Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Dell OptiPlex Desktop PC: Core i7 3770 3.4GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB, DVDRW, Win 7 Pro $203 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5840592-dell-optiplex-desktop-pc-core-i7-3770-3-4ghz-4gb-ddr3-500gb-hdd-amd-radeon-hd-7470-1gb-dvdrw-win-7-pro-203)

cutrate 02-05-2013 08:44 AM

Dell OptiPlex Desktop PC: Core i7 i7-3770 3.4GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB, DVDRW, Win 7 Pro $203
 
1 Attachment(s)
I was looking for an inexpensive desktop with Win7 Pro pre-installed and came across this deal on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6883155477

It's $194.99 plus shipping cost of $7.99

Specs:

Brand
DELL

Series
OptiPlex

Model
7010 MT (469-3164)

Type
Business Desktops & Workstations

Form Factor
Mini Tower

Usage
Business

Processor
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz

Processor Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor
8MB L3 Cache

Memory
4GB DDR3 1600

Hard Drive
500GB

Optical Drive 1
DVDR/RW

Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB

Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet

Power Supply
275W

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Motherboard

Chipset
Intel Q77

CPU

CPU Type
Intel Core i7

CPU Speed
3770(3.40GHz)

L3 Cache Per CPU
8MB

CPU Socket Type
LGA 1155

CPU Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Max Turbo Frequency 3.9 GHz

Graphics

GPU/VPU Type
AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB

Memory

Memory Capacity
4GB DDR3

Memory Speed
DDR3 1600

Maximum Memory Supported
16GB

Hard Drive

HDD Capacity
500GB

HDD Interface
SATA

HDD RPM
7200rpm

Optical Drive

Optical Drive Type
DVD+R/RW

Display Spec

Screen Size
No

Communications

LAN Speed
10/100/1000Mbps

Front Panel Ports

Front USB
4 x USB 2.0

Front Audio Ports
2

Back Panel Ports

Video Ports
1 VGA

Rear USB
4 x USB 2.0
4 x USB 3.0

RJ45
1 port

Physical Spec

Dimensions
16.4" x 14.2" x 6.9"

Weight
20.68 lb

brisar 02-05-2013 08:44 AM

Dell OptiPlex Desktop PC: Core i7 3770 3.4GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB, DVDRW, Win 7 Pro $203
 
2 Attachment(s)
Newegg has Dell OptiPlex Desktop PC for $194.99. Shipping is $7.99. Thanks cutrate

Specs:
  • Core i7 i7-3770 3.4GHz
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 500GB HDD
  • AMD Radeon HD 7470 1GB
  • DVDRW
  • Win 7 Pro

wikipost 02-05-2013 08:44 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
OOS and Newegg is cancelling orders.

PrjctArchAngel 02-05-2013 08:50 AM

Seems worth it for the processor alone. Thanks op +1

thehash 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

how much ram can be upgraded and the graphics card? does this support 2 monitors?

urbach 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

O.o what the heck... this price doesn't seem right. I want to order but I'm skeered.

gameplayhype 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

$195 for an i7? An i7 itself costs ~$300. What am I missing?

Apatel 02-05-2013 08:53 AM

I don't know what I'm missing, but I got one.

indianexpert 02-05-2013 08:53 AM

surely price mistake

jmoxon22 02-05-2013 08:54 AM

Price error? In for one!

leematthews 02-05-2013 08:54 AM

Seems like an error. It's selling for $700+ everywhere else.

Unreal89 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

in 4 1. thnx

cellneuron 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

don't waste your time. No way you will get it. CPU alone costs $300.

ecnica 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

OOS, placed order within minutes of seen the post.

Thank you for choosing Newegg!

We regret to inform you that your order has been voided due to insufficient stock. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled.

urbach 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Uhh... I bought it. Still a little weirded out. Probably will get cancelled but what the hell. :D

supernoman 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

No HDMI? Pass. :p

ZippyHendirez 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

In for a cancel!

*20 seconds later* And there it is!

dadab 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

What makes you guys think this will ship?

khajur7 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecnica (Post 57377720)
OOS, placed order within minutes of seen the post.

Thank you for choosing Newegg!

We regret to inform you that your order has been voided due to insufficient stock. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled.

did you get an email or said it on the site?

phiettran 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

OOS missed the deallll lol

Kevoo_11 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

OOS already

jreuschl 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

Try to check out, get this: "We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, item (469-3164 ) has been removed from your shopping cart because of insufficient stock and/or it cannot be shipped to your location."

Dimon1990 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

OOS in cart :(

Audrin 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

OOS whee

wkc250 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

Is a price mistake, I'm sure.

pc1654 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

Unable to check out. Deal dead, I think.

alpenglow 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

Omg oos

dong 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

in 4 1. repped.

- my order went through (at 10:00 AM CST), waiting for confirmation e-mail

Figjr24 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

Dead?


DELL 469-3164 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.


Your shopping cart is empty.

rjones85 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

OOS cancellations coming!

bch7 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

In 4 two... Likely to get canceled but what the hell...

loqshio 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

OOS

Good luck to everyone who ordered!

imgamekc 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

16 GB max ram
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehash (Post 57377580)
how much ram can be upgraded and the graphics card? does this support 2 monitors?

Details shows 16 GB max ram

urbach 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

Ah sh**.

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com!

We regret to inform you that your order could not be completed. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled.

Order Information:

Sales Order Number: ********9 Sales Order Date: 2/5/2013 7:56:45 AM


Item List:

1 x ($194.99) Dell OptiPlex Desktop Computer - Intel Core i7 i7-3770 3.40 GHz - Mini-tower $194.99



Newegg targets a 2-day turnaround for all orders; therefore we do not backorder any items. Any out-of-stock items in your order were removed, and you were only charged for in-stock items that have, or will ship shortly.

We invite you to subscribe to the auto-notification feature if available on the product page. You may also want to search our site for comparable items.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. We sincerely hope that you will consider placing an order with us again when your desired items are back in stock.

If you have any questions, please visit our Contact Us Page.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team










Oh well, valiant attempt, gents!

santiagoanders 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

Saw this at the top of the deal list when it was 2 seconds old. Didn't realize what it was.

rogueone 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

DOA. OOS email right away. No even order confirmation.

brazeal1230 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

I received an email confirmation, but I ordered as soon as I saw the deal. Fingers crossed...

easymonies 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

price mistake.... would have been a killer deal though.

imgamekc 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Great price but one thing I would be sure of is upgrading the VERY LOW 275 W Power Supply

thehash 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

out of stock =/ dammmmit i needed something quick

ecnica 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khajur7 (Post 57377746)
did you get an email or said it on the site?

2 emails received.

urbach 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khajur7 (Post 57377746)
did you get an email or said it on the site?

received email

SlickAppraiser 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

"We regret to inform you that your order could not be completed. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled."

Yep...within minutes of ordering.

ysert 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

OOS in almost few minutes :) I was checking the price at other places, came back to Newegg to check out, it was OOS...

pc1654 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

Wow, either they had very limited stocks or they discovered it right away. If it were the latter, they are good.

ResidentPony 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

Yeah, too good to be true. Otherwise I'd have me a nice Beowulf cluster.

nihir 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

Received an OOS email soon after placing an order.

khajur7 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbach (Post 57377854)
received email

yup.. i got one too in seconds after saw urs...

JBond69 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Gone as soon I logged in to check out :-(


DELL 469-3164 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.

redeyedog 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

I was in. Would've been nice.. TU!!

WhatsYoFlava 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Newegg is dumping all the Dell computers for insane prices because they went private!

Kidding lol

wdilworth 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Out of stock. Thanks anyway.

Dajinn 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

people are confusing an order cancellation due to an item mis print with a cancellation because too many orders were placed at the same time that didn't exactly equal the current stock. has anyone gotten an actual cancellation that said "due to an error in pricing"?

andy123h 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along...

...and try not to think of what might have been :mad:

urbach 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1654 (Post 57377876)
Wow, either they had very limited stocks or they discovered it right away. If it were the latter, they are good.

Well just because OP here discovered it just now doesn't mean it hasn't been up for a few hours and some other site mobbed it. :) SDers are da best, but we don't get #1 on everything.

imgamekc 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

Dead
 
[QUOTE=cutrate;57377408]I was looking for an inexpensive desktop with Win7 Pro pre-installed and came across this deal on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6883155477

It's $194.99 plus shipping cost of $7.99


DEAD.. price mistake emails cancellations are out there already

Lord2Fight 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

OOS

Was thinking about buying for my parents

kalekanchha 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supernoman (Post 57377738)
No HDMI? Pass. :p

No HDMI, no stock, no good price (too low), pass.

4orced4door 02-05-2013 09:04 AM

No way this will be fulfilled for anyone. Shouldn't be FP.

BrianC811 02-05-2013 09:04 AM

Dang it, totally didn't need it and would have been all over it if not OOS!

etalau 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

oos...I am thinking about getting a desktop for myself recently..

berrydingle 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

Lame oos

YoTony 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

Mine shipped! Is what I was looking forward to saying :-(

saalsa 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

Ordered it then got an email saying it was out of stock and the ordered was not filled.

tvdang7 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

damn too slow.

Fighting Amish 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

Rule number 1: Don't think... just buy. If you click to read comments to find out if it's a price mistake, you're going to miss out on the price mistake.

Can anyone post if they receive this computer at this price? It's an interesting storyline... for entertainment purposes only.

tinymonkeyt 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

If this already went out of stock, why was it front paged -.-x?

hm2 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supernoman (Post 57377738)
No HDMI? Pass. :p

no liquid cooling, no radeon 7970, no SSD

pass.

sho0318 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Wondering if the OP also got a cancellation e-mail....

lassie 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Has anyone who got an order confirmation got a cancellation letter later?

Meetloaf 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

crAP....OOS

pc1654 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Of course it's a price mistake. Probably that $795 became $195. :-)

jmoxon22 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lassie (Post 57378036)
Has anyone who got an order confirmation got a cancellation letter later?


I got an order confirm, no cancellation yet.

woomer051 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Buying this is like still watching your team return a kickoff for a touchdown even when you see a flag back at the 20 yard line. Yes its a touchdown, just like many have added this to the cart and paid, lets just say this one will be coming back LOL. Still worth a shot though. Probably hit the 2 key instead of the 5.

OstrichSak 02-05-2013 09:08 AM

Bummer. I, too, was looking for something just like this for the garage to replace my crappy old machine that is getting a LOT more use now that my shop is done.

allen060421 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

amazon had the same thing for like 245
http://www.amazon.com/DELL-OPTIPL...op+i7+3770

SlickAppraiser 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

I seriously doubt anyone's order made it through. Obvious price mistake that Newegg was not going to allow to happen. That's why they have these wonderful "out of stock" form emails. I'm sure they have a whole shelf of them that aren't going anywhere at that price.

lantzuh 02-05-2013 09:11 AM

Im amazed how fast the cancelations were. If it was a price mistake, shouldn't they have been able to change it ASAP since the price mistake emails were instant.

sho0318 02-05-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickAppraiser (Post 57378118)
I seriously doubt anyone's order made it through. Obvious price mistake that Newegg was not going to allow to happen. That's why they have these wonderful "out of stock" form emails. I'm sure they have a whole shelf of them that aren't going anywhere at that price.

At least they were quick in fixing their errors instead of having buyers hanging there for days. Got to give them credit for that.

SDRebel 02-05-2013 09:12 AM

crap, was going to buy right away, but OOS of course

urbach 02-05-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutrate (Post 57377408)
I was looking for an inexpensive desktop with Win7 Pro pre-installed and came across this deal on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6883155477

It's $194.99 plus shipping cost of $7.99

Mr. OP, did you get cancelled? :)

supernoman 02-05-2013 09:12 AM

Dell going private super sale!

lassie 02-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho0318 (Post 57378162)
At least they were quick in fixing their errors instead of having buyers hanging there for days. Got to give them credit for that.

Yes, it's amazing how newegg handled it. Very well run online sales.

pc1654 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen060421 (Post 57378114)
amazon had the same thing for like 245
http://www.amazon.com/DELL-OPTIPL...op+i7+3770

$245? Either you or me must be daydreaming. :)

OstrichSak 02-05-2013 09:14 AM


Yeah... like $245. If you think $842 is like $245 then yes.. pretty darn close. :lmao:

cobinov 02-05-2013 09:17 AM

Sweet! Payment was charged. Let's see if I get a tracking number.

allen060421 02-05-2013 09:17 AM

Amazon sold out, believe it or not

pc1654 02-05-2013 09:17 AM

I doubt that it is really out of stock. It is that Newegg discovered it and put a stop on it, I think.
I doubt that Newegg's inventory check system is really that bad that it allowed so many people ordered it, confirmed, and then put out cancellaiton emails.

brazeal1230 02-05-2013 09:18 AM

I received a second email stating that my payment was successfully processed. Now, the third will be a cancellation or shipping email! Lol.

Threxx 02-05-2013 09:19 AM

The 7010s are great towers... I just bought 40 of them for my workplace and am really happy with them. My config included an SSD, Office, Acrobat Standard and some other upgrades for around $930/unit, but I was still going to be pretty upset if I paid what I paid directly from Dell and then this deal was legit!

pc1654 02-05-2013 09:19 AM

Guys, just the CPU alone retails for more than $195, so those $195 or even $245 prices couldn't be for real without a mistake. Just look at the regular $800+ prices at Amazon.

supernoman 02-05-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1654 (Post 57378388)
Guys, just the CPU alone retails for more than $195, so those $195 or even $245 prices couldn't be for real without a mistake. Just look at the regular $800+ prices at Amazon.


Oh really? ;)

Buckyball60 02-05-2013 09:22 AM

Congrats if that gets shipped.

dpham00 02-05-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellneuron (Post 57377716)
don't waste your time. No way you will get it. CPU alone costs $300.

I wasted my time getting an hp $100 pc price mistake, but still well worth it because they gave me a free 23" monitor.

woomer051 02-05-2013 09:26 AM

This is a price mistake but still, we can all learn from it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peter...o-private/

Dell is going private, therefor keep and eye out in days to come incase there is serious clears.

jmoxon22 02-05-2013 09:28 AM

These "waste of time" posts always crack me up. I understand your grapes are sour, but be real. What are doing here? Looking for deals? Is this one? Yes! May it get cancelled? Certainly may. How much skin comes off our collective nose if that happens? None!

WhatsYoFlava 02-05-2013 09:30 AM

Payment charged for 2

pnuticus 02-05-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsYoFlava (Post 57378612)
Payment charged for 2

Score!

Unreal89 02-05-2013 09:33 AM

Aw shucks, another one bites the dust.

gameplayhype 02-05-2013 09:33 AM

Payment charged. Says it's "Packaging"

urbach 02-05-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woomer051 (Post 57378534)
This is a price mistake but still, we can all learn from it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peter...o-private/

Dell is going private, therefor keep and eye out in days to come incase there is serious clears.

I read that article, but with no economic knowledge don't really understand why this would lead to serious clearances on Dell machines. Can you explain to a n00b? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsYoFlava (Post 57378612)
Payment charged for 2

So I was just too slow. DAMN ME SLOW PERSON! :mad:

woomer051 02-05-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbach (Post 57378748)
I read that article, but with no economic knowledge don't really understand why this would lead to serious clearances on Dell machines. Can you explain to a n00b? :)



So I was just too slow. DAMN ME SLOW PERSON! :mad:

Nothing says there WILL be sales. Simply a new CEO at HP started new decisions and the liquidation of the HP touchpad. New decisions may downsize or even eliminate some segments though. Nothing is for certain, news like this does mean some sort of change though.

Also heard apple was going to buy them out, take all the inventory, load macintosh OS, surround it with aluminum and sell it for 4 times as much, but it didn't fall through. (sorry, I had to)

indianexpert 02-05-2013 09:44 AM

shipped

jayboydog 02-05-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbach (Post 57378748)
I read that article, but with no economic knowledge don't really understand why this would lead to serious clearances on Dell machines. Can you explain to a n00b? :)

agree there's no reason for fire sale pricing. notebooks lacking win8 touchscreen will probably be going down quickly and machines not capable of running win8 too. (Walt Mossberg in WSJ wrote about his diff time upgrading two relatively new machines to win8).
also, expect new higher resolution displays to push down prices of lower res items.

HalfAmazingOne 02-05-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianexpert (Post 57378944)
shipped

In before someone asks for proof. :bounce:

urbach 02-05-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianexpert (Post 57378944)
shipped

Damn yous!

(grats)

bobma 02-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apatel (Post 57377620)
I don't know what I'm missing, but I got one.

no you didn't :shake:

SlickAppraiser 02-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfAmazingOne (Post 57379192)
In before someone asks for proof. :bounce:

Yeah, even with "Rush" shipping, I've never had Newegg ship within 5 hours. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are a bunch of trolls here.

indianexpert 02-05-2013 10:09 AM

Guys I ordered 4:44am this morning. Payment was charged around 6am and was in packing stage until now.. I was about to post here but I didn't think it as big deal. I got HP from bestbuy with lower processor for $249 yesterday (clearance thread)

lassie 02-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianexpert (Post 57379542)
I was about to post here but I didn't think it as big deal.

:lmao::lmao: obviously too much time to waste

yimnvs 02-05-2013 10:18 AM

I didn't order one but it still shipped.

pc1654 02-05-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianexpert (Post 57379542)
Guys I ordered 4:44am this morning. Payment was charged around 6am and was in packing stage until now.. I was about to post here but I didn't think it as big deal. I got HP from bestbuy with lower processor for $249 yesterday (clearance thread)

Next time, please inform me first these "not so big deal". :)
Lower processor? It must be much lower, or the thread would have made front page? :)

jteslik 02-05-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbach (Post 57377812)
You may also want to search our site for comparable items.

Hrmm, I guess I'll browse around for more $200 i7 rigs xD

pc1654 02-05-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jteslik (Post 57381024)
Hrmm, I guess I'll browse around for more $200 i7 rigs xD

That is, what I will call, true "waste of time". :)

AznCracker 02-05-2013 11:08 AM

lol damn this was an awesome deal if it came through. Good idea to not post price mistakes. That way at least one person would get it.

thumper300zx 02-05-2013 11:17 AM

Wow -- dang.

Michael04 02-05-2013 11:21 AM

no hdmi
no dvi
275W power

i'd say medium-warm deal :/

dubleo 02-05-2013 11:34 AM

I got a cancellation notice before this hit the front page. How many others had the same thing happen to them?


Edit: WHY DID THIS HIT FRONT PAGE!!!?

Price mistakes are supposed to be obscure so that the lurkers don't mess it up that easily.

BoomSchtick 02-05-2013 11:35 AM

Dang... I'd have been in for 20!

Mystereevan 02-05-2013 11:45 AM

What is ironic is people who waste time posting on this thread saying "this is a waste of time deal".. rofl

planeguy 02-05-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubleo (Post 57381832)
I got a cancellation notice before this hit the front page. How many others had the same thing happen to them?


Edit: WHY DID THIS HIT FRONT PAGE!!!?

Price mistakes are supposed to be obscure so that the lurkers don't mess it up that easily.

I agree, This should not have been FP after its dead!

Now, we will all have to put up with the people who thread crap and criticize every similar system for more than 200 bucks as a lame deal while referencing this mythical deal as a new baseline for a SD. This deal was live for minuites and maybe a handful of people actually scored it, But every one will be told that an i7 can be had for $200

brazeal1230 02-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael04 (Post 57381474)
no hdmi
no dvi
275W power

i'd say medium-warm deal :/

Wrong. It does have DVI and DP and you could buy a cheap adapter for HDMI.

Medium warm? A $800 computer for under $200? The CPU alone costs around $290. :confused:

urbach 02-05-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jteslik (Post 57381024)
Hrmm, I guess I'll browse around for more $200 i7 rigs xD

Uh... I didn't say what you had me quoted as saying in your post. What the heck? I never typed that, and can't find that post in this thread by anybody else either. Are you faking quotes or something?

teknotronic 02-05-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbach (Post 57382360)
Uh... I didn't say what you had me quoted as saying in your post. What the heck? I never typed that, and can't find that post in this thread by anybody else either. Are you faking quotes or something?

lol calm down mr paranoid. you actually DID say that, it was in your post from Newegg. Page 3.

Protip, if you click the Arrow in the message you are quoted, it takes you to the post it was quoted from.

scott_gatech 02-05-2013 12:00 PM

back in stock.

mojoblow 02-05-2013 12:03 PM

Someone should tell amazon if they can price match. :lmao:

Sam Hobbs 02-05-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknotronic (Post 57382492)
lol calm down mr paranoid. you actually DID say that, it was in your post from Newegg. Page 3.

Look again; it is not in that page.

KissMeI'mIrish 02-05-2013 12:06 PM

back in stock a minute ago. just ordered one.

pc1654 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

Yeah, just ordered one. Hope it ships.

talijay 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

OOS again..

andy12345 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

well, someone ordered the hell out of it again. OOS now, but it is NewEgg, you never know if you will actually get it.

StaRn3ss 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

Yeah I managed to order one, but got an email saying OOS.....

iluvu4eternity 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

just placed an order, hope it goes thru! 250 with 1 day shipping :D

SlickAppraiser 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

My order confirmation came through...we'll see. Not holding my breath...ok, maybe I am :lol:

danche 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

I just got confirmation:

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com.

We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: xxxxxxx) has been successfully charged to your Paypal and order verification is now complete.

If you have any questions, please visit our Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

KissMeI'mIrish 02-05-2013 12:09 PM

and i just got the OOS email. wow that was fast, about 3 minutes after ordering.

Sam Hobbs 02-05-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gatech (Post 57382564)
back in stock.

Did you investigate what has been said here? Did you click on "Add to Cart"? Previous post(s) here say when they add it to their cart it says it is out of stock. That happens to me; does that not happen to you?

iluvu4eternity 02-05-2013 12:10 PM

order was cancelled, boooooo

sho0318 02-05-2013 12:11 PM

"We regret to inform you that your order could not be completed. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled."

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gatech (Post 57382564)
back in stock.

Got an order in. Pray for fast shipping.

Got confirmation email. Not the we are out of stock email, the thank you for your order email.

rking0122 02-05-2013 12:13 PM

Mine has made it through the payment charged status. Got this for the few minutes it came back. Hopefully this works. Thanks OP!

pc1654 02-05-2013 12:14 PM

Out of stock email too shortly after order. What are they playing with? :(

StaRn3ss 02-05-2013 12:14 PM

Trolling at it's maximum by newegg lol. I really want one >_>
STOP ORDERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE xD

sablenbagles 02-05-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1654 (Post 57382966)
Out of stock email too shortly after order. What are they playing with? :(

Your mind. :D Yooouuuuu are never, ever, ever getting this computer. :lmao:

scott_gatech 02-05-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrdyldo (Post 57382876)
Got an order in. Pray for fast shipping.

Got confirmation email. Not the we are out of stock email, the thank you for your order email.

Same here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs (Post 57382816)
Did you investigate what has been said here? Did you click on "Add to Cart"? Previous post(s) here say when they add it to their cart it says it is out of stock. That happens to me; does that not happen to you?

Hmm. wield. I ordered just 10 minutes ago with no problem. My american express has been charged. Order went though. I even got an email from google's trusted store protection kind of thing. If newegg cancels then I will count on google's protection. We'll see.

TheGiantInc 02-05-2013 12:22 PM

annnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd............mine was cancelled.

SlickAppraiser 02-05-2013 12:23 PM

"We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: ###########) has been successfully charged to your Mastercard and order verification is now complete."

Yea!!!!

BTW, if this truly goes through, I'll apologize for all those that I said were trolling! Honestly.

sherifftaylor 02-05-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknotronic (Post 57382492)
Protip, if you click the Arrow in the message you are quoted, it takes you to the post it was quoted from.

I did not know that - don't know if I would have ever used it - but it is nice to know!

THANKS!

nemodealer 02-05-2013 12:25 PM

Mine got charged and shipped. Issue is no wireless card :(

rking0122 02-05-2013 12:26 PM

For those of you with cancellations--did you receive an email that your payment was charged? Or did the email come before that?

One like this....

We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXXX) has been successfully charged to your American Express and order verification is now complete.

sho0318 02-05-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rking0122 (Post 57383346)
For those of you with cancellations--did you receive an email that your payment was charged? Or did the email come before that?

One like this....

We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXXX) has been successfully charged to your American Express and order verification is now complete.

I only received the OOS e-mail.

pc1654 02-05-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rking0122 (Post 57383346)
For those of you with cancellations--did you receive an email that your payment was charged? Or did the email come before that?

One like this....

We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: XXXXXXXXX) has been successfully charged to your American Express and order verification is now complete.

I got a paypal confirmation email, but that doesn't mean anything. Still get two cancellation emails! Yes, two different emails to assure that my order has been cancelled!

scott_gatech 02-05-2013 12:30 PM

Did anybody click "Google's Trusted Store Protection" offer, for free, after finishing the order?

I clicked that one and got an email from Google saying that they will protect (what does this mean anyway?) my order.

If newegg won't ship it then Google will punish'em? :-)

The following is the email I got immediately after the order.

___________________________________________________

Hello,

Your Newegg.com order is protected through the Google Trusted Stores program. Learn more.

Below, you'll find a summary of your order and instructions for requesting help.

Order Details
___________________________________________________

Google Trusted Stores Reference ID: XXXX-XXXX-c095-XXXX

Newegg.com Order Number: XXXXXXXXX
DT DELL |469-3164 R (Qty: 1)

Newegg.com Estimated Shipping Date: Feb 7, 2013
___________________________________________________


If you have an issue with your order, here's what to do:

First, give Newegg.com the chance to directly address your questions or issues. Please contact Newegg.com.
If you've contacted Newegg.com and still need help with an order issue, let us know in your account.


Sincerely,
The Google Trusted Stores Team

Visit our Help Center for more information, or log into your Trusted Stores account.

StaRn3ss 02-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1654 (Post 57383456)
I got a paypal confirmation email, but that doesn't mean anything. Still get two cancellation emails! Yes, two different emails to assure that my order has been cancelled!

Same here... One to say order was canceled, second one to say it was voided. SO lame.

iluvu4eternity 02-05-2013 12:32 PM

this wont go thru boys, dont waste time any longer :D

Buckyball60 02-05-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gatech (Post 57383502)
Did anybody click "Google's Trusted Store Protection" offer, for free, after finishing the order?

I clicked that one and got an email from Google saying that they will protect (what does this mean anyway?) my order.

If newegg won't ship it then Google will punish'em? :-)

The following is the email I got immediately after the order.

___________________________________________________

Hello,

Your Newegg.com order is protected through the Google Trusted Stores program. Learn more.

Below, you'll find a summary of your order and instructions for requesting help.

Order Details
___________________________________________________

Google Trusted Stores Reference ID: XXXX-XXXX-c095-XXXX

Newegg.com Order Number: XXXXXXXXX
DT DELL |469-3164 R (Qty: 1)

Newegg.com Estimated Shipping Date: Feb 7, 2013
___________________________________________________


If you have an issue with your order, here's what to do:

First, give Newegg.com the chance to directly address your questions or issues. Please contact Newegg.com.
If you've contacted Newegg.com and still need help with an order issue, let us know in your account.


Sincerely,
The Google Trusted Stores Team

Visit our Help Center for more information, or log into your Trusted Stores account.

Do your really think that protects you from a price mistake? :confused:

Anyway, there are only two good things about this machine. First the i7 and second that Optiplex has 3 years NBD warranty, the rest is basically not worth much money.

scott_gatech 02-05-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 57383608)
Do your really think that protects you from a price mistake? :confused:

Anyway, there are only two good things about this machine. First the i7 and second that Optiplex has 3 years NBD warranty, the rest is basically not worth much money.

How can this be a price mistake if they made it available after a few hours of all these.

I'd say Google's protection is better than nothing.

Google says, their purchase protection will cover:

Purchase protection covers the entire purchase amount, including tax and shipping. Purchase protection is limited to $1,000 in lifetime claims. To report an issue in your account, you have 60 days after you place your order.

Eligible purchase protection issues include the following:

You fail to receive the correct item.
The item is not in the promised condition.
You are billed an incorrect amount.
The item is not shipped in a timely manner.
The store does not honor their return policies.

pc1654 02-05-2013 12:39 PM

Frankly, if they don't want more negative sentiments towards the competence of their site's inventory tracking, they should have disabled that product page altogether.

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1654 (Post 57383752)
Frankly, if they don't want more negative sentiments towards the competence of their site's inventory tracking, they should have disabled that product page altogether.

That's what I thought.

spectheintro 02-05-2013 12:43 PM

Well, my card was successfully charged, so here's to hoping. I would absolutely love to get this machine; I have been dying for an Ivy Bridge *anything* and this would be a massive improvement over what I currently have.

katraju 02-05-2013 12:55 PM

Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

I just really don't need one now as I got one during balck friday for $700. But just ordered thinking that will cancel. But looks like they are shipping!

urbach 02-05-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknotronic (Post 57382492)
lol calm down mr paranoid. you actually DID say that, it was in your post from Newegg. Page 3.

Protip, if you click the Arrow in the message you are quoted, it takes you to the post it was quoted from.

Ah, you were quoting part of my own quote of the email Newegg sent to me, but it made it look like I had said it about SDeals. Confusion averted... but still the way you quoted it made it look like I was saying it about SDeals, which I wasn't. =\

Thanks for the tip about the arrow to look back.

residentjack 02-05-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katraju (Post 57384214)
Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

I just really don't need one now as I got one during balck friday for $700. But just ordered thinking that will cancel. But looks like they are shipping!

Ok, then I'll buy it from you for $300?

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katraju (Post 57384214)
Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

I just really don't need one now as I got one during balck friday for $700. But just ordered thinking that will cancel. But looks like they are shipping!

Mine changed to the same. No freaking way it ships.

GeoffreyN 02-05-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gatech (Post 57383674)
How can this be a price mistake if they made it available after a few hours of all these.

I'd say Google's protection is better than nothing.

Google says, their purchase protection will cover:

Purchase protection covers the entire purchase amount, including tax and shipping. Purchase protection is limited to $1,000 in lifetime claims. To report an issue in your account, you have 60 days after you place your order.

Eligible purchase protection issues include the following:

You fail to receive the correct item.
The item is not in the promised condition.
You are billed an incorrect amount.
The item is not shipped in a timely manner.
The store does not honor their return policies.

Sounds like the best Google can do is give/get you a refund. Newegg never charged you, so don't expect anything.

spectheintro 02-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrdyldo (Post 57384552)
Mine changed to the same.

Yep, mine too; claims it's at the packaging stage. Here's to hoping; I could *really* use the machine.

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectheintro (Post 57384770)
Yep, mine too; claims it's at the packaging stage. Here's to hoping; I could *really* use the machine.

I would do one of three things on this.

1. Sell it for profit. Worth $800 new
2. Stripping out the processor, memory and hard drive for other use.
3. Replacing the power supply and throwing in a better video cord. Existing PSU won't support much more graphics wise.

rking0122 02-05-2013 01:35 PM

Has anyone actually had status change to shipped? My experience with Newegg is that they don't usually change to shipped same day, but thought I'd ask.

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rking0122 (Post 57385438)
Has anyone actually had status change to shipped? My experience with Newegg is that they don't usually change to shipped same day, but thought I'd ask.

Yes if your order is early enough on Newegg it will ship. I think these are borderline to ship same day. Might be the only thing that saves it.

bch7 02-05-2013 01:48 PM

Ordered two within 12 minutes of OP and they still show "payment processed and passed order verification" and at "packaging" status. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

fyu 02-05-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrdyldo (Post 57385564)
Yes if your order is early enough on Newegg it will ship. I think these are borderline to ship same day. Might be the only thing that saves it.

newegg does delivery intercepts

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 57385880)
newegg does delivery intercepts

Wow, never seen that. Would make me a bit sad, but I get it. If 100 orders go through they lose $60k

spectheintro 02-05-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrdyldo (Post 57384882)
I would do one of three things on this.

1. Sell it for profit. Worth $800 new
2. Stripping out the processor, memory and hard drive for other use.
3. Replacing the power supply and throwing in a better video cord. Existing PSU won't support much more graphics wise.

I'd be doing the 3rd. I have 16GB of RAM, a Radeon 5870, and a 600w Seasonic that would be just peachy next to that i7. :)

jteslik 02-05-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknotronic (Post 57382492)
lol calm down mr paranoid. you actually DID say that, it was in your post from Newegg. Page 3.

Protip, if you click the Arrow in the message you are quoted, it takes you to the post it was quoted from.

Nifty. I'm going to use this now :D

lassie 02-05-2013 03:38 PM

Has anyone gotten a tracking number ??

AznCracker 02-05-2013 03:43 PM

Just wondering. Will dell gift cards still work after they go private?

rking0122 02-05-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznCracker (Post 57388764)
Just wondering. Will dell gift cards still work after they go private?

Just because they go private doesn't mean the company is different. It just means the ownership is different. So long as Dell, Inc. exists, they SHOULD work.

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lassie (Post 57388630)
Has anyone gotten a tracking number ??

nope not yet

mattzero 02-05-2013 04:04 PM

Dead. It now says that it is out of stock. Bummer, I would have tried for this one in a heartbeat.

spectheintro 02-05-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lassie (Post 57388630)
Has anyone gotten a tracking number ??

Still waiting. It's driving me insane; I keep hoping the thing will ship so I can start doing cartwheels.

dealstorm 02-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 57385880)
newegg does delivery intercepts

How does that work? I'm imagining an ex-pro linebacker taking out the UPS guy as he walks to the door...

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealstorm (Post 57389390)
How does that work? I'm imagining an ex-pro linebacker taking out the UPS guy as he walks to the door...

They get in touch with FedEx or UPS and tell them to return to sender. Would be a huge pain in the ass, but worth the time on this sort of thing.

Buckyball60 02-05-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealstorm (Post 57389390)
How does that work? I'm imagining an ex-pro linebacker taking out the UPS guy as he walks to the door...

Some mouse clicks in the carriers shipping software and it's done.

They question is, once payment is processed and the item shipped if it is legal. Basically I would say at this point the buyer is the owner of the item.

helloha1 02-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katraju (Post 57384214)
Status: Packaging - Your payment has been successfully processed and has passed Order Verification. Products are being collected in the warehouse and boxed for shipment or pick up. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

I just really don't need one now as I got one during balck friday for $700. But just ordered thinking that will cancel. But looks like they are shipping!

I'll buy it for $325!

wptest 02-05-2013 04:35 PM

Anybody get one?

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wptest (Post 57389786)
Anybody get one?

Still in Packaging process. Not enough time has passed for them to ship. Still a little hope. No cancel email.

lassie 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrdyldo (Post 57390248)
Still in Packaging process. Not enough time has passed for them to ship. Still a little hope. No cancel email.


Just checked my last orders with newegg. In all of them, it took them less than four hours from order confirmation to provide a tracking number so it does not look good-orders are on hold.

umrdyldo 02-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lassie (Post 57390452)
Just checked my last orders with newegg. In all of them, it took them less than four hours from order confirmation to provide a tracking number so it does not look good-orders are on hold.

My last deal took 11 hours to ship so we are not out until we get a cancellation email. Remember we push their processing to the max because of the amount of orders have to be processed and shipped.

spectheintro 02-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lassie (Post 57390452)
Just checked my last orders with newegg. In all of them, it took them less than four hours from order confirmation to provide a tracking number so it does not look good-orders are on hold.

Not necessarily. I ordered RAM from them on 11/27/2012 at around 2PM EST. I didn't receive shipping info until 1AM EST on 11/28/2012, stating that the item had shipped at ~7PM EST.

I think what's telling is that they haven't changed the price on the product page, but instead it's just "out of stock." This makes me think that while it may have been a price mistake, they're not trying to correct it, so there may be hope. It's all grasping at straws at this point, but I would really love to own that i7-3770.

fyu 02-05-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 57389540)
Some mouse clicks in the carriers shipping software and it's done.

They question is, once payment is processed and the item shipped if it is legal. Basically I would say at this point the buyer is the owner of the item.

nope. it's not yours until it's in your possession.
seller is responsible for product until delivered.

Passenger57 02-05-2013 07:27 PM

Definitely worth it for the processor alone. Kicking myself for missing this, as I need a CPU for my new gaming rig.

kungFu-master 02-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 57389540)
Some mouse clicks in the carriers shipping software and it's done.

They question is, once payment is processed and the item shipped if it is legal. Basically I would say at this point the buyer is the owner of the item.


You are probably not aware of the Kilpsch/Yamaha - 2 receiver Story from a couple of years ago. ( 7/21/2010 to be precise ) They mistakenly added an additional receiver to the $600 bundle and 100s, maybe more ordered and almost all orders were intercepted after having been shipped, some at the point of delivery. I am sure there is still bad blood between NE and SDers to this day including me. But we continue to shop there because of their excellent prices.

It is perfectly legal and all the whining and complaining only brought some of us a few Gift Cards. But NE salvaged the screw-up.

spectheintro 02-05-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harshan9 (Post 57394072)
You are probably not aware of the Kilpsch/Yamaha - 2 receiver Story from a couple of years ago. ( 7/21/2010 to be precise ) They mistakenly added an additional receiver to the $600 bundle and 100s, maybe more ordered and almost all orders were intercepted after having been shipped, some at the point of delivery. I am sure there is still bad blood between NE and SDers to this day including me. But we continue to shop there because of their excellent prices.

It is perfectly legal and all the whining and complaining only brought some of us a few Gift Cards. But NE salvaged the screw-up.

Wow, that's unbelievable. The relation to this particular deal isn't perfect, though--this appears to be a price mistake that they still haven't corrected. The deal you reference sounds like some sort of technical glitch. It's similar to this price mistake, but there is actually a chance NewEgg (for whatever reason) meant to offload these desktops at this price. If the system was suddenly adding new items to the order, that would put it in very different territory.

Still, it's not good precedent if we know that NewEgg is willing to intercept shipment at the doorstep. :(

Cartier 02-05-2013 08:19 PM

What a great price mistake deal!
They will of course all get cancelled, but, I hope the OP gets his!

ryk1998 02-05-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 57383608)
Do your really think that protects you from a price mistake? :confused:

Anyway, there are only two good things about this machine. First the i7 and second that Optiplex has 3 years NBD warranty, the rest is basically not worth much money.


actually is a good machine...has usb 3 ports as well as ability to raid drives....I disagree..as well as being an optiplex build...having purchased optiplex for business for many years...only hiccups being crap capacitors on motherboards on gx something series early 2003 or so and odds and ends minor problems...

dealstorm 02-05-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryk1998 (Post 57397242)
actually is a good machine...has usb 3 ports as well as ability to raid drives....I disagree..as well as being an optiplex build...having purchased optiplex for business for many years...only hiccups being crap capacitors on motherboards on gx something series early 2003 or so and odds and ends minor problems...

and it comes...with a state of the art....teletype machine that sends the...latest news to the....output device of your choice...more to follow.....

StickItToEm 02-06-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealstorm (Post 57397344)
and it comes...with a state of the art....teletype machine that sends the...latest news to the....output device of your choice...more to follow.....

Lol, thanks for the laugh. Repped.

ryk1998 02-06-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealstorm (Post 57397344)
and it comes...with a state of the art....teletype machine that sends the...latest news to the....output device of your choice...more to follow.....


perhaps a little respect...lol...by the way...what was the point of your post...not terribly helpful factual information.

umrdyldo 02-06-2013 07:14 AM

Still no shipped email, but still in packaging. Not getting overly hopeful anymore.

pc1654 02-06-2013 07:17 AM

At least they have changed the product page to "discontinued" now. No more "auto email notify" stuff. :-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 PM.