get them hemmed. Costs about $5 to $10 to do so.

OoTLink 01-19-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963372)
My vehicle point, is to show that, people like you, who spend their money on BMW's or Mercedes or other "high status" vehicles are more concerned about their image/status. Intelligent, well invested people, will spend money on a vehicle that doesn't cost loads of money to repair, not require premium gas, and good on fuel economy.

A lot of people buy cars because they either like the way they drive or like the way they look.

Maybe there's something else we don't see? I know Buckle (a store that sells jeans) will alter jeans (I think for free!) when you buy them. However, their jeans are also pretty darn expensive. (although I think they maxed out around $150).

Of course, buying a BMW for the looks is kinda moot. Lots of cars look like BMWs.

monster888 01-19-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trife.from.nt (Post 56963438)
People still wear True Religion?

Agreed. Went out of style around 2 years ago. I don't understand how this brand become popular in the first place.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56963866)
Agreed. Went out of style around 2 years ago. I don't understand how this brand become popular in the first place.

Out of curiosity -
What do you consider in-style now?

monster888 01-19-2013 02:47 PM

Seriously, if you still think True Religion is fashionable, then you need a subscription to Esquire.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56963952)
I bet he thinks Warren Buffett is poor because he drives a Chrysler.



Basically nothing with a flare bottom fit. ;)

You do realize that they make more than one style of jean right?
They have straight leg, which do not flare at the bottom.

Hell, they even have some slim straight on sale at Nordstrom for $100 right now.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

GuySakar 01-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56963952)
I bet he thinks Warren Buffett is poor because he drives a Chrysler.



True. And Sam Walton drove an F150 I think.

If I were a billionaire, I would have a high end Caddy, Toyota Avalon, Subaru Outback, Toyota 4 Runner, a 3500 4 door 4x4 diesel dully, and a Porsche turbo.

The Porsche costs a premium, but you are actually getting something for that premium, other than just a freaking name and status symbol. You are paying for something that is measurably the best at several things.

monster888 01-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964006)
You do realize that they make more than one style of jean right?
They have straight leg, which do not flare at the bottom.

Hell, they even have some slim straight on sale at Nordstrom for $100 right now.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

The fact that they STILL have $300-400 flare and bootleg cuts in production means they are so out of touch with fashion.

And NICE COLOR on that $100 pair of jeans. :confused:

EARTHY 01-19-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964060)
The fact that they STILL have $300-400 flare and bootleg cuts in production means they are so out of touch with fashion.

And NICE COLOR on that $100 pair of jeans. :confused:

Clearly variety means they're out of touch with fashion.
It seems you have utterly no idea what you're talking about, and looking for any reason to put down the jeans.
Which is fine, they're not for you - So what are you doing in this thread?

Blue jeans ...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

Why don't you go take a gander on how many variations of cuts Levi's offers.

More specifically please tell me what in-style brand you're wearing now that only produces stylish jeans and not "boot cut" -


Quote:

Originally Posted by GuySakar (Post 56964052)
True. And Sam Walton drove an F150 I think.

If I were a billionaire, I would have a high end Caddy, Toyota Avalon, Subaru Outback, Toyota 4 Runner, a 3500 4 door 4x4 diesel dully, and a Porsche turbo.

The Porsche costs a premium, but you are actually getting something for that premium, other than just a freaking name and status symbol. You are paying for something that is measurably the best at several things.

Oh yes, that porsche would go perfect with your mall ninja tactical pants.
Your taste in fashion seems to be quite keen, please tell me more about what jeans I should buy and not buy.

maramos 01-19-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryspie (Post 56962516)
celebrities get these type of clothes for FREE

As someone who works in fashion I can tell you this isn't true a lot of the time. Good clothing sells itself, you don't need to give it out. I've seen plenty of big celebrities asking for hand outs turned away because they're simply unneeded. Even when they are given clothing for a photo shoot or music video they're typically expected to return it in sale-able condition. From what I've seen celebrities generally are only given clothing from start up brands, grossly overpriced brands, huge global everyday brands, or shitty brands.

Slickd3aler 01-19-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963372)
:bounce: I never said these jeans cater to executive millionaires...I said these jeans cater to wanna-be millionaires, people like you, who buy these jeans to show off their status....but in fact, have no grasp on spending and investing money intelligently.

My vehicle point, is to show that, people like you, who spend their money on BMW's or Mercedes or other "high status" vehicles are more concerned about their image/status. Intelligent, well invested people, will spend money on a vehicle that doesn't cost loads of money to repair, not require premium gas, and good on fuel economy.

:iagree: :clap:

GuySakar 01-19-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964076)
Clearly variety means they're out of touch with fashion.
It seems you have utterly no idea what you're talking about, and looking for any reason to put down the jeans.
Which is fine, they're not for you - So what are you doing in this thread?

Blue jeans ...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

Why don't you go take a gander on how many variations of cuts Levi's offers.

More specifically please tell me what in-style brand you're wearing now that only produces stylish jeans and not "boot cut" -




Oh yes, that porsche would go perfect with your mall ninja tactical pants.
Your taste in fashion seems to be quite keen, please tell me more about what jeans I should buy and not buy.

Mall ninja pants. LOL. BDU's are far, far from mall ninja pants. They're mil spec pants, and the higher end ones are mil spec plus.

monster888 01-19-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964076)
Clearly variety means they're out of touch with fashion.
It seems you have utterly no idea what you're talking about, and looking for any reason to put down the jeans.
Which is fine, they're not for you - So what are you doing in this thread?

Blue jeans ...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

Why don't you go take a gander on how many variations of cuts Levi's offers.

If you mentioned DESIGNER jeans, please name one fashion house that still makes flare and bootleg cuts. As far I know, Dior, Lanvin, and Balmain don't make any.

http://www.barneys.com/Denim/mens...lt,sc.html

Noticed you don't see ANY flare bottoms?

You don't know fashion brah. The fact you mentioned Levi's have those cuts means True Religion is in the same fashion tier.

Again, i suggest a subscription to Esquire bro.

Kryspie 01-19-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythek (Post 56963764)

lol you obviously do not know many people who wear designer jeans. I used to wear nothing but designer jeans and not one of my purchase was because a celebrity wears it. In fact, I've never seen any celebrities wearing the jeans that I owned. Your perception of people who have different taste in fashion is amusing. Sounds like you're jealous because you can only afford to go shop at walmart and target. LOL



Someone's moist.


The fact of the matter reminds, why would i buy something for $50 when I know it cost less than $5 to make???

huh?

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964158)
If you mentioned DESIGNER jeans, please name one fashion house that still makes flare and bootleg cuts. As far I know, Dior, Lanvin, and Balmain don't make any.

http://www.barneys.com/Denim/mens...lt,sc.html

Noticed you don't see ANY flare bottoms?

You don't know fashion brah. The fact you mentioned Levi's have those cuts means True Religion is in the same fashion tier.

Again, i suggest a subscription to Esquire bro.


Lmao.
Dior, Lanvin and Balmain are no where near the same price point as True Religion.

Good try.

And I mentioned Levi's as one of you mentioned that you wore those.
I assumed it was you. I'm having trouble keeping track of all you imbeciles.

What does that color look so familiar on those $1300 jeans?

http://www.barneys.com/Balmain-Wo...im&index=1

monster888 01-19-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964188)
Lmao.
Dior, Lanvin and Balmain are no where near the same price point as True Religion.

Good try.

So i'm out of fashion, when these fashion houses don't offer flare and bootleg cuts like True Religion, which BTW you think is fashionable? ROFL.

Backpeddle more!

GuySakar 01-19-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964160)
Are you active duty?
Are you law enforcement?
If you answered no to either you have utterly no reason to be wearing those in-public.
Unless you're a dimwit mall ninja.


.


I do things with my body. For one, I do a lot of extended dual sport/enduro tent camping exploring trips, and a good pair of BDU's is about as spot on for one of those trips as they are for military, doing nearly the same thing, minus the killing of people.

Plus, I wear them to just sit on ass. They're lighter weight than jeans, more durable, more breathable, etc...

mythek 01-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryspie (Post 56964182)
Someone's moist.


The fact of the matter reminds, why would i buy something for $50 when I know it cost less than $5 to make???

huh?

oh really? you are in the clothing mfg business and you know it really cost $5 to make after material, labor, import/export, tax, retail and distribution expenses?

Like I've stated numerous times in this thread regarding fashion, price doesn't reflect solely on the material/cost of mfg. I find you guys are quite amusing at first, but this is gettin' old and i don't get a laughter outta this anymore. to each and his own :)

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964206)
So i'm out of fashion, when these fashion houses don't offer flare and bootleg cuts like True Religion, which BTW you think is fashionable? ROFL.

Backpeddle more!

Who said you're out of fashion?
The only one making that assumption was you.

Those fashion houses never offered bootleg cut in years.
Guess what, majority of the denim companies still do.

Show me a denim company within the same price range as TR that don't make boot cuts.
You've only shown me denim companies that produce a handful of jeans every year.

Your points are moot and invalid.

First you claimed they weren't "in-style" due to their cut.
When you were proven wrong you tried to claim they weren't "in-style" for offering variety.

You're not out of fashion.
You're just a dimwit with no leg to stand on.


Quote:

Originally Posted by GuySakar (Post 56964260)
I do things with my body. For one, I do a lot of extended dual sport/enduro tent camping exploring trips, and a good pair of BDU's is about as spot on for one of those trips as they are for military, doing nearly the same thing, minus the killing of people.

Plus, I wear them to just sit on ass. They're lighter weight than jeans, more durable, more breathable, etc...

You do things with your body?
That's a superb way to start your point.

For some odd reason I don't think you're doing dual sport/enduro tent camping on a daily basis.
Hence your preference for absurd tactical pants have no relevance in this discussion.
And in-turn proving further that you're nothing more than an elderly mall ninja that reminisces about jeans from the 80s.
How did you manage to derail this thread with that?

Slickd3aler 01-19-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963536)
I gave you the location to make a valid point.
Maybe you should go outside and see reality, instead of making assumptions about others based on your whimsical opinions.



34 inseam.



Clearly you don't know the same rich people as Rico does.
On the other hand, the definition of rich in Rico's neighborhood is anyone with more than three goats. :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963614)
Not a SD.

Do as JohnnyRico does and make your own from a potato sack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964076)
Clearly variety means they're out of touch with fashion.
It seems you have utterly no idea what you're talking about, and looking for any reason to put down the jeans.
Which is fine, they're not for you - So what are you doing in this thread?

Blue jeans ...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/true-...sultback=0

Why don't you go take a gander on how many variations of cuts Levi's offers.

More specifically please tell me what in-style brand you're wearing now that only produces stylish jeans and not "boot cut" -




Oh yes, that porsche would go perfect with your mall ninja tactical pants.
Your taste in fashion seems to be quite keen, please tell me more about what jeans I should buy and not buy.

Y'all have issues! Over some jeans! :shake:

AznCracker 01-19-2013 03:14 PM

wow only a $160 for a pair of jeans

calibmw 01-19-2013 03:15 PM

These jeans are out of style. they were big during the affliction days.

monster888 01-19-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964288)
Who said you're out of fashion?
The only one making that assumption was you.

Those fashion houses never offered bootleg cut in years.
Guess what, majority of the denim companies still do.

Show me a denim company within the same price range as TR that don't make boot cuts.
You've only shown me denim companies that produce a handful of jeans every year.

You answered the question yourself. Fashion houses never offered bootleg cuts in years because they are OUT OF FASHION.

The fact you compare True Religion to Levi's means they are in the SAME TIER.

Similarly, the fact you cannot compare True Religion to Dior means they are NOT IN THE SAME TIER.

By conclusion, True Religion is OUT OF FASHION.


It seems as if you cannot even comprehend what you said yourself.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964380)
You answered the question yourself. Fashion houses never offered bootleg cuts in years because they are OUT OF FASHION.

The fact you compare True Religion to Levi's means they are in the SAME TIER.

Similarly, the fact you cannot compare True Religion to Dior means they are NOT IN THE SAME TIER.

By conclusion, True Religion is OUT OF FASHION.


It seems as if you cannot even comprehend what you said yourself.

Alright, enjoy your in-style space-man pants. :rolleyes:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr...o1_500.jpg

thiennhu 01-19-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964422)
Alright, enjoy your in-style space-man pants. :rolleyes:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr...o1_500.jpg

Those looks good. A confidence person can wear anything and feel good. A person that lacks confidence need to cover themselves in brand name clothing.

NicoB 01-19-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964188)
I'm having trouble keeping track of all you imbeciles.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

hahah great show ur putting on

monster888 01-19-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964422)
Alright, enjoy your in-style space-man pants. :rolleyes:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr...o1_500.jpg

Look, I wasn't the person that failed miserably trying to educate people on trends. Basically you proved yourself wrong. LMAO.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiennhu (Post 56964470)
Those looks good. A confidence person can wear anything and feel good. A person that lacks confidence need to cover themselves in brand name clothing.


Um, those are brand-name.

& they're $1300.

What are you rambling about?

monster888 01-19-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964496)
Um, those are brand-name.

& they're $1300.

What are you rambling about?

Basically you are poor and wear poverty True Religion denim?

/sarcasm

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964496)
Um, those are brand-name.

& they're $1300.

What are you rambling about?


Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964492)
Look, I wasn't the person that failed miserably trying to educate people on trends. Basically you proved yourself wrong. LMAO.


Actually you did.

Your entire point was trying to educate people on "in-style" jeans - that if a denim company doesn't ONLY sell exactly the same jeans as absurdly priced design houses they're no longer in-style.
That if they make jeans in more than one cut, they're no longer in-style.
That's an opinion, not a valid point.

More so being that when you were proven wrong -
You tried making up another absurd excuse why they're no longer in-style.

evident 01-19-2013 03:29 PM

sad part is these jeans arent even good quality for the price, nor stylish.

thiennhu 01-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56964496)
Um, those are brand-name.

& they're $1300.

What are you rambling about?

Oh I see, I don't even know what brand is it, all I'm saying is it look good as long as it fit you. But for $1300 no way I'm paying for that. There are better looking jeans under $100.

JohnnyHot 01-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Linux_Crew (Post 56961616)
Get 50% any day on Amazon

Men [amazon.com]

Women [amazon.com]

Girls [amazon.com]


Yeah dude, that stuff from amazon is completely the same as the official site. Pfft. :rolleyes:

TrollPatrol 01-19-2013 03:31 PM

Grand teacher - of trolls

QUOTE=yarnim;56962186]Thats what ppl with some odd shaped bodies all say...best fitting blahblah....i havent worn any pair of pants that didnt fit me. This style is already so old

O and ugly[/QUOTE]

EARTHY 01-19-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollPatrol (Post 56964564)
Grand teacher - of trolls

QUOTE=yarnim;56962186]Thats what ppl with some odd shaped bodies all say...best fitting blahblah....i havent worn any pair of pants that didnt fit me. This style is already so old

O and ugly

[/QUOTE]

Lmao.

You win at the internet with that name. :hug:

TrollPatrol 01-19-2013 03:32 PM

Rich troll, poor troll - guess which one you are

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56962432)
The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...

Truth is...rich people don't buy this stuff, they invest their money and spend it wisely


JohnnyHot 01-19-2013 03:34 PM

I've worn Levi's forever. But I do have to admit, buying some USA made jeans, even if more expensive fit 10x better. I picked up some Hudson jeans recently and they fit awesome. But since it does cost more it's something you don't buy on a whim.

TrollPatrol 01-19-2013 03:35 PM

Thank you, I am here to spawn my troll minions across all Bose, Monster and other luxury items posted in SD. Because NOTHING says you have a life like trolling on a page that you don't even care about.

Lmao.

You win at the internet with that name. :hug:[/QUOTE]

Being a troll isn't like a lemming - not at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryspie (Post 56962516)
Quoted for Truth. The funniest part is that these people spend $200 on a shirt or $400 on some pants to be like their favorite celebrity all the while, celebrities get these type of clothes for FREE to be walking billboards for morons that then want to buy this stuff as a signal of status. Yea, lemming status. :lol:


TrollPatrol 01-19-2013 03:39 PM

Troll fashion sense? I would always blame the jeans on how you look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boweldi (Post 56962698)
these jeans have an extremely awkward fit.
they make your ass look huge and then curve out to a baggy bottom section and almost bell bottom looking.

you wouldnt catch any semi fashionable people wearing this.


Keytomyheart 01-19-2013 03:43 PM

I think the TR is mostly favored by people in 30-40's in today's trend whereas youngsters who care about their their fits lean toward brands like nudie, naked & famous, a.p.c., and so on.

goggles99 01-19-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56962432)
The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...

Truth is...rich people don't buy this stuff, they invest their money and spend it wisely

You are absolutely correct. There have been numerous studies done about this. Most millionaires buy used cars also while wanna be (keep up with the Jones') but the new cars every three years. That is why most millionaires are millionaires. The Facade that Hollywood portrays millionaires to be is quite different from reality.

monster888 01-19-2013 03:58 PM

Anyone remember "fashionable" denim companies?

Seven
Diesel
Paper Denim

Those all went out of style like True Religion.

Very normal in the fashion world.

The_Linux_Crew 01-19-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHot (Post 56964538)
Yeah dude, that stuff from amazon is completely the same as the official site. Pfft. :rolleyes:

I never said it was the same stuff. Just saying that 50% off is not so special, especially for overpriced TR stuff.

SupahRich 01-19-2013 04:15 PM

I was at a Marshall's in Concord, NC last year that actually had some True Religion stuff on their racks. Didn't realize it was a trendy-wear. Just saw that the hat I bought from Marshal's retails for $95 on their site. I think I paid around $8 for it, and the shoes I picked up were something like $10-15. Can definitely tell that the items are of pretty high quality. I've forgotten all about them, I should go dig them out of the closet and wear them more often :D

monster888 01-19-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupahRich (Post 56965124)
I was at a Marshall's in Concord, NC last year that actually had some True Religion stuff on their racks. Didn't realize it was a trendy-wear. Just saw that the hat I bought from Marshal's retails for $95 on their site. I think I paid around $8 for it, and the shoes I picked up were something like $10-15. Can definitely tell that the items are of pretty high quality. I've forgotten all about them, I should go dig them out of the closet and wear them more often :D

Nice, I'm going to dig out Seven for Mankind jeans outta my closet so I show up to clubz and let them valet my entry-level 3-series. :woot:

EARTHY 01-19-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56965110)
Why you still wearing True Religion bro? :O

Cause they're comfortable and fit me well -
Better question is, why are people still buying them if they're out of style?
They're having quarter sales increases every quarter.

Let met guess, you burn your jeans yearly to keep up with the "in-style" brands?
:shake:



Quote:

Originally Posted by SupahRich (Post 56965124)
I was at a Marshall's in Concord, NC last year that actually had some True Religion stuff on their racks. Didn't realize it was a trendy-wear. Just saw that the hat I bought from Marshal's retails for $95 on their site. I think I paid around $8 for it, and the shoes I picked up were something like $10-15. Can definitely tell that the items are of pretty high quality. I've forgotten all about them, I should go dig them out of the closet and wear them more often :D

You won't find TR jeans in Marshall's.

Those hats and t-shirts are cheap shit.
They're not made in the US.

Slickd3aler 01-19-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiennhu (Post 56964470)
Those looks good. A confidence person can wear anything and feel good. A person that lacks confidence need to cover themselves in brand name clothing.

Agreed!

i3ighead 01-19-2013 05:07 PM

Come on guys/gals. We don't go and rag on your McDonald and McRib threads.

I don't own TR and I am cheap/frugal, but I did switch over to premium denim a couple of years ago. It is worth it to me not for the name, but for the fit and feel. Maybe you guys are used to baggy clothes, but no need to rag on people that prefer a certain "fit."

twostepopper 01-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56962432)
The people that wear these brands, are wanna-be millionaires or want people to think they are rich...


haha.. true story!


Women use these pants to tell who the dbag guys are to avoid.
On the flipside women with "orange" tans and/or bottle rats might be into dudes who wear these.



(sorry not trying to TROLL the thread.. just pointing out an observation.)

bluejen 01-19-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez21 (Post 56963756)
True Religion Jeans went out of style about 2 years ago. If you are going to pay top dollar for your jeans at least get some that are still in style lol

Please inform us what is "in" right now. I wear jeans (or anything for that matter) that are comfortable and please ME, not trying to please others. Well, my husband maybe. ;)

So many people these days are bitching about items being made in China, but if you want something made in the US, these are the prices you'll pay. Almost all your toys (computer, tablet, chair, etc) are made in Asia. If computers were exclusively made in America, you wouldn't be able to afford one.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyQ (Post 56965734)
Please inform us what is "in" right now. I wear jeans (or anything for that matter) that are comfortable and please ME, not trying to please others. Well, my husband maybe. ;)

So many people these days are bitching about items being made in China, but if you want something made in the US, these are the prices you'll pay. Almost all your toys (computer, tablet, chair, etc) are made in Asia. If computers were exclusively made in America, you wouldn't be able to afford one.

Fashionistas already did inform us what's in-style ...
$1300 jeans they can't actually afford themselves.

But you're without a doubt right, if the jeans fit and please you ... that's all that matters.

monster888 01-19-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyQ (Post 56965734)
Please inform us what is "in" right now. I wear jeans (or anything for that matter) that are comfortable and please ME, not trying to please others. Well, my husband maybe. ;)

So many people these days are bitching about items being made in China, but if you want something made in the US, these are the prices you'll pay. Almost all your toys (computer, tablet, chair, etc) are made in Asia. If computers were exclusively made in America, you wouldn't be able to afford one.

If you want a nice pair of jeans that aren't flashy or retarded looking, look into APC, Nudies, or even Levi's (inconsistent, so try them at the store).

/not trolling

Kryspie 01-19-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythek (Post 56964276)
oh really? you are in the clothing mfg business and you know it really cost $5 to make after material, labor, import/export, tax, retail and distribution expenses?

Like I've stated numerous times in this thread regarding fashion, price doesn't reflect solely on the material/cost of mfg. I find you guys are quite amusing at first, but this is gettin' old and i don't get a laughter outta this anymore. to each and his own :)


Dude I can get a blank t shirt from china for $2 and put anything i want on it.

So again. why am i paying fashion brands prices for $2 shirts?

i used to be into designs and gettin "fresh" shirts when i was young, but im older and smarter now and know the true value of "fashion", which is next to nothing. To each is own I guess....

bluejen 01-19-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56965744)
Fashionistas already did inform us what's in-style ...
$1300 jeans they can't actually afford themselves.

Aha, thanks! Better go back and check that out. Wouldn't want to go out in something that isn't in style. Plus, what's "fashionable" in SoCal, where I live, may be far different from what is considered cool in Mississippi. (Nothing against MS at all, just picked it out since I like spelling it).

Prince01 01-19-2013 05:20 PM

In last few years I tried in my meager salary to own few of high brand jeans, 7forallmankind, Ernest Sewen, APC and True Religion, all these brands are very good in fitting and having very good quality.
But I find them really ridiculous price.
Even after sale the prices are too high for most of the people.
I usually fish out in Macy's and Dillards when they put on clearance. Where i usually get much cheaper than this sale.
But apart from Jeans I dont think a very simple crew neck should be paid $34, ridiculous pure and simple, unless if you are in 1% blanket.

monster888 01-19-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56965768)
What happened to you rambling on about jeans not being in-style if they offer boot cut?
Change your mind?
Or admitting to the fact that you were doing nothing but trolling?

I love Nudies though.
One of my favorite pair of jeans.

Levi's is classic and averages $50-60.
True Religion was 2008 and still averages $300-400.

Slimwallet 01-19-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56965172)
Cause they're comfortable and fit me well -
Better question is, why are people still buying them if they're out of style?
They're having quarter sales increases every quarter.

Let met guess, you burn your jeans yearly to keep up with the "in-style" brands?
:shake:





You won't find TR jeans at Marshall's.

Those hats and t-shirts are cheap shit.
They're not made in the US.

TR Jeans are in Marshall's. I've seen them too. I think price was $79.99.

Loved the jean 2 years ago but not now. BTW I just hate big pockets with horseshoe. Wish they can reduce the pocket size smaller like other brands. Reminds me of Jnco jeans I wore in 90s.

EARTHY 01-19-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56965802)
Levi's is classic and averages $50-60.
True Religion was 2008 and still averages $300-400.

There are Levi's over $150 -
That are comparable to the hand-made TR jeans.

And again, I haven't purchased a pair of TR jeans for over $120.

And they have some fairly decent washes that aren't flashy.

But according to what you said prior -
Any brand that offers boot cut jeans can not longer be "in-style" as the top fashion houses do not offer boot cut jeans.

bluejen 01-19-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRico (Post 56963690)
Let me get this straight...

You're bragging about coming from Palm Beach, my guess is it's an affluent area since you felt the need to brag about it.

So, either you have money to spend, or mommy and daddy does. Clearly, you are unintelligent since you have to edit every post you make and I've gotten you upset.

Yet, you're on a DEALS forum, in a 50% "designer" brand thread, pandering to me.

You sure you're in Buenos Aires? And calling out someone that lives in Florida? You must pay a fortune in shipping costs from items on SD.

JasonKR 01-19-2013 05:44 PM

I'm happy with Levis jeans :bounce:

bluejen 01-19-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11361 (Post 56962910)

That IS a nice bag, thanks for finding it! :)

tomli777 01-19-2013 05:53 PM

my two cents...i would never pay retail for a pair of true religions, but i have bought three pairs of irregulars...two pairs at a TR outlet store for 50 a pair and a pair at Costco for around 40 a pair. that being said, the quality has been very good and they are pretty comfortable.

aversed 01-19-2013 05:59 PM

If you're going to spend >100 for a pair of jeans, might as well get some APC's or Naked and Famous or Unbrandeds. Not these. Yuck.

ipcmlr 01-19-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrg35 (Post 56964900)
Anyone remember "fashionable" denim companies?

Seven
Diesel
Paper Denim

Those all went out of style like True Religion.

Very normal in the fashion world.

I still love my diesel jeans though. True religion just has too much gaudy stitching and pocket flaps. But I guess it is a deal for those that like the brand.

azoiic 01-19-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 56961726)
I'll definitely say that this brand isn't for everyone due to the price but I do own a few pairs myself and the quality is far better then any of jeans I own. I think part of that is due to the fact that all of the jeans are made in America versus most other brands that are made in Asia.

I disagree with your bias statement. Have you ever tried jeans from japan?

jacure 01-19-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963942)
Out of curiosity -
What do you consider in-style now?

Wrangler jeans from walmart:)++

Dizazndood320 01-19-2013 06:56 PM

after reading this thread i seriously think some people got mental problems. first of all if you don't like the price of TR jeans then say its too expensive for your wallet instead of talking BS and non sense. No i don't wear TR pants cause i choose not to but my wife loves their jeans and im find with it. to each of there own but don't be calling others wannabes and showoff cause they are wearing TR jeans everyone got their own taste of clothes so if you don't like it then STFU tired of the idiotic douches with their comments

carporsche 01-19-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC;JohnnyRico (Post 56963690)
Yet, you're on a DEALS forum, in a 50% "designer" brand thread, pandering to me.

+100 to this point.. :)

messi00 01-19-2013 07:08 PM

for comfort....get joes jeans.

SGHokie 01-19-2013 07:30 PM

I will stick with my Kirklands jeans.
LOL.
They fit great, and with all that money I saved I can keep looking on SD.

blsrx10 01-19-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by messi00 (Post 56967196)
for comfort....get joes jeans.

Second that.. if you go to their outlet stores you can get a pair for 60 bucks or less and their fit is awesome.. I cringe everytime i see those fugly TR back pockets on some one.. but hey to each his own..

DeezWho 01-19-2013 07:43 PM

Great deal ... if I hadnt already stocked up on these at the last Saks sale (60% off).
Maybe Ill get a belt while Im on the website though.

Also, I dont think those brands are out of style, they just appeal to different segments of the market. I still see people regularly buying Diesel, True Religion, and 7 jeans at Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, etc ... not to mention in their boutique stores in high end malls.

What basis do you have for saying they are out of style?

ryan5943 01-19-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by messi00 (Post 56967196)
for comfort....get joes jeans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blsrx10 (Post 56967558)
Second that.. if you go to their outlet stores you can get a pair for 60 bucks or less and their fit is awesome.. I cringe everytime i see those fugly TR back pockets on some one.. but hey to each his own..

Are the mens Joes Jeans nice? They're my girlfriend's favorites and they look great on her. I just saw they sell mens but I've never seen them in a store before.

I usually buy 7fam because they're denim is incredibly soft and comfortable. I also own levi's for when I do yard work. The material is not even remotely comparable.

DeezWho 01-19-2013 07:49 PM

Joes jeans are pretty nice... I find them comparable to 7 for looks. Understated and easy to dress up.

onlyphoebe 01-19-2013 08:07 PM

True Religion jeans never seem to fit me right. Neither do 7FAMK. . I like Current/Elliott and J Brand if I am spending some $$. But most of my jeans are just from American eagle, which seem to fit the best and are super cheap.

captnbrimster 01-19-2013 08:20 PM

really? the shirts say "brand jeans"

blsrx10 01-19-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan5943 (Post 56967750)
Are the mens Joes Jeans nice? They're my girlfriend's favorites and they look great on her. I just saw they sell mens but I've never seen them in a store before.

I usually buy 7fam because they're denim is incredibly soft and comfortable. I also own levi's for when I do yard work. The material is not even remotely comparable.

If you like 7fam, i'm pretty sure you'll like them. Joe's fabric is much softer and lighter than 7fam imho. I have a couple of them in each of those two and like them both equally, though Joes cost less.

Slimeyface 01-19-2013 08:58 PM

w:omg:w

to this thread. Living in Silicon Valley, I have met quite a few VCs and CEOs, CFOs, COOs. They are all intelligent, well-spoken people whose fashion is always very modest. Many blend in quite well in jeans and polos. Most of the high-end executives do indeed drive modest vehicles as well.

At the end of the day, I think it does really depend on the personality and where you are in your life. These people I have described are very science-oriented, and spend much of their time with things other than fashion. However, If you've made a sucessful career in fashion, you will most likely be spending your hard-earned money on expensive and fashionable clothes.

It's all a game of statistics and demographics. LeonC-- youre fighting a losing battle and always will be here.
I think the predominant demographic of Slickdeals users is self-made small-scale economists, those who analyze cost-benefit in terms of forecasting future financial productivity. In a sense, this is much the same mindset of those high-end execs (Silicon Valley VCs and CEOS).

Let's all agree that living in a beautiful democratic country with the choice of getting wal-mart jeans or higher-end domestically-crafted clothing at department stores is just fantastic. :highfive:

EARTHY 01-20-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizazndood320 (Post 56966968)
after reading this thread i seriously think some people got mental problems. first of all if you don't like the price of TR jeans then say its too expensive for your wallet instead of talking BS and non sense. No i don't wear TR pants cause i choose not to but my wife loves their jeans and im find with it. to each of there own but don't be calling others wannabes and showoff cause they are wearing TR jeans everyone got their own taste of clothes so if you don't like it then STFU tired of the idiotic douches with their comments


+100 to the point

trife.from.nt 01-24-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonC (Post 56963522)
What do you wear now a days?
Jeans so tight that we can tell you got a nickel in your pocket?

lolwut

C'mon son.....everybody and their mother knows that True Religion was dead years ago. By all means, do you and wear what you like. But facts are facts--in the mainstream, TR isn't "hot" like it used to be. The only people I see wearing these now are soccer moms trying to be hip or dudes in tight Affliction shirts.

2 Chainz is mad late. But then again, he's from the South where fashion-wise, people tend to catch on a few years later (as a transplanted northerner, I have first hand experience with this). Dudes were still wearing Girbaud jeans a few years ago. SMH.

dukpoki 01-24-2013 02:53 PM

i don't care for true religion because i've never tried them but if some people like them then so what? Let them enjoy what they want. If they have the money then i'd say let them buy $1,000 jeans if they want. It's their business not mine. I mean who am I to say to this person what and how much they can spend on something? As if i had a hand in the money that the person put blood and sweat to make! I don't understand all the hate on this thread. Same with $100+ rice cooker threads, $1,000 grill threads, $$$$ IPS screen threads, etc etc. God i hate cheap mongrels who can't think outside the box. :D

snorkeler 01-24-2013 04:55 PM

I got you bums beat, I get my jeans custom made, and free (well some of them at least, my wife has fashion designer friends in Colombia, where they make a lot of top-notch denim, sold in europe, nyc, etc.) News flash, good jeans cost more than 5 bucks to make unless labor and equipment is free.. Anyway, WTF! Who cares how much someone pays for clothes! I don't buy anything anymore that's not top shelf because I'm sick of throwing junk away! If I find a shirt that looks great I buy it, because it's really hard to find nice clothes that fit just right. Same with jeans, if you find a pair that looks great, is a hundred or two too much when they last a long time? All the same, I rarely have to to because I make smart acquisitions and my wife's a smart shopper.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.


1999-2014