Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sigma 19mm or 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens for M4/3 (Olympus/Panasonic) or Sony NEX Cameras - $99 Each Shipped (http://slickdeals.net/f/5834224-sigma-19mm-or-30mm-f-2-8-ex-dn-lens-for-m4-3-olympus-panasonic-or-sony-nex-cameras-99-each-shipped)

MPoWeRM3 02-01-2013 11:09 AM

Sigma 19mm or 30mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens for M4/3 (Olympus/Panasonic) or Sony NEX Cameras - $99 Each Shipped
 
2 Attachment(s)
We've seen the combo lens deal lately for the 19mm and 30mm at $199. If you don't need 2 lenses but 1, here they are for $99 each.

For M4/3 30mm [uniquephoto.com]

For NEX 30mm [uniquephoto.com]

For M4/3 19mm [uniquephoto.com]

For NEX 19mm [uniquephoto.com]

lattiboy 02-01-2013 11:18 AM

Hot!

Literally the sharpest lens available for NEX.

Read this info. Is right up there with the $1000 24mm f/1.8. Although sharpness isn't everything, it's a lot.



Link to review [lensrentals.com]

Pinoyslick 02-01-2013 11:28 AM

Is this a good seller? 19mm or 30mm for olympus m43?

MPoWeRM3 02-01-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoyslick (Post 57297170)
19mm or 30mm for olympus m43?

I guess it depends on your needs. Portraits might be better with 30mm. General indoors might be better with 19mm.

bariumai 02-01-2013 07:47 PM

I have the stock 14-45 and 40-120 lenses. Which of these sigma lenses will give me the most bang for the buck? Or both?

hp79 02-01-2013 10:33 PM

Wow, I was really hesitating on that other bundle deal for $200 because I only need the 30mm.

hp79 02-01-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bariumai (Post 57308386)
I have the stock 14-45 and 40-120 lenses. Which of these sigma lenses will give me the most bang for the buck? Or both?

I picked up the 30mm because I'm more worried about lens distortion on the 19mm, and I think 30mm is more versatile. Also, I tried a Sony 16mm lens, and image quality really sucked.
You have a 14-45 stock, so you can play around with it. Think of which focal length you use more.
I have a 24mm, 50mm, and a 18-200mm for my Nikon D7000. I mostly use 18-200mm for the convenience, but I switch to 24mm if I want real sharpness. I think I would have been okay without the 18-200mm, then the 24mm would have been on 95% of time.

shoangore 02-01-2013 11:07 PM

I've already got the 20mm lens for my GX1. Would I get any benefits from nabbing the 30mm either, aside from a more narrow FOV?
One of the issues I have with the 20mm is that it takes a long time to focus, which means a lot of chance opportunities are missed or become OOF.

My girlfriend bought me the 7-14mm recently. Am super excited to take that out for a spin next week :D

bariumai 02-01-2013 11:45 PM

Which ones better for parties/indoor shooting?

loksenna 02-02-2013 12:09 AM

I've got the Panasonic 20mm... would either of these provide a benefit?

llblwskydrgn 02-02-2013 12:37 AM

I have the 14mm pancake Panasonic lens. Would anybody recommend me to get either or both and give some reasons? Thanks!

shoangore 02-02-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llblwskydrgn (Post 57311830)
I have the 14mm pancake Panasonic lens. Would anybody recommend me to get either or both and give some reasons? Thanks!

The 14mm is super wide. I'd go with the 30mm to start heading towards more of a portrait-friendly area, if you're in the market for lenses. $100 is a nice price- at the very least, you can sell it on craigslist or Amazon (safer but they have high fees) to recoup all, if not a little more, of your investment.

Lowest used price I've seen for the 30mm on Amazon is 119+s/h. Which would break you just about even if it sells. Not bad at all if you wanted to try the lens out.

MPoWeRM3 02-02-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llblwskydrgn (Post 57311830)
I have the 14mm pancake Panasonic lens. Would anybody recommend me to get either or both and give some reasons? Thanks!

19mm would be too redundant in your case imo. I'd go for 30mm. I ordered the 30mm myself since I have the kit lens that is 14mm-45mm on my old Olympus E-PL1. I figured if I want to shoot wide, then I'll just use the kit lens. The 30mm will be for sharper portrait images in low light conditions. I also have the Canon T2i with kit lens that is 18-55mm along with 55-250mm. I too added a prime lens, the f1.8 50mm known as the "nifty fifty". All the lenses will be reused on my future full frame Canon body, whenever that is. ;) I have the Olympus because it's actually jacket pocketable (the T2i cannot) with one lens and it does take decent pictures.

spurs 02-02-2013 04:31 AM

People said there might get a lence with a particle in it, suggested to buy it only from good retailers like amazon, can I trust this seller? Thanks!

MOkoFOko 02-02-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurs (Post 57312862)
People said there might get a lence with a particle in it, suggested to buy it only from good retailers like amazon, can I trust this seller? Thanks!

You're being silly. The retailer it's purchased from has NO BEARING on whether or not there's dust inside. If dust got in, it happened straight from the factory.

niku4u4 02-02-2013 05:39 AM

Exactly what I was looking for. Seller has been around for long time
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoyslick (Post 57297170)
Is this a good seller? 19mm or 30mm for olympus m43?

Yes. I live in nj and this seller has been around for many many years. They seem to know what they are doing. Going this morning to the store to pick one up. I wanted the 30mm but not the 19mm, and was almost close to ordering it from the B&H deal for both....glad I waited a few days. Lens will used on Nex 6.
Will update post about seller based on experience.

Thank you OP. exactly the deal I wanted. Saved me $100.

spurs 02-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOkoFOko (Post 57313160)
You're being silly. The retailer it's purchased from has NO BEARING on whether or not there's dust inside. If dust got in, it happened straight from the factory.

Hey, I meant to buy it from a good seller that can easily have an exchange. Sounds this is a good seller, I just ordered one, still thanks for your reply. This is perfect, didn't want the combo deal.

MephistoMyHero 02-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoangore (Post 57311954)
The 14mm is super wide. I'd go with the 30mm to start heading towards more of a portrait-friendly area, if you're in the market for lenses. $100 is a nice price- at the very least, you can sell it on craigslist or Amazon (safer but they have high fees) to recoup all, if not a little more, of your investment.

Lowest used price I've seen for the 30mm on Amazon is 119+s/h. Which would break you just about even if it sells. Not bad at all if you wanted to try the lens out.

Unfortunetly, I don't think you can count on recouping the price you paid for these lenses since these are being sold at fire sale prices and so many are being sold now. I too was thinking of selling the 19mm if I got the dual lens deal from B&H but I didn't want to take that chance. Now, I'm will have to wait a bit on the 30mm since I bought way too many camera deals already :(

spurs 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

This should be on front page for people only need to buy one of the lenses, thanks OP!

MOkoFOko 02-02-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurs (Post 57312862)
People said there might get a lence with a particle in it, suggested to buy it only from good retailers like amazon, can I trust this seller? Thanks!

In that case, that's different, but uniquephoto is an authorized sigma retailer. If necessary, you could just send it in for a cleaning at sigma for free. I know for a fact that they allow returns, because I've done one there in the past.

Akatsushi 02-02-2013 02:23 PM

Thanks OP. Bought the 30mm for my Nex :)

kulardenu 02-02-2013 04:46 PM

Grabbed the 30mm for my Oly. Great reviews on this lens!

niku4u4 02-03-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niku4u4 (Post 57313292)
Quote from Pinoyslick :Is this a good seller? 19mm or 30mm for olympus m43?




Yes. I live in nj and this seller has been around for many many years. They seem to know what they are doing. Going this morning to the store to pick one up. I wanted the 30mm but not the 19mm, and was almost close to ordering it from the B&H deal for both....glad I waited a few days. Lens will used on Nex 6.
Will update post about seller based on experience.

Thank you OP. exactly the deal I wanted. Saved me $100.

Went to their store, pretty nice. Staff was helpful. Didnt get to stay but will go back. They have lots of stuff. My friend also rented and a bought a lens from this place. He said they were helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOkoFOko (Post 57319066)
Quote from spurs :People said there might get a lence with a particle in it, suggested to buy it only from good retailers like amazon, can I trust this seller? Thanks!




In that case, that's different, but uniquephoto is an authorized sigma retailer. If necessary, you could just send it in for a cleaning at sigma for free. I know for a fact that they allow returns, because I've done one there in the past.

Yes i agree. Check the manufacturers website for authorized dealers and you are safe with the manufacturer warranty, in most cases. So check return policy of retailers.

minj 02-03-2013 12:26 PM

Pretty sure I've purchased from them before and it must have been a good experience since I don't remember too much. The name is definitely familiar to me though.

Uvs 02-03-2013 09:17 PM

I bought the M4/3 30mm thanks OP.

minghi 02-04-2013 10:58 AM

Does anyone hear a rattling noise with both lenses when shaking them "very lightly". I first noticed it in the 30mm lens and thought it was defective and tried the 18mm lens and it did the same noise. It sounds as if the glass piece in between is tied to rubberbands on opposite side and the glass is floating with this support. so, when I move shake it lightly top to bottom, I hear the thing moving "a bit louder" than normal. I tested both the lens on the camera and they seem to work fine though.

MPoWeRM3 02-04-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minghi (Post 57357006)
Does anyone hear a rattling noise with both lenses when shaking them "very lightly". I first noticed it in the 30mm lens and thought it was defective and tried the 18mm lens and it did the same noise. It sounds as if the glass piece in between is tied to rubberbands on opposite side and the glass is floating with this support. so, when I move shake it lightly top to bottom, I hear the thing moving "a bit louder" than normal. I tested both the lens on the camera and they seem to work fine though.

According to the combo lens thread, it is normal. This is the single lens thread so no one has received theirs yet. ;)

travfar 02-04-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57361364)
According to the combo lens thread, it is normal. This is the single lens thread so no one has received theirs yet. ;)

Completely. I have 3 of these lenses. All rattle in the same way. I could even hear the rattling before I took it out of the shipping box.

minghi 02-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57361364)
According to the combo lens thread, it is normal. This is the single lens thread so no one has received theirs yet. ;)

glad, i feel relaxed

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 57361634)
Completely. I have 3 of these lenses. All rattle in the same way. I could even hear the rattling before I took it out of the shipping box.

thank you too

RyanM55 02-04-2013 02:15 PM

Dead? The NEX mount both show $149 for me.....

MPoWeRM3 02-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanM55 (Post 57362280)
Dead? The NEX mount both show $149 for me.....

Yep, all dead. Now you have to buy the combo lens to get the deal.

golfgal 02-06-2013 07:24 AM

NEX Versions are $109 now w/free shipping - still not bad if you're looking for one.

Uvs 02-06-2013 11:49 AM

Sigh, they cancelled my 30mm M4/3 lens. I'll have to buy the combo from B&H now. :(

MPoWeRM3 02-06-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uvs (Post 57409488)
Sigh, they cancelled my 30mm M4/3 lens. I'll have to buy the combo from B&H now. :(

Why? Mine is shipped by USPS and tracking right now shows "out for delivery". Btw, B&H is completely out of the M/43 combo. You'll have to get it from Adorama.

MPoWeRM3 02-06-2013 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just received the 30mm M4/3 version and it does rattle on and off the camera. Took couple pics and like it so far.

cyclops13 02-07-2013 12:46 PM

Will this fit a Olympus E420? I have never bought a prime so far, which is a better to begin with - 19 or 30?

Uvs 02-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57410692)
Why? Mine is shipped by USPS and tracking right now shows "out for delivery". Btw, B&H is completely out of the M/43 combo. You'll have to get it from Adorama.

Got an email saying the lens was in high demand and they took more orders than they have the item in stock. So it's first come first served. Yeah I went with the combo from Adorama since B&H photo is out of stock for that set.

Edit: The part I don't get is how the website still have it in stock but at $149.00. It look a bit fishy to me.

MPoWeRM3 02-07-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uvs (Post 57435768)
Got an email saying the lens was in high demand and they took more orders than they have the item in stock. So it's first come first served. Yeah I went with the combo from Adorama since B&H photo is out of stock for that set.

Edit: The part I don't get is how the website still have it in stock but at $149.00. It look a bit fishy to me.

Maybe they oversold on the weekend and got more stock on Monday when the price went to $149, but already sent out cancellation email to the oversold customers? Either way, you still got a good deal with the combo. You can sell the 19mm and it should at least make it the same deal.

Uvs 02-07-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57438496)
Maybe they oversold on the weekend and got more stock on Monday when the price went to $149, but already sent out cancellation email to the oversold customers? Either way, you still got a good deal with the combo. You can sell the 19mm and it should at least make it the same deal.

Nah, they sent me the email yesterday. So something is up, but it's alright I can always sell the 19mm like you said.

kulardenu 02-07-2013 07:07 PM

Received my 30mm today def a rattler but nice lens anyway pic wise.

biggiep 02-08-2013 10:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
EDIT: Wrong thread

MPoWeRM3 02-09-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggiep (Post 57467194)
I received the 30mm today from Adorama, and I'm wondering if my lens is too soft wide open. This is my first fast prime lens, so I may not know any better and I'd appreciate it if you guys could tell me if my samples show anything out of the ordinary. At 1.4, the center of the image (where I focused) looks very soft and there is color fringing all over the place (black lines/letters look a little purple). By 2.0 it clears up, but should 1.4 performance be better than what I'm seeing?

BTW that juice was WONDERFUL :lmao:

this is a 2.8 lens. how you get 1.4 and 2.0?

biggiep 02-09-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPoWeRM3 (Post 57468442)
this is a 2.8 lens. how you get 1.4 and 2.0?


Crap, I posted in the wrong thread. I'm an idiot. :lol:

MPoWeRM3 02-09-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggiep (Post 57468512)
Crap, I posted in the wrong thread. I'm an idiot. :lol:

must be the juice. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 AM.


1999-2014