Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   20% off on all DIehard batteries @ Sears. (http://slickdeals.net/f/5886972-20-off-on-all-diehard-batteries-sears)

immad 03-03-2013 10:12 PM

20% off on all DIehard batteries @ Sears.

1 Attachment(s)
20% off on all DIehard batteries @ Sears. [sears.com]

You may be able to get additional savings with SEARS2013

Sale Price reflected in cart.

wikipost 03-03-2013 10:12 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Thanks to Steveb3163

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveb3163 (Post 57970494)
Purchase before 7am CST 3/4 and you will be getting an extra 10% off in your cart 28% total savings

Steveb3163 03-03-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immad (Post 57970462)
20% off on all DIehard batteries @ Sears. [sears.com]

You may be able to get additional savings with SEARS2013

Sale Price reflected in cart.

Purchase before 7am CST 3/4 and you will be getting an extra 10% off in your cart 28% total savings

PLUS you can get this Battery Charger [sears.com] 50% off with the purchase of a battery

Anime 03-03-2013 11:41 PM

With the 28% savings before 7AM and the extra $5 off, this is as good or better than the 30% off they have once or twice a year.

Excellent price for the Platinum too, ~$153 + tax instead of $200-220.

Amenite 03-03-2013 11:48 PM

The new diehard movie was not so diehard.

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

thach1130 03-04-2013 12:47 AM

no 20% off on their marine battery

OrGoN3 03-04-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveb3163 (Post 57970494)

PLUS you can get this Battery Charger [sears.com] 50% off with the purchase of a battery

That is true, but for SYWmembers (Shop Your Way) only.

DennisFranz 03-04-2013 05:15 AM

None of the batteries except the PLATINUM version is available within 50 miles of me. :)
For a truck as well !

shammo 03-04-2013 06:12 AM

Thoughts on these batteries? I'm looking for a 35n -- probably platinum, but it's not rated in that category on Consumer Reports.

Overall it looks like most of the Diehard batteries are rated fairly well, however.

I've been thinking of getting one of the better rated batteries from Walmart (Everstart MAXX-35n), but wouldn't mind the extra CCA that the platinum has... Just looking for any thoughts.

smallcapguru 03-04-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammo (Post 57974656)
Thoughts on these batteries? I'm looking for a 35n -- probably platinum, but it's not rated in that category on Consumer Reports.

Overall it looks like most of the Diehard batteries are rated fairly well, however.

I've been thinking of getting one of the better rated batteries from Walmart (Everstart MAXX-35n), but wouldn't mind the extra CCA that the platinum has... Just looking for any thoughts.

i recently had the opportunity to replace my H8 series battery on my wife's car with an everstart. the CCA is the same as the original AGM (advanced glass mat battery). the AGM's are considered 'sealed' and don't have the leaky electrolyte that the everstart maxx has, but i don't anticipate turning this car over, however, after doing some thinking, some thoughts that pop up. AGM and other uber premium sealed batteries take the eletrolyte level check out of the equation. if you are good at maintaining your car battery extremely regularly, then you'llb e ok with free eletrolyte/open type batteries. make sure you never deep cycle these batteries if they're open type as they do'nt seem to recover much more than 2-3 deep discharges before they crap out on you.also, from what i've read, you can't let the levels drop without seriously compromising the battery longevity.

the original 2004 mercedes AGM h8 battery that came on my wife's car JUST finally crapped out 9 years and 61K miles later. meanwhile the open/eletrolyte type battery on my 2004 denali has been replaced *3* times. I do believe in this case, i'd prefer to pay the extra $50 and get an AGM that might last a lot longer. the time spent looking for a battery and lugging it in/out of the vehicle makes it worthwhile to NOT have to futz with it every few years, warranty or no. And for those of us with batteries in odd places (trunks, firewall, inside) getting a long lasting battery is even more important from a nuisance factor.

oh, one last seriously big pain with walmart evermax batteries, you MUST have the original receipt to get the warranty. you don't have that with interstate or costco batteries with the simple punch out. you lose that receipt, you might as well get a 30 day warranties battery...

smallcapguru 03-04-2013 06:39 AM

check advanced auto and some of the good slickdeals they have on their higher line battery (autocraft gold) too. A certain rebate website combined with the % off coupons make the batteries a STEAL when you can get the right battery.

a lot of these consumer driven auto parts stores rarely have good truck stuff. i have two big trucks with old school turbo 5.9 cummins and it's a bear to find the double batteries. usually they crap out together as one battery just drags down the other so it makes it crazy expensive to replace batteries on diesel trucks.

for trucks. always get high CCA imo. Makes a huge difference between start/no start in super cold/run down battery situations.

check your dimensions and your polarity direction. for some reason, i've had AMAZING results with the diesel trucks with 'farm and truck' batteries. size 31. 950-1000 cca. great reserve and the diesels turn over instantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisFranz (Post 57973884)
None of the batteries except the PLATINUM version is available within 50 miles of me. :)
For a truck as well !

far 03-04-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammo (Post 57974656)

Walmart no longer offers pro-rated batteries. The Everstart is a 3 year warranty. That is all you get. After that, you are left holding the bag, or battery in this case.

ReverseHandedJO 03-04-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by far (Post 57975326)
Walmart no longer offers pro-rated batteries. The Everstart is a 3 year warranty. That is all you get. After that, you are left holding the bag, or battery in this case.

i got 6 years out of my last everstart battery from walmart. i would have probably got a couple of more months, but didnt want to push it any more.

the everstart battery before that lasted a month over 5 years.

i purchased this last battery last year so i guess i got in on the old pro-rated battery terms before the change.

DennisFranz 03-04-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcapguru (Post 57975170)
check advanced auto and some of the good slickdeals they have on their higher line battery (autocraft gold) too. A certain rebate website combined with the % off coupons make the batteries a STEAL when you can get the right battery.

a lot of these consumer driven auto parts stores rarely have good truck stuff. i have two big trucks with old school turbo 5.9 cummins and it's a bear to find the double batteries. usually they crap out together as one battery just drags down the other so it makes it crazy expensive to replace batteries on diesel trucks.

for trucks. always get high CCA imo. Makes a huge difference between start/no start in super cold/run down battery situations.

check your dimensions and your polarity direction. for some reason, i've had AMAZING results with the diesel trucks with 'farm and truck' batteries. size 31. 950-1000 cca. great reserve and the diesels turn over instantly.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I was looking for an F150 but yeah, the F250's 7.3L TD always is a kick in the wallet when those batteries go out.

davel.usa 03-04-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by far (Post 57975326)

I have had bad luck with Walmart batteries. The last one I had was replaced 4 times under warranty. That is within the 3 year period! I had the truck checked for electrical problems after replacing it the 3rd time. I explained this to the associate at Walmart and he said "Nah, its probably the batteries - people replace them all the time under warranty." Bought a battery from Advance Auto and haven't had any issues for over a year and a half.

DJRobNM 03-04-2013 07:50 AM

What's the word on Costco batteries? My car wouldn't start this morning and Costco has my battery for $73, which is cheaper that the cheapest Sears battery.

Anime 03-04-2013 11:34 AM

Depends on the battery and the warranty. If you get a 3-year warranty on that, go for it.

Generally the "Gold" batteries, whether the DieHard Gold at Sears or the Autocraft Gold at Advance Auto Parts, are the best bang for the buck for most people that just need a regular battery for their cars and want decent quality and a decent warranty and a deal on the price. You may pay $50-100 for the battery, but you're also getting a battery that has better construction than the cheap ones and should last well out of the warranty period. That's how they make money, so it's to their benefit to make a battery that lasts longer than the warranty. It's also why cheap batteries are a bad idea if you want it to last more than a year or two.

Also keep in mind, there are only a few companies in the country that actually make these things, the brand name stickers on them are just marketing. The batteries at walmart and costco are the same things as at a lot of other stores.

The battery that is really different is the Sears DieHard platinum, which is a USA-made AGM dry-cel battery, the same thing as the military-grade Odyssey brand of dry cel batteries that cost hundreds of dollars each. And Sears sells them for $200, or less on sale. Besides the higher power rating and longer warranty, the other benefit is no corrosion.

br0theralex 03-04-2013 12:14 PM

i saved money at costcow. 100month battery is 8+ years of service.

DJRobNM 03-04-2013 01:57 PM

I did a little more research and found nothing but good reviews on Costco batteries. This is my first battery swap on my 2003 FX45. If this one lasts half as long I'll be happy.

VladC 03-04-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRobNM (Post 57976808)
What's the word on Costco batteries? My car wouldn't start this morning and Costco has my battery for $73, which is cheaper that the cheapest Sears battery.

I've got a kick out of reading this thread? Do you guys really believe that the lead and acid and plastic you get in a battery is any different at another store? Produced on the same 3 major OEM plants? The paperwork and stickers (of all kinds) are different, that's for sure.

DJRobNM 03-04-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladC (Post 57993662)
I've got a kick out of reading this thread? Do you guys really believe that the lead and acid and plastic you get in a battery is any different at another store? Produced on the same 3 major OEM plants? The paperwork and stickers (of all kinds) are different, that's for sure.

So buy the cheapest one, which was from Costco, which was what I did.

The Sears one costs $125 and is one sale for $99 whereas the Costco one with the same rating costs $73.

VladC 03-04-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRobNM (Post 57994830)
So buy the cheapest one, which was from Costco, which was what I did.

Well, paperwork (a.k.a. warranty) may also be an important factor. I think that is why 'more expensive' batteries cost more :) (apart from marketing'n'stupidity, ignorance and vainglory mixture).

DJRobNM 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladC (Post 57994888)
Well, paperwork (a.k.a. warranty) may also be an important factor. I think that is why 'more expensive' batteries cost more :) (apart from marketing'n'stupidity, ignorance and vainglory mixture).

I think the Costco one has a 100 month warranty and like everything else from Costco, their return policies are second to none. I'll have to get some specifics.

Only downside to Costco is you have to install it yourself.

VladC 03-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRobNM (Post 57995348)
Only downside to Costco is you have to install it yourself.

It's a plus, IMHO. First, nobody could screw it up and, secondly, if it happened you would know who to blame! My kid used to do it for living and I know how little these guys know... never washing the terminals, for example, at that time. Besides, it's a little project fun.
I agree with you but personally I'm a Walmart guy.

MNYMGR1 03-05-2013 04:27 AM

deal dead ??

the 20% off Sears batteries died yesterday ?
I am not getting any discount on the $220 AGM battery in my cart. I went all the way to the checkout page (did not enter any code)

I did get the 50% off battery charger, not really sure if I need a $15 battery charger to be honest. I don't even know if that's a good price or not.

If I could stack the 20% off, with a few other cashbacks, discounts, would pull the trigger. But not at $220 + tax.
===============================

yep, seems dead to me. I clicked on the link at sears for 20% off, comes up with only Lawn&Garden Diehard batteries.
too bad, would have bought that AGM battery today.

txab 03-05-2013 06:41 AM

Yep. The battery deals usually only run 1 day

WhipperSnapper 03-09-2013 03:50 PM

Any chance Sears will have a deal tomorrow?

Jobronie 03-10-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davel.usa (Post 57975712)
I have had bad luck with Walmart batteries. The last one I had was replaced 4 times under warranty. That is within the 3 year period! I had the truck checked for electrical problems after replacing it the 3rd time. I explained this to the associate at Walmart and he said "Nah, its probably the batteries - people replace them all the time under warranty." Bought a battery from Advance Auto and haven't had any issues for over a year and a half.

Amen to that w/r/t Walmart batteries. Car wouldn't start twice this week, but the battery is only 2y4m old, so my immediate thought was the alternator. Until I googled my specific Walmart battery. Wow, that was eye opening.

Looking for a deal today as well.........

Jobronie 03-10-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper (Post 58110712)
Any chance Sears will have a deal tomorrow?

Advance Auto has 20% off today only with MAC8 if you order online for instore pickup; it's right on their front page. I need a battery right now, and that's the best deal I've found today. Not sure how their batteries are, tho, nor if the 20% of just a marketing come-on....

amex1007 03-10-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobronie (Post 58121066)
Advance Auto has 20% off today only with MAC8 if you order online for instore pickup; it's right on their front page. I need a battery right now, and that's the best deal I've found today. Not sure how their batteries are, tho, nor if the 20% of just a marketing come-on....

Use online code MEMBERS to get 20% back in points on Automotive purchase today online at sears or use SAVENOW to get 10% off

Also Shopdiscover or CB sites makes the purchase at sears more affordable