Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   AMC movie tickets $7 each at Costco B&M (http://slickdeals.net/f/5844360-amc-movie-tickets-7-each-at-costco-b-m)

decowright 02-07-2013 04:41 AM

AMC movie tickets $7 each at Costco B&M
 
1 Attachment(s)
This weekend at Costco 8th - 10th $3 off movie tickets. $16.99 for 2 tickets then $3 off that price. Makes it $7 each. for gold tickets no expiration date.

wikipost 02-07-2013 04:41 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
10 Pack of Tickets are available on Costco online for $71.99 (Shipping & Handling included). In my case tax wasn't charged. Limit of Two 10 packs per household.


http://www.costco.com/.product.593231.html

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

itzraman 02-07-2013 04:47 AM

:bump:

Wow thanks OP ! Time to stack movie tickets from Costco.

sailajakumar05 02-07-2013 04:49 AM

i dont need tickets now, but repped you OP, good deal.

imposteroak 02-07-2013 04:51 AM

Time to visit the local Costco! Repped!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailajakumar05 (Post 57424152)
i dont need tickets now, but repped you OP, good deal.

No expiration date ;)

Dizzychu 02-07-2013 04:57 AM

My local Costco sells regal movie tickets. You think they will have the same kind of deal?

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

sailajakumar05 02-07-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imposteroak (Post 57424176)
Time to visit the local Costco! Repped!


No expiration date ;)

yeah i know, but I already have 2 amc tickets and with a new kid at home, its difficult to goto movies. I am thinking how to use the current 2 tickets which I have.. :)

nicklez55 02-07-2013 05:07 AM

Any limit?

delhidada 02-07-2013 05:09 AM

I have been checking for these pretty much everyday and now they show up. BTW Costco increased the prices of these by$1 and the discount is decreased by $1 also. Still a good deal. Thanks.

WideLoadHere 02-07-2013 05:21 AM

Hey OP you are fairly new, so here are some rules for you to follow
- put the price in the title.
- put the store in the title
- put B&M (brick and mortar) in the title

Other wise good find, this is a good deal

decowright 02-07-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WideLoadHere (Post 57424470)
Hey OP you are fairly new, so here are some rules for you to follow
- put the price in the title.
- put the store in the title
- put B&M (brick and mortar) in the title

Other wise good find, this is a good deal

thanks for the info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzychu (Post 57424234)
My local Costco sells regal movie tickets. You think they will have the same kind of deal?

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

I'm not sure contact them.

xxxHolic 02-07-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decowright (Post 57424090)
This weekend at Costco 8th - 10th $3 off movie tickets. $16.99 for 2 tickets then $3 off that price. Makes it $7 each. for gold tickets no expiration date.

Thanks.

Reg202 02-07-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickle (Post 57424310)
Any limit?

anyone know?

mrredskin 02-07-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WideLoadHere (Post 57424470)
Hey OP you are fairly new, so here are some rules for you to follow
- put the price in the title.
- put the store in the title
- put B&M (brick and mortar) in the title

Other wise good find, this is a good deal

i don't think OP cared

wrenbe 02-07-2013 06:34 AM

Can't find this online yet, the links for the costco.com packs of tickets are:

10pack $86.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...69852.html

4pack $33.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...39542.html

In the past online has been discounted to a certain amount (I think $5-6 per ticket) for the 10 and 4packs, and then in B&M they have had 2packs a smidge cheaper. Non-member surcharge online for the 10pack is currently 4.35 with my shipping showing $3. Non-member surcharge online for the 4pack is currently 1.70 with my shipping showing $0.

OP where did you see this advertised?

decowright 02-07-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenbe (Post 57425572)
Can't find this online yet, the links for the costco.com packs of tickets are:

10pack $86.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...69852.html

4pack $33.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...39542.html

In the past online has been discounted to a certain amount (I think $5-6 per ticket) for the 10 and 4packs, and then in B&M they have had 2packs a smidge cheaper. Non-member surcharge online for the 10pack is currently 4.35 with my shipping showing $3. Non-member surcharge online for the 4pack is currently 1.70 with my shipping showing $0.

OP where did you see this advertised?

work at location I was told there

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 57425444)
i don't think OP cared

U'm not sure how to go back and do that I tried to edit and it wouldn't let me edit title.

decowright 02-07-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg202 (Post 57425382)
anyone know?

last time they limited 10 offically don't know if they will this time.

Roland Deschain 02-07-2013 06:47 AM

do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

decowright 02-07-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 57425870)
do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

When there is a premium price at the movie theater your still have to pay the premium but you can use the ticket for the base price. These are for AMC theaters.

silvertonesx24 02-07-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 57425870)
do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

There's always a surcharge, price varies by theater

NashAttack 02-07-2013 06:52 AM

I've been waiting for this deal to come around again! They do it a different weekend every year. Thanks a bunch OP!

y2kirk1028 02-07-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 57425870)
do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

yep, you just have to pay the difference in price.

joevanni 02-07-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 57425870)
do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

At most AMC theaters their is a surcharge for 3D or IMAX. Their is really no way to get around it when purchasing AMC tickets Gold or Silver. This is why I always use Fandango codes when going to an AMC theater. Depending on the value of the code, it covers the 3D or Imax fee.

serra 02-07-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decowright (Post 57425736)
work at location I was told there


U'm not sure how to go back and do that I tried to edit and it wouldn't let me edit title.

to change title, go advanced in your edit

mmsajanl 02-07-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenbe (Post 57425572)
Can't find this online yet, the links for the costco.com packs of tickets are:

10pack $86.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...69852.html

4pack $33.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...39542.html

In the past online has been discounted to a certain amount (I think $5-6 per ticket) for the 10 and 4packs, and then in B&M they have had 2packs a smidge cheaper. Non-member surcharge online for the 10pack is currently 4.35 with my shipping showing $3. Non-member surcharge online for the 4pack is currently 1.70 with my shipping showing $0.

OP where did you see this advertised?

:shake: reading helps.. its in the OP, not yet is about right.. starts 8th

jbloggs 02-07-2013 07:40 AM

Great deal. Time to stock up for the upcoming summer blockbusters. Thanks

liquid_celica 02-07-2013 07:55 AM

I think they were $6 each last time right? still a good deal though

Bad_Boy 02-07-2013 07:59 AM

I heard you can't get points with these tickets anymore on your Amc stub card anyone know if it's true?

framos242 02-07-2013 08:05 AM

Will make a stop at Costco... Thanks!

Flyingboat 02-07-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joevanni (Post 57426000)
At most AMC theaters their is a surcharge for 3D or IMAX. Their is really no way to get around it when purchasing AMC tickets Gold or Silver. This is why I always use Fandango codes when going to an AMC theater. Depending on the value of the code, it covers the 3D or Imax fee.

Not sure why you are saying this is better from Fandango. I see codes for 20% off. A 3D movie is $13.50 so that would be $10.80. The $7 Costco ticket + 3.50 upcharge would be $10.50.

Are you getting Fandango codes much cheaper somewhere? Just not sure of what you are trying to say.

StepRightUp 02-07-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad_Boy (Post 57427544)
I heard you can't get points with these tickets anymore on your Amc stub card anyone know if it's true?

It is true. I went last weekend and was really unhappy. I had renewed my stubs subscription that morning specifically for my remaining gold tickets.

Rock31 02-07-2013 08:18 AM

I have never had an issue getting points added to my Stubs card using these tickets.

Get ticket at "Box Office" then take them to Customer Service once inside and they always apply the points without a problem.

masupo 02-07-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad_Boy (Post 57427544)
I heard you can't get points with these tickets anymore on your Amc stub card anyone know if it's true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepRightUp (Post 57427872)
It is true. I went last weekend and was really unhappy. I had renewed my stubs subscription that morning specifically for my remaining gold tickets.

I didn't know that. I just renewed my membership online yesterday. I'm considering cancelling now.

Here's the info from the Stubs T&C
https://www.amcstubs.com/StaticPa...Conditions


The following purchases or products are not eligible toward earning Rewards.

- AMC Gold Experience tickets, AMC Silver Experience tickets, and Show Snack Coupons are discount items that are NOT eligible toward earning AMC Stubs rewards, either at the time of purchase OR time of redemption.
- In conjunction with the use of a FREE box office or concession offer/pass.
- Gift cards are eligible toward earning rewards upon REDEMPTION at AMC Theatres locations in the US. They are NOT eligible toward earning rewards upon initial purchase.
- Tips given to AMC employees at the time of purchase do NOT count toward earning rewards.
- Auditorium or theatre rental fees.
- Tickets purchased for a group/organization auditorium buyout.
- Ticket purchases that are refunded.
- Purchases made at AMC Theatres’ amazon.com page.
- Purchases made at a sublet space within an AMC Theatres location.
- Redemption of remaining MovieWatchers® awards.
- Sales tax on purchases where allowed by law.
- Charitable donations or charitable products sold at AMC Theatres locations.

joevanni 02-07-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyingboat (Post 57427706)
Not sure why you are saying this is better from Fandango. I see codes for 20% off. A 3D movie is $13.50 so that would be $10.80. The $7 Costco ticket + 3.50 upcharge would be $10.50.

Are you getting Fandango codes much cheaper somewhere? Just not sure of what you are trying to say.

Fandango codes use to be cheaper and their were an abundance of deals floating around for a while but not so much anymore. Personally, I have amassed a lot of Fandango bucks through various deals in the past. They come infrequently now but you can catch them. The last deal I got was 4 fandango codes for $16 through Groupon and another two codes through one of the Trial Pay deals(2 codes for a $5 purchase). So I guess in a sense their aren't that many Fandango deals rolling around these days but all I'm saying is that most of the time the voucher is enough to cover the stupid surcharge at AMC theaters.

masupo 02-07-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock31 (Post 57428048)
I have never had an issue getting points added to my Stubs card using these tickets.

Get ticket at "Box Office" then take them to Customer Service once inside and they always apply the points without a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that this weekend and if it works I won't cancel my Stubs.

mrredskin 02-07-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyingboat (Post 57427706)
Not sure why you are saying this is better from Fandango. I see codes for 20% off. A 3D movie is $13.50 so that would be $10.80. The $7 Costco ticket + 3.50 upcharge would be $10.50.

Are you getting Fandango codes much cheaper somewhere? Just not sure of what you are trying to say.

Fandango also charges fees

y2kirk1028 02-07-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepRightUp (Post 57427872)
It is true. I went last weekend and was really unhappy. I had renewed my stubs subscription that morning specifically for my remaining gold tickets.


Same here. I just noticed when I renewed my stubs account and checked my transaction history. no points were awarded to my account since Sept. of 2012 even tho the stubs receipts shows amount was awarded. this is BS. :mad: not going to renew Stubs anymore.

y2kirk1028 02-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 (Post 57428960)
Same here. I just noticed when I renewed my stubs account and checked my transaction history. no points were awarded to my account since Sept. of 2012 even tho the stubs receipts shows amount was awarded. this is BS. :mad: not going to renew Stubs anymore.

just called Stubs support. It was confirmed they changed their policy in Sept. and no longer offer reward points with AMC passes. I don't recall getting any notification of this policy change. If I did, I'd not have renewed it 5 days ago. I'll be asking for a refund and cancellation.

falafelhotdog 02-07-2013 09:17 AM

Does it say you used a pass on the ticket itself? Is there a way to add them online? I'll be picking up the costco ones this weekend. Thanks for this! The cheapest I've gotten these online was $5 with a 2 ticket maximum or $6 each from the Entertainment Book with 10 ticket max (I think they're up to $8 now anyway).

mkxr 02-07-2013 09:17 AM

Yea, Costco overall raised the price of these. They used to be 15.99 per pair, now they are 16.99, and AMC doesn't give you reward points for these. I'm glad I stocked up with a year supply of GM cereal. Those are movie-cash coupons, and qualify for stubs rewards points :)

e.chang 02-07-2013 09:21 AM

Hah... I still like 19 tickets from the last deal from Costco.

MinhTrinh 02-07-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkxr (Post 57429610)
Yea, Costco overall raised the price of these. They used to be 15.99 per pair, now they are 16.99, and AMC doesn't give you reward points for these. I'm glad I stocked up with a year supply of GM cereal. Those are movie-cash coupons, and qualify for stubs rewards points :)

Is there a thread for that deal? Is it still available? TIA

mrredskin 02-07-2013 09:25 AM

did we find out anything WRT Regal?

pwrdbykimchi 02-07-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 (Post 57428960)
Same here. I just noticed when I renewed my stubs account and checked my transaction history. no points were awarded to my account since Sept. of 2012 even tho the stubs receipts shows amount was awarded. this is BS. :mad: not going to renew Stubs anymore.

A Chinese conglomerate acquired all AMC theaters in September 2012. Now it all makes sense, haha.

mkxr 02-07-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinhTrinh (Post 57429722)
Is there a thread for that deal? Is it still available? TIA

Yea, there are a few threads about it, for some reason that deal doesn't seem to be getting much popularity. It's the same deal as it was a couple of years ago, buy 2 boxes of GM cereal, and you get a $12 movie cash code, they are good until December this year, and they are good for any movie, and pretty much any theater
http://new.emoviecash.com/bigg/

KITHPOM 02-07-2013 10:18 AM

Good to know that these don't count towards stubs anymore...Guess I won't be getting my rewards as quickly anymore. At least it is still good for concession upgrades.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 57428522)
Fandango also charges fees

Not if you enter your amc stubs card #

zoglog 02-07-2013 10:24 AM

stockpile... these will be the new currency after the apocalypse!

dubwiser 02-07-2013 10:25 AM

Thanks, OP. I believe my local Costco in San Diego only sells Regal Theatre tickets as well. I'll have to double check tomorrow.

And for those posters complaining about Stub rewards, why don't you just stock up on snacks while you're at Costco to bring into the theatre?

CrunchBerries 02-07-2013 10:31 AM

Is this across all Costcos or is it a YMMV deal?

Bozo 02-07-2013 11:35 AM

I was just @ costco and saw the signs. Only Fri, Sat, & Sun. $3.00 off instant rebate.

Only AMC @ my local Costco, so no regal to date.

Ananke 02-07-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 57425870)
do the costco tickets work for 3D or IMAX as well?

yes. These are covering the price of the regular ticket, you have to pay the surcharge for IMAX

mrredskin 02-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozo (Post 57432892)
I was just @ costco and saw the signs. Only Fri, Sat, & Sun. $3.00 off instant rebate.

Only AMC @ my local Costco, so no regal to date.

where were they located?

AarBee 02-07-2013 11:58 AM

Thx.. nice deal.

FireRockss 02-07-2013 01:25 PM

OOO,Mommy works at Costco.Time to pick up some movie tickets!! :)

decowright 02-07-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 57433424)
where were they located?

Ask your cashier they can key it in and get product for you.

WideLoadHere 02-07-2013 01:54 PM

So this has 25 TU, and the sale wasn't even proven yet. I'm going to post new thread saying they have $100 for 80" tvs this weekend, I'll get 100's of TU, and then laugh when I fooled you all.

I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt, but really unless someone has gone out already and confirmed, how would can we give TU in advance.

OP, no harm, I believe you this deal sounds reasonable.

gaore 02-07-2013 02:04 PM

Good ! thanks!

dodgeball 02-07-2013 02:17 PM

Thanks OP, though feel funny sending even more $$ to China.

Bozo 02-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 57433424)
where were they located?

Oddly, the signs were at the concession area taped to each register. You would need to pay for them at any register and pick them up at the secure desk just past the registers. Remember, the sale does not start until Fri, Sat, & Sun. At least at my Costco location.;)

Bozo 02-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WideLoadHere (Post 57436430)
So this has 25 TU, and the sale wasn't even proven yet. I'm going to post new thread saying they have $100 for 80" tvs this weekend, I'll get 100's of TU, and then laugh when I fooled you all.

I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt, but really unless someone has gone out already and confirmed, how would can we give TU in advance.

OP, no harm, I believe you this deal sounds reasonable.

I already posted a few posts back that it was confirmed. I was at Costco today and saw the signs advertising the deal this weekend. Guess you missed it.;)

y2kirk1028 02-07-2013 04:10 PM

How many can you buy? is there a limit?

wrenbe 02-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad_Boy (Post 57427544)
I heard you can't get points with these tickets anymore on your Amc stub card anyone know if it's true?


The sad new truth: yes.

Summary of Terms and Conditions Updates
AMC Gold Experience and AMC Silver Experience tickets are discount items that are NOT eligible toward earning AMC Stubs rewards, either at the time of purchase OR time of redemption.
AMC Stubs Rewards cannot be used to purchase an AMC Gift Card.
https://www.amcstubs.com/StaticPa...Conditions

esquire415 02-07-2013 08:20 PM

I want to buy a lot. I'm out of the 20 tickets i bought last yr for $6 each. I guess everything is going up in price. I need a raise!

horent135 02-07-2013 08:41 PM

Time to get a membership and stack these tickets up. I hate paying $14 for a single ticket at the movies.

Brooklynite 02-07-2013 08:44 PM

was $11.99 after coupon last year, they raised the price.

rebelx 02-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 (Post 57429288)
just called Stubs support. It was confirmed they changed their policy in Sept. and no longer offer reward points with AMC passes. I don't recall getting any notification of this policy change. If I did, I'd not have renewed it 5 days ago. I'll be asking for a refund and cancellation.

They mailed out a letter to their members. I received one. Can't complain, I only paid $2 for my membership ($12 fee, but $10 instant credit).

lifexpert 02-07-2013 09:05 PM

Which section in Costco has it? I was there tonight to buy some emergency water and food for the storm. I don't recall a section has movie tickets.

Jackalope 02-08-2013 01:07 AM

10 Pack of Tickets are available on Costco online for $71.99 (Shipping & Handling included). In my case tax wasn't charged. Limit of Two 10 packs per household.


http://www.costco.com/.product.593231.html

decowright 02-08-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifexpert (Post 57444120)
Which section in Costco has it? I was there tonight to buy some emergency water and food for the storm. I don't recall a section has movie tickets.

If you can't find the board just ask your cashier they can key it in. Also just and FYI you only need 1 board and tell them how many you want.

Kryspie 02-08-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkxr (Post 57429610)
Yea, Costco overall raised the price of these. They used to be 15.99 per pair, now they are 16.99, and AMC doesn't give you reward points for these. I'm glad I stocked up with a year supply of GM cereal. Those are movie-cash coupons, and qualify for stubs rewards points :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinhTrinh (Post 57429722)
Is there a thread for that deal? Is it still available? TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkxr (Post 57430184)
Yea, there are a few threads about it, for some reason that deal doesn't seem to be getting much popularity. It's the same deal as it was a couple of years ago, buy 2 boxes of GM cereal, and you get a $12 movie cash code, they are good until December this year, and they are good for any movie, and pretty much any theater
http://new.emoviecash.com/bigg/


It's getting harder to find the "specially marked boxes" by the day. Even if you found one now it'd most likely be on a cereal you'd never eat (dont really want to stock up on Resee Peanut Butter Cups cereal)

When the deal was hot in Nov-Dec it was a godsend and had many varieties of GM cereal you could choose from to get the offer. Basically every GM cereal except Honey Hut Cheerios could net you the offer. Target even had a buy 3 get 1 box free which was a no brainer for most. I used 2 of em and still have 4 offers (or 8 codes remaining)

Jason69850 02-08-2013 04:56 AM

Nowadays for better or worse, many of the films I end up seeing are in 3-d. Does anyone know what the surcharge is for these with 3-d or IMAX at AMC?
I'm on the fence and deciding whether to buy. Thanks!

renner 02-08-2013 05:08 AM

10-packs now available at Costco.com for 71.99...

mm60 02-08-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenbe (Post 57425572)
Can't find this online yet, the links for the costco.com packs of tickets are:

10pack $86.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...69852.html

4pack $33.99 http://www.costco.com/AMC-Gold-Ex...39542.html

In the past online has been discounted to a certain amount (I think $5-6 per ticket) for the 10 and 4packs, and then in B&M they have had 2packs a smidge cheaper. Non-member surcharge online for the 10pack is currently 4.35 with my shipping showing $3. Non-member surcharge online for the 4pack is currently 1.70 with my shipping showing $0.

OP where did you see this advertised?

10 pack is now $71.99 online - $15 off original price. Limit 2 per family. Thanks OP!

lifexpert 02-08-2013 08:30 AM

Thanks, I just bought two 10 packs.

aenemaz 02-08-2013 10:53 AM

torrance ca is a no go, they didnt even know about the sale.

TerenceP 02-08-2013 10:59 AM

This price is pretty good, I'll have to check it out

disguy 02-08-2013 11:00 AM

Got the 10 pack online. Sweet deal

pall79 02-08-2013 11:43 AM

Gr8 deal .. But AMC is far off from my house .. I will end up paying extra in gas .. Do they have any sales for Regal?

LadyX 02-08-2013 12:32 PM

Is there anyway around paying the xtra 5 bucks because I'm not a member? TIA!

minion1877 02-08-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowalls (Post 57456692)
Is there anyway around paying the xtra 5 bucks because I'm not a member? TIA!

Get a Costco giftcard. I use to buy them for all my friends so they could shop.

LadyX 02-08-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minion1877 (Post 57456770)
Get a Costco giftcard. I use to buy them for all my friends so they could shop.

thank you! Could I do this online? No Costco where I live.:mad:

minion1877 02-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason69850 (Post 57447404)
Nowadays for better or worse, many of the films I end up seeing are in 3-d. Does anyone know what the surcharge is for these with 3-d or IMAX at AMC?
I'm on the fence and deciding whether to buy. Thanks!


Depends on theater. If normal tickets cost $12, and 3D are $15, then you have to pay an extra $3 when using the passes. Basically you have to pay the difference between the normal cost, and the premium ticket cost.

minion1877 02-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowalls (Post 57456820)
thank you! Could I do this online? No Costco where I live.:mad:


Aside from fleebay or websites that sell discount giftcards, I think the only place to buy them is in store.

LadyX 02-08-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minion1877 (Post 57457050)
Aside from fleebay or websites that sell discount giftcards, I think the only place to buy them is in store.

darn:( thanks!

celestial605 02-08-2013 12:59 PM

No deal in Marina Del Rey, CA :( Still $17 for 2.

Llyncoed 02-08-2013 01:01 PM

buy them in a 10 pack on line for $71.99 shipped.

TheNachoCheese 02-08-2013 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozo (Post 57438034)
I already posted a few posts back that it was confirmed. I was at Costco today and saw the signs advertising the deal this weekend. Guess you missed it.;)

No go in Tustin, CA. Proof attached...

esquire415 02-08-2013 02:57 PM

$71.99 for 10 tickets online now. I just got back from Costco and there was this guy barking next to the AMC ticket bins about the in-store deal. I asked how much I can buy, he said 10 2pks. I said I want more. Then he said my friend who is the Costco member can get 10 2pks and then he can go back and check out from a different register to get another 10 2pks. I can get more if we keep doing this. He was probably a slickdealer, LOL.

So we tried this trick and got 20 2pk tickets. The lady handing out the tickets though ask how many I want because I can get as many as I want. Hmmmmm, not sure if she knew what she was talking about because the cashier may not allow it if we tried to get 20 at the same time. Anyway, my friend got 10 and I got 11 by accident! Still not as slick as last year's $120 for 10 2pk tickets but at least I got 1 freebie...hehe.

WilliamG 02-08-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire415 (Post 57459938)
$71.99 for 10 tickets online now. I just got back from Costco and there was this guy barking next to the AMC ticket bins about the in-store deal. I asked how much I can buy, he said 10 2pks. I said I want more. Then he said my friend who is the Costco member can get 10 2pks and then he can go back and check out from a different register to get another 10 2pks. I can get more if we keep doing this. He was probably a slickdealer, LOL.

So we tried this trick and got 20 2pk tickets. The lady handing out the tickets though ask how many I want because I can get as many as I want. Hmmmmm, not sure if she knew what she was talking about because the cashier may not allow it if we tried to get 20 at the same time. Anyway, my friend got 10 and I got 11 by accident! Still not as slick as last year's $120 for 10 2pk tickets but at least I got 1 freebie...hehe.

And the most incomprehensible post of the year goes to...

omz 02-08-2013 05:21 PM

didn't see it on sale for regal.

Bozo 02-08-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNachoCheese (Post 57459284)
No go in Tustin, CA. Proof attached...

Ah, it must be everyone's Costco, BUT yours. :D Though the sale sign is not in your store or photo, did you bother to ask? I mean, I could take a picture of the same sign in my Costco. More specifically, The sign is the same at my Costco, they did not change it to reflect the instant rebate. They had another sign next to it advertising the sale.

bitcalcs 02-08-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decowright (Post 57424090)
This weekend at Costco 8th - 10th $3 off movie tickets. $16.99 for 2 tickets then $3 off that price. Makes it $7 each. for gold tickets no expiration date.

Is there tax for this?

workitwzer0 02-09-2013 11:46 AM

No go in Alhambra, CA :(

Slomo4shO 02-09-2013 12:43 PM

AMC Gold Tickets 2-pack $14 B&M Only
 
http://www.costco.com/amc-movie-t...+locations.
Valid through Feb 10.
Comes out to be $0.20 cheaper than the 10 pack.

There is a limit of 10 2-packs per member. Item number: 905739

dickbigger 02-09-2013 12:49 PM

did they not used to be 6 dollars each ticket

OneEyedWillie 02-09-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slomo4shO (Post 57474576)
http://www.costco.com/amc-movie-t...+locations.
Valid through Feb 10.
Comes out to be $0.20 cheaper than the 10 pack.

There is a limit of 10 2-packs per member. Item number: 905739

So it's the exact same thing as this http://slickdeals.net/f/5844360-AMC-movie-tickets-7-each-at-Costco-B-M

fujirio 02-09-2013 05:30 PM

any one have any luck with any locations in OC?

Brooklynite 02-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by workitwzer0 (Post 57473894)
No go in Alhambra, CA :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickbigger (Post 57474632)
did they not used to be 6 dollars each ticket

Quote:

Originally Posted by fujirio (Post 57478756)
any one have any luck with any locations in OC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by celestial605 (Post 57457332)
No deal in Marina Del Rey, CA :( Still $17 for 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNachoCheese (Post 57459284)
No go in Tustin, CA. Proof attached...


No go in Azusa, CA. Someone should put it in the wiki. I think CA is excluded. Some theaters including AMC 16 in Burbank, CA dont charge extra for IMAX or 3D (at least a couple of times I tried, please call dont quote me on it)

And YES it was $6 last year after coupon. This year they raised it to $7.

workitwzer0 02-10-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklynite (Post 57489980)
No go in Azusa, CA. Someone should put it in the wiki. I think CA is excluded. Some theaters including AMC 16 in Burbank, CA dont charge extra for IMAX or 3D (at least a couple of times I tried, please call dont quote me on it)

And YES it was $6 last year after coupon. This year they raised it to $7.

Yes, CA must be excluded. Went to the Costco in Chino Hills and a no go there as well. Ended up buying the 10 pack deal online. :/

itzraman 02-10-2013 02:21 PM

North CA (SF Bay area) has this deal

slayu 02-10-2013 02:25 PM

These are somewhat ok for me since the nice dine-in AMC theatre around me is +$3, bringing the cost to $10 (+possible tax) vs the $12 they charge. Cinema suites is +$5 bringing the cost to $12 vs the $15 AMC charges. These are reserved seating theatres and that means I can't use these gold passes to book online (aka, no fandango).

Where are the fandango deals gone?

esquire415 02-10-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamG (Post 57459964)
And the most incomprehensible post of the year goes to...

If you didn't get it then you must be a 2nd grader

gandara.m 02-10-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklynite (Post 57489980)
No go in Azusa, CA. Someone should put it in the wiki. I think CA is excluded. Some theaters including AMC 16 in Burbank, CA dont charge extra for IMAX or 3D (at least a couple of times I tried, please call dont quote me on it)**snip**

I wish I'd checked here before I went there today.
I just looked at the signage ($16.99/2) and turned around.

Did you try at the register?
Sometimes the signage isn't up to date, but the last 2 times it was signed correctly.

celestial605 02-11-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandara.m (Post 57496676)
Did you try at the register?
Sometimes the signage isn't up to date, but the last 2 times it was signed correctly.

I did try at the register at Marina Del Rey, CA just in case - rang up as $16.99 for 2. Oh well!

gandara.m 02-11-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celestial605 (Post 57505440)
I did try at the register at Marina Del Rey, CA just in case - rang up as $16.99 for 2. Oh well!

Repped.
Thanks, I was wondering if I should have taken the time to check at the register.
This does pop-up every so often, we'll get them next time.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 AM.


1999-2014