Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Hitman: Absolution (PC Digital Download) $17 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5824070-hitman-absolution-pc-digital-download-17)

jbmach460 01-27-2013 07:06 PM

Hitman: Absolution (PC Digital Download) $17
 
65535 Attachment(s)
Make sure you select PC DOWNLOAD

$16.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...sin_detail

brisar 01-27-2013 07:06 PM

Hitman: Absolution (PC Digital Download) $17
 
2 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has Hitman: Absolution (PC Digital Download) for $16.99. Thanks jbmach460
Note: Game activates on Steam client.

Steam.com also has Hitman: Absolution (PC Digital Download) for $16.99. Thanks jjm5119 [Discuss]

ChaosJester87 01-27-2013 07:26 PM

Add PC to the title, deceiving as is.

Swolern 01-27-2013 08:26 PM

Who the heck TD this??? This is an amazing game on PC for $16.

nanobeast 01-28-2013 02:32 AM

Steam?

WilliamG 01-28-2013 03:13 AM

Yep it activates on Steam. Says right there on the Amazon page.

xionam1 01-28-2013 03:45 AM

Awesome game!

realdreams 01-28-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swolern (Post 57176654)
Who the heck TD this??? This is an amazing game on PC for $16.

Terrible game, so many issues, with absolutely no support what so ever....
the IO-Interactive that made hitman 1-4 has been long gone....

Anticrawl 01-28-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdreams (Post 57181306)
Terrible game, so many issues, with absolutely no support what so ever....
the IO-Interactive that made hitman 1-4 has been long gone....

Don't listen to this guy, IO Interactive did a fantastic job with Hitman Absolution. I was weary knowing the title was coming from IO Interactive, the same guys responsible for Kan & Lynch 1&2 and Hitman: Blood Money (3 terrible terrible games) - but those fears were put to bed with the fresh take on the traditional Hitman gameplay we all grew up loving.

The one drawback for this game on PC it is really a system resource hog. I'm running a 670GTX with a 3570k and it still chokes at max settings. So be mindful if you're running a system close to the minimum spectrum.

patrickh222 01-28-2013 05:28 AM

It also does not support Windows XP. I learned the hard way.

Onisuo 01-28-2013 05:36 AM

QUOTE=patrickh222;57181790]It also does not support Windows XP. I learned the hard way.[/QUOTE]
Roflmao!:lmao:

Pharmageek 01-28-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickh222 (Post 57181790)
It also does not support Windows XP. I learned the hard way.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it does say in the description Windows Vista & 7. Does anyone know if there are issues with Windows 8?

godfather927 01-28-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticrawl (Post 57181598)
Don't listen to this guy, IO Interactive did a fantastic job with Hitman Absolution. I was weary knowing the title was coming from IO Interactive, the same guys responsible for Kan & Lynch 1&2 and Hitman: Blood Money (3 terrible terrible games) - but those fears were put to bed with the fresh take on the traditional Hitman gameplay we all grew up loving.

The one drawback for this game on PC it is really a system resource hog. I'm running a 670GTX with a 3570k and it still chokes at max settings. So be mindful if you're running a system close to the minimum spectrum.

I agree, this is a pretty solid game all around. It's got a good storyline, solid gameplay in the Hitman vein, amazing graphics, and also pretty challenging. Definitely a steal at $17.

adnshel 01-28-2013 06:54 AM

Can last months promo credit be used on this game?

Hooterman 01-28-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks for the post, I bought.

It's also on sale directly through Steam too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

tannersarms 01-28-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnshel (Post 57182644)
Can last months promo credit be used on this game?

I don't think so, neither this nor Sleeping Dogs were in the EC list. Easy way to check though...

ViciousTide 01-28-2013 07:12 AM

Awesome game, for one play through only, that is why it is dropping so fast in price.

TR0N 01-28-2013 07:21 AM

Loved the game. 2 annoyances:

1. The restart checkpoint button is right next to the restart level. So many rages of me hitting the wrong button.

2. The "Achievements" spoil the ways of killing your target. Fake example: Feed to the Tigers achievement.

youra6 01-28-2013 08:33 AM

If you loved Blood Money, stay away from this one.

Jase2004 01-28-2013 08:41 AM

thanks.

doema 01-28-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6 (Post 57184264)
If you loved Blood Money, stay away from this one.

How come?

joogle 01-28-2013 09:02 AM

how in the world are you still on XP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickh222 (Post 57181790)
It also does not support Windows XP. I learned the hard way.


hdawg504 01-28-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmageek (Post 57181976)
Not trying to be a jerk, but it does say in the description Windows Vista & 7. Does anyone know if there are issues with Windows 8?

I have it installed on Win 8 Pro. Works like a champ. No issues at all. :bounce:

FullTiltBoogie 01-28-2013 09:35 AM

Amazing game! Playing through the PS3 version right now. If you like this franchise you won't be disappointed.

artehcos 01-28-2013 09:41 AM

Bought it. Figured I would try it for this price. Thanks

CHeston 01-28-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticrawl (Post 57181598)
Don't listen to this guy, IO Interactive did a fantastic job with Hitman Absolution. I was weary knowing the title was coming from IO Interactive, the same guys responsible for Kan & Lynch 1&2 and Hitman: Blood Money (3 terrible terrible games) - but those fears were put to bed with the fresh take on the traditional Hitman gameplay we all grew up loving.

The one drawback for this game on PC it is really a system resource hog. I'm running a 670GTX with a 3570k and it still chokes at max settings. So be mindful if you're running a system close to the minimum spectrum.

Turn down the AA. I did and my 480 GTX does fine. With AA on I was getting like 12-14 FPS with it low (like 2x) I was clearing well over 30 in the benchmark. I'd take less AA for other settings being higher any day. I think the rest of my settings were on high/max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabel (Post 57185726)
Amazing game! Playing through the PS3 version right now. If you like this franchise you won't be disappointed.

Oh I would be disappointed if I played it on 7-8 year old hardware (like ps3 or 360). ;)

My xbox hasn't been turned on in months, and even then it was to play some WMVHD movies for some kids at a family Christmas party.

coronakid 01-28-2013 09:59 AM

With my current backlog of Steam games I just wait for this one to be $10 and under. It shouldn't be that long of a wait.

Wicasawakan 01-28-2013 10:00 AM

XP? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmageek (Post 57181976)
Not trying to be a jerk, but it does say in the description Windows Vista & 7. Does anyone know if there are issues with Windows 8?

If you still have XP, stick to Counterstrike. Don't even look at the newer games. XP? Really? Any PC gamer knows they have to upgade eventually and XP is so old that I can't believe someone would even mention it in a b!+ch post. Sorry but I agree with the other guy. If you can't ready the specs, stick to the old games.

Wicasawakan 01-28-2013 10:08 AM

For ATI people
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHeston (Post 57186000)
Turn down the AA. I did and my 480 GTX does fine. With AA on I was getting like 12-14 FPS with it low (like 2x) I was clearing well over 30 in the benchmark. I'd take less AA for other settings being higher any day. I think the rest of my settings were on high/max.



Oh I would be disappointed if I played it on 7-8 year old hardware (like ps3 or 360). ;)

My xbox hasn't been turned on in months, and even then it was to play some WMVHD movies for some kids at a family Christmas party.


I have a laptop with a Radeon 6370 card. Not the best card out there but it ran it fine in high settings.

salviadog 01-28-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicasawakan (Post 57186408)
If you still have XP, stick to Counterstrike. Don't even look at the newer games. XP? Really? Any PC gamer knows they have to upgade eventually and XP is so old that I can't believe someone would even mention it in a b!+ch post. Sorry but I agree with the other guy. If you can't ready the specs, stick to the old games.

XP is still a great operating system, I still have it on one of my PCs. This is the first I have heard of a game not running on XP. I think you guys are giving him too much grief. He basically only said that it doesn't run on XP.

Wicasawakan 01-28-2013 10:14 AM

I'm sorry it's a ATI Radeon 6520. It still runs great, looks great (except the dev's character animations sometimes).
I thought it had very few bugs that weren't bad bugs and it gives you plenty of chances to take out a target in unique ways.

Powerzzz 01-28-2013 10:25 AM

fantastic game and well worth the price, at this price you can not go wrong.


Also worth noting, Sleeping dogs is on sale today too, $9.99 on both steam and amazon.

BearKSBR 01-28-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticrawl (Post 57181598)
Don't listen to this guy, IO Interactive did a fantastic job with Hitman Absolution. I was weary knowing the title was coming from IO Interactive, the same guys responsible for Kan & Lynch 1&2 and Hitman: Blood Money (3 terrible terrible games) - but those fears were put to bed with the fresh take on the traditional Hitman gameplay we all grew up loving.

The one drawback for this game on PC it is really a system resource hog. I'm running a 670GTX with a 3570k and it still chokes at max settings. So be mindful if you're running a system close to the minimum spectrum.

I have the same setup (GTX 670 and the 3570k overclocked to 4.5Ghz), and once I lowered the shadowing and AA it runs at 5760x1080 at 55-60fps even with texturing maxed. Game looks amazing and I had a good time playing the game. Small objectives like completely different kills on the targets made it want to play through certain levels a few times. I thought it was worth $40 personally that I bought it for. It looks a lot better than the xbox 360 version that my brother has. I would recommend it on the PC with a decent setup and at $16.

youra6 01-28-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doema (Post 57184876)
How come?

Blood Money= large open levels, story unravels base on how you choose to play. (quiet assassin versus trigger-happy maniac for example)

Absolution= Forced along certain outcomes regardless if you play the game. Autosave via checkpoints (god I hate autosave).

coronakid 01-28-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6 (Post 57187836)
Blood Money= large open levels, story unravels base on how you choose to play. (quiet assassin versus trigger-happy maniac for example)

Absolution= Forced along certain outcomes regardless if you play the game. Autosave via checkpoints (god I hate autosave).

Autosave for me is sometimes a love/hate relationship. There are still times where I forget to save and it is nice knowing that I won't have to replay too much to get back to where I was.

PeteyTheStriker 01-28-2013 11:03 AM

Im on the fence the game looks good, but I just dont know. Kind of annoyed i missed the $30 skyrim deal on steam the other day... Still need to find BL2 for a good price. Not to mention a lot of dota 2 lately has been keeping me occupied.

CHeston 01-28-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicasawakan (Post 57186636)
I have a laptop with a Radeon 6370 card. Not the best card out there but it ran it fine in high settings.

Yeah maybe ab 800 x 600 resolution.

I wouldn't bother to play it on my Geforce 9800 GTS laptop and its two full classes above your laptop's graphics. http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-...970.0.html

In your case, sadly, you may be better off with a 360.

youra6 01-28-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coronakid (Post 57188014)
Autosave for me is sometimes a love/hate relationship. There are still times where I forget to save and it is nice knowing that I won't have to replay too much to get back to where I was.

Best of both worlds= Save + auto save feature w/option to turn auto save off

buddybd 01-28-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmageek (Post 57181976)
Not trying to be a jerk, but it does say in the description Windows Vista & 7. Does anyone know if there are issues with Windows 8?

Works fine on Windows 8, recent patch improved performance too. But don't expect to max it out with full AA without a multi-GPU system.

Dwayne.M1983 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmach460 (Post 57175112)
Make sure you select PC DOWNLOAD

$16.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...sin_detail


I've been around for a while just decided to signup today, Anyway Absolution is a great game and it has tons of replay value if your a perfectionist like me and what to earn shadow or silent assassin on every mission plus killing the targets in every way possible. I plan to do a second play through on hard soon, after i finish a few other steam games i picked up on sale.

pinoyattrouble 01-28-2013 01:45 PM

Great game. Great price!

Just d/l'd it and i'm enjoying it

SouthernFried 01-28-2013 02:13 PM

In for one, bought this and the dlc on Steam.

RyanL 01-28-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicasawakan (Post 57186408)
If you still have XP, stick to Counterstrike. Don't even look at the newer games. XP? Really? Any PC gamer knows they have to upgade eventually and XP is so old that I can't believe someone would even mention it in a b!+ch post. Sorry but I agree with the other guy. If you can't ready the specs, stick to the old games.

What kind of of b!+ch post is yours? Wow, what a way to be helpful and informative. If his OS still works for him, why upgrade? I stuck with xp for a good while and the only game that I came across that didn't work for me was Just Cause 2. Other than that, most games that I bought at the time said Vista/7 compatible. Just because they don't have it listed doesn't mean that it wont work, but I suspect he's going to find more and more games to give him trouble in the days to come if he doesn't upgrade. He may have his own reasons for not wanting to upgrade. Maybe he has some important equipment or software that isn't compatible with Vista, 7, or 8. There's more things to do on a PC besides gaming. Off the top of my head, I have some higher end sound cards and MIDI equipment that refuses to work with anything beyond xp. It doesn't mean that it's crap.

Oh and next time you try to reply and quote a message douchebag, quote the correct one. The one you quoted was a dude asking about windows 8 compatibility. Unbelievable!

Edit: I just noticed what you mentioned about you system specs in your other post. Wow, I mean WOW! Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. As you were saying to the other guy (or should I say trying to say to the other guy, but quoted the wrong one): If you can't read the specs, stick to the old games. Looks like it's Counterstrike for you.

jbmach460 01-28-2013 03:48 PM

Hitman: Blood Money for the PC is also matched to Steam's sale.

$2.49

http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Bloo...lood+money

Activates via Steam

FullTiltBoogie 01-28-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHeston (Post 57186000)
Oh I would be disappointed if I played it on 7-8 year old hardware (like ps3 or 360). ;)

My xbox hasn't been turned on in months, and even then it was to play some WMVHD movies for some kids at a family Christmas party.

Touche.... however it does not affect the storyline or gameplay and it actually looks very good. IMHO convenience of playing with the controller on the TV with surround sound trumps playing at the desk with superior graphics.

My only regret is not having iracing on the PS3. I loved that game while I still had a desktop. Maybe one day I'll put one together for that specific purpose but it will be in my living room.

mrjrmy 01-28-2013 05:19 PM

I'm getting $49.99 on Amazon and $40.19 on Steam. Am I missing something or is the deal dead?

Definitely a slickdeal for a game that's been out for less than 3 months.

Thanks.

domeski 01-28-2013 06:48 PM

looks dead to me

patrickh222 01-28-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicasawakan (Post 57186408)
If you still have XP, stick to Counterstrike. Don't even look at the newer games. XP? Really? Any PC gamer knows they have to upgade eventually and XP is so old that I can't believe someone would even mention it in a b!+ch post. Sorry but I agree with the other guy. If you can't ready the specs, stick to the old games.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? :lol: All the games I've bought in the past year run on XP fine. Walking Dead and Max Payne 3 to name a few.

My post was by no means a "b1tch post". All I did was point out that I purchased the game and was surprised it didn't support XP. Get lost if you're going to try and rip on people for the OS they use.

maxim730 01-28-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coronakid (Post 57186394)
With my current backlog of Steam games I just wait for this one to be $10 and under. It shouldn't be that long of a wait.

My reasoning as well! Currently on Alan Wake and Walking Dead (~$7 each).

silverbadge 01-28-2013 09:30 PM

I am not seeing it for the above prices???? Any ideas?

JasAce 01-28-2013 09:32 PM

Yeah this was well worth the $27.50 I paid right before it came out. If you are a fan of the series you will not be disappointed at all. If you know anything about high end graphics gaming then your smart enough to know how to tweak your video settings to run this game with no hitches. $16.99 is a killer deal for this game!

tcprime 01-28-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joogle (Post 57184926)
how in the world are you still on XP?

XP was one of the most stable OS's that M$ delivered. The 64bit version was a red-headed stepchild.

I'd still choose XP over Win 7 any day (if Linux wasn't a choice). XP from an OS standpoint is pretty reliable. I'd be surprised if many of us do not run an XP virtual machine these days (and no, not running some programs in 32bit mode or something like that).

CHeston 01-28-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabel (Post 57196842)
Touche.... however it does not affect the storyline or gameplay and it actually looks very good. IMHO convenience of playing with the controller on the TV with surround sound trumps playing at the desk with superior graphics.

My only regret is not having iracing on the PS3. I loved that game while I still had a desktop. Maybe one day I'll put one together for that specific purpose but it will be in my living room.

It takes about 30 seconds to ouput any modern PC with HDMI to an HDTV/Surround system and about 10 more seconds to hook up my USB wireless adapter to my PC to use my 360 controller, that is IF i choose the inferior control scheme. I only use controller for some action games like Batman Arkham City. FPS has to be Keyboard/Mouse and I have my little Logitech wireless keyboard and couch mouse that cost all of $20 each and work better than a controller for any shooter or RPG.

hardin71 01-29-2013 05:31 AM

Awesome game!

Wicasawakan 01-29-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickh222 (Post 57199532)
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? :lol: All the games I've bought in the past year run on XP fine. Walking Dead and Max Payne 3 to name a few.

My post was by no means a "b1tch post". All I did was point out that I purchased the game and was surprised it didn't support XP. Get lost if you're going to try and rip on people for the OS they use.

Walking dead? It's a graphic cartoon in a game form so it takes limited specs. Max Payne 3? No need to start on that games low specs required. You are posting on a game that right off the bat had high requirements. Walking Dead and Payne didn't. The people saying you need a better OS are right or stick to games that can be played on an iPhone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcprime (Post 57202752)
XP was one of the most stable OS's that M$ delivered. The 64bit version was a red-headed stepchild.

I'd still choose XP over Win 7 any day (if Linux wasn't a choice). XP from an OS standpoint is pretty reliable. I'd be surprised if many of us do not run an XP virtual machine these days (and no, not running some programs in 32bit mode or something like that).

YOU said it yourself..WAS one of the most stable. Even if you got 7, you could at least play todays high-end games.

Wicasawakan 01-29-2013 08:12 AM

Dead deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjrmy (Post 57197638)
I'm getting $49.99 on Amazon and $40.19 on Steam. Am I missing something or is the deal dead?

Definitely a slickdeal for a game that's been out for less than 3 months.

Thanks.

Yeah Dead Deal.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.