Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Rebates (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   StaplesEasyRebate check cashed by someone else (http://slickdeals.net/f/5851274-stapleseasyrebate-check-cashed-by-someone-else)

iridium 02-11-2013 03:13 PM

StaplesEasyRebate check cashed by someone else
 
I submitted 2 rebates to the tune of $475 in December. On checking the status today, it shows that they have been cashed by someone. Contacting RebatesHQ/StaplesEasyRebates lead me no where. They said they only have information that it has been cashed and they can't do anything else. RebatesHQ (only through the automated system - was unable to talk to a live person) wants me to send them a letter in the mail for them to send me copies of the cancelled checks (that were deposited).

What recourse do I have?

Buckyball60 02-12-2013 06:48 AM

It should be pretty easy for them to find out at what bank the were deposited and then who did it.

Once you have that information I would contact the bank or if possible show up directly in the branch.

gazr 02-12-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 57525498)
It should be pretty easy for them to find out at what bank the were deposited and then who did it.

Once you have that information I would contact the bank or if possible show up directly in the branch.

The check is payable thru:

First National Bank of Omaha
Omaha, NE 66102 and
First National Bank & Trust Co
Columbus NE 68601
Account #09105139
Routing #104914115

I have this information from one of my checks. If you can find out the check numbers that were sent to you, you should be able to do something from there. Mail fraud also springs to mind so you may want to contact your Post Office and have them look into why your checks were not delivered.

iridium 02-12-2013 01:38 PM

I have sent a request by snail mail today to get copies of the checks from parago. They require that I send them a request in the mail. I just hope they were not cashed at one of the check cashing places, which is a very high probability. these staples post card checks have always been kind of risky.

Buckyball60 02-12-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridium (Post 57536194)
I just hope they were not cashed at one of the check cashing places, which is a very high probability. these staples post card checks have always been kind of risky.

Then go behind the check cashing place, they will have to problem to explain why the cashed a check withput proper ID.

smidge1 02-12-2013 06:36 PM

good luck, what i don't like is the fact that they send a "postcard" type rebate so everyone/anyone can see the amount hence anyone can cash it.

larrymoencurly 02-20-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridium (Post 57513278)
I submitted 2 rebates to the tune of $475 in December. On checking the status today, it shows that they have been cashed by someone.

Phone Staples because they're responsible for delivering to you the rebate they advertised.

The easiest way to speak to a live human at Parago/RebatesHQ is by phoning their escalation dept. at 1-877-681-2362.

iridium 02-20-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrymoencurly (Post 57701796)
Phone Staples because they're responsible for delivering to you the rebate they advertised.

The easiest way to speak to a live human at Parago/RebatesHQ is by phoning their escalation dept. at 1-877-681-2362.

I did talk to the Parago ppl, and they asked me to send them a written request. Which I have already done. Still waiting to get the copy of the checks though.

Might call the Staples office of the president today to see if they can help.

linux_guru 02-22-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smidge1 (Post 57541836)
good luck, what i don't like is the fact that they send a "postcard" type rebate so everyone/anyone can see the amount hence anyone can cash it.

I selected Paypal for my Staples rebate and had the amounts deposited directly to my Paypal account. Saves time and trouble.

Never had a problem with Staples rebates myself, but your mileage may vary.

pharmerken 02-23-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linux_guru (Post 57773724)
I selected Paypal for my Staples rebate and had the amounts deposited directly to my Paypal account. Saves time and trouble.

Never had a problem with Staples rebates myself, but your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately Paypal is ONLY allowed if the individual rebate is under $10 for Staples. $10 or greater is either check or prepaid card.

linux_guru 02-24-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmerken (Post 57785378)
Unfortunately Paypal is ONLY allowed if the individual rebate is under $10 for Staples. $10 or greater is either check or prepaid card.

Oooh. I'd go with the check myself. But yes it is an insecure method if they are sending a check as a postcard.

I submitted a rebate for $10 to ECS in 2012 and never received my money. Neither the money nor any acknowledgment via email that the rebate had been received..

smidge1 02-24-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linux_guru (Post 57793956)
Oooh. I'd go with the check myself. But yes it is an insecure method if they are sending a check as a postcard.

I submitted a rebate for $10 to ECS in 2012 and never received my money. Neither the money nor any acknowledgment via email that the rebate had been received..

agan that is why we keep copies of all things until we get our checks.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.


1999-2014