Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PSN 13 For ’13 Sale (NOW LIVE!) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5811108-psn-13-for-13-sale-now-live)

bug42 01-21-2013 09:01 AM

PSN 13 For ’13 Sale (NOW LIVE!)

1 Attachment(s)
LittleBigPlanet Karting – Regular $39.99, Sale $19.99, PS Plus $10.00 (This is a crazy price)

The Unfinished Swan – Regular $14.99, Sale $7.49, PS Plus $3.75

Ratchet & Clank – Regular $14.99, Sale $7.49, PS Plus $3.75

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – Regular $7.99, Sale $3.99, PS Plus $2.00

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection – Regular $24.99, Sale $12.49, PS Plus $6.25

Warp – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

Shank 2 – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

NiGHTS into dreams… – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

Jet Set Radio – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut – Regular $19.99, Sale $9.99, PS Plus $5.00

Psychonauts – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 – Regular $39.99, Sale $19.99, PS Plus $10.00

Machinarium – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

Linky [playstation.com]

Discombobulated 01-21-2013 09:01 AM

Playstation Network Sale (PSN & PSN+): Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $4, Shank 2 $5, Psychonauts $5, Ratchet & Clank $7.50, Little Big Planet Karting $20 & Many More

2 Attachment(s)
Playstation Network (PSN & PSN+) is having their PSN's 13 For '13 Sale with many up to 50% off on selected titles listed below. Please sign in your PSN account with your PS3 to purchase the discounted games. Please refer to the forum thread for any additional details. Thanks bug42

Note, you must be a PSN+ Member to get the PSN+ discount, more info here

Notable titles
  • Little Big Planet Karting (PSN Price $19.99 / PSN+ Price $10)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PSN Price $7.49 / PSN+ Price $3.75)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PSN Price $7.49 / PSN+ Price $3.75)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PSN Price $3.99 / PSN+ Price $2)
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection (PSN Price $12.49 / PSN+ Price $6.25)
  • Warp (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)
  • Shank 2 (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)
  • NiGHTS Into Dreams… (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)
  • Jet Set Radio (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)
  • The House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut (PSN Price $9.99 / PSN+ Price $5)
  • Psychonauts (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (PSN Price $19.99 / PSN+ Price $10)
  • Machinarium (PSN Price $4.99 / PSN+ Price $2.50)

wikipost 01-21-2013 09:01 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

PSN 13 for '13 Sale is over -- DEAD

The new online Playstation Store is live! New Online Playstation Store [sonyentertainmentnetwork.com]

Just so everyone is clear - you get to KEEP any games that are purchased at a discounted price through your PS Plus membership. Official from Sony:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/20...-answered/

Quote:

Games & Special Offers: As a subscriber, .. free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics .. are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus.

.. PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts .. and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.
Sale 1/22/2013 ~1/28/2013

-------------------------------------------------

PS+ Trial Membership Activation: Problem with it not appearing to activate correctly
After entering 12-digit code and Credit Card info in the Playstation Store on the PS3 XMB. Exit the store and restart the PS3. When you log in your membership will be fully activated and a yellow + symbol will appear next to your avatar in the upper right of the screen. (This may or may not be how all PS+ memberships are supposed to activate but was the cause of problems for us non PLUS members who were using a trial code)

sefjwm 01-21-2013 09:03 AM

I'm getting Unfinished Swan for sure. Probably NiGHTS too.

butaneko 01-21-2013 09:11 AM

Wow great deals!

wizard7926 01-21-2013 09:17 AM

Damn, these are excellent. Love my PS+ sub, pays for itself time and again.

Best part is that if my sub ever ends, I still keep my discounted purchases like these..

djlink25 01-21-2013 09:17 AM

Great deals

marcos6 01-21-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 56998968)

Best part is that if my sub ever ends, I still keep my discounted purchases like these..

And you lose all the purchases that were "free". :(

Cravit8 01-21-2013 09:42 AM

Can you guys inform us now (or in the wiki) how purchasing games on PSN as a PSN PLUS subscriber works?

I had a trial subscription and everytime I went to get an item with the PLUS symbol on it, there was a disclaimer saying I could not play it if I discontinued PLUS. I just am not sure I follow how this works.
What if you lose internet service before PLUS subscription ends, does your PS3 disallow playing the game (this is an actual scenarior me)?

Even better, can you confirm if it works like this?
LBP Karting is $19.99 on PSN and you can play it whenever
LBP Karting at $10 for PSN PLUS has limited play-ability (doesn't work without PLUS subscription)?

wizard7926 01-21-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcos6 (Post 56999706)

Eh, they were never purchases, so they were never really yours. It spells it out clear as day when you "purchase" a free-for-PS+ item that it's not yours and you're licensing it until your sub ends.

Once you accept that, and come to terms with how the system works, it's fine. Heck, it's even a nudge to finish games faster, haha. :wink2:

Cravit8 01-21-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

How do you know you can keep the discounted purchases. Is there info online about the rules, cause I sure can't find it.

Or is only the "Free" to PSN PLUS stuff in lockdown after the PLUS account expires?

wizard7926 01-21-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 56999858)
Can you guys inform us now (or in the wiki) how purchasing games on PSN as a PSN PLUS subscriber works?

I had a trial subscription and everytime I went to get an item with the PLUS symbol on it, there was a disclaimer saying I could not play it if I discontinued PLUS. I just am not sure I follow how this works.
What if you lose internet service before PLUS subscription ends, does your PS3 disallow playing the game (this is an actual scenarior me)?

LBP Karting at $10 for PSN PLUS has limited play-ability (doesn't work without PLUS subscription)?

PURCHASING anything on the PSN store, with Plus membership or not, is YOURS to KEEP. Anything that has been discounted to FREE with membership, will no longer be yours.

If you buy any of these 13 games (as none of them are free), they are 100% yours to KEEP. :) No restrictions whatsoever.

jinrf 01-21-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

If you get it free, then you cannot keep playing it after your PSN expires.
If you bought it (even with a huge discount), then it's yours forever

wizard7926 01-21-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 56999944)
How do you know you can keep the discounted purchases. Is there info online about the rules, cause I sure can't find it.

Or is only the "Free" to PSN PLUS stuff in lockdown after the PLUS account expires?

^^ This. Anything purchased in the store, whether discounted or not, is always yours to keep.

mikeofarabia 01-21-2013 09:46 AM

I would be so angry if my paid games ceased to work, no matter how much discount I got.

shaosam 01-21-2013 09:46 AM

Patiently awaiting Okami HD to go on sale...

Cravit8 01-21-2013 09:52 AM

Thank you guys!

wizard7926 01-21-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

How do you know you can keep the discounted purchases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeofarabia (Post 57000018)
I would be so angry if my paid games ceased to work, no matter how much discount I got.

Added to the wiki official jargon from Sony confirming you keep your discounted purchases, with link.

GrandmasterBBC 01-21-2013 09:57 AM

So these deals are all download only?

Zarich 01-21-2013 09:57 AM

I love psn+. The free to play games are awesome. The nice thing is that even if you let your + lapse and decide a year later to renew it.. all those "FREE" games become fully accessible again. So I "purchase" all free titles even if I have no intention of downloading them.

robertdilbert 01-21-2013 09:57 AM

been waiting for my hot shots deal alert to work, thanks!

brian1rr 01-21-2013 10:00 AM

I'm trying to stop spending money on games but Sony just keeps hurting my wallet every month. I'm getting 4 of those

brian1rr 01-21-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Games that you get for free like Infamous 2 or Darksiders you can play when your a plus member. So if your trial expires and you bought them for 0.00 you will always have them link to your account but you can only play them when you have Plus. Games that you buy (no matter how cheap) will always be yours and you can play them no matter what.

dkollander 01-21-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarich (Post 57000414)
I love psn+. The free to play games are awesome. The nice thing is that even if you let your + lapse and decide a year later to renew it.. all those "FREE" games become fully accessible again. So I "purchase" all free titles even if I have no intention of downloading them.

Plus you get to backup your game saves to the cloud, so when your console dies or you spill your drinks on it, or drop it...you will be playing those games right where you left off.

I have seen ps3 disasters many times and Almost nobody backs up the console even though there is option to backup locally in the ps3 menu system.

Cravit8 01-21-2013 10:34 AM

Can anyone chime in on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13? I bought my Move with the intention of getting a golf game, but all the reviews are mixed for Tour 13 and the available courses.

If find the online PSN store so hard to navigate. At least, I can't find where one can purchase extra courses, only sponsor add-ons.

wizard7926 01-21-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 57001922)
Can anyone chime in on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13? I bought my Move with the intention of getting a golf game, but all the reviews are mixed for Tour 13 and the available courses.

If find the online PSN store so hard to navigate. At least, I can't find where one can purchase extra courses, only sponsor add-ons.

Can't you search for Tiger? I haven't played Tiger 13 except for the demo, so I can't speak much about it. For $10, I'll probably pick it up, though.

MonkeyTrucker 01-21-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

I would be angry in paying an annual fee to access my own Internet in order to play multi-player games.

I would be angry to pay an annual fee to access Netflix I already paid for.

Only Bozos would defend the "privilege" of paying for XBOX live.

And those recent "countdown deals" were laughable.

I own an XBOX...I'll never pay to play online.

Cravit8 01-21-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkollander (Post 57001512)
Plus you get to backup your game saves to the cloud, so when your console dies or you spill your drinks on it, or drop it...you will be playing those games right where you left off.

I have seen ps3 disasters many times and Almost nobody backs up the console even though there is option to backup locally in the ps3 menu system.

I "backed up" my PS3 phat onto a USB HDD per the instructions and sold it on craigslist 1 month before Black Friday so i could get a new slimmer one with some extras and profited $20. When I "restored" onto my new Black Friday super slim bundle, not a single frackin thing was there except personal videos and pictures.

I should have backed up the game saves to a thumb drive too, but who knew a full backup wouldn't include game saves? The instructions do not clearly state that.
That is definitely where being a PS PLUS member is good.

Cravit8 01-21-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyTrucker (Post 57002062)
I would be angry in paying an annual fee to access my own Internet in order to play multi-player games.

Agreed! I have an xbox also that I was suckered into getting because I wanted to play Battlefield 3 with my physical friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57002034)
Can't you search for Tiger?

I did just that and 11 search entries show and none of them are about courses.
From Amazon reviews, looks like lots of courses are locked and can only be unlcoked through 200+ hours of playtime or $50.

wizard7926 01-21-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 57002494)
I did just that and 11 search entries show and none of them are about courses.
From Amazon reviews, looks like lots of courses are locked and can only be unlcoked through 200+ hours of playtime or $50.

That's weak.. but typical for EA :ermm:

aaaaaaaa1 01-21-2013 12:03 PM

which ratchet and clank is this? is it the very 1st game from the hd collection? is it q-force (or whatever it is)?

seems like good deals, too bad i'm not interested in any of the games

mrredskin 01-21-2013 12:14 PM

Is there only one deal per day or are all on sale for X amount of time? Won't be able to access ps3 again til Friday

bug42 01-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 57005700)
Is there only one deal per day or are all on sale for X amount of time? Won't be able to access ps3 again til Friday

They will be on sale, Tuesday to Tuesday. (so a week)

brokeandfamous 01-21-2013 12:21 PM

damn definately seeing some purchases....i wonder if we buy jet set radio does that include the vita version as well? hmmm

sefjwm 01-21-2013 12:45 PM

Vita Jet Set is free with + isn't it? I do not believe it is cross buy so you'd have to buy both for this title.

boourns84 01-21-2013 01:00 PM

Hot shots golf is awesome, I remember winning a 50 person tournament back in the summer of 2008 when everyone played it online. I hope since it's so cheap, that at least more people will play it online. Definitely worth it guys, there's extra courses and characters included, every single one ever released, I remember paying probably $8 dollars for an extra course.

momomchine 01-21-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Anything you buy (even at a discount) will be yours to keep even if your PS+ subscription expires. Anything you get for free will not work if your PS+ subscription expires.

BlueandOrange 01-21-2013 01:40 PM

Any idea when it goes live tomorrow?

boourns84 01-21-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AidansDadnj (Post 57008536)
Any idea when it goes live tomorrow?

Probably 8 pm eastern time

gedean 01-21-2013 01:52 PM

thanks for the heads up OP!

ps+ is really paying off big time, some great deals! :)

Lurker600 01-21-2013 02:18 PM

Anyone know how to obtain a free ps+ trial?

Goodgame124 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

Which Ratchet and Clank is this? Is it the collection?

Solis 01-21-2013 03:03 PM

I'm kinda confused...are Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter the individual titles from the HD collections? Or is Ratchet & Clank a different game and they just forgot the subtitle? I wasn't even aware that those games were available separately from their HD collections. Would've rather had the collections on sale in that case, but pretty cheap anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 57002132)
I "backed up" my PS3 phat onto a USB HDD per the instructions and sold it on craigslist 1 month before Black Friday so i could get a new slimmer one with some extras and profited $20. When I "restored" onto my new Black Friday super slim bundle, not a single frackin thing was there except personal videos and pictures.

I should have backed up the game saves to a thumb drive too, but who knew a full backup wouldn't include game saves? The instructions do not clearly state that.

A full backup does include gamesaves, and it clearly states when you go through the backup process that copy-protected content can only be restored to the same system. You wouldn't have been able to transfer them through a USB thumb drive either.

goonx 01-21-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

why not just take out the hard drive lol

aznxenon 01-21-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonx (Post 57011526)

Have you tried this tho? IIRC if you pulled HDD out, when you plug it back into the PS3 it'll need a reformat. I backed up to a thumb drive when I upgraded

Pedantyc 01-21-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonx (Post 57011526)

The moment you pop a drive into the PS3, it reformats. Even if the drive came from that PS3 to begin with.

I have never backed up a thing, perhaps I should, can't think of anything I care to keep though. If I care enough, I would just replay the game I suppose.

tommy7154 01-21-2013 03:57 PM

Ah this is beautiful. I can already feel the next gen console wars heating up.

Kryspie 01-21-2013 03:58 PM

How much for a decent online and active social community where things like voice chat and cross game chat are the rule and not the exception?

:D

brian1rr 01-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker600 (Post 57009808)
Anyone know how to obtain a free ps+ trial?

Apply for the playstation credit card and you get 1 year of plus

blademaster 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

6%: Not a good product
Man, Sony sure did get lot of people mad. I remember the new CEO saying the new Sony will put smile on everyone's face.

Let's see.

anewdayrising79 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

How is that unreasonable?

BeerManMike 01-21-2013 04:18 PM

Finally going to use the 30 day code that came with the BF super slim bundle for Little Big Planet Karting, it is a great price.

mew0o 01-21-2013 04:30 PM

was hoping for okami discount :(

PinkyToe 01-21-2013 04:46 PM

Quick question: If i get a free psn game with my ps+ subscription and my subscription ends, if I renew my subscription to PS+, let's say like 1-2 years down the road, would I still be able to redownload those PS+ games that I associated with my account a long time ago?

When we all got PS+ for free when the PSN got hacked, we all got some PS+ games (not the free games that they were throwing out). I recently redeemed a month of PS+ via some code I had. And I believed that it did indeed allow me to redownload some old free stuff. I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
<3

flyingvee 01-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

They WON'T - so chill.

I'd be so angry if someone came and took my car. So?

Some good prices there - will get LBPK myself. Bummed that I paid money for the disk of Tiger Woods - but wth - it would have burned a lot of hdd space anyway. :look:

darkonex 01-21-2013 04:57 PM

Amazing deals, definitely getting a few games, I love PSN+!

T1NY 01-21-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedantyc (Post 57012746)
The moment you pop a drive into the PS3, it reformats. Even if the drive came from that PS3 to begin with.

Not at all...I popped out the original drive to put another ps3 drive in, that needed a format....then I popped back in the the original drive and it accepted it as is.

Lobbymonster 01-21-2013 05:06 PM

Rachet and Clank? Is this the PS2 original? Someone please inform me. Thanks!

HardlyPosts 01-21-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznxenon (Post 57012060)
Have you tried this tho? IIRC if you pulled HDD out, when you plug it back into the PS3 it'll need a reformat. I backed up to a thumb drive when I upgraded

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedantyc (Post 57012746)

I have never backed up a thing, perhaps I should, can't think of anything I care to keep though. If I care enough, I would just replay the game I suppose.

I think it won't reformat the HDD if it's already formatted for that specific PS3. That means you could have 2 or more different HDDs for one PS3. There's no reason to do that, but it's possible.

HardlyPosts 01-21-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobbymonster (Post 57014994)
Rachet and Clank? Is this the PS2 original? Someone please inform me. Thanks!

It's the original remastered in HD. It's also available as part of the Ratchet and Clank Collection. http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Cla...288&sr=8-1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhaggan (Post 57014358)
Quick question: If i get a free psn game with my ps+ subscription and my subscription ends, if I renew my subscription to PS+, let's say like 1-2 years down the road, would I still be able to redownload those PS+ games that I associated with my account a long time ago?

When we all got PS+ for free when the PSN got hacked, we all got some PS+ games (not the free games that they were throwing out). I recently redeemed a month of PS+ via some code I had. And I believed that it did indeed allow me to redownload some old free stuff. I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks in advance.
<3

You would be able to download them again.

skarydrunkguy 01-21-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhaggan (Post 57014358)

Thanks in advance.
<3

I only let mine lapse for ~3 months, but yeah, everything that got deactivated when my sub ran out got re-activated when I started a new sub on the same account.

joker999 01-21-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

As others have said, you keep anything you paid for while on PSN +. I can confirm this, I had PSN + last year and have plenty of games I bought at HUGE discounts, now actually the discounts are better so I'm looking to join again. But anyways, I still access my previous purchases, but I do also have piles of freebies I got (games you can still use the themes or avatars you got free from PSN +) that I can't play that I wouldn't mind playing again so I'll probably join.

PLUS the cloud saving is awesome, I loved the backup of all my game saves everynight whiel I was sleeping.

zoglog 01-21-2013 06:04 PM

I still find it silly they don't enable PSN games on the VITA... It really shouldn't be that difficult

NineT9 01-21-2013 06:12 PM

Does Sony still do that thing where if you buy a game you can re-download it on other consoles X amount of times? Thinking about getting LBP Karting for me and my nieces...

iirc you won't be able to play online at the same time, which is just fine

Thisguy68 01-21-2013 06:24 PM

Is it worth getting PSN+ for a year to get LBPK and Hot shots? More importantly, does the membership ever get discounted or does it remain at a $40 price point? Also, anyone know if the cloud backup remains accessible after the subscription runs out or is it structured similar to the accessibility of the free games? Thank you.

Bishop22 01-21-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NineT9 (Post 57017100)
Does Sony still do that thing where if you buy a game you can re-download it on other consoles X amount of times? Thinking about getting LBP Karting for me and my nieces...

iirc you won't be able to play online at the same time, which is just fine

Yes, and i believe it went from 5 ps3 down to 2 or 3

wjb3000 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

Wow, great deals, thanks OP.

Baddogdaddy 01-21-2013 06:52 PM

Hell, I'm going to grab a three month code off amazon. It will pay for itself.

hodayathink 01-21-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoglog (Post 57016816)
I still find it silly they don't enable PSN games on the VITA... It really shouldn't be that difficult

They are two entirely different systems with entirely different architectures (the Vita is basically an ARM cellphone and the PS3 is a POWERPC mini-computer).

zoglog 01-21-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hodayathink (Post 57018274)
They are two entirely different systems with entirely different architectures (the Vita is basically an ARM cellphone and the PS3 is a POWERPC mini-computer).

trust me, if they were smart they'd make it happen.

Baddogdaddy 01-21-2013 07:12 PM

Does playstation plus change the interface at all? I've had a playstation for a few months now and have only used it a handful of times. The ps3 has the same interface as a Sony blu ray player, while my 360 has a great dashboard interface. Ive tried to use the playstation store from the ps3 once but found it aggravating if having ps+ makes the interface useable I'm in.

Disclaimer; I'm almost 40 so I'm too old for the fan boy wars.

godwithanextrao 01-21-2013 07:21 PM

ive played games that were "free" after my plus subscription ended, so I dont think its like oh snap your sub is over, time to take your games away.

escoe 01-21-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoglog (Post 57018320)

i trust you bro

dealhunter85 01-21-2013 07:24 PM

I have tried to add three different credit cards to my wallet and every time it says to check the credit card information. What is wrong with Sony. The cards are fine. Everything entered is fine. Guess they don't want my money.

IamPro 01-21-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwithanextrao (Post 57018888)
ive played games that were "free" after my plus subscription ended, so I dont think its like oh snap your sub is over, time to take your games away.

If I had to guess, they might not work after an update.. not sure tho

biker1284 01-21-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealhunter85 (Post 57018966)
I have tried to add three different credit cards to my wallet and every time it says to check the credit card information. What is wrong with Sony. The cards are fine. Everything entered is fine. Guess they don't want my money.

This actually happens to me with certain cards. I've never been able to figure it out, always ended up trying different cards until one works.

butaneko 01-21-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealhunter85 (Post 57018966)

I remember having the same problem. Putting my apt number on the same line as the street address fixed it. Not sure if that would apply to you.

They have a help article for it too:
https://support.us.playstation.co...nformation

wizard7926 01-21-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryspie (Post 57012804)
How much for a decent online and active social community where things like voice chat and cross game chat are the rule and not the exception?

:D

Aw, poor widdle Xbot is sad and wants to play.

If you want to pay $50 per year to talk to your little friends, have at it. The rest of us talk to each other in real life like grownups and don't feel like paying money to access our Netflix, game multiplayer, or to have racist little toddlers yell obscenities in our headsets.

Thanks though! :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwithanextrao (Post 57018888)

That's exactly what it is.

A lot of the "free" games are actually the unlock key paired with the demo version. Once your sub is up, the unlocked features are now locked, but you are welcome to still play the demo version of the game.

Unless the game was free for everyone and not just PS+ members, in which case.. :bulb:

gedean 01-21-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoglog (Post 57016816)

Would gobble up these games quick if they were available on the vita, especially at these prices

HardlyPosts 01-21-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoglog (Post 57018320)

That's why they're doing cross-play and cross-buy games. It's safe to say that the PS4 will feature a lot of these types of games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddogdaddy (Post 57018664)
Does playstation plus change the interface at all? I've had a playstation for a few months now and have only used it a handful of times. The ps3 has the same interface as a Sony blu ray player, while my 360 has a great dashboard interface. Ive tried to use the playstation store from the ps3 once but found it aggravating if having ps+ makes the interface useable I'm in.

Disclaimer; I'm almost 40 so I'm too old for the fan boy wars.

You won't see any user interface changes. However, there was an update recently and people have said it's running smoother for them. It's definitely not as good as the Xbox 360's dashboard, but it works well enough. They should've stuck to the old store and made all necessary changes to it, instead of giving us this less professional looking version.

Anyways, it shouldn't take you long to find what you want if you're mainly looking for PS+ discounts and "free" games. There's a section just for it. Start up the store and go to Games, then Playstation Plus to see what's available.

Forgot to mention, there's supposed to be a web version of the PS Store launching some time this month for North America. It'll look something like this: https://store.sonyentertainmentne...m/#!/en-gb
Right now it's only available in Europe.

Baddogdaddy 01-21-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardlyPosts (Post 57020778)
That's why they're doing cross-play and cross-buy games. It's safe to say that the PS4 will feature a lot of these types of games.

You won't see any user interface changes. However, there was an update recently and people have said it's running smoother for them. It's definitely not as good as the Xbox 360's dashboard, but it works well enough. They should've stuck to the old store and made all necessary changes to it, instead of giving us this less professional looking version.

Anyways, it shouldn't take you long to find what you want if you're mainly looking for PS+ discounts and "free" games. There's a section just for it. Start up the store and go to Games, then Playstation Plus to see what's available.

Forgot to mention, there's supposed to be a web version of the PS Store launching some time this month for North America. It'll look something like this: https://store.sonyentertainmentne...m/#!/en-gb
Right now it's only available in Europe.

That's a solid answer, thanks! I thought I was going to start one of those ps3 vs 360 battles. This is the first I've heard about a web based ps store. That should eliminate the headache doing it from the ps3. I just fired up my ps3 and updated it, it actually does seem smoother.

I guess its worth Grabing a three month code and see what happens in the upcoming months.

marcatwork 01-22-2013 12:50 AM

In for LittleBigPlanet Karting... now have to find something to delete to make room.

PRican25 01-22-2013 03:10 AM

Is this in effect now? Just checked on my ps3 but see nothing on this deal on the store ( east coast).

imp3r10 01-22-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

if you buy it while it is free for PSN+ you lose it when your plus runs out, but if you buy it discounted with PSN+ you keep it forever.

ALSO, is anyone else not seeing these deals yet?

SweetStation 01-22-2013 03:19 AM

It didn't start at midnight because that would be a good idea and we all know how Sony hates good ideas. It will start later today. Usually when they update the PlayStation Store every Tuesday afternoon (or Tues evening if they are having issues getting the content up). Maybe earlier if we're lucky but I doubt it.

RainFall 01-22-2013 03:20 AM

Still not live as of 3am PST

imp3r10 01-22-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

backups dont transfer between different consoles due to hardware keys on the backup

Reneev2.0 01-22-2013 04:09 AM

LBP Kart only 10?!?! SWEET.

REPPED! Thanks!

BrokenVisage 01-22-2013 04:18 AM

Erm.. still not live for me, 7:17am EST, Unfinished Swan is still $15. Come on Sony! I wanted to get this in before work!

raven70 01-22-2013 04:27 AM

Bummed I missed this for the Kart game as I purchased at Best Buy for $19.

MAK1981 01-22-2013 04:40 AM

For anyone that cares, the Jak & Dexter HD PS3 game is $15 on Amazon. :)

jaykavathe 01-22-2013 04:48 AM

Are there any :-
- 2 player coop games here (Something like Hard Corps/Double Dragon) ?
- Any 4 player party games (Something like Tank Battles)?

themaniac27 01-22-2013 05:08 AM

Quick question is Nights a HD release or a Saturn Port?

jack612 01-22-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaniac27 (Post 57026390)
Quick question is Nights a HD release or a Saturn Port?

It's an HD remake.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykavathe (Post 57026126)
Are there any :-
- 2 player coop games here (Something like Hard Corps/Double Dragon) ?
- Any 4 player party games (Something like Tank Battles)?

4-player party games (nothing quite like Tank Battles, but):
- LBP Karting. Kinda like Mario Kart, but with a LBP twist. Would definitely be fun for four.
- Hot Shots Golf. Not a sim like Tiger - this is a very arcade-style game with lots of fun ways to compete against one another.

2-player coop (again, not quite like HC/DD, I don't know if anything up there is a 2D sidescroller):
- House of the Dead. Lots of arcade-style fun, and good with two people. 3D rail shooter, VERY fun with the Move attachment.
- Shank 2. Haven't played, but looks like it might be the sidescroll style you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

Also, I know it's not on sale, but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is an excellent 2D sidescroller, loosely akin to HC/DD with good gameply.

BlueandOrange 01-22-2013 05:23 AM

How's the online community in Hot Shots Golf? Does it still exist? I had lots of fun in the PS2 days with that one.

I rarely use my ps3 for gaming, but since I saw this I added $50 to my psn wallet.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 05:24 AM

BTW, PlayStation store updates usually happen in the afternoon/evening EST.

fanatik 01-22-2013 05:25 AM

sony store updates don't update until 4-6 pm ct.

shandy706 01-22-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1rr (Post 57000512)
I'm trying to stop spending money on games but Sony just keeps hurting my wallet every month. I'm getting 4 of those

Hope you don't have steam too! :lol:

I'm 300+ games in on Steam/Origin/GF/GoG/GMG

My backlog is ridiculous.

Any Vita games part of this sale?

wizard7926 01-22-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandy706 (Post 57026884)
Any Vita games part of this sale?

It doesn't seem like it, sadly. I was hoping :|

Well, except for Foosball 2012, which is now free for PS3 and Vita for Plus members.

kefe 01-22-2013 06:02 AM

I tried adding funds by Paypal through Sony Network on FF and Chrome but it doesn't seem to work for me. I selected paypal and added funds to wallet and confirmed. Got a prompt saying something about directing me partner pay site (paypal) but it doesn't show up. I'm in the US. Is it working for everyone else?

papatoony 01-22-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 57001922)
If find the online PSN store so hard to navigate. .

THIS. I just went to their website to try and find the user reviews for some of these games...can't find them anywhere! What a c!usterfark! Terrible. Now I'm going to have to look them all up online, individually. Thanks Sony!

BlueandOrange 01-22-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kefe (Post 57027210)
I tried adding funds by Paypal through Sony Network on FF and Chrome but it doesn't seem to work for me. I selected paypal and added funds to wallet and confirmed. Got a prompt saying something about directing me partner pay site (paypal) but it doesn't show up. I'm in the US. Is it working for everyone else?

I found it easier to buy an online code through amazon and then add it on Sonys website.

Hiram7 01-22-2013 06:30 AM

AMAZING Deals!!! :woot:

This more that compensates for the day or so of PSN updating....!! :nod:

shandy706 01-22-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kefe (Post 57027210)

WAIT?!

You can do this now?? I hate buying $20 instant codes when I only need $10....or $5.

usernumber2 01-22-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Yeah what a concept, a company takes something away that you didn't pay for, while originally letting you enjoy the whole game.:shake:

nicholalex 01-22-2013 06:59 AM

I purchased LBP karting (not through this deal) to use it with the move controller only to discover that you HAVE to have the peripheral karting wheel in order to use move functions, so that's like another $80 bucks (for two controllers). Just FYI.

Broncowolf 01-22-2013 07:00 AM

Can these be purchased from the PC or do they have to be purchased from the console? These prices don't seem to be live yet, at least for me. Hopefully it's just because the prices haven't been updated yet on my console.

soccerref 01-22-2013 07:08 AM

Do they limit the quantities of these titles they sell? I am stuck at work right now and will not be able to purchase these until I get home ...

thikthird 01-22-2013 07:11 AM

nice. i'm renewing my psn+ this weekend, and getting nights into dreams, unfinised swan, machinarium, and maybe jet set radio. sigh, if only i was able to get some ps network cards at that mastercard deal at best buy yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerref (Post 57028662)
Do they limit the quantities of these titles they sell? I am stuck at work right now and will not be able to purchase these until I get home ...

no, they'll be on sale all week. i've never seen them take something down off sale early before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncowolf (Post 57028430)
Can these be purchased from the PC or do they have to be purchased from the console? These prices don't seem to be live yet, at least for me. Hopefully it's just because the prices haven't been updated yet on my console.

update usually comes late afternoon tuesday. like 5-6 est.

thikthird 01-22-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarydrunkguy (Post 57015988)
I only let mine lapse for ~3 months, but yeah, everything that got deactivated when my sub ran out got re-activated when I started a new sub on the same account.

this happened for me as well, but it was more like 5 months. there may be some limit, but it's longer than 5 months.

papatoony 01-22-2013 07:18 AM

How many games can fit onto a 160gb hard drive, approximately? I don't even know how to check how full my PS3 is.

Broncowolf 01-22-2013 07:21 AM

So, you need a $40+ racing wheel to play LBP Karting? Would the generic wheel work? Thx

tasneem93 01-22-2013 07:21 AM

Novice here...question to the experts...does "Little Big Planet - Karting" game need the motion controller to play or normal PS3 controllers are good enough? Thanks in advance.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thikthird (Post 57028814)
this happened for me as well, but it was more like 5 months. there may be some limit, but it's longer than 5 months.

There is no "limit." It's whenever you reactivate your sub, they've stressed this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57028870)
How many games can fit onto a 160gb hard drive, approximately? I don't even know how to check how full my PS3 is.

Well, games top out at around 10GB for full PS3 game ports, but are usually 3GB or less, and in the case of many of these smaller titles, under 500MB. It's impossible to give you a number, haha. It's like saying, "how many books can I fit on this bookshelf?" :lol:

wizard7926 01-22-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasneem93 (Post 57028956)
Novice here...question to the experts...does "Little Big Planet - Karting" game need the motion controller to play or normal PS3 controllers are good enough? Thanks in advance.

You only need the regular PS3 controller.

gaandushikari 01-22-2013 07:36 AM

Another novice here. Are there any games in here which can be played with the PS3 Move. There is another deal today on the PS3 Move bundle with Wonderbook and I might get that ! Thanks.

Acts7 01-22-2013 07:37 AM

I highly recommend AGAINST Little Big Planet Karting.
It LOOKS fun. But it awash in boredom.
There is little customization to the vehicles and those do nothing to affect performance.
Its a 90% rip of Mod Nation Racers.
There is little "big planet" in this game at all.
Sure you can draw a track and place a few trees.
But in the end, everything looks very much the same.
My children were so excited for this to come out.
We played it on Christmas afternoon. Tried it once again a few days later and everyone agreed: its just boring.

nicholalex 01-22-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncowolf (Post 57028954)
So, you need a $40+ racing wheel to play LBP Karting? Would the generic wheel work? Thx

You can use the regular controller just fine, but to use the MOVE, I think that you have to have the special move wheel.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaandushikari (Post 57029372)
Another novice here. Are there any games in here which can be played with the PS3 Move. There is another deal today on the PS3 Move bundle with Wonderbook and I might get that ! Thanks.

These four I know are Move compatible, there may be more:

LBP Karting
Tiger Woods 13
House of the Dead
The Unfinished Swan

wizard7926 01-22-2013 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncowolf (Post 57028954)

The Move wheel is very different from generic wheels - it has full controls on either handle.

Pic:

Attachment 1740336

jwhyrock 01-22-2013 07:55 AM

I literally purchased Hot Shots two days ago for $20.... on PSN which was the Plus discounted price. =(

nico07 01-22-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyTrucker (Post 57002062)

And those recent "countdown deals" were laughable.

I own an XBOX...I'll never pay to play online.

Amen to that brother. I have a 360 and had a two month subscription for $2 this summer and didn't use it once. I play Netflix on my PS3, and online multiplayer is fun across the PS3, Wii, WiiU, PC, and 3DS that I own. In the past I had Xbox Live to access the online storefront, but now that is free so I don't see the need to pay. I did sign up for PS Plus for one year this month because of the free and discounted games incentive. It just seems like a better value to me. I wish Nintendo would follow suit with the Wii U, but time will tell. I'm stereotyping here but it seems the only incentive to have Xbox Live is to play COD against 13 year old foul mouthed little boys. Just not something I really want.

gaandushikari 01-22-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57029642)
These four I know are Move compatible, there may be more:

LBP Karting
Tiger Woods 13
House of the Dead
The Unfinished Swan

Thanks. I might get the LBP Karting since it seems to be a good deal.

ebolaboi 01-22-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sefjwm (Post 57006728)
Vita Jet Set is free with + isn't it? I do not believe it is cross buy so you'd have to buy both for this title.

It was free for The Vita.

papatoony 01-22-2013 08:40 AM

Ok I'm getting hella pissed off...I have a voucher for 1-month free PSN which I'm trying to activate now in order to buy some of these games. But NOOOOO, the farking thing keeps FREEZING after I enter all my farking credit card info (which is farking tedious as FARK). Now I'm pissed. It's ridiculous enough that they even need my farking credit card to begin with for a "free" month, now it's gonna cockblock the entire process? FARK THIS!

wizard7926 01-22-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57031262)
Ok I'm getting hella pissed off...I have a voucher for 1-month free PSN which I'm trying to activate now in order to buy some of these games. But NOOOOO, the farking thing keeps FREEZING after I enter all my farking credit card info (which is farking tedious as FARK). Now I'm pissed. It's ridiculous enough that they even need my farking credit card to begin with for a "free" month, now it's gonna cockblock the entire process? FARK THIS!

They need your card so that they have something on file for discounted items like these.

HarleyGuy 01-22-2013 09:02 AM

So I am a PS+ member but everytime I place one of the reduced games in my cart it still shows full price - what am I doing wrong?

GreggyJ 01-22-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyGuy (Post 57032054)
So I am a PS+ member but everytime I place one of the reduced games in my cart it still shows full price - what am I doing wrong?

The sale isn't live yet. That's what's wrong.

papatoony 01-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57031962)
They need your card so that they have something on file for discounted items like these.

I've already got money in my walled from a PSN card though. They're just hoping I'll forget to cancel at the end of my free month and they'll snag my CC for more $$. Not happening. Gotta love the auto-renew scam/business model.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57032102)
I've already got money in my walled from a PSN card though. They're just hoping I'll forget to cancel at the end of my free month and they'll snag my CC for more $$. Not happening. Gotta love the auto-renew scam/business model.

Actually, I'm almost positive that they do not auto-renew on you. I'm trying to recall when I had my free month (I've since upped for three years), but when my first paid year ran out, they did not auto-renew either.

darksiderising 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

I'm not really sure how overtly advertised "subscription" services can be called scams. You signed up for the FREE trial. You've reaped the benefits of it. If you fail to cancel (you can do this any time), then I fail to see how Sony is scamming you.

HarleyGuy 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreggyJ (Post 57032088)
The sale isn't live yet. That's what's wrong.

When does the sale go live? I thought it was live today...

ikcizokm 01-22-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Try calling them. I do not have a CC on file with Sony -- I refuse to use CC's with them after the whole PSN hack thing. Since then I've always used PSN cards and I've never once had to enter in a CC to be able to add a PSN card or any voucher. Might be different for the free trial you're describing, but it's worth a shot.

The other (probably faster) thing you can do is log in to your Sony Entertainment Network [sonyentertainmentnetwork.com] (should be same login as PSN) on the web site, go to Account, and click Redeem Pre-Paid Card. This will take you to a screen that lets you key in any PS3 voucher code.

raven70 01-22-2013 09:24 AM

When does this start? The website is up, but PS3 everthying regular price.

Nerrap 01-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

This is why I have never used one of the free PS+ codes to get the service. I don't want a credit card on file and they require one to use them. The service is great for me but all renewals and purchases I do through PSN cards. I believe they just added Paypal as a valid payment method as well but apparently not for the free codes?

jaykavathe 01-22-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57026606)
4-player party games (nothing quite like Tank Battles, but):
- LBP Karting. Kinda like Mario Kart, but with a LBP twist. Would definitely be fun for four.
- Hot Shots Golf. Not a sim like Tiger - this is a very arcade-style game with lots of fun ways to compete against one another.

2-player coop (again, not quite like HC/DD, I don't know if anything up there is a 2D sidescroller):
- House of the Dead. Lots of arcade-style fun, and good with two people. 3D rail shooter, VERY fun with the Move attachment.
- Shank 2. Haven't played, but looks like it might be the sidescroll style you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

Also, I know it's not on sale, but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is an excellent 2D sidescroller, loosely akin to HC/DD with good gameply.

Hey dude, thanks a lot. Thats kind of answer I was looking for. I guess I will pull the plug on LBP Carting/HotD and Shank2. Also gonna check out scott pilgrim.

OT, I felt bad missing Hard corps last year on sale and then almost forgot. Wish they had it on sale again. Even DD is on the store now, just expensive.

nico07 01-22-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

The credit card information is kept on file should you want to continue past the free month. I believe it is under the Playstation PSN Shop settings that you can disable auto subscriptions from charging your account or enable them. It might be accessible from within the Shop too.

Another payment option is to pickup a prepaid PSN card for $50, $20 or maybe even $10 from your local game store or Walmart. I wasn't charged tax for either the card or the subscription so my $50 card left a few cents on my account. Games and DLC purchases are subject to being taxed based on your state, so be sure to purchase a card to cover the whole amount.

nico07 01-22-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57026606)

House of the Dead Overkill is a fun game, but unlike others in the series it contains A LOT of cursing. Don't pick this title unless your ears can stand the bleeding.

Per Wikipedia [wikipedia.org] - "It was recently confirmed by Dread Central the game is set to receive a Guinness World Record for being the most profane video game in history."

I'm fairly certain there were about 50 uses of the word f#$k in the first cut-scene.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico07 (Post 57033446)
House of the Dead Overkill is a fun game, but unlike others in the series it contains A LOT of cursing. Don't pick this title unless your ears can stand the bleeding.

Per Wikipedia [wikipedia.org] - "It was recently confirmed by Dread Central the game is set to receive a Guinness World Record for being the most profane video game in history."

I'm fairly certain there were about 50 uses of the word f#$k in the first cut-scene.

Whoa, really? Never knew that.. it doesn't bother me one bit, but good to know what I have to look forward to :nod:

How long is the gameplay? HOD3 was like 10-15 minutes haha.

dkeat 01-22-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico07 (Post 57033446)

There's a setting you can turn on called, “Shoot the Sh*t” mode, in which during cut scenes you’re required to actively censor your game by shooting the curse words in the captioned dialogue. That could help eliminate some of it :nod:

jabberwockgee 01-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandy706 (Post 57028268)
WAIT?!

You can do this now?? I hate buying $20 instant codes when I only need $10....or $5.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/20...psn-users/

jabberwockgee 01-22-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Rage against the machine, dude.

This is quite possibly the best place ever to vent your frustration as everyone on slickdeals has the power to fix your problem.

Rammstein 01-22-2013 10:20 AM

Any idea at what time is the sale going live?

Mike C 01-22-2013 10:21 AM

Other than foosball (really?), not much love for Vita, really not much love for Vita period. The hardware is awesome(LOVE IT), but I am regretting getting one given the lack of good software or love from + (compared to PS anyway). I don't get it, such an awesome hand held, and so underutilized! My daughter has this and a Kindle HD+ (the 8.9" one), and the Kindle gets more play from her simply because the software stinks, and she keeps asking when it will be better because she loves the Vita, I wish I could answer. What she (and I :D) really want is a 360 JUST like the Vita with all of the 360 games (COD, Bioshock, HALO, etc.), I would JUMP on that, but no on that too. Same thing with the Wii U... new consoles seem to be flopping lately :(. Probably because of iPods ad tabs competing with the handhelds I guess...

Great post, but nothing for me to buy since no PS other than the Vita :(.

dfkjhasdlkjfhloiu 01-22-2013 10:23 AM

Can't vouch for most of the games on the list (not planning to buy any of them) but I did get the unfinished swan and can confirm it's a great game. Unique, and not for all players (if you describe games as "art" with a sneer, this one ain't for you), but if you appreciate innovative games and developers, this one is an easy choice. My only complaint would be the length of the game--5 hours or so, but that's pretty minor, and I only say that because I'd have liked to play more!

wizard7926 01-22-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 57034474)
not much love for Vita.. from +

Are you serious? PS gave away their flagship title, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, for absolute free to PS+ members. Then, they gave away arguably their second AAA title in Gravity Rush. Then WipEout 2048. Then a slew of other games that they didn't have to give. Probably $150 worth of titles so far.

Yes, there aren't many great Vita games yet, but to say that PS+ hasn't shown Vita love? That's just plain wrong.

Mike C 01-22-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57034788)
Are you serious? PS gave away their flagship title, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, for absolute free to PS+ members. Then, they gave away arguably their second AAA title in Gravity Rush. Then WipEout 2048. Then a slew of other games that they didn't have to give. Probably $150 worth of titles so far.

Yes, there aren't many great Vita games yet, but to say that PS+ hasn't shown Vita love? That's just plain wrong.

Compared to our DSi's, they haven't come out with that many. I know they are different hardware platforms, but man, there are A LOT of sweet titles that are missing from the Vita, I can't imagine it would be that hard to recompile/port more to the Vita like Nintendo did with the DS. That's why I think it is relatively under-utilized, spoiled with the DS (and then the 3D DS that we got this last year, TONS of great games, my worst issue was picking in budget :D). It isn't the discounts I am talking about, I am grateful for what they have done, I am just saying that for example this sale has "0" for the Vita (at least all of the ones I was interested in). Don't get that lovin' feeling from that, know what I mean?

nico07 01-22-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkeat (Post 57033990)
There's a setting you can turn on called, “Shoot the Sh*t” mode, in which during cut scenes you’re required to actively censor your game by shooting the curse words in the captioned dialogue. That could help eliminate some of it :nod:

Wasn't aware of this. I originally played it on the Wii and thought some parents buying games for their kids would like to know. I'm usually not easily offended, but the developers went out of there way with the gratuitous use (189 to be exact) use of profanity in the game.

BrownThunder 01-22-2013 11:01 AM

THE SALE WILL GO LIVE WHEN THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK UPDATES LATER THIS AFTERNOON, NORMALLY BETWEEN 4-6pm Central Time. Good grief people.

nico07 01-22-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 57035200)
Compared to our DSi's, they haven't come out with that many. I know they are different hardware platforms, but man, there are A LOT of sweet titles that are missing from the Vita, I can't imagine it would be that hard to recompile/port more to the Vita like Nintendo did with the DS. That's why I think it is relatively under-utilized, spoiled with the DS (and then the 3D DS that we got this last year, TONS of great games, my worst issue was picking in budget :D). It isn't the discounts I am talking about, I am grateful for what they have done, I am just saying that for example this sale has "0" for the Vita (at least all of the ones I was interested in). Don't get that lovin' feeling from that, know what I mean?

I agree with you. Vita didn't get any love until late November and since has only seen about four PSN titles for free (Uncharted, Chronovolt, Retro, and Wipeout). Time will tell, but the lack of games for Vita could have something to do with them not giving everything away.

nekrawulf 01-22-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykavathe (Post 57033168)
Hey dude, thanks a lot. Thats kind of answer I was looking for. I guess I will pull the plug on LBP Carting/HotD and Shank2. Also gonna check out scott pilgrim.

OT, I felt bad missing Hard corps last year on sale and then almost forgot. Wish they had it on sale again. Even DD is on the store now, just expensive.

I have had a PS+ subscription since the PSN server came back online after the hack. Both of the games you mentioned were "free" at some point since then.

PS+ is one of the best reasons to own a PS3. ESP someone like me who has 3 boys, and a girl... Who all game.

papatoony 01-22-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksiderising (Post 57032450)
I'm not really sure how overtly advertised "subscription" services can be called scams. You signed up for the FREE trial. You've reaped the benefits of it. If you fail to cancel (you can do this any time), then I fail to see how Sony is scamming you.

FREE should not include a credit card in the hopes of milking you for more money when/if you forget to cancel! If I wanted to continue with a paid membership after my free month is over with, then I'd enter my credit card info at THAT time. They're doing me no favors! It's a shady business practice.

jabberwockgee 01-22-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57028870)

Settings -> system settings -> system information

Lists software version, ip address, mac address, and free space (in xx GB free of xx GB form).

BrokenVisage 01-22-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownThunder (Post 57035796)
THE SALE WILL GO LIVE WHEN THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK UPDATES LATER THIS AFTERNOON, NORMALLY BETWEEN 4-6pm Central Time. Good grief people.

Kind of funny that they wait so long to update their servers. I mean by 6PM CST it's already basically THE NEXT DAY in GMT, which much of the business world sets its watch too.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Wow, I just.. wow.

Look, I don't want to belittle anyone on the internet, but you have to realize just how much difference there is between those two machines. It's unworldly how much more power the Vita has than the DSi, let alone the 3DS.

Vita: Quad-core processor, 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz proc speed, quad-core graphics processor, 33 million polygons per second, 960x540 resolution
3DS: Dual-core processor, 128 MB RAM, 256 MHz proc speed, single-core graphics processor, 16 million polygons per second, 400x240 resolution (per eye)
DSi: 2 Single-core processors, 16 (!!) MB RAM, 133 MHz proc speed, 256x192 resolution

.. not to mention the DSi came out over four years ago, to the Vita's one. Give the Vita four years and it will blow the DSi catalog out of the water! :nod:

nekrawulf 01-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 57034474)
Other than foosball (really?), not much love for Vita, really not much love for Vita period. The hardware is awesome(LOVE IT), but I am regretting getting one given the lack of good software or love from + (compared to PS anyway). I don't get it, such an awesome hand held, and so underutilized! My daughter has this and a Kindle HD+ (the 8.9" one), and the Kindle gets more play from her simply because the software stinks, and she keeps asking when it will be better because she loves the Vita, I wish I could answer. What she (and I :D) really want is a 360 JUST like the Vita with all of the 360 games (COD, Bioshock, HALO, etc.), I would JUMP on that, but no on that too. Same thing with the Wii U... new consoles seem to be flopping lately :(. Probably because of iPods ad tabs competing with the handhelds I guess...

Great post, but nothing for me to buy since no PS other than the Vita :(.

Every new system nowadays is super slow to garner software and developer support. I will be getting a Vita in the future, primarily because I already have software purchased due to cross buy and PS+ promos.

Honestly, the thing holding me back is the proprietary memory price.

tasneem93 01-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard7926 (Post 57029094)
You only need the regular PS3 controller.

Thanks bud. I am buying so that I can play with my 5 yrs old daughter :-)

jabberwockgee 01-22-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57036240)
FREE should not include a credit card in the hopes of milking you for more money when/if you forget to cancel! If I wanted to continue with a paid membership after my free month is over with, then I'd enter my credit card info at THAT time. They're doing me no favors! It's a shady business practice.

Most companies ask for your credit card when you sign up for a free trial and it's up to you to cancel before it expires. Sony is nicer than most in that you can cancel at any time and the free trial will continue for the full month instead of the trial stopping as soon as you cancel.

Jesus, cool your jets.

Kolto 01-22-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

what games do you play on the DSi/3DS?
im trying to figure out what these amazing 3DS titles are, and why i don't have them...

MOTO2000 01-22-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

I dont know if you own a smart phone or tablet, but to download apps on either iOS or Android, you also need a credit card on file...

Baguda 01-22-2013 12:04 PM

I already have several of these games on disc so I'll only get a few. I agree that House of the Dead Overkill is fun with the Move, except it drifts over time no matter how much I calibrate it. It'll be fine for a while and after 10-15 minutes in order to aim at the center of the screen I'll have to have the sharp shooter at a 45 degree angle pointing somewhere else. I've posted about it and never got a response, so I assume there's something about my setup. I gave up on that game.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 has the same issue. Dead Space Extraction drifted but much more slowly. That's the only thing I don't like about the Move, but it's pretty significant.

ajax_d 01-22-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTO2000 (Post 57037084)
I dont know if you own a smart phone or tablet, but to download apps on either iOS or Android, you also need a credit card on file...

No you don't. I never gave any CC info to Apple or Google. For free apps no billing info is required, for paid you can use prepaid cards with no CC.

BTW, if you can't register with PSN without CC info then just remove it when you are done. Or just use any expired CC (set the expiration date to the future). Billing address is only used for tax calculation (you can enter anything in New Hampshire for no tax).

neohemp 01-22-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

(Edited)

I mean, do you really think it's shady? They refund you if you forget... how is that milking you for more money???

CoBrA2168 01-22-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax_d (Post 57037844)
No you don't. I never gave any CC info to Apple or Google. For free apps no billing info is required, for paid you can use prepaid cards with no CC.

BTW, if you can't register with PSN without CC info then just remove it when you are done. Or just use any expired CC (set the expiration date to the future). Billing address is only used for tax calculation (you can enter anything in New Hampshire for no tax).

Apple definitely requires a credit card to even download free apps.

papatoony 01-22-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neohemp (Post 57037884)
(Edited)

I mean, do you really think it's shady? They refund you if you forget... how is that milking you for more money???

No they don't!

MentatYP 01-22-2013 12:16 PM

Thanks, OP. Time to use that free 30-day Plus trial to pick up a few games on the cheap!

papatoony 01-22-2013 12:17 PM

nevermind.

neohemp 01-22-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57038068)
No they don't!

Yes they do.

But seriously you can't set a reminder? Put it on the calendar? Take some responsibility. You probably call companies when you forget to pay your bills and say it's their fault :P

papatoony 01-22-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neohemp (Post 57038294)
Yes they do.

But seriously you can't set a reminder? Put it on the calendar? Take some responsibility. You probably call companies when you forget to pay your bills and say it's their fault :P

I don't forget to pay my bills, farktard. And I do set reminders, thank you for your concern. None of this was even the point of my original post, but I'm glad it's devolved into this.

darksiderising 01-22-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah and I guess every other online subscription/services website that has offered a free trial has been shady, too. Netflix, Hulu Plus, Gamefly etc... You sign up knowing what you're getting into. They specifically tell you everything you need to know. If you fark up, take some responsibility and quit blaming someone else. What WOULD be shady is if they didn't tell you right out that they will continue your membership past the free trial and start charging you. Telling you outright is what makes it absolutely not shady. No hidden fees/gimmicks to speak of.

neohemp 01-22-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57038446)
I don't forget to pay my bills, farktard. And I do set reminders, thank you for your concern. None of this was even the point of my original post, but I'm glad it's devolved into this.

Yeah I think you're in the minority here bud. If you don't forget to pay your bills then why would you forget to cancel it? The post I quoted you in was complaining about it. There was nothing "devolving". You complained about it, and got responses.

papatoony 01-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neohemp (Post 57038624)
Yeah I think you're in the minority here bud. If you don't forget to pay your bills then why would you forget to cancel it? The post I quoted you in was complaining about it. There was nothing "devolving". You complained about it, and got responses.

I'm beyond over this.

BoomSchtick 01-22-2013 12:51 PM

Can't get to the PSN with CFW or I'd consider some of these...

darksiderising 01-22-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57039272)
I'm beyond over this.

This feeling often occurs when you're wrong.

TheLoCoRaven 01-22-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57038068)
No they don't!

You know you can go into your account settings and cancel right away and still have the trial right? That's what I do anytime I can get a free month of PS+ and Amazon Prime. I have one more 30-day pass for PS+ then I plan on subscribing. I just consider it part of the process of starting the trial.

Cravit8 01-22-2013 01:24 PM

Restart PS3 to enable PLUS membership

Quote:

DUDE!, I just had that happen too. I was pretty confused, but I tried to swallow my angst and give it a minute. After I entered my CC info, a blank dialogue box came up with a blank button box, which I thought was really weird. I clicked the blank box and it looked like my PLUS trial never activated and that I would need to redo it all.

AFTER you restart and login, look in the upper right of main XMB, you'll see a PLUS symbol next to your avatar and then you can go back to the store.

:woot:

Mike C 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPT (Post 57036952)
what games do you play on the DSi/3DS?
im trying to figure out what these amazing 3DS titles are, and why i don't have them...

Other than SF, COD, and a bunch of pet ones, I will have to get the list once daughter gets home from school. Kinda taking the thread off topic (my fault), I should have been brief to say if you are looking for ONLY the Vita, I didn't see any that apply other than the new free one. Funny thing though, I have always been a PC or x-box guy, but mainly + (and some of the awesome exclusive to PS games, not to mention it is a BR player) are making me want a PS. Posts like this about what + gives along with what I already know are free convinced me to create a deal alert for a slim bundle :D. MS needs to make Gold like "+", their membership would most likely blow up I think.

Cravit8 01-22-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acts7 (Post 57029388)
I highly recommend AGAINST Little Big Planet Karting.
It LOOKS fun. But it awash in boredom.
There is little customization to the vehicles and those do nothing to affect performance.
Its a 90% rip of Mod Nation Racers.
There is little "big planet" in this game at all.
Sure you can draw a track and place a few trees.
But in the end, everything looks very much the same.
My children were so excited for this to come out.
We played it on Christmas afternoon. Tried it once again a few days later and everyone agreed: its just boring.

The more and more I read about LBP Karting the less I want to get it, but I remind myself that $10 may be worth it and glad I didn't pay even the $25 it was on BF through Cyber Monday. Maybe my let down is because I had extremely high hopes for this as my small kids' fine motor skills are getting good enough to use a remote.

FYI about split-screen and MOVE controllers in LBP Karting: (Maybe this should be in Wiki)

Split-screen:
Apparently, everyone says it's a clusterfrak. 3 & 4 player is only possible on certain maps but there is no designated menu for those maps. 1 & 2 player is also limited to certain maps within the story mode and you must wait for a pop-up in game of any particular level to tell you this. It is NOT Mario Kart or Mod Racer organized.

Move controllers:
All Moves must be in the Playstation Move Racing Wheel. Most SDers will find it rather expensive, especially considering that AFAIK, if a Move is used for split-screen, every player must have a Move...in a Move Racing Wheel.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the last part

papatoony 01-22-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksiderising (Post 57039918)
This feeling often occurs when you're wrong.

I'm sorry--what am I wrong about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravit8 (Post 57040404)
DUDE!, I just had that happen too. I was pretty confused, but I tried to swallow my angst and give it a minute. After I entered my CC info, a blank dialogue box came up with a blank button box, which I thought was really weird. I clicked the blank box and it looked like my PLUS trial never activated and that I would need to redo it all.

AFTER you restart and login, look in the upper right of main XMB, you'll see a PLUS symbol next to your avatar and then you can go back to the store.

:woot:

Mine didn't work even after the second attempt. Froze my PS3 on both tries requiring a hard restart. I eventually had to call Sony and wait on hold for 20 minutes. All because they've GOTTA have that credit card!

bsweetness 01-22-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoBrA2168 (Post 57038066)
Apple definitely requires a credit card to even download free apps.

No they don't. I set up my mom's iPad and Apple ID, and there's no credit card (or any other funding source) associated with her account. She's always downloading all kinds of free apps.

raven70 01-22-2013 02:36 PM

Totally new to PS3. I see it on the site but not on PS3 through store. Saw reply earlier saying after update. My system was down for a while this afternoon saying store was updating. Went in twice since then and now and looks the same and now discounts. Being new to PS3, is this typical to have timing issuesl ike this? Say the 22 and not start until the evening? Seems odd. But, then again, as much as I love this new system, there are some very odd things about PS3 in general. Menus and interface or so poorly designed, but I digress.

gymsock 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven70 (Post 57042368)
Totally new to PS3. I see it on the site but not on PS3 through store. Saw reply earlier saying after update. My system was down for a while this afternoon saying store was updating. Went in twice since then and now and looks the same and now discounts. Being new to PS3, is this typical to have timing issuesl ike this? Say the 22 and not start until the evening? Seems odd. But, then again, as much as I love this new system, there are some very odd things about PS3 in general. Menus and interface or so poorly designed, but I digress.

Around 4pm to 5 pm is when the system updates on Tuesdays so old offerings can suddenly disappear as new ones take their place. And yes, the interface was recently changed and takes a bit getting used too. I think it's better than it was before but still takes multiple steps to get where you want to go.

sanges99 01-22-2013 03:30 PM

SWEET. Have been waiting to redeem this 1-month Plus code from the bundle I picked up at Xmas just to get Unfinished Swan at a discount.

Now, if they put this out on disc in the near-future, I'm going to get upset. In the meantime, blank screens, here I come!

CheapestGamer 01-22-2013 03:41 PM

Too bad my freebie codes Sony sent me for PS+ already ran out cuz I'd love to get Psychonauts for $2.50 instead of $5. Oh well. It's not like I was gonna spend the remaining $20 in credit on my account on much of anything else, since their sales usually suck balls.

CoBrA2168 01-22-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsweetness (Post 57041408)
No they don't. I set up my mom's iPad and Apple ID, and there's no credit card (or any other funding source) associated with her account. She's always downloading all kinds of free apps.

Well, they used to. Must be new with iOS5 or something.

Kelzebubba 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

Why the hell are these prices not showing for me when I login to my PS3. Every game on the list is regular price.

BlueandOrange 01-22-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelzebubba (Post 57045244)
Why the hell are these prices not showing for me when I login to my PS3. Every game on the list is regular price.

hasn't updated yet.

Slickdeals should've waited until it was live to FP this.

wizard7926 01-22-2013 05:16 PM

Prices are LIVE as of 8:10p EST (aka, now)! Search for what you want; the splash page hasn't updated yet.

jwhyrock 01-22-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarich (Post 57000414)

Yep mine lapsed for a few days and I can verify firsthand this is true. =) everything works fine

BlueSteel45 01-22-2013 05:17 PM

Wait, so nothing Vita? Are these only for the PS3? TIA

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

Bootes 01-22-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSteel45 (Post 57046146)
Wait, so nothing Vita? Are these only for the PS3? TIA

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

Jet Set Radio is on the Vita, but it was also "free" with PS+ just a couple weeks ago. (Although I don't know if the Vita version is excluded from the sale)

fanatik 01-22-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 57037786)
I already have several of these games on disc so I'll only get a few. I agree that House of the Dead Overkill is fun with the Move, except it drifts over time no matter how much I calibrate it. It'll be fine for a while and after 10-15 minutes in order to aim at the center of the screen I'll have to have the sharp shooter at a 45 degree angle pointing somewhere else. I've posted about it and never got a response, so I assume there's something about my setup. I gave up on that game.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 has the same issue. Dead Space Extraction drifted but much more slowly. That's the only thing I don't like about the Move, but it's pretty significant.

Its not your setup. I have the same game and used the move and the same thing happened.

patroned 01-22-2013 05:35 PM

niice

BrokenVisage 01-22-2013 05:41 PM

Why is Hot Shots: Out of Bounds SO EXPENSIVE on Amazon?!

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shots-G...B0012IWRC8

xWarMECHx 01-22-2013 05:48 PM

Paid $15 for LBP: Karting (Target Shopkick coupon deal)

Traded it in to Best Buy the other day for $21 (intended to play, but it met the same fate as my other current backlogs, so I decided I might as well make some profit)

Wasn't expecting this PSN+ deal, but I might as well rebuy it since I bet this will be the cheapest we will ever see it. Plus I got to keep the Target exclusive DLC :D

jwhyrock 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

by the way in for just about everything lol and repped =)

AndrewI 01-22-2013 06:08 PM

Time to activate my PSN+ trial period!
:-D

AndrewI 01-22-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLoCoRaven (Post 57040216)
You know you can go into your account settings and cancel right away and still have the trial right? That's what I do anytime I can get a free month of PS+ and Amazon Prime. I have one more 30-day pass for PS+ then I plan on subscribing. I just consider it part of the process of starting the trial.

How do you get all those free 30 day passes?

Chaco 01-22-2013 07:04 PM

jet set radio and psychonauts for 5$ yes please