Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Updated: Craftsman 10'' Compound Miter Saw with Stand (21241) $104.99 AC OR POSSIBLE $59 or $84.99 (ymmv on $59 or $84.99) Free Shipping or Store Pickup (http://slickdeals.net/f/5894862-updated-craftsman-10-compound-miter-saw-with-stand-21241-104-99-ac-or-possible-59-or-84-99-ymmv-on-59-or-84-99-free-shipping-or-store-pickup)

nobama 03-07-2013 07:17 PM

Updated: Craftsman 10'' Compound Miter Saw with Stand (21241) $104.99 AC OR POSSIBLE $59 or $84.99 (ymmv on $59 or $84.99) Free Shipping or Store Pickup
 
65532 Attachment(s)
Craftsman 10'' Compound Miter Saw with Stand (21241) [sears.com]

$119.99 regular $159.99, use code SEARSTOOLS for $15 off (Thanks Corwin76)

Total $104.99 with free shipping or select in store pickup.

UPDATE: If you add the saw 21236 [sears.com] (same saw without stand) to your cart after adding the saw with stand above and then apply the promo code SEARSTOOLS, the total for the saw with stand DROPS to $84.99. According to Wyndhamscams, the 21236 saw can then be deleted from the cart and the price for the one with stand remains at $84.99. I tried but the price did not remain, so YMMV. (Worst case scenario is that both can be ordered and then the one without stand can be returned to the local Sears store.) Thanks Wyndhamscams.


A Craftsman 10' Miter Saw with Stand is your best friend if you need to do any type of trim work and for jobs that entail framing, roughing and fencing. A heavy-duty, 15-amp motor lets this saw rip through studs, joists, framework and planks at a mind-boggling 4,800 revolutions per minute. A built-in fence side scale, Laser Trac accuracy system and super fast maneuvering support wings, lets this super saw help you work quickly and accurately so jobs get done sooner and to exact specifications. Don't be put off by this compact version, a 10-inch blade sharpens fast, is light to carry, and eliminates the wobble seen in some larger style miter saws.

The quality 10' Compound Miter Saw with Stand leaves a clean cut for tight joints and stable bases. The carbide-tipped blade, along with the bevel design, cuts posts and boards at 90 degrees leaving a razor-sharp edge. This powerful, multi-purpose saw is 15.0 Amps; 4800 rpm and 120 volts.

A Craftsman 10' Miter Saw with Stand includes: Stand, two AAA batteries, hold-down clamp, dust bag, blade wrench, 10-inch, 40-tooth carbide blade
A pair of extension wings accommodates long timber and trim easily for sharper, straighter cuts
Laser Trac technology gives this saw an accurate, fast alignment without worry
This combo saw and table is portable, durable and packs up quickly
A built-in slide scale adjusts in 16ths for quick accurate measurements so you can get the accuracy you want without any fuss or bother
This saw and table weighs 41.58 lbs. (18.9 kg)
This Craftsmen miter saw's 15.0 amp motor powers the blade at a rapid 4,800 rpm

nobama 03-07-2013 07:29 PM

I have this exact saw with the stand, and have been using it all winter for a remodeling project.

The stand IMHO was a necessity for me, and the saw has been working very well for a basic miter saw.

If you get one of these, pay very close attention to the stand assembly instructions so you get the pieces right side up, and keep all nuts and bolts loose until all pieces are assembled, then tighten everything up.

fortnemr 03-07-2013 08:24 PM

I got an email today from Shop Your Way Rewards saying they gave me 5 bucks off to use by March 9. That worked on this order too which took it down to 100.

nobama 03-07-2013 09:39 PM

I should also mention that the saw is exactly the same as part number 21236 [sears.com], the only difference is that the stand is included in the box with the saw that is listed in the OP. 21236 does not have the stand - same saw.

How do I know? I bought the 21236 saw (without the stand) in November and then the same day the one with the stand came on sale, so I ordered it and set the 21236 aside without using it. When the one with the stand arrived, I compared it with the 21236 and finding that it was exactly the same, I returned the 21236.

Keyser_Soze_09 03-08-2013 09:53 AM

Thanks for the info OP. Decent little saw, wondering if I want something like this with a stand, or one I can mount to the worktable I just built. What's the height of the stand if you don't mind me asking? Might be easier to make the cuts and let the lumber fall onto the table.

Carnivore 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

I've had "miter saw" in my deal alerts for a while because I need to do baseboard and window mouldings to finish up a bedroom renovation. This one looks perfect for the task and the price is great. Ordered last night and it already shipped today.

TU & repped despite the horrible user name. :shake:

ITYPEINCAPS 03-08-2013 01:00 PM

In for 1 after my discounts Total $92.93

nobama 03-08-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 58084666)
Thanks for the info OP. Decent little saw, wondering if I want something like this with a stand, or one I can mount to the worktable I just built. What's the height of the stand if you don't mind me asking? Might be easier to make the cuts and let the lumber fall onto the table.

11.5 D x 19 W (at top) x 30 H.

The neat thing about the stand for me is that it's easily portable by carrying the saw with the stand mounted, or remove the saw and carry each separately.

royceis 03-08-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore (Post 58086194)
I've had "miter saw" in my deal alerts for a while because I need to do baseboard and window mouldings to finish up a bedroom renovation. This one looks perfect for the task and the price is great. Ordered last night and it already shipped today.

TU & repped despite the horrible user name. :shake:

Forget the saw... TU & repped because of the Great user name! :D

Gooch25 03-08-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royceis (Post 58097458)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore (Post 58086194)
I've had "miter saw" in my deal alerts for a while because I need to do baseboard and window mouldings to finish up a bedroom renovation. This one looks perfect for the task and the price is great. Ordered last night and it already shipped today.

TU & repped despite the horrible user name. :shake:

Forget the saw... TU & repped because of the Great user name! :D

Good saw, good stand, great name!

Rawimpact 03-08-2013 07:48 PM

I've had both, the craftsmen and the harborfreight one at 10''. I feel the harborfreight one is just as good and for like 30 bucks cheaper (with 20% off coupon and sale) one can get the sliding 10'' saw.

just my .02

Wyndhamscams 03-08-2013 07:57 PM

Whats the normal price of this saw? I guess I mean has this ever hit this low?
I just bought a home and could use something like this but I pay for reliability, Will this be reliable?
I know Craftsman is a decent brand like Dewalt.
I know there are better brands as well.
But im clueless as to what a saw of this type should cost. Seems like a great deal but I cant decide to pull the trigger on this or not.
What does one cost w/o a stand?

nobama 03-08-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawimpact (Post 58097704)
I've had both, the craftsmen and the harborfreight one at 10''. I feel the harborfreight one is just as good and for like 30 bucks cheaper (with 20% off coupon and sale) one can get the sliding 10'' saw.

just my .02

I have a lot of harborfreight tools and a lot of Craftsman tools, and I know I can get parts for Craftsman tools through Sears.

I consider the Harborfreight ones to be throwaway if they are out of warranty and go bad due to difficulty getting replacement or maintenance parts.

Maybe HF has improved their parts availability lately, but that was certainly true in the past. :dontknow:

casetronic 03-08-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawimpact (Post 58097704)
I've had both, the craftsmen and the harborfreight one at 10''. I feel the harborfreight one is just as good and for like 30 bucks cheaper (with 20% off coupon and sale) one can get the sliding 10'' saw.

just my .02


I'm looking at my craftman saw I just got from an earlier deal and comparing it to the one from HF's website - they look identical except for a couple minor bits and the color scheme on the plastic pieces. I'll bet Craftsman orders them from the same factory as HF. What's the cheapest the HF saw gets down to? I got my Craftsman for $50+tax.

nobama 03-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58097840)
Whats the normal price of this saw? I guess I mean has this ever hit this low?

I bought mine in November for around this price when it was on sale.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58097840)
I just bought a home and could use something like this but I pay for reliability, Will this be reliable?
I know Craftsman is a decent brand like Dewalt.
I know there are better brands as well.

They are all probably made in China, and there is lots of debate on the issue of Craftsman quality vs the others, but so far mine has held up well, and it was IMHO a good deal and I've so far always had good luck with Craftsman.

It has a one year warranty, and if you use the right kind of credit card, you can double your warranty, so you should be good for at least two years - longer if you take care of it. Mine seems solid enough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58097840)
But im clueless as to what a saw of this type should cost. Seems like a great deal but I cant decide to pull the trigger on this or not.
What does one cost w/o a stand?

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10...5850&aff=Y

Wyndhamscams 03-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 58098092)
I'm looking at my craftman saw I just got from an earlier deal and comparing it to the one from HF's website - they look identical except for a couple minor bits and the color scheme on the plastic pieces. I'll bet Craftsman orders them from the same factory as HF. What's the cheapest the HF saw gets down to? I got my Craftsman for $50+tax.

same saw for $50? Care to elaborate? Been biting my nails wondering to pull the trigger here

nobama 03-08-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 58098092)
I'm looking at my craftman saw I just got from an earlier deal and comparing it to the one from HF's website - they look identical except for a couple minor bits and the color scheme on the plastic pieces. I'll bet Craftsman orders them from the same factory as HF. What's the cheapest the HF saw gets down to? I got my Craftsman for $50+tax.

I just checked the HF website and compared also. You're right, they DO look almost identical except for a few details! Currently the HF one is on sale for $84.99 without the stand.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-c...69683.html

Personally, I'll stick with Craftsman due to parts availability and my experience with their reliability vs the HF stuff I've had.

Edit: Hmm... 90 day warranty for HF vs 1 year for Craftsman.... :scratch:

casetronic 03-08-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58098208)
same saw for $50? Care to elaborate? Been biting my nails wondering to pull the trigger here


Same saw but no stand - I used a Craftsman club coupon and free SYWR points they send out every weekend but after reading some others' posts I think I'll return this and wait for a deal on a sliding 7 1/2" version.

Rawimpact 03-08-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 58098092)
I'm looking at my craftman saw I just got from an earlier deal and comparing it to the one from HF's website - they look identical except for a couple minor bits and the color scheme on the plastic pieces. I'll bet Craftsman orders them from the same factory as HF. What's the cheapest the HF saw gets down to? I got my Craftsman for $50+tax.

Not sure on the non-sliding, i think i've seen it for 80 on sale and you can apply the 20% off coupon on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58098398)
I just checked the HF website and compared also. You're right, they DO look almost identical except for a few details! Currently the HF one is on sale for $84.99 without the stand.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-c...69683.html

Personally, I'll stick with Craftsman due to parts availability and my experience with their reliability vs the HF stuff I've had.

Edit: Hmm... 90 day warranty for HF vs 1 year for Craftsman.... :scratch:

Honestly, i wouldnt even worry about warranty with HF, or if you're really worried get their 2 year warranty for like 5 bucks... HF may have parts from china and a good deal of them are garbage, but simple tools such as these are fine. It's generally things like sand blasters etc. that get a bad rep.

nobama 03-08-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawimpact (Post 58098858)
Honestly, i wouldnt even worry about warranty with HF, or if you're really worried get their 2 year warranty for like 5 bucks... HF may have parts from china and a good deal of them are garbage, but simple tools such as these are fine. It's generally things like sand blasters etc. that get a bad rep.

HF left a bad taste in my mouth when recently I took a defective air tool back that was under the 90 day warranty, for an exchange. They told me in the store that the store has a 30 day refund / exchange policy and for warranty service after the 30 days I would have to send the unit back to the manufacturer (In China) for warranty service!!!!! Of course, I was beyond their 30 days time period. Grrrr....

ChuckDLC 03-08-2013 09:15 PM

This doesn't have a bevel right?

casetronic 03-08-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58098956)
HF left a bad taste in my mouth when recently I took a defective air tool back that was under the 90 day warranty, for an exchange. They told me in the store that the store has a 30 day refund / exchange policy and for warranty service after the 30 days I would have to send the unit back to the manufacturer (In China) for warranty service!!!!! Of course, I was beyond their 30 days time period. Grrrr....

I'd rather buy from with Sears - they actually want my business, employees are generally polite. Some HF cashiers act like they're doing you a favor by taking a coupon their company gives out, ptffff.

Corwin 03-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58073008)
$119.99 regular $159.99, use code SEARSTOOLS for $15 off (Thanks Corwin76)

I'm glad Sears hasn't suddenly jacked the price up for this deal, like they did the other day when I had the saw alone posted for $85....I guess they didn't like that, so they raised the price $10. :lol:

selz202 03-08-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckDLC (Post 58099074)
This doesn't have a bevel right?

To 45 degrees

nobama 03-08-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckDLC (Post 58099074)
This doesn't have a bevel right?

I've never used the bevel feature, but I believe it does do that. There's a lever on the back to allow the blade to tilt up to 45 degrees to the side. There's a link on the product page to download the owners' manual, hopefully all the details about the bevel function should be there.

Edit: selz202 got it

sam_shizzel 03-09-2013 07:59 AM

Is this something that a noobie to woodworking could use? I dont really have any saw experience, but I would like to have the ability to cut wood down to different sizes for fixing up the house a little. I checked out the manual, and it really doesnt seem all that difficult. All the safety precautions in there can be a little unsettling though.

DFWTCU 03-09-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_shizzel (Post 58104004)
Is this something that a noobie to woodworking could use? I dont really have any saw experience, but I would like to have the ability to cut wood down to different sizes for fixing up the house a little. I checked out the manual, and it really doesnt seem all that difficult. All the safety precautions in there can be a little unsettling though.

It's a really easy tool to use.... If you plan to be cutting angles a lot it would be worth it (for like trim). Otherwise, you may be better with circular saws if you're cutting fence posts or bigger pieces of wood.

nobama 03-09-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_shizzel (Post 58104004)
Is this something that a noobie to woodworking could use? I dont really have any saw experience, but I would like to have the ability to cut wood down to different sizes for fixing up the house a little. I checked out the manual, and it really doesnt seem all that difficult. All the safety precautions in there can be a little unsettling though.

I used mine to cut 2x4 studs to length for interior walls and for cutting trim. It will cut larger or smaller stock than that, and for stock that is too large to cut in one pass like 4x4's, you can flip the wood over and do a second cut.

It is basically a portable power "chop saw" - chop it down to make a single perpendicular or angled cut. You can't use it to cut a length of 2x4 into a 2x2 or similar type of cuts such as one would with a radial or table saw.

All of the safety precautions are good, and probably primarily for CYA lawsuit prevention, (but they are still important). It's really simple and easy to operate, like any power tool, just pay attention to what you are doing and where your hands and fingers are at all times.

67z400 03-09-2013 11:10 AM

While we are talking about product specifics. Would this saw be adequate for trim work and crown molding?

sam_shizzel 03-09-2013 11:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I will probably bite.

Wyndhamscams 03-09-2013 12:48 PM

When I added both saws the one with a stand and without a stand it brought my total to $85 on the saw+stand total. I doubled the promo code on 1 saw instead of discounting them both equally
$159.99
$84.99
Savings Applied
Price Breakdown

Then I deleted the other saw. Price stayed that way. I checked out :) got it for $85+tax! Wow I was gonna bite on this last night. Not sure what even happened.
But thanks!

nobama 03-09-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58108238)
When I added both saws the one with a stand and without a stand it brought my total to $85 on the saw+stand total. I doubled the promo code on 1 saw instead of discounting them both equally
$159.99
$84.99
Savings Applied
Price Breakdown

Then I deleted the other saw. Price stayed that way. I checked out :) got it for $85+tax! Wow I was gonna bite on this last night. Not sure what even happened.
But thanks!

Thanks for the report. I included the $84.99 price in the OP and title as ymmv.

I was able to add both to the cart then applied the promo code which sure enough reduced the price of the saw with the stand, but as soon as I deleted the one without the stand, the price went back up to $104. I included ymmv in the text since it might work out for others like it did for you. Glad you were able to score!

nobama 03-09-2013 02:12 PM

Interesting, I added another 21236 saw without stand to my cart and then the total for the one with the stand dropped to $59.99 and the 21236 saws in the cart both were priced at $109.99.......

myt 03-09-2013 05:58 PM

Use SAVENOW for an extra 10% off.

myt 03-09-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58109380)
Interesting, I added another 21236 saw without stand to my cart and then the total for the one with the stand dropped to $59.99 and the 21236 saws in the cart both were priced at $109.99.......

It's the SEARSTOOLS code in action.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEARS
SEARSTOOLS
Spend $75, save $10... spend $100, save $15... spend $200, save $35... spend $300 or more, save $60. Offer excludes Compressors, Tool Storage, Garage Organization, Garage Door Openers and Accessories, Online Only, Clearance, Great Price and Hot Buy items. Not valid on international shipments. No Sears store price matching allowed with this offer. Items are Sold by Sears.


Luv2BBQ 03-09-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58109380)
Interesting, I added another 21236 saw without stand to my cart and then the total for the one with the stand dropped to $59.99 and the 21236 saws in the cart both were priced at $109.99.......

I did exactly this, and my price for saw w/stand dropped to $53. When I deleted the 21236 saws, the price went up, so I added them back in, and total for saw w/stand + tax=$54.37 store pickup. I got free shipping on the two 21236 saws, and will just return them to my local(2 mi away) Sears store.;)

.

danameless 03-09-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2BBQ (Post 58113874)
I did exactly this, and my price for saw w/stand dropped to $53. When I deleted the 21236 saws, the price went up, so I added them back in, and total for saw w/stand + tax=$54.37 store pickup. I got free shipping on the two 21236 saws, and will just return them to my local(2 mi away) Sears store.;)

.

How are you guys getting the $53?? I did the same thing and only get the $85 price?

bassmanben 03-09-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danameless (Post 58114084)
How are you guys getting the $53?? I did the same thing and only get the $85 price?

are you adding two saws or one? you need to get the order over $300..the discount goes against the miter saw first.

nobama 03-09-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danameless (Post 58114084)
How are you guys getting the $53?? I did the same thing and only get the $85 price?

I could only get it down to $59 by putting the saw w/stand in cart then adding one 21236, choose continue shopping then adding another 21236, enter SEARSTOOLS and then the total for the saw w/stand is $59. I couldn't get SAVENOW to apply for additional 10% off which could be what Luv2BBQ might have been able to do.....

danameless 03-09-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58114282)
I could only get it down to $59 by putting the saw w/stand in cart then adding one 21236, choose continue shopping then adding another 21236, enter SEARSTOOLS and then the total for the saw w/stand is $59. I couldn't get SAVENOW to apply for additional 10% off which could be what Luv2BBQ might have been able to do.....

So do I have to order 3 saws and return the 2/wo stands? Or can I remove the 2 and get the one with stand to drop to $59?

nobama 03-09-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danameless (Post 58114318)
So do I have to order 3 saws and return the 2/wo stands? Or can I remove the 2 and get the one with stand to drop to $59?

It looks to me like you would have to order 3 saws and return the two w/o stands to get the price down. I tried several ways to delete the two w/o stands, but then the price on the one with stand jumped back up to $104 each time..... Someone else may have had better luck, but I couldn't find any other alternative....

orvi01 03-09-2013 08:43 PM

Wonder how much crap they would give me returning the 2 saws too the store. I was able to get the savenow code to work Seems like its pretty hot for $53.99

nobama 03-09-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orvi01 (Post 58114854)
wonder how much crap they would give me returning the 2 saws 2 the store, I was able to ge tthe savenow code to work Seems like its pretty hot for $53.99

The people in the return dept. (customer pickup at my store) couldn't care less.

$53.99 is absolutely smokin' hot... Even $59 is smoking hot.... I wish I had gotten mine for that price back in November.....

Returns for Sears are extremely easy. Go to their website, complete the necessary info and print out a return form. Take it to the customer pickup location at the store and they scan it and you're done.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/Return...?langId=-1

orvi01 03-09-2013 08:57 PM

Couldn't resist.

twong82 03-09-2013 09:17 PM

my order confirmation or when i check my order number through the website does not mention the 53.99 price for the saw w/ stand even though when I checked out it showed that 53.99 in the cart.

Mr_El_Cheapo 03-09-2013 09:39 PM

I have to pull the trigger on this. $59 is hard to resist. Now, what am I going to do with this??

bassmanben 03-09-2013 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by twong82 (Post 58115274)
my order confirmation or when i check my order number through the website does not mention the 53.99 price for the saw w/ stand even though when I checked out it showed that 53.99 in the cart.

shows up fine for me..$59.99+tax, but i used the MEMBERS coupon instead of the SAVENOW to get 20% back in rewards since i've got lots of sears shopping to do over the next month.

theflavor 03-09-2013 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to get the 53.99 price.
  1. Add saw with stand
  2. Add saw without stand
  3. Add saw without stand
  4. Apply SEARSTOOLS code
  5. Apply SAVENOW code

hmongkeysauce 03-09-2013 10:12 PM

Got one too but not sure if the return will work. Last time I returned an item that was part of an order that had a coupon, the full amount wasn't returned.

Takasniper 03-09-2013 10:16 PM

not sure if I'm doing something wrong but its 84.99 no matter what I do

theflavor 03-09-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takasniper (Post 58116030)
not sure if I'm doing something wrong but its 84.99 no matter what I do

Deal may be dead. Looks like the saw with stand went back up to 149.99.

orvi01 03-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongkeysauce (Post 58115996)
Got one too but not sure if the return will work. Last time I returned an item that was part of an order that had a coupon, the full amount wasn't returned.

I'm afraid of that too, most likely will return it if i can't get it for the 53.99 price. Really can't justify paying much more when my 7 1/4" saw works for most of what i do.

meetyburger 03-10-2013 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For those who were interested in the 10 inch sliding version, it is back on sale at $189.99. With the coupon codes and a the $12.99 blade filler, it comes out to be $151.18. with free shipping.

I also had $5 points that Sears gave me a couple days ago knocking it down a bit more.

casetronic 03-10-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobama (Post 58114918)
The people in the return dept. (customer pickup at my store) couldn't care less.

$53.99 is absolutely smokin' hot... Even $59 is smoking hot.... I wish I had gotten mine for that price back in November.....

Returns for Sears are extremely easy. Go to their website, complete the necessary info and print out a return form. Take it to the customer pickup location at the store and they scan it and you're done.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/Return...?langId=-1

I need to return 2 saws and when It asks where did you order from I clicked 'online' all it shows is my orders, not sure where to go from there.

Wyndhamscams 03-10-2013 01:55 AM

Haha My mistake earlier that got it for $85 created a even bigger monster HaHa

Doing the same trick gets it to $81 still a great deal. But looks like the $52 is dead, I hope people get these shady buy and return trick pulled off!
Feck Sears :)

maj0819 03-10-2013 05:21 AM

Ok when I add two saws and then the saw w/stand I get $197.98 for the two saws and $53.99 for the saw w/stand.

cruisinfanatic 03-10-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58117526)
Haha My mistake earlier that got it for $85 created a even bigger monster HaHa

Doing the same trick gets it to $81 still a great deal. But looks like the $52 is dead, I hope people get these shady buy and return trick pulled off!
Feck Sears :)

I just did it with free shipping

burton560 03-10-2013 05:37 AM

I'm in for $53 and 5% cashback, saw here I come!

ryan_sanders2113 03-10-2013 07:16 AM

Pulled the trigger on this. Added the 2 extra saws to my cart and it made the saw/stand $59. Hope the return goes smooth. Great deal.

gubbar 03-10-2013 07:36 AM

pulled the trigger... had some 53 bux in points lying around from Jan sywr points fiasco so net abt 10 out of pocket...

though not sure why i got it. have absolutely no need for a miter saw.

hmongkeysauce 03-10-2013 11:31 AM

Anybody try to return the two extra saws yet?

leadinglegacy 03-10-2013 11:58 AM

SEARSTOOLS promocode doesn't work for me :( But it apparently expires February of 2014..?

LSlipetz 03-10-2013 01:19 PM

So, I'll start this off with YMMV, but just got home with my saw and paid $53 + tax. For me, I have two Sears locations about 15 minutes from me in either direction. This morning I placed an order for store pick up for the saw with stand at one store and the two other saws at the other Sears store near me. All three orders at the same time, but store pick up from two different stores. I also was able to apply both promo codes, SEARSTOOLS and SAVENOW. Went and picked up the saw with the stand with no issues. As soon as I had that saw in my possession I called the other store and cancelled my in store pickup. By the time I arrived back home I already had an email receipt refunding me for the over $200 on the other 2 saws.

Great deal!!! Good luck to the rest of you.

Wyndhamscams 03-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSlipetz (Post 58124036)
So, I'll start this off with YMMV, but just got home with my saw and paid $53 + tax. For me, I have two Sears locations about 15 minutes from me in either direction. This morning I placed an order for store pick up for the saw with stand at one store and the two other saws at the other Sears store near me. All three orders at the same time, but store pick up from two different stores. I also was able to apply both promo codes, SEARSTOOLS and SAVENOW. Went and picked up the saw with the stand with no issues. As soon as I had that saw in my possession I called the other store and cancelled my in store pickup. By the time I arrived back home I already had an email receipt refunding me for the over $200 on the other 2 saws.

Great deal!!! Good luck to the rest of you.

Beautiful Im gonna do this exact thing :)

Your card only get charged for 1 saw?

LSlipetz 03-10-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyndhamscams (Post 58124506)
Beautiful Im gonna do this exact thing :)

Your card only get charged for 1 saw?

Got charged for all three but refunded the full amount for the other two after the cancellation.

Wyndhamscams 03-10-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSlipetz (Post 58124572)
Got charged for all three but refunded the full amount for the other two after the cancellation.

Cant get the saw to show up as 119.99 in cart now:(

Ziggst 03-10-2013 01:55 PM

Pretty sure multiple parts of this are all dead now unfortunately.

Wyndhamscams 03-10-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggst (Post 58124660)
Pretty sure multiple parts of this are all dead now unfortunately.

Ya price and SEARSTOOLS doesnt apply anymore:(

scl23enn4m3 03-10-2013 02:42 PM

FWIW I picked up the saw this morning and already finished a project with it, and about to start the second.
Some tips before you put it together:
-organize the stand pieces (it is a ridiculously over complicated design for the sake of efficient packaging)
-hand tighten the bolts until you assemble the whole thing
-the screw for the rear stability brace thing (I forget the exact name) can only be removed before the saw is secured to the stand. so do that first even though it is one of the last steps in the instructions
-ditch the batteries that came with it
-the dust collecting bag is more useful on the floor as a rag

nobama 03-10-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3 (Post 58125522)
FWIW I picked up the saw this morning and already finished a project with it, and about to start the second.
Some tips before you put it together:
-organize the stand pieces (it is a ridiculously over complicated design for the sake of efficient packaging)
-hand tighten the bolts until you assemble the whole thing
-the screw for the rear stability brace thing (I forget the exact name) can only be removed before the saw is secured to the stand. so do that first even though it is one of the last steps in the instructions
-ditch the batteries that came with it

I found the exact same things to be true when I put my stand and saw together last November.

Also, I found that the rip fence needed just a slight adjustment to be totally accurate. Real easy to do.
Quote:

Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3 (Post 58125522)
-the dust collecting bag is more useful on the floor as a rag

Exactly. I have a small shop vac connected to the bag port, and only a small amount of sawdust is not sucked up by the vac. It really makes a huge difference, especially indoors.

FYI to anyone who has one of these saws (or any 10" saw):

Lowe's has a three pack of 10" carbide tooth blades for $21.98
[lowes.com]. Two 40 tooth blades for general cutting, and one 60 tooth blade for fine cutting trim, etc. I bought one of these sets and used the 60 tooth blade for my moulding cutting. It makes a difference in the cleanliness of the cut

burton560 03-11-2013 05:44 AM

did sears finally pull the 21241? link doesnt work anymore

burton560 03-12-2013 03:30 PM

just brought home my new $53 miter saw. When I picked up the three items, you can choose which items to pick up and what quantity. I picked just the one with the stand, and the guy brought it out and put it in my car. Walking back into the store I told him I no longer need the other two in the order. We walked over to the computer, he typed the order in, found the 2 extra saws, and printed me the refunded reciept :) thanks sears in marlboro ma!

orvi01 03-13-2013 02:40 PM

I picked up the saw with the stand at my local store yesterday. Today the other 2 saws were delivered to my home. I printed my receipt and took them into sears and they gave me a full refund of $210 in cash. Seems like it was successful, kind of shady but successful.

fwdmydeals 03-14-2013 02:26 PM

Just returned 2 of the saws for a $211 refund. Just show them your packing slips that come with them on the outside of the box. Nice!

casetronic 03-14-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwdmydeals (Post 58224052)
Just returned 2 of the saws for a $211 refund. Just show them your packing slips that come with them on the outside of the box. Nice!


Besides the packing slip, did you need to show a receipt? My packages did not come with any receipt at all.

fwdmydeals 03-14-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 58229098)
Besides the packing slip, did you need to show a receipt? My packages did not come with any receipt at all.

Nope just the slip and you will be good, it will show the 89.99 price.

Luv2BBQ 03-17-2013 07:31 PM

So this worked out to be probably my slickest deal.

I placed the saw with stand in my cart with free store pickup. Added the 2 saws (21236) without stands with free shipping home. Added coupons to get my total bill to 253+, with price for saw/stand at 54 with tax.

My plan was to keep saw/stand, and return other two to nearby Sears after arrival, and get back 199. When I went to return 2 saws, the sales girl couldn't get the register to only return the 2 saws. She said "I won't tell if you won't," and promptly refunded my TOTAL bill back to my Sears card!:woot:

Not only that, when I went to pick up my saw/stand, the one ordered was not in stock, and they gave me the next model up for same price.
Needless to say, I'm not telling about my free saw.:D

.

Luv2BBQ 03-17-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmongkeysauce (Post 58122270)
Anybody try to return the two extra saws yet?

See my post above.

.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 AM.


1999-2014