Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   GUN: Springfield XDS .45 ACP - $532 + 5.99 Flat Rate Shipping - Grabagun (http://slickdeals.net/f/5864862-gun-springfield-xds-45-acp-532-5-99-flat-rate-shipping-grabagun)

studter525 02-19-2013 09:59 AM

GUN: Springfield XDS .45 ACP - $532 + 5.99 Flat Rate Shipping - Grabagun

1 Attachment(s)
Grabagun has the Springfield XDS for $532 with 5.95 flat rate shipping. This is about $30 lower than the deal posted a few days ago.

http://grabagun.com/springfield-x...k-5rd.html

$5.99 Flat Rate shipping on FIrearms, Free shipping on accessories and ammo.
NO Additional Credit/Debit Card Fees.
8.25% tax for TX residents

drjonez 02-19-2013 10:06 AM

That is a fantastic deal....if only the 9mm version was out.

DarkAmeba 02-19-2013 10:10 AM

I am going to wait for 9mm..... I am going to wait for 9mm..... I am going to wait for 9mm.....

ninjarobert 02-19-2013 10:12 AM

I so want this, but just bought a handgun. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BuckyBoy 02-19-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAmeba (Post 57683076)
I am going to wait for 9mm..... I am going to wait for 9mm..... I am going to wait for 9mm.....

I am new to this, so I just wonder... Why would a 9mm be a better choice?

steppedinit 02-19-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyBoy (Post 57683448)

Cheaper ammo, less kick?

ninjarobert 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m6284505 (Post 57683666)
Please research before you post.
No automatic weapons have been used recently, at least that I have heard of. Maybe that former LAPD Dorner guy but otherwise, nope.

It's extremely difficult for a civilian to purchase/own a fully automatic weapon.

dstmo 02-19-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjarobert (Post 57683826)
It's extremely difficult for a civilian to purchase/own a fully automatic weapon.

Extremely difficult AND Extremely expensive!

p.s. The XDs is an amazing pistol. I have one, along with several others and is my favorite to shoot and incredibly accurate for such a short barrel/small frame handgun.

ninjarobert 02-19-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstmo (Post 57683890)
Extremely difficult AND Extremely expensive!

p.s. The XDs is an amazing pistol. I have one, along with several others and is my favorite to shoot and incredibly accurate for such a short barrel/small frame handgun.

Maybe I should work for DHS [fbo.gov] :)

I have two XDMs. Just got the second one and haven't been to the range yet. Gonna pretty it up with tritium/fiber optic sights and a tactical light/laser first :o

studter525 02-19-2013 10:57 AM

Only 2 left in stock!

Sonic04GT 02-19-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAmeba (Post 57683076)

Haha trying to convince myself to do the same.

discounteggroll 02-19-2013 10:59 AM

Someone please buy so I don't...

Keyser_Soze_09 02-19-2013 11:01 AM

Very nice... Large caliber for such a small frame/barrel - for those who own, how's the recoil? Better or worse than a 4" .40?

memojo 02-19-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discounteggroll (Post 57684590)
Someone please buy so I don't...

Ditto

auferret 02-19-2013 11:06 AM

Don't forget to enter their contest for a Bushmaster XM-15 http://grabagun.com/giveaway

kbenson 02-19-2013 11:08 AM

Grab-a-bun takes a while to update site and VERY slow to ship. I think it may already be sold out.

BTW someone mentioned full automatic weapons. I had the op to fire full auto (was in the military)

You loose accuracy + wasted ammo. The newer military weapons have burst mode (I think it is 3 rounds per pull)

lb9123 02-19-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 57684628)
Very nice... Large caliber for such a small frame/barrel - for those who own, how's the recoil? Better or worse than a 4" .40?

The recoil is not bad at all. Granted if you have tiny hands and a small build, this is not the firearm for you. But if you are an average size guy, you will not have an issue.

uniquename 02-19-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbenson (Post 57684878)
You loose accuracy + wasted ammo. The newer military weapons have burst mode (I think it is 3 rounds per pull)

With how hard it is to find no one should be wasting ammo.

kbenson 02-19-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uniquename (Post 57685050)
With how hard it is to find no one should be wasting ammo.

Not hard to find, just very expensive.

New_World 02-19-2013 11:16 AM

hurry up and buy.
i want but to not need. =)

uniquename 02-19-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbenson (Post 57685108)
Not hard to find, just very expensive.

Point taken, and agreed.

poisonousjuice 02-19-2013 11:23 AM

Is this site reputable? For someone who's new to ordering firearms online, are there any other recommended sites to check out?

samsonn25 02-19-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moseby100 (Post 57683318)
Is this even legal to own? I'm shocked people still will buy this after all the massacres using automatic weapons.

I would argue automatic weapons are alot less accurate at the full auto setting than semi-auto, therefore less dangerous. Especially in terms of hits percentage versus shots fired.

crazyg4m3r 02-19-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjarobert (Post 57683826)

It's Difficult for any civilian to obtain one Legally, But how many people in the south do things by the books? you can go on any block and flash that $$ and buy a full auto weapon. :confused:

And to obtain one legally, Its as easy as sitting in a class room and Spending money to assure the government that you are certified and able willing to own a full auto. It depends on where you live and how much time you have to go through BS courses my friend :bounce:

xceebeex 02-19-2013 11:39 AM

I am still waiting for my pistol permit. I really hate NY state, it is taking way longer than it should (based on the estimated time frame of my application)

prochobo 02-19-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m6284505 (Post 57683666)
Please research before you post.
No automatic weapons have been used recently, at least that I have heard of. Maybe that former LAPD Dorner guy but otherwise, nope.
Pistols are not being banned and this firearm is in no way illegal.

By definition, almost all modern firearms are automatic. Fully automatic is a whole other ballpark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyg4m3r (Post 57685702)
It's Difficult for any civilian to obtain one Legally, But how many people in the south do things by the books? you can go on any block and flash that $$ and buy a full auto weapon. :confused:

And to obtain one legally, Its as easy as sitting in a class room and Spending money to assure the government that you are certified and able willing to own a full auto. It depends on where you live and how much time you have to go through BS courses my friend :bounce:

As long as your state or municipality doesn't prohibit NFA stuff, it fairly easy. Tedious, but easy. The hardest part is the waiting game. Pay $200 tax stamp, get fingerprinted, get form signed off by LEO, fill out BAFTE paperwork, then wait 3-6 months.

crazyg4m3r 02-19-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xceebeex (Post 57685786)
I am still waiting for my pistol permit. I really hate NY state, it is taking way longer than it should (based on the estimated time frame of my application)

I Lived in upstate Ny in 2011, Wayne county, right below Rochester, It took me 7 months for the Officer to even come to my door to acknowledge that I lived there, then 3-4 weeks after that it showed up in the mail.

Then you pick up your gun, and Any time you want to buy a firearm you have to make those BS trips to the County Clerk.

Now that I live in the south, I walk in the firearm dealer, Tell him I want 5 of those 8 of those and 4 of those, you flash your drivers license, hand him a couple stacks of $$, sign some papers, and walk out the door with an arsenal

Dumpsterdiver 02-19-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochobo (Post 57685880)
By definition, almost all modern firearms are automatic. Fully automatic is a whole other ballpark.

Incorrect.

Automatic = 1 pull, many bullets.

veryseablue 02-19-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xceebeex (Post 57685786)

Hi,
I live in NYC and thinking to buy a short gun. Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the permit. I am new to this and any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rockworks 02-19-2013 11:53 AM

Wait for the Glock 30S to be available.

prochobo 02-19-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumpsterdiver (Post 57686124)
Incorrect.

No. One example: 45ACP. ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol, originally for use in the 1911, which is not fully automatic, just automatic.

Technically, automatic means after a gun is fired, the case is automatically ejected and a fresh round is automatically loaded into the chamber ready to fire again after another pull of the trigger.

This is similar to the semantics of "suppressor" and "silencer", where the former is the more technically correct term, yet "silencer" is used more because that's what everyone calls it.

SALu 02-19-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

In self-defense situation, how accurate you can shoot, how quick you can realign sight picture, and how fast you can fire follow up shots is critical. You should never fire only 1 shot in self-defense situation. That being said, 9mm tends to have less recoil than .45. which means less muzzle jump. The less the recoil, the less muzzle jump, the faster sight picture realignment, the fast follow up shots, the higher the chance of survival. This is critical in any self-defense situation, even more critical if you are engaging multiple targets.

damnthatsadeal 02-19-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moseby100 (Post 57683318)
Is this even legal to own? I'm shocked people still will buy this after all the massacres using automatic weapons.

Flagged for your stupidity and ignorance of federal firearm laws. Your attempt to incite conflict in this discussion is inappropriate and useless.:wave:

rockworks 02-19-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veryseablue (Post 57686154)
Hi,
I live in NYC and thinking to buy a short gun. Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the permit. I am new to this and any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I sent you a PM.

damnthatsadeal 02-19-2013 12:12 PM

Contrary to a lot of what people say here, I've personally practiced with the XD .45 and the recoil is much more comparable to other 9mm firearms.

Dumpsterdiver 02-19-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochobo (Post 57686406)
Technically, automatic means after a gun is fired, the case is automatically ejected and a fresh round is automatically loaded into the chamber ready to fire again after another pull of the trigger.

Semi-automatic.

veryseablue 02-19-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockworks (Post 57686724)
I sent you a PM.

Thanks and repped.

DarkAmeba 02-19-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Mostly because I have other weapons chambered in 9mm. Not buying a .45 saves me from keeping .45 ammo around. 9mm is also much cheaper, which means I can practice more without breaking the bank.

Personally I prefer the ballistics of modern 9mm over .45, but that is my personal opinion. Stating that as a fact will turn this thread in a bad direction. :lol:

prochobo 02-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumpsterdiver (Post 57686748)
Semi-automatic.

Oh? So what's fully-automatic then? 1 pull, many, many, many, many bullets?

As I said before, I'm talking the technical side of things, not what the masses refer to as "automatic" because in the technical sense, it is incorrect.

Again, in the technical sense:

An automatic firearm is any firearm that will continue to fire so long as the trigger is pressed and held and there is ammunition in the magazine/chamber. While both "semi automatic" and "fully automatic" weapons are "automatic" in technical sense that the firearm automatically cycles between rounds with each trigger pull, under conventional usage a merely semi-automatic firearm is not correctly referred to an "automatic weapon" or an "automatic firearm".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_firearm

m6284505 02-19-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochobo (Post 57685880)

I'm not worried about definitions. As it appears, many people understand the simple term of 'automatic' to be 'fully automatic'.

It happens in the news, too, so people are used to using the incorrect term and it just becomes the correct term to the people who don't know. Right or wrong, oh well. If everyone started using either semi-auto or full-auto it would help but not everyone does.

Thanks for the clarification...

xceebeex 02-19-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyg4m3r (Post 57685894)
I Lived in upstate Ny in 2011, Wayne county, right below Rochester, It took me 7 months for the Officer to even come to my door to acknowledge that I lived there, then 3-4 weeks after that it showed up in the mail.

Then you pick up your gun, and Any time you want to buy a firearm you have to make those BS trips to the County Clerk.

Now that I live in the south, I walk in the firearm dealer, Tell him I want 5 of those 8 of those and 4 of those, you flash your drivers license, hand him a couple stacks of $$, sign some papers, and walk out the door with an arsenal

I live in Tioga County (fairly close to PA, part of Tioga County is actually in PA) and I am at almost 4 months since I submitted everything. The application says 1-4 months.

My references just got the questionnaire about a week or two ago. I have not been contacted at all yet for anything. So I have a feeling it will still be quite some time.

prochobo 02-19-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m6284505 (Post 57687476)
I'm not worried about definitions. As it appears, many people understand the simple term of 'automatic' to be 'fully automatic'.

It happens in the news, too, so people are used to using the incorrect term and it just becomes the correct term to the people who don't know. Right or wrong, oh well. If everyone started using either semi-auto or full-auto it would help but not everyone does.

Thanks for the clarification...

You're right. That's just like what happened to "suppressor" and "silencer". Suppressor is the technically correct term, but everyone calls it a silencer because everyone else (peers, media) calls it a silencer.

New_World 02-19-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockworks (Post 57686184)
Wait for the Glock 30S to be available.

yeah!

Dumpsterdiver 02-19-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochobo (Post 57687372)
Oh? So what's fully-automatic then? 1 pull, many, many, many, many bullets?

As I said before, I'm talking the technical side of things, not what the masses refer to as "automatic" because in the technical sense, it is incorrect.

Again, in the technical sense:

An automatic firearm is any firearm that will continue to fire so long as the trigger is pressed and held and there is ammunition in the magazine/chamber. While both "semi automatic" and "fully automatic" weapons are "automatic" in technical sense that the firearm automatically cycles between rounds with each trigger pull, under conventional usage a merely semi-automatic firearm is not correctly referred to an "automatic weapon" or an "automatic firearm".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_firearm

Did you even read what you quoted?

Self Loading Action (Semiautomatic), automatic loading of ammunition into the chamber.

They are both self loading in a technical sense.

Automatic firearm/weapons loads and fires when "on".

prochobo 02-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumpsterdiver (Post 57687860)
Did you even read what you quoted?

Self Loading Action (Semiautomatic), automatic loading of ammunition into the chamber.

They are both self loading in a technical sense.

Automatic firearm/weapons loads and fires when "on".

Did you read what you quoted. After the millionth time, I'm talking in a technical, not conventional, sense.

While both "semi automatic" and "fully automatic" weapons are "automatic" in technical sense that the firearm automatically cycles between rounds with each trigger pull, under conventional usage a merely semi-automatic firearm is not correctly referred to an "automatic weapon" or an "automatic firearm".

Meaning, a semi-automatic firearm is correctly referred to as an automatic firearm in the technical sense, but in the conventional talk, people just call it a semi-auto.

Dumpsterdiver 02-19-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochobo (Post 57688572)
Did you read what you quoted. After the millionth time, I'm talking in a technical, not conventional, sense.

While both "semi automatic" and "fully automatic" weapons are "automatic" in technical sense that the firearm automatically cycles between rounds with each trigger pull, under conventional usage a merely semi-automatic firearm is not correctly referred to an "automatic weapon" or an "automatic firearm".

Meaning, a semi-automatic firearm is correctly referred to as an automatic firearm in the technical sense, but in the conventional talk, people just call it a semi-auto.

And technically, you could call a gatling gun "automatic" because it self feeds the ammo.

But technically, all fire arms are manual because you have to manually load, manually point, and manually pull the trigger,..

Automatic is used by fear mongers to vilify semi-automatic weapons and should never be used to refer to semi-automatic weapons... technically speaking.