Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Gamer's Lounge (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Aliens Colonial Marines Pre-Order (http://slickdeals.net/f/5844478-aliens-colonial-marines-pre-order)

jbonez21 02-07-2013 07:08 AM

Aliens Colonial Marines Pre-Order

Hi Nerds,

Aliens Colonial Marines comes out on Tuesday. I was trying to determine the best pre-order bonus.

Gamestop gives you a multiplayer pack that includes character skins to play as Hicks, Hudson, and some others from Aliens movie. The price is $49.99

Amazon digital has the preorder for $44.99 and includes a $5 credit towards future videogame purchase.

I was trying to figure out if I can unlock Hicks, Hudson, etc through multiplayer anyway, or only if I buy from Gamestop?

DaddioDan 02-07-2013 07:33 AM

The amazon preorder also comes with the SHARP rifle. That's the preorder bonus I'm getting since I preordered through steam.

jbonez21 02-07-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57425532)
The amazon preorder also comes with the SHARP rifle. That's the preorder bonus I'm getting since I preordered through steam.

Oh nice, the $5 off AND $5 game credit is already a lot better. I would just LOVE to play as hudson or hicks or the BA chick online. So I'm trying to determine if they are unlockable anyway through online play, or only with the Gamestop code?

DaddioDan 02-07-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57425722)
Oh nice, the $5 off AND $5 game credit is already a lot better. I would just LOVE to play as hudson or hicks or the BA chick online. So I'm trying to determine if they are unlockable anyway through online play, or only with the Gamestop code?

Yeah I'm not sure about the characters. Steam also has the Season Pass already up for order with "new character customisation" so maybe they'll be available or maybe not. I don't care though, I'm excited for a new Aliens game and it drops on my birthday woot woot. If you wanna play add me on Steam because I'll definitely be on day 1.

Edit: Also, here's some more DLC. Albeit pointless. (you need a UPC from a Monster 10 pack)

http://www.facebook.com/MonsterEn...4389859321

jbonez21 02-07-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57426058)
Yeah I'm not sure about the characters. Steam also has the Season Pass already up for order with "new character customisation" so maybe they'll be available or maybe not. I don't care though, I'm excited for a new Aliens game and it drops on my birthday woot woot. If you wanna play add me on Steam because I'll definitely be on day 1.

Edit: Also, here's some more DLC. Albeit pointless. (you need a UPC from a Monster 10 pack)

http://www.facebook.com/MonsterEn...4389859321

Sounds good I'll add you on Steam, is your username the same as here?

We just missed playing together on War-Z, I was playing with Jabbit and his friends but ultimately gave up on the game. I was playing since October and finally saw the scam surface.

I'm still keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better but not much seems to be happening

jbonez21 02-07-2013 08:31 AM

I found out on the Gearbox forums that the preorders are exclusive, and the items will not be unlockable. They will become purchasable later most likely.

Now to decide if I want to pay an extra $10 at Gamestop to get to play as Hudson, Hicks, Drake, and Apone on multiplayer.....

himeko123 02-07-2013 09:29 AM

GreenManGaming has it for $37.49 right now and it comes with the Sharp rifle pre-order bonus. I know some people have payment issues with the website, so it might not be good choice for you.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/u...l-marines/

DaddioDan 02-07-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57426556)
Sounds good I'll add you on Steam, is your username the same as here?

We just missed playing together on War-Z, I was playing with Jabbit and his friends but ultimately gave up on the game. I was playing since October and finally saw the scam surface.

I'm still keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better but not much seems to be happening

Yup same as here. I still enjoy the War Z, although I get a little help spotting items and players if you know what I mean.

Bareborn 02-07-2013 10:21 AM

So i'm looking at this game. Whats the big appeal? The aliens vs marines MP? Somebody sell this to me!

jbonez21 02-07-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bareborn (Post 57429678)
So i'm looking at this game. Whats the big appeal? The aliens vs marines MP? Somebody sell this to me!

The big appeal is that this is a true sequel to the movie Aliens in terms of setting and story. It's been developed since 2008 by Gearbox (Borderlands, Borderlands 2, etc). Has a co-op campaign, online multiplayer marines vs aliens, and also online objective coop marines vs aliens.

Preview build reviews of the game have been mixed. Some people say they love it, some say it's going to be a big flop. We'll see!

himeko123 02-07-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

I see this as a serious/horror version of Borderlands 4 player co-op. The game's plot is designed to play out as the sequel to the Aliens(Alien 2) movie. It includes a full co-op campaign and MP deathmatch/other vs modes. It also looks like they are planning to add additional content with a season pass that runs from March to Summer this year.

AntiCommie 02-07-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

The game is supposed to have a long drawn out Aliens-movie-sequel type campaign.

IGN has a pretty good 2 hour video on the first few missions. You can tell from the interview that the staff really enjoys the universe and put a lot of details into the game. The first mission you land on the Sulaco and see where the Queen was chasing the kid and killed Bishop. Little details like that makes me hopeful its a story good game, rather then just another generic AVP.

Gearbox also made Brothers in Arms, which was a pretty good shooter for story and gameplay, which also leaves me hopeful this will be better then AVP.

DaddioDan 02-07-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiCommie (Post 57431378)
The game is supposed to have a long drawn out Aliens-movie-sequel type campaign.

IGN has a pretty good 2 hour video on the first few missions. You can tell from the interview that the staff really enjoys the universe and put a lot of details into the game. The first mission you land on the Sulaco and see where the Queen was chasing the kid and killed Bishop. Little details like that makes me hopeful its a story good game, rather then just another generic AVP.

Gearbox also made Brothers in Arms, which was a pretty good shooter for story and gameplay, which also leaves me hopeful this will be better then AVP.

To be fair, the first two AVP games were great (PC ones, not GB, SNES, Atari versions), both campaign and mp wise. The newer one, not so much. If only Fox Interactive were still around...

Blazey 02-08-2013 05:41 AM

I loved the original AvP's on PC. Some great online gaming there. I have just about every AvP release (even Extinction for original Xbox). I enjoyed the last AvP on 360 but not many of my friends had it.

I will be getting this for 360. Had it preordered for $47.99 on newegg but thinking of canceling and getting the CE on Amazon after getting some giftcards there. The CE has the Multiplayer pack (characters/customization), some weapons and the resin figure among other things (see below).

From what I read, the Multiplayer characters will become available later but I have not heard that the exclusive weapons will? Anyone know?

360/PS3 CE items:
- Resin Powerloader statue.
- Four multiplayer characters based on the movies -- Hicks, Drake, Apone and Hudson.
- Ripley's Flamethrower.
- Extra character customization options.
- Exclusive weapons -- Phase Plasma Rifle and Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers.
- Exclusive level -- USMC Firing Range.
- USCM Dossier -- includes mission brief, USS Sephora schematic, Recruitment card, LV-426 recon photo, USCM iron-on badges, USCM graduation certificate.
- Xenomorph "Hive" packaging.

jbonez21 02-08-2013 07:37 AM

I'm pre-ordering the digital version from Gamestop. It comes with the multiplayer pack AND the sharp rifle.

I initially was going Amazon but I couldn't use my Shop With Points for digital download content.

DaddioDan 02-08-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 57447314)
I loved the original AvP's on PC. Some great online gaming there. I have just about every AvP release (even Extinction for original Xbox). I enjoyed the last AvP on 360 but not many of my friends had it.

I went back and played Skirmish the other night, It still scares the shit outta me in the complete dark with headphones on. :lol:

AntiCommie 02-12-2013 06:44 AM

Well reviews look really bad on this one. Dumb AI, short (6hr) campaign, and no story. Looks like I'll be cancelling my preorder.

Anyone play it yet? Is it really that bad?

jbonez21 02-12-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiCommie (Post 57524384)
Well reviews look really bad on this one. Dumb AI, short (6hr) campaign, and no story. Looks like I'll be cancelling my preorder.

Anyone play it yet? Is it really that bad?

You're right, the reviews do not sound good. I cancelled my pre-order also.

I was able to pickup the PS3 version at Redbox this morning so I'll try it out tonight and report back. I'm thinking it's a stinker!

Bareborn 02-12-2013 08:54 AM

The reviews look awful, they are saying the SP campaign was sourced out.

Mixmode 02-12-2013 09:03 AM

Well that sucks. I was hoping the game would be pretty good.

DaddioDan 02-12-2013 09:19 AM

I watched a mp video jbonez sent me, it looks very bland. I hope there's more to it than what I saw. Also, red dot on a pulse rifle? c'mon....

jbonez21 02-12-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57527624)
I watched a mp video jbonez sent me, it looks very bland. I hope there's more to it than what I saw. Also, red dot on a pulse rifle? c'mon....

I was able to get a PS3 copy on Redbox this morning. I'm going to test out the game tonight. I will get it on PC eventually, but if it's as bad as the reviews say I'll pick it up for $5 soon :D

On another note, the domain name SINGULARITYPS4 has been bought out, so there may be a new one coming :D

DaddioDan 02-12-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57528112)
I was able to get a PS3 copy on Redbox this morning. I'm going to test out the game tonight. I will get it on PC eventually, but if it's as bad as the reviews say I'll pick it up for $5 soon :D

On another note, the domain name SINGULARITYPS4 has been bought out, so there may be a new one coming :D

ohhhhh man, sounds good to me. I tried versus today, no single player yet. I tried TDM mode, which was pretty fun and I found myself getting a ton of kills. There's also a L4D type mode that I played where the marines have to make their way out of the alien hive which was okay. The aliens wall crawling is horrid though, which is such a shame since it was so good in earlier Aliens games.

DaddioDan 02-12-2013 02:26 PM

Also.. Matchmaking :(

jbonez21 02-12-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57535168)
ohhhhh man, sounds good to me. I tried versus today, no single player yet. I tried TDM mode, which was pretty fun and I found myself getting a ton of kills. There's also a L4D type mode that I played where the marines have to make their way out of the alien hive which was okay. The aliens wall crawling is horrid though, which is such a shame since it was so good in earlier Aliens games.

I was unable to keep Aliens in my PS3 for more than 45 minutes. The game is terrible beyond belief. Campaign and Multiplayer were both awful.

I'm very disappointed. I expected more from Gearbox, and now they're using the excuse that they outsourced the game.

DaddioDan 02-12-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57539068)
I was unable to keep Aliens in my PS3 for more than 45 minutes. The game is terrible beyond belief. Campaign and Multiplayer were both awful.

I'm very disappointed. I expected more from Gearbox, and now they're using the excuse that they outsourced the game.

idk what it is, but i feel the game is so unbalanced some times. I'll be playing as Aliens and get killed in one shot, then the next round I'm a Marine and it takes a full clip to kill an Alien. It's beyond frustrating. I'm enjoying the mp for what it's worth, but I feel a little stiffed spending $50 on this game. Again, I'm an Aliens fanboy so it is what it is. :/

Blazey 02-13-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57539068)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57540050)
idk what it is, but i feel the game is so unbalanced some times. I'll be playing as Aliens and get killed in one shot, then the next round I'm a Marine and it takes a full clip to kill an Alien. It's beyond frustrating. I'm enjoying the mp for what it's worth, but I feel a little stiffed spending $50 on this game. Again, I'm an Aliens fanboy so it is what it is. :/

I, too, am an Aliens fanboy but now I regret picking up the CE. Seem's like the price will drop pretty fast on this.

Nikzilla90 02-13-2013 05:57 AM

I can't stand how polygonal the human ships/helmets/armor/guns are in this series - one reason why I liked Prometheus.

braincrusher 02-13-2013 08:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Bareborn 02-13-2013 08:39 AM

Yea I'm very happy my wife got me a new 3-wood for my birthday instead of this. Highly disappointed!! Now Im bound to wait for Elder Scrolls Online.

DaddioDan 02-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braincrusher (Post 57550308)

I still say this all the time :lol:

Also, when you hit Quit it comes up with "Game over, man?" That's about the only thing they did right.

DaddioDan 02-14-2013 08:05 PM

This guy pretty much nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8

Blazey 02-15-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57589948)
This guy pretty much nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8

Funny video but this is NSFW due to language.

Totally just played this at work and didn't have my sound on. Turned on the sound right when the guy says, "...F#$%'ED IT UP!" really loud. Not cool, but kind of funny, when co-workers come over asking, "Did you hear that guy? Who is so angry??"

Kolto 02-15-2013 11:50 AM

lol angryjoe is like that.

DaddioDan 02-15-2013 01:58 PM

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2013/...a-lawsuit/

Sorry for the bumps, I'm just so upset with this game lol

kasty 02-17-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDan (Post 57606974)
http://www.vgrevolution.com/2013/...a-lawsuit/

Sorry for the bumps, I'm just so upset with this game lol

randy and co better not frak up the next Brothers in Arms. that will be his doom.

braincrusher 02-17-2013 10:03 AM

How could they mess up this game with such long development time? I mean, the setting is set. Characters are set. Weapons are set. What were they working on? And what is with QC saying this is ok for release?

DaddioDan 02-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braincrusher (Post 57639064)
How could they mess up this game with such long development time? I mean, the setting is set. Characters are set. Weapons are set. What were they working on? And what is with QC saying this is ok for release?

My guess is they were so involved with BL2 (which is fantastic) that they outsourced and had other studios finish the game, then just stamped their name on it and sent it out. :vomit:

AntiCommie 02-18-2013 08:46 AM

Why does every Alien game need humans to shoot too? Isnt the "Alien" Marketed as the universes most evolved killer or something like that? Obviously its not scary enough since you have to add WY mercs too...

Stupid game developers....

jbonez21 02-19-2013 08:16 AM

Over the weekend I tried the Aliens Killing Floor Mod, it is much more satisfying than this game. Not that I would recommend buying Killing Floor just for the mod though...

highfloydelity 02-19-2013 09:02 AM

I Redboxed this game over the weekend and, yea, it's pretty bad. The game plays out as follows: Follow the path to this place, stand your ground, repeat. The story isn't good, the acting isn't good, the graphics aren't good. The only redeeming quality of this game is the co-op; 2 player local, 4 player online.

You spend more time running to the next place and waiting for the stupid doors to open (which act as loading screens) than you do killing Xenos.

Oh, and the final "boss" is a joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiCommie (Post 57656724)
Why does every Alien game need humans to shoot too? Isnt the "Alien" Marketed as the universes most evolved killer or something like that? Obviously its not scary enough since you have to add WY mercs too...

Stupid game developers....

The blame goes all around. 20th Century Fox saw and approved the script so it's not like the devs went rogue or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbonez21 (Post 57680154)
Over the weekend I tried the Aliens Killing Floor Mod, it is much more satisfying than this game. Not that I would recommend buying Killing Floor just for the mod though...

I'll have to check it out.