Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chicago VPS 2048MB Ram 2TB Bandwidth 50GB Diskspace $30 year (http://slickdeals.net/f/5816176-chicago-vps-2048mb-ram-2tb-bandwidth-50gb-diskspace-30-year)

corenom 01-23-2013 01:04 PM

Chicago VPS 2048MB Ram 2TB Bandwidth 50GB Diskspace $30 year
 
It's back! Just ordered another VPS from them a few weeks ago, everything is working great.

--- more info in this thread http://slickdeals.net/f/5579530-Chicago-VPS-2048MB-Ram-2TB-Bandwidth-50GB-Diskspace-30-year

Chicago VPS 2048MB Ram 2TB Bandwidth 50GB Diskspace $30 year

Enterprise $30/year
2048MB Dedicated Ram
50GB Diskspace
2TB Bandwidth
100Mbps Port
1xIPv4 Address
SolusVM/OpenVZ
Promo Code: 2GBYR
$30/year with promotion code
Order in Los Angeles [urlhasbeenblocked.net] | Chicago [urlhasbeenblocked.net]| Buffalo [urlhasbeenblocked.net]

wikipost 01-23-2013 01:04 PM

None
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by urlhasbeenblocked-kevin (Post 57986168)
...in any case, this thread should be closed as it has expired...

Deal is dead.


Maybe do research before buying. I can't post links so copy and paste these into google:

site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked-hacked-bunch-of-vps-customers-offline
site:lowendtalk.com so-was-there-a-solusvm-exploit-or-not
site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked.net-user-database-hacked-lastpass-security-email
site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked-database-leaked-urlhasbeenblocked-customers-change-your-root-passwords-immediately

Very dishonest company and I would not feel safe having any data with them.

Arcanlaw 01-23-2013 01:31 PM

Can you put unlimited domains on these VPS boxes?

rbreding 01-23-2013 01:35 PM

This is a repost. Search for the other thread there is a wealth of information in there regarding any questions for this service.

cluedweasel 01-23-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbreding (Post 57067454)
This is a repost. Search for the other thread there is a wealth of information in there regarding any questions for this service.

You mean the other thread linked in the OP? If you feel this is a report, why didn't you report it as such?

pandy00 01-23-2013 10:12 PM

Looks like the links even on lowendbox are all dead.

corenom 02-13-2013 05:55 PM

its back!

webking 02-20-2013 10:44 PM

You will get what you pay for. These guys won't make money and if they do, you will be among hundreds or thousands on the same server. You will get very frustrated with speed and performance. Finally you will give up and loose your money. Just me 2 cents.

SDRebel 02-20-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webking (Post 57725140)
You will get what you pay for. These guys won't make money and if they do, you will be among hundreds or thousands on the same server. You will get very frustrated with speed and performance. Finally you will give up and loose your money. Just me 2 cents.

Not saying that it os not true because I dont know, but based on what, do you make such strong comment?

zexze 02-20-2013 11:33 PM

not a good reviews on webhostingtalk,
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/sho...ChicagoVPS

SDRebel 02-20-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zexze (Post 57725632)
not a good reviews on webhostingtalk,
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/sho...ChicagoVPS

I read that thread and it was a single bad report of a hardware failure. If you read it, you will see that many in that thread suggested that it could have happened with any service....

zexze 02-21-2013 07:46 AM

there is more discussion about urlhasbeenblocked on webhostingtalk but they are hard to find because urlhasbeenblocked was banned from webhostingtalk.

anpk 02-21-2013 08:22 AM

i see the monthly bandwidth as 2000gb as opposed to 1tb?

anpk 02-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anpk (Post 57731964)
i see the monthly bandwidth as 2000gb as opposed to 1tb?

ignore I cant read

webking 02-21-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRebel (Post 57725176)
Not saying that it os not true because I dont know, but based on what, do you make such strong comment?

I own a VPS company and I don't make money if I don't put 200 people on the same server for $30/yr. Bandwidth is expensive and who gives 2000gb/month for about $3/month vps? You must have failed your math class. It's common sense. If you can't do the math, you shouldn't be on here. This forum is for slick deals, not stupid deals.

DealWinner 02-27-2013 04:09 AM

Opened my 5th VPS. Feeling very guilty.

ChicagoVPS-Kevin 03-04-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRebel (Post 57725746)
I read that thread and it was a single bad report of a hardware failure. If you read it, you will see that many in that thread suggested that it could have happened with any service....

Exactly, we do not cater to the Webhostingtalk market and it represents less than 1% of our client base. We host over 150 physical server nodes in over 4 hosting facility locations, a single bad review does not mean anything compared to the hundreds of good reviews we have on Slickdeals and other communities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by webking (Post 57740374)
I own a VPS company and I don't make money if I don't put 200 people on the same server for $30/yr. Bandwidth is expensive and who gives 2000gb/month for about $3/month vps? You must have failed your math class. It's common sense. If you can't do the math, you shouldn't be on here. This forum is for slick deals, not stupid deals.

Sorry for the late response, I did not see this post earlier.

Very saddening to hear about this from a competitor, but to clarify we do not rent nor lease our servers, we buy all of our hardware outright and colocate them which means our monthly expenses are very low compared to other companies like you who rent. We have our own cabinets in our geographically diverse facilities and own all of our hardware, from switches to the hardware utilized by our server nodes. Because we have large bandwidth commits and purchase in bulk deals, we are able to pass the savings down to our customers and offer unbeatable prices that other VPS companies can only dream of coming near to.

In any case, this thread should be closed as it has expired. We have a new deal which was posted by another SD member earlier today and we are actively responding to any questions on it: http://slickdeals.net/f/5887804-NEW-urlhasbeenblocked-2048MB-RAM-50GB-Disk-2TB-Bandwidth-2x-IP-address-40-year-4-Location-Choices?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealWinner (Post 57856170)
Opened my 5th VPS. Feeling very guilty.

Thanks for your loyalty!

- Kevin

DrGee 03-17-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urlhasbeenblocked-Kevin (Post 57986168)
...We have a new deal which was posted by another SD member earlier today and we are actively responding to any questions on it: http://slickdeals.net/f/5887804-NEW-urlhasbeenblocked-2048MB-RAM-50GB-Disk-2TB-Bandwidth-2x-IP-address-40-year-4-Location-Choices?

What happened to that thread? All I get is "...you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons..."

Why was it deleted?

JaminJaymon 03-17-2013 12:25 PM

Maybe do research before buying. I can't post links so copy and paste these into google:

site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked-hacked-bunch-of-vps-customers-offline
site:lowendtalk.com so-was-there-a-solusvm-exploit-or-not
site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked.net-user-database-hacked-lastpass-security-email
site:lowendtalk.com urlhasbeenblocked-database-leaked-urlhasbeenblocked-customers-change-your-root-passwords-immediately

Very dishonest company and I would not feel safe having any data with them. Do your homework people.

joogle 03-17-2013 03:33 PM

same question, that thread had a whole bunch of useful info and links but its gone now

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrGee (Post 58276660)
What happened to that thread? All I get is "...you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons..."

Why was it deleted?


poorgrad 03-17-2013 05:32 PM

Hmm that's odd. Did SD decide it was self promotion or something?

Does anyone know if the offer still stands? $40/year with code STEALOFADEAL?
I have two VPS plans ending soon and I'm looking for a new provider. Of my current providers, one is kind of slow and the other had a lot of downtime and a failed RAID array.

poorgrad 03-18-2013 08:26 AM

It would be good to get some explanation as to why threads are being deleted.

I just saw http://slickdeals.net/f/5913926-40-per-year-urlhasbeenblocked-Enterprise-package-50GB-Diskspace-2GB-Ram-2TB-Bandwidth-2-IP-Address in the search results as being 30 minutes old but it is already deleted.

I'm a bit hesitant to sign up for this if something shady is going on. But without any explanation, I cannot tell.

daniel32 03-18-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorgrad (Post 58292196)
It would be good to get some explanation as to why threads are being deleted.

I just saw http://slickdeals.net/f/5913926-40-per-year-urlhasbeenblocked-Enterprise-package-50GB-Diskspace-2GB-Ram-2TB-Bandwidth-2-IP-Address in the search results as being 30 minutes old but it is already deleted.

I'm a bit hesitant to sign up for this if something shady is going on. But without any explanation, I cannot tell.

Actually, urlhasbeenblocked is probably not paying Slickdeals for the "advertisement" so SD is not allowing their threads to be posted.

/my opinion

Eaglescout 03-18-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorgrad (Post 58292196)
It would be good to get some explanation as to why threads are being deleted.

I just saw http://slickdeals.net/f/5913926-40-per-year-urlhasbeenblocked-Enterprise-package-50GB-Diskspace-2GB-Ram-2TB-Bandwidth-2-IP-Address in the search results as being 30 minutes old but it is already deleted.

I'm a bit hesitant to sign up for this if something shady is going on. But without any explanation, I cannot tell.

There was a wealth of information in that thread that I kept going back to when setting up my VPS and trying different things. If something shady is going on, delete the OP but keep all the very informative posts SD!

poorgrad 03-18-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel32 (Post 58292428)
Actually, urlhasbeenblocked is probably not paying Slickdeals for the "advertisement" so SD is not allowing their threads to be posted.

/my opinion

That's my guess as well.
However without some kind of info on this, I also wonder if there's something more going on.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.


1999-2014