Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   8-Pack Moonrays Verona Outdoor Solar Lights for $14.99 (reg $30) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5878348-8-pack-moonrays-verona-outdoor-solar-lights-for-14-99-reg-30)

brisar 02-27-2013 06:28 AM

8-Pack Moonrays Verona Outdoor Solar Lights for $14.99 (reg $30)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sears.com

8-Pack Moonrays Verona Outdoor Solar Lights (black)

$29.99 $14.99 today

Free in-store pick up or
Free Shipping with SYWM

yuugotserved 02-27-2013 06:28 AM

8-pack Moonrays Verona Outdoor Solar Lights $15 + Free Store Pickup
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sears has 8-pack Moonrays Verona Outdoor Solar Lights for $14.99 with free store pickup. Thanks brisar

brisar 02-27-2013 06:49 AM

If you don't have Shop Your Way Max,
they offer a Free Trial [sears.com]. (to get free shipping on your orders)

USCsteveO 02-27-2013 08:25 AM

Not the best reviews for lasting longer than 2-3 weeks

nuprin7 02-27-2013 08:29 AM

Thx! Picked up some for the in-laws! repped!

develo 02-27-2013 09:17 AM

Good deal - been looking to purchase some of these.

And btw, there's only 1, maybe 2, reviews that I could find that have a problem with them lasting longer than 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't conclude that it's an inferior product because of that.

Arriving tomorrow with free shipping with my free SYWM account - can't beat that!

dabuddha 02-27-2013 09:28 AM

I've bought these from Amazon previously and they've lasted for over 2 years so far. One fell victim to my lawnmower but otherwise, they've been working fine. And even after 2 years, they're still lit up when I'm headed off to work @ 5am.

weikewl 02-27-2013 09:30 AM

Thanks OP, in for 1. Hopefully they last

JonnyWad 02-27-2013 10:45 AM

In fer 2. Thanks OP. Repped.

chunlily 02-27-2013 11:43 AM

Great find. Repped!

ambercrombe 02-27-2013 01:03 PM

Can someone post actual pictures of how they look like outdoors and fit in with the landscape or on driveways? All I could find on google images were the ones by the manufacturer for sales.

Adipose 02-27-2013 01:07 PM

Thanks.

fjfjfj 02-27-2013 01:13 PM

Told me OOS (at least in my area) for shipping, but available for store pickup. Still may be available for shipping in some areas, I'm guessing.

airventor 02-27-2013 01:14 PM

How did this make the front page when Amazon is cheaper?

dabuddha 02-27-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambercrombe (Post 57867838)
Can someone post actual pictures of how they look like outdoors and fit in with the landscape or on driveways? All I could find on google images were the ones by the manufacturer for sales.

I'll try to take a picture when I get home tonight.

Medic311 02-27-2013 01:16 PM

unavailable for shipping

it nabbed me right in the middle of checkout

i did in-store pickup though. not as convenient but w/e. still a good deal nonetheless

dabuddha 02-27-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airventor (Post 57868098)
How did this make the front page when Amazon is cheaper?

link?

jimgrick 02-27-2013 01:17 PM

Do yourself a favor and go with actual low voltage landscape lighting. Cost is more, but light is almost non-existent with these kind of lights.

yoshimra 02-27-2013 01:18 PM

They work good but when they stop working you have to replace the cheap rechargeable batteries in them.

These also go on sale at K-Mart during the summer for $20 for 8 of them in a box.

Medic311 02-27-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airventor (Post 57868098)
How did this make the front page when Amazon is cheaper?

i see a 10 pack for $39 on amazon. how is that cheaper than $15 for an 8-pack from sears?

maybe i'm looking at the wrong thing on amazon's site?

yeti79 02-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airventor (Post 57868098)
How did this make the front page when Amazon is cheaper?

Slickdeals has some kind of partnership with Sears.
That's why so many Sears deals posted by mods hit FP.

Medic311 02-27-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti79 (Post 57868262)
Slickdeals has some kind of partnership with Sears.
That's why so many Sears deals posted by mods hit FP.

they all have click-through partnerships with slickdeals (all being most of the big retailers) and yes, additional marketing ones as well.

that's why you gotta be careful when it's a mod who posts the deal and not a regular poster.

you hit the nail on the head. rep'd

airventor 02-27-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic311 (Post 57868246)
i see a 10 pack for $39 on amazon. how is that cheaper than $15 for an 8-pack from sears?

maybe i'm looking at the wrong thing on amazon's site?

That's the wrong light. Moonrays Verona = $16 for ten pack

AdyM 02-27-2013 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
$8 for shiping on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-li...dition=new

Menards always has those for $10-$15/8pack. Right now $9.99 after MIR. I don't know the quality difference.

auxiliary 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

$1.87 a piece is not that bad. I bough a box of solar lights at Target last year around that price. Will put them up this spring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimgrick (Post 57868186)
Do yourself a favor and go with actual low voltage landscape lighting. Cost is more, but light is almost non-existent with these kind of lights.


I hear ya, thinking about it myself. Will see how the ones I bought in August work out.
I have a few around the house right now, and would be nice to have light when you need it.
Doesn't help when most of the day is cloudy and days are shortened in the winter. Those are the days you want the real deal.

ToadKilla 02-27-2013 01:51 PM

not sure about these, but dollartree has them for a buck generally. not exactly this brand though. but solar lights. like these ones below.

http://www.dollartree.com/Plastic.../index.pro

airventor 02-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti79 (Post 57868262)
Slickdeals has some kind of partnership with Sears.
That's why so many Sears deals posted by mods hit FP.

Dude... They have a relationship with every company on the internet. It's called affiliate marketing. How else do you think they pay Selmabot's salary?

syyid 02-27-2013 01:53 PM

From everything I've read online (I haven't bought landscape lighting yet but researching), solar lights aren't bright enough and Low Voltage lights are highly recommended

D_Nyholm 02-27-2013 01:56 PM

Every year dollar tree has solar lights for $1 each. They work pretty well and I have a few that are over 3 years old and they are still going. I just buy a few new ones every year to replace or add to what I have.

gem55555 02-27-2013 01:59 PM

Dollar Tree has solar lights for $1
I bought one... it's not the most amazing thing in the world, but they probably give off the same amount of light as these things.

Rivulent 02-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airventor (Post 57869106)
Dude... They have a relationship with every company on the internet. It's called affiliate marketing. How else do you think they pay Selmabot's salary?

LOL this.

Mystearica 02-27-2013 02:10 PM

dead....

incognitto1 02-27-2013 02:19 PM

I just ordered 5 minutes ago and seems to still be available.

KatrinaG 02-27-2013 03:01 PM

We bought these less than a year ago and they didn't work well for us. Half of them work, the other half are inconsistent. They're completely out after a few hours. I purchased for $15 last year at Kmart and wouldn't purchase them again.

TVMaster 02-27-2013 03:35 PM

That's cheap!

sbx007 02-27-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimgrick (Post 57868186)
Do yourself a favor and go with actual low voltage landscape lighting. Cost is more, but light is almost non-existent with these kind of lights.

Agreed. These are ok for a month or until the lawnmower man trashes it. They are nice looking and if you dont need much lumenescence these are fine.

tim1dogg 02-27-2013 03:45 PM

Solar light location?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabuddha (Post 57861996)
I've bought these from Amazon previously and they've lasted for over 2 years so far. One fell victim to my lawnmower but otherwise, they've been working fine. And even after 2 years, they're still lit up when I'm headed off to work @ 5am.

If you dont mind me asking what state do you live in? I am in PA and after a few winter months I have had no luck with two sets of solar lighting. I thought due to me being cheap with my first set I got what I paid for. I spend much more on my 2nd pair thinking they would last longer and it really was not a great improvement. I am hesitant to purchase another set now. Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

muskans 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Ordered just now. Its still in stock for me !!

Medic311 02-27-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbx007 (Post 57871504)
Agreed. These are ok for a month or until the lawnmower man trashes it. They are nice looking and if you dont need much lumenescence these are fine.

or until someone steals them...no joke

rewdey 02-27-2013 06:38 PM

OK since these take recharge batts would there be any benefit of pulling them all out and tossing in the charger and cycling them through a REFRESH charge once every couple of months? I know the batts have a live hard die early cycle sometimes.

keithpreston 02-27-2013 07:35 PM

Solar outdoor lights are never a slickdeal. Not bright, never get a full charge during the day and the batteries go dead very quickly (usually under a year). If you want outdoor lights, get a wired low voltage set.

coldwinter 02-27-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithpreston (Post 57875616)
Solar outdoor lights are never a slickdeal. Not bright, never get a full charge during the day and the batteries go dead very quickly (usually under a year). If you want outdoor lights, get a wired low voltage set.

Poor quality. Got one this afternoon and found two broken cups in the box...Not sure if I am going to return or exchange it.

dronek75 02-27-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatrinaG (Post 57870692)
We bought these less than a year ago and they didn't work well for us. Half of them work, the other half are inconsistent. They're completely out after a few hours. I purchased for $15 last year at Kmart and wouldn't purchase them again.

Same (bad experience) here except for me I wouldn't take them for free...had 12 of them...they all ended up in the garbage by the end of that summer. Even with new batteries in them (extra cost) they were extremely inconsistent.

pacost01 02-28-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVMaster (Post 57871296)
That's cheap!

Dollar tree is the way to go. Ours lasted a year and a half and no big deal if they break.

kwaigonegin 02-28-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by develo (Post 57861706)
Good deal - been looking to purchase some of these.

And btw, there's only 1, maybe 2, reviews that I could find that have a problem with them lasting longer than 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't conclude that it's an inferior product because of that.

Arriving tomorrow with free shipping with my free SYWM account - can't beat that!

I have these.. you are right they do last longer than 1 or 2 weeks.. mine lasted about 2 months.. out of the 7 or so I have about 4 are dead 2 barely working and 2 maybe emits about 50%..

yeti79 03-04-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airventor (Post 57869106)
Dude... They have a relationship with every company on the internet. It's called affiliate marketing. How else do you think they pay Selmabot's salary?

The Sears relationship appears to be different.
It's not just affiliate click-through stuff like with Amazon. Seems to be sponsored "deals" that Sears is paying them to post.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM.


1999-2014