Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Wii U Consoles: Basic $245 ($257 non-members), Deluxe $300 ($315 non-members) + Free shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5832064-wii-u-consoles-basic-245-257-non-members-deluxe-300-315-non-members-free-shipping)

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 11:36 AM

Wii U Consoles: Basic $245 ($257 non-members), Deluxe $300 ($315 non-members) + Free shipping

2 Attachment(s)
Another sign that this thing isn't selling, but it might sell few more units at this price. :lol:

Basic [costco.com]

Deluxe [costco.com]

I might have to jump myself so that I can play Ninja Gaiden 3 RE and upcoming Bayonetta 2. Damn you Nintendo for hogging those 2 for yourself. :\

iconian 01-31-2013 11:36 AM

Wii U Consoles: Basic $245 ($257 non-members), Deluxe $300 ($315 non-members) + Free shipping

2 Attachment(s)
CostCo has Wii U Consoles on sale. Shipping is free. Non-members have 5% surcharge. Thanks MPoWeRM3Price Research: Our research indicates that WII u Basic is $55 lower (18% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $300 - iconian

Price Research: Our research indicates that WII u Deluxe is $60 lower (17% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $360 - iconian

wikipost 01-31-2013 11:36 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

No non-member charge fee if you live in California :)

You can price-match to Staples Online if you need to avoid the non-member fee by calling them. Costco is a competitor they price-match over the internet.

Price changed as of 2/3/13
32gb deluxe - $339.99
8gb - $289.99

webculb 01-31-2013 11:40 AM

Great price if you are interested in getting one.

NoBantheSnowman 01-31-2013 11:40 AM

price match with bb to use your reward certs

SoDoubleOGGood 01-31-2013 11:41 AM

Damn. It's a damn shame this system has barely any games for it. I've had since launch day one and LOVE it, but at this point Lego City won't be released for another two months and the release schedule doesn't have anything else I want. I've actually been jonesing to get a new PS3. (But can't seem to find any decent deals a la Black Friday)

Great system, we just need a larger game library :(

Scenttii 01-31-2013 11:42 AM

A part of me wants this for Rayman Legends,but the smarter part of me knows to wait until there are a decent selection of games before picking it up.

Mixmode 01-31-2013 11:44 AM

Rayman Legends demo is pretty awesome. Def gonna pick that up.

In the mean time I'll keep handing loser cards out on Sonic & Sega All Stars racing Transformed online.

bc_boston 01-31-2013 11:45 AM

Holy cow that was fast. Sorry to say I paid over $400 pre-Christmas for the Deluxe :(

Nintendo put in a bunch of things to mess up mods, even mods of the Wii emulation mod so I expect to see the deluxe selling for < $200 this Christmas.

Just not enough games lined up for it and it's way too slow.

trip1eX 01-31-2013 11:54 AM

Maybe I should return my launch day system. Still under the 90 day return policy at Target.

gkwong 01-31-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 57270608)
Maybe I should return my launch day system. Still under the 90 day return policy at Target.

my launch day target receipts say the systems have to be returned by 1/24 (last week).

FW_Lurker 01-31-2013 12:00 PM

No games. Will buy it when Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, and Xenoblade come out. Until then, it's like the Wii. Barely any 3rd party support.

paul.unsbee 01-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FW_Lurker (Post 57270822)
No games. Will buy it when Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, and Xenoblade come out. Until then, it's like the Wii. Barely any 3rd party support.

If your not a costco member the deal is less sweet as you have to pay a $15 non-member surcharge.

baphomet58 01-31-2013 12:02 PM

wooo die nintendo. you might have created the gaming industry, but you're also slowly killing it.

Firebird 01-31-2013 12:02 PM

strange, nintendo announced yesterday that they would not lower their price for the wii u because it is selling good.

this is a really good deal for those who dont have a next generation console yet

mig0 01-31-2013 12:03 PM

Thinking of getting one but I have a couple of questions.

- Internal HDD to upgrade?
- Do you have a nintendo account like with PSN or Xbox Live?
- Are downloaded games tied to the console like with the Wii? Still bitter over losing $40 in games (excitebike, dr mario) when I got rid of my Wii.

geost 01-31-2013 12:05 PM

good deal eh? Hmmm...I dunno. Doesn't look like there's much of any good games. But then again, I only have about 4 Wii games...heh.

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mig0 (Post 57270948)
Thinking of getting one but I have a couple of questions.

- Internal HDD to upgrade?
- Do you have a nintendo account like with PSN or Xbox Live?
- Are downloaded games tied to the console like with the Wii? Still bitter over losing $40 in games (excitebike, dr mario) when I got rid of my Wii.

SD card, flash drive, or external hard drive are usable via USB connection.
Nintendo accounts are free (at least they got rid of the junky friend codes this time)
Still tie to console. (so stupid) As long as Nintendo continues to do business this way, I don't buy any digital contents from them. My money goes to XBLive/PSN for digital.

trip1eX 01-31-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkwong (Post 57270804)
my launch day target receipts say the systems have to be returned by 1/24 (last week).

Did you use the Red card?

bhazard 01-31-2013 12:09 PM

I'm gonna say its been a waste of money so far. Mario can only keep you entertained for so long, and unless its a blockbuster i must play, the days of $60 games are over.

ynr00 01-31-2013 12:12 PM

why amazon doesnt sell these

Stunner2xx 01-31-2013 12:12 PM

i was rather close to buying one but ended up getting it for my nephew instead. I thought it was overpriced and to pay $60 for ported games that are $40 on other systems sealed the deal on not purchasing it. It seems like so far this is the VISTA of gaming consoles

Dasmittyman 01-31-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 57270920)
strange, nintendo announced yesterday that they would not lower their price for the wii u because it is selling good.

this is a really good deal for those who dont have a next generation console yet

actually they said that it is selling a lot less than they had hoped for, but they were not going to lower the price of it like they did for the 3ds. They stand by saying that because of the 3rd party support(lack there of) and the buggy software is the reason why it isn't selling, and they hope by fixing these problems that it will sell well.

Source : http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/3...price-dro/

1Lumpsum2 01-31-2013 12:13 PM

When the Deluxe gets to $249 with no tax and free shipping from somewhere.....and it will, I'll bite.

Blade2000 01-31-2013 12:15 PM

This console is already dying. No games, no interest. Bargain bins soon.

raviadso1 01-31-2013 12:15 PM

I'm avoiding this console right now. There are a lot of AAA titles that are avoiding the WiiU and coming out on consoles I currently own. Even with fantastic games on the Wii, I feel like I didn't get my money's worth. Mario and Link are awesome, but once I finished those, the Wii gathered dust. With new PS4/360-2s coming out with potentially more powerful hardware, I could see this console generation going like the last except the WiiU never getting off the ground.

Nothing worse than spending $300 on a console and seeing all the software dry up to the point it's not even worth a TV input. A console that doesn't get used is a waste of money and not a slickdeal, no matter how cheap.

airblade 01-31-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Lumpsum2 (Post 57271234)
When the Deluxe gets to $249 with no tax and free shipping from somewhere.....and it will, I'll bite.

I'm with you.

mooey 01-31-2013 12:17 PM

Gonna wait until March for the MH:U launch then probably buy this.
Before that there really isn't anything remotely interesting.

Asryn 01-31-2013 12:18 PM

Im probably going to skip this system all together. The new Marios and Zeldas just arent interesting or fun anymore. With the new Xbox and Playstations coming out right around the corner I have next to no interest in the Wii U

Firebird 01-31-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57271372)
Im probably going to skip this system all together. The new Marios and Zeldas just arent interesting or fun anymore. With the new Xbox and Playstations coming out right around the corner I have next to no interest in the Wii U

ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES U is coming out soon!

i scored a preorder using the best buy $50 off $100 coupon :)

Asryn 01-31-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 57271434)
ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES U is coming out soon!

Its coming out on PC 360 and PS3 too...

jlkeeton 01-31-2013 12:21 PM

Smells of a price mistake - hopefully Costco honours these. If you look at the right side of "People Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" you can see the Basic set is 294.99$ (or 344.99$ for Deluxe if viewing Basic).

This is the price it should have been all along at launch IMO. I would have jumped on this had I not just grabbed it from Target. That was a bundle with NSMBU for 384$ that went down to 379$. They adjusted it and even gave me an extra 5$ on top - all said 377$ out the door with 5% discount and tax. That washed out with this one since I would have purchased NSMBU anyway and tax would've brought both up to the same price.

Good deal. Thanks OP!

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 12:22 PM

The problem with this system not selling is because it really brings nothing new to gaming. Gimmick or not, its predecessor was a new take on gaming. Even though it had last gen hardware specs, it still sold like hot cakes. Nintendo is trying the same thing again with Wii U, with last gen hardware but not much innovation this time and wants more money, that just doesn't work when there are two well establish machines that cost less but perform the same.

Salgat 01-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baphomet58 (Post 57270890)
wooo die nintendo. you might have created the gaming industry, but you're also slowly killing it.

It has sold 25% better than the 360 did at release in the same amount of time, and the Wii U have a much better release library in comparison. On top of that they have yet to release all their 1st party mega hits like Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, etc. They are fine.

watkinswillie 01-31-2013 12:37 PM

lol...Is this where we really are w/ this system now? SMH.....I am so happy I didn't grab one of these joints!

Milkwasabadchoice 01-31-2013 12:43 PM

I don't understand how the people at Nintendo think. Buy the basic edition and after a MASSIVE update of a terrible OS that takes literally all day, you are left with a paltry 3GB of hard drive space left, not even enough for many full game downloads. The "Deluxe" only has 32GB, and Assassin's Creed 3 is 17GB!!! Want to use an external drive? Sorry, you are limited to USB 2.0... WHAAAAAA???

In this day and age of massive amounts of digital content, I am not at all surprised that people are not willing to spend money on this system when it has such terrible specs. Terrible (4 hr) battery life on the gamepad that is limited to 30 ft range (bluetooth). Cumbersome and slow OS (5GB!!!). Nonexistent 3rd party support. DRM issues that are ridiculous. A game library of maybe 4 games worth playing that isn't changing any time soon. Wow, I will take a huge pass on this one guys. Maybe in a couple of years.

At least they got one thing right... It's finally a Wii in HD!!!

Hope that answers a few questions about the massive limitations of the current iteration of this system. Step your game up Nintendo!

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 12:43 PM

I think I'm going to get the basic just to play 2 games. One thing had me worried before was the GamePad controller. If it breaks after the warranty period, there's no firm method or price for a placement. Since this is from Costco, anything breaks in this system is covered lifetime.

D6E 01-31-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooey (Post 57271344)
Gonna wait until March for the MH:U launch then probably buy this.
Before that there really isn't anything remotely interesting.

MH3:U is just a VITA port with HD graphics. Hopefully they won't screw it up + plenty of people have been saying that this console is not worth the money and actual gamers have listened with their wallets. Nintendo is selling these AT A LOSS already so cutting the price would kill their bottom line.

quincyshadow 01-31-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57271498)
The problem with this system not selling is because it really brings nothing new to gaming. Gimmick or not, its predecessor was a new take on gaming. Even though it had last gen hardware specs, it still sold like hot cakes. Nintendo is trying the same thing again with Wii U, with last gen hardware but not much innovation this time and wants more money, that just doesn't work when there are two well establish machines that cost less but perform the same.

The question is why get Wii U when you can use your PC?

You could say get Xbox because of the good built in party system, chat, achievements, and ease of use.

You couldn't say that for Wii U. What is there? First party titles? SSB doesn't even have a release date and SSB has always been the top first party title in terms of number of players drawn to the system(s).

Then look at Xbox or PS3 which have way more first party titles, Xbox PS3 and PC all have tons of exclusive titles, mostly on PC.

It really does nothing new and does a lot of things worse than the consoles avaialble 10 years ago. So why buy it.

Edit: Also lol at lack of USB 3.0 in a brand new console release. Hopefully they at least got past the external HDD limit of 16GB that Microsoft has, although you can use any size internal HDD.

slickminnesota 01-31-2013 12:45 PM

Can someone explain to me why the Deluxe is more popular than the Basic? I have a basic and hook up an external TB HD to it, I had no interest in paying an extra $50 for Nintendo Land, I will just buy that game used for a couple bucks down the road.

As for the upcoming console war, I think Nintendo will be just fine. Microsoft will probably rush to get their system out for christmas (much like Nintendo did with Wii U) and Sony will probably wait for a 2014 release. Dont expect either to be cheaper than the $300 Wii U, and expect garunteed nickle and diming from both sony and microsoft on the online aspects, and possible nickel and diming on the Harddrive storage and a sticky situation when it comes to backward compatible PSN / Live software. Its cool to be looking forward to those systems (hell I cant wait for them both!) but they might not be what you have dreamed up inside your minds.

madmofo145 01-31-2013 12:47 PM

I wouldn't give up on the WiiU yet, it sounds like it's gearing up for a very nice E3, although yes it is in that really annoying post launch slump. People said the 3DS was doomed at this point after it's launch, but it has gone on to be Nintendo's fastest selling system yet, and it has a very nice lineup now. If Nintendo plays it right the WiiU will see some huge games released right as Sony and Microsoft release their next consoles, which will inevitably suffer the same kind of post launch slump.

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 12:48 PM

You guys have me on the fence. Not worth it for $342 shipped? Was thinking it could be fun to play with the mrs.

HotShotAzn 01-31-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhazard (Post 57271150)
the days of $60 games are over.

I hope so. Truth is, $60 is lower (minus inflation) than what prices were 15 to 20 years ago. I remember spending $25 on a freakin Kirby game for my Game Boy. I spent $40 (I think) on Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES...and that was in the mid 90's.

I always thought prices of games would actually go down as technology grows and lowers the barriers to entry. Look at CDs and DVDs. I remember spending $15+ on a CD 20 years ago. I understand that games are more complex now so more money is needed for the development.

dstppy 01-31-2013 12:51 PM

We got one at release; the only things that seemed sort of a ripoff were:
1) absence of controllers
2) What stops them from adding 3DS (non-3D) to the gamepad?

D6E 01-31-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 57272168)
You guys have me on the fence. Not worth it for $342 shipped? Was thinking it could be fun to play with the mrs.

$342 to play x2 good games? You''re better off buying a 3DS or building a decent PC (Steam always has sales). If you are a console gamer I would wait for the next gen console announcements (which have already been rumored) during E3.

slickfatty 01-31-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57271372)

I got the deluxe on launch, bought Mario with it. I don't think I got done with the first world yet, haven't touched it in over a month. By comparison, I finished NSMB2 on the 3DS, TWICE, because I missed one star on the title screen. I thought I'd be super excited to finally play Mario in proper HD graphics, but I wasn't.. I would have preferred a no gimmick console, no motion control, no tablet controller, just a regular console with decent graphical power and a regular gamepad. All the more maddening was I spent $50 on the Pro controller and it doesn't work with the 3 games that I have.

With their current digital downloads being tied to a single system, Nintendo simply can't compete with tablet and smartphone games for 0.99 and you can install it on every device you own. I've owned every Nintendo console (except Virtual Boy), sorry to say but I think Nintendo is a sinking ship.

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6E (Post 57272314)
$342 to play x2 good games? You'd be better off buying a 3DS or building a decent PC (Steam always has sales). If you are a console gamer I would wait for the next gen console announcement which have already been rumored and will be revealed@E3 2013.

For me the 360 or PS3 and their replacements are the logical choice. But for some (very casual gamers) the idea of wii bowling and such is much less intimidating. I guess I could try and find some easy to play xbox games...but the learning curve just seems so much shorter on the Wii. I'm just not sure what my wife and I would ever play together on the 360 though.

quincyshadow 01-31-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmofo145 (Post 57272160)
I wouldn't give up on the WiiU yet, it sounds like it's gearing up for a very nice E3, although yes it is in that really annoying post launch slump. People said the 3DS was doomed at this point after it's launch, but it has gone on to be Nintendo's fastest selling system yet, and it has a very nice lineup now. If Nintendo plays it right the WiiU will see some huge games released right as Sony and Microsoft release their next consoles, which will inevitably suffer the same kind of post launch slump.

Still lacking basic features from Xbox which have been there for like 7 years. XBOX LIVE is like the main reason anyone gets an Xbox. The Friends, parties, chat, and achievements. You get the xbox for xbox live and the ease of use on a TV while sitting on a couch.

Until Wii gets an Xbox live type system in place I'm avoiding it. It's sad that they have had this long and failed for this long. I loved Nintendo products but they are so far behind in technology.

deymayor 01-31-2013 12:56 PM

I say $199 for deluxe by Black Friday this year. These consoles are collecting dusts at every store.

einhander 01-31-2013 12:57 PM

Hm after Bon member tax and shipping it is another $50

Firebird 01-31-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57271458)
Its coming out on PC 360 and PS3 too...

aliens colonial marines will be released on other systems too, but what if someone doesnt have a gaming PC/xbox360/ps3? im sure theres a lot of people in that situation.

for me, the wii u is my only console. i actually came from PC gaming because i was tired of updating hardware every 2-3 years. during that time, i skipped the ps2 and ps3 generations. the wii u was the only console that excited me like a little kid again and pulled me back into the console market.

i dont see why you would want to wait for the next xbox or playstation. we dont know how good the systems will be, or the games that will come out with it. but we do know one thing, its gonna be super expensive!

mooey 01-31-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57272064)
I think I'm going to get the basic just to play 2 games. One thing had me worried before was the GamePad controller. If it breaks after the warranty period, there's no firm method or price for a placement. Since this is from Costco, anything breaks in this system is covered lifetime.

very good point.

joeH1974 01-31-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby145x (Post 57272408)
Still lacking basic features from Xbox which have been there for like 7 years. XBOX LIVE is like the main reason anyone gets an Xbox. The Friends, parties, chat, and achievements. You get the xbox for xbox live and the ease of use on a TV while sitting on a couch.

Until Wii gets an Xbox live type system in place I'm avoiding it. It's sad that they have had this long and failed for this long. I loved Nintendo products but they are so far behind in technology.

I thought the reason one got a 360 was to hack it and play Japanese shmups. ;)

CheapaZn10 01-31-2013 12:58 PM

You can call Staples to price-match their online price too if you guys want to avoid the extra fee for not being a member. Costco is listed as a competitor that they price match online.
http://www.staples.com/office/sup...PID=104476

"Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors."

# to call is 1–800–333–3330

mooey 01-31-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6E (Post 57272072)
MH3:U is just a VITA port with HD graphics. Hopefully they won't screw it up + plenty of people have been saying that this console is not worth the money and actual gamers have listened with their wallets. Nintendo is selling these AT A LOSS already so cutting the price would kill their bottom line.

you mean 3DS? :)
I know man, I would probably buy the console just for the sake of the game. Not a whole lot of MH fans in US, so at least I could start enjoy some online jolly coop. Nevertheless, at the same time I will be hoping down the road they could have some more attractive games, Beyonetta 2 is a must, the rest is still in the air...

jjm5119 01-31-2013 01:00 PM

no zelda, metroid, smash, 3d mario, or good rpgs....cmonnnn Wii U.

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm not anyone. lol I couldn't care less about achievements or chat or any of that crap. I have an Xbox because of the games and the controller. The rest is fluff that does nothing for me.

slickfatty 01-31-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotShotAzn (Post 57272248)
I hope so. Truth is, $60 is lower (minus inflation) than what prices were 15 to 20 years ago. I remember spending $25 on a freakin Kirby game for my Game Boy. I spent $40 (I think) on Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES...and that was in the mid 90's.

I always thought prices of games would actually go down as technology grows and lowers the barriers to entry. Look at CDs and DVDs. I remember spending $15+ on a CD 20 years ago. I understand that games are more complex now so more money is needed for the development.

That is true about today's $60 vs 15 years ago, but now we've got smartphone games for 0.99 a pop. Yes I realize most are throw away games but the price difference is too great to ignore. I've got two ipads and an iphone. Pay 0.99 for a game and I can install on all 3 devices and play multi player with the family. On Nintendo? They'd be $30 x3 for a DS/3DS game.

Oh yeah I still have my SF2 SNES cartridge, I couldn't wait so I bought the Japanese import. Think I paid $150 for it :omg:

GoatSaver 01-31-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickminnesota (Post 57272110)
Can someone explain to me why the Deluxe is more popular than the Basic? I have a basic and hook up an external TB HD to it, I had no interest in paying an extra $50 for Nintendo Land, I will just buy that game used for a couple bucks down the road.

As for the upcoming console war, I think Nintendo will be just fine. Microsoft will probably rush to get their system out for christmas (much like Nintendo did with Wii U) and Sony will probably wait for a 2014 release. Dont expect either to be cheaper than the $300 Wii U, and expect garunteed nickle and diming from both sony and microsoft on the online aspects, and possible nickel and diming on the Harddrive storage and a sticky situation when it comes to backward compatible PSN / Live software. Its cool to be looking forward to those systems (hell I cant wait for them both!) but they might not be what you have dreamed up inside your minds.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion, where you get 10% back on eShop games to spend on more eShop games only applies to the Deluxe version, and the extra storage doesn't hurt, an external drive is fine but many wouldn't want to deal with it, Nintendo Land is $25 used atm. The extra controller cradle/dock things that come with deluxe don't entice me, but add it all up and I think I'll get my money's worth on the Deluxe version.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion is 'limited time' but is running currently, you can earn points until the end of December 2014, and you have to use points by the end of March 2015.
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/sta...#anchor-02

mo.karney 01-31-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salgat (Post 57271662)
It has sold 25% better than the 360 did at release in the same amount of time, and the Wii U have a much better release library in comparison. On top of that they have yet to release all their 1st party mega hits like Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, etc. They are fine.

Are you joking me? :lmao:

The Xbox 360 had Call of Duty, Project Gotham Racing, Perfect Dark Zero, FIFA, Madden, NHL, and Quake....

landbeaver 01-31-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57272614)

The Xbox 360 had Call of Duty, Project Gotham Racing, Perfect Dark Zero, FIFA, Madden, NHL, and Quake....

I think that helps his point (even if it wasn't the way he worded it). The 360 had a better library at launch and still sold slower.

I don't know that to be true, just trying to figure out what he meant. :)

Firebird 01-31-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

get it!!! its at a good price right now! im sure your wifey would love it.

plus, you get the ability to play through the gamepad if she wants to watch her favorite pretty boy vampire drama on TV :)

joogle 01-31-2013 01:08 PM

hoping to see this price at gamestop soon so i can use up my credit, still waiting to spend it at something worthwhile

JasonFTW 01-31-2013 01:12 PM

wow. Price drops are here already? And I still have a garage full of deluxes I couldn't sell for $500 before Christmas.

EDIT:

jk

Milkwasabadchoice 01-31-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickfatty (Post 57272576)
That is true about today's $60 vs 15 years ago, but now we've got smartphone games for 0.99 a pop. Yes I realize most are throw away games but the price difference is too great to ignore. I've got two ipads and an iphone. Pay 0.99 for a game and I can install on all 3 devices and play multi player with the family. On Nintendo? They'd be $30 x3 for a DS/3DS game.

Oh yeah I still have my SF2 SNES cartridge, I couldn't wait so I bought the Japanese import. Think I paid $150 for it :omg:

So true! My kids play on their Kindle Fires (I got 2 for the same price as the basic) and the Wii just gathers dust. My daughter might play on it once a week when she wants to play princess games or whatever, but we never use it anymore other than that. I can't even stand using it for Netflix anymore because it just looks so terrible.

I love that I have a wealth of $1 or less games at my fingertips that they can each have on their device and that I can also have on my phone but only pay for once, not to mention access to a lot of multimedia content that is not available on any console through Freetime unlimited. I grew up a console gamer, but if I had one of these Fires when I was a kid, I don't think I ever would have left my house! I guess when my kids get older, they will be wanting the consoles more, but for now the Fires are working out perfectly.

tornadog 01-31-2013 01:13 PM

Tempted, but no. I will just return it after a few days...

Terin 01-31-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

The Wii U is kind of like the Wii -- it really is only super awesome when a lot of people are involved. I've had SO MUCH FUN playing Mario U with friends. We've done as few as two players at once and as many as five.

My girlfriend is not super-coordinated to play Mario U, so she does Boost Mode through the Tablet Gamepad. So when we play through, she can give us extra platforms, unlock secrets, and so forth.

If they made a Mario U game every quarter of the year, I would buy every single one. The experience has been awesome.

But the better question -- have I played any of the games alone by myself?

Nope, not really.

D6E 01-31-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooey (Post 57272534)
you mean 3DS? :)
I know man, I would probably buy the console just for the sake of the game. Not a whole lot of MH fans in US, so at least I could start enjoy some online jolly coop. Nevertheless, at the same time I will be hoping down the road they could have some more attractive games, Bayonetta 2 is a must, the rest is still in the air...

I actually believe it was on PSP/VITA first and this is a port. Besides VITA is getting MH4. Their recent announcement will move units but I'm getting tired of these huge gaps between AA/AAA titles. It's just embarrassing because indie games are catching up to their titles and are significantly cheaper.

mo.karney 01-31-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landbeaver (Post 57272698)
I think that helps his point (even if it wasn't the way he worded it). The 360 had a better library at launch and still sold slower.

I don't know that to be true, just trying to figure out what he meant. :)

The Xbox 360 SOLD OUT at 326,000 units. Meaning there weren't any more. So with the Wii U having 400,000 units, obviously it outsold the xbox 360.

GoatSaver 01-31-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57272614)

Assassin's Creed 3, Batman Arkham City, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, Epic Mickey 2, FIFA 2013, Just Dance 4, Madden 2013, Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K13, New Super Mario Bros U, Ninja Gaiden 3, Nintendo Land, Rabbids Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Sing Party, Skylanders: Giants, Sonic & All-Starts Racing Transformed, ESPN Sports Connection, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Transformers Prime - The Game, ZombiU and missed a couple I think.

More titles at launch for the Wii U I believe, 'better' is debatable of course, as a PC gamer most of the multiplatform ports don't interest me at all, I'll probably grab Mario, ZombiU and Madden when I snatch a Wii U.

landbeaver 01-31-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatSaver (Post 57273046)
More titles at launch for the Wii U I believe, 'better' is debatable of course, as a PC gamer most of the multiplatform ports don't interest me at all, I'll probably grab Mario, ZombiU and Madden when I snatch a Wii U.

I agree. As a PC gamer the only console I am interested in is the current Nintendo console because of the first party titles like Zelda and Mario that I grew up with. That said, I have yet to bite on one.

Asryn 01-31-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 57272476)
aliens colonial marines will be released on other systems too, but what if someone doesnt have a gaming PC/xbox360/ps3? im sure theres a lot of people in that situation.

for me, the wii u is my only console. i actually came from PC gaming because i was tired of updating hardware every 2-3 years. during that time, i skipped the ps2 and ps3 generations. the wii u was the only console that excited me like a little kid again and pulled me back into the console market.

i dont see why you would want to wait for the next xbox or playstation. we dont know how good the systems will be, or the games that will come out with it. but we do know one thing, its gonna be super expensive!

We already know the specs of the PS4 and new Xbox. Both are going to be quite powerful and already put the outdated Wii U specs to shame. I wouldnt count on the systems being super expensive either they will be priced competitively like in the past.

As for PCs its still the platform with the most value and biggest game library. Im still running a 5 year old Q9650 quad core, though overclocked and I still play all my games at very high settings.

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 57272740)
get it!!! its at a good price right now! im sure your wifey would love it.

plus, you get the ability to play through the gamepad if she wants to watch her favorite pretty boy vampire drama on TV :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terin (Post 57272904)
The Wii U is kind of like the Wii -- it really is only super awesome when a lot of people are involved. I've had SO MUCH FUN playing Mario U with friends. We've done as few as two players at once and as many as five.

My girlfriend is not super-coordinated to play Mario U, so she does Boost Mode through the Tablet Gamepad. So when we play through, she can give us extra platforms, unlock secrets, and so forth.

If they made a Mario U game every quarter of the year, I would buy every single one. The experience has been awesome.

But the better question -- have I played any of the games alone by myself?

Nope, not really.

So I said what the heck and pulled the trigger. If she enjoys playing it with me I'll be happy and consider it money well spent.

With that said, what do I need to buy now to make this thing work? Or at least complete the experience. lol

PogiBoy 01-31-2013 01:24 PM

I am predicting more price drop at the end of this year when the next gen xbox 360 and ps4 are out.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section...-74221828/

Not looking good for Nintendo. I hope they do not turn like Sega.

CheapaZn10 01-31-2013 01:25 PM

I'm not gonna buy one, but the one thing tempting me to get one is the upcoming remake of Zelda: Wind Waker coming out soon. I loveeee that gamee!..

s1ikdeeli0 01-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul.unsbee (Post 57270856)
If your not a costco member the deal is less sweet as you have to pay a $15 non-member surcharge.

That's at Sam's Club. There are no non-member surcharges at Costco. As a matter of fact you can't go into Costco without membership (except if you have a costco cash/gift card (still no surcharges or if you're there to purchase alcohol (in some states))

edit: Whoops sorry. Costco.com does have surcharge for non-members. Only B&M no surcharges.

gkwong 01-31-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 57271140)
Did you use the Red card?

yeah, is that why? red card customers get shorter return times? lol

Mixmode 01-31-2013 01:30 PM

Sonic & Sega Racing is great online. Hit me up on the Network (m1xm0d3) if you have it and want to race.

Zombie U is good also. Mario is fun but the same in HD. Madden is also fun especially when using the gamepad or pro controller. Nintendo Land is also fun but gets old. Raymans Legends ia also fun from what I have played (demo)

Its very cool you can play solely on the gamepad while watching a TV show. and using it to control the TV and cable box is also very useful.

Asryn 01-31-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapaZn10 (Post 57273210)
I'm not gonna buy one, but the one thing tempting me to get one is the upcoming remake of Zelda: Wind Waker coming out soon. I loveeee that gamee!..

Download the dolphin emulator and pop your gamecube disc in your PC. Any fairly decent PC can crank out 1080p no problem

http://i.picpar.com/775ffc045175e...49e1c1.jpg

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ikdeeli0 (Post 57273280)
That's at Sam's Club. There are no non-member surcharges at Costco. As a matter of fact you can't go into Costco without membership (except if you have a costco cash/gift card (still no surcharges or if you're there to purchase alcohol (in some states))

Either you are completely incorrect...or I just got scammed. lol

89titanium 01-31-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Coming from a PC gamer, with all due respect.... Xbox Live is garbage. When you have a gaming PC, the Wii U is a much better choice of console than the 360. At least it has more exclusives and unique hardware.

(I play PC games on my TV sitting on the couch, too)

silverhawknike 01-31-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkwasabadchoice (Post 57272056)
Edit: Also lol at lack of USB 3.0 in a brand new console release. Hopefully they at least got past the external HDD limit of 16GB that Microsoft has, although you can use any size internal HDD.

The recent xbox 360 dashboard update now allow 32GB usb drive
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/0...-increase/

Anyway, back to this topic. Wii U Deluxe for $300buck seem tempting. Not sure about getting one because of lack of game line up

Asryn 01-31-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89titanium (Post 57273380)
When you have a gaming PC, the Wii U is a much better choice of console than the 360. At least it has more exclusives and unique hardware.

(I play PC games from the couch with a 360 controller, too)

How many exclusives does Wii U have out right now? 3 or 4? 360 has more than 200.

Firebird 01-31-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57273160)
We already know the specs of the PS4 and new Xbox. Both are going to be quite powerful and already put the outdated Wii U specs to shame. I wouldnt count on the systems being super expensive either they will be priced competitively like in the past.

As for PCs its still the platform with the most value and biggest game library. Im still running a 5 year old Q9650 quad core, though overclocked and I still play all my games at very high settings.

you know the specs to the upcoming xbox and playstation? i thought everything was a rumor at this point. from what ive read, they'll most likely use ATI 7xxx series video cards, which isnt that much better than the wii u's.

as for price, you CAN count on them being super expensive. i guess "super expensive" is very subjective, but its gonna be at least $500. there's speculation that it could range anywhere from $500 to a whopping $800

89titanium 01-31-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57273450)
How many exclusives does Wii U have out right now? 3 or 4? 360 has more than 200.

Um... it just came out, and it's almost completely objective that Nintendo consoles get more good exclusives than others, mostly due to 1st parties. Enjoy Halo all you want, but I would side with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Pointing out 200 exclusives is silly, as Burger King Adventures doesn't really count. How many are quality exclusives? I am also willing to bet 360 has a higher percentage of quality exclusives than the Wii, considering it must have thousands of shovelware titles. But nobody is gonna buy all the games for a system and play them all. You're gonna buy the good games. 360 has Halo and Gears of War. That's like 5 exclusives, not 200.

For a PC gamer, the choice is obvious.

Just to add, I'm assuming you're not a PC gamer. And you should just know I completely agree with you that the 360 completely dominates the Wii and Wii U in a head-to-head match-up. But I am just saying that when you have a gaming PC, the 360 is almost completely irrelevant. The PS3 would be a better choice as well.

GoldenTiger 01-31-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

I like the system, but it doesn't have enough exclusives yet. That will change over the next several months... currently Mario Bros. U, ZombiU (which I didn't buy) and NintendoLand are the exclusives. Soon, Lego City Undercover, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (yes I know it was on a handheld console previously), etc. At that point I'd advise people interested to jump in. For now, though, while it has a decent offering of third-party titles and a couple of first-party ones, the exclusives are lacking. System-wise I enjoy it, but I feel I overpaid for the Deluxe at ~$390 taxed/shipped when deals like these are already cropping up. I definitely think it's worth buying, but I think people would be best-served waiting and watching over the next month or so for hot deals, since the bulk of the titles that really are what you'd get the system for aren't out yet.

Arex 01-31-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57273160)

Given the success of the Wii and DS, you should know that specs alone do not make for a commercially successful system.

You think $500 and $600 for the original 20GB and 60GB PS3 were competitive prices? I hope the PS4 comes in much lower than that. The Xbox 360 at $300 and $400 was much more competitively priced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogiBoy (Post 57273186)
I am predicting more price drop at the end of this year when the next gen xbox 360 and ps4 are out.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section...-74221828/

Not looking good for Nintendo. I hope they do not turn like Sega.

I agree there will likely be a price drop this year.

But two months in is, I think, grossly premature to write Nintendo off for this console generation. They may need to trim the price and swallow a bigger loss on each console in the short term to get the systems and games moving off the shelves, like with the 3DS, but they still have a year jump on the competition to mess around with the pricing and to lower costs of production. Nintendo will be just fine. The 3DS is already profitable.

Dave89 01-31-2013 01:50 PM

Ugh I wanna bite but I feel like I wont play it enough to justify paying $300...

steven99 01-31-2013 01:59 PM

No games, a very expensive and giant controller, and probably will be behind technologically once the new Xbox and Playstation come out....no wonder nobody is buying.

ae86takumi 01-31-2013 02:06 PM

I wanna buy it, but even at $300 it's a steep price. Now if an ambassador type of program kicks in, then I might go for it. I regret not buying a 3DS at launch. :/

The biggest mistake Nintendo did is to launch the WiiU without a Zelda title , a Smash Brothers or 3D Mario game. Those are sure system sellers.

Peeta01 01-31-2013 02:06 PM

I think its just a price mistake.. it probably wont last long..

Asryn 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arex (Post 57273790)
You think $500 and $600 for the original 20GB and 60GB PS3 were competitive prices? I hope the PS4 comes in much lower than that. The Xbox 360 at $300 and $400 was much more competitively priced.

To be fair, the PS3 did come with a bluray player built in, something that was fairly new technology at the time and stand alone players retailed for $300-500+ if I remember.

wangcho78 01-31-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57270020)
Another sign that this thing isn't selling, but it might sell few more units at this price. :lol:

Basic [costco.com]

Deluxe [costco.com]

I might have to jump myself so that I can play Ninja Gaiden 3 RE and upcoming Bayonetta 2. Damn you Nintendo for hogging those 2 for yourself. :\

this is too funny.. it pretty much tanked. I love to play Bayonetta but it's not worth $400 to play.. I'll save for next gen xbox/ps

Mydiscover 01-31-2013 02:14 PM

I am so happy I dumped them all even for low profits during launch... This system will not sell unless it goes under 200 for the deluxe system...

guarana 01-31-2013 02:14 PM

Remember those with a RedCard may be able to PM for 5% off this price.

Arex 01-31-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae86takumi (Post 57274394)
I wanna buy it, but even at $300 it's a steep price. Now if an ambassador type of program kicks in, then I might go for it. I regret not buying a 3DS at launch. :/

The $.30 WiiU Virtual Console deals may be as close to an ambassador program as you'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57274440)
To be fair, the PS3 did come with a bluray player built in, something that was fairly new technology at the time and stand alone players retailed for $300-500+ if I remember.

That is a good/fair point. In fact, I bought my PS3 primarily as a blu-ray player ($300 back in 2008 after Bing cash back on ebay). Given that fact, the PS4 had better come in much cheaper than its predecessors since blu-ray players can be had for much less than DVD players during the PS2 introduction or blu-ray players during the PS3 introduction.

jrob23 01-31-2013 02:15 PM

I think by the time the PS4 and next XBOX come out the Wii U will have a huge stable of games at better prices and the console will be down to $249 for Deluxe. People will compare that with the most likely $400 plus competition and lack of games on those systems (same thing that is happening to Wii U now) and choose the cheaper alternative. The Wii U is competing presently with huge discounted prices of XBOX and PS3 not to mention its own Wii. By next xmas the wii will be phased out, stores will only by offering Wii U games and they will then be the cheapest alternative and all the bugs will be worked out. New Mario 3d game, Zelda, Metroid, Rayman, LegoCity to just name four games will all drive sales to far exceed what they have been to this point. Not to mention, unlike with the Wii, all port games will be available as well and developers are crawling over eachother to see how best to utilize GamePad like Black Ops 2.

BestJinjo 01-31-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhazard (Post 57271150)
the days of $60 games are over.

With that logic the days of next generation consoles are over. Unless you start buying outdated consoles like PS360, then your only solution is PC gaming (i.e., Steam, Origin sales or indie titles).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrob23 (Post 57274630)
I think by the time the PS4 and next XBOX come out the Wii U will have a huge stable of games at better prices and the console will be down to $249 for Deluxe.

I am not sure about a "huge stable of games" since PS4/720 should launch this holiday season. Nintendo has less than a year to figure out a way to launch all these games you are talking about. Considering 3rd parties are not porting games to the Wii U based on 2013 forecast of Wii U games, where is this huge wave of Wii U games will come from exactly? It's doubtful Nintendo will officially cut the price of the Deluxe from $349 to $249 by holiday 2013 because even now they are selling the Wii U at a loss based on their earnings call. So do you actually think the console's component/manufacturing costs will drop by $100 in just 10-11 months?

jcroshaw 01-31-2013 02:20 PM

Sorry to say it, but the Wii U just looks lame. Nintendo is going the wrong direction. That freaking controller with a screen on it is going to be INCREDIBLY expensive to replace or buy a second one - and impossible to duplicate cheaply.

I'm out.

ae86takumi 01-31-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroshaw (Post 57274746)
Sorry to say it, but the Wii U just looks lame. Nintendo is going the wrong direction. That freaking controller with a screen on it is going to be INCREDIBLY expensive to replace or buy a second one - and impossible to duplicate cheaply.

I'm out.

I am with you on the controller. Considering the SNES is one of the greatest controllers in gaming history , this screen controller has me baffled. I guess they want to make the WiiU look as an entertainment media system, but really , it has no Blu-ray, I assume no native video player with mkv support or other video files. I was surprised that SNES , N64 games were not available at launch on the store, plus all the games bought on the Wii shop are not transferred over you have to go to Wii mode. :/. I mean seriously, what happened Nintendo??

Lindsford 01-31-2013 02:27 PM

Saving for next gen Xbox, or ps3. We'll see whats what when they come out...

I'd pick up a WiiU for $149... that's about my stopping point. Maybe $199 if it's a bundle :D

Milkwasabadchoice 01-31-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae86takumi (Post 57274874)
I am with you on the controller. Considering the SNES is one of the greatest controllers in gaming history , this screen controller has me baffled. I guess they want to make the WiiU look as an entertainment media system, but really , it has no Blu-ray, I assume no native video player with mkv support or other video files. I was surprised that SNES , N64 games were not available at launch on the store, plus all the games bought on the Wii shop are not transferred over you have to go to Wii mode. :/. I mean seriously, what happened Nintendo??

You can't even play DVDs on the thing, something that always bugged me about the Wii. I personally have no reason to buy one, until my daughter or wife starts begging for one, which won't happen for years, just like it did with the Wii. The wife wanted one 3 years after release, and we got one.

I personally hardly ever buy consoles until they have a year under their belt and have worked out the kinks with some good titles to keep me happy. Buying one on launch day is so much more overrated than it was back in the day now that there are so many more devices to keep us busy/happy.

GoldenJoe 01-31-2013 02:33 PM

Definitely gonna buy one for Smash Bros, but that's still 1-2 years away. Then again, I don't really see it getting more than a $50 price drop this year (if at all), and I expect that they'll have some good announcements at e3. The current lack of games is no biggie. All consoles launch with two or three good games - if you're lucky! I guess nobody remembers what the SNES, N64, or PS2 looked like when they launched. By the end of the year, there will be enough games to justify the system, and it'll only get better from there.

Ignore the naysayers. Every time Nintendo launches a system, it's the same old "nintendo is doomed" story, and then they go on to completely own the generation anyway, with just two exceptions: N64 (arguable draw with PS1) and Gamecube (lost to PS2, beat Xbox). NES, SNES, GB, GBA, DS, Wii, and 3DS all took home the gold definitively.

TLDR: If you like Nintendo games and plan to own the system a year from now, this is a no-brainer. Otherwise, you can hold out for a sale or price drop.

trip1eX 01-31-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkwong (Post 57273360)
yeah, is that why? red card customers get shorter return times? lol

Opposite :D

Maybe mine was 60 too. Not sure I even have my receipt to check. Maybe I am thinking of holiday return policy or just like making stuff up.

BestJinjo 01-31-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57272064)
Since this is from Costco, anything breaks in this system is covered lifetime.

What do you mean? The warranty is not just 1 year? You are saying if you bought a PS3/360 from Costco on launch date and yours broke, they would replace it 6-7 years later?

triffid_98 01-31-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Not to be pedantic, but its predecessor was a better engineered version of a 1980's NES peripheral attached to a GameCube...and it did sell like hot cakes, mostly because it had a solid game library of kid friendly games and was very reasonably priced.

To Paraphrase, "I love the Wii U, it's so bad." [wikipedia.org]

ae86takumi 01-31-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkwasabadchoice (Post 57274950)
You can't even play DVDs on the thing, something that always bugged me about the Wii. I personally have no reason to buy one, until my daughter or wife starts begging for one, which won't happen for years, just like it did with the Wii. The wife wanted one 3 years after release, and we got one.

I personally hardly ever buy consoles until they have a year under their belt and have worked out the kinks with some good titles to keep me happy. Buying one on launch day is so much more overrated than it was back in the day now that there are so many more devices to keep us busy/happy.

true, but as one person commented in Kotaku, "Nintendo hates making money" If I was in charge of the Wii U launch and I see the top brass tells me that the big guns of Nintendo ( Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Brothers) will not be ready from the start, I would move heaven an earth to have a bunch of old classics ready, I see everyone asking earthbound, I would include that in a voucher and also a choice of 3 games of Top 10 choice VC classics which I would have made a contest at Nintendo.com for fans to vote and limited the vouchers for systems sold during the holiday season. sigh

Asryn 01-31-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenJoe (Post 57275062)
Ignore the naysayers. Every time Nintendo launches a system, it's the same old "nintendo is doomed" story, and then they go on to completely own the generation anyway, with just two exceptions: N64 (arguable draw with PS1) and Gamecube (lost to PS2, beat Xbox). NES, SNES, GB, GBA, DS, Wii, and 3DS all took home the gold definitively.

Three.
Virtual Boy :)

Buckeyefan 1 01-31-2013 02:46 PM

Same thing that happened to the original 3DS is happening to the Wii U. Too bad. Good system.

I asked my 10yr old son if many kids in his classroom had the new Wii U. He said no one. And the parents have money. Since Christmas, the kids have been hooked on Minecraft. They have no issue paying $7 for the iPad/Touch app, and $27 for the PC version (with holiday money, of course). Sadly, their Skylanders are getting no love. Neither is their bearded dragon. Dad is playing on the Nexus 7 - no complaints there.

Genius4sho 01-31-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc_boston (Post 57270300)
Holy cow that was fast. Sorry to say I paid over $400 pre-Christmas for the Deluxe :(

Nintendo put in a bunch of things to mess up mods, even mods of the Wii emulation mod so I expect to see the deluxe selling for < $200 this Christmas.

Just not enough games lined up for it and it's way too slow.

lol, are you talking about homebrew? Of course Nintendo would "mess" that up! God knows how much money they lose when people do it.

I've had a Wii U since launch and it is worth the money in my opinion. It has a lot of apps like Netflix and Amazon video, etc. Some of the games are really fun like NintendoLand. If you have a bunch of friends over it can be such a blast. Or if you have children I'm sure you'd have a really fun time with them. They released NintendoTVii but I really haven't had the time to use it. I think its an awesome idea. Tivo support is coming in February, so if you have a DVR its another reason to have a Wii U.

I can't tell you how awesome it is to be able to play a video game on your controller and have your sports game of choice on the TV and while people are watching the sports game, someone says: "Hey, can you change the channel".... and you are able to do it in a split second on your Wii U controller in mid game. Its so awesome that the controller is also a universal remote. You have to pay over $200 from Logitech to get a touch screen universal remote with a screen that size. During commercial breaks you can put your game on the big screen for people to watch... or they could join in. The whole idea is really cool, I hope Nintendo can keep on expanding on this idea and give the Wii tablet controller even more functionality because if they do it is so much more than a video game console.

Hrshycro 01-31-2013 02:48 PM

People are actually buying Wii U?

ae86takumi 01-31-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyefan 1 (Post 57275316)
Same thing that happened to the original 3DS is happening to the Wii U. Too bad. Good system.

I asked my 10yr old son if many kids in his classroom had the new Wii U. He said no one. And the parents have money. Since Christmas, the kids have been hooked in Minecraft. They have no issue paying $7 for the iPad/Touch app, and $27 for the PC version. Sadly, their Skylanders are getting no love. Neither is their bearded dragon.

this is so true, I went to Michigan to visit some long distance relatives. All 5 kids were playing minecraft, the XBOX was collecting dust.

BNZ 01-31-2013 02:49 PM

Sounds like a good price, but I suspect that later this year or early next year, when all the good games come out (Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc), the system will either be much cheaper or you can buy a bundle that costs about the same price. Since it has no good games now, I'm willing to wait for the inevitable price drop. Unless you just can't wait to play ZombieU and Nintendo Land, I'd say wait for the big time games.

ChpByr 01-31-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6E (Post 57272984)
I actually believe it was on PSP/VITA first and this is a port. Besides VITA is getting MH4. Their recent announcement will move units but I'm getting tired of these huge gaps between AA/AAA titles. It's just embarrassing because indie games are catching up to their titles and are significantly cheaper.

You're thinking of the PSP series which ended with Freedom Unite (different game). MH3:U is more or less an updated port of Monster Hunter Tri which was for the Wii.

Do you happen to have a link to said announcement about MH4/Vita btw? Google only leads me to rumor articles. :\

papatoony 01-31-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

That wasn't the quote I read! I read they sold way fewer units than they'd expected, but wouldn't lower their price because "the price is already good."

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynr00 (Post 57271208)
why amazon doesnt sell these

Nintendo got in a fight with Amazon :nod: They said Amazon was allowing too many consoles to be returned, so they stopped supplying them.

ParticleJG 01-31-2013 02:59 PM

The original Wii started out at $249.99 whereas the Wii U is $299.99 or $349.99 for Deluxe and everyone should buy the deluxe. (We know it ended at $150 MSRP although $100-125 deals were popular)

Do people really think the Wii U will be under $200 in less than a year? Seems a little too steep.

And for everyone who thinks Nintendo are a bunch of fools who can not market/make money - "As of the first quarter of 2012, the Wii leads the generation over PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in worldwide sales; in December 2009, the console broke the sales record for a single month in the United States."

dealhunter85 01-31-2013 03:00 PM

Isn't the Wii U the new Touchpad? I feel bad for Nintendo.

Malevolent 01-31-2013 03:03 PM

Eh, I'll take the deal more into consideration when it has some more exclusive that I'll actually want...and no, not Zelda or Mario...those are played out as bad as Sonic now. Bayonetta 2 is about the only thing that actually makes me WANT a Wii U, but I'm not pre-buying a console for a game that might end up sucking. Still gonna wait on the Wii U, way too early to tell how things will turn out for it. The lack of a good library and BC with GC games kinda just makes me happy to keep playing my Wii. Plus the controller is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever conceived....It's not innovative in the slightest....I just think other companies shied away from the idea because it was...well...stupid. Seems more of something forced in your face saying "HEY LOOK WHAT WE GONE AND DONE" as opposed to the actual novelty of the original Wii motion controls.

Asryn 01-31-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57275624)
And for everyone who thinks Nintendo are a bunch of fools who can not market/make money - "As of the first quarter of 2012, the Wii leads the generation over PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in worldwide sales; in December 2009, the console broke the sales record for a single month in the United States."

The reason the original Wii did so well, is because it was priced much cheaper than the PS3 and 360, and had innovative controls at the time, paired with Nintendos name.

The Wii U only has Nintendos name going for it right now. Its more expensive than the other consoles out, and pretty much everyone has a touch screen phone so its nothing new.

1Lumpsum2 01-31-2013 03:05 PM

""Past Results Do Not Guarantee Future Performance." but on the brightside the Wii U is kicking the Wonderswans butt! http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/...rm_totals/

maddoggyusa 01-31-2013 03:06 PM

I have 2 words for you...

Zombie U

ParticleJG 01-31-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asryn (Post 57275708)
The reason the original Wii did so well, is because it was priced much cheaper than the PS3 and 360, and had innovative controls at the time, paired with Nintendos name.

The Wii U only has Nintendos name going for it right now. Its more expensive than the other consoles out, and pretty much everyone has a touch screen phone so its nothing new.

I am not disagreeing but this is the same as before. Wii was more expensive than original Xbox and (I think) PS2 but it was newest technology out. When 360 and PS3 came out, Nintendo was cheaper MSRP wise, but dropped the price anyway is my point. I'm playing devils advocate, not taking a side.

koshawala 01-31-2013 03:08 PM

I don't play games. I am really enjoying TVii feature in Wii U. I turn on my system using a Logitech remote then use the game pad for everything else. Simply amazing what I can do with the game pad. It's only going to get better with future upgrades (netflix/amazon video integration).

completing 01-31-2013 03:09 PM

Any in store ad? I'd like to try chase price protection on this.

Asryn 01-31-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57275774)
I am not disagreeing but this is the same as before. Wii was more expensive than original Xbox and (I think) PS2 but it was newest technology out. When 360 and PS3 came out, Nintendo was cheaper MSRP wise, but dropped the price anyway is my point. I'm playing devils advocate, not taking a side.

The Wii came a year after the Xbox 360 was released, and at the same time of the PS3 release.

Arex 01-31-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestJinjo (Post 57275170)
What do you mean? The warranty is not just 1 year? You are saying if you bought a PS3/360 from Costco on launch date and yours broke, they would replace it 6-7 years later?

That's pretty much how it works on everything except TVs, computers and tires. Just keep your receipts. Most people's sense of shame keeps them from abusing Costco's liberal return policies too much.

Last time I did something like that, I returned an inFocus projector after about a year of use.

Cromishere 01-31-2013 03:12 PM

Awesome deal.

It had a slow start like the 3DS but it has some awesome games coming out for it down the road.

cookiemonster 01-31-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ikdeeli0 (Post 57273280)

edit: Whoops sorry. Costco.com does have surcharge for non-members. Only B&M no surcharges.

For both Costco and Sam's Club, you don't need a membership to enter the store if you're buying from the photo dept., pharmacy, optometrist, liquor/cigarettes, or pizza (in some stores, the pizza is inside). I'm always baffled why they still bother asking to see proof of membership at the door.

Genius4sho 01-31-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddoggyusa (Post 57275756)
I have 2 words for you...

Zombie U

I have 2 words for you....
It sucked

That was the first game I got on launch for the Wii U and I had such high hopes for it because it sounded like that was going to be the best game for the system at launch. The game is so repetitive; you end up hitting zombies in the head with a cricket bat for hours on end. Now that sounds fun, but when you need to smack each zombie in the head 3-4 times and a group of 15 zombies approach you it won't be fun anymore. ;)

Arex 01-31-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malevolent (Post 57275678)
Plus the controller is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever conceived....It's not innovative in the slightest....I just think other companies shied away from the idea because it was...well...stupid. Seems more of something forced in your face saying "HEY LOOK WHAT WE GONE AND DONE" as opposed to the actual novelty of the original Wii motion controls.

I guess you've never heard of Xbox SmartGlass...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/smartglass

I think what happened was that both Nintendo and Microsoft saw how much people seem to enjoy touch screen gaming on their phones, tablets and DSes and decided they wanted to integrate that experience into the console gaming experience. It actually looks like it could have promise.

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNZ (Post 57275370)
Sounds like a good price, but I suspect that later this year or early next year, when all the good games come out (Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc), the system will either be much cheaper or you can buy a bundle that costs about the same price. Since it has no good games now, I'm willing to wait for the inevitable price drop. Unless you just can't wait to play ZombieU and Nintendo Land, I'd say wait for the big time games.

So buy now or wait 10 months to get it for the same price? lol

GoldenTiger 01-31-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrob23 (Post 57274630)
I think by the time the PS4 and next XBOX come out the Wii U will have a huge stable of games at better prices and the console will be down to $249 for Deluxe. People will compare that with the most likely $400 plus competition and lack of games on those systems (same thing that is happening to Wii U now) and choose the cheaper alternative. The Wii U is competing presently with huge discounted prices of XBOX and PS3 not to mention its own Wii. By next xmas the wii will be phased out, stores will only by offering Wii U games and they will then be the cheapest alternative and all the bugs will be worked out. New Mario 3d game, Zelda, Metroid, Rayman, LegoCity to just name four games will all drive sales to far exceed what they have been to this point. Not to mention, unlike with the Wii, all port games will be available as well and developers are crawling over eachother to see how best to utilize GamePad like Black Ops 2.

Quoted for emphasis.

Cromishere 01-31-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 57275976)
It sucked

That was the first game I got on launch for the Wii U and I had such high hopes for it because it sounded like that was going to be the best game for the system at launch. The game is so repetitive; you end up hitting zombies in the head with a cricket bat for hours on end. Now that sounds fun, but when you need to smack each zombie in the head 3-4 times and a group of 15 zombies approach you it won't be fun anymore. ;)

Why would you try to take out 15 zombies with a bat? Use the mines or guns.

Somehow I doubt you played the game or you just don't know what you are doing.

Most people that played the game say it is amazing and it was actually scary. It was a true survival horror game and should be played that way.

mirai 01-31-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57275774)

so in other words we should wait until the new Xbox and PS orbis as Wii u might get a big price drop by then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 57275976)
It sucked

the best game would be a Wii U optimized Fatal Frame.

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Yes. :)

Genius4sho 01-31-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cromishere (Post 57276142)
Why would you try to take out 15 zombies with a bat? Use the mines or guns.

Somehow I doubt you played the game or you just don't know what you are doing.

Most people that played the game say it is amazing and it was actually scary. It was a true survival horror game and should be played that way.

The problem with the game is that guns and ammo are scarce. So you can surely use ammo, but then you will be forced to use your bat at some point. The few couple of hours into the game there was hardly any ammo and I just gave up on it. I had the game and decided to sell it because every time I played it I got so bored. I would get sleepy, and those are the types of games I want no part in. I bought Black Ops 2 instead and that was a much better purchase, its awesome to play on the Wii U Controller. I also have Batman and Nintendoland.

The top websites like IGN and Gamespot also gave it horrible ratings. Also, gamerankings says that its very mediocre (there's over 50 reviews listed there) too: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii-u...index.html. A 77 is a C, I was a top student in school, A's were the only thing that were acceptable.... just like my video games ;)

ParticleJG 01-31-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57276218)
Yes. :)

They have stopped doing that recently. A couple SDers have reported a couple years ago that working, but not so much lucky anymore. Plus they need to have the item in stock.

(Granted this is all from what I have read experience of others, not my own)

Cromishere 01-31-2013 03:32 PM

The just announced a ton of games for the WiiU and will announce more at E3.

A new Xenoblade (RPG)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYtvOP8AMY

Zelda Wind Waker Remake (this year)

A new Zelda game

Fire Emblem (strategy RPG)

Lego City (Nintendo helped make it-comes out in March)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLvrpJnILQ

The Wonderful 101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-61NKRaYjw

Rayman (comes out in Feb)

Monster Hunter (comes out in March)

Pikmin 3 (comes out in Spring)

Yoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJMjQAJjio

Resident Evil (in the spring)

And of course Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D Mario

uteric3232 01-31-2013 03:32 PM

In for 1 deluxe....F the haters! lol

henryondeals 01-31-2013 03:33 PM

price drop already?!

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealhunter85 (Post 57275642)
Isn't the Wii U the new Touchpad? I feel bad for Nintendo.

So these are going to be $99 and $149 in a fire sale couple months from now? :D

Cromishere 01-31-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryondeals (Post 57276290)
price drop already?!

They specifically announced no price drops for the forseeable future. This is just a Costco thing.

dealhunter85 01-31-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57276320)
So these are going to be $99 and $149 in a fire sale couple months from now? :D

I hope not, because then I would have to buy one. Put it next to my two touchpads and HD-DVD players.

chrisgringo 01-31-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiemonster (Post 57275920)
I'm always baffled why they still bother asking to see proof of membership at the door.

My guess is they don't want all the Mexican's showing up without membership trying to mooch the free samples and not buy anything but a hot dog and/or pizza on the way out.

I know because my family used to do it when I was a kid.

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57276254)
They have stopped doing that recently. A couple SDers have reported a couple years ago that working, but not so much lucky anymore. Plus they need to have the item in stock.

(Granted this is all from what I have read experience of others, not my own)

Well, if they stopped it, it must be on their policy paper like with TVs, cameras, etc... Consoles are still not on that list as far as I can tell. The last time I did that was my launch 360 red ringed after 3 years. It was replaced no questions asked.

poetuan 01-31-2013 03:44 PM

Let's see..my Xboxes are relinquish to bring a media extender, ps3 haven't been on for over a year but the welfare checks still clear so I should be in for another dust collector. LOL

Oktoberfest 01-31-2013 03:44 PM

just want to make sure: price is valid in store also?

guitardedboy 01-31-2013 03:51 PM

I have to say I am a Nintendo fan. I have owned every single Nintendo Including the crappy Gamecube.

But I have not the Wii U yet. Controller looks stupid, lacking good launch games..etc.

Jury is still out for me.

I'm in no rush for this one.

sixty4bit 01-31-2013 03:56 PM

Couldn't you just post the deal without having to make a dumbass wise crack?

cheapodeal 01-31-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisgringo (Post 57276400)
My guess is they don't want all the Mexican's showing up without membership trying to mooch the free samples and not buy anything but a hot dog and/or pizza on the way out.

I know because my family used to do it when I was a kid.

Only Mexican people does that?

broadwayblue 01-31-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapodeal (Post 57276762)

Pretty sure American people do that too. I know I have. lol

LG-G3 01-31-2013 04:01 PM

The Wii u is not the next touchpad. Nintendo isn't going anywhere. Mobile gaming farking sucks. Shit like angry birds is killing the gaming industry.

BootlegZani 01-31-2013 04:03 PM

We'll see when I care enough to buy the Wii U.

chrisgringo 01-31-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapodeal (Post 57276762)

I don't know, I'm just speaking from my Mexican family that used to do it...

BNZ 01-31-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 57276058)
So buy now or wait 10 months to get it for the same price? lol

I think you misunderstood what I said. The price for the base system (which is what this is for), will drop in 10 months. For what you'd pay now for the base system, you'd pay for that along with a brand new and great $60 game. Think of it this way:

Right now..... Wii U 32GB with no game = $300
In a year........ Wii U 32GB with no game = $199 - $250
or.................... Wii U 32GB with Smash Bros or Mario Kart or Zelda HD or Mario HD = $250 - $300

Thus, I'd wait until then since the system isn't great without a great game (or two or three). Why pay more now when the games you want to play won't be out until later?

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish713 (Post 57276700)
Couldn't you just post the deal without having to make a dumbass wise crack?

Why? Did I offended you in anyway?

Alphonze88 01-31-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardedboy (Post 57276582)
I have to say I am a Nintendo fan. I have owned every single Nintendo Including the crappy Gamecube.

But I have not the Wii U yet. Controller looks stupid, lacking good launch games..etc.

Crappy Gamecube? The Gamecube was an amaaaaazing console.

Soviet12321 01-31-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardedboy (Post 57276582)

If you think the cube was crappy, you are an idiot.

As for the deal, this is good for those on the fence. I'm waiting and hopeful for a $250 deal on the deluxe model. Reckon there's no rush as the game library won't be great until next holiday season.

Alphonze88 01-31-2013 04:09 PM

Is anybody else having an issue when trying to enter an address, it doesn't let you select a country? It simply doesn't have any countries to select from it's a blank list.

cougnole 01-31-2013 04:13 PM

sad thing is this still isn't a deal

djgcue 01-31-2013 04:14 PM

I'm buying 10 Deluxes...can't wait to make some money on the secondary market!!!!

:lmao:

J/K

SwifiJon 01-31-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

They don't replace. They give you cash and only because the xbox 360 was classified as a toy not as an electronic device like tv or cell phones which they have a limited return policy. I personally went from Xbox 360 launch box -> Xbox Elite -> Xbox Slim because the previous 2 iterations red ringed on me.

norazi 01-31-2013 04:16 PM

looks like its not doing as well as initially expected to see such an early price drop (like the 3DS and Vita)

banditcom 01-31-2013 04:29 PM

Thanks! In for one deluxe.

I have plenty of games I'm playing right now, so I'm fine with the small game library at the moment.

TouchMint 01-31-2013 04:32 PM

Days after the missed estimates report.

I hate to say it but soon they will be gone the way of sega. Honestly it might be for the best I bet they could make way more money putting their titles on ios/andriod than they do on their ds hand held sales. I mean look at what square does with the FF titles they charge a ton and make a ton too.

aerotive 01-31-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 57275558)
That wasn't the quote I read! I read they sold way fewer units than they'd expected, but wouldn't lower their price because "the price is already good."

Nintendo got in a fight with Amazon :nod: They said Amazon was allowing too many consoles to be returned, so they stopped supplying them.

I heard it the other way, that Nintendo wouldn't take back defective consoles that they were contractually obligated to. So Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware.

b534202 01-31-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkwasabadchoice (Post 57272056)
I don't understand how the people at Nintendo think. Buy the basic edition and after a MASSIVE update of a terrible OS that takes literally all day, you are left with a paltry 3GB of hard drive space left, not even enough for many full game downloads. The "Deluxe" only has 32GB, and Assassin's Creed 3 is 17GB!!! Want to use an external drive? Sorry, you are limited to USB 2.0... WHAAAAAA???

In this day and age of massive amounts of digital content, I am not at all surprised that people are not willing to spend money on this system when it has such terrible specs. Terrible (4 hr) battery life on the gamepad that is limited to 30 ft range (bluetooth). Cumbersome and slow OS (5GB!!!). Nonexistent 3rd party support. DRM issues that are ridiculous. A game library of maybe 4 games worth playing that isn't changing any time soon. Wow, I will take a huge pass on this one guys. Maybe in a couple of years.

At least they got one thing right... It's finally a Wii in HD!!!

For some reason Nintendo thinks it is cool to not be up to the latest industry specs.

It is in HD ... when 4K is here. USB2.0 ... when there is 3.0/thunderbolt. Resistive touch screen when all but the cheap made in China tablets are now capacitive.

Arex 01-31-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchMint (Post 57277464)
Days after the missed estimates report.

I hate to say it but soon they will be gone the way of sega. Honestly it might be for the best I bet they could make way more money putting their titles on ios/andriod than they do on their ds hand held sales. I mean look at what square does with the FF titles they charge a ton and make a ton too.

I'm still baffled by comments like this. We're only a little more than two months into the Wii U's coming to market. Seems a bit premature to be talking about Nintendo's exit from the hardware business, no?

DS was and remains a huge success, Wii was a hit, 3DS is turning out to be a hit. Even if the WiiU doesn't gain traction and ends up like another GameCube, I highly doubt it will mark the end of Nintendo as a hardware company.

ebolaboi 01-31-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salgat (Post 57271662)

LOL! A Zelda remake of Wind Waker. Good job Nintendo. Keep regurgitating the same crap.

SnoT 01-31-2013 04:46 PM

Getting closer to the 199/249 price point I set to get one of these.

canonikon 01-31-2013 04:49 PM

worse system ever, I have it

Rainjet 01-31-2013 04:50 PM

Wii U ambassador program anyone to make up for the upcoming price drop?

DeviantDragon 01-31-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b534202 (Post 57277708)
For some reason Nintendo thinks it is cool to not be up to the latest industry specs.

It is in HD ... when 4K is here. USB2.0 ... when there is 3.0/thunderbolt. Resistive touch screen when all but the cheap made in China tablets are now capacitive.

4K is hardly here and will still take quite a while to become the standard if ever. You'd need a huge screen to really see the difference with 4K.

papatoony 01-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerotive (Post 57277606)
I heard it the other way, that Nintendo wouldn't take back defective consoles that they were contractually obligated to. So Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/amaz...ing-wii-u/

Firebird 01-31-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 57276246)
The problem with the game is that guns and ammo are scarce. So you can surely use ammo, but then you will be forced to use your bat at some point. The few couple of hours into the game there was hardly any ammo and I just gave up on it. I had the game and decided to sell it because every time I played it I got so bored. I would get sleepy, and those are the types of games I want no part in. I bought Black Ops 2 instead and that was a much better purchase, its awesome to play on the Wii U Controller. I also have Batman and Nintendoland.

The top websites like IGN and Gamespot also gave it horrible ratings. Also, gamerankings says that its very mediocre (there's over 50 reviews listed there) too: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii-u...index.html. A 77 is a C, I was a top student in school, A's were the only thing that were acceptable.... just like my video games ;)

zombiU is a great game! its actually the scariest game ive ever played. the tension and atmosphere is through the roof. i dont need "gaming experts" to tell me how good the game is. if you check IGN, gamespot, or any other gaming website, you'll see the user revews are much higher.

also, did you really expect to run around like rambo and spray zombies when the game is described as a survival horror?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonikon (Post 57277814)
worse system ever, I have it

i have it too. best system ever :)

Milkwasabadchoice 01-31-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeviantDragon (Post 57277944)
4K is hardly here and will still take quite a while to become the standard if ever. You'd need a huge screen to really see the difference with 4K.

True, but there is still no excuse for USB 2.0 when their disk space is soooo... SMALL!!! And yes, I forgot to mention the resistive touch screen. They are seriously limiting themselves. Poor showing IMO.

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b534202 (Post 57277708)

How else can they sell consoles not at a lost at launch. ;) Both MS and Sony lose lots on their launches and can only make back after selling multiple games for each console sold.

MillaTyme 01-31-2013 05:06 PM

Good price if you must have one now. I will wait at least a year and if it's still legit, I will pick one up for <$200

trip1eX 01-31-2013 05:12 PM

I'm waiting 2 years 7 months and buying the console for $135.

MPoWeRM3 01-31-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillaTyme (Post 57278152)
Good price if you must have one now. I will wait at least a year and if it's still legit, I will pick one up for <$200

Was gonna pick one up myself but after reading your logical comment and the Sigma 30mm lens on the FP, I think I'll pick up the lens instead. I only have 2 games of interest on Wii U so that can wait. Those 2 games may even make it to other consoles if they are the usual 1 yr timed exclusives.

xAnimal 01-31-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 57278264)
I'm waiting 2 years 7 months and buying the console for $135.

This console can't even support "modern" games that the 7-year old hardware of the Xbox360/PS3 can. If it can't even support today's games, how will it support future games?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-m...rt-6400436

Dozens of other stories similar to this

GuardianFlame 01-31-2013 05:19 PM

Looking forward to playing 3 games, one of them comes out in March. Does anyone think it will drop below this prior to the end of March? If not going to buy one, already know Nintendo stated NO PRICE DROP, today.

trip1eX 01-31-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAnimal (Post 57278386)
This console can't even support "modern" games that the 7-year old hardware of the Xbox360/PS3 can. If it can't even support today's games, how will it support future games?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-m...rt-6400436

Dozens of other stories similar to this

That's why I am waiting 2 years 7 months and buying for $135. Might do $139.99 and 2 and 1/2 years.

miltownsho 01-31-2013 05:29 PM

Wow, great deal. I paid $350 for my deluxe just cause I wanted to play the new Super Mario brothers. Wish I would have waited as there are really no games out for it.

joogle 01-31-2013 05:31 PM

anyone know if gamestop would pricematch?

D6E 01-31-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChpByr (Post 57275554)
You're thinking of the PSP series which ended with Freedom Unite (different game). MH3:U is more or less an updated port of Monster Hunter Tri which was for the Wii.

Do you happen to have a link to said announcement about MH4/Vita btw? Google only leads me to rumor articles. :\

What I'm saying is that it's not a new game. Xenoblade 2 for example is a brand new title. Here is the link:

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/...-vita.html

gaijin4life 01-31-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

The current generation started almost 8 years ago. Safe to say that's now essentially on its last legs. Wii U only managed to catch up to current gen power - barely. It will be left in the dust in 9 months when the real next gen starts for consoles. Big titles are already bypassing it because consumers aren't interested and the power isn't there.

I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed this.

$149/$199 or bust, and even then there's little point to owning it unless you're a diehard nintendo fan who wants to throw money away while waiting for the big 1st party titles to show up.

GhostDog 01-31-2013 05:46 PM

Yeah, I may pick this up at $149 down the line when there's a bunch of Nintendo first party games and maybe some exclusive third party games but as of right now the system isn't worth buying.

sklar 01-31-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

The pricing is ridiculous. When I can buy 360's and ps3's for under $200 with a hard drive, and nintendo expects people to pay $300+ for a machine with lesser specs...well...good luck with that.

Nintendo could have topped the 360 and ps3 in terms of hardware capabilities at this price point. No way am I going to spend extra for less. Doesn't look like many other people want to either... :shake:

FrozenDarkness 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

this will be a purchase when they hack it

Genius4sho 01-31-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 57278134)
zombiU is a great game! its actually the scariest game ive ever played.

You've never played Amnesia: The Dark Descent have you? Because ZombiU wasn't even close to that level of scary... like screaming like a little girl.

Quote:

the tension and atmosphere is through the roof. i dont need "gaming experts" to tell me how good the game is. if you check IGN, gamespot, or any other gaming website, you'll see the user revews are much higher.

also, did you really expect to run around like rambo and spray zombies when the game is described as a survival horror?
I don't usually agree with gamespot but IGN is usually spot on in my opinion. The user reviews (256 reviews) on gamespot have an average of 7.3 out of ten... that's pretty bad. A 7.3 is not anywhere close to being a good game. That is run of the mill crap. I've been gaming since I had an Atari, I know video games pretty darn well and this game was not worth $60. If it was being sold for $10 I'd pick it up but I wouldn't pay $60 when there are plenty of more amazing games on the Wii U.

nico07 01-31-2013 05:55 PM

This thread seems to have turned to a bash on Nintendo thread. The facts seem to stand that the Wii U has lacked in advertising to let people know what it is and that it exists. The second detriment to Wii U sales is lack of software. Having purchased one I don't regret it, but currently the best games are I would say Mario U, Nintendoland, and ZombiU. Most of the other launch titles are ports because developers usually don't put huge budgets into new consoles. The future PS4 and Xbox 720 will more than likely suffer from a drought of great software titles after they are released as well. I'm not saying they will, but should Nintendo choose to cut the price of the Wii U and sell at a higher loss they would offer incentives like they did with the 3DS. Who knows maybe the remake of the Zelda Windwaker will be an early adopter exclusive. Either way, if you are a fan of Nintendo franchises and or the other exclusives and can afford the new console price, this is a great deal.

HotMaven 01-31-2013 05:57 PM

I'll wait for $150 bucks and more titles. No hurry here.

jterp7 01-31-2013 06:04 PM

at least wii launched with zelda...this time the wii u remake of the 2d scroller isn't revolutionary enough. I realize it probably plays differently but to the average consumer it looks like super mario wii in HD. A new original, like galaxy for wii, and a brand new zelda are needed desperately. WW remake and brawl are only just stop gaps unfortunately.

TLDR this is a great deal if you want it now, but it was never the price, it was the software that was the problem

ae86takumi 01-31-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico07 (Post 57279260)
This thread seems to have turned to a bash on Nintendo thread. The facts seem to stand that the Wii U has lacked in advertising to let people know what it is and that it exists. The second detriment to Wii U sales is lack of software. Having purchased one I don't regret it, but currently the best games are I would say Mario U, Nintendoland, and ZombiU. Most of the other launch titles are ports because developers usually don't put huge budgets into new consoles. The future PS4 and Xbox 720 will more than likely suffer from a drought of great software titles after they are released as well. I'm not saying they will, but should Nintendo choose to cut the price of the Wii U and sell at a higher loss they would offer incentives like they did with the 3DS. Who knows maybe the remake of the Zelda Windwaker will be an early adopter exclusive. Either way, if you are a fan of Nintendo franchises and or the other exclusives and can afford the new console price, this is a great deal.

the PS4 is first day buy if MGS5 is on the line up at launch.

jterp7 01-31-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae86takumi (Post 57279488)
the PS4 is first day buy if MGS5 is on the line up at launch.

mgs4 was a 10hr play at best...hope they've improved on that

kurisuellegarde 01-31-2013 06:09 PM

I personally bought one of those consoles and I have thoroughly enjoyed ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Nintendoland VERY much. I wasn't even excited about Nintendoland and they really made a fun party game to play with friends. It's always exciting to do that Luigi's Mansion mini game on there. :)

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube, and more in 1080p. :) With the video services also being in 5.1 surround sound too! I was very happy to see the console provided 5.1PCM.

Nintendo has stated that if you bought your WiiWare games on the Nintendo Wii, that you'll be able to rebuy them at a much cheaper price as they rerelease the new classics for the Wii U. They also plan on tying your downloads to your username in the future. They explained that in the latest Nintendo Direct. There will be tons of steady content coming after March, with Nintendo finally release their line of games, which they've announced over 8 titles for this year already for just the Wii U.

If you do pick up this, ignore the reviews from whinny fanboys/girls of other consoles about ZombiU and pick up that game too. It shows off the awesome power of the gamepad and the console itself. The reason it got bad ratings is because it was compared to FPS shooters like Call of Duty and scary games like Dead Space. The point of ZombiU is 'survival'. You'll barely find ammo, zombies are powerful and will kill you quickly. It's extremely intense. I bought it for 48 from newegg during a deal of these.

Just don't give up hope on Nintendo, because they are the only company that really really cares about their customers. They are going to rectify the issues that gamers have been saying and will fix most by summer time.

nico07 01-31-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltownsho (Post 57278640)
Wow, great deal. I paid $350 for my deluxe just cause I wanted to play the new Super Mario brothers. Wish I would have waited as there are really no games out for it.

Even with the most third party support for any launch console, most third party titles have been simple ports or are lackluster. Tank!Tank!Tank! is a fun title for multiplayer. For the Virtual Console, Trine 2 seems like it was designed for the Wii U from the beginning. The Cave is also a fun game.

There are several titles to look forward to, I suppose the gap before their release gives me time to save!

Rayman Legends (2/26)
Lego City Undercover (3/18)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3/19)
Pikmin 3 (April-May?)
The Wonderful 101 (5/1)

Future unknown release date
Bayonetta 2
Zelda Windwaker HD (Fall?)
Game & Wario
3D Mario
Mario Kart U
Super Smash Bros U
Zelda (2014)

talltampa79 01-31-2013 06:17 PM

I've had my WiiU since launch day & use it on a daily basis. Love it.

celstarshop 01-31-2013 06:18 PM

i need just one question answered. is there a mario kart release for this console?