Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Panasonic Smart VIERA TC-P60GT50 60" Class GT50 Series Full HD 3D Plasma HDTV, THX 3D Certified Display, 2500 FFD, Infinite Black Pro Panel - $1699 w/ FS @ Adorama (http://slickdeals.net/e/5840500-panasonic-smart-viera-tc-p60gt50-60-class-gt50-series-full-hd-3d-plasma-hdtv-thx-3d-certified-display-2500-ffd-infinite-black-pro-panel-1699-w-fs-adorama)

gabe23111 02-05-2013 06:51 AM

Panasonic Smart VIERA TC-P60GT50 60" Class GT50 Series Full HD 3D Plasma HDTV, THX 3D Certified Display, 2500 FFD, Infinite Black Pro Panel - $1699 w/ FS @ Adorama

1 Attachment(s)
Price reflected in cart. Must be logged in.

Link [adorama.com]

Currently $1900 on Amazon [amazon.com]

Amazon reviews [amazon.com]

wikipost 02-05-2013 06:51 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Adorama will not let you return TVs over 20 inches for any reason. If anything is wrong with the TV you are stuck with it. Read their return policy here : http://www.adorama.com/help/retur...urn_policy

Van-G 02-05-2013 07:04 AM

Will this be the week that retailers clear out 2012 inventory?

Was hoping to pick up 65" but this is a pretty good price. Thanks Op.

I assume there is a preferred deal on flat wall mounting the 60-65" plasma's. Suggestions or link to thread discussing this?

Alkaar 02-05-2013 07:09 AM

Wasn't this the same price as it was on Amazon a few weeks go?

namike 02-05-2013 07:16 AM

Does BestBuy PM Adorama? I just purchased this exact TV last week. Thanks in advance SD'ers. This TV is amazing btw. Hung it on the wall Sunday for the Superbowl. Everyone was impressed (came from a 50" Panasonic S1 Plasma).

gabe23111 02-05-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkaar (Post 57376628)

Yep... they had it this price just for a couple days. That's why I put "currently" in the title.:)

jxl92182 02-05-2013 07:38 AM

Awesome TV. I just bought the 65 inch at Pauls last week. I really don't think this line from Panasonic will drop any further. Numerous people told me they sell so well they don't really need to discount much. With the new models coming in March, once this batch is sold off, I think it is it. If you guys are on the fence, I suggest you pull the trigger.

I try to price match the 65 inch at BB, and they ran out in my area and didn't price match it because they out of stock and won't bring any more in.

Samsonit 02-05-2013 07:39 AM

Does best buy PM to this seller??

gabe23111 02-05-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namike (Post 57376770)
Does BestBuy PM Adorama? I just purchased this exact TV last week. Thanks in advance SD'ers. This TV is amazing btw. Hung it on the wall Sunday for the Superbowl. Everyone was impressed (came from a 50" Panasonic S1 Plasma).

Quote:

Originally Posted by slee2828 (Post 57377282)
Does best buy PM to this seller??

Doesn't look like Best Buy matches on line retailers....

Quote:

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payme...4400050011

Cinic 02-05-2013 07:56 AM

I think BB has flexibility in their pricing. It took almost no effort to get them down to $1699 on this exact TV a couple weeks ago based on the Paul's TV price. I just had to log in to my Paul's account and show them the price.

geiwaya 02-05-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkaar (Post 57376628)

Yep...bought it then. Awesome TV!

scurker 02-05-2013 08:17 AM

You think Amazon will price match this? I sent in a lower price request, but the price on Adorama isn't actually visible until you add it to your cart.

cbiggers 02-05-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurker (Post 57378332)
You think Amazon will price match this? I sent in a lower price request, but the price on Adorama isn't actually visible until you add it to your cart.

No idea, would be nice if they would. They wouldn't price match the Samsung deal at tigerdirect for me. I don't know if I should wait any longer to buy or not.

jg62 02-05-2013 08:31 AM

Any comments by current owners on performance during the daytime if you have ambient light where the TV is located. Thanks.

Jugsta 02-05-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe23111 (Post 57377420)

I think it is more like YMMV. My local BB pricematched this exact TV on Sunday. I logged onto Paul's TV, applied the coupon and showed them. They said ok.

I wonder if there just hasn't been any guidance from their corporate offices regarding their online price match policy that was instituted for the holidays. Maybe they just haven't stopped what was a nationwide policy over the holidays.

pjdavep 02-05-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jg62 (Post 57378640)
Any comments by current owners on performance during the daytime if you have ambient light where the TV is located. Thanks.

I helped a buddy setup his 60GT50 last week and he had a wall of windows opposite of his TV wall. It was the 'worst' part of the day for glare and it was noticeable on the TV and a little distracting for me on the darker scenes. I can't really compare anything else since every room is different and he had his old 50" LG plasma off the wall before I got there.

The TV looked awesome, despite the reflections. My suggestion is to use any extra money saved on some nice curtains :D

Later,
pjdavep

crimedog 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

I have to change mine from D-Nice settings to THX Bright Room but it's just fine for me. This set is brighter than my 46ST30 by a good amount so I wouldn't hesitate to put it into a normal room. With a bright, bright room I would consider going LED but the PQ is so much better that I'd find a way to limit the light...

Samsonit 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jugsta (Post 57378852)
I think it is more like YMMV. My local BB pricematched this exact TV on Sunday. I logged onto Paul's TV, applied the coupon and showed them. They said ok.

I wonder if there just hasn't been any guidance from their corporate offices regarding their online price match policy that was instituted for the holidays. Maybe they just haven't stopped what was a nationwide policy over the holidays.

What coupon was that?

I think they allowed it cuz pauls has some B&M shops around town.

gabe23111 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slee2828 (Post 57379278)
What coupon was that?

I think they allowed it cuz pauls has some B&M shops around town.

Try SAVE200 - It may still work

http://www.paulstv.com/Plasma-Tel...60GT50.asp

skimrn 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiggers (Post 57378544)
No idea, would be nice if they would. They wouldn't price match the Samsung deal at tigerdirect for me. I don't know if I should wait any longer to buy or not.

Amazon will not pm Adorama. It's not listed under their matchable website list:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cus...6210#sites

But I was lucky to get pm at Best Buy for my 65VT50 for $2399. It took a long persuasion dealing with the manager, but ultimately he ok'ed it!

I like the picture quality is very good(Previous Pioneer Kuro owner). The sound quality is crap. 3D Picture quality is good. I read that best 3D TVs are made by Samsung & LG. This TV's cosmetics are among the most beautiful I've seen on the market. Very thin for plasma with the metal finish all around.

Great price for this model!

skimrn 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe23111 (Post 57377420)

I think YMMV. I got my 65VT50 price matched at Best Buy with Adorama for $2399! ;)

skimrn 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurker (Post 57378332)

cbiggers 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

i'm still waiting for better deals. i'm sure stock will run out before i'm happy and i'll have to buy a 60 series or a new series samsung.

Cinic 02-05-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

This was my biggest concern before buying the GT50. Once I realized that i don't watch that much TV during the day I decided to give it a shot. I'm happy.

Daytime reflective glare is noticeable...but not enough where I'd return it. I'm planning on putting it up on the wall with a bit of a down tilt where i don't get reflection directly from the windows behind me when I'm sitting on the couch. And the THX Bright Room setting is good for daytime like someone else noted. It's plenty bright enough for ambient light, but the direct glare could be annoying for some.

scurker 02-05-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skimrn (Post 57379536)

Darn, thanks. Maybe someone else on that list will drop the price down soon.

byrner13 02-05-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namike (Post 57376770)

Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

So it looks like a no-go for adorama, but it may be (as usual) a YMMV.

JMUFly 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van-G (Post 57376522)
Will this be the week that retailers clear out 2012 inventory?

Was hoping to pick up 65" but this is a pretty good price. Thanks Op.

I assume there is a preferred deal on flat wall mounting the 60-65" plasma's. Suggestions or link to thread discussing this?

I quite like my cheetah mount. [amazon.com] Seems very sturdy, was easy to mount, and is very slim.

jlgyork 02-05-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinic (Post 57379728)
This was my biggest concern before buying the GT50. Once I realized that i don't watch that much TV during the day I decided to give it a shot. I'm happy.

Daytime reflective glare is noticeable...but not enough where I'd return it. I'm planning on putting it up on the wall with a bit of a down tilt where i don't get reflection directly from the windows behind me when I'm sitting on the couch. And the THX Bright Room setting is good for daytime like someone else noted. It's plenty bright enough for ambient light, but the direct glare could be annoying for some.

I bought this TV from Pauls when they had it at $1699 also. I have mine set up the way you are planning to. My mount will allow a little down tilt, which helps on the glare. We have windows on each side of the TV, and a double french door on the lft side wall. We have blinds on all of them, and leave them mostly open all of the time, but slightly tilted so that light isn't just beeming in. All in all, it does a great picture, and you won't see too much glare unless you are watching something dark. Any plasma, with the glass panel, will have some sort of reflection, but there are easy ways to minimize it. Do the 100hrs prep slides, use D-Nice's settings (or someone else with equivelant rep) in custom, and use the THX Bright, if needed, for the day time.

E82N55 02-05-2013 09:27 AM

thats a good price, i'm hoping to pick up a 65" ST50 or 64" E7000 for $1800-1900. i missed the tigerdirect sale a couple of days ago.

jxl92182 02-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E82N55 (Post 57380006)
thats a good price, i'm hoping to pick up a 65" ST50 or 64" E7000 for $1800-1900. i missed the tigerdirect sale a couple of days ago.

Numerous people tell me they are not making any more of this. Everything will be sold and they bring in new models in March. Considering how well this line is selling, I really don't think they need to discount more. If u really like this, pull the trigger..i don't think it will get below $2k on the 65 inch.

E82N55 02-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jxl92182 (Post 57380250)
Numerous people tell me they are not making any more of this. Everything will be sold and they bring in new models in March. Considering how well this line is selling, I really don't think they need to discount more. If u really like this, pull the trigger..i don't think it will get below $2k on the 65 inch.

you're probably right on that, but while amazon still has stock and the prices on either one of those 2 tv's hasnt really moved around much i guess i still have time to wait things out. i'm still mad at myself for missing that 64" samsung at tigerdirect. :(

thadiyan 02-05-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E82N55 (Post 57380868)
you're probably right on that, but while amazon still has stock and the prices on either one of those 2 tv's hasnt really moved around much i guess i still have time to wait things out. i'm still mad at myself for missing that 64" samsung at tigerdirect. :(

I have been watching the price of the 65ST50 since October. Amazon had it for $2000 right around Sandy, and since then the price has gone up to $2300 and hasn't budged from that point. Last week, it was weird the 65GT50 was on sale for $2200(which I purchased), and the 65ST50 was priced slightly higher. I also feel that these models are selling very well and I don't think the price is going to come down much anymore.

ChrisML 02-05-2013 12:25 PM

Do not buy TVs from Adorama. They in no way shape or form accept any kind of return.

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

gabkw 02-05-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisML (Post 57385162)
Do not buy TVs from Adorama. They in no way shape or form accept any kind of return.

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

Thanks for this info - I asked the saleman this AM and he said 30 days. When I researched their website and saw that anything >20" was not returnable, I called him back and cancelled. He said thatnks for making him aware of this policy - he didn't know. Yeah right

here is the policy:

Items from the following categories may not be returned:

TVs and monitors 20" and higher (any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly).

Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages and contact us immediately to report the damage.

ChrisML 02-05-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabkw (Post 57388740)
Thanks for this info - I asked the saleman this AM and he said 30 days. When I researched their website and saw that anything >20" was not returnable, I called him back and cancelled. He said thatnks for making him aware of this policy - he didn't know. Yeah right

here is the policy:

Items from the following categories may not be returned:

TVs and monitors 20" and higher (any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly).

Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages and contact us immediately to report the damage.

Yeah, I've had first hand experience trying to deal with a return of a TV from these guys. I tried everything to no avail. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash from a website with some customer service. My terrible experience with this website further engrained my loyalty to Amazon.

E82N55 02-05-2013 04:14 PM

thanks for the heads up, makes my decision to wait a little longer that much easier.

Metallica 02-05-2013 06:01 PM

I am familiar with Samsung 6 and 7 series. To what model of Samsung TV can this Panasonic TV be compared to?

danboris 02-06-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallica (Post 57392786)
I am familiar with Samsung 6 and 7 series. To what model of Samsung TV can this Panasonic TV be compared to?

PN60E6500/7000/8000 I'd think.

Givemefood 02-06-2013 04:00 PM

Pauls Tv still has the deal

60" $1699 (use code SAVE200)
65" $2199 (use code SAVE300)

VarmintCong 02-06-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E82N55 (Post 57380868)

many of the Panasonics, like all ST50s have bottomed and are trending up. Buy now if you want a GT50.

goma3 02-07-2013 01:23 PM

I bought this TV in the last $1700 sale on Amazon.

Outstanding picture. Along with a Klipsch reference sound system It has made my living room a Temple to epic movie watching.

By the way, forget about ever seeing this TV for less than $1700 (actually amazon was more like 1665 after 3% rewards). At this price range they go fast and if Amazon only carried the price for a couple of days you can reasonably expect that to be the bottom.

And since these TVs (ST,GT,VT) were nothing less than the best TVs of 2012, you have pretty much anyone who reads CNET, etc as your competition for these bad boys.

$1700 is great price and most likely the lowest you will ever see for this set.

goma3 02-07-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisML (Post 57388798)
Yeah, I've had first hand experience trying to deal with a return of a TV from these guys. I tried everything to no avail. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash from a website with some customer service. My terrible experience with this website further engrained my loyalty to Amazon.

+1 on these comments

Adorama CS has already stated many times that they do not accept returns for +20in TVs and this is probably why they have such great prices, particularly on the VT series where they were basically the 1st to have the $2399 for a 65VT50.

I personally view CS as an absolute must when buying such high ticket items. If you find any damage on one of these after delivery and you cannot return them, you have to deal directly with Panasonic which will forever change your perception of "bad customer service" (as will dealing with any manufacturer directly be it Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, etc)

Buy, Amazon, Pauls are much better places to buy these high ticket items.

paddyb 02-09-2013 01:11 PM

I am ready to pull the trigger on a new tv. Is this the one? I dont want to spend more than $2000. I will hang set in living room replacing the 50 inch plasma PannyThe room is not dark but not overly bright with 2 double hung windows to the left og the set. Plasma or something else. I want this to be THE set. Any help please? Thanks