Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   JBuds J5M Earbuds-Style Metal Headphones with Mic (various colors) $14.50 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5851752-jbuds-j5m-earbuds-style-metal-headphones-with-mic-various-colors-14-50)

Mariss716 02-11-2013 09:28 PM

JBuds J5M Earbuds-Style Metal Headphones with Mic (various colors) $14.50

5 Attachment(s)
Graphite, Blue Steel, Black and Electric Blue, Passionfruit Pink/Black, Pink Lemonade, Prism Purple/Black, Sneaker Head (white/red/black) and Sport Yellow/Gray are $14.50 as of this posting, with Prime or FSSS.

EDIT: Sneaker Head and Graphite sold out and up to regular price via another Prime seller.

http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Earbu...ywords=j5m

The 5th anniversary model of the best-selling JBuds line has been engineered for supreme comfort
Features an inline microphone and track control for iPhone, iPad, Android, Tablet, Blackberry, HTC
Incredibly smooth wide range titanium micro drivers
All aluminum construction with four foot Kevlar reinforced cable and rugged, firm flexing joints
Includes four different sized tips, cable clip, and JLab's world-class warranty and service

10mm housing, 8mm driver.

brisar 02-11-2013 09:28 PM

JBuds J5M Earbuds-Style Metal Headphones with Mic (various colors) $14.50

2 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has JBuds J5M Earbuds-Style Metal Headphones with Mic in Various Colors for $14.50. Free shipping with Prime (free student accounts available) or if you spend $25 or more. Thanks Mariss716Groupon.com has the JBuds J5M Mobile Earbuds Headphones with Mic priced at 2 for $29 with free shipping. Thanks Erechtheus [Discuss]

wikipost 02-11-2013 09:28 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Stryder5 02-11-2013 09:45 PM

Ah, wish this went on sale a week ago. Just bought some earbuds too.

Mariss716 02-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryder5 (Post 57520632)

I keep items in my cart on Amazon, then when there is a price drop I get an alert. Works like a charm. :)

I had several of the J5M colors in my cart "saved for later," a first, second, and third choice for color and when the price dropped on 2 of them I knew right away since I am on Amazon way too much. Only took a few weeks, though yes if you are in a pinch, you take what you can get.

crapoo16 02-11-2013 11:00 PM

Fail, just picked up 2 for $30 at Groupon and I was forced to have 1 black one.

ParticleJG 02-12-2013 12:44 AM

How do these compared to Skullcandy Ink'd?

aznboi320 02-12-2013 12:49 AM

Thanks for posting this!! I put my j3m's into the wash machine so many times and finally last week it killed one of the ear pieces.

Hrshycro 02-12-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariss716 (Post 57521382)
I keep items in my cart on Amazon, then when there is a price drop I get an alert. Works like a charm. :)

I had several of the J5M colors in my cart "saved for later," a first, second, and third choice for color and when the price dropped on 2 of them I knew right away since I am on Amazon way too much. Only took a few weeks, though yes if you are in a pinch, you take what you can get.

How do you get an 'alert', unless you constantly check your Amazon Cart?

Mariss716 02-12-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrshycro (Post 57522866)

I guess I'm on Amazon a lot, kinda like SD lol. It's low tech, yeah, but it works. There are a lot of price alert websites for Amazon but I also find that these fail to trigger properly so I reverted back to the saved for later cart method of price checking.

And of course I have my SD key word alerts for the products I'm searching for a deal on, use those to your advantage.

squish 02-12-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrshycro (Post 57522866)

If you want to monitor the price of something on amazon.com and you would like a target price to trigger an email, use urlhasbeenblocked. Works great.

Oh the site is "camel camel camel dot com"

Mariss716 02-12-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squish (Post 57523380)
If you want to monitor the price of something on amazon.com and you would like a target price to trigger an email, use urlhasbeenblocked. Works great.

Oh the site is "camel camel camel dot com"

I was using http://thetracktor.com/ , I am not sure that I get emails properly though at price drops. These sites are great too at giving highs, lows and moving averages for prices on individual products so you get perspective on whether the current price you see is a good one.

gosmo 02-12-2013 04:30 AM

I bought the JBuds J5, non mic version 11 months ago. They sound good for the price, highly recommend. I stored them in my car everyday during the summer neatly wound up and the extreme (I guess I haven't tried storing them in normal conditions) heat made the cord permanently spiral. Not like a telephone cord but still very annoying.

jonac13 02-12-2013 06:32 AM

I typically switch between MEElectronics and JBuds earbuds depending on what's on sale, have had good experiences with both (which amounts to not sounding like garbage and lasting > 6 months). Generally a very good return on very low prices. TU

B1gSL1cK 02-12-2013 07:22 AM

Left bud of my JBuds died pretty quickly, maybe 4 months? Pick up the Monoprice 8320s for much less than this, they have lasted much longer.

gsutoph 02-12-2013 07:25 AM

I've had a set for a few months now and the sound has been great, but the cord collects static from my gym shorts and electrocutes me in my left ear (via the small metal ring on the earbud). It's the strangest problem.

nmk 02-12-2013 07:25 AM

I'm in the market for a pair of headphones, how is this compared to apple's earpods? Thanks.

jonac13 02-12-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1gSL1cK (Post 57526312)
Left bud of my JBuds died pretty quickly, maybe 4 months? Pick up the Monoprice 8320s for much less than this, they have lasted much longer.

For what it's worth, I've also heard good things about JLabs's 1-year warranty. I like the Monoprice 8320's, but they're a bit uncomfortable for me and comfort supercedes sound quality in my mind.

gimmetheloot 02-12-2013 07:41 AM

My skullcandys just crapped out on me. In for a pair of these so I'll have some while my other headphones go out for repair.

rrc06 02-12-2013 07:45 AM

I've gone away from earbuds after I picked up a pair of these on Amazon. Nice to have no wires :)

KentJ 02-12-2013 08:20 AM

Awesome - got these with a Groupon around Christmas and they were never sent. I'm in for a pair!

TheZoo 02-12-2013 08:48 AM

Got a pair for my girlfriend.. she need new gym earphones! thanks op!

lightsout565 02-12-2013 08:54 AM

"Usually ships in 1-2 months"

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

ParticleJG 02-12-2013 09:43 AM

What does this burn in for 40 hours mean? or what do you do? I've never heard this before.

(Yes I did a Google search with no straight answer)

axiom 02-12-2013 09:46 AM

These are not really that great compared to comparable Meelectronics (M6/M9) or Monoprice buds really that are always around this price range. I wouldn't bother.

testingapril 02-12-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axiom (Post 57530052)
These are not really that great compared to comparable Meelectronics (M6/M9) or Monoprice buds really that are always around this price range. I wouldn't bother.

I'm a big fan of my m9's and was thinking about a pair of these since I seem to keep destroying pairs of m9's. Dog ate one pair, washed another pair (or two). They're cheap enough that I can afford to replace them but like to get them on sale. Only problem is the m9's haven't gone on sale in a while.

How would you say the sound quality and signature are different between the m9's and these j5's?

plong 02-12-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsout565 (Post 57528538)
"Usually ships in 1-2 months"

Wow, yeah... kinda kills the deal dead in it's tracks.

jewing3 02-12-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57529982)
What does this burn in for 40 hours mean? or what do you do? I've never heard this before.

There is a player on the jlab website that essentially plays noise. They recommend you play that through your headphones for 40 hours before you use the headphones for music. It's a mix of highs and lows and supposedly "breaks in" the headphones. I'd include the link but I'm on mobile...should be pretty easy to find on the site though. A lot of nicer headphones suggest these burn-in times to get the best sound. Hope that helps!!

EnzoFX 02-12-2013 10:55 AM

Damn it Groupon.

Neon22 02-12-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryder5 (Post 57520632)

me too, i just picked up 2 klipsch s4 reference premium.. haha! but they are way better than these jbuds.. i was thinking about getting the x10's too, but read that the reviews of the wires are a bit thin, and im always doing vigorous exercises..

axiom 02-12-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testingapril (Post 57530610)
I'm a big fan of my m9's and was thinking about a pair of these since I seem to keep destroying pairs of m9's. Dog ate one pair, washed another pair (or two). They're cheap enough that I can afford to replace them but like to get them on sale. Only problem is the m9's haven't gone on sale in a while.

How would you say the sound quality and signature are different between the m9's and these j5's?

I heard the J3 and it really didn't stand out from the multitude of other cheap IEMs. From what I've read, most of JLabs stuff is like that. I see the M9s are $15 on amazon with the usual need $25 for free shipping thing. I'd just spring for that.

penguillama 02-12-2013 04:18 PM

I purchased the J2 buds a month ago at $8 because I thought it was a steal, and they've stayed at that price since. Do you think those select J5M's will be permanently $15, or is it because of the ridiculous 1-2 month shipping?

how do these compare to the regular Jbuds or J2's? I find myself hoarding cheap earphones because I always lose them lol. but if the sound quality isn't that much better, I might as well snag another pair of the cheaper ones.

//also.. any chance at all these would ship sooner than 1-2 months? I don't think I've ever ordered anything that took more than 48 hours to ship out.

GimmeADealMan 02-13-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57529982)

http://www.jlabaudio.com/burn.php

EnzoFX 02-18-2013 11:14 AM

Have you guys gotten these yet? I don't even have tracking info yet according to Groupon. Grr!

penguillama 02-23-2013 05:32 PM

Ordered the pink ones through Amazon on the 15th, and they arrived today. Definitely didn't take 1-2 months, and they're still $14.50