Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   YMMV: Costco Spice Rack w/ 16 Jars of Herbs/Spices $9.97 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5837594-ymmv-costco-spice-rack-w-16-jars-of-herbs-spices-9-97)

desertdish 02-03-2013 01:57 PM

YMMV: Costco Spice Rack w/ 16 Jars of Herbs/Spices $9.97

As most people know, Costcos put their items on clearance at different times, so YMMV. Today I picked up a beautiful "Olde Thompson" spice rack that had 16 full-size jars of spices and herbs (ginger, cinnamon, herbs de provence, coriander, parsley, oregano, thyme, fennel, etc.) Quite a steal for $9.97 so be sure to check your local Costco next time you visit.

jessieqwert 02-03-2013 02:32 PM

can anyone confirm?

ctown209 02-03-2013 03:20 PM

This is a very slim YMMV as most costco's only have 1 on hand. Which means its probably a display model. One store in oregon had 11 but that was it. If anyone wants the store info just p/m me. Otherwise good luck trying to find this in-store.

desertdish 02-03-2013 04:01 PM

I'm not in Oregon, and there were about 15 or so of these marked $9.97 in my store.

ctown209 02-03-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdish (Post 57341108)
I'm not in Oregon, and there were about 15 or so of these marked $9.97 in my store.

Your costco in frisco, texas??

smurfy99 02-03-2013 06:12 PM

Does anyone have the item number?

desertdish 02-03-2013 07:11 PM

Quick question, Ctown.... A little off topic here, but I'm wondering if Costco has had a change in its price adjustment policy? Last week I purchased an item that is now in the coupon book for several dollars off. I asked the Costco employee for a price adjustment, and he said that manufacturers now do not want Costco to do price adjustments for products purchased before the sale started, even if it's within the 30 day window. He told me I would have to bring in the product along with my original receipt for a return and then turn around and re-buy it. According to him, if I didn't return the first purchase first and then bought the product for a second time and went to return it, Costco would only refund the price paid for the last purchase, the one that is now on sale. Is that a new policy?

RileyRR 02-03-2013 07:27 PM

Can anyone post a pic of the set? Is it chrome or black? Is it one on this page [oldethompson.com]?

desertdish 02-03-2013 07:41 PM

Yes, it's the chrome rack with 16 spices. I'll see if I can find my receipt so I can post the item number.

ctown209 02-04-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdish (Post 57344248)
Quick question, Ctown.... A little off topic here, but I'm wondering if Costco has had a change in its price adjustment policy? Last week I purchased an item that is now in the coupon book for several dollars off. I asked the Costco employee for a price adjustment, and he said that manufacturers now do not want Costco to do price adjustments for products purchased before the sale started, even if it's within the 30 day window. He told me I would have to bring in the product along with my original receipt for a return and then turn around and re-buy it. According to him, if I didn't return the first purchase first and then bought the product for a second time and went to return it, Costco would only refund the price paid for the last purchase, the one that is now on sale. Is that a new policy?

Thats not true with the price adjustment policy. There is no set policy for "adjustments" its based on the store manager discretion. Now if you want to make it easier on yourself next time you buy something and it goes on coupon or IRC and they (costco employees) dont want to give you adjustment price, just re-buy it and return to the refund counter same day with the old receipt and return it. You will get a full refund back. Also you can always ask for a manager and most of the time it will be taken care of. Fyi.