Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Free Ice Cream Cone at Ben & Jerry's Free (http://slickdeals.net/f/5866906-free-ice-cream-cone-at-ben-jerry-s-free)

dancergrrrl3 02-20-2013 10:44 AM

Free Ice Cream Cone at Ben & Jerry's Free
 
1 Attachment(s)
Get a FREE Ice Cream Cone at Ben & Jerry’s on April 9th from Noon to 8pm! :yummy:

No coupon needed.

As a way to thank our customers for their support and to celebrate 35 years of scooping the chunkiest, funkiest ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbet, Ben & Jerry’s scoop shops are happily giving it away!

Link to promo [benjerry.com]

800 shops in North America, Europe and Asia participate. Hours and participation may vary depending on your location, so be sure to check with your local Ben & Jerry's for more information.

brisar 02-20-2013 10:44 AM

Free Ice Cream Cone at Ben & Jerry's Free
 
2 Attachment(s)
Ben & Jerry's offers a Free Ice Cream Cone today April 9, 2013. [Store Locator]. Thanks dancergrrrl3

wikipost 02-20-2013 10:44 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Inpact 02-20-2013 10:48 AM

Yay free diabetes!!!

tennis8363 02-20-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 57710212)
Yay free diabetes!!!

Umm, Ice Cream will not cause diabetes. Yes, it isn't very healthy, but as part of a nutritional diet it doesn't hurt.

Just Vermont?

bitachu 02-20-2013 02:42 PM

are you sure its not just that one specific location that the OP posted which is having a free day..its not posted on the main website

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...e-cone-day

TattyBear 03-21-2013 04:29 PM

:thanks:

edplayer 03-21-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis8363 (Post 57710394)
Umm, Ice Cream will not cause diabetes. Yes, it isn't very healthy, but as part of a nutritional diet it doesn't hurt.



Oh yes it does! Just eat it once, u don't even have to eat it, just lick it, then BAM! U got diabetes :mad:

jj1jr 03-21-2013 04:53 PM

Can always go for some free ice cream. Thanks!

mike_miller 03-21-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitachu (Post 57716768)
are you sure its not just that one specific location that the OP posted which is having a free day..its not posted on the main website

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...e-cone-day

Anyone?

redmeow 03-22-2013 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got chunkmail from Ben&Jerry's about this. It should be all locations.

dancergrrrl3 03-29-2013 11:09 AM

Free Ice Cream Cone Day @ Ben & Jerry's: April 9th, 2013
 
Free Cone Day is on April 9th! Swing by one of the participating Scoop Shops and grab yourself a FREE cone! :yummy:

CLICK ME [benjerry.com]

SCOOP SHOP LOCATOR [benjerry.com]

"Free Cone Day is something we’ve been doing since 1979 when Ben and Jerry celebrated their first year of business! Ben and Jerry wanted to thank everyone for their support in the best way they knew how; with free ice cream!

Once again this year we’re giving away plenty of our classic flavors as well as some of our new flavors like Candy Bar Pie and Liz Lemon Greek Frozen Yogurt. If you haven’t tried them yet, this is a great opportunity to give them a lick!"

Votey 03-29-2013 11:51 AM

Way to repost your own thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/5866906-Ben-Jerry-s-Free-Ice-Cream-Cone-Day-April-9th

:facepalm2:

vtc268 03-29-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 57710212)
Yay free diabetes!!!

lol maybe for people with inferior genes

dancergrrrl3 03-29-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Votey (Post 58545616)

You're funny, I've posted updates to my threads in the past, and the mods requested that I post a NEW THREAD since it was a month or two old and they thought it was to old for anybody to really see. So, yeah, I reposted my own thread. :nod:

AND, B&J's has finally confirmed the date on their website.

I Love A Deal 04-01-2013 07:13 AM

April 9th 2013 - Ben & Jerry's free cone day 12 pm - 8 pm
 
Free Cone Day is on April 9th! So, make sure you swing by one of our participating Scoop Shops and grab yourself a FREE cone. Cone Together logo Free Cone Day is something we’ve been doing since 1979 when Ben and Jerry celebrated their first year of business! Ben and Jerry wanted to thank everyone for their support in the best way they knew how; with free ice cream! http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...-cone-day/

Once again this year we’re giving away plenty of our classic flavors as well as some of our new flavors like Candy Bar Pie and Liz Lemon Greek Frozen Yogurt. If you haven’t tried them yet, this is a great opportunity to give them a lick!

Looking for a friend to join you on Free Cone Day? This year we built a technological thingamabob to help you find the perfect friend to enjoy Free Cone Day with. So give it a whirl and Cone Together!

Needing to locate a participating Scoop Shop near you? No problem - just head to our Scoop Shop Locator,
http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...op-locator, and we'll hook you up!

general information again at http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...-cone-day/

devils86 04-08-2013 10:44 PM

Free cone day at Ben & Jerry's
 
Today only, participating Ben & Jerry's stores will offer free ice cream cones to everyone during its Free Cone Day. No purchase is necessary.

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-sho...op-locator

deal-slayer 04-08-2013 11:00 PM

Thanks OP. FYI "Today" = 4/9/2013

Jewell 04-09-2013 03:31 AM

thanks! :woot:

kodakman 04-09-2013 03:39 AM

Free is always good. Last time I went, I donated one dollar for cause.

FrugalFreddy 04-09-2013 05:37 AM

Thanks, OP.

tooslow 04-09-2013 05:38 AM

That's it; I'm closing up shop to go get ice cream.

slickdewmaster 04-09-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancergrrrl3 (Post 58547550)
I've posted updates to my threads in the past, and the mods requested that I post a NEW THREAD since it was a month or two old and they thought it was to old for anybody to really see. So, yeah, I reposted my own thread. :nod:

AND, B&J's has finally confirmed the date on their website.

Also, since this thread is dated back to February, it is to old for anybody to rep you.

So, I have linked this POST in the wiki, if anybody would like to rep dancergrrrl3.

olliverq 04-09-2013 06:05 AM

will baskin robins price match this discount

Boursin9 04-09-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliverq (Post 58751312)
will baskin robins price match this discount

what about free shipping

tkisling 04-09-2013 06:13 AM

Do I have to sign up for an Occupy MN slot too? I'll go get free ice cream but I'm NOT gonna ever support Ben and Jerrys.

warmwxrules 04-09-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkisling (Post 58751440)
Do I have to sign up for an Occupy MN slot too? I'll go get free ice cream but I'm NOT gonna ever support Ben and Jerrys.

In April 2000, Ben & Jerry's sold the company to Anglo-Dutch multinational food giant Unilever.[10] Unilever said it hopes to carry on the tradition of engaging "in these critical, global economic and social missions". Although the founders' names are still attached to the product, they do not hold any board or management position and are not involved in day-to-day management of the company.

tetzaboca 04-09-2013 06:40 AM

to all those ice cream haters, you probably get more sugar and carbs from drinking juice than ice cream. Cholesterol and sat.fat is another thing but seriously once ice cream cone WILL NOT DO ANYTHING! lol

slickydoll 04-09-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetzaboca (Post 58751850)
to all those ice cream haters, you probably get more sugar and carbs from drinking juice than ice cream. Cholesterol and sat.fat is another thing but seriously once ice cream cone WILL NOT DO ANYTHING! lol

Could get a fat ass :lol: Which I don't mind, but I don't want a gut and that can happen as well...

Doffo 04-09-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boursin9 (Post 58751384)
what about free shipping

No HDMI and only 1366x768 res. I am out.

Anyhow, cant get store locator to work so who knows!

iCheapo 04-09-2013 08:17 AM

I would love some free Ben & Jerry's, but by the time I get off work, the line at the local shop is already wrapping around the block. :(

XIGRIMxREAPERIX 04-09-2013 08:22 AM

and their website crashed....... guess ill never know were the closest open Ben and Jerrys is

As for the people complaining about health standing inline for 2hrs should burn enough calories for you to justify eating your SMALL ice cream.

abutcher 04-09-2013 08:35 AM

We have local celebrities scooping at the Detroit location today. One is an AM news radio station host.

blacksoxing 04-09-2013 08:39 AM

The Hard Rock in Biloxi MS has one

Last year...it was HORRIBLE. There were kids who would get a free cone...and rush back into line. Almost knocking others down! And just eat their cone while in line...

Can't lie - when I was a kid, we did the same at other places. BUT, we were always told to come back when the line dies down or in 30 minutes....

So parents, please control your youngins. That was the first time I've ever had Ben & Jerrys and probably won't even attempt to get any this year...

dpchrist 04-09-2013 08:43 AM

What are the promotion times again?

alicequeen.beaumont 04-09-2013 08:47 AM

B&J stores are too far though

sniperruff 04-09-2013 08:52 AM

why don't you guys just look up ben and jerry's in google maps?

SDaholic 04-09-2013 08:58 AM

last time they did a promo like this for yogurtland the one in san jose the line was madness. i wonder if my store is doing it, can't get the links to work

dancergrrrl3 04-09-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdewmaster (Post 58751142)
Also, since this thread is dated back to February, it is to old for anybody to rep you.

So, I have linked this POST in the wiki, if anybody would like to rep dancergrrrl3.

thank you for doing that :hug:

Mariika 04-09-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksoxing (Post 58754406)
The Hard Rock in Biloxi MS has one

Last year...it was HORRIBLE. There were kids who would get a free cone...and rush back into line. Almost knocking others down! And just eat their cone while in line...

Can't lie - when I was a kid, we did the same at other places. BUT, we were always told to come back when the line dies down or in 30 minutes....

So parents, please control your youngins. That was the first time I've ever had Ben & Jerrys and probably won't even attempt to get any this year...

I never understood this type of behavior. These kids are not hungry, likely had Ben&Jerry's ice cream before. Yes, it's not cheap, but not that prohibitively expensive and widely available nationwide at many grocers.
The fun is not to gobble up as many free cones as you can, but to mingle with friends and other people. Yes, this concept should be explained and thaught to kids.
Also adults may read label for suggested serving size and amount of saturated fat and sugar in each portion, calculated for adults, not children, do not think parents should encourage kids to eat THAT amounts of heavy foods.

ren1hoek 04-09-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmwxrules (Post 58751644)
In April 2000, Ben & Jerry's sold the company to Anglo-Dutch multinational food giant Unilever.[10] Unilever said it hopes to carry on the tradition of engaging "in these critical, global economic and social missions". Although the founders' names are still attached to the product, they do not hold any board or management position and are not involved in day-to-day management of the company.

Unilever...great...since Unilever took over Breyer's, they put so much gum in it they can't legally call it ice cream anymore...Breyer's Frozen Dairy Dessert! I saw for myself on Breyer's Butter Pecan this week. Boo!

CardnalSyn 04-09-2013 09:43 AM

in for free bj

Taylor.made 04-09-2013 10:17 AM

Got there 10 minutes before it even opened and dozens of elementary school kids and teachers were already in line. One teacher was reading to her students as if they were in class! I don't even know what to say...

goducks2009 04-09-2013 10:52 AM

Repped for being a Duck :)

And I like ice cream so there's that too

tixetsal 04-09-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ren1hoek (Post 58755796)
Unilever...great...since Unilever took over Breyer's, they put so much gum in it they can't legally call it ice cream anymore...Breyer's Frozen Dairy Dessert! I saw for myself on Breyer's Butter Pecan this week. Boo!

I thought that I was the only one that noticed this! I've tried to have a conversation with people about the way that almost all ice cream has been RUINED by gum additives, but no one has ever known what I was talking about.

It used to be that the plain Chocolate Breyers still did not have the guar gum, but I think that it also contains that junk now. :(

Wyndhamscams 04-09-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancergrrrl3 (Post 58547550)
You're funny, I've posted updates to my threads in the past, and the mods requested that I post a NEW THREAD since it was a month or two old and they thought it was to old for anybody to really see. So, yeah, I reposted my own thread. :nod:

AND, B&J's has finally confirmed the date on their website.

First time I have Seen a repost from the same OP haha

lilbuddy 04-09-2013 11:57 AM

Moe from Storage Wars Texas is scooping in Dallas/Plano, Texas today!

aznchris99 04-09-2013 12:07 PM

Sweet!!

jason1379 04-09-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edplayer (Post 58379302)
Oh yes it does! Just eat it once, u don't even have to eat it, just lick it, then BAM! U got diabetes :mad:

What if Chick Norris eats it?

pennsyltuckey 04-09-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbuddy (Post 58759450)
Moe from Storage Wars Texas is scooping in Dallas/Plano, Texas today!

Who the hell is Moe from Storage Wars Texas?

SAN_MARINO 04-09-2013 12:26 PM

Website is SUPER DEAD.

ren1hoek 04-09-2013 12:27 PM

Has benjerry.com been down all day? I'd like to check locations and hours, but nada.

BeerBellyBob 04-09-2013 12:30 PM

To find locations, just Google "Ben & Jerry's (Your Town Name)"

priscillyh 04-09-2013 03:44 PM

yayyyyy randomly came across it while shopping in SF. lucky me! (and no line)

kayoss 04-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ren1hoek (Post 58760502)
Has benjerry.com been down all day? I'd like to check locations and hours, but nada.

anyone know what stores are participating in the la area?

MyBallsItch 04-09-2013 03:50 PM

Shoprunner free delivery?

Yout 04-09-2013 03:54 PM

I figured something like this was going on, the B&J that I passed had a super long line outside.

zeta 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

The website is down for me

celee7 04-09-2013 04:47 PM

ommmnoomm

Pimp8o5 04-09-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennsyltuckey (Post 58759896)
Who the hell is Moe from Storage Wars Texas?

you dont know moe? everyone knows moe

gtmaster303 04-09-2013 04:54 PM

Blast! I see this now, and it's 7:54pm...

oldschoolsweep 04-09-2013 05:28 PM

Lines weren't too bad over at Sea Port Village in San Diego, there are two stores and I went to both, Didn't wait long at all. I guess not that many people knew about the deal, a lot of people looked surprised that they were giving away free cones.

AznCracker 04-09-2013 06:10 PM

yay thanks. For my store, they allowed us to pay $1 to upgrade to a waffle cone, which is twice as big

FalconX 04-09-2013 07:04 PM

wow this will cool me down!

alan713 04-09-2013 08:23 PM

ahh, came in at 8-02pm, they didn't give me ice cream, ((
won't come there again! (

mnsweeps 04-09-2013 08:45 PM

at least 100 plus people at the Valencia CA store...me and daughter just refused to stand in line for over 45 minutes and headed to Yogurt factory..

matkuh92 04-09-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardnalSyn (Post 58755994)
in for free bj

me too!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 PM.


1999-2014