Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Devo Folding Travel Table for Laptops - Load Capacity: 15lb, (17"Lx15.5"Wx1.9"D) - $7.95 w/ FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/5905856-devo-folding-travel-table-for-laptops-load-capacity-15lb-17-lx15-5-wx1-9-d-7-95-w-fs)

gabe23111 03-13-2013 04:55 PM

Devo Folding Travel Table for Laptops - Load Capacity: 15lb, (17"Lx15.5"Wx1.9"D) - $7.95 w/ FS

1 Attachment(s)
Link [adorama.com]

Easy & Functional...

The Travel Table was designed with the business traveler in mind, whether a frequent flier in the 100,000 mile club or the once-a-month traveler who takes quick shuttles between two near-by cities. The time in the terminal waiting for a flight, especially if there is a delay, can be frustrating and stressful.

Devo's easy-to use, light-weight folding table helps make the terminal wait a positive and productive experience. Placing your laptop securely and comfortably on The Travel Table (whether you are sitting or standing), creates an environment conducive to accomplishing work away from the office. The simplicity of the functionality is the beauty of this table.

Removing the table from your briefcase and attaching it to your luggage handle takes just a few seconds. Additionally, the table is adjustable according to the angle of your handle.

Non-business travelers will also discover many, many uses for this folding Travel Table. Have you ever grabbed a quick bite to eat at the airport and taken it back to your chair and attempted to balance the soft drink and food on your lap or on the floor?

The Travel Table provides the ease and convenience of eating your meal on a secure tray--attached firmly to your carry-on handle. Also, parents traveling with toddlers and young children will welcome this "helper".

iconian 03-13-2013 05:50 PM

Devo Folding Travel Table for Laptops (15lbs capacity) $8 + free shipping

1 Attachment(s)
deal [adorama.com]

$8 + free shipping

looks very nice!

IamPro 03-13-2013 05:52 PM

Looks pretty cool

ResidentPony 03-13-2013 06:23 PM

Is this for people who tragically have no lap when they sit down? Because that's typically where I place my laptop. Weird, I know.

junhao123 03-13-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ResidentPony (Post 58203838)
Is this for people who tragically have no lap when they sit down? Because that's typically where I place my laptop. Weird, I know.

Maybe for the times when you're standing around, which is a good amount of time at the airport.
I could also see this being more comfortable than putting the laptop on your lap. It's like having a table in front of you when you sit.

EDIT:
Though you could probably also sit on your luggage and use the laptop like that, and a good lapdesk could be pretty comfortable.
But this is still same price or cheaper than most lapdesks and makes use of a stable moveable platform (luggage bag).

Taken Aback 03-13-2013 07:55 PM

This thing looks under stress even in the picture.

ResidentPony 03-13-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junhao123 (Post 58205444)
Maybe for the times when you're standing around, which is a good amount of time at the airport.
I could also see this being more comfortable than putting the laptop on your lap. It's like having a table in front of you when you sit.

EDIT:
Though you could probably also sit on your luggage and use the laptop like that, and a good lapdesk could be pretty comfortable.
But this is still same price or cheaper than most lapdesks and makes use of a stable moveable platform (luggage bag).

It doesn't look like you can move the bag easily while it's attached, so it wouldn't be good while waiting in line. And why would someone want another gadget to lug around an airport? And take up space and weight in their luggage? Unless they sadly have no lap of course.

junhao123 03-13-2013 08:03 PM

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/devo-...34550.html
Rakuten has some better pictures of this thing. It looks a little bulky and probably easily broken. Those moving plastic parts don't look heavy duty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taken Aback (Post 58205676)
This thing looks under stress even in the picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ResidentPony (Post 58205712)
It doesn't look like you can move the bag easily while it's attached, so it wouldn't be good while waiting in line. And why would someone want another gadget to lug around an airport? And take up space and weight in their luggage? Unless they sadly have no lap of course.

I suppose you're right. It doesn't seem like that thing could work as intended.

I have to say, I really don't enjoy having laptops heating up my sensitive areas and it would be great to be able to use a laptop while in line. Would be really nice if this thing could work for what it's intended for.

EDIT:
A few things though:
It looks like the thing folds flat for easy storage. So it should fit easily in your laptop case or side pockets. Besides, a decent lapdesk would take up just as much space if not more.
Claims that it can handle 15lbs.

As you can probably tell, I really want this thing to be something that works.

daregan 03-13-2013 09:23 PM

So wait a second, where are the guys from DEVO???