Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DmC Devil May Cry [PC GAME/STEAM/REGION FREE] $19.99 (http://slickdeals.net/e/5823524-dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-game-steam-region-free-19-99)

drren 01-27-2013 10:26 AM

DmC Devil May Cry [PC GAME/STEAM/REGION FREE] $19.99
 
1 Attachment(s)
DmC Devil May Cry is $19.99 at direct2play.com

http://direct2play.com/steam/344-...nload.html

Looks like they revamped that site since last time I visited it. I've seen it for a buck or two less, but I'd rather get it from a trusted place.

stepmaniadude 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

Thanks, repped.

pacificwind 01-28-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drren (Post 57166790)
DmC Devil May Cry is $24.99 at direct2play.com

http://direct2play.com/steam/344-...nload.html

Looks like they revamped that site since last time I visited it. I've seen it for a buck or two less, but I'd rather get it from a trusted place.

Price is down to $19.99 now. Very sexy deal me thinks :)

Mundosold 01-28-2013 05:57 PM

TD. Still a Russian copy and any Russian key reseller isn't "trustworthy". No they won't scam you for your money, but you are still paying for a gray-market product that Steam can and has banned people for.

Mundosold 01-28-2013 05:59 PM

Oh and it is also extremely overpriced. Russian keys are worth 345 Rubble - about $11. Go buy it from plati.ru if you want to be a cheap-ass game hoarder so badly. Or do the reasonable thing and play your backlog, then buy this game LEGITIMATELY later when it goes on sale for $12.50 or whatever

drren 01-29-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacificwind (Post 57199466)
Price is down to $19.99 now. Very sexy deal me thinks :)

Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up. Will grab a copy for a friend now.

VictorR 01-29-2013 02:07 PM

i dont understand, this game is not legal? what is the diference between buying this game and download form torrent?

ilikemoneys 01-29-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mundosold (Post 57199510)
TD. Still a Russian copy and any Russian key reseller isn't "trustworthy". No they won't scam you for your money, but you are still paying for a gray-market product that Steam can and has banned people for.

Except, you know... the fact that this is a region free copy not a Russian one. When has Steam ever banned from region free keys? Never that I know of. Russian keys? Sure, but very rarely and only when way overused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorR (Post 57221724)
i dont understand, this game is not legal? what is the diference between buying this game and download form torrent?

This is way more legal than a torrent as this is actually legal(somewhat shady and definitely cheap).

firebirdx01 02-02-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemoneys (Post 57224016)
Except, you know... the fact that this is a region free copy not a Russian one. When has Steam ever banned from region free keys? Never that I know of. Russian keys? Sure, but very rarely and only when way overused.


This is way more legal than a torrent as this is actually legal(somewhat shady and definitely cheap).

I'm still really bloody confused about Steam keys abroad. Region-free- but do people get their accounts banned? And is the publisher getting any money? I don't get it.

ilikemoneys 02-02-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebirdx01 (Post 57319514)
I'm still really bloody confused about Steam keys abroad. Region-free- but do people get their accounts banned? And is the publisher getting any money? I don't get it.

There exist 2 different forms of keys for steam: region-locked and region-free. those are self explanatory. The issue arises with where the key is purchased from. Most of these Russian sites sell the RU key for a low price and include the Region Free(RGF from now on) key for "free" which is why you often have to download both the RU copy and the RGF copy and then delete the RU version after opening it once. This is what has gotten a very small percentage of accounts suspended in the past due to the fact that the account holders were using US servers for activation of russian keys as opposed to using a RU server. This DmC key is strictly a region free key that doesn't require a RU copy to be downloaded(at least as far as all the information on the site says) thus there isn't a risk of being banned from steam. However, you must understand that these keys are being bought overseas at a much lower cost due to geographical location and market which is why they are sold for so cheap. The publisher does actually make money from these keys when they were originally bought by the reseller but do not make any off of your purchase. It is my preference to wait for a sale on a key from a US site but it is fully up to each individual what they decide to do.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM.