Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Movie Tickets ~45% Off (http://slickdeals.net/f/5829486-movie-tickets-45-off)

SStevens72 01-30-2013 08:29 AM

Movie Tickets ~45% Off

1 Attachment(s)
This site has movie tickets at almost 45% off, but you need to pay the convenience fee's.

I bought and they sent me a Fandango link, which shows the tickets cost more.

It's kind of a pain because you have to order a day in advance as well. But I feel I get ripped off less at the theater.

http://usmovietix.com

coupon code: 400

Edit: For people who want to stock up on vouchers, I believe geicoprivileges.com has the best prices. This is good for people who want to get 3D or imax tickets.

Edit: There is a 50% off coupon code: 450

wikipost 01-30-2013 08:29 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Coupon code for 50% off is '450' without the quotes.

janusman 01-30-2013 08:38 AM

Not a bad deal if you are looking to book in advance..

PhxGuy602 01-30-2013 08:42 AM

Looks like code 8333 gets you 50% off. I didn't complete the order, but it appeared to work.

sat9090 01-30-2013 08:46 AM

For location which already charge like $11-$11.50 this would more less after out around $8.50..which is again similar to Costco vouchers. But again not all have Costco vouchers so for them its decent price saving like $3 buck a ticket

Without convenience charge would have been a better deal..

Btw as mentioned 8333 is getting more discount compared to 400
How are you all getting this codes??

SStevens72 01-30-2013 08:48 AM

I'm not using this for the ones I can use vouchers for, just using it for imax, and 3d. With vouchers, I think getting it at geicoprivileges.com is a better deal.

slickydealsckw 01-30-2013 10:21 AM

You can get movie tickets through Costco?

ntnwwnet 01-30-2013 10:23 AM

They apply a $2.50 convenience charge. Which, for the ticket I tested it on, only saved me $1.

landcsf 01-30-2013 10:33 AM

Sub-Total: $23.00
Coupon(8333): $-11.50
Convenience Fee: $4.00
Total: $15.50

Not bad, thanks !

Bootes 01-30-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickydealsckw (Post 57241788)

You can buy discounted gift certificates at Costco. Basically a pass worth like 2 movie tickets that costs less than buying the tickets at the theater.

RandallDeals 01-30-2013 11:08 AM

Interesting... Small savings though.

orangearrows 01-30-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhxGuy602 (Post 57238932)
Looks like code 8333 gets you 50% off. I didn't complete the order, but it appeared to work.

thanks , that worked

mo.karney 01-30-2013 11:25 AM

Fandango is better especially if you use AMC Stubs card to waive the Fandango fee AND get credit for free food....

orangearrows 01-30-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57243444)
Fandango is better especially if you use AMC Stubs card to waive the Fandango fee AND get credit for free food....

You can add the stubs card here too. This works much better since you get stubs rewards + the 50% discount on the ticket price.

OverlordQ 01-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangearrows (Post 57243626)
You can add the stubs card here too. This works much better since you get stubs rewards + the 50% discount on the ticket price.

From their site:

Quote:

3 - Convenience fee will not be waived by AMC stubs Card and for all other programs credit of rewards is not guarantee

pall79 01-30-2013 11:45 AM

Nice ..

maramos 01-30-2013 11:56 AM

A lot of these sites are set up by criminals as an easy way to quickly convert stolen credit cards to cash.

mo.karney 01-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangearrows (Post 57243626)

the convinience fee is not waived so you are still paying $2.50 more.... I get fandango codes for less $4 or $5 for a pair of tickets.

taiwan 01-30-2013 11:58 AM

Be ware of the companies that launder money or steal your credit card with movie discount. This is a very popular scheme because it's very easy to get set up as fandango dealer. I used a site called halfpricemovietickets.com. I believe you can search SD for such site. Look what happened to it now when you try to go to the site. I used a brand new credit card and it ended up triggering the fraud protection department shortly.

taiwan 01-30-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57243444)

$10 credit for every $100 can be used on movie tickets too. But the fee isn't waived for Regal card member on Fandango. I guess Regal wants you to buy ticket outside Fandango.

mrkk 01-30-2013 12:10 PM

how does amc stub card thingy works? can I share it with buddy to save on fees?

mo.karney 01-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkk (Post 57244718)
how does amc stub card thingy works? can I share it with buddy to save on fees?

Yes you can share it but you can only use the card at one location in a given day.

ongolebull 01-30-2013 12:33 PM

better buy from costco for $15 2 tickets

jamestren 01-30-2013 01:20 PM

I agree with the warnings here. First company I have ever seen with this requirement under payment:

Credit Card: * Please DO NOT use Virtual/Temporary Card your order will not process

dizzie 01-30-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamestren (Post 57246810)
I agree with the warnings here. First company I have ever seen with this requirement under payment:

Credit Card: * Please DO NOT use Virtual/Temporary Card your order will not process

Red flag indeed... Nice find.

taiwan 01-30-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

The funny thing is those cards probably will work too. I highly doubt the system will reject them. But in the past I've always used one of those visa prepaid card that I received from rebate. I don't think the system is smart enough to know if a card is a prepaid or credit card.

I haven't checked, but these companies are almost always based in China. The criminals buy crazy amount of certificates from Fandango at more than 50% off. So they are making money selling the movie tickets cheap while making the money legit. This is one business where the business will make money and consumers will save a lot. But problem is they will sell your credit card info to criminals. After I used halfpricemovietickets.com, my card was charged in Israel. I couldn't pin point it back to halfpricemovietickets.com. But when I received a new card I used it on the site again and nothing else. And the new card was charged somewhere in South Africa shortly.

It's not worth it to save a few bucks just to get your credit card stolen by criminals.

orangearrows 01-30-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57244382)
the convinience fee is not waived so you are still paying $2.50 more.... I get fandango codes for less $4 or $5 for a pair of tickets.

Where?

Mr.Lennon 01-30-2013 02:30 PM

www.way.com has never done me wrong.

Regular Movies (Not 3D or IMAX) - US $8.99
3D and RPX Movies - US $11.99
IMAX, IMAX + 3D, Special Event Movie - US $12.99

mo.karney 01-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangearrows (Post 57248570)
Where?

a place....

Humvee21 01-30-2013 02:42 PM

Ordered at 4:31PM and now it's 5:42PM. It says may take up to 1 hour... Am I just being impatient?

dabears2k 01-30-2013 03:14 PM

used perfectly for my Top Gun 3D Imax

CriticalCritic 01-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzie (Post 57247488)
Red flag indeed... Nice find.

I don't understand?

What's wrong with some new and unknown online merchant making sure that, during your single purchase, there is no low restricted limit on your card that insulates you from the large-scale loss that might be suffered through a debit or cred... ooooooooh :lmao:

ilbknownas1 01-30-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Good call.
Quote:

Originally Posted by taiwan (Post 57244420)
Be ware of the companies that launder money or steal your credit card with movie discount. This is a very popular scheme because it's very easy to get set up as fandango dealer. I used a site called halfpricemovietickets.com. I believe you can search SD for such site. Look what happened to it now when you try to go to the site. I used a brand new credit card and it ended up triggering the fraud protection department shortly.

This is seemingly one of those sites as well, Good info.

I would NOT use this site, its server is based in US but its an Afghanistan run site, most likely will sell your CC info.

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/usmovietix.com

hbsjr 01-30-2013 05:23 PM

I don't see this a slick deal.. Costco ticket is about $8.50 for regular screening

this one is:

Sub-Total: $12.50
Coupon(8333): $-6.25
Convenience Fee: $2.00
Total: $8.25

but this one is slick for iMax 3D!

Sub-Total: $19.00
Coupon(8333): $-9.50
Convenience Fee: $2.00
Total: $11.50

executivedealer 01-30-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilbknownas1 (Post 57251712)
Good call.

This is seemingly one of those sites as well, Good info.

I would NOT use this site, its server is based in US but its an Afghanistan run site, most likely will sell your CC info.

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/usmovietix.com

Where exactly do you see it Afghanistan, unless you consider Utah, Afghanistan

Humvee21 01-30-2013 05:53 PM

Still no confirmation number email 4 hours and 22 minutes later. I'll check back tomorrow.

Humvee21 01-30-2013 07:04 PM

Got my confirmation numbers. Hopefully they work at the movies tomorrow night.

Devistater 01-30-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickydealsckw (Post 57241788)

Yeah. My costco is about $8.50 for each movie ticket (they only sell them in pairs). My matinee is about $9 and my normal movie price is about $12. So its less regardless. And they are unlimited passes, so no restrictions for 2 weeks or crap like that that you often get with passes.

HOWEVER, you generally have to pay the theater an extra fee for a 3d or imax movie.

davieslee 01-30-2013 07:40 PM

Well, I like it. The less price is worth to book in advance. Of course if you aren't so hurry to enjoy the movie.

Al Green 01-30-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStevens72 (Post 57238614)
Edit: For people who want to stock up on vouchers, I believe geicoprivileges.com has the best prices. This is good for people who want to get 3D or imax tickets.

So that I learn, a regular movie from usmovietix is $7.75 and the same AMC Silver pass for regular movie from geicoprivileges is $7.5 which you need to wait for it to ship and theater may enforce it that you need to come back after the second week of the movie. Is it other theaters in geicoprivileges which have cheaper tickets?
Indeed usmovietix is good for IMAX, $18.5 ticket goes for $11.25.
Great find and thanks for posting.

abranjan 01-30-2013 08:26 PM

I booked, but seems will have to watch my cc usage!

BillyF9408 01-30-2013 08:37 PM

Hi Slickdeals,

My name is Billy, I work for EBayer Group Inc., which is the parent company of usmovietix.com and vipmovieticket.com. We are based in Miami, Florida, NOT in Afghanistan. You will NOT experience any unauthorized credit card charges because of the use of our website. Everything is protected with an SSL certificate at checkout, and we are fully PCI compliant.

We realize that some members here have a problem with the restriction of virtual credit cards, so we have followed your advice and taken off that restriction. You may now place an order with Virtual Credit cards.

All our movie tickets are obtained legally. We negotiate bulk rates with movie theaters, buying minimum quantities, and passing on savings. We don't only use Fandango, our network is far larger. We have been selling movie tickets for a long time, and are expanding that part of our business. We are not going anywhere.

For members of this website, we are providing a 50% off coupon code: '450' without the quotes.

Also, please add this to the first post.

**Restrictions: *
* Order must be placed one(1) day in advance - confirmation of the booked tickets will be delivered overnight
* Use of AMC Stubs # does not waive the convenience fee. Use of the rewards card does not guarantee credit of points. (sometimes the deals we work do not allow that).
For Details, please see: http://usmovietix.com/index.php?r...ation_id=9
*For information on Refunds and exchanges please visit: http://usmovietix.com/index.php?r...ation_id=7

Sorry if this is advertising, but I saw that we were getting a large amount of orders from this website, and wanted to clear up any confusion, as well as give members of this site a special code, as I know you guys always look for the best prices.

busdepot 01-31-2013 05:41 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Now I don't have to delete the bookmark I made before reading the ominous posts.

slickydealsckw 01-31-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devistater (Post 57254694)
Yeah. My costco is about $8.50 for each movie ticket (they only sell them in pairs). My matinee is about $9 and my normal movie price is about $12. So its less regardless. And they are unlimited passes, so no restrictions for 2 weeks or crap like that that you often get with passes.

HOWEVER, you generally have to pay the theater an extra fee for a 3d or imax movie.

Got it. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

vuralc 01-31-2013 09:58 AM

I can't believe you are sending your credit card information on an un-encrypted site!

dizzie 02-01-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyF9408 (Post 57255836)
Hi Slickdeals,

My name is Billy, I work for EBayer Group Inc., which is the parent company of usmovietix.com and vipmovieticket.com. We are based in Miami, Florida...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/...QvTnr9EHPs

James1221 02-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyF9408 (Post 57255836)
Hi Slickdeals,

My name is Billy, I work for EBayer Group Inc., which is the parent company of usmovietix.com and vipmovieticket.com. We are based in Miami, Florida, NOT in Afghanistan. You will NOT experience any unauthorized credit card charges because of the use of our website. Everything is protected with an SSL certificate at checkout, and we are fully PCI compliant.

We realize that some members here have a problem with the restriction of virtual credit cards, so we have followed your advice and taken off that restriction. You may now place an order with Virtual Credit cards.

All our movie tickets are obtained legally. We negotiate bulk rates with movie theaters, buying minimum quantities, and passing on savings. We don't only use Fandango, our network is far larger. We have been selling movie tickets for a long time, and are expanding that part of our business. We are not going anywhere.

For members of this website, we are providing a 50% off coupon code: '450' without the quotes.

Also, please add this to the first post.

**Restrictions: *
* Order must be placed one(1) day in advance - confirmation of the booked tickets will be delivered overnight
* Use of AMC Stubs # does not waive the convenience fee. Use of the rewards card does not guarantee credit of points. (sometimes the deals we work do not allow that).
For Details, please see: http://usmovietix.com/index.php?r...ation_id=9
*For information on Refunds and exchanges please visit: http://usmovietix.com/index.php?r...ation_id=7

Sorry if this is advertising, but I saw that we were getting a large amount of orders from this website, and wanted to clear up any confusion, as well as give members of this site a special code, as I know you guys always look for the best prices.

Could you add PayPal as well for checkout? Customers would have much more confidence in buying the tickets with it.

esquire415 02-02-2013 10:48 PM

You have to buy the tickets a day in advance @ USMOVIETIX?! In this day and age, why can't they just email you the tickets that you can print out so you can buy the tickets the same day (just like other deal sites). If you want to buy the tickets for a Sunday showing, then you're SOL.

superm1 02-06-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James1221 (Post 57319980)
Could you add PayPal as well for checkout? Customers would have much more confidence in buying the tickets with it.

I was curious about this and tried to make a purchase myself.

The site did not use SSL for the purchase. Additionally if you log in, it shows your CC number in plain text on the individual order.

It saved me a few bucks compared to what I would have spent retail with the coupon, but I really don't feel comfortable with this site in the future.

superm1 02-06-2013 02:51 PM

Actually i'm even further less trusting of this site.

Look at the FAQ from the old halfpricetix:

http://88.80.0.6/FAQ.php

It's nearly identical to the FAQ on this site.

http://usmovietix.com/index.php?r...tion_id=10

Play3rtwo 02-06-2013 03:20 PM

what is waiting list #6 mean?

mstudlee 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

I just buy my tickets in groups of 50 directly from Regal:
Regal Corporate Sales [corporateboxoffice.com]
The tickets never expire. The last bunch I bought they were $7.00 each. Now, I see the price has gone up to $8.00.

Play3rtwo 02-06-2013 07:57 PM

my ticket worked but i also just cancelled my card (it was a prepaid debit) anyway to be safe.

jp1234 02-06-2013 08:05 PM

This is a SCAM. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. The tickets are purchased with stolen CCs and your CC will get stolen as well. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

dvrvarma 02-06-2013 08:11 PM

Did any one buy tickets ? Whats the experience ? I assume we can buy with prepaid cards.

superm1 02-07-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvrvarma (Post 57419770)
Did any one buy tickets ? Whats the experience ? I assume we can buy with prepaid cards.

You search for the movie, find it, put how many you want and the coupon code in. You put in the CC and then they email you that the trans is in progress. An hour or two later you get emailed a fandango confirmation number. I haven't actually tried to use the fandango conf # yet (movie is tomorrow). Once I go and pick up the tickets i'm going to cancel the card and get a new one. I don't trust this site for anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp1234 (Post 57419646)
This is a SCAM. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. The tickets are purchased with stolen CCs and your CC will get stolen as well. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

I have every intention of replacing this CC tomorrow now.

lawyeron 03-10-2013 02:09 PM

I used this service. After fees I saved 35% on a 3d movie "Oz".

I used it on a credit card I don't use anything else on. If the card gets hacked I will simply call the credit card company, dispute the charges and cancel the card. But they've been around for a few months so I really don't see that happening.

This will have to do until I get my buy one get one free Signature visa special. However, it appears fandango does not let you "credit off" their transaction fee when you use a fandango gift code.

drayn 03-26-2013 04:29 PM

well it's a little late in a reply but as a guy who have used these guys for literally over a year I'll add my 2 cents.

are they doing something shady? I don't know and since they use to always take paypal I wasn't really at risk.

Have I always gotten my ticket? Yes each and every time but it use to be that they require a minimum of 4-6 hours to buy your tickets but if you need it sooner you only need to text them before hand to see if they are available to make the purchase. it seems at the time they manually bought the ticket so someone had to be around to make the purchase through their system. They of course automated it but the process seem to break often so they still needed time to send you your ticket. I assume they're serving more customers now so they require 1 day.

Have I ever had problems with the ticket? Sort of, They use to only send you the fandango confirmation code so I used that at a kiosk to get my ticket but whenever the kiosk breaks I'd have to get it at the box office but sometimes they would ask to see the credit card use to make the purchase but since I bought it with paypal I didn't have one. So I would call them on the phone and they would give whatever information needed by the box office and I'd get my tickets

Now granted all this seemed a little hokey to me at first but I assume they're just starting out and didn't have it all figured out yet. Now they seems to have it a little more streamlined but I guess not entirely there yet. since they've always been helpful and courteous to me I don't feel they're out to screw me but back then since they didn't have it all together yet I didn't want to risk using my credit card just in case someone hacks their system or if they were careless with my info but since I'm a member of moviepass for $20 a month I haven't used their service since.

FanAntiFraud 04-11-2013 02:53 PM

Hello,

Fandango anti-fraud department here (have a mod check my IP for verification). Usmovietix.com and vipmovieticket.com are 100% fraud sites. You place an order with them using your CC and they use a stolen CC to buy tickets from me and pocket your money. If you don't frequent their site they WILL use your CC to purchase future tickets for their next "customers" in about 60 days. If I see them purchase tickets, I will cancel them. And, regarding their Paypal situation, they can't add it because we already had Paypal take care of that for the money laundering issue. Hope this clears it up!

Good luck!

~Fandango

ilbknownas1 04-11-2013 03:10 PM

Knew it^
Ya all should of just heeded the warnings instead of saving $2.