Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FiOS DOUBLE PLAY TV Ultimate HD + FiOS Quantum Internet 75/35 Mbps + $200 Visa Prepaid Card for $80/Month YMMV. (http://slickdeals.net/f/5812586-fios-double-play-tv-ultimate-hd-fios-quantum-internet-75-35-mbps-200-visa-prepaid-card-for-80-month-ymmv)

pruks 01-21-2013 10:19 PM

FiOS DOUBLE PLAY TV Ultimate HD + FiOS Quantum Internet 75/35 Mbps + $200 Visa Prepaid Card for $80/Month YMMV.

4 Attachment(s)
SERVICE DETAILS:
TV:
With FiOS TV Ultimate HD, you’ll get over 385+ all digital channels and 110+ HD channels. Includes Cinemax, NFL Red Zone, EPIX, Showtime, THE MOVIE CHANNEL®, and FLIX® premium channels.

Internet:
FiOS Quantum Internet Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps

The $200 GC applies even without Contract - Amount may be region specific so YMMV

STEPS:

1. Click on this link
https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOUR...undle.aspx

2. Enter and confirm your address
Start new order

3. Go to Build your bundle page: Select only Internet and TV (remove phone).
In the options below select FiOS Quantum Internet 75/35 Mbps , the price of Ultimate HD falls to 0.1 then add it to see the final price to your right.

YMMV - $5 additional discount may be region specific. SO your price could be $85 per month, still a great deal.

I personally think this is a glitch/Price mistake on their part so signed up with a 2 year agreement, this is almost a saving of $30-$50 depending on the region. I usually hate contracts and even buy my cell phones full price to avoid contracts.

HURRY UP, jump in before it ends.

The icing on the cake is $200 Visa gift card. If you don't sign up for a contract you can cancel any time but I signed a contract as I think this is a great deal with atleast $30-$50 savings per month if you like those services.

Discounts detail:
No Contract.
Promotions Included on Your Order:
$10 Bundle Credit For 12 Months
$5 credit for 24 months Discount Coupon
$5 Bundle Credit for 24 Months
$200 Visa Prepaid Card

With 2-year contract
Promotions Included on Your Order:
$5 Bundle Credit For 24 Months
$5 24-Month Contract Discount
$5 credit for 24 months Discount Coupon
$200 Visa Prepaid Card

It took me some time and lost sleep to post this, so reps are appreciated!!

EDIT/UPDATE:
Attached is a complete A-to-Z list of companies that have discounts on the verizon connections portal.

wikipost 01-21-2013 10:19 PM

Here is some corporate contact info. Call/email them and RESPECTFULLY explain that you are contacting them for assistance after getting nowhere with regular customer service agents and you wanted to give them a chance to help you prior to filing an official complaint with the FCC:

Generic NY corporate line: 212-395-1000

Tom Tauke
Executive Vice President
Public Affairs, Policy & Communications
thomas.j.tauke@verizon.com
ph: 212-395-1032

Bob Barish
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
robert.barish@verizon.com
ph: 908-559-1629

Holyce Hess Groos
Vice President & CFO
holly.hess@verizon.com
ph: 908-559-5507 (direct)

If that doesn't result in anything file a FCC complaint here: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

DEAD

Don't forget your Verizon Connections $5/mo discount, assuming you are eligible (employer based, US Army IS one!).
http://verizonconnections.vzcomportal.com/

Oh, and don't forget that you can use a Verizon FIOS account with Showtime (i.e. this deal) to get access to Showtime Anytime, so you can catch-up on all the episodes of Homeland!

Open the link with Incognito mode!
If you don't know what it is then you are wrong. Go here [google.com]!

Added a complete A-to-Z list of companies that have discounts on the verizon connections portal. Check the attachment - Pruks/OP :D

Working in:
-Moreno Valley, CA ($80 Ult+75/35)

-Saint Petersburg, FL ($80 Ult + 75/35) Existing customer upgrade.
-Tampa, FL ($85 Ult+75/35)

-Columbia, MD ($85 Ult+75/35)
-Gaithersburg, MD ($80 when I ordered but now $85 Ult+ 75/35). New Customer. MTM..
-Hanover, MD ($79.99 - Existing customer - NO GC OR CONTRACT). Had to call and do a little talking to the sales rep.
-Towson, MD ($95 ULT+75/35) Exisitng customer. Month to month.

-Horsham, PA ($80 Ult + 75/35) Existing Customer. 2 yr Contract (M2M same price) Yr 2 $95
-Pittsburgh, PA ($80 Ult + 75/35) New Customer. Month to Month.
-Trappe, PA ($85 ULT+75/35) Existing customer upgrade!

Anyone know when this promo expires? -Deal appears to be dead and a lot of members are having billing problems.

Track your VISA GC status: Credit Pachelbel9
1.) Visit verizon.com/rewards
2.) Username is the same as master order number.
3.) Password is your last name.

frugalbrutus 01-21-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pruks (Post 57022896)
SERVICE DETAILS:
TV:
With FiOS TV Ultimate HD, you’ll get over 385+ all digital channels and 110+ HD channels. Includes Cinemax, NFL Red Zone, EPIX, Showtime, THE MOVIE CHANNEL®, and FLIX® premium channels.

Internet:
FiOS Quantum Internet Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps

The $200 GC applies even without Contract - Amount may be region specific so YMMV
!

Nice deal, however;
"The address you entered is not served by Verizon."

Someday my prince will come. In the meantime, dialup aint so bad...

lordoff 01-21-2013 10:34 PM

I was excited until I realized I'm a current customer of Verizon and that they don't care about current customers...

inocconi 01-21-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugalbrutus (Post 57023046)
Nice deal, however;
"The address you entered is not served by Verizon."

Someday my prince will come. In the meantime, dialup aint so bad...

Damn, I was going to complain that "The address you entered is not served by Verizon." because I am stuck with Comcash Cable but then I seen that there are still people on dialup!

Don't feel bad, sometimes Comcash is about as fast as dialup!

discothan 01-21-2013 10:38 PM

good deal...but no Verizon FiOS in my area.

CaliforniaNavel 01-21-2013 10:41 PM

Wow amazing deal if holds up. Fios is a ripoff normally imo. And verizon (not wireless) a bunch of aholes in my experience...well wireless too, haha. BUT i would do this if fios was where i currently live. Repped for an intriguing deal at the least.

pruks 01-21-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordoff (Post 57023138)
I was excited until I realized I'm a current customer of Verizon and that they don't care about current customers...

What I noticed is if you are out of fios contract, you can cancel the service and re-signup for it to take advantage of new offers. You may have some down time so scheduling it right before/after a vacation is a good idea. You have to be willing to trade inconvenience for money :)

EDIT: I just signed up for this, let me know if you did too. Going to bed now, Reps are always appreciated :D

gibsonbass 01-21-2013 10:46 PM

How about DVR and set up box? Are they free?

gfx2 01-21-2013 10:49 PM

damn they dont provide service in the area where I live
tired.. really really tired of money going down the drain into com****

jtaitt 01-21-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibsonbass (Post 57023340)

DVR & Set top boxes are not free.

pruks 01-21-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Not in my service area, never has been. I paid and still paying $11.99 for their cr@ppy HD set top box for over 4 years now. Cable cards with HTPC tuner card or TIVO may save you some money.

Good night ladies and gentlemen.!!

Myst3ryx 01-21-2013 10:55 PM

Been like this since Friday I believe. I've been checking prices for about two weeks now and when this came up I was ecstatic! So I'm gonna bite, but doubt it's a price mistake if it's been this long up...

Also, anyone know if there's one of those 30 days to back out thing with Verizon?

Lastly... They're multi room dvr is $20 extra a month, and a set top box is 10ish I think... Should I just got htpc or something? Anyone recommend a good cable tuner card? Or device that takes cable cards?

TrojanFan 01-21-2013 10:57 PM

Nice deal, although it's coming up at $85 for me. Definitely seems like a glitch. Anybody know what taxes and fees are likely to be on internet and cable? I was reading somewhere that FIOS internet isn't taxed, but the cable is.

grazzhoppa 01-21-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

of course not.

You get a set-top-box capable of standard-definition TV for free.

Every HD set-top-box is $10 a month EXTRA. So if you want to actually watch HDTV, this deal is actually $90/month (plus tax and other mandated fees).

It's a fracking joke that they don't include an HD set-top-box as part of the monthly service price for HD service. They include a router capable of dealing with FIOS speeds with the internet service, but then they don't include a way to fully utilize your TV service.

A DVR set-top-box is even more expensive. I think $17 a month.

Prices for the equipment rental vary regionally.

And by the way, even with a 2 year contract, the price of set-top-boxes will probably increase. Your contract only locks in the price for the services, not the rental equipment.

lordoff 01-21-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanFan (Post 57023506)
Nice deal, although it's coming up at $85 for me. Definitely seems like a glitch. Anybody know what taxes and fees are likely to be on internet and cable? I was reading somewhere that FIOS internet isn't taxed, but the cable is.

Around 20 total in TX

newbslice 01-21-2013 10:58 PM

I have 50/25mb food extreme 1 hd dvr, 1hd box and in home dvr/hd box for $150 they also.had a $300 gc and $50 for self install all of which I'm still waiting for myself 4 months later

Tyross 01-21-2013 10:59 PM

FIOS is better than any cable provider because:

- Uncompressed 1080i signal, all others heavily compress the signal and you can easily see the difference with the naked eye. Others claim HD but it is so compressed that it is awful.
- No throttling of your internet. You always get your advertised up and down speeds, all day, everyday.

Why FIOS is worse than others:

- Customer service and the ability to get a bill correct is appalling.
- Verizon would steal your wallet if you were dying on the ground.
- Others won't have as fast internet as you so you get bottlenecks with slow people on the net.

If you can live with that, then you get uncompressed or slightly compressed signal in 1080i, second only to the awesome 1080p uncompressed OTA (OverTheAir) signal from a good old fashioned antenna. Plus you get real internet.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbslice (Post 57023526)
I have 50/25mb food extreme 1 hd dvr, 1hd box and in home dvr/hd box for $150 they also.had a $300 gc and $50 for self install all of which I'm still waiting for myself 4 months later

Yeah their customer service is horrible so complain to the FCC and the BBB every time you have any kind of issue. Then they handle it MUCH faster.

lordoff 01-21-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pruks (Post 57023254)
What I noticed is if you are out of fios contract, you can cancel the service and re-signup for it to take advantage of new offers. You may have some down time so scheduling it right before/after a vacation is a good idea. You have to be willing to trade inconvenience for money :)

EDIT: I just signed up for this, let me know if you did too. Going to bed now, Reps are always appreciated :D

I tried and for some odd reason, TV is not available here (although internet is...so not sure why) so the deal is no go for me...TY for posting however

kylem4711 01-21-2013 11:04 PM

ordered! thanks

Demonstrable 01-21-2013 11:04 PM

I wish...

abadan 01-21-2013 11:05 PM

Dream on. This is a glitch and they will not honor it.
Wait till you get your first bill.

yabadabadoo 01-21-2013 11:05 PM

Fantastic deal if you can get it....I just downgraded my triple play with just Internet, so guess I do not qualify or this...oh we'll.nice find OP

RainRDX 01-21-2013 11:05 PM

Repped. Very good deal exactly when I need it. Good night!

Kiev 01-21-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

$5.85 in taxes and surcharges in MD for about the same cost as this package.

Jinru 01-21-2013 11:08 PM

God damnit... Verizon just had to sell their telecommunications network to Frontier in WA.

thePOCKET 01-21-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyross (Post 57023534)
FIOS is better than any cable provider because:

- Uncompressed 1080i signal, all others heavily compress the signal and you can easily see the difference with the naked eye. Others claim HD but it is so compressed that it is awful.
- No throttling of your internet. You always get your advertised up and down speeds, all day, everyday.

Why FIOS is worse than others:

- Customer service and the ability to get a bill correct is appalling.
- Verizon would steal your wallet if you were dying on the ground.
- Others won't have as fast internet as you so you get bottlenecks with slow people on the net.

If you can live with that, then you get uncompressed or slightly compressed signal in 1080i, second only to the awesome 1080p uncompressed OTA (OverTheAir) signal from a good old fashioned antenna. Plus you get real internet.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested.

Yeah their customer service is horrible so complain to the FCC and the BBB every time you have any kind of issue. Then they handle it MUCH faster.

agreed. I had an issue and got nowhere fast. Reported to BBB and verizon contacted me with a representative higher up

kylem4711 01-21-2013 11:21 PM

have one cable card and one dvr. came to 103. still happy with the deal.

Cowbrains 01-21-2013 11:21 PM

Dang it, I would of gotten rid of my charter in a heartbeat for those internet speeds but not serviceable :(

Kiev 01-21-2013 11:21 PM

Great deal btw, just signed up for a 2 year contract. It is a steal at these prices.

Cowbrains 01-21-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinru (Post 57023666)
god damnit... Verizon just had to sell their telecommunications network to frontier in wa.

damnit, bobbie

kylem4711 01-21-2013 11:25 PM

should i try to install as soon as possible? or will that hurt my chances with keeping the deal?

slickdealer86 01-21-2013 11:31 PM

doesn't work in NYC, shows normal price.

eedfwChris 01-21-2013 11:39 PM

Was chatting with the "chat" rep and they said it was a glitch. I was able to process the order though, we'll see what happens, 24mo contract here I come. :D

RainRDX 01-21-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eedfwChris (Post 57023916)
Was chatting with the "chat" rep and they said it was a glitch. I was able to process the order though, we'll see what happens, 24mo contract here I come. :D

You "chatted" with them?
Thank you.

krsone 01-21-2013 11:41 PM

Repped. Thanks for a great find. I got the cable card only since it said it'll provide access to all HD subscribed channels. Hopefully the lack of DVR and TV Guide will discourage the wife from watching too much tv. We went from Roku only to now this!

Kiev 01-21-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

lol those chat people know even less than we do. They are useless.

krsone 01-21-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

SD'ers never call or chat with reps about a price mistake!!

jmuscle 01-21-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

hahaah soo truee... now im wondering how to get out of he contract cuz after a yea it goes up

Kiev 01-21-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmuscle (Post 57024002)
hahaah soo truee... now im wondering how to get out of he contract cuz after a yea it goes up

To get out of the contract you would have to pay a termination free of like $200. :sadwalk:

Rakukojin 01-22-2013 12:11 AM

My 2 year contract ends at the end of this month. Is it possible to cancel a little early to get in on this deal?

BoldIntrepid 01-22-2013 12:19 AM

Aww, FiOS doesn't serve my area

Kiev 01-22-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakukojin (Post 57024188)
My 2 year contract ends at the end of this month. Is it possible to cancel a little early to get in on this deal?

Maybe you could sign up as the same address but different billing, then just cancel your old one when the contract expires. But you would have to double pay for a month or maybe wait until this month ends and see if it is still there.

Don't know if the installation date would affect when they start billing you date.

fventura03 01-22-2013 01:03 AM

just upgraded from :

FiOS TV Extreme HD
FiOS Internet Speeds Up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps

for 119.99 to this package, I dont see the $200 certificate though, price showed 95.00 for me in Northern VA Area.

boxz0r 01-22-2013 01:05 AM

"The address you entered is not served by Verizon"
I would have jumped on this deal otherwise! Soo good!!

poohbie 01-22-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiev (Post 57023952)

Agreed. Foreign-outsourced and not useful for any real questions.

WeepingAngels 01-22-2013 01:12 AM

It's coming up at regular prices for me. And the regular prices suck.

The good channels like BBC America and AMC cost an extra $40 per month. My local cable company includes them free with the mid level package.

Quote:

No they charge for everything in every room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiev (Post 57023952)

Agreed. Regarless of the cable compnay,they are all in India and I've never had one that could actually do anything, fix anything, or knew as much as I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krsone (Post 57023958)
SD'ers never call or chat with reps about a price mistake!!

YES!!!!!

poohbie 01-22-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

My fees total $8 for FiOS Double Play TV+Internet. Will vary by location.

Kiev 01-22-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeepingAngels (Post 57024694)
The good channels like BBC America and AMC cost an extra $40 per month. My local cable company includes them free with the mid level package..

Must be a regional thing for you, both those channels are free for every package in my area.

changwah 01-22-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakukojin (Post 57024188)

My contract was set to end in 14 days and was able to sign up for the new plan. No 200 prepaid visa though. Btw signed up on Saturday.

mgamer20o0 01-22-2013 01:33 AM

i just switched from fios to charter 5 months ago.... now this.... i have a choice on my hands.....

mhuebner 01-22-2013 02:38 AM

not available in NJ. Can anyone confirm if they were able to sign in NJ?

viewAskewser 01-22-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Great news!
Your location qualifies for our High Speed Internet (DSL) service
...That is not great news at all. Nobody wants DSL.

shaggymatt 01-22-2013 03:01 AM

Thanks. My contract has been up for a long time and was is a great price grandfathered plan. It let me upgrade for $5.01 per month more. No gift card, but a lot more channels and the faster Internet. ;-)

Screen shots taken for that first bill... New plan starts Wednesday.

drbotts 01-22-2013 03:05 AM

And..... we're not serviced. Yet we live in the middle of Raleigh, NC. Hmmm... Thanks Verizon.

YOURNUMBA1FAN 01-22-2013 03:41 AM

This is what i have Now with out contract wonder if i should do the 2 year ?

Your Current Service(s)
Verizon Triple Play$ 129.99/mo
See Price Details
No Term agreement
Add/Upgrade My Bundle
Renew My Bundle
FiOS TV Extreme HD
290 channels
75+ in HD
See Details
closeFiOS TV Extreme HD
Your HD needs are satisfied and then some! With FiOS TV Extreme HD, you’ll get over 290+ all digital channels and 75+ HD channels
See More
FiOS QuantumSM Internet
Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps
See Details
closeFiOS QuantumSM Internet
FiOS Quantum 75/35 Mbps Internet is like rocket fuel for your computer. Perfect for homes that have multiple devices on the Internet at the same time.
See More
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
Local, regional & long distance + 20 features
See Details
closeFiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
Includes unlimited local, regional and long distance calling across the U.S. and to Canada and Puerto Rico - plus 20 popular calling features.
See More
TVThis service is part of your bundle.
FiOS TV PlanChange
FiOS TV Extreme HD Included
ChannelsChange
Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack
50 Percent Off Premium Content 12 Month Credit $39.99
-$20.00
EquipmentChange
Basic Digital Adapter (1) $5.99
Set Top Box SD Only (1) Included
Multi-Room DVR (1) $19.99
Set Top Box (1) $11.99

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees$14.22 I live in Florida

dogi 01-22-2013 03:55 AM

Showing $85 for me but I still have a contract :(

lestermahoney 01-22-2013 03:57 AM

Already have verizon internet so when my address came up as existing service I just said it is for new account and used wife's name. Worked for me. If this goes through I'll be dumping DirecTV and getting a ceton card. Could be huge savings fo me if it works. Thanks OP.

LeadfootGSR 01-22-2013 04:13 AM

$90 a month for me: I was already under contract w/ HD Prime & 75mps internet. But yeah, when all said and done this dropped my total bill about $15 a month and now I have a lot more channels that I'll never watch. :-D

Tundro 01-22-2013 04:14 AM

Nice find. No $200 card since I'm already a subscriber, but I am saving $15 / month with this deal. Plus, getting a lot more channels and faster Internet.....

karazi 01-22-2013 04:34 AM

Just ordered, current month to month customer and even though I was logged in it was treated as a new customer I think. Even though I have equipment already I think they are sending out new equipment? Suppose that means I have to drop off the old stuff, any idea?

daw4888 01-22-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

If you are married/living with someone... Switch it into their name.. and rotate back and forth every 6-12 months. Me and my wife do that, keeps you up to date with the best rebates/promotions.

yourdeals 01-22-2013 04:51 AM

Any one getting this in Texas?

I just see their regular prices

Blade2000 01-22-2013 04:53 AM

I guess this a pretty decent deal. I just signed for FiOS in December (NY) for around $165 a month. But that is for thier triple play package with 5 set top boxes (4 HD, 1 Standard free) plus 75/35 Internet, phone, HBO, Showtime, etc. multiroon DVR, and a $300 Visa card. With one set top box it was around $125 a month still with the $300 card. Without HBO and the DVR it was $119 a month (Extreme TV, Digital Voice, 75/35 Internet) plus $300 Visa card.

MasterG88 01-22-2013 04:53 AM

Thanks OP! I got it for $95 with 2 year agreement. The DC area always gets gouged a little but for $10 more off my old grandfathered plan, i get 3x the speed and a ton more channels.

AviationAtom 01-22-2013 04:54 AM

Check the Wiki regarding the Verizon Connections $5 discount!

mosi 01-22-2013 05:15 AM

Thanks OP, Great find! I'm a current subscriber and was able to go through the Manage my Bundle section in my Verizon Services to get the Ultimate TV / 75/35 Internet double play for $85/mth. That's about $5 less than what I'm paying for Prime TV / 50/25 double play!!! Did not want to sign a contract so my rate will go up to $95/mth after 12 months. The $200 visa card offer was automatically added to my cart. Let's see whether they will honor this or not.

phillylex 01-22-2013 05:21 AM

Good deal if you don't need a land line. I have an alarm system so I'd need to look into whether it can use VOIP.

Has anyone seen a comparison of the actual speeds for 75/35 vs. 15/5? I have 15/5 and actually get closer to 20/5 which is fine for me.

Gbaijnau 01-22-2013 05:21 AM

Workinggg

foxiness 01-22-2013 05:23 AM

not sure if i should cancel their last deal, i have setup date for this weekend on jan 26

i signed up for the triple play prime tv package, 50/25 internets, phone, 2 set top boxes for $102 a month and a $300 gift certificate

allmil 01-22-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourdeals (Post 57026152)
Any one getting this in Texas?

I just see their regular prices

Current subscriber and only went up slightly for a bunch more. I am in Texas.Added what was in OP.

IN4DEALS 01-22-2013 05:45 AM

signed up will get installation today at 1 pm,beat my internet only for $85/month(50/25)

IN4DEALS 01-22-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 57026600)
Good deal if you don't need a land line. I have an alarm system so I'd need to look into whether it can use VOIP.

Has anyone seen a comparison of the actual speeds for 75/35 vs. 15/5? I have 15/5 and actually get closer to 20/5 which is fine for me.

75/35 close to 84/33

bondoc 01-22-2013 05:53 AM

Just had FIOS installed this weekend. Since I couldn't add this to my current package, I called FIOS and the sale rep couldn't believe the deal. They cancelled my old order and replaced it with this deal. All is good with no down time. Looking forward to 75/35, Ultimate channels, & $200 GC. Very slick deal!!!

ZGRZFG 01-22-2013 05:54 AM

you can also get $50 Amex card if sign up with triple play service.

foxiness 01-22-2013 05:54 AM

eh regular prices coming up for me

wahoooob 01-22-2013 06:03 AM

I can get the $85/month for Ultimate and 75 internet, but can't seem to get the $200 GC. Is that for new only? I am on month to month, current FIOS subscriber.

IN4DEALS 01-22-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahoooob (Post 57027242)
I can get the $85/month for Ultimate and 75 internet, but can't seem to get the $200 GC. Is that for new only? I am on month to month, current FIOS subscriber.

I got $200 visa prepaid card in the end of check out proccess ,I'm also current FIOS subscriber and still under contract

dd05 01-22-2013 06:07 AM

Fk cable monopolies!!..

Google fiber, fios why you no in georgia!!!!!! D:

rockstone 01-22-2013 06:08 AM

Damn. The SOB's at TWC have my nuts in a vice like grip :(

sclewis2 01-22-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 57026600)

I've had voip for years, in different houses with different alarm service providers, and have never had a problem with getting my alarm system connected through my voip.

The technology is there, they just have to do it. Just make clarify when the come to configure it that you want to be able to plug your main line into any jack. They can configure a single jack, or the whole house. Caused me some trouble when I moved my whole setup.

d3mizzle 01-22-2013 06:11 AM

Can I still get this if I have service under Verizon but it is on contract. Also, do you think this deal will last all day, I can only subscribe at around 6-7pm.

tkeppell 01-22-2013 06:11 AM

I am Dallas area and just got the dobule bundle (Ultimate and 75/35) for $80 per month with $200 gift card. When I chose triple play, normal prices are showing. So I just went with double play. I hope they will honor $80/mo rate and I signed for 2-year contract with price guarantee.

wahoooob 01-22-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN4DEALS (Post 57027272)
I got $200 visa prepaid card in the end of check out proccess ,I'm also current FIOS subscriber and still under contract

Did you put any promo code or do aynthign special? I am at the last step of checkout (where you click Agree to the terms) and still nothing in my cart??

tstarks 01-22-2013 06:18 AM

Please FiOS, come save me from Time Warner Cable! I think I've put my email address on the notification list about 25 times now, I even call them and beg once in awhile.

yourdeals 01-22-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkeppell (Post 57027356)
I am Dallas area and just got the dobule bundle (Ultimate and 75/35) for $80 per month with $200 gift card. When I chose triple play, normal prices are showing. So I just went with double play. I hope they will honor $80/mo rate and I signed for 2-year contract with price guarantee.

Im in Dallas too. I dont see the double play and I get 124.99 when I pick ultimate and the 75/35 internet.

Do you have a link to the double play?

brennok 01-22-2013 06:20 AM

Nice was able to upgrade from Ultimate+35/35 to Ultimate 75/35 for a $20 monthly savings. My 2 year contract was up in a month.

tkeppell 01-22-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourdeals (Post 57027508)
Im in Dallas too. I dont see the double play and I get 124.99 when I pick ultimate and the 75/35 internet.

Do you have a link to the double play?

Clear your browser cache, restart browser and just use the link posted by OP in the first post. That is what I did.

acesmuzic 01-22-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abadan (Post 57023610)
Dream on. This is a glitch and they will not honor it.
Wait till you get your first bill.

it's not...they had better deals at the end of 2012 so they will certainly honor this one. I got in on this one and have already received two bills....definitely legit.

afterganger 01-22-2013 06:25 AM

When I do it, I get 115 a month. : (

Alkaar 01-22-2013 06:29 AM

Not working for me. I get 135 a month.

drsketch 01-22-2013 06:30 AM

another garbage post. that internet speed isnt even available.

tmagni78 01-22-2013 06:31 AM

Not working for me either in NJ. I called to complain about my bill and they gave me an additional 20's off a month for a year. You guys can always try that.

Zeero 01-22-2013 06:31 AM

No Go in NYC. it figures that the metro area would be excluded from great deals. Verizon dinosaur POTS phone / Fios department continues to shaft it's customers.

How quickly we forget that before FIOS came out, this was the one of the most hated companies in nyc with their $50 a month dial tone service until VOIP was more mainstream.

Legun 01-22-2013 06:33 AM

Is this Dead?

Dosperado 01-22-2013 06:45 AM

just worked for me, existing customer though and could only manage to get to $95 for 75/35 and ultimate HD. However since I was already paying $20 more for 20/5 and expanded basic HD, I would say that's sweet!

saurabh711 01-22-2013 06:49 AM

I was already on the 75/35+Extreme HD, switched to Ultimate HD. It said new plan will be active tomorrow. No installation nothing. Gave me the $80 price.

I'm always a little scared and skeptical on Verizon billing but took a chance here. I was already signed up for the $200 promo, got the option here again, let's hope it all goes thru.

allmil 01-22-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dosperado (Post 57028020)
just worked for me, existing customer though and could only manage to get to $95 for 75/35 and ultimate HD. However since I was already paying $20 more for 20/5 and expanded basic HD, I would say that's sweet!

This is like what I got

nihaoffs 01-22-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Care to elaborate what you did?

d3mizzle 01-22-2013 07:08 AM

Sad my area, Pittsburgh, only has high speed internet available (Fastest is 3-7mbps)

AviationAtom 01-22-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesmuzic (Post 57027618)
it's not...they had better deals at the end of 2012 so they will certainly honor this one. I got in on this one and have already received two bills....definitely legit.

This includes Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Flix, and Epix, speed is 75/35, no contract, plus $200 DC. I don't need voice, so this sounds like the better deal to me.

skim32 01-22-2013 07:10 AM

Thanks OP. I'm actually only saving 2 dollars over my previous bill, but I'm getting a lot more. I was on the extreme and 25/25.

Alkaar 01-22-2013 07:14 AM

Is this only working for certain areas? It seems like certain people are getting the deal and certain people can't.

AviationAtom 01-22-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkaar (Post 57028772)
Is this only working for certain areas? It seems like certain people are getting the deal and certain people can't.

It is YMMV. Try Incognito mode.

xmlwave 01-22-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AviationAtom (Post 57028690)
This includes Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Flix, and Epix, speed is 75/35, no contract, plus $200 DC. I don't need voice, so this sounds like the better deal to me.

Thanks, OP! Looks like I am eligible for a $85 discounted price. Can I get by with just CableCard (I already have HDHomeRun PRIME) for these extra channels: Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Flix, Epix? I don't want to pay extra for set-top box, since I can just watch content via my PC. I just don't know if these extra channels work with CableCard; never had this lineup before. Also, I notice something called "Regional Sports Network Fee" -- can I get rid of this fee later? I don't watch sports.

AviationAtom 01-22-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmlwave (Post 57028910)
Thanks, OP! Looks like I am eligible for a $85 discounted price. Can I get by with just CableCard (I already have HDHomeRun PRIME) for these extra channels: Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Flix, Epix? I don't want to pay extra for set-top box, since I can just watch content via my PC. I just don't know if these extra channels work with CableCard; never had this lineup before. Also, I notice something called "Regional Sports Network Fee" -- can I get rid of this fee later? I don't watch sports.

You can, as CableCards decrypt all those channels, but you'll miss out on the on-demand library they offer. The sports fee comes with the package I am fairly sure.

Edit:
I found this link: http://www.silicondust.com/forum2...hp?t=14018

acesmuzic 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AviationAtom (Post 57028690)

:thumbup: in the end that's all that matters.

I get Showtime, but don't watch it, and saving $$ was more important, especially since I can get pretty much any movie free from the local library. They screwed up my first bill and when they corrected it extended what was supposed to be a 1 yr promotion into 2 so now I actually get the 15/5 + TV (phone is a throw in...i didn't consider it in my decision making) for $74.99 for 2 yrs w/ free SD box for life. I have already received a $50 Visa gift card and will receive a $300 one in another few weeks after the initial 60 days. I also discovered I was eligible for the verizon connections discount thanks to my employer, so an additional $10/mo off. the 15/5 is way faster than the comcast i ditched and i'm not a gamer, and don't watch HD streaming video much so it's plenty fast for me. :woot:

Alkaar 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AviationAtom (Post 57028804)
It is YMMV. Try Incognito mode.

Nope that didn't work. Trying to use a NYC address. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ray97 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

Dang doesn't work in the Los angeles region, needed a new supplier since uverse jacked up their prices

ando1 01-22-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

I am not seeing the $200 Visa card at the end of teh checkout process. Can you tell me what you did to get this?

Thanks,
Andy

karazi 01-22-2013 07:35 AM

I signed up for this as an existing month to month customer at the $85/mo rate with $200 GC, and just got a call from a Pennsylvania number verifying that I already have service, and that this is just a change of service (with new contract). She said that I should replace my existing equipment with the new equipment, and to return my current stuff, and that the "disconnect and reconnect" will take place on the 25th, when I scheduled the new service to be activated.

gbenj 01-22-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkaar (Post 57029184)
Nope that didn't work. Trying to use a NYC address. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm trying an NYC address too and its not working...I'm betting this is a regional restriction as well.

syetangpogiko 01-22-2013 07:42 AM

Thanks! I just signed up with their $500 Visa GC with 2 yr contract Verizon Triple Play...

PaulPats 01-22-2013 07:42 AM

Good deal. Too bad I already have service.

OverlordQ 01-22-2013 07:46 AM

Current customer, showing me $115 in Incognito mode. I'd also love to know how you others got this deal if you're still in contract

ando1 01-22-2013 07:50 AM

Also current customer showing $90 / mo with no $200 Visa GC. Would like to know how to get the extra $5 and more importantly the GC

urfrendlipiro 01-22-2013 07:58 AM

I'm currently under contract for a triple play bundle. Is there a way to change it to the double play with this deal? If so, I'm not seeing a way to remove the phone.

hmongkeysauce 01-22-2013 08:04 AM

I'm a current customer and I have two options. One is to get new service at $85/month plus $200 GC with no contract. The other option is to just upgrade my services at $80/month with no contract and no $200 GC. I think I'm going to just upgrade my services. If you're a current customer, I suggest you log into your current Verizon account and try to upgrade your services that way.

PaulPats 01-22-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongkeysauce (Post 57030120)
I'm a current customer and I have two options. One is to get new service at $85/month plus $200 GC with no contract. The other option is to just upgrade my services at $80/month with no contract and no $200 GC. I think I'm going to just upgrade my services. If you're a current customer, I suggest you log into your current Verizon account and try to upgrade your services that way.

Tried that, but no way to remove the phone service

OverlordQ 01-22-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongkeysauce (Post 57030120)

How do you get new service if you're already in a contract w/o paying the ETF? And I see no way to switch to no-contract if you're currently in a 2-year agreement

hmongkeysauce 01-22-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulPats (Post 57030188)
Tried that, but no way to remove the phone service

Sorry then. I was able to remove the phone service. This is what my checkout order summary said:

Verizon Double Play $80.00
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
FiOS QuantumSM Internet Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps
$5 Coupon for 12 Months - Limited Time Offer
Month-to-Month agreement plan
TV Services
Regional Sports Network Fee $2.42
TOTAL FOR SELECTED PRODUCTS $82.42

Still $2.58 cheaper than what I'm currently paying! :bounce: And I get better services. It's set to activate tomorrow so hopefully everything goes smooth. I've had some tough time dealing with their billing team once so I hope I don't have to deal with them again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordQ (Post 57030292)
How do you get new service if you're already in a contract w/o paying the ETF?

Sorry but I should had specified that I'm a month to month customer.

I'm located in Moreno Valley, CA for those that are interested.

edged 01-22-2013 08:13 AM

Current customer, who was on a month-to-month plan and switched from Prime HD and 15/5 internet ($75 a month) to Ultimate HD and 75/35 internet speeds for $5 more a month. In Saint Petersburg, FL if that helps anyone.

Not bad....

dkollander 01-22-2013 08:17 AM

As a long lime Fios customer it is very disappointing that I can get fios internet & phone but not TV ...go 300ft south of my house (different town) and you can get fios TV.

kylem4711 01-22-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray97 (Post 57029208)
Dang doesn't work in the Los angeles region, needed a new supplier since uverse jacked up their prices

Im in whittier and it worked for me.

phillylex 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkollander (Post 57030512)
As a long lime Fios customer it is very disappointing that I can get fios internet & phone but not TV ...go 300ft south of my house (different town) and you can get fios TV.

That's strange. I thought they used the same components for TV, phone and internet.

roadbratt 01-22-2013 08:36 AM

New customers only?

OverlordQ 01-22-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadbratt (Post 57031118)
New customers only?

Of course VZ doesn't care about existing ones.

phillylex 01-22-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordQ (Post 57031386)
Of course VZ doesn't care about existing ones.

Agreed, although going from 15/5 to 75/25 for an extra $5/month isn't so bad.

over 01-22-2013 08:47 AM

i can see the $85 per month, but do i have to use their DVR? seems they charge 17 per month.

plus others fees $113 for me before tax

no go

currently i am paying comcast for $40 blast+basic tv

dkollander 01-22-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 57031040)
That's strange. I thought they used the same components for TV, phone and internet.

They do...the problem is Verizon does not want to talk to our town officials about getting the TV service into town...this has been documented in the local news....http://www.metrowny.com/news/211-...owaga.html

In my situation it would not take anything more then the set top box and verizon activating it...but verizon fios TV has to want to have a franchise with the town first.

drinklime 01-22-2013 08:52 AM

i really enjoy the crying posts without any info

JOHNBON2010 01-22-2013 08:52 AM

Los angeles.CA
I don't have a contract so system show me few options:

2 years contract----US 80
No contract- US74.99 Prime HD and 15/5 Internet , No phone
No contract- US80.00 Ultimate HD and 50/35 Internet + Phone

pruks 01-22-2013 08:56 AM

Added a complete A-to-Z list of companies that have discounts on the verizon connections portal. Check the attachment

breaux124 01-22-2013 08:58 AM

Once I followed the instructions it worked. It showed $79 with just FIOS internet and Prime HD, but once I selected Quantum Internet and Ultimate HD, the price adjusted to $85 for my region (outside Philly).
Really have to think about this, since two HD boxes adds another $20.

I'm on a Comcast deal for $85 that includes the boxes, but slower 50/10 internet (which is what I care about the most). And Verizon doesn't have any bandwidth caps.

JOHNBON2010 01-22-2013 08:58 AM

Fios

How you remove the phone service,, it shows 80 but with the phone service,, can I do it in checkout???

I sign up two months ago , month to month contract,, waiting for the gift card reward,, can I make changes without losing the gift card??

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongkeysauce (Post 57030304)
Sorry then. I was able to remove the phone service. This is what my checkout order summary said:

Verizon Double Play $80.00
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
FiOS QuantumSM Internet Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps
$5 Coupon for 12 Months - Limited Time Offer
Month-to-Month agreement plan
TV Services
Regional Sports Network Fee $2.42
TOTAL FOR SELECTED PRODUCTS $82.42

Still $2.58 cheaper than what I'm currently paying! :bounce: And I get better services. It's set to activate tomorrow so hopefully everything goes smooth. I've had some tough time dealing with their billing team once so I hope I don't have to deal with them again.

Sorry but I should had specified that I'm a month to month customer.

I'm located in Moreno Valley, CA for those that are interested.

dealhunter85 01-22-2013 09:03 AM

Sucks that I have Fios but they sold all rights to Frontier in my area. So even though everything I have says Fios, I have to go through Frontier.

drinklime 01-22-2013 09:05 AM

i am existing customer with Prime and 15/5 internet. I was able to upgrade to ultimate and 75/35. My bill goes up 1 cent a month for 18 months (had to agree to 2 years). No gift card but who cares. It says it will activate tomorrow. Let's see!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBON2010 (Post 57031918)
How you remove the phone service,, it shows 80 but with the phone service,, can I do it in checkout???

I sign up two months ago , month to month contract,, waiting for the gift card reward,, can I make changes without losing the gift card??

on the first page theres a green checkbox on phone

elsporko321 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

I wish so bad that I could have FIOS. A serviced area is literally about 1 mile south of me, in an adjacent subdivision. I am in a "deal" with crappy TWC and pay about $240/month. When I had FIOS at my previous residence, even out of contract/deals, my bill was about $140/month. There isn't a single aspect of TWC that is better than FIOS. I haven't dealt with Verizon's customer service, but I have dealt with TWC's, and its complete trash. I imagine its hit-or-miss, like most customer service hotlines, so thats a wash to me.

I would pay $300/month to have FIOS 25/25, because the speed is legit and constant. I have TWC's wideband service (50 down/5 up, last I checked), and i'm lucky to get half of my advertised speed. Their boxes, DVR, and especially guide are garbage compared to Verizon's.

The true deal to be found is having FIOS available in your area; the price is just icing on the cake.

wyo_vr4 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

Reps for finding this.

BUT... It's highly likely Verizon will screw people and not honor the deal. And I need home phone service.

Gonna stick with Bright House who actually bill me what they are supposed to and aren't complete pricks.

Loodacris 01-22-2013 09:18 AM

Sounds like a great deal. All I have is Comcast in my area, though. I can't wait for those free markets to kick in so they can compete against each other for my business. :rolleyes:

hmongkeysauce 01-22-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBON2010 (Post 57031918)

It was checked on the product page and I simply unchecked it.

blueiedgod 01-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Yes, build your own. Most people already have 90% of the hardware and software needed.

thelark 01-22-2013 09:29 AM

Current customer and was just able to do this - not sure if I'm getting the gift card, but not complaining about saving $20 per month, getting more channels and faster internet.

phillylex 01-22-2013 09:31 AM

Does anyone who is out of contract or otherwise month to month plan to choose the option that the existing service isn't theirs and they want new service (under their wife's name for example)? That's what people were doing to get last month's deal which was $80 for triple play with prime HD, 15/5 and voice.

Also has anyone seen whether the share the network link works with this?

bmanilow 01-22-2013 09:40 AM

That speed option isn't available in my area (Pittsburgh) so no dice :( tried numerous browsers/cache/etc

JOHNBON2010 01-22-2013 09:41 AM

I sign up two months ago , month to month contract,, Verizon will sent the gift card after 60 days of use service, waiting for the gift card reward US200, can I make changes without losing the gift card?????

jeremyg5 01-22-2013 09:44 AM

No go in NY.
I'm getting fed up with paying $140 for my double play.

R0NIN 01-22-2013 09:48 AM

I'm pretty sure this isn't a price mistake or "glitch".

I currently have the basic FIOS internet - 15mbps/5mbps. I didn't follow the op's link, I just signed into my account online and looked at the available upgrades, and the deal was there for $85. Actually, it defaulted to the "extreme" package for $94, however the option to select the "ultimate" package reduced the price by $9.

I got the prompt from an online chat rep, and allowed him to walk me through the checkout. He was aware of this promotional price, even giving me the hard sell a couple times that if "I don't lock it in right now, the promotion could end at any moment" :rolleyes:

I've already received my order confirmation and verified the install date.

To be on the cautious side, I did cut and paste the chat, just in case there are any shenanigans. I already canceled my Dtv and had to pay an early term fee there, so I'll be rasing plenty of hell if verizon does try to put the wood to me.

jmurrhee 01-22-2013 09:54 AM

I originally bought the Triple Play Bundle earlier this month with a $300 GC and scheduled to start my service tomorrow 1/23. After seeing this, I immediately called Fios and cancelled my Triple Play and signed up for this instead. Thanks OP this is one of the slickest deals I've been in on.

badrc 01-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 57033420)

I currently have the basic FIOS internet - 15mbps/5mbps. I didn't follow the op's link, I just signed into my account online and looked at the available upgrades, and the deal was there for $85. Actually, it defaulted to the "extreme" package for $94, however the option to select the "ultimate" package reduced the price by $9.

I got the prompt from an online chat rep, and allowed him to walk me through the checkout. He was aware of this promotional price, even giving me the hard sell a couple times that if "I don't lock it in right now, the promotion could end at any moment" :rolleyes:

Just to be on the cautious side, I did cut and paste the chat, just in case there are any shenanigans. I already canceled my Dtv and had to pay an early term fee there, so I'll be rasing plenty of hell if verizon does try to put the wood to me.

Same here, i was walked through the checkout process and was given the same price. Cant wait to have my internet speed on steroids. :)

yabadabadoo 01-22-2013 09:56 AM

For some reason, I could add this deal as an existing Internet customer..Woot and also qualified for $200 card! Thanks OP! Now to dump the Hulu Plus GC on someone!

phillylex 01-22-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 57033420)

Just to be on the cautious side, I did cut and paste the chat, just in case there are any shenanigans. I already canceled my Dtv and had to pay an early term fee there, so I'll be rasing plenty of hell if verizon does try to put the wood to me.

Did you previously have voice? It seems like this deal isn't being made available to people who have voice. I am out of contract and the best I'm being offered is to go from 15/5, prime HD and voice to 75/35, prime HD and voice for another $5/month which would bring my monthly total to $100. No option to remove voice (it has a lock icon).

dbk 01-22-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yabadabadoo (Post 57033670)
For some reason, I could add this deal as an existing Internet customer..Woot and also qualified for $200 card! Thanks OP! Now to dump the Hulu Plus GC on someone!

I got the same thing.. VZ can't charge me some termination fee right?

MrTator 01-22-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badrc (Post 57033658)
Same here, i was walked through the checkout process and was given the same price. Cant wait to have my internet speed on steroids. :)

Its great having the higher speed ability but if where you getting data from is less you really wont see any difference. You simply can't get it faster than it is being sent.

yabadabadoo 01-22-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbk (Post 57033718)
I got the same thing.. VZ can't charge me some termination fee right?

NO as long as you still retain the service you initially had before adding this package..thats what the REP Said..I have saved the chat

bruce988jl 01-22-2013 10:17 AM

Upgraded, I'm an existing customer and have 110$ for 25/15 and the extreme HD for tv. Now I got 75/35 + ultimate HD bundle for 95$. No gift card though but hey, I'm saving 15$ a month and no contract either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTator (Post 57033862)
Its great having the higher speed ability but if where you getting data from is less you really wont see any difference. You simply can't get it faster than it is being sent.

Is there any point to get the GigE wireless N router from verizon? Says its 80$...

Lostwarriorram 01-22-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce988jl (Post 57034344)
Upgraded, I'm an existing customer and have 110$ for 25/15 and the extreme HD for tv. Now I got 75/35 + ultimate HD bundle for 95$. No gift card though but hey, I'm saving 15$ a month and no contract either.

Is there any point to get the GigE wireless N router from verizon? Says its 80$...

I am getting $95 with no gift card as well here in NoVA. Does this price include HD Setop Box as well? My order says I need to add STB which ends up as 114.98 which is $5 less than what I pay. However, currently I have HBO for free for 1 yr.

R0NIN 01-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 57033704)
Did you previously have voice? It seems like this deal isn't being made available to people who have voice. I am out of contract and the best I'm being offered is to go from 15/5, prime HD and voice to 75/35, prime HD and voice for another $5/month which would bring my monthly total to $100. No option to remove voice (it has a lock icon).

Nope - no voice.

You may be on to something. I just had internet. I never had voice, although I did have tv a couple years ago until I switched to dtv.

jdblaze 01-22-2013 10:37 AM

worked for me existing customer with72 days left on contract with double play extreme 25/25 paying 94.99 and then 55 for red zone. upgraded to ultimate 75/35 price stayed the same. thank you

Blade2000 01-22-2013 10:39 AM

Two Questions:
Was anyone able to get this who already had FiOS Digital Voice?
Was anyone in NYC or Long Island, NY able to replicate this deal?

Grim281 01-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade2000 (Post 57035084)
Two Questions:

In Long Island, the 75/35 option does not show up for me.

JasonFTW 01-22-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostwarriorram (Post 57034570)
I am getting $95 with no gift card as well here in NoVA. Does this price include HD Setop Box as well? My order says I need to add STB which ends up as 114.98 which is $5 less than what I pay. However, currently I have HBO for free for 1 yr.

No setop box included. I also had to select a box option, which was $12/ month extra for the HD setop box.

radiusmax 01-22-2013 10:43 AM

I was an existing customer who was out of contract and was able to upgrade to the Double Play package of FiOS TV Ultimate HD and the 75/35 Internet Package.

This saved me about $25.00/month and increased my Internet speed from the 35/35 package.

A lot less hassle than trying to renew using other methods.

Rebirth 01-22-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pruks (Post 57023254)

That exactly what i did.

I order something similar including telephone for 85 dollars. Order it in December, have them install it on Jan 17. Had my currently one canceled on the Jan 16th. Didn't have service for 1 day.

Now i'm waiting for my 300 dollar prepaid card. should be here in 90 days

Dimz 01-22-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim281 (Post 57035132)

I'm in Brooklyn in a two story house - I get the 75/35mbps option for the 1st floor but NOT for the 2nd floor... hilarious....

Aside from that, I wasn't able to replicate the deal here either.

dbk 01-22-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostwarriorram (Post 57034570)

I'm in NOVA too.. i just went to My Services page and clicked on the link to add/upgrade my service.. and added ultimate and 75/35.. didn't have to add any boxes since i already have two.. monthly price was like $82 but I think it extended my contract for another two years

zapbranighan 01-22-2013 10:53 AM

I was able to jump on the FIOS triple play bundle a few weeks back but luckily I didn't set up my installation until Feb 1. With this deal I get faster internet and more TV channels. I wasn't interested in phone service anyway. I will pay $5 more a month but it's totally worth it.

Blade2000 01-22-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim281 (Post 57035132)

Interesting. I live in Nassau County and I get 75/35 currently with FiOS. Just had it installed two weeks ago.

greenamg 01-22-2013 10:55 AM

This is awesome! Just found out I can get Fios. So long Comcast. Good Riddance! $80 for Ultimate and 75/35 Mbps Double Play Bundle w/ $200 GC in MA

saru1977 01-22-2013 10:59 AM

anyone in tampa get this deal.

afterganger 01-22-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Two Questions:

Suffolk checking in. Nope.

iandyli 01-22-2013 11:06 AM

I'm also in Dallas area and I've cleared browsing data (all) since beginning of time in Chrome a few times and I still show $95 for bundle using OP's link. I'm an existing customer. Any other specifics to get deal? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkeppell (Post 57027606)
Clear your browser cache, restart browser and just use the link posted by OP in the first post. That is what I did.

thelark 01-22-2013 11:10 AM

what the hell is up with the "installation" - I just upgraded my service. what is there to install? why isn't it just active immediately?

dpjackal89 01-22-2013 11:27 AM

I can get fios in my area but for some reason I cant get deal to $80. It shows up 135 for me.

R0NIN 01-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badrc (Post 57033658)

BTW, I don't know what kind of router you have, but the 75/35 deal is a little misleading. Check this out from my chat:

You(11:31:53): wait a sec - when I add to cart I get this: Verizon will provide up to [75/35] Mbps Internet with a wired connection. If you use your Internet primarily for wireless or WiFi connections, you have the option to upgrade to Verizon's new FiOS GigE Wireless N Router which will maximize your speed delivered through your wireless connection.
Carter(11:33:53): Yes, you will need to upgrade your router to N router with Quantum 75/35 Mbps internet plan, which would cost $79.99. However, you can definitely lower your internet plan to Quantum 50/25 Mbps internet plan later on.
You(11:34:56): Yeah, but we never use the wired connection
Carter(11:35:36): Yes, you will have 3 times faster speed than what you have now. You will still be able to use the interne service. The current router you have supports 54 Mbps wireless speed.
You(11:36:52): okay, so no issues with our wifi then? its just if I want to take advantage of the 75/35mbps, I need to buy a new router, right?
You(11:37:17): and if I change to 50/25mbps in the future, that's not going to cost me?
Carter(11:37:48): Yes, you are correct. You need N router in order to get the speed with Quantum 75/35 Mbps internet plan. You will still be able to use your internet service. You won't be charged anything when you lower your internet plan.

R0NIN 01-22-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandyli (Post 57035972)
I'm also in Dallas area and I've cleared browsing data (all) since beginning of time in Chrome a few times and I still show $95 for bundle using OP's link. I'm an existing customer. Any other specifics to get deal? Thanks.

Did you verify you have the "ultimate" package selected? It defaulted to "prime" for me. I scrolled down and selected "ultimate" and it reduced it by $9

spicylikcajun 01-22-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Two Questions:

Nope, I cannot uncheck my existing phone service so I only have options to upgrade to other Triple-Play bundles (even in the Build a Bundle page - I have to have some sort of phone service). I am calling to remove my phone service to see if maybe that does the trick. I am out of contract so hopefully it works.

Lostwarriorram 01-22-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbk (Post 57035418)
I'm in NOVA too.. i just went to My Services page and clicked on the link to add/upgrade my service.. and added ultimate and 75/35.. didn't have to add any boxes since i already have two.. monthly price was like $82 but I think it extended my contract for another two years

Interesting. I think it all depends on your account status as well.

Oh well, may be I will look into placing a new order.

faztcobra 01-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandyli (Post 57035972)

Same here, and I'd be ok with that if I could get the $200 w/ no contract.

dogi 01-22-2013 11:38 AM

I am currently on a triple play and can not reconfigure my service on double play :(

bondoc 01-22-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saru1977 (Post 57035746)
anyone in tampa get this deal.

I'm in Tampa and got the deal. I called them this morning and got this deal.

smokarz 01-22-2013 11:43 AM

Verizon, please come to my town. AT&T Uverse sucks!

phillylex 01-22-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 57036726)
BTW, I don't know what kind of router you have, but the 75/35 deal is a little misleading. Check this out from my chat:

You(11:31:53): wait a sec - when I add to cart I get this: Verizon will provide up to [75/35] Mbps Internet with a wired connection. If you use your Internet primarily for wireless or WiFi connections, you have the option to upgrade to Verizon's new FiOS GigE Wireless N Router which will maximize your speed delivered through your wireless connection.
Carter(11:33:53): Yes, you will need to upgrade your router to N router with Quantum 75/35 Mbps internet plan, which would cost $79.99. However, you can definitely lower your internet plan to Quantum 50/25 Mbps internet plan later on.
Carter(11:35:36): Yes, you will have 3 times faster speed than what you have now. You will still be able to use the interne service. The current router you have supports 54 Mbps wireless speed.
You(11:36:52): okay, so no issues with our wifi then? its just if I want to take advantage of the 75/35mbps, I need to buy a new router, right?
You(11:37:17): and if I change to 50/25mbps in the future, that's not going to cost me?
Carter(11:37:48): Yes, you are correct. You need N router in order to get the speed with Quantum 75/35 Mbps internet plan. You will still be able to use your internet service. You won't be charged anything when you lower your internet plan.

There might be a way to buy an N router of your choice and plug it into an Ethernet port of the verizon G router so you can get the highest wifi speed. Also keep in mind you'd need devices that can do N to take advantage of the speed.

One thing I don't get is the CSR's statement that your current router can handle up wifi up to 54 MB/s. when I choose 50/25 the message about upgrading my router pops up.

joon8407 01-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 57036726)

You probably have a router with 802.11G which supports 54Mbps. So if you want faster speed for wifi, you would need a 802.11N router. You should be able to buy an N router for ~$30 if you buy from somewhere else and hook it up to your existing router. That's what I did anyway.

shaq03000 01-22-2013 11:57 AM

Boston area: TOTAL FOR SELECTED PRODUCTS (including HD box) $99.41

tkeppell 01-22-2013 11:58 AM

I signed up this morning (Dallas area). I noticed a charge of $2.42 Regional Sports Network Fee. Anyway to avoid it?

theGr81 01-22-2013 12:10 PM

no go in NYC... got quoted $135.00

adamhmc 01-22-2013 12:10 PM

"The address you entered is not served by Verizon. Please re-enter your address."

No luck in SF.

saru1977 01-22-2013 12:11 PM

I dont see any upgrade for this deal also when i called customer service they say its nota vailable online

sometimes_steve 01-22-2013 12:14 PM

Sweet! Just signed up for a base $80/mo in Pittsburgh, PA. Regional sports fee and set top box fee suck, though.

gotojanoo 01-22-2013 12:19 PM

los angeles bellflower shows 95/month.What I am doing wrong? and yeah no gift card

mrtrance 01-22-2013 12:23 PM

I currently have the Triple Play with Extreme HD, 25/15 Interent, and Freedom Essentails (analog phone service). Is there a way to just upgrade just the TV and Internet portion and keep the phone part in place and get the deal? Should I call them to see what they can do for me? I'm in the SoCal area.

bondoc 01-22-2013 12:36 PM

I bought the deal this morning at $84.99. Now when I log into my account, I now see $129.99, instead of my original price of $84.99, is anyone else having this problem?

iandyli 01-22-2013 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes. Here's a screenshot of what I keep seeing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 57036844)
Did you verify you have the "ultimate" package selected? It defaulted to "prime" for me. I scrolled down and selected "ultimate" and it reduced it by $9

JOHNBON2010 01-22-2013 12:43 PM

PM if you need a code for the American express US50 gift card

wahoooob 01-22-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandyli (Post 57039018)
Yes. Here's a screenshot of what I keep seeing.

For whatever reason, it seemed to show for me if I selected the 75/35 internet first, THEN prime TV.

No i dea why, but give that a try?

gotojanoo 01-22-2013 12:50 PM

i had select both option and came 95 bucks a month with contract. I am current customer so should i still add a set top box ?As i already have one .its not even showing 200 bucks gift card somehow

rvdboston 01-22-2013 12:51 PM

I opted for FIOS 50/25 Mbps + local channels for $65.

iandyli 01-22-2013 12:52 PM

Well, I finally broke down and called customer service. I bitched a bit on how "a friend" in my same area was getting the $80/mon deal while I kept seeing $95. Cust service rep helped me out by giving me a $8/mon for 12 mon credit, and $50 credit for current month's Internet access.

Thus, ($95 - $8)/mon - $50 credit was best I could do. I had to sign a damn 2-year agreement as well. However, rep clarified that agreement is quite flexible, unlike mobile wireless contracts. Basically, she told me that it just means I would retain Verizon FiOS services of some kind for 2-years, but I could always modify plan during that time, which includes modifying to a new month-to-month plan. I'll need to test these waters when I get there. Good luck everyone else!

mgamer20o0 01-22-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotojanoo (Post 57038252)
los angeles bellflower shows 95/month.What I am doing wrong? and yeah no gift card

i am local to you and its showing $85 a month with 200 gift card.