Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HEADS UP AMAZON GIFT CARD USERS - check your invoices (http://slickdeals.net/f/5852306-heads-up-amazon-gift-card-users-check-your-invoices)

adamant 02-12-2013 06:57 AM

HEADS UP AMAZON GIFT CARD USERS - check your invoices

I typically use amazon gift cards (GCs) to buy most things on amazon since I can get gift cards at a discount here and there.

I have noticed an incongruency in the invoices I am charged when using a GC on an item that has a clipped coupon. At checkout, the coupon appears to be applied correctly, however when the item ships, I am charged the full amount to the gift card balance.

I started chatting with customer service, and was told that if a GC covers the entire balance, the coupon will not be applied. This is not listed on any help pages or T&Cs.

I looked back and saw that I was charged full price for:
The bounty paper towels on January 10, 2013 (should have had a $3 coupon)
The lysol soap refills from December 6, 2012 ($2 coupon)
and most recently, the Seventh Generation dish soap from February 10, 2013 ($3 coupon)

I am sure that there are more items, these are the ones that I had personally purchased. Please post with other items that had been sold with coupons recently so people can check their accounts.

Below is my conversation with a CSR (after requesting to speak to their manager).

Quote:

Sathiya:I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It'll just be a moment longer.
Thank you for the information.
Thank you for waiting.
I see that this information isn't listed on our help pages.
I checked with the resources available on my side and confirmed that the coupon savings cant be applied when gift card balance is covered for the entire order cost,
Me:and?
Sathiya:In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.
Me:I would like for you to offer me $8 in promotional credit for my next purchase, and to update your terms and conditions to indicate the discrepancy.
Sathiya:To compensate any inconvenience, I'll issue a promotional credit of $8.00 to your account and send you an email about the credit. I'll be sure to pass your feedback.
Me:Thank you.

Link to coupon T&Cs: http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotio...7VQG3DXNWC
Gift card T&Cs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cus...Id=3122091

Hopefully this helps someone out there reclaim some money that they thought that they had saved.

kaatTUpooCHI 02-12-2013 07:04 AM

Wow.. it will be hard to go back and check each and every item. Is there a way to see when coupon was clipped?

nrdk00 02-12-2013 07:22 AM

Didn't have any issues with this myself:

Papertowel Deal

Item(s) Subtotal: $21.88
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$3.00
Lightning Deal: -$6.80
-----
Total before tax: $12.08
Sales Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: -$12.08
-----
Total for This Shipment: $0.00
Total paid by Gift Certificate/Card: -$12.08

adamant 02-12-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaatTUpooCHI (Post 57525850)
Wow.. it will be hard to go back and check each and every item. Is there a way to see when coupon was clipped?

I went back through my amazon order history and picked the things that I thought had had a coupon, I then cross referenced to the slickdeals post for it to confirm the coupon and amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdk00 (Post 57526314)

Papertowel Deal

-----
-----

I'm glad you didn't have an issue, maybe it being a lightning deal helped.

mrm16 02-12-2013 07:27 AM

I quickly checked couple of my recent orders where I used coupons and did not find any issue w/ them.

Item(s) Subtotal: $32.99
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.00
-----
Total before tax: $31.99
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: -$31.99
-----
Total paid by Gift Certificate/Card: -$31.99

adamant 02-12-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdk00 (Post 57526314)

Papertowel Deal

-----
-----

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm16 (Post 57526428)
I quickly checked couple of my recent orders where I used coupons and did not find any issue w/ them.

Item(s) Subtotal: $32.99
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.00
-----
Total before tax: $31.99
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: -$31.99
-----
Total paid by Gift Certificate/Card: -$31.99

Are you guys checking your email confirmations, or your invoices online? If just email, I recommend checking online as well and your gift card balances for each transaction. My email confirmation shows the coupons, but online invoice does not. Very tricky..

adamant 02-12-2013 07:56 AM

I looked back to some shampoo I bought in June, and there were no issues. My guess is that this is a problem/"feature" of the new S&S system.

I found that searching my email for "amazon.com order coupon" turns up email confirmations for orders that I used a coupon on.

nrdk00 02-12-2013 09:16 AM

Used my invoices, directly what was charged as I keep these kinds of things budgeted. Can't say I've ever signed up for S&S though.

slickydoll 02-17-2013 03:30 PM

The other day I chose to receive my e bates rebate in the form on an Amazon GC. Wont be doing that again.