Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   mobee Magic Bar - Inductive Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Magic Trackpad $12.99+FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/5871898-mobee-magic-bar-inductive-charger-for-apple-bluetooth-keyboard-magic-trackpad-12-99-fs)

Samsonit 02-23-2013 01:03 AM

mobee Magic Bar - Inductive Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Magic Trackpad $12.99+FS
 
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_1015...2179&aff=Y

yuugotserved 02-23-2013 01:03 AM

Mobee Magic Bar Inductive Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Trackpad $13 + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
1SaleADay via Sears has Mobee Magic Bar Inductive Charger for Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Trackpad for $12.99. Shipping is free. Thanks Repmequick

Price Research: Our research indicates that Mobee Magic Bar Inductive Charger is $9 lower (41% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $22 to $60. - yuugotserved

wikipost 02-23-2013 01:03 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Looks like its back in stock

Live again as of 2/25/13 11:00 AM EST

kmsimpson 02-23-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repmequick (Post 57774860)

I have one of these and I love it! Thanks OP, I'm going to get a second one for the trackpad. I wish they'd put the one for the Magic Mouse on sale. I absolutely love mine.

talonts 02-23-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmsimpson (Post 57774906)
I have one of these and I love it! Thanks OP, I'm going to get a second one for the trackpad. I wish they'd put the one for the Magic Mouse on sale. I absolutely love mine.


I have ended up with 3 so far - one for the KB, one for the Trackpad, and one for a spare, since it is half the cost of just getting another battery stick.

But yeah, I wish they'd put either the MM charger, or the KB charger with built-in MM charger on sale this cheap.

I do hate that everyone is showing the same picture that shows the USB battery stick in the TP, and this doesn't include it.

kmsimpson 02-23-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talonts (Post 57774912)
I have ended up with 3 so far - one for the KB, one for the Trackpad, and one for a spare, since it is half the cost of just getting another battery stick.

But yeah, I wish they'd put either the MM charger, or the KB charger with built-in MM charger on sale this cheap.

I do hate that everyone is showing the same picture that shows the USB battery stick in the TP, and this doesn't include it.

That's because it's the same battery stick for the TP & KB.

talonts 02-23-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmsimpson (Post 57774938)
That's because it's the same battery stick for the TP & KB.


Yes and no. Either can use the stick from this kit, but the picture all these sites are using shows the TP with a stick with a microUSB jack in the side, for direct charging. That is not included in the MO3212 kit.

cerver 02-23-2013 12:13 PM

in for 1, ty

eecyclone 02-23-2013 12:29 PM

In for 2. Just had to replace the batteries in both the keyboard and trackpad. Never again lol.

norse2 02-23-2013 01:01 PM

in for 2. thanks for spotting this. Much better price than Amazon & free shipping. Woo!

satanslover 02-23-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eecyclone (Post 57780826)
In for 2. Just had to replace the batteries in both the keyboard and trackpad. Never again lol.

You have to replace these batteries eventually as well, except they're like $30.

Emjay 02-23-2013 01:19 PM

Can you used this on android Bluetooth tablets?

hightop32 02-23-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57781444)
You have to replace these batteries eventually as well, except they're like $30.

i thought they were $12.99

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjay (Post 57781530)
Can you used this on android Bluetooth tablets?

what? no. this is an AA pack replacement with an inductive charger

jpatel330 02-23-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57781444)
You have to replace these batteries eventually as well, except they're like $30.


how long do the batteries last in these things on average use? So this is basically use and throw when the battery runs out or are there cheap deals for batteries?

dzap 02-23-2013 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 57781538)
i thought they were $12.99

Attachment 1804032

npolite 02-23-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjay (Post 57781530)
Can you used this on android Bluetooth tablets?

This is just the charger for the keyboard and trackpad.

hightop32 02-23-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpatel330 (Post 57781550)
how long do the batteries last in these things on average use? So this is basically use and throw when the battery runs out or are there cheap deals for batteries?

the battery will last a long time but will degrade over time, mostly based on how you charge it. i would expect that even after 2 years or so the battery would be good enough that even in the worst case you could slip it on the charger every night. apparently you can use it while its charging, so thats nice.

true sder protip: if you are going to use this item and you know there is a consumable or chance you might need replacement parts, go N42. :D

dvsdimsum 02-23-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 57781694)
true sder protip: if you are going to use this item and you know there is a consumable or chance you might need replacement parts, go N42. :D

Would there be degradation for prolonged non-use of the spare then? I don't know much about batteries, but to avoid that, then you'd have to alternate, which means you have to unscrew the battery and replace it every other use. At that point, you're putting in the same effort a normal AA batteries, which sort of defeats the purpose, no?

hightop32 02-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvsdimsum (Post 57781826)
Would there be degradation for prolonged non-use of the spare then? I don't know much about batteries, but to avoid that, then you'd have to alternate, which means you have to unscrew the battery and replace it every other use. At that point, you're putting in the same effort a normal AA batteries, which sort of defeats the purpose, no?

yes there would be some degradation from sitting, probably, but not extreme enough to warrant swapping as you described. perhaps something more like consider replacement once you notice severe degradation of performance in the one you were using, would be a more reasonable approach. note that it is a good idea to store the battery in a charged state, not dead. so charging it up once before putting it away isnt a bad idea.

... and in this case if you bought two, you'd also net another charging base (and cable) if for some reason that becomes convenient to have in some way.

alternatively this could be creatively altered to work in some sort of DIY/hobbyist project quite easily...

dvsdimsum 02-23-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 57781930)
yes there would be some degradation from sitting, probably, but not extreme enough to warrant swapping as you described. perhaps something more like consider replacement once you notice severe degradation of performance in the one you were using.

i see. thanks! guess i'll pick up another then =)

satanslover 02-23-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 57781538)
i thought they were $12.99



what? no. this is an AA pack replacement with an inductive charger

Even at $13 they're a bit pricer than Eneloops, at effective $6 per AA. Also good luck finding them for $13 when your final set runs out.

speedymarie 02-23-2013 02:11 PM

out of stock, boo

airali2001 02-23-2013 02:13 PM

out of stock :(

Ion Control 02-23-2013 02:13 PM

I'm guessing this will not work with the BT keyboards that take 3 AA's? The 1st gen ones?

nm, found my answer: "
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (2xAA Battery Model)"

jcjcace 02-23-2013 02:32 PM

deal is out of stock

ben_r_ 02-23-2013 02:37 PM

That is really cool, except for me the batteries in my keyboard last FOREVER. When they do die I just slap in another already charged pair of Sanyo Eneloops and Im good to go. I think if you already have an investment of low discharge rechargeable batteries like Eneloops you shouldnt need something like this.

hjm1231 02-23-2013 02:42 PM

looks like it's back in stock

JetBlast 02-23-2013 02:46 PM

just FYI ~ I've had the wireless keyboard since December 2011 and my battery level is still at 82%.

toromac 02-23-2013 03:12 PM

easier in my opinion just to buy rechargeable eneloop AA batteries. Especially if you already have rechargeable batteries and charger. I don't need extra crap sitting around my desk.

manofspade 02-23-2013 03:21 PM

OOS Now

xthundaz 02-23-2013 03:59 PM

once you check out is oos!

pimpc 02-23-2013 04:18 PM

crap. wish i saw this earlier.

DontTaxBeer 02-23-2013 04:34 PM

wow my ms bt keyboard 6000 two NiMh AAA's last me 6 months between charges, and my keyboard is curved for better ergonomics. why wouldnt they just allow people to use normal batteries? ohhh, right, i forgot.

cscamp20 02-23-2013 04:38 PM

out of stock...this looked like a good deal! :(

hightop32 02-23-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albundyhere (Post 57783994)
wow my ms bt keyboard 6000 two NiMh AAA's last me 6 months between charges, and my keyboard is curved for better ergonomics. why wouldnt they just allow people to use normal batteries? ohhh, right, i forgot.

you forgot you know absolutely nothing about the product? 'they' do allow you to use normal batteries.

this product is a rechargable replacement.

Samsonit 02-23-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cscamp20 (Post 57784042)
out of stock...this looked like a good deal! :(

Back in Stock!:)

DoctorTim 02-23-2013 06:20 PM

Still fail to see how this makes more sense than eneloops. It's bigger, more expensive and less versatile.

kimdotcom 02-23-2013 06:22 PM

OOS again :(

stevehip 02-23-2013 08:05 PM

I really wanted 2 of these, but it's now showing OOS.

talonts 02-23-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57781444)
You have to replace these batteries eventually as well, except they're like $30.


Uh, not if you buy an extra one of these for $13...

talonts 02-23-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57785178)
LOL, not only are you obviously a Microsoft bigot, you're an ignorant one.


To be fair, there's nothing ergonomic about the keyboard this is used for. Whenever possible, I use Wave type keyboards, they are much more comfortable for extended typing.

satanslover 02-23-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talonts (Post 57787136)
To be fair, there's nothing ergonomic about the keyboard this is used for. Whenever possible, I use Wave type keyboards, they are much more comfortable for extended typing.

"Ergonomic" keyboards cause me pain. So maybe the "ergonomics" is all in your head.

IksarMonk 02-23-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57787188)
"Ergonomic" keyboards cause me pain. So maybe the "ergonomics" is all in your head.


I sincerely agree that wave keyboards are the best. My Logitech wave keyboards at work have lasted 3k hours + each at work and home.

satanslover 02-23-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbcampb1 (Post 57787716)
I sincerely agree that wave keyboards are the best. My Logitech wave keyboards at work have lasted 3k hours + each at work and home.

Doesn't mean it isn't all in your head. It's amazing what manner of marketing BS people will believe.

cscamp20 02-23-2013 09:28 PM

All, the 1saleaday ebay store has it for $15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobee-Mag...2ec68384e8

okinawanmatt 02-23-2013 09:40 PM


Good find, repped.

cz9h3d 02-24-2013 04:54 AM

Eh... I have an envelop charger next to my iMac. Fresh batteries whenever I need then. This works much better than using up a USB port and putting more stuff on the desk.

dakarr 02-24-2013 09:34 AM

Back in stock! in for 1 :)

DjRashonal 02-24-2013 11:24 AM

It says no shipping to hawaii - horseshit!

Tshirt 02-24-2013 11:37 AM

For me, Apple keyboard and trackpad did not eat up batteries that much. The frequency of battery change does not justify cluttering my desk with yet another gadget. I guess it was not a good product decision to bet on poor design from Apple.

Right now, I keep a total of 6 Eneloop batteries for both keyboard and trackpad. 2 get replaced and charged once they are depleted.

talonts 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57787188)
"Ergonomic" keyboards cause me pain. So maybe the "ergonomics" is all in your head.

Or you have abnormal hands and wrists that don't follow the norm. Believe it or not, there IS science behind ergonomics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57787878)
Doesn't mean it isn't all in your head. It's amazing what manner of marketing BS people will believe.

Yeah, because a keyboard that makes typing easier, with less movement, and proper wrist angles, is all BS. All those people with carpal tunnel - it's all in their heads.

Go away, troll.

satanslover 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talonts (Post 57804194)
Or you have abnormal hands and wrists that don't follow the norm. Believe it or not, there IS science behind ergonomics.



Yeah, because a keyboard that makes typing easier, with less movement, and proper wrist angles, is all BS. All those people with carpal tunnel - it's all in their heads.

Go away, troll.

Of course there is science behind ergonomics, there is less science behind the MS keyboard. I don't have weird hands. Funny how a keyboard, in your mind, is only ergonomic if you have "compatible" hands, sort of makes my point, doesn't it?

Yeah, if I disagree with you, I must be a troll. But lets look at what you're saying: "proper wrist angles", proper by who's definition? You're basically saying it's ergonomic because... it's ergonomic. My hands move the exact same amount (hardly at all) when I type on either keyboard. My fingers move, though.

You're badly losing this argument, evidenced by your empty, circular argument and resorting to calling me names. I feel sorry for you because you're doing it in a public forum.

talonts 02-25-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57804692)
Of course there is science behind ergonomics, there is less science behind the MS keyboard. I don't have weird hands. Funny how a keyboard, in your mind, is only ergonomic if you have "compatible" hands, sort of makes my point, doesn't it?

Yeah, if I disagree with you, I must be a troll. But lets look at what you're saying: "proper wrist angles", proper by who's definition? You're basically saying it's ergonomic because... it's ergonomic. My hands move the exact same amount (hardly at all) when I type on either keyboard. My fingers move, though.

You're badly losing this argument, evidenced by your empty, circular argument and resorting to calling me names. I feel sorry for you because you're doing it in a public forum.

Funny how you think that because ergo keyboards hurt your hands, it must apply to everyone else, or it is a scam.

You're badly losing this argument, due to your complete ignorance in thinking that we are discussing MS keyboards.

If you quack like a duck...troll.

dcobb 02-25-2013 11:06 AM

Sorry for the stupid question but I assume you need rechargeable batteries within your keyboard / track pad. That said do you need a certain type? Nicad vs. hydride vs. lith?

The description doesn't really say and just refers to "Battery pack" for whatever the hell that means...

Turismo 02-25-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcobb (Post 57815702)
Sorry for the stupid question but I assume you need rechargeable batteries within your keyboard / track pad. That said do you need a certain type? Nicad vs. hydride vs. lith?

The description doesn't really say and just refers to "Battery pack" for whatever the hell that means...

It comes with the "batteries".

;)

Rawimpact 02-25-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanslover (Post 57804692)
Of course there is science behind ergonomics, there is less science behind the MS keyboard. I don't have weird hands. Funny how a keyboard, in your mind, is only ergonomic if you have "compatible" hands, sort of makes my point, doesn't it?

Yeah, if I disagree with you, I must be a troll. But lets look at what you're saying: "proper wrist angles", proper by who's definition? You're basically saying it's ergonomic because... it's ergonomic. My hands move the exact same amount (hardly at all) when I type on either keyboard. My fingers move, though.

You're badly losing this argument, evidenced by your empty, circular argument and resorting to calling me names. I feel sorry for you because you're doing it in a public forum.

LOL either troll or really dumb

satanslover 02-25-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawimpact (Post 57829106)
LOL either troll or really dumb

LOL, and your comment is so full of information proving that, isn't it, genius.

Quote:

Originally Posted by talonts (Post 57807362)
Funny how you think that because ergo keyboards hurt your hands, it must apply to everyone else, or it is a scam.

You're badly losing this argument, due to your complete ignorance in thinking that we are discussing MS keyboards.

If you quack like a duck...troll.

Again with the personal insults in the place of argument... so sad. More telling is that almost no-one has these MS "ergonomic" keyboard, exactly because they don't work.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 PM.


1999-2014