Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (Organic Rainforest Blend) $27.50 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5891662-80-count-san-francisco-bay-coffee-onecup-for-keurig-k-cup-brewers-organic-rainforest-blend-27-50-free-shipping)

DVS12 03-06-2013 08:32 AM

80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (Organic Rainforest Blend) $27.50 + Free Shipping

3 Attachment(s)
This is my first post, searched and did not see this available anywhere else.

Amazon [amazon.com] [amazon.com] has the San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Organic Rainforest Blend, 80-Count marked down to as low as $27.55 ($0.34/cup) when you check out with Subcribe and Save. Without S&S, the price is still only $29.00 ($0.36 / cup).

Shipping is free with both options.

This is $4 less than the lowest previous price on Amazon for this organic, free trade blend and priced the same as a previous front page deal. Link

Or, if you prefer Green Mountain Nantucket Blend - Amazon Warehouse Deals has an 80-Count available for $33.16 - Link [amazon.com]

I assume the quantities are limited on the Nantucket Blend given it is available through warehouse deals.

brisar 03-06-2013 08:32 AM

80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (Organic Rainforest Blend) $27.50 + Free Shipping

2 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has 80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (Organic Rainforest Blend) for $27.55 when you checkout via "subscribe & save". Shipping is free. Thanks DVS12

Now available, Amazon.com has 80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (several varieties) for $26.12 when you checkout via "subscribe & save". Shipping is free. Thanks freeguy007 [Discuss]

Note: You may cancel subscribe & save anytime after your order ships.

wikipost 03-06-2013 08:32 AM

Product/deal info wiki

NOTE: These are not "real" K-cups. They are a "green" cup with a solid ring, foil, and a bag of coffee that fit in a standard K-cup brewer. They brew very similarly to a standard K-cup, but if you share your brewer with a tea or cocoa drinker, you may want to rinse the K-cup holder after use.

They usually come as a box of 8-count sealed packs and an air-tight container to store the open cups. However, if you don't drink coffee daily, these may not stay fresh as long as a standard K-cup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Side note: Can we stop using the wiki for "I don't like this product" comments? That's not what it's for. Product/deal info is fine. Read through the posts for opinions.)

yourlefthand 03-06-2013 08:45 AM

I recommend trying a smaller package of the SFBay 'k-cups'. They aren't sealed on the bottom, so they are best stored in a cooled place. We tried some from a local grocery store and weren't happy with the flavor or the lowered convenience.

steppedinit 03-06-2013 08:55 AM

I really like their FogLifter, so going to try this one. Never had any problem with freshness since they come 6(?) to a sealed pack.

zergie808 03-06-2013 09:00 AM

And they also ship with plastic storage container for the opened bags (at least on the latest purchase of Fog Lifter and Breakfast Blend).

phillylex 03-06-2013 09:11 AM

Repost. OP, did you try searching for Keurig?

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5866914-80Ct-San-Francisco-Bay-Coffee-OneCup-for-Keurig-K-Cup-Brewers-Breakfast-Blend-27-50-Free-shipping?

thecents2save 03-06-2013 09:30 AM

Hmm...I had this exact item saved in my cart for the next time I wanted to buy organic ones. However, I was just noticing today that the item description AND photo has changed to the non-organic one on this particular item now.

Just a note to folks to beware if you are looking for the organic ones, because this possibly isn't. It looks like the organic ones come in a different colored box with the USDA organic green seal right on the front [amazon.com] (see link).

DVS12 03-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 58031342)

This is for a different blend (Organic Rainforest - Fair Trade) that is regularly $33.00 and is now the same price as the other deal - $4.00 cheaper than it has ever been on Amazon.

DVS12 03-06-2013 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecents2save (Post 58031800)
Hmm...I had this exact item saved in my cart for the next time I wanted to buy organic ones. However, I was just noticing today that the item description AND photo has changed to the non-organic one on this particular item now.

Just a note to folks to beware if you are looking for the organic ones, because this possibly isn't. It looks like the organic ones come in a different colored box with the USDA organic green seal right on the front [amazon.com] (see link).

If you look at the description (see picture) on Amazon when searching it still states that this product is Organic and the user submitted pictures for this product do have the green top. [amazon.com]

The Wolverine 03-06-2013 10:34 AM

Fog Chaser is pretty good, they come in 10 8 pack sealed packages with a plastic container to hold the opened package.
They are organic and fair trade coffee.

mjv5864 03-06-2013 11:06 AM

Is Fog Chaser a BOLD coffee? I hate weak coffee.

av8nautiger 03-06-2013 11:14 AM

We really like SF coffe and their cups are at least somewhat environment friendly. I'm waiting for the day when millions of used k-cups begin washing up on beaches. Fog chaser is good so we are giving this a try.

jcrash 03-06-2013 11:17 AM

We tried these at our house...ended up getting a refund from amazon...very bitter.

Nate650 03-06-2013 11:20 AM

Just wanted to point out that some coffee can be assumed to be organic even without the "USDA Organic" seal. Here are some replies I received from Four Barrel and Sweet Maria's:

Four Barrel:
"Thank you for your question regarding coffee certifications. The
simple answer is that no, not all of our coffees are organic or shade
grown. The more appropriate answer is that it's much more complicated
than it appears.

The majority of our coffees are actually direct trade, which refers to
a direct transaction between us and the producer. Fair Trade is merely
a certification that a minimum of $1.26 per pound is paid to a
cooperative, which has a specific bureaucratic structure. Because we
deal primarily with single farms and small-holder grower associations,
our producers are not eligible for the Fair Trade certification. We
pay a lot of money for our coffee, and as I said, much of our coffee
is direct trade. Right now our green ranges between $3 to $6.80 a
pound, before freight. For our company and the way we source coffee
directly, Fair Trade is no longer relevant, as our buying practices
surpass Fair Trade across the board.

We buy organic coffee when we can, but it's not always available. For
example, in Kenya, coffee cannot be grown without fungicides like
copper spray. Without such treatment, a total crop failure would
occur, which means economic failure for the producer. In Ethiopia,
coffee is a native plant. It has adapted over eons to resist growing
antagonists, so fungicide, insecticide, etc. is unnecessary;
essentially, Ethiopian coffee is organic coffee by default, whether
it's certified or not. The certification is not always viable for
producers, who are often subsistence farmers. The certification
process is a seven-year commitment, and following certification,
producers must undergo yearly recertification... all at their own
expense, including housing provisions for certifying agents. This is a
great economic burden that most farmers simply cannot afford.

It's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about the certifications of
the coffee you are buying, but as I said, it's not as simple as it
appears. Four Barrel's buying practices are at the core quality
focused, and it is our belief that quality cannot occur, and more
importantly, reoccur, without substantial investment in quality
producing practices that are sustainable and ecologically sound, and
without our investment in the producers."

Sweet Maria's:
"Thanks for the note. In general Specialty Coffee of the arabica
variety comes from smallish traditional farms. And they are not
certified because the farmers have to pay for organic certification.
These are primarily the dry processed beans. Ethiopian coffee,
Yemens, almost all the Indonesians are essentially organics because
the farmers are too poor to afford pesticides.

More on our Farm Gate Direct Buying Program-
http://www.sweetmarias.com/farmgatecoffee.php

Kenya is a different story - while still not mega-agri-business style
farms, they use pesticides and other more western methods and so it
is rare to find an organic Kenyan.

In terms of how much pesticide reaches the cup - I think roasting,
grinding and brewing could eliminate almost all traces of pesticide.
Much more likely you get pesticide from fresh produce like beans or
tomatoes if those are not organic. But it is a real concern for the
health of the farm workers and the environment of the farms.
Specialty coffee in general is traditionally grown - so sparse use of
pesticides if any. It is the robusta in the mega-agri-business
coffee areas in Brazil and Vietnam and China that are more worrisome."

sarahbella0405 03-06-2013 11:24 AM

Bought the French Roast when this deal went front page back in Feb. and its my first time trying San Francisco Bay. We really like them, definitely one of my favorite bold coffees. Nice flavor without a burnt taste, even has good flavor when I brew on the largest cup setting (which I always do, hence why I buy bold coffee).

I have had no problem with freshness, the 80 packs come sealed in 8 sealed packages and came with a plastic container for storage. The aroma while brewing is wonderful too. I am really glad I decided to try them, will be trying the other flavors for sure. Just my two cents for anyone who has not tried them yet or was worried about the onecup design versus k-cup.

Rad777 03-06-2013 11:29 AM

Fog Chaser is a great BOLD medium - Not a Dark Roast in disguise - I drink it @ home and office

kellysue 03-06-2013 11:53 AM

I ordered some from the deal last week. It is good!

netcop 03-06-2013 11:59 AM

I can only speak to the decaf version of these k-cups, but have found them to be "silty". The flavor is palatable but I didn't like the sediment I always found at the bottom of my cup...

YMMV.

Jeraden 03-06-2013 12:18 PM

Rainforest blend? Because they cleared the rainforests to plant coffee trees?

Haywood.Jablomi 03-06-2013 12:20 PM

Had some of this a while back, and was the worst coffee I've ever had. I couldn't even finish the cup....but I do believe there was residue/sediment in the cup as I poured it down the drain.

riverstyxxx 03-06-2013 12:24 PM

I'm surprised the keurig fad hasn't blown over yet..

HamZer11 03-06-2013 12:24 PM

I gave fog chaser a try last time. It's a little too bold for me but the wife really likes it. I have no issues with the filter only k-cup. It just means you have to clean the holder otherwise it leaves a little that drips into the next cup. But overall good flavor and they come packaged in packs of 10 I believe. I just opened two and put them in a zip lock (make sure to push the air out before sealing the zip lock. Works just fine.
Yes it does leave some fine grinds at the bottom but I don't think that a negative - just leave a sip at the end and you won't drink the grinds.
Good Coffee IMHO - ordered the breakfast blend for me.

HamZer11 03-06-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverstyxxx (Post 58036788)

I don't think it's a fad. It's very practical for two coffee drinkers (like my family) and the morning rush. No filters to put and coffee to pour. No wasted coffee either. I do think the machines are really over-priced and the price of one cup is far greater than traditional brewers but that's the price of convenience. Stil not a fad in my opinion

minivanman73 03-06-2013 12:28 PM

I got a case of the fog chaser flavor which are the same price and love them. Brought in some to work and the coworkers love them too. They taste a lot more like coffee than the standard K cups, but I've only had the fog chaser flavor. I just open one of the bags at a time and keep them in a Tupperware container.

auxiliary 03-06-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Fad? Why would this be a fad...go back to the old dripper? Never again will I go back to drip.

ponyboy10 03-06-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamZer11 (Post 58036882)
I don't think it's a fad. It's very practical for two coffee drinkers (like my family) and the morning rush. No filters to put and coffee to pour. No wasted coffee either. I do think the machines are really over-priced and the price of one cup is far greater than traditional brewers but that's the price of convenience. Stil not a fad in my opinion

They're definitely overpriced, but it's hard to beat the convenience. I'm the only one that has to make coffee at home to bring to work, so it works out great, and not having to mess with filters & grinds in the morning is great. After the machine's upfront cost (which I've already made up), it's way cheaper [and more convenient] than buying a cup of coffee from almost anywhere around here.

adavis99 03-06-2013 12:44 PM

These are essentially fake K-cups. Make sure you know what you're buying...they are not sealed for freshness and (Personal Opinion Warning) I think they are terrible.

lordoff 03-06-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

I'll be like the 5th person to say this but it's convenience in brewing/clean up factor is huge compared to the conventional drip machine...while it may not be the best tasting cup of coffee you've had, but it'll definitely be the easiest.

riverstyxxx 03-06-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auxiliary (Post 58037220)
Fad? Why would this be a fad...go back to the old dripper? Never again will I go back to drip.

Then find yourself a nice little french press, some decent whole-bean coffee at the farmers market, an $8 grinder at walmart, and pick up a $2 can of sweetened condensed milk.

There, I just cut your cost from $50+ ($130 for starbucks v-cup..) per pound down to ~$10, and it doesn't get any fresher or stronger than that. Dont everybody thank me at once, your silence or inflammatory rejections say more than words of gratitude ever could.

/eyeroll

riverstyxxx 03-06-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordoff (Post 58037496)
I'll be like the 5th person to say this but it's convenience in brewing/clean up factor is huge compared to the conventional drip machine...while it may not be the best tasting cup of coffee you've had, but it'll definitely be the easiest.

Firstworldproblems.jpg

jlpicardq 03-06-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverstyxxx (Post 58037910)
Then find yourself a nice little french press, some decent whole-bean coffee at the farmers market, an $8 grinder at walmart, and pick up a $2 can of sweetened condensed milk.

There, I just cut your cost from $50+ ($130 for starbucks v-cup..) per pound down to ~$10, and it doesn't get any fresher or stronger than that. Dont everybody thank me at once, your silence or inflammatory rejections say more than words of gratitude ever could.

/eyeroll

:bounce::bounce: That's funny, and accurate.

I don't hate Keurig, in fact I have one - but I had to put it away after calculating how much it's costing me to drink my coffee every morning (5 cups between my wife and I)... ~$2.50 was too much, so back to drip I went. Who knows, maybe I'll pull it back out one day when Keurig's patent on the K-Cup ends and they'll drop to 10 cents/ea? Wishful thinking? ;)

Fallout 03-06-2013 01:10 PM

I got some from the last sale and Amazon says they wont be shipped until the 26th. I wonder if I should cancel that order and place a new one.

Ah, I see that it will ship with my other subscribe and save items. If I want it sooner I can't use subscribe and save.

edvinm 03-06-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minivanman73 (Post 58036934)
I got a case of the fog chaser flavor which are the same price and love them. Brought in some to work and the coworkers love them too. They taste a lot more like coffee than the standard K cups, but I've only had the fog chaser flavor. I just open one of the bags at a time and keep them in a Tupperware container.

I agree. I got a box (not sure of the variety) at Costco (look for the boxes that have the sticker stating bonus plastic storage container). They taste better than any other K-cup I have tried and smell great when brewing. I missed the coffee aroma in the morning in the house.

michael1284 03-06-2013 01:19 PM

just FYI they sell these at costco for 24.99 everyday.

Jdmalibu 03-06-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brisar (Post 58036448)
Amazon.com has 80-Count San Francisco Bay Coffee OneCup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers (Organic Rainforest Blend) for $27.55 when you checkout via "subscribe & save". Shipping is free. Thanks DVS12
Note: You may cancel subscribe & save anytime after your order ships.

They taste rancid. If you want to save money just use the Ecco cups, a pack the coffee that you enjoy.

HamZer11 03-06-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverstyxxx (Post 58038020)
Firstworldproblems.jpg

Yes, among the many other ones - like deciding between the iphone and a galaxy s3. Having first world problems doesn't indicate that you are not aware and/or concerned about third world ones. They are not mutually exclusive. Enjoy what God has given you and help those in need IMHO.

BTW, I understand your point about the Keurig machines in general but you don't seem to want to take the counterpoint into consideration. Have you owned a Keurig?

lordoff 03-06-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverstyxxx (Post 58038020)
Firstworldproblems.jpg

So your point is people who use Keurig are lazy...? Not sure what you're trying to say...

riddleric 03-06-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrash (Post 58034832)
We tried these at our house...ended up getting a refund from amazon...very bitter.

Thanks, I almost bought one. I will stick with my Starbuck and Newman's k-cups from Costco.

FlameOut 03-06-2013 02:15 PM

Sure are lots of different opinions on this coffee. I guess either you love it or hate it. Personally I think it's one of the better ones. I ordered two more boxes last week (and I think this deal pretty much goes on all the time, (at least for the subscribe and save)

SueQ 03-06-2013 02:22 PM

Thank you..got the Nantucket!

Keyser_Soze_09 03-06-2013 02:35 PM

Sounds like this is a good place to chat with the coffeeheads, so I'm going to try to sling a question out there - reps to whoever can land me a decent answer. I've been searching for something equivalent to Starbucks Terrazza Iced Coffee (the stuff they give you when you order an iced coffee) for over a year and I've had no luck. You can't buy this sh*t anywhere and I've looked. I've done percolated coffee, ground my own whole bean, bought the SB "Iced Coffee" blend and brewed double strength through a drip - nothing. I'm entertaining the idea of buying a large press and decent grinder to make coffee concentrate, but can't seem to find a blend that's even close to the desired flavor. I drink only iced coffee and quite a fair amount of it (30 oz a morning isn't unheard of) and I'm tired of losing the gas money and time at the coffee shop. Anyone found anything close to what I'm talking about? Methods? I also have a Keurig but I've been largely disappointed with its iced coffee varieties; more for the wife anyway.

KIRSYSCREATIONS 03-06-2013 02:37 PM

This is great for those that enjoy stronger coffee. I don't care for it.

Elljeffe 03-06-2013 02:58 PM

Bought the French roast when this was last posted...great coffee in my opinion!!
And if you dont like the bold coffees...they work great for making iced coffee out of them....waters it down just right.....

My wife really likes the Starbucks Pikes place cups....and now the San Fran French Roast is her favorite....

ceres 03-06-2013 03:05 PM

Are you brewing and adding ice to hot coffee or putting it in the fridge to cool down? I found that making a large amount and putting in a jug to sit overnight in the fridge was the best way to do iced coffee at home. Otherwise it's just a lukewarm watery mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 58040562)
Sounds like this is a good place to chat with the coffeeheads, so I'm going to try to sling a question out there - reps to whoever can land me a decent answer. I've been searching for something equivalent to Starbucks Terrazza Iced Coffee (the stuff they give you when you order an iced coffee) for over a year and I've had no luck. You can't buy this sh*t anywhere and I've looked. I've done percolated coffee, ground my own whole bean, bought the SB "Iced Coffee" blend and brewed double strength through a drip - nothing. I'm entertaining the idea of buying a large press and decent grinder to make coffee concentrate, but can't seem to find a blend that's even close to the desired flavor. I drink only iced coffee and quite a fair amount of it (30 oz a morning isn't unheard of) and I'm tired of losing the gas money and time at the coffee shop. Anyone found anything close to what I'm talking about? Methods? I also have a Keurig but I've been largely disappointed with its iced coffee varieties; more for the wife anyway.

kalinaprobe 03-06-2013 03:11 PM

We just got those cheaper from costco 3 days ago.

Nate650 03-06-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordoff (Post 58037496)

For someone who doesn't care too much about having the very best coffee, it's a good concept, but my main problem with it is the cheap plastic materials used in the machines which translates into crap from the plastic leaching into the coffee. If they made one with stainless steel components where the hot water makes contact with, I'd be in the market for one for my dad who refuses to take the time to make a decent cup of coffee (using the French press or manual drip cone method).

krazeyshoppr 03-07-2013 02:29 AM

Thanks, i got the green mountain nantucket

TATERHED 03-07-2013 06:26 AM

Thanks for the great steer on low prices: We drink tonnes of this stuff at home and work--I"ve sampled a bundle of brands and flavors.

IMHO: The SanFran coffees (with the green-style cup/basket) is more like drip/french press coffee both in flavor and aroma--they do leave a light silt/sediment at the bottom of your cup; just like real coffee. There is quite a difference in the flavor profiles foglifter/rainforest etc... but I like them all. This is not a very light thin coffee by any means. As for freshness: If you don't drink more than 6-8 cups of coffee in 10 days, why bother bying a case of these things? mine at work have stayed very fresh (in the plastic bags or sealed container that comes in the box) for weeks on end. I can't imagine how long it would take for them to get stale. I wouldn't buy these to store in the car or camper or cabin...Kuerig is better for that. But I also like the more eco-friendly design and the companies goals to support the farmer.

try em. you'll probably like them.

sprosenb 03-07-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalinaprobe (Post 58041366)

Why do I always hear about these deals being cheaper at Costco, but not Sams Club?
Anybody know how the prices compare there without making the trip over?

integrax8 03-07-2013 07:37 AM

I thought the last SF deal was alright. The taste was bold but the filter thing was meh, yes environmental friendly but sometimes had to pick out coffee pieces. Any how, how are the general cups compared to the ekobrew cups? Would like to get an idea on how they are, any feedback is appreciated!

fatpat268 03-07-2013 09:39 AM

Did they change the way subscribe and save works? I subscribed, and it says delivery won't be till April 4th. That's a bummer.

djscotty 03-07-2013 10:12 AM

We purchased these from Costco a couple of weeks ago and love them for almost the same price so if they become OOS you can go to Costco

Keyser_Soze_09 03-07-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceres (Post 58041238)
Are you brewing and adding ice to hot coffee or putting it in the fridge to cool down? I found that making a large amount and putting in a jug to sit overnight in the fridge was the best way to do iced coffee at home. Otherwise it's just a lukewarm watery mess

Do the drip coffee double strength, put in a jug overnight. Never quite strong enough and I have one of the coffee makers that grinds and brews. Easily bitter, not very strong, and I've tried a great variety of beans (french/italian roast, medium roasts, columbian, peruvian, anything fresh from the grocery store or Spec's (liquor place that sells good coffee).

lolento 03-07-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalinaprobe (Post 58041366)

My costco has it for $29.99 not including tax and they only have the breakfast blend. I just bought from Amazon and it seems they are not charging me tax.

Fog chaser is the one that my wife likes.

MikeTheApeman 03-07-2013 11:12 AM

This is also the everyday price at BJ's, IIRC. I switch back and forth between these and Jet Fuel, but I honestly like these better. Yes, you have to keep the cups in a container, but that container is better than the damn k-cup carousel thing my wife loves.

HitekOne 03-07-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zergie808 (Post 58031058)
And they also ship with plastic storage container for the opened bags (at least on the latest purchase of Fog Lifter and Breakfast Blend).

You are correct

mdroyal 03-07-2013 05:26 PM

In for one of each! Thanks OP repped.

JimB 03-24-2013 07:15 AM

Still $26.12 with S&S...

jjct1 03-24-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael1284 (Post 58038512)
just FYI they sell these at costco for 24.99 everyday.

I bought this at Costco a couple months ago for $23. This doesn't seem like the best deal.

Auzivision 04-16-2013 01:41 PM

.34 each with Amazon is exactly what they are at my local Costco, but have to pay tax and gas. So it's 6 one half dozen the other. Except, my Costco only carries the Bold which I drink. Amazon also carrier a breakfast blend with I'll see if my wife will drink.

The amazon stuff that just shows up bothers me a little, and not worth the hassle of shutting off when needed.

warsaws 04-16-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auzivision (Post 58894990)
.34 each with Amazon is exactly what they are at my local Costco, but have to pay tax and gas. So it's 6 one half dozen the other. Except, my Costco only carries the Bold which I drink. Amazon also carrier a breakfast blend with I'll see if my wife will drink.

The amazon stuff that just shows up bothers me a little, and not worth the hassle of shutting off when needed.

:confused: