Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Memory Foam Mattress Topper- $120 + FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/5815188-queen-size-3-inch-thick-4-pound-density-memory-foam-mattress-topper-120-fs)

yogameister 01-23-2013 02:54 AM

Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Memory Foam Mattress Topper- $120 + FS
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sleep Easy via Buy.com [buy.com] is offering a Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Memory Foam Mattress Topper for $120. Shipping is Included.

Price Comp:
This Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Memory Foam Mattress Topper is $28 cheaper than the next available price of $148.39 on Amazon [amazon.com]. Research also shows over five hundred 4 and 1/2 star reviews on the item.

WindySummer 01-23-2013 11:36 AM

Outstanding Memory Foam Pad OP...

Though considering the price, I just might have to spring for a Tempur-Pedic Mattress, Sleep-Store, etc. .. if they even work as well as a mem foam pad.

Looking 2 buy my son a twin memory foam pad, or ? His current mattress is too firm & with sports may be causing him to have an extremely stiff back.


Thx & Rep'd...

HHHmmmm 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

I have what I would think is a decent mattress. probably around $700 when bought around 6 years ago. I have been looking at buying a cheap memory foam mattress to replace it but have been scared to pull the trigger on one of these super cheap online mattresses, even with very high ratings on amazon.

Should I get this foam pad and call it a day? Or keep hunting for a 4lb memory foam mattress online? Basically, how much do you think this will improve my sleeping situation? Thanks for any help!

Szuch123 01-23-2013 11:54 AM

I looked into this a while back but the negative views (on Amazon) really made me not want to buy.

~~~

After chatting with an owner, I decided to pull the trigger.
I was afraid of tearing and heat, but they said it was not a problem.
I'm going from a down mattress topper to a memory foam one. Pumped.

Carbonxe 01-23-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHHmmmm (Post 57064078)
I have what I would think is a decent mattress. probably around $700 when bought around 6 years ago. I have been looking at buying a cheap memory foam mattress to replace it but have been scared to pull the trigger on one of these super cheap online mattresses, even with very high ratings on amazon.

Should I get this foam pad and call it a day? Or keep hunting for a 4lb memory foam mattress online? Basically, how much do you think this will improve my sleeping situation? Thanks for any help!

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

Tons of great info there.

sghanna 01-23-2013 11:57 AM

It depends
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HHHmmmm (Post 57064078)
I have what I would think is a decent mattress. probably around $700 when bought around 6 years ago. I have been looking at buying a cheap memory foam mattress to replace it but have been scared to pull the trigger on one of these super cheap online mattresses, even with very high ratings on amazon.

Should I get this foam pad and call it a day? Or keep hunting for a 4lb memory foam mattress online? Basically, how much do you think this will improve my sleeping situation? Thanks for any help!

It depends if you need a firm or soft mattress. If soft is for you then this is great, but if you have any back issues you are probably better off with a firm mattress. 3" is very thick so you will feel the softness. For me it was too much. I had to go with a 1.5" memory phone egg crate style to get a bit of comfort without aggravating my back.

LilLowEK 01-23-2013 12:00 PM

Just FYI I have this exact topper. I purchased it through Amazon over a year ago at the link above. I was looking to extend the life of my mattress and have been more than satisfied with it to this day. The only thing I'll add is the smell that many people complain of. I simply laid it out on a pull out bed over night to "air out".

I highly recommend the product and will attempt to answer any questions you may have. Just PM me or quote me so I get the notification. Now if only my dogs will learn to sleep on the floor. :)

desertbanshee 01-23-2013 12:10 PM

I bought one a year ago because my husband was driving me crazy with his tossing and turning. Solved the issue completely.

HHHmmmm 01-23-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonxe (Post 57064174)
http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

Tons of great info there.

Thanks for that link. I'm taking a look at it but it relives the frustrations I've had looking for a new mattress. I have back pain but prefer a softer mattress, meaning I need to be somewhat uncomfortable in my mattress.

I just want a comfortable, durable memory foam mattress that relieves the back pain. Oh yeah, and for cheap! Do yall think these ~$300 queen memory foam mattresses that pop up on slickdeals will do that? They almost always have 3lb foam density which research suggests is not that great. But this site seems to be ok with it. Ahhh confusing!

sp1ku 01-23-2013 12:34 PM

i have a futon, would this fit over it? its from ikea

novemberr 01-23-2013 12:35 PM

I had this exact same one from buy.com for ~$60. The only complain is that the color became yellowish after a few weeks.

Microtubule 01-23-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberr (Post 57065316)
I had this exact same one from buy.com for ~$60. The only complain is that the color became yellowish after a few weeks.

These are not waterproof therefore I would not encourage urinating on them.

novemberr 01-23-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microtubule (Post 57069790)
These are not waterproof therefore I would not encourage urinating on them.

would have pooped

smithmal 01-23-2013 03:25 PM

Decent price. I usually get my foam toppers from foambymail dot com. They sell their queen 3" 4lb toppers for about $135 [foambymail.com]. In terms of firmness, you need to know what the ILD is for the foam and then go from there.

In terms of longevity, it's always a good idea to get the highest density topper you can afford. At the link above, densities go as high a 5lbs per cubic foot.

smithmal

Carbonxe 01-23-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHHmmmm (Post 57064760)
Thanks for that link. I'm taking a look at it but it relives the frustrations I've had looking for a new mattress. I have back pain but prefer a softer mattress, meaning I need to be somewhat uncomfortable in my mattress.

I just want a comfortable, durable memory foam mattress that relieves the back pain. Oh yeah, and for cheap! Do yall think these ~$300 queen memory foam mattresses that pop up on slickdeals will do that? They almost always have 3lb foam density which research suggests is not that great. But this site seems to be ok with it. Ahhh confusing!

If you have back pain, it might be because you're sleeping on a mattress that's too soft. I've always slept on a soft mattress and always woke up with a back that needed a lot of cracking and stretching. One night I stayed at a friends and slept on his crappy spare bed which was pretty firm and I woke up feeling like a champ. I couldn't believe how good my back felt.

Read over this section, maybe it'll help convince you to try out a firmer mattress.
http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/m...-back.html

One thing I've read is that if you can't slide your hand under your lower back while you're laying on your back, then the mattress is too soft and your back isn't getting the support it needs.

ijustchillin 01-23-2013 10:34 PM

How long will one of these toppers last if placed on top of a spring mattress?

ahowe07 01-24-2013 05:27 PM

Not a good deal, overstock.com sells serta 3 inch memory foam for queen for $99

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberr (Post 57065316)
I had this exact same one from buy.com for ~$60. The only complain is that the color became yellowish after a few weeks.

they all do that

dell2012 01-25-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novemberr (Post 57065316)
I had this exact same one from buy.com for ~$60. The only complain is that the color became yellowish after a few weeks.

they all change color. Oxidize.
you can somewhat slow it down/prevent it by using a cover on the foam.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 AM.


1999-2014