Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Refurbished Apple iPhone 5 16GB Smartphone for AT&T Wireless with new/ upgrades for $100 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5866540-refurbished-apple-iphone-5-16gb-smartphone-for-at-t-wireless-with-new-upgrades-for-100)

harry101us 02-20-2013 07:43 AM

Refurbished Apple iPhone 5 16GB Smartphone for AT&T Wireless with new/ upgrades for $100

1 Attachment(s)
https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wire...efurb.html

Non-moble link [att.com]

deonlee1 02-20-2013 08:39 AM

1 year warranty?

Rajan786 02-20-2013 08:42 AM

works with upgrade as well. Good find OP.

NewBuy_Slick 02-20-2013 08:51 AM

showing $325 for me

predation 02-20-2013 08:56 AM

i wish the damn $399 no-commitment comes back!

devils86 02-20-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predation (Post 57707144)

me too!!

toromac 02-20-2013 09:14 AM

no deal here folks. move along.

colleenbean 02-20-2013 10:30 AM

Nice find. Normally goes for $199 even with 2-year plan!

Beer_Money 02-20-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toromac (Post 57707528)

Go home, toromac. You are drunk.

damnthatsadeal 02-20-2013 11:05 AM

Might as well wait for the next launch this spring/summer.

Beer_Money 02-20-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnthatsadeal (Post 57710810)
Might as well wait for the next launch this spring/summer.

It will be iPhone 5S with the same design, slightly improved specs and a significantly higher pricetag.
Therefore, iPhone 5 will stay relevant for at least another year and a half as it will be virtually indistinguishable from iPhone 5S

murcielago5 02-20-2013 11:16 AM

does anyone know if its refurbished by apple or att ? thx

shogun714 02-20-2013 12:09 PM

Show $99 *2 year with no commitment pricing

damnthatsadeal 02-20-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerpong (Post 57710862)
It will be iPhone 5S with the same design, slightly improved specs and a significantly higher pricetag.
Therefore, iPhone 5 will stay relevant for at least another year and a half as it will be virtually indistinguishable from iPhone 5S

That's exactly my point.
Every Apple launch will undermine the market value of the previous model so it serves to wait. Why do you think Foxconn has cut production on the iphone 5? It won't stay relevant for as long as you claim since competition has already gained a stronghold on market share.

drbrock 02-20-2013 12:41 PM

why can't apple come out with a apple note 2. I love ios but am tired of these tiny screens.

gibsonbass 02-20-2013 12:45 PM

No fan war yet? I am disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbrock (Post 57713566)
why can't apple come out with a apple note 2. I love ios but am tired of these tiny screens.

I also want large screen but not as large as note2. Currently I am using note1 and its too big to use one handed.

cconklin1 02-20-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Repped for truth! If people have not figured the release by Apple by now, they never will.
That is EXACTLY what it will be..except I will be it will keep the same pricing structure..

drbrock 02-20-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibsonbass (Post 57713640)

I also want large screen but not as large as note2. Currently I am using note1 and its too big to use one handed.

I was thinking it might too big. But even the s4 is supposed to be 5 inches. Phones are getting enourmous. I mostly use my device as a media center at work. but who knows I trying to buy a note 2 currently to see how I like it from craigslist. If I hate it i will do a quick resell.

Regarding the iphone 5 deal. I think I would pull the trigger if I was in the market for a 5.

cconklin1 02-20-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Apple fan boy here. Love Apple...current phone...Note 2. Yes, it is big and not for everyone, but if you have big hands it is awesome. I always said if the Samsung Galaxy 3 came out by Apple, the smartphone wars would be over. Love the Samsungs but still like ios better...

rrc06 02-20-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Probably because Samsung got a patent on 5"+ screens and will sue the %$&# out of Apple if they do that.

CAMOKAT 02-20-2013 01:16 PM

$99 + $36 for upgrade (regardless of deal or no deal) + tax
No free overnight shipping though.

!xobile! 02-20-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Because Apple is all about less hardware for more money. God forbid if they come out with bigger screen. It is against their business model.

theattax 02-20-2013 01:40 PM

Shows $350 for me

chaoss 02-20-2013 01:41 PM

anyone know if refurbs come in original iphone boxes or just the phone itself

Lightbulb 02-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoss (Post 57715202)
anyone know if refurbs come in original iphone boxes or just the phone itself

mine came in half an apple box and half an ATT box

damnthatsadeal 02-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cconklin1 (Post 57713764)
Repped for truth! If people have not figured the release by Apple by now, they never will.
That is EXACTLY what it will be..except I will be it will keep the same pricing structure..

:shake: :facepalm:

dep411 02-20-2013 01:50 PM

I honestly don't see how this is a slick deal... A refurbished iPhone5 and you still have to sign a 2yr agreement... I wonder if you were fathered in the unlimited data, if they will change it by upgrading this way...

meh, personally I'd pass on this if you were out of contract already and hope the 399 deal comes back.

fungo45 02-20-2013 01:52 PM

Wasn't able to do it on the mobile site that OP linked. Got an error saying that I had to do it on the full site website.
I figured out how to do it on the full website, but it won't let me do the white model, and even though it says free overnight shipping, it's not free. But 2nd day is free so I'm not going to bitch about it too much!

JobTurkey 02-20-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Slightly wider would be perfection. Any bigger would be ridiculous. Besides note = iPad mini talk on that lol

Sent from Slickdeals App for iPhone & iPod Touch.

Valci 02-20-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbrock (Post 57713826)
I was thinking it might too big. But even the s4 is supposed to be 5 inches. Phones are getting enourmous. I mostly use my device as a media center at work. but who knows I trying to buy a note 2 currently to see how I like it from craigslist. If I hate it i will do a quick resell.

Regarding the iphone 5 deal. I think I would pull the trigger if I was in the market for a 5.

You wont regret... I had the iPhone 4 and just upgraded to 5 and HATE IT. IT is the same SHTI!. It is even weird being a little bit taller... So I went back to apple and got my money back and the guy from apple even told me that he didnt blame me, that I was doing the right thing of switching to a note 2. He even told me that he opened a few boxes for the iphone 5 black, and it was peeling from the sides...
So i got the note 2 and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! what a difference!!! i cant stop playing with it.

click2siva 02-20-2013 01:58 PM

I bought Iphone 5 16GB for $127 + tax Brand New with 2yrs Contract at Sams Club.
Why would i pay $100 for Refurbished iphone with 2yrs contract ?

kerusdotorg 02-20-2013 02:05 PM

i also have a time machine and have viewed apple's next products.

theattax 02-20-2013 02:10 PM

Not available for Hawaii residents

Trolololo 02-20-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valci (Post 57715674)
You wont regret... I had the iPhone 4 and just upgraded to 5 and HATE IT. IT is the same SHTI!. It is even weird being a little bit taller... So I went back to apple and got my money back and the guy from apple even told me that he didnt blame me, that I was doing the right thing of switching to a note 2. He even told me that he opened a few boxes for the iphone 5 black, and it was peeling from the sides...
So i got the note 2 and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! what a difference!!! i cant stop playing with it.

so the 4 inch is peeling... :shake:

and u got something 5.5 inch and u can't stop playing with :lol:

i don't blame u :wave:

fungo45 02-20-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by click2siva (Post 57715676)
I bought Iphone 5 16GB for $127 + tax Brand New with 2yrs Contract at Sams Club.

You wouldn't, because you already own the phone.

On a serious note, I don't think that deal is valid anymore. I remember Walmart had that deal too, but by the time I was able to upgrade, the deal was over.

I have no issues with buying refurbs - especially from Apple. Still comes with the same 1 year warranty, and every other refurb I've bought from them looks brand new.

joyjitguha 02-20-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deonlee1 (Post 57706670)
1 year warranty?

Nope. 90 day warranty.

Emjay 02-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toromac (Post 57707528)

Android Jelly Bean is better....moving along.

Quote:

I hate IOS... android has all the essential apps and widgets. Apple has no widgets. I sold my Iphone b/c I don't like their OS for many reasons.

sydam3 02-20-2013 03:06 PM

I think this are the best for people who already are with ATT. I have been using ATT refurb iPhones for the past 4 years with no problems. Usually what I will do is take it in to the Apple store within the 90 days and say something is wrong with it and they give you a brand new iPhone with the full year warranty. Not saying it will work for everyone but for both my 4 and 4s it has worked in the past years. Will be trying it again in a month with this one. Thanks OP!

PS- iPhone isn't worth a darn without jailbreak. All the iOS haters would love a fully tweaked iPhone imo... Me personally, Android is too sticky and sluggish. I like a smooth scroll WHEREVER I am in the OS and cannot stand the home/icon layouts, way to over-complicate a tablet/phone Android... But to each their own, they both have their strong points and weak points.

zhopa 02-20-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Yup. So when you hang out at Starbucks, you will not get laughed at. :lol:

zhopa 02-20-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydam3 (Post 57717310)
!
I like a smooth scroll WHEREVER I am in the OS and cannot stand the home/icon layouts, way to over-complicate a tablet/phone Android... But to each their own, they both have their strong points and weak points.

Really? Smoothness of scrolling is the one of the most important factors in your decision of the OS/ Phone choice? :shake:

elektrosha 02-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydam3 (Post 57717310)
I think this are the best for people who already are with ATT. I have been using ATT refurb iPhones for the past 4 years with no problems. Usually what I will do is take it in to the Apple store within the 90 days and say something is wrong with it and they give you a brand new iPhone with the full year warranty. Not saying it will work for everyone but for both my 4 and 4s it has worked in the past years. Will be trying it again in a month with this one. Thanks OP!

PS- iPhone isn't worth a darn without jailbreak. All the iOS haters would love a fully tweaked iPhone imo... Me personally, Android is too sticky and sluggish. I like a smooth scroll WHEREVER I am in the OS and cannot stand the home/icon layouts, way to over-complicate a tablet/phone Android... But to each their own, they both have their strong points and weak points.

Agreed with your PS. I got iphone 5 the first day it was available for preorder online and sold it on ebay the day i received it. Was using nexus 4 until jailbreak came out for iphone 5, got myself a used one in like new condition. I LOVE vanila android of nexus line phones and HATE android phones with carriers bloatware (i know i can try different roms etc, but for me it never worked the way it should, the way the manufacture rom works). Jailbroken iphone is as good as vanila android in my opinion. Another factor for me is hardware. Cant say nothing bad about nexus 4, but iphone 5 just feels more premium in your hand, i can feel the quality. This is my opinion.

Bigshottt 02-20-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colleenbean (Post 57709704)
Nice find. Normally goes for $199 even with 2-year plan!

$199 is for a new phone. This is refurb.

elektrosha 02-20-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhopa (Post 57717814)
Quote from sydam3 :!
I like a smooth scroll WHEREVER I am in the OS and cannot stand the home/icon layouts, way to over-complicate a tablet/phone Android... But to each their own, they both have their strong points and weak points.

Really? Smoothness of scrolling is the one of the most important factors in your decision of the OS/ Phone choice?

Before jelly bean it was a huge issue for lots of people (including me), android was not fluid enough and it caused lots of frustration

mikebpi 02-20-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valci (Post 57715674)

Something about Apple threads and the most retarded frickin comments ever.

Yes, I'm sure the guy at the Apple store said that buying a Note 2 was the 'right thing'.

The Note 2 is the most embarrassing piece of plastic junk I've seen. Anyone who uses the thing looks ridiculous.

thehash 02-20-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

the iphone 5 is virtually indistinguishable from my iphone 4 besides the specs and price tag and the cracked screen on mine lol =]

manutcs 02-20-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerpong (Post 57709780)
Go home, toromac. You are drunk.

you cant be serious if you think its a deal. bb pricematched iphone 5 for 127 to walmart til late january and those who had bb 50 bucks reservation of last year, paid $77 and tax, albeit with 2 year contract , so how can this be a deal?

Cozz 02-20-2013 04:27 PM

Not a bad deal at all. I wish it was Verizon instead.

But I had enough of the limited iOS features. I can't believe people still use Itunes. A micro SD card and I'll control how I want my media. Heck, even super old Blackberrys let you download Mp3s and Mp4s right from any site and those things are slower than slow....but it still lets download whatever you want to save to the SD card.

xHelio 02-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manutcs (Post 57718260)
you cant be serious if you think its a deal. bb pricematched iphone 5 for 127 to walmart til late january and those who had bb 50 bucks reservation of last year, paid $77 and tax, albeit with 2 year contract , so how can this be a deal?

It's a deal because you can't PM to walmart now can you? Good deals are based on what is available now, and not what was previously available.

And for someone that was thinking of getting the 4S, now they can get the 5 for the same price... so to me that makes it a good deal.

PS: I have a Samsung Skyrocket, I will never buy another Samsung phone because they won't update the OS to the latest Andriod version. And relying on custom ROMs is lame as all that I tried have one problem or another.

Joe270 02-20-2013 04:33 PM

Signing a 2 year contract is not a deal. Just my 2 cents....

Razgriz 02-20-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebpi (Post 57718136)
Something about Apple threads and the most retarded frickin comments ever.

Yes, I'm sure the guy at the Apple store said that buying a Note 2 was the 'right thing'.

The Note 2 is the most embarrassing piece of plastic junk I've seen. Anyone who uses the thing looks ridiculous.

Not anymore with everybody making their flagship phones 5+ inches now. While I though 3.5 was slightly small, everybody has now gone to the opposite extreme. I think 4-2-4.5 screens were the perfect size.

pakaroro 02-20-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHelio (Post 57718828)
It's a deal because you can't PM to walmart now can you? Good deals are based on what is available now, and not what was previously available.

And for someone that was thinking of getting the 4S, now they can get the 5 for the same price... so to me that makes it a good deal.

PS: I have a Samsung Skyrocket, I will never buy another Samsung phone because they won't update the OS to the latest Andriod version. And relying on custom ROMs is lame as all that I tried have one problem or another.

They do the same thing in Apple. I forget what iOS i'm stuck on my iPod touch, but once the apps started crashing, I wasn't able to restore / update any of them since the device was out of date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razgriz (Post 57719128)
Not anymore with everybody making their flagship phones 5+ inches now. While I though 3.5 was slightly small, everybody has now gone to the opposite extreme. I think 4-2-4.5 screens were the perfect size.

Nexus 4 is close @ 4.7 :)

mikebpi 02-20-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozz (Post 57718816)

But I had enough of the limited iOS features. I can't believe people still use Itunes. A micro SD card and I'll control how I want my media. Heck, even super old Blackberrys let you download Mp3s and Mp4s right from any site and those things are slower than slow....but it still lets download whatever you want to save to the SD card.

Don't need to use iTunes anymore - you can sync iPhones straight to iCloud.

Cozz 02-20-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebpi (Post 57719210)

So I can put music directly into the iphone without using itunes?

worthmining 02-20-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

yes, note 2 is too big now there are plenty jokes on internet about how people keep note 2 in pocket. It appears the 5" might be the biggest smartphone can ever be.

Besides, after used galaxy nexus for half year, putting my hands on iphone 5 yesterday felt immediately thankful to how smooth the touch screen works. iPhone is simply still the best. When it comes to non-tech savvy customer, it justifies itself to pay for the premium of iphone, no wonder why it's resale value keeps for a long time.

worthmining 02-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozz (Post 57718816)

In fact, I can't believe people still use SD card, have you tried iCloud or any cloud to sync up media among mobile device as well as computer? with today's perpetuate of 4G and wifi-N file transfer is transparent, effortless. SD card is just so last century, get over with it.

worthmining 02-20-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Is this discount still going in Sams club today? The walmart sales has been ended a month ago.

SD-77 02-20-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murcielago5 (Post 57711090)
does anyone know if its refurbished by apple or att ? thx

By att

Quote:

Originally Posted by deonlee1 (Post 57706670)
1 year warranty?

At least till September 2013

utsc 02-20-2013 07:34 PM

You need to sign up for 2 year contract with minimum $60 plan (voice min$40 and data min $20). I would consider the new T-mobile price plans

googcs 02-20-2013 07:38 PM

Last time I ordered a refurb from AT&T it was not. Missing headphone, charger and scratched up phone. When I returned it I was still charged all fees and cancellation fee. Do not ever want to deal with AT&T again.

iPak 02-20-2013 08:45 PM

im seeing 149.99.. same as new at radio shack.. no deal.

sydam3 02-20-2013 09:13 PM

Damn went to buy now that I am home and its back to normal $149.99 price.

alex77829 02-20-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

do you have the thread for that 399 no-commitment?
i want to take a look at that.

SD-77 02-20-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex77829 (Post 57724566)
Quote:

do you have the thread for that 399 no-commitment?
i want to take a look at that.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5558480-Refurbished-Iphone-5-No-Commitment-Price-starting-399-99-Att-com-Premier?t=5558480

http://slickdeals.net/f/5797980-399-Refurbished-iPhone-is-back-at-the-Premier-Store-NO-CONTRACT?t=5797980

Cozz 02-21-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worthmining (Post 57721398)
In fact, I can't believe people still use SD card, have you tried iCloud or any cloud to sync up media among mobile device as well as computer? with today's perpetuate of 4G and wifi-N file transfer is transparent, effortless. SD card is just so last century, get over with it.

Get over what? The fact that I need a piece of software to regulate what I can listen to? I'm a big Apple fan but please, do yourself a favor and pull your head out of your..... sd is the way to go. I can back up the whole phone including media to sd, buy a new phone and restore everything with the same sd card faster than you can connect to Wifi. This is why real phones have external sd and they don't charge you an arm and a leg for more internal memory like iphone. Also, list I checked, I can fit tons more in an SD card than I can on icloud.

I can go from 5% battery to 99% battery in one minute on a Samsung because of the backup battery that's always charging. I never need to be connected to anything. Too bad you can't do that on a limited iPhone. Maybe this is why sales keep dropping.

If you're simple minded and like being regulated with limited features....stick to the iphone. For everyone else, there's Android. If iOS what that good, why is jail breaking so popular.

slammdunk 02-21-2013 09:35 AM

Went through the upgrade process for refurb iPhone 5 16 gb at $99.99.

Order confirmation says iPhone 4S with same specs. Called to correct, CSA insisted iPhone 5 price is $149.99, wouldn't honor yesterday's price and insists I ordered a 4S.

I know for a fact my page and upgrade process was for a 5, I checked and double checked since I haven't seen prices this low. Bait and switch.

Beer_Money 02-21-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammdunk (Post 57734232)

Order confirmation says iPhone 4S with same specs. Called to correct, CSA insisted iPhone 5 price is $149.99, wouldn't honor yesterday's price and insists I ordered a 4S.

I know for a fact my page and upgrade process was for a 5, I checked and double checked since I haven't seen prices this low. Bait and switch.

damn lol that's a low blow

Bobby_Pro 02-21-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Believe me, the big screens look and feel good for just a few days. It's irritating when you have to use both of my hands to hold the phone. I am never going back to a 5.3, 5.5" display again!

rrc06 02-21-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjay (Post 57716636)
Android Jelly Bean is better....moving along.

I hate IOS... android has all the essential apps and widgets. Apple has no widgets. I sold my Iphone b/c I don't like their OS for many reasons.

Yup. iOS still hasn't figured out how awesome widgets and a good notification system on the home screen can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elektrosha (Post 57718088)
Before jelly bean it was a huge issue for lots of people (including me), android was not fluid enough and it caused lots of frustration

Project Butter with Jelly Bean is just what Android needed. Nice jump from ICS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_Pro (Post 57736104)
Believe me, the big screens look and feel good for just a few days. It's irritating when you have to use both of my hands to hold the phone. I am never going back to a 5.3, 5.5" display again!

I never want to go back to a small screen again. A Phablet is the best of both worlds IMO. Don't feel the need to reach for my tablet as much these days

mig0 02-21-2013 12:51 PM

Price is now $149 on the web site.

cconklin1 02-21-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

because you want to save $27 plus tax? refurbished iphones are as good as new ones imo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammdunk (Post 57734232)

yes, this seems likely. you are the only person who has had this problem....
sheesh...

darknight968 02-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googcs (Post 57722510)
Last time I ordered a refurb from AT&T it was not. Missing headphone, charger and scratched up phone. When I returned it I was still charged all fees and cancellation fee. Do not ever want to deal with AT&T again.

yea they charge crazy fees when you try to get out of the contract. i was stuck owing 100 for only having the phone for 14 days

fredandbetty 02-24-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebpi (Post 57719210)

You sure can, love it!

fungo45 02-24-2013 03:01 PM

Got one for my wife, and it looks brand new. Great deal! Now I'm glad I missed the $127 deal at walmart

rrc06 02-25-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fungo45 (Post 57799286)
Got one for my wife, and it looks brand new. Great deal! Now I'm glad I missed the $127 deal at walmart

Refurb vs new

Cozz 02-25-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrc06 (Post 57807762)
Refurb vs new

Doesn't matter. This isn't cowboom. Apple refurb products are pretty much flawless.

Neosnc 03-01-2013 02:02 PM

These are refurbished by ATT but still practically flawless. Most are probably returns from people who tried it and decided on another phone.