Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Gamer's Lounge (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Gears of War Judgement (http://slickdeals.net/f/5854990-gears-of-war-judgement)

Entropic01 02-13-2013 02:42 PM

Gears of War Judgement

So who all is planning on picking this game up?

I just pre-ordered it from the MS store since if you buy it there you get the Hammerburst + 1600 ($20) worth of MS points for free.

Hope some other SDers plan to pick it up too to play some Horde and the like.

Just FYI as well, initial run of the game comes with a free code to DL Gears 1. If you pre-order at Wal-mart, you also get your choice of Gears 2 or Gears 3 for free.

wikipost 02-13-2013 02:42 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

SD name ___xbox live___ vip?  
johny3 xrandallxflagg [xbox.com] yes 
BuckeyeWebguy BuckUUp Yes 
funkdoc YOUNIVERSAL Yes 

Blazey 02-14-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 57561320)

I just pre-ordered it from the MS store since if you buy it there you get the Hammerburst + 1600 ($20) worth of MS points for free.

Just FYI as well, initial run of the game comes with a free code to DL Gears 1. If you pre-order at Wal-mart, you also get your choice of Gears 2 or Gears 3 for free.

I have this pre-ordered @ Newegg for $47.99 and thinking of cancelling due to lack of interest in the last Gears. We played Gears 1 religiously with a group of friends. Then Gears 2 had a fair amount of online play, mostly in horde mode. Gears 3...none of our original group played :(

funkdoc 02-14-2013 06:35 AM

I'll def be picking it up, probably through the Wal-Mart pre-order so I can score Gears 3 again and get a little practice in before it comes out. Not quite as excited for this one as I was the others, but it seems like it'll be worth some play time.

Roland Deschain 02-14-2013 08:30 AM

for the first time ever I may not pick this up day 1. Still on the fence though.

dayv 02-14-2013 10:38 AM

i own but haven't played the third. probably won;t pick it up till i play the 3rd or see it for like 20 bucks. loved the first 2 though.

idkist 02-14-2013 11:01 AM

I'll probably redbox it for the campaign at some point. Bought the rest of them, but I found with GoW 3 I barely played the MP at all once I finished campaign so not worth it to buy for me...

Bareborn 02-14-2013 01:01 PM

I got Gears 3 but havent played it yet. Came with my xbox

SkeezaPleez 02-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 57570980)
I have this pre-ordered @ Newegg for $47.99 and thinking of cancelling due to lack of interest in the last Gears. We played Gears 1 religiously with a group of friends. Then Gears 2 had a fair amount of online play, mostly in horde mode. Gears 3...none of our original group played :(

Horde?

I had no idea there was an interest there. Might have to rethink my non-purchase of this now.

Entropic01 02-14-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 57582090)
Horde?

I had no idea there was an interest there. Might have to rethink my non-purchase of this now.

Do it! I think I played horde with you in gears 3 too

Nikzilla90 02-14-2013 02:32 PM

Baird is unlikeable, why they decided a campaign around him is beyond me.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-13-2013 08:20 AM

I'll be pre-ordering this Friday...probably from the NewEgg deal for $40 since I have ShopRunner and can get it quicker for free. I dig Baird and Cole from the previous games, so campaign-wise it's a viable prequel I guess. The new Survial mode is supposed to be Horde on steroids apparently...cramming 40 Horde levels into 10 intense ones for this game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 57561320)

Hit me up on this one sometime. I'm always up for multiplayer or Horde.

Blazey 03-13-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 57582090)
Horde?

Ended up purchasing the MS deal with 1600 pts. Then cancelled. I have never been so wishy-washy over a game.

The Walking Dead Survival instinct comes out next week too. I hope I didn't make a mistake preordering that instead.

SkeezaPleez 03-13-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58190564)
I hope I didn't make a mistake preordering that instead.

I think you did.

You should preorder Defiance instead.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-13-2013 08:48 AM

Anyone checking out Bioshock Infinite?

SkeezaPleez 03-13-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58190866)
Anyone checking out Bioshock Infinite?

I have it preordered via the MS deal with 1600 points right now but I may cancel and wait for a post release deal.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58190942)
I have it preordered via the MS deal with 1600 points right now but I may cancel and wait for a post release deal.

I think Bioshock, Gears and Far Cry 3 may be my big spring games.

XReflection 03-13-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58191072)
I think Bioshock, Gears and Far Cry 3 may be my big spring games.

Far Cry 3 is absolutely worth the buy right now.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XReflection (Post 58195050)
Far Cry 3 is absolutely worth the buy right now.

I actually picked it up already from GameStop using a gift card I had...so I got the game for only $20! Just haven't touched it yet because of our Black Ops 2 tourney that was still going on. We finished last night, so I'm looking forward to diving into it this week.

johny3 03-13-2013 06:23 PM

after cancelling and reordering twice on amazon and then cancelling again, and then sitting on the fence about newegg...I preordered at ms store today for the free 1600 points. I figure I will need something to take me away from blops 2 and halo and crysis are not doing it for me anymore. i figure i will get $65 playing time out of it. I did with both crysis and halo even though I have not played them much of late. crysis campaign was easy but fun.

ps
game will arrive while at work so will not be playing until day 2 :( and probably not until late since the wife has off that day

BuckeyeWebguy 03-14-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58203834)
after cancelling and reordering twice on amazon and then cancelling again, and then sitting on the fence about newegg...I preordered at ms store today for the free 1600 points. I figure I will need something to take me away from blops 2 and halo and crysis are not doing it for me anymore. i figure i will get $65 playing time out of it. I did with both crysis and halo even though I have not played them much of late. crysis campaign was easy but fun.

ps
game will arrive while at work so will not be playing until day 2 :( and probably not until late since the wife has off that day

I was just going to ask how you liked Crysis? You're talking about 3 right? I was actually an Alpha and Beta tester on Crysis 2 which was cool. How was the bow for a weapon? I may have to add that to my already too-big backlog as well.

funkdoc 03-14-2013 06:20 AM

Since I only play 1 game at a time, I'm actually returning BO2 at BBY for $17 credit, and I believe they're doing the 100% promo credit, so I should have $34 to put towards it and only have to drop $26 on the game. I'm a bit nervous about this one with all of the changes, but I guess we'll see.

Roland Deschain 03-14-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58212244)
Since I only play 1 game at a time, I'm actually returning BO2 at BBY for $17 credit, and I believe they're doing the 100% promo credit, so I should have $34 to put towards it and only have to drop $26 on the game. I'm a bit nervous about this one with all of the changes, but I guess we'll see.

do i need to be a reward zone member or anything to get that extra 100%? Sellng BO2 for $34 seems like a sweet deal.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-14-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58212244)

I hear ya on the changes. But I'm a diehard Gears fan, so I'm going to take the leap of faith and see how it turns out. Hoping they don't disappoint their fans. Unlike a lot of other people I heard spout out about it, I actually enjoyed Halo Reach and thought Halo 4 was the best campaign probably since the 1st game!

funkdoc 03-14-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58212290)
do i need to be a reward zone member or anything to get that extra 100%? Sellng BO2 for $34 seems like a sweet deal.

I don't believe so, it says it as a current promotion on this [bestbuy.com] page. Pretty sure it's an ongoing thing to get more people to trade through them. I'm doing it today on my lunch break, so I'll let ya know if it's the full $34.

johny3 03-14-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58211666)
I was just going to ask how you liked Crysis? You're talking about 3 right? I was actually an Alpha and Beta tester on Crysis 2 which was cool. How was the bow for a weapon? I may have to add that to my already too-big backlog as well.

I actually liked the campaign a lot. great story, fun game with different things needed to be done thru different means. Playing the campaign made me a ton better at multiplayer. what keeps me from multiplayer is the lag. I had thoughts of returning the game after I beat the game and telling amazon it was defective because with a 50/25 connection I got lag on MP. Bad lag. There is no regional gaming so you play with people from all over the world = laggy. It may have changed.
I think it was worth the $59 - $20 amazon promo credit I got. No question. The best part of the game is stalking with the bow in campaign.

Metric 03-14-2013 06:44 AM

I have gow3 but haven't played it. If you guys are gonna be online and will hang with a noob I'll buy the new one.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-14-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58212670)
I actually liked the campaign a lot. great story, fun game with different things needed to be done thru different means. Playing the campaign made me a ton better at multiplayer. what keeps me from multiplayer is the lag. I had thoughts of returning the game after I beat the game and telling amazon it was defective because with a 50/25 connection I got lag on MP. Bad lag.
I think it was worth the $59 - $20 amazon promo credit I got. No question. The best part of the game is stalking with the bow in campaign.

Good to know. I'll definitely keep an eye out for a deal on it then so I can add it to my mix.

I totally agree with you that lag has ALWAYS been an issue in their multiplayer games...probably worse overall on Crysis 2 than I have ever experienced on any regular basis with COD, Halo, GOW, or Battlefield. That's a HUGE deterent when it comes to the shelf-life of their games I think.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-14-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58212706)
I have gow3 but haven't played it. If you guys are gonna be online and will hang with a noob I'll buy the new one.

Metric - I actually wouldn't mind going back and doing MORE GOW3. If you're ever on playing that or get the new one hit me up.

SkeezaPleez 03-14-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58212670)
I had thoughts of returning the game after I beat the game and telling amazon it was defective because with a 50/25 connection I got lag on MP. Bad lag.

So you played through the entire campaign and then had thoughts of returning it to Amazon? Shady at best.

And people wonder why Amazon is starting to crack down on returns and stuff.

johny3 03-14-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58213326)
So you played through the entire campaign and then had thoughts of returning it to Amazon? Shady at best.

And people wonder why Amazon is starting to crack down on returns and stuff.

well, I thoughts but I did not do it b/c I played out the campaign :) The desire was an expression of my frustrations over MP. Your thoughts are why I did not do it.

SkeezaPleez 03-14-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58213758)
well, I thoughts but I did not do it b/c I played out the campaign :) The desire was an expression of my frustrations over MP. Your thoughts are why I did not do it.

Good plan.

Metric 03-14-2013 08:20 AM

You are forever and once again our moral compass skeeza :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58212820)
Metric - I actually wouldn't mind going back and doing MORE GOW3. If you're ever on playing that or get the new one hit me up.

Let me know and I'll break it out

SkeezaPleez 03-14-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58214868)
You are forever and once again our moral compass skeeza :)

:highfive:

DiarrheaRobusto 03-14-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58213758)

Poetic

Entropic01 03-14-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58212430)
I don't believe so, it says it as a current promotion on this [bestbuy.com] page. Pretty sure it's an ongoing thing to get more people to trade through them. I'm doing it today on my lunch break, so I'll let ya know if it's the full $34.

Did you get the $34? If So I'm trading mine in too

johny3 03-14-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiarrheaRobusto (Post 58217530)
Poetic

booh u missed that it was on porpoise?

funkdoc 03-14-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 58221654)
Did you get the $34? If So I'm trading mine in too

Yep, the girl said it's 100% TIV for all games this week, and she said it's usually around 50% TIV, so the value was $17.00 and I got $34.00 on my receipt, put it all towards Gears. Decent trade value, especially considering what this game goes for on CL and eBay right now.

Roland Deschain 03-14-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58222922)
Yep, the girl said it's 100% TIV for all games this week, and she said it's usually around 50% TIV, so the value was $17.00 and I got $34.00 on my receipt, put it all towards Gears. Decent trade value, especially considering what this game goes for on CL and eBay right now.

sweet....now do I get Gears or do I get God of War?!?!?

Leaning towards Gears now as God of War will likely drop faster in price...I think

EDIT:

Where do I trade in games at BB? At the register?

DiarrheaRobusto 03-14-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58222174)
booh u missed that it was on porpoise?

That was a metaphor for sea mammals?

Entropic01 03-14-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58223452)

Leaning towards Gears now as God of War will likely drop faster in price...I think

EDIT:

Gears! GoW will drop and you can always wait on SP

-Kratos- 03-14-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 58225030)

God of War ascension has multiplayer too and it looks like leveling up is actually benefits your character so waiting a month or two might screw you over or make it a pain to ever do decent. I have only played a handful of matches though.

johny3 03-14-2013 04:42 PM

just noticed that the season pass also gives you permanent double xp.
crazy

funkdoc 03-14-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

The one I went to had a Video Games register separately, but some I think you would do at customer service if they don't have a specific one.

And I vote Gears! I'm gonna need at least 3 people to run through the campaign on Insane with!

Entropic01 03-14-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58226708)
The one I went to had a Video Games register separately, but some I think you would do at customer service if they don't have a specific one.

And I vote Gears! I'm gonna need at least 3 people to run through the campaign on Insane with!

I'm down. I love Gears on hard settings

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KRATOS- (Post 58225310)
God of War ascension has multiplayer too and it looks like leveling up is actually benefits your character so waiting a month or two might screw you over or make it a pain to ever do decent. I have only played a handful of matches though.

Everything I've read about the MP is less than flattering in God of War

funkdoc 03-14-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 58226796)
I'm down. I love Gears on hard settings

Nice, Insane on Gears 3 was fairly easy until the very last boss, had me raging like crazy. This is the only game I play campaign on, always a good time!

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 58225030)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KRATOS- (Post 58225310)

Traded in 5 games for $68 last night. Because there is a 5 game trade in limit per day I'm going back todaywith 10 more games and a coworker.

Based on the values I looked up on best buy online I should get ALMOST enough to cover BOTH gears and god of war! :woot:

So I'll pick up God of War tonight and will have my preorder of Gears of War paid in full for next week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58226940)
Nice,

Thanks for the heads up on the TIV funk!

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

EDIT:

GEARS...so you can team up with your SD's buddies! hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58226708)

My hand is raised!! :wave:

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 06:36 AM

Okay so Newegg has Gears for $40 pre-order (I have Shoprunner so it'll ship free)...then there was the deal to buy it and get 1600 MS points. Does anyone know of any other deals on it right now? Payday was today...so I'm ready to throw down but want to get the best bang for my bucks.

danforth 03-15-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58236492)
Okay so Newegg has Gears for $40 pre-order (I have Shoprunner so it'll ship free)...then there was the deal to buy it and get 1600 MS points. Does anyone know of any other deals on it right now? Payday was today...so I'm ready to throw down but want to get the best bang for my bucks.

BB Gamers Club Unlocked has a promo in which you'll receive a $20 reward certificate if you pre-order it. I'd rather have the $20 off immediately (and not in reward certificates) like the Newegg deal, but with BB you get DLC & you can pick it up day 1 instead of having to wait out the shipping process.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danforth (Post 58236892)
BB Gamers Club Unlocked has a promo in which you'll receive a $20 reward certificate if you pre-order it. I'd rather have the $20 off immediately (and not in reward certificates) like the Newegg deal, but with BB you get DLC & you can pick it up day 1 instead of having to wait out the shipping process.

I'm not a member of BB gamers club though. Doesn't it cost 15-20 bucks to join? That would defeat the reward. Newegg is an immediately discount code to make the actual purchase price $40.

I hear the BB club is worth it though. I'd just rather buy in when I'm not purchasing a game so I'm not losing the deal. Appreciate the idea.

Metric 03-15-2013 07:24 AM

I'm an unlocked member, i just preordered it, hopefully you guys play it so i don't have another shrink wrapped game devaluing on my shelf.

Blazey 03-15-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58203834)
after cancelling and reordering twice on amazon and then cancelling again, and then sitting on the fence about newegg...I preordered at ms store today for the free 1600 points.

Sounds like me.
1) Cancelled my $47.99 preorder with Newegg
2) Ordered from MS Store $59.99 with 1600 pts free (and original hammerburst)
3) Cancelled from MS Store
4) Tried ordering from Newegg for $40 but the coupon code expired
5) replaced order with MS Store

:lol:

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 07:41 AM

I cancelled my Defiance preorder and decided to preorder this. I want to see what the beta looks like for Defiance before I take th plunge on that.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58237746)
Sounds like me.

NOOOOO!!! Dang..waited a day too long! Well I do have $35 in amazon credit that I was hoping NOT to use, but might have to use it and drag the price down to $25 now. Still not bad.

Blazey 03-15-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58238126)
NOOOOO!!! Dang..waited a day too long! Well I do have $35 in amazon credit that I was hoping NOT to use, but might have to use it and drag the price down to $25 now. Still not bad.

Amazon's preorder comes with a Gears 1 DLC code. Could always pawn it off if you already have it. Gears 1 is a great game and my favorite out of the series.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58238532)
Amazon's preorder comes with a Gears 1 DLC code. Could always pawn it off if you already have it. Gears 1 is a great game and my favorite out of the series.

True true. I actually keep the disks for the games that are my favorite series. So I actually have all the Gears, Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield games. Wonder what someone would pay for a Gears 1 code?

I'll probably buy the Season Pass as well to get all the DLC I would normally get anyway, plus the permanent Double XP. That's pretty sweet!

Blazey 03-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58238566)
True true. I actually keep the disks for the games that are my favorite series. So I actually have all the Gears, Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield games. Wonder what someone would pay for a Gears 1 code?

I'll probably buy the Season Pass as well to get all the DLC I would normally get anyway, plus the permanent Double XP. That's pretty sweet!

I am thinking the same thing with the Double XP. I will just put the free 1600 pts from the MS preorder towards it.

I'd say, $5-10 bucks, right?

johny3 03-15-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58237746)
Sounds like me.

I am also tempted now to pick up at BB or gamestop monday night so I have the game at work. decisions decisions.

johny3 03-15-2013 08:50 AM

gamestop preorder. pretty cool!
Bonus!

More details
PowerUp Rewards Exclusive Pre-order Bonus: Early Access to OverRun Multiplayer Mode!
Starting Friday March 15 11:59 PM PT and running through Monday March 18 11:59 PM PT, you'll have the chance to play the all-new class-based multiplayer mode that pits COG and Locust teams in a head-to-head battle unlike anything you've experienced yet with Gears of War. And not only will you get early access to this mode, you can begin accruing experience that will carry over to your profile if you purchase and play Gears of War: Judgment in the first week following its US release.

*PowerUp Rewards members who pre-order Gears of War: Judgment will receive full redemption instructions closer to launch.

DiarrheaRobusto 03-15-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58238532)

Supposedly all first run copies include a code to download Gears 1 however Amazon seems to be the only one advertising it

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 11:29 AM

I just put in my preorder at Best Buy. Took advantage of the extra 100% TIV's (thanks funkdoc) and had enough to cover both god of war and gears! :woot:

So Buck, weren't you saying you were going to run the Gears tourney?

:hide:

Blazey 03-15-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58243184)

Oh nice, thanks Buck.

I nominate Roland and Skeeza for team captains.

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58243692)
Oh nice, thanks Buck.

I nominate Roland and Skeeza for team captains.

lol thank you but I want as little responsibility as possible!

Blazey 03-15-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58243714)
lol thank you but I want as little responsibility as possible!

Fair enough; I nominate Buck and Skeeza as team captains then.

Metric 03-15-2013 11:50 AM

Thanks for setting up the tournament buck!

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58243184)
I just put in my preorder at Best Buy. Took advantage of the extra 100% TIV's (thanks funkdoc) and had enough to cover both god of war and gears! :woot:

You r@t b@$t@rd!!! You know I'm sick enough to do it! LOL

Might feel better if I just beat my head against a brick wall.

:stress:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58243764)
Thanks for setting up the tournament buck!

Since when is the SD's Gamers Lounge a democracy? I think I just got bamboozled!

Does Gears even have something like a k/d that we could use as a starting place for forming up teams?

idkist 03-15-2013 12:10 PM

What's this 100% trade in value everyone is talking about?

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58244176)
You r@t b@$t@rd!!! You know I'm sick enough to do it! LOL

Might feel better if I just beat my head against a brick wall.

:stress:

Since when is the SD's Gamers Lounge a democracy? I think I just got bamboozled!

Does Gears even have something like a k/d that we could use as a starting place for forming up teams?

:lmao:

I'll tell you right now I suck at Gears MP so put me on a funkdoc's team. :lol: You could always just say, "no" ya know. haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkMyBFFist (Post 58244242)
What's this 100% trade in value everyone is talking about?

current trade in promotion at Best Buy is whatever the trade in value you're quoted, they'll double it.

Blops 2 trade in value is currently $17. So if you trade that in now you'll get $34 for it.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58245862)

I'll tell you right now I suck at Gears MP so put me on a funkdoc's team. :lol:

current trade in promotion at Best Buy is whatever the trade in value you're quoted, they'll double it.

Blops 2 trade in value is currently $17. So if you trade that in now you'll get $34 for it.

I can kick some butt at Horde...but Gears multiplayer I'm either dead on...or I totally suck. Probably not much difrerent than COD & BLOPS now that I think about it! LOL

That is one game I love sniping on. Probably just because you actually get to see their heads explode! Oh...and put a torque bow in my hands and I can do some decent damage.

I'll tell you what...if we can get enough people...I probably wouldn't mind hosting this. Gotta get some decent gameplay in first and learn the new "ins and outs" of Judgement. This is actually a game where 3-player teams would work just fine.

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58245960)
This is actually a game where 3-player teams would work just fine.

I never liked Gears MP but Wingman would be funny as hell with a bunch of SDers.

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58246304)
I never liked Gears MP but Wingman would be funny as hell with a bunch of SDers.

what is this Wingman you speak of?

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58246342)
what is this Wingman you speak of?

Gears MP mode right?

(4) 2 person teams all against each other

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58246372)
Gears MP mode right?

I haven't played Gears MP since...I think Gears 2 if that. I waas never really a fan of Gears MP either...just didnt enjoy the style of play. Which is why me trying to hustle Buck into doing a Gears tourney is doubly ironic.

but what is the objective of Wingman?

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58246470)
I haven't played Gears MP since...I think Gears 2 if that. I waas never really a fan of Gears MP either...just didnt enjoy the style of play. Which is why me trying to hustle Buck into doing a Gears tourney is doubly ironic.

but what is the objective of Wingman?

See my edit above.

There are a bunch of fun modes that I wouldn't mind playing against SDers. I just hated getting on public matches and that's all the dudes play so they beast on you constantly.

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58246506)
See my edit above.

There are a bunch of fun modes that I wouldn't mind playing against SDers. I just hated getting on public matches and that's all the dudes play so they beast on you constantly.

icic..interesting.

Metric 03-15-2013 01:56 PM

Im just glad buck is setting up the tournament!

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 02:00 PM

They have a brand new Domination mode in Judgement as well that looks fun. And they changed up the maps to be more vertical as well...so not just straight on fighting...can come from above or below too. Maybe that will even out the guys who are beast with the shotguns.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58246884)
Im just glad buck is setting up the tournament!

OMg...this is like that scene in the movie Twister.

"Welcome back Bill!"

"I'm not back."

"Hey Bill you're back!"

"I'm NOT back!!"

lol

Roland Deschain 03-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58247056)
They have a brand new Domination mode in Judgement as well that looks fun. And they changed up the maps to be more vertical as well...so not just straight on fighting...can come from above or below too. Maybe that will even out the guys who are beast with the shotguns.

I remember back when I got the first gears Ithought MP was going to be very strategic due to the cover system.

But the more I played MP the more I saw guys literally circling each other with shotty's. I freakin hated that.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-15-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58247364)
I remember back when I got the first gears Ithought MP was going to be very strategic due to the cover system.

But the more I played MP the more I saw guys literally circling each other with shotty's. I freakin hated that.

Yeah I came to freakin' hate that Gnasher shotgun. We could always ban it from the tournament. You know....the one Buck...I mean Bill...is setting up. lol

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58247364)

Samesies.

Entropic01 03-15-2013 02:38 PM

My current preorder is $40 from newegg but wondering if theres a better way to get it so I can play on release day. No clue how slow newegg will be w/ the shipping

SkeezaPleez 03-15-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropic01 (Post 58247840)
My current preorder is $40 from newegg but wondering if theres a better way to get it so I can play on release day. No clue how slow newegg will be w/ the shipping

I generally get my stuff within a couple days after I order it from Newegg, even if I go for free shipping. I've never ordered a new highly anticipated game from there though, so it could be a different story.

Blazey 03-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

I've pre-ordered a few games from Newegg and got it either the day after release day or 2 days after. Their shipping is fast and usually shipped prior to actual release day.

If you really wanted to play on release day, you could buy another copy at a local store and just return the sealed copy you get from Newegg.

Entropic01 03-16-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58247874)
I generally get my stuff within a couple days after I order it from Newegg, even if I go for free shipping. I've never ordered a new highly anticipated game from there though, so it could be a different story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58261124)
I've pre-ordered a few games from Newegg and got it either the day after release day or 2 days after. Their shipping is fast and usually shipped prior to actual release day.

If you really wanted to play on release day, you could buy another copy at a local store and just return the sealed copy you get from Newegg.

Hmm good to know for the future but I just went w/ Best Buy with its $20 in pre-order credit and used my $35.70 from trading in BlOps2

johny3 03-16-2013 07:11 PM

newegg had release day delivery with their preorders this time if you ordered by a certain date.

also

http://slickdeals.net/f/5911702-Free-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Tai-Multiplayer-Character-Code-on-specialy-marked-bags-of-Oberto-Beef-Jerky

i would be game for a tourney.

Blazey 03-18-2013 05:30 AM

Are you guys getting the VIP Pass?

I saw on XBLA the VIP bonus for double XP is only for the special VIP playlist.

johny3 03-18-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58289150)

i probably will. i have a tendency of buying the season pass but not playing the game for a long time except for COD. I still get my money's worth IMHO. Was unaware that it was just the VIP playlist

also, of note, no where near me is doing midnight release. I was planning on picking up at gamestop tonight since I work tomorrow and could play at work. Looks like I will get the game in the console wednesday morning for a short time.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-18-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58289150)

Gears of one of my fave series...so I'll be getting the Season Pass for sure.

neilp4453 03-18-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Same but from Microsoft store. I actually got shipping confirmation over the weekend. Hoping it arrives tmrw! You would think they would guarantee delivery on release if you order through Microsoft.

IlluminatusCU 03-18-2013 11:08 AM

I played the hell out of the Gears series, it was probably my favorite franchise this generation. For some reason though, Judgment really just didn't catch me. I'll wait to see how it looks first, because the dedicated servers debacle really pissed me off.

krayzie 03-18-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilp4453 (Post 58294022)
Same but from Microsoft store. I actually got shipping confirmation over the weekend. Hoping it arrives tmrw! You would think they would guarantee delivery on release if you order through Microsoft.

You must of missed it but the Microsoft store actually said they guaranteed delivery date arrival a few days ago.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-18-2013 11:23 AM

Okay...I just pre-ordered it on Amazon.com with the next best shipping (since my free Amazon Prime expired), so hopefully I'll be revvin' up my chainsaw later this week with you guys.

Blazey 03-18-2013 11:30 AM

I foresee car problems tomorrow morning and may have to "work" from home. :D

BuckeyeWebguy 03-18-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58296948)
I foresee car problems tomorrow morning and may have to "work" from home. :D

Yeah I...cough cough...feel a little tickle in my throat that...sniff sniff...could get a lot worse in about 3-5 business days. lol

johny3 03-18-2013 11:47 AM

I will not be on until Wednesday. I will be on all day thursday though as I will be home alone :)

there is a ton of free DLC out there if people are interested.

SkeezaPleez 03-18-2013 02:22 PM

So wait, there's no "horde" mode? I just read a review and have to admit, I'm a little skeptical about my preorder now. :sadwalk:

BuckeyeWebguy 03-18-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58301836)
So wait, there's no "horde" mode? I just read a review and have to admit, I'm a little skeptical about my preorder now. :sadwalk:

Skeez - They took Horde and split it up into two different modes basically:

Survival - Take the old 40 levels of Horde and crams it into 10 even more insanely hyped up levels.

Overrun - Basically Horde/Survival, but you get to play the Locust instead.

I watched some videos this weekend for Survival mode and it actually did look pretty awesome.

Nikzilla90 03-18-2013 02:27 PM

This just sounds like a "straight to DVD" game.

SkeezaPleez 03-18-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58301908)
Skeez - They took Horde and split it up into two different modes basically:

Survival - Take the old 40 levels of Horde and crams it into 10 even more insanely hyped up levels.

Overrun - Basically Horde/Survival, but you get to play the Locust instead.

I watched some videos this weekend for Survival mode and it actually did look pretty awesome.

I need a hug.

I'll be playing tomorrow as soon as I get my game via UPS.

Blazey 03-19-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58297172)
Yeah I...cough cough...feel a little tickle in my throat that...sniff sniff...could get a lot worse in about 3-5 business days. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58302080)
I need a hug.

I'll be playing tomorrow as soon as I get my game via UPS.

Me too...I ended up going to work. :(

Hopefully you won't be Geared out by the time I get back.

Metric 03-19-2013 06:00 AM

Worse for me... Tracking shows tomorrow for delivery!

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 06:07 AM

Yeah mine won't be here until Weds. or Thurs. either. Suck city!

I do, however, finally start in on the Spartan Ops on Halo 4 last night. Got through the first 3 of them and enjoyed them. I forget how insane it can be taking on 2 Hunters at the same time!!

Metric 03-19-2013 07:34 AM

I have halo4 but havent played it yet, do you play online?

Roland Deschain 03-19-2013 08:04 AM

just picked up my copy from Best Buy. What is the Anya Bonus code I received for? Anya as playable MP charachter?

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58315242)
I have halo4 but havent played it yet, do you play online?

The Spartan Ops can be played on your own, or co-op with friends online. Or you can do the other multi-player modes online as well just as before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58315886)
just picked up my copy from Best Buy. What is the Anya Bonus code I received for? Anya as playable MP charachter?

Yep...it's Anya as a playable character. It's nice to see female Cogs in the mix, but a little disturbing when you blow their heads clean off! LOL

I ended up getting codes today for the Classic Hammerburst and for Young Dom.

johny3 03-19-2013 08:51 AM

if anyone is around thursday during the day shoot me an invite. I should be on in the morning and afternoon as kids have school and wife is at work :)

here is all the free gears stuff out there
here is a list of the gears stuff out there. there are the preorder stuff too but this should help :)

baird emergence day skin ( i would try for the neon skin b/c reportedly you get this with teh neon - see below)
- text game to 87963 and when it responds give them your email you will get a skin whether you win or not

web weapon skin
http://slickdeals.net/f/5909642-Free-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Window-Web-Weapon-Skin

neon armor
walmart exclusive on oberto - hard to fin. includes jungle tai above supposedly

jungle tai
oberto jerky packages - home depot seems to have them most, found in convenience stores too
http://www.oberto.com/store-locator

web skin
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forum...09006.aspx

paintball skin
http://slickdeals.net/f/5909630-Free-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Paintball-Weapon-Skin-Xbox-360?p=58246066

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 09:34 AM

Thanks for the tip johny...just texted and alread got my email code for Emergence Baird.

krayzie 03-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58317114)
neon armor
walmart exclusive on brisk iced tea 12 packs - hard to fin. includes baird above supposedly

neon armor is from the large pack of oberto jerky (6.2oz pack??) at walmart. It also includes jungle tai not baird.

The original text contest for baird accidentally gave everyone jungle tai if you downloaded it to your xbox. They then fixed it so when you redownloaded it, you got baird.

johny3 03-19-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58319458)
neon armor is from the large pack of oberto jerky (6.2oz pack??) at walmart. It also includes jungle tai not baird.

The original text contest for baird accidentally gave everyone jungle tai if you downloaded it to your xbox. They then fixed it so when you redownloaded it, you got baird.

wooops sorry I was misinformed. edited!

what does the brisk promo on the tea give you then? same as the text?

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 10:51 AM

I also got the web skin from Facebook. Double thanks on that one since I'm a webmaster....suits me perfect!! :)

krayzie 03-19-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58320010)
wooops sorry I was misinformed. edited!

what does the brisk promo on the tea give you then? same as the text?

I believe it's a gun skin and an armor skin. I only saw a picture of the armor. I'll check it out once I get a chance to play.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 12:10 PM

According to Amazon...3 hours ago my game is only one state away.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-19-2013 02:22 PM

Sooooo...has anyone cracked it open yet? Initial impressions anyone?

Metric 03-19-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

if anyone is around thursday during the day shoot me an invite. I should be on in the morning and afternoon as kids have school and wife is at work :)

here is a list of the gears stuff out there. there are the preorder stuff too but this should help :)

baird emergence day skin ( i would try for the neon skin b/c reportedly you get this with teh neon - see below)
- text game to 87963 and when it responds give them your email you will get a skin whether you win or not

web weapon skin
http://slickdeals.net/f/5909642-Free-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Window-Web-Weapon-Skin

neon armor

jungle tai
oberto jerky packages - home depot seems to have them most, found in convenience stores too

web skin

paintball skin
http://slickdeals.net/f/5909630-Free-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Paintball-Weapon-Skin-Xbox-360?p=58246066

I got the day off thurs and the mrs is out getting pretty... i should be online

Roland Deschain 03-20-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58326516)

cracked it open. Got my baird skin and my paintball weapon skin. DL'd Anya as a playable charachter.

Jumped immediately online for ranked MP. Graphics are excellent as expected.

PLayed two ranked rounds...got my ass handed to me in the first round trying to use the Lancer. Did much better in the second round using gnasher exclusively. Almost went 1.0 which is good for me in Gears. But I quickly remembered howmuch I hate the godddamn gnasher and teh style of MP play that Gears provides because it's almost always a close quarters encounter with players circling each other with their gnashers.

If there is a tourney, I hope the gnasher is outlawed (I assume there would be too much backlash to this request though).

Didn't touch SP as I'd like to co-op with fellow SD'ers (but hopefully with folks who want to co-op on normal difficulty). I'm pretty excited for Gears SP as the experience has always been great for me. ALso looking forward to trying out the different modes.

Turned off the console, had dinner, hung out with wifey until she passed out and then played 3 more hours of Far Cry 3.

chrisUSC 03-20-2013 05:24 AM

I added a bunch of you guys on XBL. Look out for AzzKicknChickn1.

funkdoc 03-20-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58326516)

I'll give a few initial impressions of what I had time to play last night:

Per usual, I opened it up and jumped straight into TDM and got wrecked with the lancer. Stopped using the lancer and switched to the Retro Lancer for a bit and went 21-1 in my second game, lol. Same with the shotty, something just doesn't feel right about the original lancer in this game! Anyways, TDM has changed a bit in the fact that it's 50 kills to end a round and when you're down to your final five kills, you no longer only get one more life per peson.

Tried out the Domination, it's fun, although I can see it not being fun when rolling solo, b/c I ran into mostly full parties in this game mode.

Ran through a game of overrun just to get the medal and I have to say this game mode bores me to death. I guess if you liked Beast Mode you'll find it fun, but I could barely make it through a single game.

Played the first chapter of the campaign, I like the side missions it offers and the Stars to indicate how well you played, and the new prize boxes are a great addition to keep you playing for those gun/character skins.

Overall, even with the loadout changes and only 4 mp maps, I still stayed entertained for the majority of the time last night. I can see the 4 maps getting stale quickly, but as a big fan of the series, I'm pretty happy with where they went with this one.

krayzie 03-20-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58338922)
Ran through a game of overrun just to get the medal and I have to say this game mode bores me to death. I guess if you liked Beast Mode you'll find it fun, but I could barely make it through a single game.

I played Survivor a few times and Overrun a few times. I miss Horde / Beast mode from Gears 3. You can't build defensive items and you can't repair the objective you're trying to protect. The Scout seems useless in Survivor mode. The Medic is okay but so far it seems like you'd be better off having one guy distribute ammo and have the other 4 people be engineers...

johny3 03-20-2013 06:41 AM

played a quick 3 mp games this AM while the wife was bringing the son to school and baby was passed out on me.
fun times. I like messing around in the special event list but now that I have the skin I will just play VIP. definitely up for some coop tomorrow. I may be on late 2nite depending.

I cannot for the life of me find any brisk packs with the code at walmart.

hoping to get my friend on at some point this week so I can kill him and get the reaper lol

BuckeyeWebguy 03-20-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58338198)
cracked it open. Got my baird skin and my paintball weapon skin. DL'd Anya as a playable charachter.

Jumped immediately online for ranked MP. Graphics are excellent as expected.

PLayed two ranked rounds...got my ass handed to me in the first round trying to use the Lancer. Did much better in the second round using gnasher exclusively. Almost went 1.0 which is good for me in Gears. But I quickly remembered howmuch I hate the godddamn gnasher and teh style of MP play that Gears provides because it's almost always a close quarters encounter with players circling each other with their gnashers.

If there is a tourney, I hope the gnasher is outlawed (I assume there would be too much backlash to this request though).

Didn't touch SP as I'd like to co-op with fellow SD'ers (but hopefully with folks who want to co-op on normal difficulty). I'm pretty excited for Gears SP as the experience has always been great for me. ALso looking forward to trying out the different modes.

Turned off the console, had dinner, hung out with wifey until she passed out and then played 3 more hours of Far Cry 3.

Thanks for the initial impression. I can't stand the gnasher mashing either. IF..and that's a big if...I do run a tourney for this...I may very well outlaw the gnasher so we don't just find out who the best shotty in the group is.

I spent about 3 hours on Halo 4 Spartan Ops last night. I can't believe how intense the Normal level is on some of those. Those dang Promethian Dogs gang up on you and it's game over! Should have my Gears tomorrow or Friday morning.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-20-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58338922)
I'll give a few initial impressions of what I had time to play last night:

Per usual, I opened it up and jumped straight into TDM and got wrecked with the lancer. Stopped using the lancer and switched to the Retro Lancer for a bit and went 21-1 in my second game, lol. Same with the shotty, something just doesn't feel right about the original lancer in this game! Anyways, TDM has changed a bit in the fact that it's 50 kills to end a round and when you're down to your final five kills, you no longer only get one more life per peson.

Tried out the Domination, it's fun, although I can see it not being fun when rolling solo, b/c I ran into mostly full parties in this game mode.

Played the first chapter of the campaign, I like the side missions it offers and the Stars to indicate how well you played, and the new prize boxes are a great addition to keep you playing for those gun/character skins.

Overall, even with the loadout changes and only 4 mp maps, I still stayed entertained for the majority of the time last night. I can see the 4 maps getting stale quickly, but as a big fan of the series, I'm pretty happy with where they went with this one.

Good to know. The Gears campaigns have always been good, so I'm glad they're keeping true to form with another good one.

Entropic01 03-20-2013 07:25 AM

Played for a couple hours last night. Skipped the MP for now and went straight to campaign on hard. I've beaten the other 3 on hard as well but thought this one was more difficult than the others. Not sure if I am just rusty or its also the declassified difficulty modifiers or the game is legitimately harder.

krayzie 03-20-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58339574)
played a quick 3 mp games this AM while the wife was bringing the son to school and baby was passed out on me.
fun times. I like messing around in the special event list but now that I have the skin I will just play VIP. definitely up for some coop tomorrow. I may be on late 2nite depending.

I cannot for the life of me find any brisk packs with the code at walmart.

hoping to get my friend on at some point this week so I can kill him and get the reaper lol

The brisk packs aren't exclusive to walmart. Some people have had luck messaging Brisk on facebook and asking them for a code since they can't find the promo in their area.

edit: Your friend got picked to be the reaper or he works at epic? He should let everyone on sd kill him lol

SkeezaPleez 03-20-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

web weapon skin

neon armor

jungle tai

web skin

paintball skin

I did the texting thing in your first line there and got the text back saying I wasn't a winner, but I don't have any code yet? Will it come via text or to my email?

Roland Deschain 03-20-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58344706)
I did the texting thing in your first line there and got the text back saying I wasn't a winner, but I don't have any code yet? Will it come via text or to my email?

you'll get it via email

Roland Deschain 03-20-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58339574)

please elaborate!

And also..what's a reaper? :lol:

It's funny how people (like me) want to get in on free shit that they likely wont ever use.

johny3 03-20-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58344832)
please elaborate!

And also..what's a reaper? :lol:

It's funny how people (like me) want to get in on free shit that they likely wont ever use.

epic employees wear reaper skins and if u kill one you get a skin.

e sure to try and find the Gears Reaper!

Epic developers will be using the Gears Reaper skin. If you kill them, you’ll get a special medal and weapon skin! Also, look for these gamertags – these players will be wearing the Reaper skin.

EpicGowJ
GearsReaper2
GearsReaper3
Raczilla
Fl4k

Click here for more information about the Gears Reaper! If you would like to nominate someone to be the Reaper, you can post in THIS thread or on Twitter using the hashtag #GearsReaper.

Earn a custom weapon skin this week!

Play between March 19th and March 28th on the special event playlist to receive the special Team Pulse weapon skin!

Roland Deschain 03-20-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58345044)

Epic developers will be using the Gears Reaper skin. If you kill them, you’ll get a special medal and weapon skin! Also, look for these gamertags – these players will be wearing the Reaper skin.

EpicGowJ
GearsReaper2
GearsReaper3
Raczilla
Fl4k

Click here for more information about the Gears Reaper! If you would like to nominate someone to be the Reaper, you can post in THIS thread or on Twitter using the hashtag #GearsReaper.

Play between March 19th and March 28th on the special event playlist to receive the special Team Pulse weapon skin!

gotcha thanks.

Does Gears provide a custom or private match setting? If so..I propose an SD Gears Meet and Kill.

johny3 03-20-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58345176)
gotcha thanks.

Does Gears provide a custom or private match setting? If so..I propose an SD Gears Meet and Kill.

not sure, i wont be on until tonight.

SkeezaPleez 03-20-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58345044)

EpicGowJ
GearsReaper2
GearsReaper3
Raczilla
Fl4k

Is that like one of those virus things where if you kill someone that has it, you get it as well? So if you kill your buddy tonight, then we should be able to kill you later on and get it so long as you're wearing that skin right?

krayzie 03-20-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58345660)
Is that like one of those virus things where if you kill someone that has it, you get it as well? So if you kill your buddy tonight, then we should be able to kill you later on and get it so long as you're wearing that skin right?

I think you actually have to kill the reaper / epic employee so a lot less people will have it.

It would suck if you finally found one of them but you were on their team. Someone turn on friendly fire!!

johny3 03-20-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58346036)
I think you actually have to kill the reaper / epic employee so a lot less people will have it.

It would suck if you finally found one of them but you were on their team. Someone turn on friendly fire!!

this
I am trying to get my friend to play me in FFA lol. he has been crazy busy though so has not been able to get online. not sure if he will be wearing a skin anyway.

Blazey 03-21-2013 05:02 AM

So far, I am not wowed by the MP.

I can't wait for April 2 for the free DLC for my beloved Execution mode.

Linky [joystiq.com]

Quote:

Gears of War: Judgment gets two pieces of free, downloadable content a few weeks after the game launches on March 19: The Haven multiplayer map and Execution mode, both scheduled to hit Xbox Live on April 2.
Thanks to Maxim [maxim.com] for the free DLC...for some reason :thumbsup:

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58363872)

Linky [joystiq.com]

You can always count on Maxim for awesome...um...yeah...DLC...that's it!

Tracking shows my game in Columbus as of yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed I'll be online playing it tonight!

krayzie 03-21-2013 06:28 AM

The whole execution dlc thing is stupid. It should have came with the game.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazey (Post 58363872)

Linky [joystiq.com]

You can always count on Maxim for awesome...um...yeah...DLC...that's it!

Tracking shows my game in Columbus as of yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed I'll be online playing it tonight!

xconcepts 03-21-2013 07:09 AM

So is this a buy now or soon game or wait til it drops. I did like the other 3 gears...but with God of War out, Bioshock coming soon, still haven't played DS3 and haven't finished AC3 not sure if I should pick it up yet.

Roland Deschain 03-21-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xconcepts (Post 58365942)
So is this a buy now or soon game or wait til it drops. I did like the other 3 gears...but with God of War out, Bioshock coming soon, still haven't played DS3 and haven't finished AC3 not sure if I should pick it up yet.

whatever you do dont get god of war ascension for full price. Wait for the price drop. Not worth it IMO.

xconcepts 03-21-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58365984)
whatever you do dont get god of war ascension for full price. Wait for the price drop. Not worth it IMO.

Planned on redboxing it.

Roland Deschain 03-21-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xconcepts (Post 58365998)
Planned on redboxing it.

definitely the way to go.

SkeezaPleez 03-21-2013 07:18 AM

I'm really disappointed with no Horde mode.

Blazey and I played the survival mode last night and it's intense, but I dunno, there is just something missing. I also noticed that you couldn't pick up enemy weapons in it either. I guess that's the point though.

krayzie 03-21-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58366104)
I'm really disappointed with no Horde mode.

Blazey and I played the survival mode last night and it's intense, but I dunno, there is just something missing. I also noticed that you couldn't pick up enemy weapons in it either. I guess that's the point though.

Yeah, I don't like the lack of weapon customization. I guess they had to do that since they wanted to make specific classes... I still think the engineers should be able to rebuild crap.

SkeezaPleez 03-21-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58367562)
Yeah, I don't like the lack of weapon customization. I guess they had to do that since they wanted to make specific classes... I still think the engineers should be able to rebuild crap.

What does the Engineers repair tool do? I couldn't figure it out.

krayzie 03-21-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58368452)
What does the Engineers repair tool do? I couldn't figure it out.

It repairs the barriers / turrets / sentry. I am not sure about the sentry though. I can't really remember if I repaired them as they all end up dissapearing anyway.

I miss all the crap you could build in horde. I want to build a Cole decoy and a mech!

Hell I couldn't even figure out how to switch weapons the first time I played. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to change the controls on game #4?

SkeezaPleez 03-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58370510)
It repairs the barriers / turrets / sentry.

Ohhh...they just can't rebuild the barriers if they're completely destroyed.

Also, I miss the Silverback.

krayzie 03-21-2013 10:48 AM

I still think the best team layout will be 4 engineers and one guy who switches between the ammo guy and the scout. You might need the scout once the tougher mobs spawn.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 12:21 PM

Best news I've had all week....my game is here! I have a meeting tonight but should be on around 9pm to check it all out if anyone wants to game up.

SkeezaPleez 03-21-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58373298)
Best news I've had all week....my game is here! I have a meeting tonight but should be on around 9pm to check it all out if anyone wants to game up.

Blazey and I may be on...can you do 4 player campaign or is it just 2? I can't recall.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58375008)
Blazey and I may be on...can you do 4 player campaign or is it just 2? I can't recall.

I'll look for you guys. The box say online co-op is 2-4 players.

Roland Deschain 03-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58375008)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58375322)
I'll look for you guys. The box say online co-op is 2-4 players.

Dudes....if you got room let me join yous and we'll do 4 player co-op in the campaign! But, hopefully you guys are down with normal difficulty.

Assuming you have room...what time?

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58375726)
Dudes....if you got room let me join yous and we'll do 4 player co-op in the campaign! But, hopefully you guys are down with normal difficulty.

Assuming you have room...what time?

I'm just cracking the wraper off tonight...so I'll do whatever. I said 9pm earlier, but wife is actually out with friends tonight so I could probably get on 8:15-8:30pm-ish.

Metric 03-21-2013 01:46 PM

Played for about 20 minutes before my day off turned into the wife spending all my money. I'm stuck in hell right while I type this.

Anyway, woo it's sluggish feeling, I played a go online and had no idea wtf was going on.

Will be on later if I survive this shopping trip.

Roland Deschain 03-21-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58375762)
I'm just cracking the wraper off tonight...so I'll do whatever. I said 9pm earlier, but wife is actually out with friends tonight so I could probably get on 8:15-8:30pm-ish.

nice, 8:30 - 9pm works for me so I'll look for you on live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58375794)
Played for about 20 minutes before my day off turned into the wife spending all my money. I'm stuck in hell right while I type this.

Anyway, woo it's sluggish feeling, I played a go online and had no idea wtf was going on.

haha, will look for you too.

johny3 03-21-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58375794)

was looking for you, sent u an FR

I *may* be on tonight since crappy tv is on that the wife watches and I don't lol.

I would be up for some coop campaign. Almost hit 30 on mp today. Was playing with some guys I played with as randoms and then a friend did not have vip so we played the regular lists.

One thought about MP - if you get into a lobby and keep going against the good kids, just look for another game. There are a TON of noobs out there. take advantage ;)

BuckeyeWebguy 03-21-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58375952)
nice, 8:30 - 9pm works for me so I'll look for you on live.

Sounds good. I'll catch ya on there tonight.

Entropic01 03-21-2013 06:02 PM

Haven't touched the MP yet but I think this is by far the worst SP so far (although I haven't finished it yet)

Story is a whole bunch of nothing so far

xconcepts 03-21-2013 06:07 PM

Damn, I have another week before I'm home. By the time I get back everyone will have moved on....lol

Metric 03-21-2013 07:59 PM

How do you even kill anyway... I get to pick from like 4 crappy guns and I unload then get killed by some dude with a gun I can't pick

johny3 03-21-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metric (Post 58382894)
How do you even kill anyway... I get to pick from like 4 crappy guns and I unload then get killed by some dude with a gun I can't pick

it definitely takes some getting used to. the power weapons are rough to run into until you play some. it was fun playing tonight though.

Guys, feel free to add your nik to the table and VIP status

BuckeyeWebguy 03-22-2013 05:52 AM

Sorry guys...my evening got derailed last night and I only got on late enough at night to download all my extra content and go to bed. I'll be on plenty this weekend if you guys want to match up.

funkdoc 03-22-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58383270)
it definitely takes some getting used to. the power weapons are rough to run into until you play some. it was fun playing tonight though.

Thinking about picking up the VIP today, just curious, how many players run in that list? Not as worried about the skins as I am the double xp list, as I felt a bit guilty when we had to run regular when I joined in last night, lol.

SkeezaPleez 03-22-2013 07:15 AM

I'm thinking I'm just gonna turn around and flip this once I get through the campaign. Without Horde mode and the old characters, something just doesn't feel right. And the competitive MP doesn't interest me at all.

johny3 03-22-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58388912)
Thinking about picking up the VIP today, just curious, how many players run in that list? Not as worried about the skins as I am the double xp list, as I felt a bit guilty when we had to run regular when I joined in last night, lol.

there are talks of vip matching with non vip even when u search vip. either way there are enough players. dedicated servers go live today also

BuckeyeWebguy 03-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58383270)

I got the season pass last night, so I have the VIP. I added myself to the wiki and I'll be playing all weekend.

krayzie 03-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58390400)
I'm thinking I'm just gonna turn around and flip this once I get through the campaign. Without Horde mode and the old characters, something just doesn't feel right. And the competitive MP doesn't interest me at all.

Yeah, survival sucks compared to horde. Taking overrun and switching it to a vs cpu mode is not the same as giving us a horde mode... I don't know why they didn't feel the need to include everything from gears 3...

Roland Deschain 03-22-2013 10:11 AM

I just watched a gears gamespot video review and saw Gears Judgment got a 7.5. Wow. I believe that's the lowest any gears game has ever scored. Not to say I always agree with Gamespot but still.....

I guess I'm kinda glad I still have gears 2 and 3.

Blazey 03-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland Deschain (Post 58394822)

I guess I'm kinda glad I still have gears 2 and 3.

Me too. Playing this makes me want to put in Gears 2 / 3 for horde. After completing SP with Skeez, I will probably trade this.

krayzie 03-22-2013 10:23 AM

$36 trade-in value at BB right now after 100% bonus. $37.80 with unlocked. Not too bad.

gizoto316 03-22-2013 11:49 AM

I'm bummed they took out Wingman mode.

johny3 03-22-2013 12:03 PM

i for one am enjoying the game

funkdoc 03-22-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58398248)

I feel like we're in the minority here, but I agree. I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite Gears, but after logging some hours in the mp and campaign, only complaint I have is the number of maps the game shipped with.

SkeezaPleez 03-22-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58398248)

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58398626)
I feel like we're in the minority here, but I agree. I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite Gears, but after logging some hours in the mp and campaign, only complaint I have is the number of maps the game shipped with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the SP and I never really got into Gears MP anyway(besides horde which they removed).

I'm just not feeling the characters in this one. Sure, they've got Cole in there, but I have been through a few chapters and I haven't heard a single "Wooooooo" yet. That's disappointing. And Baird isn't snarky at all.

The Russian dude is cool but the chick seems to have no personality. I miss the old gang.

Plus I miss playing Horde as Ice-T.

johny3 03-23-2013 07:05 AM

i have not played SP yet, hope to do it next week. I just love MP too much lol

anyway unable to get a web skin? if you need one pm me I have 2 that are unused.

xconcepts 03-23-2013 08:50 AM

So after next week is anyone still going to be playing this still?

funkdoc 03-23-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xconcepts (Post 58415346)

I would assume a few will still be playing it. I'll probably be playing it for the next few months, considering I only play Gears and COD, but I'm sure you'll see a few of us on.

johny3 03-23-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xconcepts (Post 58415346)

I will
No new games coming up for me so I will be playing halo 4 (rarely) and then splitting the other time between blops 2 and gears.

krayzie 03-23-2013 02:17 PM

I played 2 hours of the campaign yesterday and I stopped as I didn't really care for it... I guess I just don't care for these characters. I didn't have this issue with gears 1-3.

SkeezaPleez 03-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58420452)
I played 2 hours of the campaign yesterday and I stopped as I didn't really care for it... I guess I just don't care for these characters. I didn't have this issue with gears 1-3.

Same here. I'm just not feeling it.

xconcepts 03-23-2013 05:07 PM

Cool, I'll probably pick it up end of week. This or Bioshock.....

Blazey 03-25-2013 04:16 AM

Trade in value $33.40 on Amazon right now. Lock it in for a up to a week.

krayzie 03-25-2013 06:53 AM

Anyone want to run through all the Survival maps on casual for the achievement? I am usually on at around 9-10PM EST. I tried it by myself but only got to wave 8 as the cpu sucks.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-25-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkdoc (Post 58398626)

I'm with you guys. I'm enjoying it, but I'm a diehard Gears fan. I haven't started the campaign yet, but digging the MP and especially Survival. I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss Horde and other aspects, but it's been fun so far. I guess I figured with Cliff B. departing Epic games it had to be a slightly different game.

I'm guessing based on this forum there's not going to be enough interest in running a GOW tourney though.

BuckeyeWebguy 03-25-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58448032)
Anyone want to run through all the Survival maps on casual for the achievement? I am usually on at around 9-10PM EST. I tried it by myself but only got to wave 8 as the cpu sucks.

I'm down. I'll be on most weeknights around 9pm this week working through that and the Halo 4 Spartan Ops.

desrtrnnr 03-25-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeWebguy (Post 58448144)
I'm with you guys. I'm enjoying it, but I'm a diehard Gears fan. I haven't started the campaign yet, but digging the MP and especially Survival. I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss Horde and other aspects, but it's been fun so far. I guess I figured with Cliff B. departing Epic games it had to be a slightly different game.

I'm guessing based on this forum there's not going to be enough interest in running a GOW tourney though.

its not a true Epic game.. it was made by People can Fly.. the dev that made Bulletstorm

johny3 03-25-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desrtrnnr (Post 58457026)
its not a true Epic game.. it was made by People can Fly.. the dev that made Bulletstorm

Epic was very involved....I am good friends with one of their upper level programmers. Although they have a lot of other things on their plate, Epic was very involved in the game. Definitely, though, people can fly were also very involved in the game. I guess what I am trying to say is do not write off Epic when it comes to this game.

If anyone sees me on tomorrow feel free to send me an invite. I will be on and off at work so may be afk. I would definitely be down for doing survival

desrtrnnr 03-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58464986)
Epic was very involved....I am good friends with one of their upper level programmers. Although they have a lot of other things on their plate, Epic was very involved in the game. Definitely, though, people can fly were also very involved in the game. I guess what I am trying to say is do not write off Epic when it comes to this game.

If anyone sees me on tomorrow feel free to send me an invite. I will be on and off at work so may be afk. I would definitely be down for doing survival

next time you see that friend of yours give him a few things for me

first kick him in the balls.. and say "that was for the major fark up that was gears 2"
next when he is on the ground.. kick him in the stomach and say "that was for adding a farking double barrel shotgun"..
then while he is still on the ground in the fetal position.. stomp on his hand and say "that was for dumbing the game down for all the retarded noobs and making it like COD"
then repeat all that and say "pass those along to joe graffe for writing piss poor net coding that lags like a mother"

oh and ask him why cant they region lock matchmaking so i dont get paired with mexicans and brits every other match

SkeezaPleez 03-26-2013 07:44 AM

Blazey and I got through about 2/3 of the campaign last night and I'm still not feeling ANY of these characters. The only one who seems to have any personality is Paduk which is sad since he's new to the franchise.

Gonna try and plow through the rest of the campaign this week so i can recoup some of my money. :sadwalk:

I do really like the "declassified" stuff, it certainly adds to the missions and makes them a little more challenging.

As far as story goes though, it all seems a little silly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desrtrnnr (Post 58465618)
first kick him in the balls.. and say "that was for the major fark up that was gears 2"

I didn't mind Gears 2 but Gears 3 is where the game really shines(even above and beyond Judgment).

Blazey and I are gonna make a Hardcore run through the Gears 3 campaign, as he never made it very far the first time he tried playing through.

Blazey 03-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58472262)
I do really like the "declassified" stuff, it certainly adds to the missions and makes them a little more challenging.

As far as story goes though, it all seems a little silly.

Blazey and I are gonna make a Hardcore run through the Gears 3 campaign, as he never made it very far the first time he tried playing through.

It definitely is a little silly. Why tie up some of your best COG's in some hocus pocus trial when the enemy is knocking at the doorstep? I can get past that but I just don't feel compelled to playing this game. On the other hand, I am anxious to finish Gears 3 on Hardcore. Only made it to Act 1 on my own. Here I thought I had the game beat this whole time.

I think the declassified challenges are great and add nice variety to the mix. Cool concept, indeed. Once the campaign is complete, I would rather go back to Gears 2 or 3 MP and horde mode. I actually have more of an itch to play them than Judgment MP / Survival for some reason.

krayzie 03-26-2013 10:02 AM

I beat the gears judgement campaign last night. I am not sure I even want to play through it again on insane as it sucked. The declassified missions were okay but the time limit ones were just stupid. Instead of taking my time and seeing everything in the level, I ended up just rushing through them.

How long is Aftermath? I hope it's better...

danforth 03-26-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58420452)

Same. I played a couple missions in the 2nd act but just couldn't get into it, so I just ended up selling my copy. I loved Gears 1-3, but this one just didn't do it for me. I didn't really care for the characters, as you said, and the gameplay just felt different to me as well. For the entire 1st act I was in cover for less than 10 minutes.

SkeezaPleez 03-26-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58475534)
I beat the gears judgement campaign last night. I am not sure I even want to play through it again on insane as it sucked. The declassified missions were okay but the time limit ones were just stupid. Instead of taking my time and seeing everything in the level, I ended up just rushing through them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danforth (Post 58480030)
Same. I played a couple missions in the 2nd act but just couldn't get into it, so I just ended up selling my copy. I loved Gears 1-3, but this one just didn't do it for me. I didn't really care for the characters, as you said, and the gameplay just felt different to me as well. For the entire 1st act I was in cover for less than 10 minutes.

Sort of glad it's not just me then.

idkist 03-26-2013 02:05 PM

Definitely glad I didn't jump on this like I did the rest of the series based on what everyone is saying, and instead decided to go the Redbox route.

Blazey 03-27-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58475534)

Quote:

Originally Posted by danforth (Post 58480030)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58480104)
Sort of glad it's not just me then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkMyBFFist (Post 58482470)
Definitely glad I didn't jump on this like I did the rest of the series based on what everyone is saying, and instead decided to go the Redbox route.

I feel the same way...loved Gears 1-3 but this one doesn't have the same feel. I don't even think Cole gave us a "WHOOOOOOO!!" at all.

Looking at Amazon reviews, we are not alone. Out of 153 reviews, 51 are 1-star.

johny3 03-27-2013 06:12 AM

I recouped nearly all my money selling jungle tai codes already on ebay so I am good. Luckily for me I like the game :)

BuckeyeWebguy 03-27-2013 08:12 AM

Had a good time last night playing survival with Randall, YOUNIVERSAL, and Krazie. We did casual mode and easily beat all 10 levels before I had to head to bed. Looking forward to trying it on hardcore with some friends. I think it'll be tough, but just having buddies that actually talk to you and coordinate helps out for sure. Will probably dive into the campaign finally this weekend, but been busy with the Halo 4 Spartan Ops lately, so trying to balance time between the two of those.

SkeezaPleez 03-27-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58494360)
I recouped nearly all my money selling jungle tai codes already on ebay so I am good. Luckily for me I like the game :)

Where'd you get all the Jungle Tai codes?

johny3 03-27-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 58497878)
Where'd you get all the Jungle Tai codes?

jerky. friend eats it so he gave me the codes. he didn't want any of the ebay money. Strange I know lol

SkeezaPleez 03-27-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny3 (Post 58498482)
jerky. friend eats it so he gave me the codes. he didn't want any of the ebay money. Strange I know lol

That's cool.