Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stylus Scribe Digital Pen for HTC Flyer, EVO View 4G, Jetstream Tablets $15 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5855338-stylus-scribe-digital-pen-for-htc-flyer-evo-view-4g-jetstream-tablets-15-free-shipping)

Shardugen 02-13-2013 07:45 PM

Stylus Scribe Digital Pen for HTC Flyer, EVO View 4G, Jetstream Tablets $15 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Tanga.com [tanga.com] has Stylus Scribe Digital Pen for HTC Flyer, EVO View 4G, Jetstream Tablets
for $14.99

with free shipping.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No longer available:

HTC STYLUS SCRIBE DIGITAL PEN FOR FLYER, EVO VIEW 4G, JETSTREAM $15.99 shipped

save $1 off with code SDShnoop1, making it $14.99 shipped

http://shnoop.com//

brisar 02-13-2013 07:45 PM

Stylus Scribe Digital Pen for HTC Flyer, EVO View 4G, Jetstream Tablets $15 + Free Shipping

2 Attachment(s)
Tanga.com has Stylus Scribe Digital Pen for HTC Flyer, EVO View 4G, Jetstream Tablets for $14.99 with free shipping. Thanks Shardugen

wikipost 02-13-2013 07:45 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

TigOlBitties 02-13-2013 08:05 PM

Wow. Great price, usually around $25-$30 if you could find it in stock somewhere.

Where was this fookin deal a yr ago when people actually had the Flyer and Evo view tablets.

ryocho 02-13-2013 08:34 PM

man, I literally just sold my Flyer today. Could've bought this to bump up the selling price...

fauxden 02-13-2013 08:35 PM

yes- great price. i sold my flyer a while back tho-

kechinbou! 02-13-2013 08:51 PM

So few people had this that I've never even heard how useful it really is. Are there just certain apps that support it, or is it good for just navigating the tablet? Does anyone know if it's really worth even 16$ in terms of usefulness? I'm tempted, even though my Flyer is stuck on an old flavor of Android. :(

edit: Just went to read reviews on Amazon. Seems like people like it... but is that because they just paid $70 for it?

amazingtrojan 02-13-2013 09:38 PM

works great with my evo, paid 40 bucks for it couple of months ago. tempted to buy another one

slkgn 02-13-2013 09:40 PM

Good deal.

I think it also should work with windows tablets that use N-Trig digitizer, like ASUS Taichi, Sony Duo 11 etc

toromac 02-13-2013 09:40 PM

do people still use this second rate crap? sheesh.

fyu 02-13-2013 09:48 PM

this was so expensive when they released it.

good stylus though, too bad the list of compatible tablets is small.

Vesso 02-13-2013 09:52 PM

I still have mine and keep it basically for reading and some Netflix every now and then (the Transformer is quite heavier and I HATE the sharp edges). Apart from that, every time I try to do something else than reading or watching videos I curse the damn thing. Been thinking to sell it for a while and put the money towards a Nexus 7, but not ready to shell minimum 100 bucks difference.

While the price is really good, kind of hard to justify even 15 bucks, considering that there is really nothing that I am gonna make better or easier than I am doing now.

geniv 02-13-2013 10:05 PM

what other devices tablets/laptops will this work on?

if it is "standard" then I might pick one up for future use. as these types of pens are kinda pricy

Gumbo 02-13-2013 10:40 PM

I've always wondered what the green stylus button would do on my EVO View 4G if I paid for the sky-high price tag. Now that it's 15 bux I looked into it.

DEMO VIDEO [youtube.com]

Turns out, it's cooler than I thought. I'll toy around with it for $15. I have the dock, so this completes the set.

N41 - Ups & Reps to OP :thumbsup:

testshoot 02-13-2013 10:50 PM

Use code SCRIBE1 and get another $1 off.

I have a Flyer and was interested in a pen for it. I bought a Fujitsu version for my ex-GF for her View but if I remember right, it is missing the button or second button or something that the HTC version has.

tai9588 02-13-2013 11:15 PM

Will this pen work with my note 2? Lost the freaking pen so need a cheap replacement.

Wickywik 02-13-2013 11:34 PM

This stylus is made for the N-Trig digitizing layer on the Flyer/View/Jetstream. This won't work with any computer/tablet that uses the competing Wacom technology (ie most Windows TabletPC's, Samsung Note 10.1). This stylus gives you pressure sensitivity so that you can draw and write on your tablet. As far as I know, the Flyer and Views are the only 7" tablets with this feature. The upcoming Samsung Note 8 is supposed to ship with a pen.

So if you have a Flyer/View/Jetstream but don't have a pen, this is a really good deal. Grab one because these cheapest pens that have been available have been one-button pens for $25-30 and that was a year ago.

vedun 02-13-2013 11:47 PM

I have HTC flyer and HTC pen for it. Over the last 12 months used pen 2-3 times just to show friends how cool it is to have )).
Otherwise quite useless think without hand righting recognition.

purple 02-14-2013 12:45 AM

Glad I sold my htc flyer a few months ago. If not would have bought one to try.

halogod2 02-14-2013 12:55 AM

I got both the flyer and the pen, but I rarely used the pen.

sunilmma 02-14-2013 07:22 AM

Can this be made to work on HP touch-pad?

amazingtrojan 02-14-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilmma (Post 57572208)

Unless you know how to crack it. Its crazy to think that not long ago the flyer cost $500 and this $80. I thought it was a ripoff then when it came out but if you own a flyer, evo or a compatible tablet, imo its a cool piece.

ciswt 02-14-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilmma (Post 57572208)

i think that your device needs "N-trig DuoSense hardware" for it to be able to sense the stylus. it's probably pretty easy to look at your specs to see if it's got it.

kechinbou! 02-28-2013 09:00 AM

Wow, that took a long time to hit FP. I've already received mine quite a while ago. Again, good deal. It's well implemented and makes my Flyer a little more useful for meetings where I have to take notes.

Alkaar 02-28-2013 09:01 AM

Use FW and get 10% cashback.

redlegger 02-28-2013 09:19 AM

Too snarky, deleted

kennyminot 02-28-2013 09:22 AM

The View/Flyer are the only 7" tablets with a stylus. If you own one and don't have the pen, you're not using the full capabilities of the device. I use mine to annotate PDFs. Plus, with the View/Flyer Honeycomb update, the stylus becomes universal, which allows you to use it with third-party applications. However, the built-in suite of HTC apps is enough to justify the $15 purchase.

The View/Flyer never get any love, but they failed mostly due to bad marketing and a high price point. The device is aesthetically gorgeous, and the single-core 1.5 ghz Snapdragon still easily handles most tasks. Plus, it has a fairly decent 5 MP camera on the front, which is actually useful because it's a 7" device. While you could upgrade to a Nexus 7 or a Kindle Fire HD, the problem is that you have to sacrifice the pen functionality and the dual cameras. Personally, this has prevented me from getting a new tablet, at least until the 8" Galaxy Note starts to fall in price. I love mine so much that I would buy the Jetstream in a second if it had a ICS upgrade.

toromac 02-28-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlegger (Post 57884940)
I do, said the guy who lives in a nice house with two 3 year old cars that are paid off carrying no credit card debt and will retire early.

Meh. I like quality stuff. I look for deals on my stuff of course. But I still think life is too short to use outdated tech. But hey, I'm glad people like you exist because then to whom would I sell my outdated tech if not?

Shardugen 02-28-2013 09:46 AM

HTC Stylus Scribe Digital Pen $14.99 f/s

HTC Stylus Scribe Digital Pen $14.99 shipped

For Flyer, EVO View 4G, & Jetstream Tablets

https://www.tanga.com/deals/f71d7...igital-pen

kennyminot 02-28-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toromac (Post 57885122)
Meh. I like quality stuff. I look for deals on my stuff of course. But I still think life is too short to use outdated tech. But hey, I'm glad people like you exist because then to whom would I sell my outdated tech if not?

If you like quality stuff, you should love the HTC Flyer. When it was released back in 2011, the market was entirely different for tablets, so HTC crammed all the bells and whistles in the device. It has a brushed aluminum back. It has an N-trig digitizer. It has back and front cameras. It has a special suite of software designed explicitly for the device. Now, of course, it doesn't have a super-mega-core Tegra processor, and the screen is slightly inferior than the Nexus 7. But it still hums along with its single-core 1.5ghz Snapdragon. The honest truth is I have yet to have a problem running an application on my tablet. Plus, it's not a cheap piece of plastic crap like the current generation of sub-$250 budget tablets.

People are so "spec obsessed" these days. You need to focus on the functionality of the device and not necessarily the specs - for the average user of a tablet, it's not necessary to have a quad-core processor (don't even get me started about phones - who the hell needs a Tegra 3 with HD resolution on a phone? And why exactly do people not want physical keyboards?) You're definitely NOT being a slickdealer if you waste your money upgrading to the latest technology when your previous one still fully handles your current needs. The only reason I'll ever upgrade my Flyer is because HTC stopped providing OS updates.

zerofactions 02-28-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tai9588 (Post 57568924)
Will this pen work with my note 2? Lost the freaking pen so need a cheap replacement.

These are for N-Trig digitizers. Different technology.

Samsung Note 2 uses a wacom digitizer you should search for wacom/s-pen stylus replacements. (Can easily be found for $25) $40 retail or
You can try HK imitations easily found for $12. on ebay [ebay.com]
not sure if you would want to trust the tip on your $800 phone though might be ok with those plastic screen protectors.
If you do get one let me know how it works out for you might be something to look into for spares.

chong67 02-28-2013 11:29 AM

Its sad HTC got out of the tablet business.

I hope the One line will be doing fine. I like HTC but now using a Nexus 4.

kicker618 02-28-2013 11:34 AM

would this work for ipad ? - I think no ... but picked one up anyways because the flyer will probably go on close out since HTC is out of the tablet business and other devices with end up using a pen like it

toromac 02-28-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyminot (Post 57887458)
If you like quality stuff, you should love the HTC Flyer. When it was released back in 2011, the market was entirely different for tablets, so HTC crammed all the bells and whistles in the device. It has a brushed aluminum back. It has an N-trig digitizer. It has back and front cameras. It has a special suite of software designed explicitly for the device. Now, of course, it doesn't have a super-mega-core Tegra processor, and the screen is slightly inferior than the Nexus 7. But it still hums along with its single-core 1.5ghz Snapdragon. The honest truth is I have yet to have a problem running an application on my tablet. Plus, it's not a cheap piece of plastic crap like the current generation of sub-$250 budget tablets.

People are so "spec obsessed" these days. You need to focus on the functionality of the device and not necessarily the specs - for the average user of a tablet, it's not necessary to have a quad-core processor (don't even get me started about phones - who the hell needs a Tegra 3 with HD resolution on a phone? And why exactly do people not want physical keyboards?) You're definitely NOT being a slickdealer if you waste your money upgrading to the latest technology when your previous one still fully handles your current needs. The only reason I'll ever upgrade my Flyer is because HTC stopped providing OS updates.

I actually had one and sold it. I prefer the latest iteration of Android with Google now. If I want a tablet with a stylus I would get a galaxy note 8.0.. Specs and software do matter for Android. Anything without 4.1 or above has too much lag.

kennyminot 02-28-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toromac (Post 57889512)
I actually had one and sold it. I prefer the latest iteration of Android with Google now. If I want a tablet with a stylus I would get a galaxy note 8.0.. Specs and software do matter for Android. Anything without 4.1 or above has too much lag.

Too much lag? Doing what? Browsing webpages?

shjaythi 02-28-2013 03:07 PM

Does anyone know how to root the HTC Flyer and install a custom ICS ROM or JB ROM? Is it possible to overclock this with a custom kernel?

moejarv 02-28-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toromac (Post 57889512)

Well. CG Rom (JB) works well on my device. the pen still works and things are smoother. Of course this single core machine can't compete with all the dual / quad core machine, but it still works fine in many aspects.

7 inch navigation looks great in the car..

moejarv 02-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shjaythi (Post 57894800)
Does anyone know how to root the HTC Flyer and install a custom ICS ROM or JB ROM? Is it possible to overclock this with a custom kernel?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/f...php?f=1020
This has all you need to make your view/flyer awesome again..

wildbottom 02-28-2013 10:20 PM

How long does the battery AAAA last in this Stylus?

hani1234 02-28-2013 11:09 PM

ok so my understanding is that this stylus doesn't work for a nexus 10.
any suggestions on a good value stylus for a nexus 10?

kevlar3d 03-01-2013 10:37 AM

Anyone know if this will work on an EVO 4G LTE with CM 10.1? It appears that it requires some extra software and possibly sense to function so my assumption is that it will not work. If it does work, this would be great for playing draw something.

kevlar3d 03-01-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hani1234 (Post 57903588)
ok so my understanding is that this stylus doesn't work for a nexus 10.
any suggestions on a good value stylus for a nexus 10?

I think most Stylii (is that a word?) just simulate the touch of a finger. This appears to work completely different. For a nexus stylus, you probably just want to find some cheap options like this [ebay.com].