Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Free Month of Xbox LIVE W/ CC or Paypal for Silver Members (http://slickdeals.net/f/5851784-free-month-of-xbox-live-w-cc-or-paypal-for-silver-members)

Twis7eD 02-11-2013 09:47 PM

Free Month of Xbox LIVE W/ CC or Paypal for Silver Members

1 Attachment(s)
This is only for Silver accounts. If you are signed into a Gold account, it will give you an error.

Go here:
http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=...ff3b4d2543

Then add your credit card or Paypal and "pay". Then make sure to turn automatic renewal off.

To turn automatic renewal off, do this:
1. Click on My Account at the top of the page.
2. In the middle of the page, there should be something that says "Automatic Renewal: On (Change)". Click on (Change).
3. Click Continue.
4. Turn automatic renewal off.

That's it!

Also, if you want to get 2 months for $2, go here:
http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=...a3cef702f4

wikipost 02-11-2013 09:47 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

DEAD

CHOOSE ONE OFFER: one month for free OR purchase two months for $2

Both offers are for Silver members only. As soon as you accept either offer, you'll be a Gold member and ineligible for the other offer.

-Paelorian

You can get a 30 day trial of music pass too after you signup for this!

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Digope 02-11-2013 10:12 PM

Just got 2 months for 2 bucks. Thanks!

whocares13 02-11-2013 10:16 PM

Thanks got 1 month for free :)

Twis7eD 02-11-2013 10:22 PM

Just make sure that you turn automatic renewal off after you buy your Gold or else you will be charged the normal price after your month or two months are up.

figit090 02-11-2013 11:13 PM

just clapped like a tarded seal.

Thanks!

been wanting to get that free month that I was initially offered when I signed up without making a new screen name, now I can have it. I'll turn off auto-sign-up.

rep!

Whoppers 02-11-2013 11:28 PM

Also got the 2 months for 2 bucks. +Rep

Nettozx 02-12-2013 01:27 AM

dang only for silver accounts

Mister_Wooly 02-12-2013 02:00 AM

My gold expires in 12 days - any chance you know when the promo ends?

Thanks!

Paelorian 02-12-2013 05:12 AM

To clarify: you can get one month for free OR get two months for $2. I just found out the hard way that you can't grab the free month and then purchase the two months. Says I'm ineligible for the two-month promotion now that I'm a gold member.

aznhero913 02-12-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paelorian (Post 57523920)
To clarify: you can get one month for free OR get two months for $2. I just found out the hard way that you can't grab the free month and then purchase the two months. Says I'm ineligible for the two-month promotion now that I'm a gold member.

Thanks for the update!!

I was gonna go your route but I think I'll just get the 2 month for $2 deal...

Anyone know of a quick way to disable auto renewal?

Baguda 02-12-2013 05:26 AM

I tried 3 different prepaid VISA cards with small but sufficient balances to get the $2 for 2 months deal. Unfortunately it kept saying the payment couldn't be processed even though I checked that all of the funds were there. I guess Micro$oft has a way to detect prepaid cards and doesn't allow them any more? I thought I had used them in the past. I would've waited a while to do this offer but you never know at what moment it will die.

So after wasting about 20 minutes I gave up and just did the 1 month free. It says it expires on Tuesday March 12, 2013. Does that mean at the end of March 12th or at 12:01 AM on March 12th?

IIRC Micro$oft usually cancels you at the start of the day rather than the beginning so you lose up to 24 hours depending when you sign up, so I'm assuming it really expires on March 11th at 11:59 PM my time. I expect the next month of Deal of the Weeks will be ultra crappy now that I have Gold for a month.

Paelorian 02-12-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznhero913 (Post 57523946)
Anyone know of a quick way to disable auto renewal?

When you complete the purchase, you'll see an option to turn off auto-renewal on the left side of the page. If you miss it, just click on "My Account" on the top-right of the page and look for the Automatic Renewal setting by the payment info. You can turn it off online now. No more hassle calling up Microsoft to turn off auto-renew. For now.

cowardly 02-12-2013 06:29 AM

I don't want to purchase this right now. Instead I want to wait until Gears of War 3 comes out so I can have two full months of live before it expires. Will this offer still be present at that time?

skibeast15 02-12-2013 07:49 AM

I just used a prepaid card for the one free month. the card has less than $1 on it. And it worked fine. So theres an idea, if you dont wanna worry about automatic renewal.

mrstak 02-12-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowardly (Post 57525110)
I don't want to purchase this right now. Instead I want to wait until Gears of War 3 comes out so I can have two full months of live before it expires. Will this offer still be present at that time?

gears of war 3 is already released...unless you're talking about gears of war: judgement? these offers are kind of random. sometimes they're available sometimes they're not. depends on MS

Baguda 02-12-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibeast15 (Post 57526874)
I just used a prepaid card for the one free month. the card has less than $1 on it. And it worked fine. So theres an idea, if you dont wanna worry about automatic renewal.

That worked for me too because it doesn't actually charge anything to the card (i.e. it's free), but was anyone able to use a prepaid card to pay $2 for 2 months?

I tried 3 prepaid cards to do that, and none of them worked, so I was forced to do just the 1 month. There's no way I'd ever give Micro$oft or $ony my real credit card info.

nithos 02-12-2013 08:08 AM

Went for 2 for $2. I still have a 12 month card that I haven't added to the account yet.

Dusto 02-12-2013 08:17 AM

TU! Picked up 2 months for $2. Thanks!

KentJ 02-12-2013 08:18 AM

Sweet!

SlackDealHunter 02-12-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 57527200)
That worked for me too because it doesn't actually charge anything to the card (i.e. it's free), but was anyone able to use a prepaid card to pay $2 for 2 months?

I tried 3 prepaid cards to do that, and none of them worked, so I was forced to do just the 1 month. There's no way I'd ever give Micro$oft or $ony my real credit card info.

Be careful - I have still an unresolved issue with Microsoft where I had a card that was cancelled on file and I assumed like with every other subscription service what would happen is that the subscription would just be cancelled - but as a special 'service' they did not deactivate Gold on my account because 'users want to enjoy an uninterrupted Gold Experience', they tried to charge it once, and then they tried to charge it again a month later for the following month. I did not even use my XBOX in that time, because I thought I did not have Gold anyways.
My billing account with Microsoft now has this charge there for the ridiculously expensive regular monthly price and basically they locked me in now. I either have to pay up at one point or I will never be able to use a credit card on this account again it seems, or they will charge it.
They have not been able to show how their behavior is justified by TOS or other terms and conditions, but are unwilling so far to waive the pending charge.

So - DO deactivate the renewal!

happygooddeal 02-12-2013 08:19 AM

Anyone know when this promotion will end ? Im waiting for Gears Judgment =)

Baguda 02-12-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackDealHunter (Post 57527596)
So - DO deactivate the renewal!

Yes, that goes without saying, but if you turn off auto-renewal, there should be no harm in doing this. I was just bummed that I couldn't use any of my prepaid cards for 2 months for $2, so I went with the 1 month free with 1 of those prepaid cards.

I don't like the idea that if Microsoft ever messes up and puts a charge on your account, they can hold you entire library of hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of games hostage. However, the only reason they have my prepaid credit card on file is so I can do occasional Gold deals like this. I just hope with auto-renew off, there shouldn't be any other attempted charges on my account ever.

dealoco 02-12-2013 08:28 AM

Thanks OP, Got 2 months for $2. Auto-renewal checked, turned off :)

spectheintro 02-12-2013 08:32 AM

Snagged the $2 for 2 months, and turned auto-renewal off. Thanks OP; this is a great deal.

rking0122 02-12-2013 08:39 AM

Hah, I used an old dead (balance $0) prepaid card for the 1 month. Worked without problem.

gamerguy69 02-12-2013 08:46 AM

Let me just say that I TRULY know where this was originally posted.

It doesn't just come from the OPs link created ONLY minutes before which itself barely has any views/replies.

Happy Gaming! :)

Now here is a tip that worked for me back in December.

I received a Chase Visa Gift Card for Christmas and tried going in for the $2/2 month offer but it wasn't working. I had a SERVE Amex pre-paid card that I received back in Feb. 2012 for FREE. They initially gave me $10 just for signing up. It remained unused for months with just under a $2 balance.

I took the Chase Visa card and linked it to my SERVE Amex card as a debit card. I re-submitted the transaction and it worked using the SERVE card. It depleted ALL of my SERVE remaining balance and then drew the remainder from the Chase gift card. I've used it for the 2 month deal AND on a separate account for the 1-month Gold trial.

For the FREE Gold trial, the transaction took the $1 and only held it for a few days. It then leaves the $1 on the SERVE card and it doesn't go back to the Visa giftcard.

I have also successfully used the SERVE card at Redbox kiosks for free movie/game rentals.

cowardly 02-12-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrstak (Post 57526998)
gears of war 3 is already released...unless you're talking about gears of war: judgement? these offers are kind of random. sometimes they're available sometimes they're not. depends on MS

haha, yes that's correct. I meant Judgement! :) Thank you.

RBHID 02-12-2013 09:20 AM

Now I can finally use the Shift codes for Borderlands 2!

Cravit8 02-12-2013 09:31 AM

SWEET!

Mentally offsets the frustration of being forced totally unsolicited advertisements on the xbox main menu that can't be turned off!

JimWash 02-12-2013 09:33 AM

"This promotional offer is not available

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers."

My gold membership expired about 2 weeks ago, so I should be silver.

KLong239 02-12-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks a lot OP worked fine for me 2 for $2!

gamerguy69 02-12-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twis7eD (Post 57520672)
This is only for Silver accounts. If you are signed into a Gold account, it will give you an error.

Go here:
http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=...ff3b4d2543

Then add your credit card or Paypal and "pay". Then make sure to turn automatic renewal off.

To turn automatic renewal off, do this:
1. Click on My Account at the top of the page.
2. In the middle of the page, there should be something that says "Automatic Renewal: On (Change)". Click on (Change).
3. Click Continue.
4. Turn automatic renewal off.

That's it!

Also, if you want to get 2 months for $2, go here:
http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=...a3cef702f4

This was originally posted here *removed*.

So you are NOT giving proper credit to where you blatantly ripped this from? ORIGINALLY posted NOT at your own website. :confused:

It comes from CAG! cheap ass gamer (dot) com. :rolleyes:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/foru...p?t=334688

yyAjax 02-12-2013 12:19 PM

when does it expire?

Tigga573 02-12-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibeast15 (Post 57526874)

Just a warning for those trying this... I did this with my fiancees account and didn't bother to cancel auto-renew. Once the first month was up it didn't stop and she ended up getting a free month. After that 2nd month though they locked the account for non-payment and said the only way they'd restore access is if we paid the full $9.99 for the free month she had. So make sure to cancel auto-renew, or use a gamertag you don't care about if you're using a prepaid credit card.

atari 02-12-2013 03:37 PM

freakin tax, really?

Twis7eD 02-12-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerguy69 (Post 57532354)
So you are NOT giving proper credit to where you blatantly ripped this from? ORIGINALLY posted NOT at your own website. :confused:

It comes from CAG! cheap ass gamer (dot) com. :rolleyes:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/foru...p?t=334688

I haven't been on CAG in months.

DealaMeal 02-12-2013 03:59 PM

Lmao I had a rebate Visa card that had $2.54 on it and I was thinking what the hell am I going to buy for $2.54. Evidently 2 months of xbox live. The card was going to expire 4/13 anyway. Woooohooo! Thanks man.

gamerguy69 02-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twis7eD (Post 57538590)
I haven't been on CAG in months.

But yet you STEAL and plagiarize a deal originally posted there not even 24 hours before you post it here.

Clearly you want to drive traffic to your "pay to join" forum. :rolleyes:

I know where the deal came from. :P

CAG Cheap Ass Gamer! :cool:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/foru...p?t=338087

Twis7eD 02-12-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerguy69 (Post 57539262)
But yet you STEAL and plagiarize a deal originally posted there not even 24 hours before you post it here.

Clearly you want to drive traffic to your "pay to join" forum. :rolleyes:

I know where the deal came from. :P

CAG Cheap Ass Gamer! :cool:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/foru...p?t=338087

I would hardly call it stealing if I didn't know this was posted on CAG and since it is technically a deal from Microsoft / Xbox. And technically, everyone is "stealing" this deal from Microsoft when they repost it. A friend told me about this and since then I've seen it posted on multiple websites. Sure, some extra traffic to my site would be nice, but my site is not a "pay to join" forum. It's free for everyone.

Also, the fact that you keep posting the link to that thread seems like you're trying to advertise more than me. I'll remove my link because I don't honestly care. You're just being annoying at this point.

Gonzo122 02-12-2013 04:53 PM

Thank you and repped!!! I miss these deals that use to show up in the dashboard.

FreightTrainJay 02-12-2013 05:06 PM

Been waiting for this!! Thanks!

MajinderS 02-12-2013 06:51 PM

I need to deal to last until feb 24th...thats when my live expires!

Bdubslawman 02-12-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerguy69 (Post 57528344)
I received a Chase Visa Gift Card for Christmas and tried going in for the $2/2 month offer but it wasn't working. I had a SERVE Amex pre-paid card that I received back in Feb. 2012 for FREE. They initially gave me $10 just for signing up. It remained unused for months with just under a $2 balance.

I took the Chase Visa card and linked it to my SERVE Amex card as a debit card. I re-submitted the transaction and it worked using the SERVE card. It depleted ALL of my SERVE remaining balance and then drew the remainder from the Chase gift card. I've used it for the 2 month deal AND on a separate account for the 1-month Gold trial.

For the FREE Gold trial, the transaction took the $1 and only held it for a few days. It then leaves the $1 on the SERVE card and it doesn't go back to the Visa giftcard.

I have also successfully used the SERVE card at Redbox kiosks for free movie/game rentals.

You kind of glossed over the important part for people like me that don't know how you linked a Chase Visa card to an Amex. What's that process like? I've never heard of that but it sounds interesting. What is the linking conduit your bank? Paypal or other please elaborate.

That's interesting about the Amex card working @ Redbox. I've never been able to get a Amex Rebate card to work there. I don't unfortunately have a regular Amex or know what a SERVE card is though either (other than what you've described).

Now don't get P.O. about this next part please.:)
I don't spend nearly as much time on CAG as I do on SDs & don't think the CAGs search nor using google from the outside to search things on CAG is always very easy because seems like every time someone different starts the thread they don't use a standard form so it's hit or miss what comes up.

Example: say for the Best Buy Gamer Magazine threads that come out 10 times a year How freaking hard is it for people to post the same agreed upon standard phrasing each time?!?. It should be edited by the moderators to a standard format. Something like Best Buy Gamer thread (DATE - Issue) - or whatever makes the most sense to the mods but then it should be that every month. Then all anyone would have to do is follow the format and finding things would be easier. That's a small tangent, but I write that because I like when people take/steal\repost or find the deal on their xbox dashboards or from the CAG here because when they do, like this deal, it trips my deal alerts.

...SO Instead of everyone getting in a fluff or a twist (which always reminds me of the line from the movie STRIPES = Paraphrasing it as it's been a long time but ...lighten up FrAnCiS!) - Instead, why doesn't a CAG designate or moderator or their trusted member get into contact with slickdeals and post a verified CAG account over here? Not talking about every single possible deal but deals that this that have actually a broader audience here. I mean most people on CAG if they play Xbox have a Gold membership, but here there a lot of people that don't as well so this deal has a big base here. YES, if people take a deal they should give credit to the source. Just seems like CAG could post a deal & drive traffic their way as well instead of getting P.O. when people do it here - if that is where this came from and not from the dashboard or M$.

The only problem I see to that is if that would mean the CAG would lose revenue from Clicks? IDK if they even do that? Anyway just a thought. Returning to my hiding spot behind the couch :hide:

lulucheng 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

awsome man!

cole46_51 02-13-2013 12:23 AM

thanks OP....2 for 2!

will3115 02-13-2013 10:04 AM

Thanks OP! Repped.

HorneDieseL 02-13-2013 11:23 AM

Hope this lasts another few days, my 3 month expires in 4 days...

Thanks OP!

slickdealer09 02-13-2013 01:32 PM

The one month free seems to be dead, I'm getting an error message. The two months for $2 still works.

cation007 02-14-2013 07:04 AM

neither of the links work for me :(

lilphuongy 02-14-2013 09:55 PM

The links work for me!

I got the 1 month for free! Hope for this deal to still continue after my months are gone.

scorsy77 02-14-2013 10:03 PM

Thanks for posting this.

My 1 year subscription just ran out today and I got the 2 Month for $2.

ayoti 02-15-2013 03:16 PM

My 3 month subscription just expired.

I got the 2 Months for $2 as well.

The free month was still available if you didn't want the two month deal.

HorneDieseL 02-17-2013 07:07 PM

Worked as of tonight! Thanks OP

lightsout565 02-18-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks! This is still working. Just upgraded my silve to a gold.

WhiteHatList 02-21-2013 11:20 PM

Mine expires in 3 days hope this deal is still around

wordzero 02-22-2013 02:26 PM

Worked great for me. Thanks and repped!

laptopquestions 02-22-2013 07:02 PM

Still works as of 2/22/13 @ 10:00 PM EST...... Did 2 @ $2 just to play around with it, but don't plan in keeping it.

Really sucks that MSFT is still charging for access to streaming services (e.g. Netflix/Amazon Instant Video) that I already *paid for* that are *free* on Sony boxes, including my PS3 and Bluray boxes (BDP-BX59/Sony BDP-S390).

WhiteHatList 02-25-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteHatList (Post 57750896)
Mine expires in 3 days hope this deal is still around

just ran out and just renewed 1 free month thx repped TU!!!!!

MajinderS 02-25-2013 12:37 PM

Ran out and renewed for 2 months, thanks op!

jerry520ever 02-26-2013 01:16 PM

hope this still works tomorrow!!! mine expires on 27th...

hitz_em_up 02-28-2013 12:58 AM

Still working, just did the 2 months 2 bucks...thanks op

jerry520ever 02-28-2013 06:51 AM

yep, it works like a charm.

AdulE 03-01-2013 12:32 AM

did it the first time, now i cant do it smh

hieroler 03-10-2013 12:06 PM

this apparently is still live, just signed in and got the 1 free month, not sure if this is targeted or what not but no harm in checking

ThaGodfather 03-12-2013 04:36 PM

I did this last month and this month I was able to get another free month. Nice.

juanabove 03-13-2013 11:06 AM

Hey guys...previous free month expired and I just re-upped for another free month. Don't forget to turn off your auto renew...Good luck!!!!!

vgwizard 03-15-2013 05:13 PM

If you hit the back button, you can get a 2nd month free. It worked for me on 2 different accounts. Pretty sweet. Didn't work for a free 3rd month though =/

darksel 03-15-2013 05:21 PM

Thanks OP, love you.

Mystereevan 03-15-2013 09:00 PM

i kept clicking back and confirm. it let me do it about 5 times. my membership now says it expires 8/16/2013, but it says I have Xbox Gold - 1 Month Membership....hmmmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgwizard (Post 58250718)
If you hit the back button, you can get a 2nd month free. It worked for me on 2 different accounts. Pretty sweet. Didn't work for a free 3rd month though =/

cesarrocha 03-22-2013 06:42 PM

Ended up with 5 months free. :)

happygooddeal 03-23-2013 11:37 AM

Got it Today 3/23 ! I only got 1 month though using Prepaid Rebate card lol and turn off automatic renewal =)

WhiteHatList 03-23-2013 02:55 PM

mine expires in two days hope it works again!

WhiteHatList 03-24-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteHatList (Post 58421088)
mine expires in two days hope it works again!

yyyyyyuuuupppppppp! got another free month

Baguda 03-25-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystereevan (Post 58254162)
i kept clicking back and confirm. it let me do it about 5 times. my membership now says it expires 8/16/2013, but it says I have Xbox Gold - 1 Month Membership....hmmmm.

It worked for me 3 times after having used it once over a month ago on the same account. I'm shocked they'd have that loophole.

I thought about hitting back as many times as it would let me, but I still have a fear that doing it too much could cause Microsoft to notice (even doing it 3 times could be a problem) and then out of the blue they'd ban my account forever and take away over a thousand dollars worth of games I purchased. One would hope if they didn't like it that they'd simply cancel the extra free months or ask me to pay for them, but Microsoft is Microsoft. Companies like Microsoft, Apple and Sony I always worry would go straight for the jugular with no mercy.

Mystereevan 03-25-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 58448274)
It worked for me 3 times after having used it once over a month ago on the same account. I'm shocked they'd have that loophole.

I thought about hitting back as many times as it would let me, but I still have a fear that doing it too much could cause Microsoft to notice (even doing it 3 times could be a problem) and then out of the blue they'd ban my account forever and take away over a thousand dollars worth of games I purchased. One would hope if they didn't like it that they'd simply cancel the extra free months or ask me to pay for them, but Microsoft is Microsoft. Companies like Microsoft, Apple and Sony I always worry would go straight for the jugular with no mercy.

True, that could be a problem. I would think the same, only for me I haven't purchased anything on the Xbox Live Marketplace (more of a PSN guy)

sayuri 04-20-2013 06:04 AM

Free month still works as of today :)

WhiteHatList 04-20-2013 11:33 AM

hope it lasts 5 more days for round 3

Baguda 04-20-2013 12:12 PM

I'm still blown away they haven't shut this down. I stopped at 3 free months (hitting the back button) because I was afraid if I did much more I could get banned and lose a thousand dollars worth of games I bought over the years. Who knows what the real limit on this is or if MS cares or how well they monitor it. I don't dare try any more on the same account, but I suppose I could put it on another family account.

MajinderS 04-23-2013 11:46 PM

I ended with up 5 months free by pushing the back button over and over again. Hope they dont charge my credit card! I paid two dollars for the 2 months first time I did this! This is a post that keeps on giving, thanks OP

hyperfire21 04-24-2013 12:16 AM

lol 5 free months? i feel like u'll be charged soon

SMP 04-24-2013 12:47 AM

I just created a new account and have all the way up to Christmas free. That would be 8 months. It just took a month back, so, good up until just before Thanksgiving.

paralagrat 04-24-2013 02:34 AM

Worked like a charm, i'm good out until September. Thanks OP!

Fastblack 04-26-2013 04:05 PM

will be using this in 2 days

Captain_Teemo 04-28-2013 01:48 PM

Do you press back during the check out part?

ps. 05-01-2013 09:06 PM

4 months - four dollars, not bad...plus this is the second time around!

mobil1 05-06-2013 01:32 PM

Wow, still going. I just did my 3rd free month.

DarkHuD 05-11-2013 07:34 AM

I used this 3 months ago, and just had to renew today. I'd kept the page saved in the hopes it would still work. I can confirm, XBL 2 months for $2 still works as of 5/11/13 at 1030.

So much thanks for the OP finding this deal!

BleedTheFreak 05-26-2013 07:33 PM

I just used it but I can't find the option to turn off auto renew. Any help? I see "Keep playing by auto-renewing your membership."

durpy 06-10-2013 08:53 AM

anyone who abused the back button, how is your account doing? :ninja:

ChrisP8282 06-13-2013 08:20 AM

Free month of XBox Live Gold (must currently be Silver member, requires CC or PP)

As the title says, must currently be a Silver member. Be sure to turn off auto renewal after you've signed up. Requires Credit Card or PayPal.

Link [live.com]

YellowFellow 06-13-2013 08:38 AM

shhhhh don't tell anyone! this is super secret!

otaku13 06-13-2013 08:40 AM

could stack well with the free fable 3 download for gold members if nothing else

YellowFellow 06-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku13 (Post 60074104)
could stack well with the free fable 3 download for gold members if nothing else

edit - it has been merged. read the above posts to find out some more about this off for now

otaku13 06-13-2013 08:54 AM

figures i just activated my 1 year card i was sitting on for forever yesterday

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF 06-13-2013 09:04 AM

oh snap! doing this yayyy

noles4life002 06-13-2013 09:12 AM

Dead?

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.

And yes, I'm Silver.

kmuzikar 06-13-2013 09:54 AM

Got it. Thanks OP. Repped.

noles4life002 06-13-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noles4life002 (Post 60074904)
Dead?

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.

And yes, I'm Silver.

I stand corrected. I signed out and signed back into the same account and it offered it to me. Weird.

CX59Y 06-13-2013 11:03 AM

signed up for 1 month.... 10 times. hopefully it works? but if they cancel after a month its ok too

Description:
Gold – 1 Month
Expiration Date:
04/12/2014

mrstak 06-14-2013 07:04 AM

Still works. I just signed up with a debit card till next April. Then it started giving me error messages about the debit card and finishing up the last transaction before doing it over. I guess it only works till April 2014?

digThisXL 06-25-2013 06:45 AM

Still working! Just used (again)

giantsquid 06-26-2013 01:11 PM

Xbox Live 1 month for $1 (silver members only, YMMV)

On my Xbox Live home screen today (6/26) was an offer for 1 month of Xbox Live Gold for $1. Good time to pounce on it now since you can still get Fable 3 for free! The other free Gold games (likely Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2) will be released on July 1st and 16th, so you'll be able to get those too before the membership expires! Your results may vary and you'll need to have a Silver membership. Be careful, this does activate auto-renewel at a rate of $9.99/month. However, it can easily be turned off under "My Account" on the Xbox Live webpage. Good luck!

YellowFellow 06-26-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantsquid (Post 60352670)
On my Xbox Live home screen today (6/26) was an offer for 1 month of Xbox Live Gold for $1. Good time to pounce on it now since you can still get Fable 3 for free! The other free Gold games (likely Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2) will be released on July 1st and 16th, so you'll be able to get those too before the membership expires! Your results may vary and you'll need to have a Silver membership. Be careful, this does activate auto-renewel at a rate of $9.99/month. However, it can easily be turned off under "My Account" on the Xbox Live webpage. Good luck!

dammit! why can't soo many people keep this a secret!

Edit - btw this is a repost if you didn't catch that sarcasm there. This probably gets posted once a week and has almost always been around. I dont feel like reading through this thread but if you do there used to be a way to get more than a few months but not sure if the glitch is still there.

SolomonChen89 07-17-2013 12:37 AM

the links don't work for me. I've signed out then back in, still doesn't work. is this only valid in the US region? (trying to get Lost Planet 2 [India])

mobil1 08-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabih786 (Post 60078252)
signed up for 1 month.... 10 times. hopefully it works? but if they cancel after a month its ok too

Description:
Gold – 1 Month
Expiration Date:
04/12/2014

How do you sign up multiple times?

mizark21 08-18-2013 12:44 AM

Thanks, it worked. Rep!

cobra11murderer 08-18-2013 12:48 AM

uh I just got a month for free!, no 1 dollar charge!?!?!?!? thx!!! :)

joseph.cox 08-19-2013 01:19 PM

Argh, gutted, I am a gold member! I will pass this on to a friend who has a silver membership though. Thanks!

dmoser09 08-19-2013 07:30 PM

I "bought" this once, and then again when it ran out! This is the bomb!

lifewillbeok 08-19-2013 07:39 PM

is the 2 months for $2.00 deal still alive?

parachutingfish 08-19-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifewillbeok (Post 61428452)
is the 2 months for $2.00 deal still alive?

Doesn't work for me.

But I been using the free month for the past 3 months no problems. Just another one just now.

macfable 08-22-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parachutingfish (Post 61429786)
Doesn't work for me.

But I been using the free month for the past 3 months no problems. Just another one just now.

No go for me...

parachutingfish 08-24-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfable (Post 61494416)
No go for me...

I had some issues at first. Make sure your status on xbox.com shows silver/free. Then log off, close your browser and try again.

travbrw 08-25-2013 11:25 PM

XBOX Live Gold Membership FREE for 1 Month

I know this has been posted before in the past, I did a search and nothing came up recently and just want to let the people know who have not yet gotten in on it, that it is still alive.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subsc...nformation

You can continue to do this each month once your gold membership is downgraded back to silver (free membership)

You will need a valid credit card or PayPal, but just turn off the automatic renewal and come back in 30 days.

How to cancel automatic renewal [xbox.com]

sammita 08-25-2013 11:55 PM

I get "This promotional offer is not available.
Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers." My free month expired 2-3 weeks ago. I guess I can't do it again.

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

okinawanmatt 08-25-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammita (Post 61546112)
I get "This promotional offer is not available.
Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers." My free month expired 2-3 weeks ago. I guess I can't do it again.

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

Same dealio.

soccermonkey 08-26-2013 12:00 AM

thanks!

works for me! i had to use a different credit card, but i had the free trial about 3 months ago.

ThatOneGuyWho1 08-26-2013 12:04 AM

You can only get the deal if you're a silver member.

hyteckit 08-26-2013 12:31 AM

Works with both of my accounts. Thanks.

Eligible for the free Dead Rising games too. Nice.

antlp89 08-26-2013 12:48 AM

http://slickdeals.net/f/5851784-Free-Month-of-Xbox-LIVE-W-CC-or-Paypal-for-Silver-Members

yapchagi 08-26-2013 12:51 AM

works!!! Thanks!

sixty4bit 08-26-2013 03:39 AM

I'm getting an error that the promotion isn't available for the 2 mos/$2

munch 08-26-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish713 (Post 61547026)
I'm getting an error that the promotion isn't available for the 2 mos/$2

That's because it's not available any more.

GoodDay 08-26-2013 04:55 AM

Free 1 Month Xbox Gold Membership @ Xbox.com

1 Attachment(s)
https://login.live.com/login.srf?...se&cbcxt=0

rtoudozue 08-26-2013 05:03 AM

Thanks. Don't forget to turn off auto renew. This should get you 4 fre games as well if you play it right.

okinawanmatt 08-26-2013 06:05 AM

Is this a repost from exactly 6 hours ago that got merged into the already existing thread?

MFlash321 08-26-2013 07:30 AM

Is it for silver only? I'm gold and it says promo not available for me.

bobbyg27 08-26-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtoudozue (Post 61547372)
Thanks. Don't forget to turn off auto renew. This should get you 4 fre games as well if you play it right.

I can see how it would get you 3 but not 4...

Candletric 08-26-2013 07:42 AM

Repost

joelrpg 08-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyg27 (Post 61549392)
I can see how it would get you 3 but not 4...

You can get both Dead Rising and DR:Case Zero right now. The new titles will be available the 1st and 16th of September.

jaller878 08-26-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFlash321 (Post 61549256)
Is it for silver only? I'm gold and it says promo not available for me.

Im gold too and it says the same thing, its not availbile for me. I tried my second account which is silver and it worked. So i guess it is for silver only

kschlege 08-26-2013 07:47 AM

Netflix needs to run their promo again ... I filled up a couple years ago on it and I must be getting close to the end.

MFlash321 08-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaller878 (Post 61549528)
Im gold too and it says the same thing, its not availbile for me. I tried my second account which is silver and it worked. So i guess it is for silver only

Understand--thanks

RonDo 08-26-2013 08:35 AM

Thanks. Haven't been in gold for awhile.

Dung32692 08-26-2013 08:37 AM

People have been selling these links on eBay a few months ago .

ThaGodfather 08-26-2013 08:55 AM

I've been using this to renew since about December, I believe.

travbrw 08-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okinawanmatt (Post 61547942)
Is this a repost from exactly 6 hours ago that got merged into the already existing thread?

Yeah repost of my repost.

matt247 08-26-2013 09:08 AM

thanks

TheBaffler 08-26-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtoudozue (Post 61547372)

good thing I've never given M$ my CC.. at least through xbox.com

bobbyg27 08-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelrpg (Post 61549520)
You can get both Dead Rising and DR:Case Zero right now. The new titles will be available the 1st and 16th of September.

Ehhhhhh you're counting DR:CZ as its own game, kinda cheap. It's more of an add-on to DR2 (only costs 400 MSP at full price). So really, 3 games in a month :)

chall100 08-26-2013 09:33 AM

Thanks

20021108 08-26-2013 09:35 AM

Thanks.

pauliex 08-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kschlege (Post 61549558)
Netflix needs to run their promo again ... I filled up a couple years ago on it and I must be getting close to the end.

WTF does Netflix on XBox require a Live account at all? That's such a scam. Run Netflix on any other device (phone, PX, Wii, Blu-Ray player) and that is not the case.

BoldIntrepid 08-26-2013 09:44 AM

Is this for free members also? I tried and it said
This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

heyjewed 08-26-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung32692 (Post 61550576)
People have been selling these links on eBay a few months ago .

That's sleazy.

kschlege 08-26-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauliex (Post 61551700)
WTF does Netflix on XBox require a Live account at all? That's such a scam. Run Netflix on any other device (phone, PX, Wii, Blu-Ray player) and that is not the case.

No, probably about 2 years ago, there was a "hidden" page where you could get a month of free xbox from Netflix. It was probably provided to someone in an email, that way you can try Netflix on your xbox when you signed up for Netflix. All you had to do was enter your email and they'd send you a month of xbox for free. If you had a gmail account, you could enter periods in your email address and basically get 24 months for free. They took down the site and brought it back up, but then it was limited by IP.

Tigga573 08-26-2013 09:48 AM

Nice timing, my subscription just ran out today. Thanks!

vron247 08-26-2013 09:55 AM

This promotional offer is not available

dpchrist 08-26-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoldIntrepid (Post 61551848)
Is this for free members also? I tried and it said
This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

I got it as a Silver member just now. I was gold up until about 3 weeks ago.

fir3ball 08-26-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kschlege (Post 61551910)
No, probably about 2 years ago, there was a "hidden" page where you could get a month of free xbox from Netflix. It was probably provided to someone in an email, that way you can try Netflix on your xbox when you signed up for Netflix. All you had to do was enter your email and they'd send you a month of xbox for free. If you had a gmail account, you could enter periods in your email address and basically get 24 months for free. They took down the site and brought it back up, but then it was limited by IP.

The point was/ is MS screws everyone by putting up a pay wall to block Netflix. It was nice for Netflix to get everyone a free month of XBL to support their own promos.. but the official method is still wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vron247 (Post 61552070)

Ditto... who qualifies for this promo?

kschlege 08-26-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fir3ball (Post 61552232)
The point was/ is MS screws everyone by putting up a pay wall to block Netflix. It was nice for Netflix to get everyone a free month of XBL to support their own promos.. but the official method is still wrong.

Ah, okay. Yeah, having to pay M$ just to watch Netflix kinda sucks. I have an old xbox 360 and it's way too loud to watch netflix on anyways. Sounds like an airplane taking off. Better off buying a chromecast or Roku.

holdmydrink253 08-26-2013 10:08 AM

Only Silver accounts qualify. If you're already Gold it won't work because.... well, you're already Gold. It's an upgrade, not an add on promotion.

fir3ball 08-26-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kschlege (Post 61552292)
Ah, okay. Yeah, having to pay M$ just to watch Netflix kinda sucks. I have an old xbox 360 and it's way too loud to watch netflix on anyways. Sounds like an airplane taking off. Better off buying a chromecast or Roku.

Absolutely, I'm too scared to use the RRODbox for anything other than games I have to play on it. ( I have an old 20gb that I resurrected). I love the chromecast now since it saves the wear on my PS3 too.

migv1 08-26-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vron247 (Post 61552070)

Same here. I also hate that you have to pay to stream Netflix, and it's not even HD.

namel3ss 08-26-2013 10:28 AM

thanks OP. working for me.

Tom425 08-26-2013 11:00 AM

Where do people see 4 free games? I only see Dead Rising 2 & DR: Case Zero.

onlyone 08-26-2013 11:04 AM

THANKS! Got the free month!

Mr. Beefy 08-26-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom425 (Post 61553538)
Where do people see 4 free games? I only see Dead Rising 2 & DR: Case Zero.

The other games haven't been released yet.

poofiepoof 08-26-2013 11:11 AM

My gold ran out a while ago, but still shows me listed as "Gold", making this promotion unavailable to me. I don't even-

EnragedGnome 08-26-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poofiepoof (Post 61553798)
My gold ran out a while ago, but still shows me listed as "Gold", making this promotion unavailable to me. I don't even-

Have you logged in to your account through the Xbox itself since your membership expired? I think your account doesn't fully revert in the system until you actually try to log in to your account on the console itself.

pr1nyc1 08-26-2013 12:30 PM

These promos almost always only works for Silver accounts.

platinumtlc 08-26-2013 09:02 PM

The 1 month looks available to me, but not the 2$ for 2 month... whats up?

f150triton 08-26-2013 09:16 PM

the $2 for 2 month has been dead for decent while now. free 1 month still good

sstalev 08-27-2013 08:51 AM

Thank you!

mmetal 08-27-2013 11:32 AM

1-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers a 1-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for free. Log-in or sign up to redeem the offer.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?...ff-live-we

okinawanmatt 08-27-2013 11:35 AM

...for everyone, or for people who are Silver status who have never participated in this promo/trial?

DJ3xclusive 08-27-2013 11:36 AM

Anyone knows where under my account to cancel the renewal terms?

charlie.allnut 08-27-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive (Post 61576722)
Anyone knows where under my account to cancel the renewal terms?

Hope this helps:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/bil...bscription

sa330206 08-27-2013 03:08 PM

Still waiting the full month for my account to unlock..

poofiepoof 08-30-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnragedGnome (Post 61554406)
Have you logged in to your account through the Xbox itself since your membership expired? I think your account doesn't fully revert in the system until you actually try to log in to your account on the console itself.

Signed in through incognito on Chrome and it worked fine. Who knows?

Fragster 08-30-2013 01:51 PM

I've been using (abusing) this $1 or free deals for almost 4 months now. Ran out of the 1yr subscribtion earlier this year and kept using the "become silver, download streaming app and get the $1/month deal pop-up' deal....worked for 3 months. I think MS stopped this deal from the marketplace some months ago. Then I got the 1 month free last month which is expiring end of Sep.

Basically I've only paid like $2 for over 4 months of Gold membership now. Hopefully these unadvertised deals continue for a while till I migrate over to PS4.

tickytacky 09-01-2013 09:18 AM

Had this thread marked for the longest time. Been meaning to make use of it and finally did today, got my free month. Thanks and repped OP! Just need to make the time to game again.

MrCheapSk8 09-01-2013 09:37 AM

3rd month in a row I've used this. Usually have to wait a couple of days after Gold expires before it will work again.

ktizzle 09-02-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poofiepoof (Post 61648126)
Signed in through incognito on Chrome and it worked fine. Who knows?

Yup that's what i did too

numanair 09-05-2013 02:08 AM

Free Month of Xbox Live Gold for Silver Members (CC/PP Required)

A free month of xbox live gold is available to those with a silver/free account. Paypal or credit card required. Can be used for this deal to get magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers for free.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subsc...nformation

Don't forget to disable auto renew afterwards!

illuminati 09-06-2013 06:31 PM

Why doesn't work for me? Every time I try it keeps saying it can't be processed at this time. When I click add new credit card it just keeps the wheel spinning.

girlbytes 09-09-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragster (Post 61648684)
I've been using (abusing) this $1 or free deals for almost 4 months now. Ran out of the 1yr subscribtion earlier this year and kept using the "become silver, download streaming app and get the $1/month deal pop-up' deal....worked for 3 months. I think MS stopped this deal from the marketplace some months ago. Then I got the 1 month free last month which is expiring end of Sep.

Basically I've only paid like $2 for over 4 months of Gold membership now. Hopefully these unadvertised deals continue for a while till I migrate over to PS4.

Yup I'm on my 4th free month as well! I was using the 2 months for $2 deal but when that stopped working I started using this 1 month free link. I'm down without gold status for about a day & a half each month after my account expires before the offer works again, so that is not bad at all! I have a year gold card ready for IF or/when this quits working completely! U don't think there's a chance of MS ever busting us for using this over & over again? I hope not cuz that would suck! Cheers to everyone for reposting the link & keeping this alive!

sjsfan 09-11-2013 09:47 AM

FREE Xbox LIVE Gold 1-Month Membership via XBOX.COM

I apologize if this is repost. Did not find any recent info so posting it now.

Free 1 month XBOX Live Gold membership. Need to call to cancel after 1 month or you will be charged $9.99 retail price.

Very good deal if you are a first time user.

What can you do with XBOX Live Gold Membership?
  • Free game demos
  • Download arcade and full Xbox 360 games
  • Rent and buy HD movies
  • Create and customize your Avatar
  • Control moves and the sound of your voice with Kinect
  • Instantly watch movies and TV
  • Live sports from ESPN on Xbox LIVE
  • Personalized music from Xbox Music Pass
  • Play games online with friends

Linky [xbox.com]

raaaaaa 09-11-2013 09:51 AM

need credit card

NevTheRipper 09-11-2013 10:21 AM

Looks like it's not valid for current Gold subscribers to extend their membership.

sjsfan 09-11-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevTheRipper (Post 61863164)
Looks like it's not valid for current Gold subscribers to extend their membership.

It's not going to work as extension. Only as a new user sign up.

Knuteski 09-11-2013 11:05 AM

It works if your Gold is expired. You do not need to create a new account. And, you can turn off the auto-renewal as soon as you sign up.

Worked perfectly for me!

stncttr908 09-11-2013 11:09 AM

Hopefully this is still applicable in two weeks when my account expires!

jspicoli 09-11-2013 11:42 AM

Worked great on my expired account. Thanks!

ketamine 09-11-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stncttr908 (Post 61864178)
Hopefully this is still applicable in two weeks when my account expires!

Definitely, this is going for a very long time.

20021108 09-11-2013 12:34 PM

FREE 1-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for new member @ Xbox LIVE Marketplace

1 Attachment(s)
Xbox LIVE Marketplace [live.com] offers a 1-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for free. (Log-in or sign up to redeem the offer).

DavidinCT 09-11-2013 12:41 PM

I'm a live member and this said it's not avilable to my account....Is this only for silver members ?

20021108 09-11-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 61866504)
I'm a live member and this said it's not avilable to my account....Is this only for silver members ?

I registered a new account and got this offer.

EscrimadorX 09-11-2013 12:43 PM

thanks op! i didn't realize people have been able to do this month after month :)

MPoWeRM3 09-11-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20021108 (Post 61866330)
Xbox LIVE Marketplace [live.com] offers a 1-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for free. (Log-in or sign up to redeem the offer).

Fyi, http://slickdeals.net/f/5851784-Free-Month-of-Xbox-LIVE-W-CC-or-Paypal-for-Silver-Members
Your post will probably be merged there.

DavidinCT 09-11-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20021108 (Post 61866536)
I registered a new account and got this offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsoft

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers..

Oh, well, maybe only new members...sorry, didn't see that..

Namelessme 09-11-2013 12:52 PM

Will we be able to download the free games available to Gold people only, if we use the freebie 1 month offer? Not so fond of this month's freebie games, so am thinking of just holding off until I see a game I'd actually play.

mrtasan 09-11-2013 12:53 PM

hmmmm

Curtieson 09-11-2013 12:59 PM

All Xbox Live Free members can ALWAYS get one month for free...that has been around for years and years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 61866504)

You are either a "Free" member or a "Gold" member. The "Silver" level was killed a year or two back.

blueice604 09-11-2013 02:04 PM

doesn't work for russian account? lol

koleszka 09-12-2013 06:45 PM

in 4 1

DarkHuD 09-17-2013 03:57 AM

Deal is Dead

mobil1 09-19-2013 03:02 PM

Finally died. Both offers do not work as of today 9/19. Had a good run with this...

AndresON777 09-20-2013 08:07 PM

Finally ended