Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Mobile App Feedback (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   SD App annoying glitches (http://slickdeals.net/f/5860148-sd-app-annoying-glitches)

leftfooter 02-16-2013 07:57 AM

SD App annoying glitches

I have one deal alert set up, however the app keeps sending me push notifications for every front page deal, as u can imagine sometimes this is 10 a day & very annoying. I've searched in iPhone settings and can't find a way to turn these off.

The Date always shows up as 31st December when I launch the app.

When you scroll to the bottom of FP deals or after a search it just says "loading" without actually loading any other deals.

I've deleted it a few times & re-installed it but these issues persist.
I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so not sure if others are having the same issues.

serra 02-16-2013 09:42 AM

is this sd's official app?

there are non-official ones out there

calistyle 02-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftfooter (Post 57620948)
I have one deal alert set up, however the app keeps sending me push notifications for every front page deal, as u can imagine sometimes this is 10 a day & very annoying. I've searched in iPhone settings and can't find a way to turn these off.

When you scroll to the bottom of FP deals or after a search it just says "loading" without actually loading any other deals.

I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so not sure if others are having the same issues.

It's the app from this thread, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by serra (Post 57622754)
is this sd's official app?

there are non-official ones out there

I think so.

slickdeals 02-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftfooter (Post 57620948)

You can turn off FP notifications in your settings.

leftfooter 02-17-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calistyle (Post 57625754)
It's the app from this thread, right?

I think so.

Yep, it's the official one.

leftfooter 02-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdeals (Post 57626416)

Thanks Admin, was able to turn off push notifications in settings. However, that turns off all notifications, including the Deal alerts I've set up. Ideally I just want to turn off the Front Page deals, which seems to be turned on as a default setting.

slickdeals 02-18-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftfooter (Post 57639238)
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdeals (Post 57626416)

Thanks Admin, was able to turn off push notifications in settings. However, that turns off all notifications, including the Deal alerts I've set up. Ideally I just want to turn off the Front Page deals, which seems to be turned on as a default setting.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the app. There is a setting in app to turn off fp notifications.

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.