Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   GUN 1911-A1 .45ACP $400 shipped (http://slickdeals.net/f/5882584-gun-1911-a1-45acp-400-shipped)

Teldin 03-01-2013 07:55 AM

GUN 1911-A1 .45ACP $400 shipped

1 Attachment(s)
(my first deal post, go easy please)

Received a deal alert from Buds Guns yesterday. They have a TISAS Classic 1911-A1 45ACP 5" GI BLACK for $400 (cash & equivalent price) with free shipping. I'm a long time gun fan and I've never heard of TISAS, however the gun has many great reviews. Unfortunately the gun is NOT on the CA DOJ list so I can't purchase one.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalo...2+GI+BLACK

Factory New

Manufacturers Part # TZM11BL

Tisas 1911-A1 adds a stunning value to this famous reproduction 1911 classic pistol with such high quality materials, workmanship, fit and finish is just what you want. Made in Turkey by Tisas accordingly to international standards such as ISO 9001 and NATO AQAP, also tested in every stage of production for many challenging situations this gun may face. This is the reason Tisas products are very popular worldwide by delivering reliability.

By using cold hammer forged stainless steel barrel, Military Specification black finish (parkerized), with beautiful Turkish walnut grips, hard plastic case, this makes Tisas 1911 .45 ACP a stunning deal all around . America’s new 1911 is here ….

These guns cannot be shipped to CALIFORNIA, They are not on the CALIF DOJ APPROVED HANDGUN LIST.

Specifications

CALIBER
.45 ACP
MAG. CAPACITY
8 Rounds
LENGTH
8.62”
HEIGHT
5.31”
WIDTH
1.37”
BARREL LENGTH
5 “
BARREL TYPE
COLD FORGED FOR LONGER LIFE
GRIPS
TURKISH WALNUT
OPERATING TEMPRATURE
-40 TO 140 Fahrenheit range
SYSTEM
Short Recoil Operation System
Action
Semi Automatic / Single Action Trigger
Sights
Fixed GI Style Sights; Dovetailed Front & Rear
Tests Made
High pressure shooting test, Speed Test, Dispersal Shooting Test, Hot Weather Test, Cold Weather Test, Endurance, Salt, After Endurance and Drop Safety Tests accordingly to NATO and Turkish Ministry of Defense’s technical specification

jugernot 03-01-2013 10:04 AM

Looks like a nice 1911 from the reviews. TU!

EdMcK515 03-01-2013 10:28 AM

Damn I've been looking to add a 1911 to my collection, looks like a great deal. Now to just find a spare $400.

magnomanx 03-01-2013 10:45 AM

Guns like this make me hate living in California. But when I see beautiful women left and right I realize it's not so bad here.

igividen 03-01-2013 10:52 AM

Yep, just bought one a few days ago. I can't find a better deal on a 1911, considering the gun is built better than most thousand dollar guns.

I would like to point out that it cost me $414.97 shipped.

The breakdown being:
Sub-Total: $399.00
Credit Card - NO cash discount: $11.97
Shipping to Indiana: 1 Gun Insured - (full refund/replace for items lost/damaged in shipping): $4.00

Translation - Gun is $410.97 to the 99% of us who are not going to stick 4 Franklins in an envelope and mail them to Kentucky...

EdMcK515 03-01-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igividen (Post 57915468)
Yep, just bought one a few days ago. I can't find a better deal on a 1911, considering the gun is built better than most thousand dollar guns.

The breakdown being:
Shipping to Indiana: 1 Gun Insured - (full refund/replace for items lost/damaged in shipping): $4.00

Translation - Gun is $410.97 to the 99% of us who are not going to stick 4 Franklins in an envelope and mail them to Kentucky...

Figure most slickdealers have a credit card that gives 2% cash back. I treat Bud's surcharge closer to 1% since I'd be giving up that 2% for the cash discount.

ilivas 03-01-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igividen (Post 57915468)

The breakdown being:

They do e-checks

skwolf522 03-01-2013 11:37 AM

I think you can do a bank draft, but you have to wait for a week for it to clear. And it is not really a buds surcharge it is a credit card fee, that visa and mastercard scoop up.

bigpollack 03-01-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnomanx (Post 57915252)
Guns like this make me hate living in California. But when I see beautiful women left and right I realize it's not so bad here.

Until the earthquakes and tax bills come.

truzoom 03-01-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Guns can't reject your advances. :lmao:

ChetEB 03-01-2013 11:47 AM

scarpozzi 03-01-2013 11:50 AM

My recommendation is looking at ATI. They make a very good 1911 for a similar price. I've seen them for $399-450....but have heard some folks were selling them lower a few years ago.

They are actually built a little tighter than a Springfield. (meaning the parts are machined with less play/variance) We compared them to 2 or 3 different 1911s and were very impressed with the quality for the money. If you have the opportunity to check one out, do it. I'm wishing I had bought one a few years ago, but never had much desire for a 45 because of the cost per round. I like shooting paper and feel that my 9mm would do just as good at stopping an intruder as a 45.

jorapollo 03-01-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarpozzi (Post 57917288)
I like shooting paper and feel that my 9mm would do just as good at stopping an intruder as a 45.

Genuinely curious: what makes you feel that way?

MathNinja 03-01-2013 12:03 PM

Keep the gun deals coming!

valleypoboy 03-01-2013 12:06 PM

This looks like a great deal. For those of us stuck in California there's also the Rock Island Armory (RIA) 1911's that can be found for $450 and up. The come in all sorts of flavors like GI, Tactical, Commander, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorapollo (Post 57917600)

OMG, lets not turn this into a discussion on best calibers for home defense. Even the EXPERTS argue on the subject.

craezie 03-01-2013 12:08 PM

boo, I'm in the market for a 1911 but this one is not approved in CA

sdmahoney 03-01-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valleypoboy (Post 57917690)
This looks like a great deal. For those of us stuck in California there's also the Rock Island Armory (RIA) 1911's that can be found for $450 and up. The come in all sorts of flavors like GI, Tactical, Commander, etc.

OMG, lets not turn this into a discussion on best calibers for home defense. Even the EXPERTS argue on the subject.

Centerfiresystems has those Rock Islands for $419 on backorder, compact for $399 also on backorder. As long as it is on the list for Cali, they will ship to you according to the website. Other than the recent ammo price gouging, they have been pretty decent to deal with.

Xenomorph 03-01-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

That and the weather is the only thing preventing me from moving to a more gun friendly state.

marcos6 03-01-2013 12:20 PM

Take a look

Quote:

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Misc_Im...comparison.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/...AMMUNITION

^a good read

HomerJay 03-01-2013 12:21 PM

Good price but I hate Bud's and looking for a compact.

RaleighGuy 03-01-2013 12:21 PM

I can't find any good guns online lately, thanks for the post.

Vail Floinn 03-01-2013 12:26 PM

Move to Texas carry and own whatever weapon you like. Also NO state income tax in Texas!
Louisiana is getting ready to do away with state income tax. And Louisiana has no rules on what you can own in the weapon line. Additional in Louisiana we have a shoot the intruder law. Yes, I know that New Orleans is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. But north of Lake Pontchartrain and the City we all carry and the homicide rate in very low and it is mostly domestic.

TexasDude 03-01-2013 12:30 PM

Not a bad deal given the demand these days.

ajh52 03-01-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Pennsylvania is exactly the opposite...very relaxed gun laws and beautiful women are few and far between.

Evan55 03-01-2013 12:48 PM

personally Id rather have a rock island armory 1911 for about the same money.

lots of claims about the quality of this gun, but lots of reports of failure too.
id stick to a known quantity and made in USA

RickyBooby 03-01-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwolf522 (Post 57916898)
I think you can do a bank draft, but you have to wait for a week for it to clear. And it is not really a buds surcharge it is a credit card fee, that visa and mastercard scoop up.

That's true, but most businesses just accept it as a cost of doing business. Buying a $400+ item from a retailer who then passes on their card processing fees is a little lame IMO, but I understand that's how Bud's has been charging for years, so at least it's not a surprise charge for folks.

damnthatsadeal 03-01-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Please don't promote the stereotype that gun-friendly states only have hillbilly, crooked eyed, buck teethed women. I like my southern girls. :drool:

krisman2003 03-01-2013 01:02 PM

Please stop feeding the troll. Can't the mods delete posts that are irrelevant to the deal posted?

fitz0527 03-01-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

You live in the worst state in the country. Sorry dude.

hpdad 03-01-2013 01:15 PM

What 1911(s) are different from other hand guns?

I have Glock 19 & XD9.

It's just a simple question. I am new to hand guns and want to learn. Not any other meaning behind it. Please don't turn this into something else. Thanks

tooslow 03-01-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcos6 (Post 57918030)

I have an observation;
When I was shooting IPSC competition .45s were, generally, rated major and nines were minor.
The proof was in the pudding, FOR ME, when shooting the large steel plates.
A good hit with a .45 slammed the target to the ground.
With the nines, a wise shooter would keep shooting that plate as it leaned back, because it was likely to remain standing otherwise.
Kinda made a big impression on ME.

valleypoboy 03-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmahoney (Post 57917874)
Centerfiresystems has those Rock Islands for $419 on backorder, compact for $399 also on backorder. As long as it is on the list for Cali, they will ship to you according to the website. Other than the recent ammo price gouging, they have been pretty decent to deal with.

Those are great prices, but I know of a couple local dealers I can buy from for nearly those prices. When I picked up my RIA tac last year it was $449, the GI and compact were both less, between $429 and $409. When the prices are nearly the same I try to give my business to my local dealer(s). The best price around I've found is $50 for FFL and transfer fee, total. Our state really took the appeal out of buying firearms from out of state... most dealers are $75 to $100 for this service.

Could someone please put a muzzle on pointbob? he's spreading rabies through this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 57919744)
I have an observation;
When I was shooting IPSC competition .45s were, generally, rated major and nines were minor.
With the nines, a wise shooter would keep shooting that plate as it leaned back, because it was likely to remain standing otherwise.

A 9mm vs .40 vs .45 doesn't really belong here, but since it seems to be going anyway... There is no substitute for how much lead you're throwing with each bullet. The more lead, the more stopping power. The old (1950s?) ads for a 1911 claimed 1 to the chest could stop and drop a a man at a full run. I don't doubt it. Will a 115gr 9mm match what a 230gr .45 can do? I don't think so. Then there's the reports from our military that their M9's are not enough to drop an enemy. Keep in mind that they are required to use FMJ ammo. We do not have that limit. A good hollow point 9mm will create a would cavity that should ALWAYS be able to drop a bad guy. That's the key. Without the added weight of the bigger bullet you really need a hollowpoint bullet.

joe_sun 03-01-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan55 (Post 57918706)
personally Id rather have a rock island armory 1911 for about the same money.

lots of claims about the quality of this gun, but lots of reports of failure too.
id stick to a known quantity and made in USA

Rock Isands are made in the Philippines.

Does anyone know if this pistol has a cast or forged frame?

wrmanis 03-01-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

I have an observation;

This really depends on who set the match up. Generally, the plates are set so that 9's can knock them down with a solid hit. 45's will knock nearly any plate down, and glancing blows from 9's are penalized by a "hit-or-miss" knock down rate. I love shooting steel myself, but my glock 34 sometimes takes a double tap for one or two plates every range day. I have, however, been to matches where they intentionally set them too hard for 9's to get, which just kills me. Also, if you found a way to get your .45 into minor, you did something wrong. xD

joerocket 03-01-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valleypoboy (Post 57917690)

my first firearm was the rock island armory 1911. i was very uneasy about the gun purchase at first, as it jammed a lot. it has a recommended break in period of about 500 shots... it still jammed at around 1k. but after about 2k, it hasn't jammed on me since. loved it since. great purchase, for a great price. the only difference between high end 1911s and these, is the amount of personal attention each firearm gets. the nicer ones have polished feed ramps, and additional mechanics attention to certain parts of the gun. after that, the extra costs go into brand, marketing, and location it is made.

my currently only complain about this gun, or any other .45, vs a 9mm, is the price on ammo... if this is someone's first gun purchase, i would seriously consider if you want the extra pow per shot, which will cost you an extra few hundred with each 1k of ammo pickup (typical amount i pick up at a time)

tooslow 03-01-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrmanis (Post 57919872)
This really depends on who set the match up. Generally, the plates are set so that 9's can knock them down with a solid hit. 45's will knock nearly any plate down, and glancing blows from 9's are penalized by a "hit-or-miss" knock down rate. I love shooting steel myself, but my glock 34 sometimes takes a double tap for one or two plates every range day. I have, however, been to matches where they intentionally set them too hard for 9's to get, which just kills me. Also, if you found a way to get your .45 into minor, you did something wrong. xD

Mine was always major with just a little extra to compensate for temperature variations. We almost all loaded our own ammo.
One can, certainly, load a .45 to minor... though I can't imagine why, unless it was just an error.
We used to set the plates by hand wthout any calibration. Sort of like; "get me a 2x4 'cause this plate is falling over in the wind". We'd just try to get them balanced upright.
Nice to meet another competitor; howdy!

MyBallsItch 03-01-2013 01:38 PM

You californians should just get a prescription for this gun...
Medical 1911, for anxiety or paranoia.

marcos6 03-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

I have an observation;

Of that I have no doubt. But the original query was about an intruder - not a steel plate. The human body is about 70% water and a .45 or a 9mm would be equally effective all other things being equal. Personally I use RA9T in my Glock 19 as it will effectively go through denim. Now if the intruder has body armor...

As has been stated numerous times in numerous other forums - it is all about shot placement - but I am sure you know that already. ;)

That said, I think this is a slick deal - just make sure you have ammo!

midnightblade 03-01-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerJay (Post 57918042)
Good price but I hate Bud's and looking for a compact.

I see a lot of hate for Bud's but I've never actually dealt with them myself, is there a particular reason for it? They seem to have pretty good prices.

rickrone 03-01-2013 01:52 PM

retail is 410.97 save 10.97 and it makes fp? wow
this gun is garbage btw. you just bought a nice paper weight.
again retail is 410.97 from a no name manufacturer.

words I live by,
cheap things have no value, valuable things aren't cheap.
I own a kimber 1911, and a wilson combat 1911.
I will put my trust in these babies. money is no object when your family is at stake.

valleypoboy 03-01-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joerocket (Post 57919914)
my first firearm was the rock island armory 1911. i was very uneasy about the gun purchase at first, as it jammed a lot. it has a recommended break in period of about 500 shots... it still jammed at around 1k. but after about 2k, it hasn't jammed on me since. loved it since. great purchase, for a great price. the only difference between high end 1911s and these, is the amount of personal attention each firearm gets. the nicer ones have polished feed ramps, and additional mechanics attention to certain parts of the gun. after that, the extra costs go into brand, marketing, and location it is made.

my currently only complain about this gun, or any other .45, vs a 9mm, is the price on ammo... if this is someone's first gun purchase, i would seriously consider if you want the extra pow per shot, which will cost you an extra few hundred with each 1k of ammo pickup (typical amount i pick up at a time)

Was yours one of the early ones that had some off name brand magazine? Mine came with a mec-gar and I bought several more, but only mec-gar.

joe_sun 03-01-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcos6 (Post 57920404)
Of that I have no doubt. But the original query was about an intruder - not a steel plate. The human body is about 70% water and a .45 or a 9mm would be equally inefective all other things being equal.

Fixed it for you

.45 acp or 9mm both suck about equally ;) For a handgun round they are decent but I'd rather have a long gun in a gunfight but I digress.

The best advice I've found is find a caliber and a gun you like and practice with it.

joe_sun 03-01-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickrone (Post 57920722)
retail is 410.97 save 10.97 and it makes fp? wow
this gun is garbage btw. you just bought a nice paper weight.
again retail is 410.97 from a no name manufacturer.

words I live by,
cheap things have no value, valuable things aren't cheap.
I own a kimber 1911, and a wilson combat 1911.
I will put my trust in these babies. money is no object when your family is at stake.

Not everyone can afford to drop $2000.00 on a handgun, lord knows my wife would shoot me with it if I did. When were were dating I bought an HKP7M8 for $1600.00 new in box with 4 factory magazines. She thought I was nuts!

Don't be a gun snob, there are plenty of $400-500 firearms that work perfectlly well, now if this is one of them? I honestlly don't know. For a primary defensive weapon I'd get a Glock 19 over this. IMO this is more for those that want a beater 1911.

joerocket 03-01-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valleypoboy (Post 57921196)
Was yours one of the early ones that had some off name brand magazine? Mine came with a mec-gar and I bought several more, but only mec-gar.

yea, i donno what kinda mag it was... bought a few primo ones after tho. i hear mags make a big difference, but all different kinds are feeding it fine now...

COTU 03-01-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valleypoboy (Post 57919780)
A 9mm vs .40 vs .45 doesn't really belong here, but since it seems to be going anyway... There is no substitute for how much lead you're throwing with each bullet. The more lead, the more stopping power.

So, a 357 Mag has a lot less stopping power since it has less lead than a 45?:shake:

kbenson 03-01-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajh52 (Post 57918614)
Pennsylvania is exactly the opposite...very relaxed gun laws and beautiful women are few and far between.

Have a few jack and cokes, sooner or later that old hag at the end of the bar will look more and more appealing.;)

JohnM4626 03-01-2013 04:36 PM

Any other brand on competitive price range of same quality.

valleypoboy 03-01-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COTU (Post 57923662)
So, a 357 Mag has a lot less stopping power since it has less lead than a 45?:shake:

Exactly why I was saying the debate doesn't belong here. I was only scratching the surface. Take the .22 for example... one of the smallest, slowest bullets, but it's the most common caliber for homicide. :O

JohnM4626 03-01-2013 05:33 PM

any more brand option

jcp42877 03-01-2013 05:47 PM

Is it just me, or when I try to checkout and make an account...I never get the validation email. My junk settings are turned off and still nothing.

This has happened for Gunbroker, Gun Forums of Georgia, and now this one..

I have no idea why it keeps avoiding sending me the emails. All other site I join send the email right away.

Spock1234 03-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have lived in both Pennsylvania and California, and these comments are spot on!!

I liked CA better, probably because I care more about the women than big guns. Besides, I already have a 'big gun' that is legal in all states. ;)

pdmayton 03-02-2013 12:13 AM

I would like to point out for members of the US Armed Forces (including retired folks) and Law Enforcement Officers you can puchase this for $389 from their Law Enforcement site, www.budspolicesupply.com [budspolicesupply.com]

tooslow 03-02-2013 09:27 AM

I tried very hard to NOT make a judgement call on calibers; I started by saying "I have an observation". I am not an engineer, nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn, but I felt that I was seeing a difference between the terminal 'shock' of a .45 vs a 9 mm. That convinced ME that I'd rather a .45 than a 9 mm.
I am still in the 'dark ages'; I'm still 'stoking the fire' with Federal Hydra-Shok. The NEW stuffed hollow points give me the impression that we've moved on to something more effective for clothing penetration; glad to hear that you're on board with those.
To each his own... and you are correct; shot placement is everything.
President Ronald Regan was, I understand, mere moments away from death after being shot my John Hinkley... with a .22 pistol! On the other hand, I see that for 'those who have the need', the military is issuing .45s, again.
Food for thought... that's all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcos6 (Post 57920404)
Of that I have no doubt. But the original query was about an intruder - not a steel plate. The human body is about 70% water and a .45 or a 9mm would be equally effective all other things being equal. Personally I use RA9T in my Glock 19 as it will effectively go through denim. Now if the intruder has body armor...

As has been stated numerous times in numerous other forums - it is all about shot placement - but I am sure you know that already. ;)

That said, I think this is a slick deal - just make sure you have ammo!

tominct 03-02-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Your kidding me right? On the chance that you are not trolling to instigate a spit ball fight here you go.

The military side arm is now a 9mm. It was a 45. Military is not a "trendy" organization. They are stubborn and sticks with what works until they can prove they have a better answer for a specific problem. Any thought that a 9mm is insufficient for its purpose is uneducated.

"Experts" dont agree on best caliber any more than best beer or luxury car. Vast majority of time you only need to threaten force, not use it. Deterrence of 9mm = 45. Pushed further, I like both. Best selection for you is the one you practice with enough to be able to place your shots with high confidence because if pulling the gun doesnt deter the bad guy then you better hit the target or you might die.

jorapollo 03-02-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tominct (Post 57936414)
Your kidding me right? On the chance that you are not trolling to instigate a spit ball fight here you go.

The military side arm is now a 9mm. It was a 45. Military is not a "trendy" organization. They are stubborn and sticks with what works until they can prove they have a better answer for a specific problem. Any thought that a 9mm is insufficient for its purpose is uneducated.

"Experts" dont agree on best caliber any more than best beer or luxury car. Vast majority of time you only need to threaten force, not use it. Deterrence of 9mm = 45. Pushed further, I like both. Best selection for you is the one you practice with enough to be able to place your shots with high confidence because if pulling the gun doesnt deter the bad guy then you better hit the target or you might die.

No, I'm not kidding. Why so incredulous? I genuinely was interested in his opinion.

I carried a 9mm in the military (along with my rifle), so I am familiar with it's use and characteristics. I cannot say the same for the .45. I carried a .40S&W as a federal LEO and still do. What I do know is that there are a lot of factors to consider, and the military's use of a particular weapon does not necessarily make it the best choice for every application.

I never claimed the 9mm was insufficient, just wondered what the reasoning was. I agree about the one you practice with being best for you. However, in most situations, I disagree that threat of force is enough. Maybe I am in the minority, but if I draw my weapon, chances are extremely high it will be to stop a threat with lethal force. It is not intended to be a deterrent.

igividen 03-02-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilivas (Post 57916888)
They do e-checks

How long does it take an e check to clear?

igividen 03-02-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craezie (Post 57917738)

It might be a good idea to get out of California.

m10ren 03-02-2013 10:35 AM

It's all cool my babies, most everyone on this forum are all on the same team, :hug: no need for hostility. My 1st line of defense would be my 2 dogs, my 2nd is a Saiga 12 gauge w/ 10 rnd. mag. my 3rd is to pull an Osama Bin Laden (push my wife in front of me and scream like a little girl "don't hurt me") :D because at this point I can't find any kryptonite.:confused:

Quote:

kwaigonegin 03-02-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenomorph (Post 57917876)
That and the weather is the only thing preventing me from moving to a more gun friendly state.

wow! no offense but if you live your life guided purely by unknown women, gun laws and weather I think you really need to reevaluate your life.

MrBOFH 03-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m10ren (Post 57937424)
It's all cool my babies, most everyone on this forum are all on the same team, :hug: no need for hostility. My 1st line of defense would be my 2 dogs, my 2nd is a Saiga 12 gauge w/ 10 rnd. mag. my 3rd is to pull an Osama Bin Laden (push my wife in front of me and scream like a little girl "don't hurt me") :D because at this point I can't find any kryptonite.:confused:

You Al Qward you. :-) All I expect my canine kids to do is give me enough time to grab a firearm, most likely a handgun. If the intruders have hurt or are attempting to hurt any my dogs I can only surmise they have no respect for life and will act accordingly. Otherwise they will get a challenge and a chance to surrender.

I'm considering thie one but am waiting for the duo tone to come back into stock as that will make a nice vehicle gun.

ilivas 03-02-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igividen (Post 57937102)
How long does it take an e check to clear?

I' have never used their system, but I imagine it would be instantly.

Xenomorph 03-02-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaigonegin (Post 57937782)
wow! no offense but if you live your life guided purely by unknown women, gun laws and weather I think you really need to reevaluate your life.

I actually have. I'm quite happy with it.

igividen 03-04-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM4626 (Post 57924354)
Any other brand on competitive price range of same quality.

Here is a sweet deal on a 9mm http://slickdeals.net/f/5886520-Gun-Beretta-Nano-9mm-369-shipped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcp42877 (Post 57925832)
Is it just me, or when I try to checkout and make an account...I never get the validation email. My junk settings are turned off and still nothing.

This has happened for Gunbroker, Gun Forums of Georgia, and now this one..

I have no idea why it keeps avoiding sending me the emails. All other site I join send the email right away.

It's just you.

igividen 03-04-2013 12:23 AM

Obviously the 9mm is more powerful since the marine corps special forces use 'em http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=By-qa90ZXaI#!

Quote:

Yea, the 9mm was developed after the military realized that the drugged out Moro guerrillas in the Philippine-American War weren't stopping for the Colt M1892 revolver. First the Army adpoted the the 9mm on March 29th, 1911 and then the Navy and Marine Corps adopted it in 1913.

Oh wait... turns out it was the .45 not the 9mm. Well with advances in technology, space station orbiting the earth and what not, surely the special forces have switched over to the powerful earth shattering 9mm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feat...-qa90ZXaI#!

BargainSnatcher 03-04-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vail Floinn (Post 57918146)
Move to Texas carry and own whatever weapon you like. Also NO state income tax in Texas!
Louisiana is getting ready to do away with state income tax. And Louisiana has no rules on what you can own in the weapon line. Additional in Louisiana we have a shoot the intruder law. Yes, I know that New Orleans is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. But north of Lake Pontchartrain and the City we all carry and the homicide rate in very low and it is mostly domestic.

Arizona is better. This whole "no income tax" thing is smoke and mirrors. Sure, no income tax but the property tax is very high. A standard house will run you, what, about $4k a year in property taxes v's $1k for a compariable home in AZ? AZ has a TOP income tax rate of about 4% on income over $150k. I know which state i want to be a retiree in.

SomeDooD123 03-04-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitz0527 (Post 57919494)
You live in the worst state in the country. Sorry dude.

You've gotta be joking.

Piccaboo 03-04-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Quit hanging out in Amish Country :rofl2: you have a better chance when you move outside of God's Country - the middle of PA :D

We already have a 1911, but getting another one isn't a bad idea ;)

joesl8 03-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisman2003 (Post 57919204)
Please stop feeding the troll. Can't the mods delete posts that are irrelevant to the deal posted?

Just look at the first post if you can't handle the others?

MrBOFH 03-04-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piccaboo (Post 57981284)
Quit hanging out in Amish Country :rofl2: you have a better chance when you move outside of God's Country - the middle of PA :D

We already have a 1911, but getting another one isn't a bad idea ;)

*laughing* I have a 1911 in both .45ACP and 9mm caliber so regardless of caliber, I get to fire the same platform.

I like the duotone one so I'm ogling my mad money. Good thing it's out of stock right now.

krisman2003 03-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesl8 (Post 57984626)
Just look at the first post if you can't handle the others?

Yes you are right. Sorry I offended you.

fukops 03-09-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craezie (Post 57917738)

Buy an Auto-Ordnance 1911A1. Price about a $100 higher but CA legal and look feel closet to the real 1911A1.

tooslow 03-09-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpdad (Post 57919552)
What 1911(s) are different from other hand guns?

I have Glock 19 & XD9.

It's just a simple question. I am new to hand guns and want to learn. Not any other meaning behind it. Please don't turn this into something else. Thanks

I'm a huge fan of the 1911; seems like I've always had one.
Truth be know, it's a matter of personal taste (I know a fellow that stills swears by his Browning Hi-Power), and it is also a 'cult thing'; it's been around 100 years and still works very well.
Being a single stack .45, it's a little narrower than a staggered-stack pistol.
It's our history!