Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 (Refurbished) $55 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5853568-turtle-beach-ear-force-x41-wireless-headset-for-xbox-360-refurbished-55-free-shipping)

DJ3xclusive 02-12-2013 08:59 PM

Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 (Refurbished) $55 + Free Shipping

8 Attachment(s)
http://1saleaday.com

Product Link <<< click there

Pretty much the cheapest you can get for very good wireless gaming headset for xbox 360 :whee:

Dolby 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
  • The Ear Force X41 transmitter uses a 150MPS Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to deliver genuine Dolby Digital sound, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, and Dolby Headphone surround sound processing technologies - the industry-standard formats for encoding multi-channel sound in XBOX 360 games and DVD movies. The X41 uses the latest version of Dolby technology to create realistic game sound in 7.1 channels for improved surround sound accuracy.
Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Stereo Enhancer
  • The X41 transmitter incorporates the latest Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoding system for surround sound realism from Dolby Pro Logic II encoded audio. When used with stereo sources, the Dolby Pro Logic Decoder also enhances the sound by spreading the stereo signal to provide a “wider” effect. This results in a richer, fuller sound than normal stereo - almost as if it originates from outside of the headphones.
2.4GHz Wireless Digital RF Technology
  • The Ear Force X41 transmits game audio to the headset with an uncompressed wireless digital radio frequency (RF) signal to deliver CD-quality sound that rivals professional-grade wired headphones. Best of all, the wireless RF signal does not require "line of sight" to operate. That means you can stand anywhere near your XBOX 360 and hear a clear, noise-free signal.
Chat Boost Dynamic Talkback Expander
  • If you’ve ever had trouble hearing teammates on XBOX LIVE when the game action heats up, then you know how frustrating it can be when you have to keep adjusting the chat volume. Chat Boost fixes this problem by automatically adjusting the XBOX Live chat level when the game gets louder, so chat from teammates isn't lost in the exciting parts of your game. As the game sound gets louder, Chat Boost turns up the chat volume automatically so you can still hear what everyone is saying.
    • It's a simple solution to an annoying problem, and it all happens automatically - so you don't have to adjust anything!
Microphone Monitoring
  • It's hard to hear yourself speak when a headset is covering your ears. The X41 corrects this annoyance with its microphone monitoring feature. The X41 adds a portion of the microphone signal into the headset signal, so you can hear a portion of your voice along with incoming chat and game audio. Microphone monitoring not only prevents you from talking too loud or accidentally yelling into the mic, it also eliminates that annoying "clogged ears" feeling when talking while the headset is covering your ears.
Bass Boost
  • The X41 headset DSP also lets you turn on a Bass Boost feature that produces deep, rich bass tones by increasing the volume of low frequency sounds - just like turning up the volume on the sub-woofer on your home theater system. Bass Boost improves your gaming experience by kicking-up the sound level of explosions, gun shots and other deep-bass sound effects, making them even more dramatic.
Wired Headphone Connection
  • The X41 transmitter includes a headphone output jack with volume control to connect an optional pair of wired headphones in addition to the wireless X41 headset. This jack outputs the same high-quality Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound that’s being transmitted to the wireless X41 headset, which allows two people to hear the game sound at the same time.
Independent Chat/Game Volumes
  • Separate volume controls let you adjust the game and chat levels individually, so you can easily balance them and never have to worry about missing a cue from your teammates.
Advanced Battery Booster Circuitry
  • The X41 has a “battery booster” circuit that squeezes every last bit of power from the batteries and assures high quality sound until they’re completely dead. This allows a pair of AAA Alkaline batteries to last for as long as 25 straight hours of game play. You can also buy standard rechargeable batteries in place of Alkaline batteries.
Powered By USB
  • The transmitter is powered by a single USB port on your XBOX, or from a nearby PC or laptop. So there is no need to fuss with a separate AC power adapter.

Discombobulated 02-12-2013 08:59 PM

Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 (Refurbished) $55 + Free Shipping

2 Attachment(s)
1saleaday has Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 (Refurbished) for $54.99. Shipping is free. Thanks DJ3xclusive

wikipost 02-12-2013 08:59 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

If you are thinking about getting a set of these for PC-use see post #17

video link on how to connect x41 to pc and ps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feat...M-1Bx-7_zI

hzh003 02-12-2013 09:05 PM

Good deal?

DJ3xclusive 02-12-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hzh003 (Post 57544642)
Good deal?

Yes :nod: This has been the lowest price seen so far. It always hovered around $60 to $80 refurbished across the web :)

Josecuervo100 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

Amazing deal. But for some reason I don't see it when I sign in. :(

Devedander 02-12-2013 09:34 PM

Yeah link to product? I want in...

DJ3xclusive 02-12-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josecuervo100 (Post 57545148)
Amazing deal. But for some reason I don't see it when I sign in. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devedander (Post 57545188)
Yeah link to product? I want in...

It's working for me. Clear your cookies and trying clicking the link again :)

Click Me

samurais 02-12-2013 09:40 PM

Does this work with PS3?

Devedander 02-12-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurais (Post 57545270)
Does this work with PS3?

I think it works with anything with optical audio out. But for the chat feature to work you would have to buy an additional adapter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive (Post 57545266)
It's working for me. Clear your cookies and trying clicking the link again :)

Click Me

Sweet product link worked, in 4 1!

ghostofdavid 02-12-2013 09:48 PM

I just took back my 199 Tangos because I realized I wasn't an idiot who wanted to pay that much for terrible sounding headphones.

I might get these. Because I'm still an idiot. Not sure how to hook these up with surround sound... I'll google it later.

RealD3Al 02-12-2013 10:06 PM

Great deal on these headphones! Anyone in the market for gaming cans you wont find anything better at in the 50-150$ range!

Dentalll18 02-12-2013 10:43 PM

This seems like a very good price for a wireless headphone, but does it has good surround sound for movies and music? Most the reviews I looked up seem to aim toward gaming.

silverzzz 02-12-2013 10:45 PM

hi, great deal! and how did you find the item on 1saleaday? I checked everywhere on the homepage and I don't see it, can you tell me please?

Devedander 02-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dentalll18 (Post 57545860)
This seems like a very good price for a wireless headphone, but does it has good surround sound for movies and music? Most the reviews I looked up seem to aim toward gaming.

I suspect they work fine... appears they connect to anything with optical or RCA connectors...

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverzzz (Post 57545882)
hi, great deal! and how did you find the item on 1saleaday? I checked everywhere on the homepage and I don't see it, can you tell me please?

Seriously?

icyx 02-12-2013 10:53 PM

i think ill bite, i need new gaming headphones for PC

fujirio 02-12-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

CLICK ME [1saleaday.com]

jwcdis 02-12-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyx (Post 57545946)

Don't, I bit a couple of weeks ago and it was a pain in the ass.
to connect to PC, you either need a SPDIF output OR a RCA to 3mm converter
The mic, I believe might work in SPDIF otherwise you'll have to connect through a PC xbox 360 controller or through a 2.5mm jack input.

I regret purchasing this for PC without looking into the details.

DJ3xclusive 02-12-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 57545976)
to connect to PC, you either need a SPDIF output OR a RCA to 3mm convertor
The mic could also be alternatively connected through a PC xbox 360 controller.

I would soley recommend this strictly for xbox use only unless your PC has a sound card that supports the specific outputs needed :nod: It's best use for the 360 gaming console :D

Mt86 02-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive (Post 57545986)
I would soley recommend this strictly for xbox use only unless your PC has a sound card that supports the specific outputs needed :nod: It's best use for the 360 gaming console :D

With Xbox and ps3 work great. Small tweaks can get them to work with pc also!

Rhythmic 02-12-2013 11:09 PM

Here's an interesting Amazon post showing how to get it to work with a PS3, which should allow it to work with a PC: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B002KSPKRS/

This may not be a wireless solution though.

FenixDown 02-12-2013 11:53 PM

I already have the x11 headphones... these are REALLY tempting me at this price tho...

decisions decisions...

tabordude 02-12-2013 11:58 PM

I have an Xfi- Titanium PC soundcard so I have the inputs to easily run the headphones. However my question is will I be able to still have the mic be wireless since I would t have anything plugged into my soundcard relating to my mic port?

FreedomPenguin 02-13-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixDown (Post 57546356)
I already have the x11 headphones... these are REALLY tempting me at this price tho

decisions decisions...

no. /smacks :lmao::lmao:

viciousthomas 02-13-2013 12:11 AM

Can anyone recommend me a cheap wireless headset? I'm not always around the controller. I just need to be able to communicate through LIVE party chat.

david_kay 02-13-2013 12:12 AM

U have to sign in to see the deal

Quote:

U have to sign in to your account ! ! !

brian1rr 02-13-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Or ps3

ParticleJG 02-13-2013 12:44 AM

I've heard some pretty bad reviews about wireless headphones in general like lag, static, etc. Aside from the obvious ability to not be held down by a wire, do these offer any benefit over x12s?

Tly 02-13-2013 12:58 AM

I bought these some time ago and am quite pleased with the sound quality & comfort.

I have a receiver that OUTputs digital toslink and so I am able to use ANY of my inputs (DVR, PS3, Xbox, Wii, etc.) with this.

klrtovfr 02-13-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostofdavid (Post 57545346)
I just took back my 199 Tangos because I realized I wasn't an idiot who wanted to pay that much for terrible sounding headphones.

I might get these. Because I'm still an idiot. Not sure how to hook these up with surround sound... I'll google it later.

Haha, I went from the X41 to tangos and was sure glad I did so. x41 are junk compared to the tangos. Enjoy having echo and static from the chat cable within 6 months and spending $25 on a new cable every 6 months. Ill keep the wireless bluetooth. Also of annoyance with the x41 the batteries always seemed to die at the worst times during gaming. Scrambeling around for some charged batteries is not fun. the tangos simply plug the usb cable in after the headset tells you the battery is low

bigbryan 02-13-2013 01:48 AM

i got mine refurb for about 90 bucks 2 years ago and that was still worth it and they are still working today. badass deal.

Pato 02-13-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57546686)
I've heard some pretty bad reviews about wireless headphones in general like lag, static, etc. Aside from the obvious ability to not be held down by a wire, do these offer any benefit over x12s?

These operate on 2.4 GHz band and other wifi devices nearby may interfere; hence the static and pop you may intermittently get. I just got the X42s and these operate on 5 GHz band and the sound is crisp and clear; I don't have the static issue at all. Other than that, the 2 headset models are essentially the same. However, the price makes these x41 a good deal for gaming- especially COD, and FPS games. Also have a good supply of rechargeable AAA batteries for the headset.

jpk1080 02-13-2013 03:44 AM

It says it comes with some kind of usb cable. That doesn't hook the receiver to PC? I'd love to get these but would be using them for PC only. I hate to have to buy several adapters to make this work.

momsbasement 02-13-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klrtovfr (Post 57546938)
Haha, I went from the X41 to tangos and was sure glad I did so. x41 are junk compared to the tangos. Enjoy having echo and static from the chat cable within 6 months and spending $25 on a new cable every 6 months. Ill keep the wireless bluetooth. Also of annoyance with the x41 the batteries always seemed to die at the worst times during gaming. Scrambeling around for some charged batteries is not fun. the tangos simply plug the usb cable in after the headset tells you the battery is low

Awesome. Were they $55? Just sayin'.

Pato 02-13-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpk1080 (Post 57547642)
It says it comes with some kind of usb cable. That doesn't hook the receiver to PC? I'd love to get these but would be using them for PC only. I hate to have to buy several adapters to make this work.

USB power the xmitter only. Here's the TB video to get the x41 hooked up to PC and PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feat...M-1Bx-7_zI

mo.karney 02-13-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

The mic, I believe might work in SPDIF otherwise you'll have to connect through a PC xbox 360 controller or through a 2.5mm jack input.

Quote:

I hooked these up to my computer and ran the USB to it as well. I also ran a Hemingway splitter from my Xbox to my tv and my pc. So while these are hooked to my pc, I can still get the Xbox audio without having to disconnect and reconnect them. I have no idea why you would say not buy it as there are no drivers needed to use these. Just plug and play. The one downside is they go through aaa batteries really quickly. Like 7-8 hours of use and I have to get new ones every 2 days. I finally got some rechargeable ones yesterday so we shall se.....

TH0R 02-13-2013 05:04 AM

Thank you, 2 mighty thumbs up and repped! :D

juliereinhardt 02-13-2013 05:27 AM

I am sigened and can't find this deal anywhere? Is it already done?

audibink 02-13-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliereinhardt (Post 57548426)
I am sigened and can't find this deal anywhere? Is it already done?

bummer, I think I missed it also!

idrank2muchmilk 02-13-2013 06:37 AM

I bought two pairs of these refurbished x41s a couple years ago via WOOT! (back when it didn't suck) Both are still up and running and were very worth the price paid (79 i think?)

krazyk412 02-13-2013 06:43 AM

Man I paid $200 for the X4s new and I was a happy customer. If these are equivalent to the X4s (or even better) then this is a stellar deal.

dep411 02-13-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

I barley play my xbox or PS3......But I bought these just for watching movies and what not
and they work great.... You do get the feel of surround sound with moderate bass when things explode and what not...

CodyPatt1 02-13-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audibink (Post 57548446)
bummer, I think I missed it also!

10 mins left. Still working as of now

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

byrner13 02-13-2013 07:11 AM

Thanks! Had these before and had to bite again. Great price!

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

Superorb 02-13-2013 07:13 AM

How do headphones provide 8 channels of sound?

3dman 02-13-2013 07:31 AM

It was the same price in Newegg.com/marketplace a few days back and it's also from the same seller. I almost pick one up since i don't have to pay shipping and tax but i have no needed for it.

Check again today in newegg.com/marketplace and the price went up to $149.99 from the same seller.

Good price if you don't need to pay tax in 1SaleAday.com

mobbology 02-13-2013 07:31 AM

+1 in for one!

gerharz 02-13-2013 07:31 AM

Consider the X42s for $15 more:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...0MC0MH7265

Less chance of interference with the X42s.

Reviews:http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wire...ref=sr_1_1

SweetMeef 02-13-2013 07:44 AM

I wouldn't get these. I had a pair and the popping sound when the audio cuts out is pretty unbearable. They sounded great when they worked, but there were too many instances of the audio cutting out and the popping bursting your eardrums to make them worth holding onto. I sold mine on CL and bought a set of XP500s.

That said, the talkback feature and optical in+out on these gives them an advantage over similar headphones from other brands. I love not sounding like I'm underwater.

Milkwasabadchoice 02-13-2013 07:46 AM

In 4 1. Great deal!

evilgiantrobot 02-13-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerharz (Post 57550460)

I've considered these, but is there a big sound difference since the x42's don't have (or advertise) surround 7.1 sound? Does anyone that has tried both notice a difference in sound?

Krakn3Dfx 02-13-2013 08:06 AM

I picked up the x31s at Microcenter for $40 to use between my 360 and PS3, they've been awesome, I just put a 3.5" audio jacker switcher that runs out from the wireless x31 receiver to both consoles, and it's great. The mic works on the 360 by default, but I have to buy another piece to get it to work on the PS3, which I haven't gotten around to.

Kleptophobe 02-13-2013 08:09 AM

Debating whether to return my Afterglow nightlite for this. Am reluctant about refurbs though... Need to look into the return policy & any sort of warranty offered

Edit: 90 day warranty

mturner788 02-13-2013 08:17 AM

Good deal, and this is a good price. Ordering as a back up.

Devedander 02-13-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Damn if I had seen this first I probably woulda got that one...

GodsWay7 02-13-2013 08:26 AM

I have the X11s right now. The wires don't bother me too much, I think I would actually prefer the volume/chat controls being on that little box down on the wire, instead of on the headset where I can't see them. The only thing I don't like is having to connect the headset to the controller for the chat to work. Do you still have to do that with the X41s/X42s?

hillean 02-13-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsWay7 (Post 57551666)
I have the X11s right now. The wires don't bother me too much, I think I would actually prefer the volume/chat controls being on that little box down on the wire, instead of on the headset where I can't see them. The only thing I don't like is having to connect the headset to the controller for the chat to work. Do you still have to do that with the X41s/X42s?

You will always need to do that, to be able to distinguish players from each other from when you play with more than 1 on a console.

Anytime you use a headset on the 360, you must plug it directly into the controller.

GodsWay7 02-13-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillean (Post 57551788)
You will always need to do that, to be able to distinguish players from each other from when you play with more than 1 on a console.

Anytime you use a headset on the 360, you must plug it directly into the controller.

Well that sucks, I wish there was some way around it. So there's a port in the headphones themselves to plus into, correct? Just making sure the cable doesn't run to the receiver or something.

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 08:57 AM

I love and heat these cans. DEFINITELY worth it @ $55!! I paid $85 on woot about a year ago. The problem for me is it cracks and pops often... really aggravates me. That's the only gripe (though a big one). I'd say 3.5/5.

*EDIT*
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMeef (Post 57550724)
I wouldn't get these. I had a pair and the popping sound when the audio cuts out is pretty unbearable. They sounded great when they worked, but there were too many instances of the audio cutting out and the popping bursting your eardrums to make them worth holding onto. I sold mine on CL and bought a set of XP500s.

That said, the talkback feature and optical in+out on these gives them an advantage over similar headphones from other brands. I love not sounding like I'm underwater.

Hmmmm... X42s or XP500s... I need to change it up. The cracking/popping is truly annoying. I'm willing to give up on these X41s (although again not bad @ $55 here)

bigbiggallons 02-13-2013 09:29 AM

great for gamers, not for audiophiles. I own these and my only complaint is the slight static hiss that is always there.

Also, be aware there is still a wire connecting the headset to the controller, so the 'wireless' is only eliminating one wire in the normal chain.

tseongsun 02-13-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

if you want something for a similar price, check out the Plantronics GameCom 780. Basically the exact same price but made specifically for the PC.

lovestotravel 02-13-2013 09:31 AM

Great deal. Just what I was looking for!

LiquidSmoke420 02-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Definitely do not. Too much of a hassle. I own 3 pairs of these [newegg.com], and they are great and very affordable.

DontTaxBeer 02-13-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

thats the whole idea of having a really good pc build vs. junk made by dell/hp/lenovo/etc. The good ones will have all these connections by default.

i always look at review sites of the product if newegg cannot provide sufficient pics of all sides.
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/scre...Force-X41/

the fact that it gives you a complete digital stream via toslink is amazing. i dont think any other set of wireless cans does that.

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 09:56 AM

I'm upgrading from the X41... should I go with the X42 or the XP500s?

k9homan 02-13-2013 11:09 AM

They were ok when they were working. The fine people at Turtle Beach accepted my warranty claim. Some lucky soul will probably received my broken repaired pair. They were only 3 months old and broke all of a sudden.

xxfatmanxx 02-13-2013 11:18 AM

place is a sham!!!

Ordered these from there when they were 59 bucks and never received them! they took my money! But, when contacted the company, had no record of my order number or name. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS!!! Save your time and money.

MurC 02-13-2013 11:42 AM

I use these for pc. Either buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable from eBay or amazon or just a small connector from Radio shack. I went the connector route and plug in the mic into the front of my case and SPIDF for sound. No way to get the mic wireless from the receiver

jpk1080 02-13-2013 11:46 AM

so the mic will not work unless plugged in if using for pc?

bdams19 02-13-2013 12:10 PM

Great! Bought 1 for my xbox 360. Thanks!

bdams19 02-13-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxfatmanxx (Post 57556362)
Ordered these from there when they were 59 bucks and never received them! they took my money! But, when contacted the company, had no record of my order number or name. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS!!! Save your time and money.

Hmm I will keep an eye on that, but if you go under My Account it already shows an order number for me.

pauladams11 02-13-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

... Enjoy having echo and static from the chat cable within 6 months and spending $25 on a new cable every 6 months.

Yes, there's a bit of occasional static, the batteries wear out unpredictably, etc., but I think there are workarounds. I bought the X41 set new for twice this (a year or so ago?), and was happy with the purchase. $55 seems like a good price.

As for the cable, I lost mine, and will not pay $25 for a new one. If you don't mind not having the volume/mute capability, you can pick up a standard 2.5mm stereo audio cable for under $5 shipped (from ebay, Amazon, etc.). Anyone find one with an inline volume control, please share. Seems like the only generic option for those is to buy a 3.5mm version and add a couple adapters.

noeddy 02-13-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0dM@n (Post 57554008)
I'm upgrading from the X41... should I go with the X42 or the XP500s?

astro a40

pauladams11 02-13-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpk1080 (Post 57557162)
so the mic will not work unless plugged in if using for pc?

I don't know for certain, but my hunch is the answer is "yes". On the Xbox, you have to connect a 2.5mm cable from the headphones to a 2.5mm mic/headset jack on the handheld game-controller in order to use the mic. For PC use, that probably makes this much less of a "wireless" solution (if you need the mic).

EDIT: Looks like someone else already answered this: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=57557068&postcount=68

sagirisk 02-13-2013 12:40 PM

Sweet deal, just what I was looking for. Thanks OP.

Tonggi 02-13-2013 01:36 PM

I have 2 Turtle beaches, one wired and one wireless. (x11 and X31) is this a big step up?

DigitalNRG 02-13-2013 01:38 PM

sold out? can't seem to order it

tonydt1g3r 02-13-2013 01:42 PM

The wired mic is a deal killer for me to use with my PC, I really wanted a cheap 7.1 headset too. Going to have to try and cancel my order.

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57558086)
astro a40

Damn... it's pricy. Is that what you use? What are the benefits over the Turtle Beach XP500?

mo.karney 02-13-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurais (Post 57545270)
Does this work with PS3?

yes.

Quote:

They are perfectly fine. I have these hooked up to my Optical Out on my gaming rig and run my Xbox into my computer. I can use them to listen to audio from the xbox or pc and its rather nice and very comfy.

Quote:

If you have a decent PC than they have optic out. My dad's $400 Dell PC has it so you might have a terrible computer or an old computer....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 57546686)

There is ZERO lag, but there was static when I had my wifi dongle sitting next to it. I moved my dongle about 3 feet away and its crisp. I prefer these over x12s but each to his own.

Quote:

Lol. Tangos? Really? You must be an illiterate clown to not read the manual. Mine too had that static out of the box and it says on the 2nd page of the manual to calibrate your headphones prior to use! I did and it was gone. The chat cable is not $25 you nitwit and mine have been going strong for over a year now. It doesn't matter what headset you have, batteries are bound to die.... I have rechargeable Enloop AAAs that last me 12-15 hours. I have a set of 4 so I can charge ones I don't use and always have a set. The headset beeps when it is low on battery so you have time to finish your game and replace them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMeef (Post 57550724)

Again, you did not calibrate them like the person above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbiggallons (Post 57553322)
great for gamers, not for audiophiles. I own these and my only complaint is the slight static hiss that is always there.

Also, be aware there is still a wire connecting the headset to the controller, so the 'wireless' is only eliminating one wire in the normal chain.

Yes, these are not truely wireless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxfatmanxx (Post 57556362)

You are an idiot. Ever heard of chargeback?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonggi (Post 57560010)
I have 2 Turtle beaches, one wired and one wireless. (x11 and X31) is this a big step up?

Its a step up from the x11 but not so much from the x31.

noeddy 02-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0dM@n (Post 57560358)
Damn... it's pricy. Is that what you use? What are the benefits over the Turtle Beach XP500?

the xp500 is wireless but it interferes with your router or any signal in the house thats why i wouldnt recommended for you....

you will hear the headset pop like crazy every now and then

if you want turtle beach get the turtle beach tangos those are dual band which wont interfere with your router

if you want the best go with the a40

astro > anything

i use to game with most of the headsets you see in the market today for over 12 hours straight LOL, astros have the better build + sound quality

Latvik 02-13-2013 02:31 PM

hmm i wonder if these are better than my Logitech H800 I bought for $29.99

Though the absurd microphones the Turtle Beach headsets use make them a little ridiculous looking to wear in public to listen to music

SlowGT 02-13-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

This is spot on. The chat cable on my set went out after 2 years and the batteries die without any audible warning. I ordered another chat cable from turtle beach for $5.99 because the game sound has always been fantastic with these.

I tried upgrading to the x42's recently and returned them within the week. The only improvement that I liked was the fact that it was dual band frequency. No more popping when you're downloading. Other than that, the sound quality went way down and they just felt a lot cheaper.

mclebron23 02-13-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57560950)
the xp500 is wireless but it interferes with your router or any signal in the house thats why i wouldnt recommended for you....

if you want turtle beach get the turtle beach tangos those are dual band which wont interfere with your router

astro > anything

i use to game with most of the headsets you see in the market today for over 12 hours straight LOL, astros have the better build + sound quality

You're an idiot. A40s are garbage. I've used a ton of headphones and headsets. If you want the best for gaming, you really can't get better than the Audio Technica AD700s, especially for the price. They destroy the A40s. You can get a built in mic mod from a guy Tommyboy who mods headphones and builds mics into the ear cup. There are a ton of other headphones that are better than the A40s that I can name. As for headsets go, I can recommend the Razer Carcharias,or Turtle Beach HPX. The HPX is Turtle Beaches best headset sound wise, but the comfort isn't the best, plus they're discontinued. You could also get the Razer Orca which I also highly recommend, and mod a mic on those. Other good gaming headphones are Sennheiser HD555/595/558/598.

PS...Build quality on A40 is bad. I had the screw come loose on mine which caused the whole left ear cup to dangle. Only thing I recommend from Astro is the Mix Amp, which is great.

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57560950)

astro > anything

Damn!!
You have me tempted.

I have two APs set up at my house. One runs 2.4 N-only and the other runs dual 2.4 and 5.0 N-only. I don't like "mixed" setups because I think it causes drops. I haven't had a single drop in my WiFi devices in the 6 or so months that it's been set up this way.

I wonder if I should pull 2.4ghz altogether, but I do have a Panasonic telephone system that I'm guessing uses 2.4ghz anyway...

I miss the 1.9ghz phones...

Hxx 02-13-2013 05:28 PM

goddammit so these can't be used for PC wirelessly? I have a set of Senns HD290s and I was trying to replace them with wireless headsets for cheap but it doesn't look like these would fit the bill.

If the wireless mic doesn't work on PC then i gotta cancel my order :mad:

noeddy 02-13-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0dM@n (Post 57564230)
Damn!!
You have me tempted.

I have two APs set up at my house. One runs 2.4 N-only and the other runs dual 2.4 and 5.0 N-only. I don't like "mixed" setups because I think it causes drops. I haven't had a single drop in my WiFi devices in the 6 or so months that it's been set up this way.

I wonder if I should pull 2.4ghz altogether, but I do have a Panasonic telephone system that I'm guessing uses 2.4ghz anyway...

I miss the 1.9ghz phones...

all in all they will all do the job (i had every single headset), i have a40 in my room and x31 in my living room and the only problem with single band (x31) is that every now and then you will hear nasty cracked out audio same I experienced with xp500, px5, x41 etc...

noeddy 02-13-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclebron23 (Post 57561336)
You're an idiot. A40s are garbage. I've used a ton of headphones and headsets. If you want the best for gaming, you really can't get better than the Audio Technica AD700s, especially for the price. They destroy the A40s. You can get a built in mic mod from a guy Tommyboy who mods headphones and builds mics into the ear cup. There are a ton of other headphones that are better than the A40s that I can name. As for headsets go, I can recommend the Razer Carcharias,or Turtle Beach HPX. The HPX is Turtle Beaches best headset sound wise, but the comfort isn't the best, plus they're discontinued. You could also get the Razer Orca which I also highly recommend, and mod a mic on those. Other good gaming headphones are Sennheiser HD555/595/558/598.

PS...Build quality on A40 is bad. I had the screw come loose on mine which caused the whole left ear cup to dangle. Only thing I recommend from Astro is the Mix Amp, which is great.

"the Audio Technica AD700s, especially for the price" HAHAHAHA peasant :lmao:

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57564498)
all in all they will all do the job (i had every single headset), i have a40 in my room and x31 in my living room and the only problem with single band (x31) is that every now and then you will hear nasty cracked out audio same I experienced with xp500, px5, x41 etc...

You stopped me from buying the $140 refurb XP500s from newegg. I'm tryin to justify the amount for the A40s, though. They are extremely pricey. I hope I can easily make my AD700s work with the 360 and the chat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57564564)

I have the AD700s. HANDS DOWN THE MOST COMFORTABLE CANS EVER!!!

Maybe I should look into converting that to work with the Xbox 360 and a separate mic. The only problem then would be that I'd have to buy a separate amp. Right now my X-Fi elite console powers the AD700s...

mclebron23 02-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeddy (Post 57564564)

Peasant? You're a geek. Don't know what you're trying to prove...

I've owned the A40s dumb ass. They're the biggest rip off headphones on the market besides beats. They are no where near worth $200. I own headphones worth 1/4th their price that dump all over them. Theres a reason I sold those piece of shit head phones a year ago.

PS..I own HD600s and Denon D7000s, and would still use the AD700s over both of them for gaming. The HD600s and D7000s don't give you any advantage over the AD700s for pure gaming. The Sound stage is ridiculous on them.

BTW, the HD600 was $400 and D7000 was $700. Whos the "peasant" again? Fag. :lmao:

mclebron23 02-13-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0dM@n (Post 57565586)
You stopped me from buying the $140 refurb XP500s from newegg. I'm tryin to justify the amount for the A40s, though. They are extremely pricey. I hope I can easily make my AD700s work with the 360 and the chat.

I have the AD700s. HANDS DOWN THE MOST COMFORTABLE CANS EVER!!!

Maybe I should look into converting that to work with the Xbox 360 and a separate mic. The only problem then would be that I'd have to buy a separate amp. Right now my X-Fi elite console powers the AD700s...

If you're interested in getting your AD700s mic modded, I recommend Tommyboy. He does high quality work. Heres the link to his work...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10...banner=pwa

My AD700s and Razer Orcas are under Rcrangers7.

Let me know if you're interested. I can give you his AIM.

DealSniper9 02-13-2013 07:27 PM

is this deal dead wont let me order

thcbeefcake 02-13-2013 07:37 PM

I ordered a set of these, have a pair already and they are great, especially at this price. I'd suggest getting some Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries, also I didn't have time to read the whole thread but Plasma tvs tend to cause interference with these, just a heads up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thcbeefcake (Post 57566474)
I ordered a set of these, have a pair already and they are great, especially at this price. I'd suggest getting some Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries, also I didn't have time to read the whole thread but Plasma tvs tend to cause interference with these, just a heads up.

I meant Eneloop AAA batteries

DealSniper9 02-13-2013 07:41 PM

got it must have been the automated fraud stopper chase has now such a bitch, used pay pal and got one

Superorb 02-13-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 57550056)
How do headphones provide 8 channels of sound?

Anyone?

OskarVilla1 02-13-2013 08:15 PM

Muchas gracias amigos!!:D

dagavest 02-13-2013 08:40 PM

I own these headphones and hate them. The interference that I get from my wifi renders them useless.

g0dM@n 02-13-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclebron23 (Post 57566138)
If you're interested in getting your AD700s mic modded, I recommend Tommyboy. He does high quality work. Heres the link to his work...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10...banner=pwa

My AD700s and Razer Orcas are under Rcrangers7.

Let me know if you're interested. I can give you his AIM.

Hook me up with his info!

I use my AD700s for PC gaming. Perhaps he can modify it for the 360 and PC, with a mic. I use a separate mic right now. :)

REPPED buddy!

StriderH1ryu 02-13-2013 09:08 PM

garbage product. I don't recommend anyone to buy the X31 or X42. It's impossible to for it not to have random annoying loud crackling sounds during use from any interference. it doesn't matter if you have a router, laptop, cellphone, AND tablet shut off. get the x32, x42, xp300, xp400, or xp500.

klrtovfr 02-13-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momsbasement (Post 57547740)
Awesome. Were they $55? Just sayin'.

Well depends how long you keep them. I spent 90 plus 50 on chat cables for 1 year of use and expect 50 for each additional year vs 200 for tangos final price with no hassels

lazlow117 02-13-2013 11:26 PM

In for one. Hope they sound ok,

klrtovfr 02-13-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57560580)

Lol. Tangos? Really? You must be an illiterate clown to not read the manual. Mine too had that static out of the box and it says on the 2nd page of the manual to calibrate your headphones prior to use! I did and it was gone. The chat cable is not $25 you nitwit and mine have been going strong for over a year now. It doesn't matter what headset you have, batteries are bound to die.... I have rechargeable Enloop AAAs that last me 12-15 hours. I have a set of 4 so I can charge ones I don't use and always have a set. The headset beeps when it is low on battery so you have time to finish your game and replace them.

I never mentioned anything about static. Although I did have crackeling in the begining it went away. What I was complaining about are the stupid chat cables that get wore out. When they wear out it causes static and crackeling from a poor connection and to other people it makes my voice echo. There is no calibration fix for poor quality expensive chat cables illiterate clown............

Also I did use eneloops and there was never any audible tone when batteries were low only the tango has a low battery warning.

mo.karney 02-14-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klrtovfr (Post 57569624)
I never mentioned anything about static. Although I did have crackeling in the begining it went away. What I was complaining about are the stupid chat cables that get wore out. When they wear out it causes static and crackeling from a poor connection and to other people it makes my voice echo. There is no calibration fix for poor quality expensive chat cables illiterate clown............

Also I did use eneloops and there was never any audible tone when batteries were low only the tango has a low battery warning.

Clearly you did not read the manual and good job copying my insult you nitwit. I am dumbfounded by what is spewing out of your mouth. A new chat cable is first of all, $6 from Turtle Beach not $25.... Secondly, there is no flaws in it if you are not an imbecile. The cable is strong and perfectly fine for everyday use.

xcalbr107 02-14-2013 06:29 AM

In 4 1 Thanks OP Repped

thegelatoking 02-14-2013 06:54 AM

Got one last night. FYI Looks like the deal is back up again for today.

klrtovfr 02-15-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 57571326)
Clearly you did not read the manual and good job copying my insult you nitwit. I am dumbfounded by what is spewing out of your mouth. A new chat cable is first of all, $6 from Turtle Beach not $25.... Secondly, there is no flaws in it if you are not an imbecile. The cable is strong and perfectly fine for everyday use.

First I am not the only one on here saying the cables are trash. Secondly send me the link to a genuine turtle beach chat cable with volume control for $6 SHIPPED. Those are facts No need for name calling.

aray0002 02-15-2013 02:09 AM

I'm a bit perplexed and brings me to question the following.

If 105 people before me found this to be a GREAT DEAL and ended up purchasing said product.

Wouldn't that mean 105 people are buying 105 Refurbished Head Sets ?

And Then wouldn't that bring to question : Why are 105 of these headsets in Refurbished condition in the first place?

Gambit16 02-15-2013 02:46 AM

Sorry, I usually don't threadcrap, but Turtle Beach headsets are trash. Everything about them are trash. Cable, sound quality, build quality, etc. I don't understand people who keep buying these garbage products.

softballjunnkie 02-15-2013 03:05 AM

Yup, I just bought a x32 for Christmas and the thing is already done. I'm sending mine back to Turtle Beach, so maybe one of you can pick it up on the refurbished shelf lol

I been hearing bad things about Turtle Beach.

momsbasement 02-15-2013 05:56 AM

I bought the X4 for $99 and the X12 for $25. Both have been awesome headsets without any issues, I'm not sure why people are crapping on TB so hard. In for these at $55...no brainer.

Inferring a product sucks because there are refurbs or open box units out there? Really?

Haters gonna hate.

CHeston 02-15-2013 09:12 AM

This is nowhere near the deal I got on my Sennheiser RS130s 3+ years ago for $70.

The turtle beach DSP is good but the DX11 wired headphones are unlistenable compared to my Sennheiser RS130's (which are analog wireless). Good thing I got the package from Woot just for the DSP to use with my Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's and my RS130's.

jg626 02-15-2013 03:50 PM

Ordered. Been waiting on a good deal on a wireless headset. Thanks!

Devedander 02-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aray0002 (Post 57594404)
I'm a bit perplexed and brings me to question the following.

If 105 people before me found this to be a GREAT DEAL and ended up purchasing said product.

Wouldn't that mean 105 people are buying 105 Refurbished Head Sets ?

And Then wouldn't that bring to question : Why are 105 of these headsets in Refurbished condition in the first place?

Well this model has been out for years and refurbs are not always broken units fixed, often they are returns for no reason other than the user didn't like them to a retailer who doesn't sell open box/used.

Sometimes refurbs are actaully overstock that can't technically be sold as new anymore for whatever technicallity.

ddyourself 02-17-2013 06:02 AM

can I use this for TV? My TV only has a headphone jack.

Devedander 02-26-2013 09:48 PM

Received mine today and they keep turning off after 10-20 min... I turn back on and same thing. Tried new batteries same problem :(

g725s 02-28-2013 06:58 PM

Chat works but not sound from the game. Maybe my son is hooking it up wrong, or we are missing a cable.

Devedander 03-02-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g725s (Post 57900592)
Chat works but not sound from the game. Maybe my son is hooking it up wrong, or we are missing a cable.

Did you try re syncing the headphones?

Devedander 03-21-2013 11:10 AM

Figured I would post a followup:

Finally got around to sending this back to the warranty company (note Turtlbe Beach do not warranty this, it's a third party) which happened to be a few hundred miles from me so turnaround was actually quite fast.

They sent a replacement set that seems to work great and actaully interferes with my wifi less than the previous set.

I'm pretty happy now - can't beat optical processing, headphone out, optical pass through and wireless surround for this price.

Sound quality is good and constant hiss is very tolerable one there is something going on. Watched a few movies and played some games and front surround is good, rear seperation is not as good but front to rear is always a hard one to sperate even with a true surround setup.

Popping and crackling is annoying but tolerable and seems to be very minor if I don't move my head too much which isn't much of a problem.