-   Help Me Find a Deal (
-   -   Best SD memory card for Canon SX150?? (

PreacherCruz 02-15-2013 01:51 AM

Best SD memory card for Canon SX150??
We just bought a Canon SX150 and I stuck a Sandisk 4 speed 8GB SDHC card in it. IS there any improvement or benefit to my putting in a higher speed card like a 10 or even UH? Thanks in advance as I can't seem to find a SD card recommendation on line anywhere! :confused:

shnitz 02-15-2013 08:05 AM

If you bought the camera, why are you searching online when it came with a manual? For photos, any card will be fine. If you want the card to sustain HD video recording, you will need at least a Class 6.

bondiablo 02-15-2013 09:45 AM

Sandisk is always a safe bet, their class 4 are often better than others class 10. If you'll only be taking pictures class 4 is fine. As shntiz said, for HD video you'll want to go up to a class 6 or 10. The only other reason to get a higher class card, with faster write speeds, is if you'll be transferring files to it a lot.

Deusxmachina 02-15-2013 11:02 AM

Tests show Class 10 isn't necessarily better than a lower class during actual use and often only comes into play when transferring the files from the card to a computer. A lower class can actually be better than a Class 10 for pictures due to being faster "right now" instead of being faster for large transfers. Also, some brands' lower class cards are better than they are rated for.

bondiablo 02-16-2013 10:00 AM

Actually, it only comes into play when transferring from a computer to the card. The class ratings refer only to sustained write speed. For taking pictures higher is always going to be better but likely unnecessary because the camera can't write pictures to the card faster than even a class 4 can handle. It's when using the card in a phone or tablet that a lower class might be better as they sometimes have better random write speeds than higher class cards.