Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Life of Pi 3D Blu Ray + 2D + Digital $27.99 with $10 "eBook" Credit (Redeemable for $10 Amazon.com Gift Certificate) at Best Buy + 500 ($10) Possible Reward Zone Points (http://slickdeals.net/f/5909730-life-of-pi-3d-blu-ray-2d-digital-27-99-with-10-ebook-credit-redeemable-for-10-amazon-com-gift-certificate-at-best-buy-500-10-possible-reward-zone-points)

echostorm 03-15-2013 01:56 PM

Life of Pi 3D Blu Ray + 2D + Digital $27.99 with $10 "eBook" Credit (Redeemable for $10 Amazon.com Gift Certificate) at Best Buy + 500 ($10) Possible Reward Zone Points

1 Attachment(s)
Life of Pi 3D Blu Ray + 2D + Digital $27.99 with $10 "eBook" Credit (Redeemable for $10 Amazon.com Gift Certificate) at Best Buy + 500 ($10) Possible Reward Zone Points

Best Buy has the Life of Pi in 3D, 3 Disc edition for $27.99 this comes with a $10 VISA code for the Life of Pi eBook purchase (specially marked/UPC'ed packages only), but can be redeemed essentially for anything, such as an Amazon.com gift card that can be used in the future to purchase the eBook (or anything else) making this $17.99, double dip right now with the reward zone 500 points back (another $10 future BB credit) and this makes a nice deal. That being said the movie was only okay, and only good if you get the deeper allegory at the end.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+...&lp=2&cp=1

wikipost 03-15-2013 01:56 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

shyam09 03-15-2013 01:59 PM

crap, should've read the entire post.
here's the link to the BB 500 points for $10 purchase thread:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5904166-Best-Buy-Reward-Zone-500-Bonus-Points-w-10-Purchase

swordheart 03-15-2013 02:11 PM

Any idea if need to open the disc to get $10 bonus?
And bonus only redeemable at best buy right? TIA

killdiablo 03-15-2013 05:56 PM

How to redeem this? "$10 VISA code for the Life of Pi eBook purchase"

slickfree 03-15-2013 06:16 PM

Yes please explain how we can redeem the $10 visa code in store same day.

echostorm 03-15-2013 07:35 PM

There's just a unique code inside the product case. You enter it at activaterewards.com/LOPebook and it generates a virtual credit card for you instantly. It states that you can only use it online at a vendor but you can probably buy a Best Buy gift card for $10 for pickup and then use it on checkout or in the future as long as you are okay opening it in the store before checkout.

rndman 03-15-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58252928)
There's just a unique code inside the product case. You enter it at activaterewards.com/LOPebook and it generates a virtual credit card for you instantly. It states that you can only use it online at a vendor but you can probably buy a Best Buy gift card for $10 for pickup and then use it on checkout or in the future as long as you are okay opening it in the store before checkout.

IMHO it's too complicated and/or uncertain..

echostorm 03-15-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndman (Post 58253044)
IMHO it's too complicated and/or uncertain..

I wouldn't recommend trying to apply this at the time of purchase - that is too complicated. Uncertain? absolutely not. I redeemed my code and received my Amazon.com gift certificate within 2 minutes after my online transaction. Just make sure you buy the SKU item with the $10 eBook promotion

rndman 03-16-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58253072)
I wouldn't recommend trying to apply this at the time of purchase - that is too complicated. Uncertain? absolutely not. I redeemed my code and received my Amazon.com gift certificate within 2 minutes after my online transaction. Just make sure you buy the SKU item with the $10 eBook promotion

Oh. So are these the steps.

1. Buy the specific Life Of Pi 3D combo set $27.xx
2. This should also give you 500 points for single transaction promo ($27.xx - $10 = $17.xx)
3. Redeem the code activaterewards.com/LOPebook and get amazon.com gift e-gift card for $10 (This can be used on anything on amazon and not restricted.. right?) ($17.xx - $10 = $7.xx)

Is this about right?

soccerdude21490 03-16-2013 06:04 AM

The $10 ebook credit is essentially in the form of a visa pre-paid card (in PDF format), but it's good ONLY towards the purchase of the life of pi book, and you forfeit everything else on the card. So if you buy the ebook for $3, you don't get the $7.

Obviously you can get around that, buuuut that's not recommended.

truelies 03-16-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58252928)

It says $10 for ebook, how can you get amazon gift card with this?

rndman 03-16-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdude21490 (Post 58257468)
The $10 ebook credit is essentially in the form of a visa pre-paid card (in PDF format), but it's good ONLY towards the purchase of the life of pi book, .

Now that's what confuses me. It's a big deal if it restricts only to the eBook.
But then how is OP saying he bought the amazon.com gift certificate. That's the whole issue needs to be clarified..

echostorm 03-16-2013 02:01 PM

The eBook credit is a VISA card that is generated on a webpage that has your manually entered billing address with a security code. They tell you to go buy the eBook at any e-trailer and charge it up to $10 on their credit card. This is much like Hollywood Movie Cash except this e-Cash is telling you to use it as a form of payment as a virtual VISA card. It works on Amazon.com gift certificates

purbeast 03-16-2013 02:05 PM

i was actually most likely going to stop by best buy tonight and pick up this movie. i'll look for the specially marked packages though, thanks.

soccerdude21490 03-16-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rndman (Post 58257522)
Now that's what confuses me. It's a big deal if it restricts only to the eBook.
But then how is OP saying he bought the amazon.com gift certificate. That's the whole issue needs to be clarified..

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58263392)
The eBook credit is a VISA card that is generated on a webpage that has your manually entered billing address with a security code. They tell you to go buy the eBook at any e-trailer and charge it up to $10 on their credit card. This is much like Hollywood Movie Cash except this e-Cash is telling you to use it as a form of payment as a virtual VISA card. It works on Amazon.com gift certificates

Right, lke this guy said.... there is no technical limitations for you to purchase whatever you wanted with it (you could buy dominoes pizza with it if you want) but it's supposed to (according to the ToS) be used to only purchase the ebook.

If you like the promotion, use the promotion or else they won't do these promotions anymore.

deshwasi 03-16-2013 02:52 PM

if you buy the movie online at bestbuy.com are you guaranteed the one with $10 code?

FierceDeityLink 03-16-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdude21490 (Post 58263974)
Right, lke this guy said.... there is no technical limitations for you to purchase whatever you wanted with it (you could buy dominoes pizza with it if you want) but it's supposed to (according to the ToS) be used to only purchase the ebook.

If you like the promotion, use the promotion or else they won't do these promotions anymore.

Probably why OP said to get an Amazon GC with it. Did it yesterday no problems. Bought the GC on Amazon for $10 and applied it to my account.

rndman 03-16-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshwasi (Post 58264054)
if you buy the movie online at bestbuy.com are you guaranteed the one with $10 code?

Yes. It's a different SKU

echostorm 03-16-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshwasi (Post 58264054)

The one I linked online is the one with the eBook promo, so if you order it instore pickup they should pull the one off the shelf with the coupon as the SKU is different.

Trilngn 03-16-2013 06:59 PM

Is there an expiration date to use the "$10 ebook code?"

echostorm 03-16-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdude21490 (Post 58263974)

Frankly buying a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate is the same as buying an eBook. Indeed the gift certificate can be applied later to the Life of Pi as a Kindle book. To the VISA charge it would be to Amazon either way. By charging exactly $10 you maximize your takeaway and relieve yourself of the limited time to redeem the code and card as amazon gift certificates never expire. Amazon if the biggest eBook vendor out there.

thegreatwb 03-16-2013 07:10 PM

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks op and repped!

ballershanelle 03-17-2013 11:05 AM

REPS to the OP!

i guess it is a bit scary to some because the steps are not specific for --spoonfe*-- people.

Buy product. Open product and pull out the ebook slip. Go to website described and enter your real info or fake name and/or address into the website fields. ANY real address but YOUR email needs to be correct, atleast*. Hit enter and a page with your virtual visa card and cc number/expiration date pops up. Save page and/or leave the window open to retrieve virtual cc info. In a new window, log into your Amazon account. Go to gift cards, select the email gift card choice. Follow the instructions. Fill in your email address for the email gift card. Fill in the set your own amount field: $10.00. Choose delivery for; NOW. Proceed to checkout, if the card shows what card logo you picked and amount in the upper right/left hand corner on the gift card page. Hit checkout.

It will prompt you to log into Amazon, again. Instead of your normal Ship TO address, scroll down to add another address to ship to.(this may not be needed but i did) Now, add the address you used to fill out the virtual card. Continue/Next. Fill in the real or fake name, cc info. Review order for accuracy. Complete the order. The card is emailed to you within minutes. Now, redeem that gift card code at Amazon. This will be on your account until you use it

The life of Pi insert slip for the ebook download expires, 7/31/13. One must use the Virtual card money within 90 days after activation. But, you wont wait that long, sdealers!!!! Now, you could wait to catch a better sale price then $27.99 but you could lose out on finding a 3D blu ray combo with the offer on the outside. But, It may always be available...i just typed this from mobile and from memory. mistakes?...ah, i just got 10 bucks back.

ktg 03-17-2013 02:32 PM

Got this today and confirmed that the $10 credit can be immediately turned into an all-purpose Amazon $10 egift card.

Did an online order/in-store pickup. Had a premonition that they would screw up the order somehow, and sure enough, they handed me the version WITHOUT the $10 e-book credit. I pointed out the error, and thankfully they got me the right product quickly.

Just mentioning---the disk also comes with a $8 off store coupon for Fox Searchlight blu-rays (the slip shows Hitchcock, Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and The Sessions; the coupon itself says "Save $8 off any 1 Blu-ray" but doesn't mention specific titles, so it's not clear if this might work on ANY Fox Searchlight title, or just the four listed). Coupon expires May 31st.

BullishDad 03-17-2013 03:16 PM

Thanks OP and ballershanelle for the details.

Here's how getting the Amazon Gift Card worked for me:

1. Get slip inside marked package and enter code at activaterewards.com/LOPebook. They will ask for your name, address and email address.

2. You will see your virtual Visa number on the screen . Then they send you an email with instructions. You are now done with the activaterewards.com website.

3. Go to Amazon.com->Manage Payment Options and add the virtual Visa to your account as a payment method.

4. Got to Amazon->Your Account->Purchase Gift Cards. Purchase a $10 Amazon Gift Card. Send it to a different email address that belongs to you. There will be a button that says "Purchase". After you click it, it will take you to an Amazon log in screen.

5. After the log in, you will have to enter the account number and expiration date of the virtual Visa card. Before you checkout, make sure the last 4 digits of the payment method match the virtual Visa. Complete checkout.

6. Amazon will then send out the $10 gift card. You can apply this to your Amazon account.

MadPup 03-17-2013 03:23 PM

Apologies for the TC, but this really is a BS deal. Target has this DVD/BR for $22.95. As the saying goes, $5 in the hand is better than $10 in some crappy ebook voucher.

echostorm 03-17-2013 03:25 PM

Glad to hear that you guys are getting in on the deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadPup (Post 58280670)
Apologies for the TC, but this really is a BS deal. Target has this DVD/BR for $22.95. As the saying goes, $5 in the hand is better than $10 in some crappy ebook voucher.

$22.95 for the non-3D edition, Target has the 3-disc 3D set for $29.99. So yes, you are threadcrapping, and doing so irrelevantly.

MadPup 03-17-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58280682)
$22.95 for the non-3D edition, Target has the 3-disc 3D set for $29.99. So yes, you are threadcrapping, and doing so irrelevantly.

Apologies for the inaccurate TC.

xpacdx 03-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktg (Post 58279946)
Got this today and confirmed that the $10 credit can be immediately turned into an all-purpose Amazon $10 egift card.

Did an online order/in-store pickup. Had a premonition that they would screw up the order somehow, and sure enough, they handed me the version WITHOUT the $10 e-book credit. I pointed out the error, and thankfully they got me the right product quickly.

Just mentioning---the disk also comes with a $8 off store coupon for Fox Searchlight blu-rays (the slip shows Hitchcock, Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and The Sessions; the coupon itself says "Save $8 off any 1 Blu-ray" but doesn't mention specific titles, so it's not clear if this might work on ANY Fox Searchlight title, or just the four listed). Coupon expires May 31st.

I used my coupon on the b1g1 $10 blurays at bestbuy .... cashier asked "what blu-ray is this for" and i said "it says any" so she manually put it in.

hightop32 03-18-2013 02:23 PM

missed this deal. went on sunday and there was no sign of a special marked package :(

hrdoran 03-18-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 58301860)
missed this deal. went on sunday and there was no sign of a special marked package :(

I went in today and found them in the displays at the front of the shop (Traverse City, MI).

ballershanelle 03-18-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Order online for pickup. I did it as part of the FB\BestBuy 500pt promo

ahmadka 03-19-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballershanelle (Post 58311022)
Order online for pickup. I did it as part of the FB\BestBuy 500pt promo

Is there any specific date by which I must use that $10 code in order to avail that offer ?

echostorm 03-19-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

You should be able to see if it is available for pickup on my original link. Again the deal is SKU specific. Regular price is $29.99, sale price is $27.99, but it is the SKU with the credit that really is the "deal"

purbeast 03-20-2013 08:35 AM

picked it up saturday and watched it in 3d that night. i actually picked up the last copy in the store. i couldn't find it since i never go to best buy and asked an employee if they had it. she checked the computer with me right there and we saw they only had 1 in stock, and she asked another employee where it is. it was sitting over in the "new releases" section, which was nowhere near where i was looking lol. saw the last one sitting there.

neat movie and my wife was literally jumping in her seat at some scenes with the tiger. i am excited to watch the extras.

i used the $10 credit to pick up the hobbit in 3d from amazon so that came to $18. haven't watched it yet though.

ballershanelle 03-20-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmadka (Post 58317734)
Is there any specific date by which I must use that $10 code in order to avail that offer ?

ebook deadline to download is 7/31/13. Use it before 90 days is up.

The 500 point promo: yes, buy and/or pickup the movie before/on the 3/23/13. Make sure you have already linked your bb ccard with your bb rewardzone account. Do a few polls first on bb app on facebook. Buy movie before deadline, saturday. Read the thread on the forum, its not too late but do it now. ;)

Two promos that you are able to combine.

nolf66 03-20-2013 07:14 PM

I used my $10 ebook money on Bioshock Infinite for the PC from Amazon.

PEN15 03-21-2013 08:36 AM

great deal for a new 3d blu-ray. hope the ebook credit works on amazon.com like the others have stated.

adk225 03-21-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrous1 (Post 58367864)
great deal for a new 3d blu-ray. hope the ebook credit works on amazon.com like the others have stated.

worked yesterday evening for a $10 Amazon gc...

logicmeme 03-21-2013 11:20 AM

Thanks OP, great deal!

N2none 03-21-2013 03:00 PM

What is the possibility of Metabank (issuer of the e-money) not paying Amazon, thus Amazon voiding the $10 gift card and charging your account the lost $10?

Does Metabank get a printout of what was purchased with the e-money?

wishmeluck_leo 03-21-2013 03:14 PM

I just bought the bundle Life of Pi (3D Blu-ray + 2D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy+ Ultraviolet) on Ebay for $29.00

Is this the same with the deal here? If so, I'll feel kinda stupid because before I bought on Ebay, I search at Best Buy and thought the price is only for the 3D disc (no 2D bluray) :(

stupidpig 03-21-2013 03:17 PM

Ahhh... tried to get this deal, and become a total mess...... Found one store (out of all stores within 50 miles) still available for pickup. Placed the pickup order and got ready for pick up email, then they hand me the wrong one (without the ebook coupon). I told them that's not the one I want, and they can't found the right one after 40 mins search, even their system shown more than 10 copies are still present in store. At the end they said they will have to fill up some paperwork and refund 2 days later (since they already marked my order is picked up even before hand it to me). Then they try to order it one more time for me from they system for store pickup, took another 20 mins to complete the transaction. Then they found out that the system just shown it can be pickup from store right away, as the system still think that they have it in stock. Cancel one more time, and order again to have it ship to my home, another 10 mins.... And then they put the wrong email address for the order, which cause it not registered to my reward zone, and they asked me to call customer service to handle that.... another hour over the phone because they keep passing my call between departments, and keep dropping my calls during conversation.....

Wasted an hour at BB store, and another hour over phone, and got to wait until another week for delivery. Worst Buy experience. :(

hodaddy 03-23-2013 08:02 AM

Got it. Thanks OP. Amazon gift card worked great. Last day to get in on bonus points. Buy it today!

hppwdn 03-23-2013 07:11 PM

I ordered it on bestbuy.com awhile back for the 500 bonus points deal. Used $15 in reward zone certs from taking facebook surveys to get the price to $12.99. It was free shipping so I just let them ship it. Arrived today, used the $10 ebook deal to get a $10 amazon gift card which I promptly used for an unrelated purchase.

If all goes well this will have ended up as a make money deal for me.

echostorm 03-23-2013 07:16 PM

Nice, glad it worked out for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2none (Post 58377602)
What is the possibility of Metabank (issuer of the e-money) not paying Amazon, thus Amazon voiding the $10 gift card and charging your account the lost $10?

Does Metabank get a printout of what was purchased with the e-money?

No. It's a credit card statement. Look at your credit card statement, it is not itemized.

chuckywang 03-23-2013 08:18 PM

Used the $8 coupon so got it for $19.99 + tax which includes the $10 virtual cc and also the 500 BB points. Great deal!

ballershanelle 03-23-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishmeluck_leo (Post 58377842)
I just bought the bundle Life of Pi (3D Blu-ray + 2D Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy+ Ultraviolet) on Ebay for $29.00

Is this the same with the deal here? If so, I'll feel kinda stupid because before I bought on Ebay, I search at Best Buy and thought the price is only for the 3D disc (no 2D bluray) :(

why did u buy it on ebay when the price was 27.99 on amazon, best buy or most stores? The ebook promo slip is inside the 3d pack. The ebook sticker is on the outside of the case. So, if you get the movie with the slip, it may be redeemed, already. Also, an eight dollar coupon for another movie is inside. Good luck

hightop32 03-23-2013 11:42 PM

so whats up with this $8 off any bluray coupon? is it only good for those pictured, or only those from that studio, or ANY bluray at all?

hariseldon 03-23-2013 11:49 PM

Nobody knows for sure. At places that scan MQ (Walmart/Target) it seems to work for most/any Fox disc. Some folks have had some success at getting other blurays to work with the coupon either by scanning or getting the clerk/manager to go by the Coupon language.

I think some people suspect this was supposed to be used on the pictured 4 items, with other folks arguing those were just meant to be examples of items it could be used for and that it was meant to be a Fox Coupon (either of those interpretations are defensible positions based on past coupons). I think people using it for non-Fox items are intentionally using on items they know it wasn;t meant for just to get away with something due to vague non specific wording (a SD specialty).

wishmeluck_leo 03-23-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballershanelle (Post 58428224)
why did u buy it on ebay when the price was 27.99 on amazon, best buy or most stores? The ebook promo slip is inside the 3d pack. The ebook sticker is on the outside of the case. So, if you get the movie with the slip, it may be redeemed, already. Also, an eight dollar coupon for another movie is inside. Good luck

I didn't know the one I bought is the same with Best Buy since Best Buy didn't provide much of the description. So I thought the one on Ebay is the different one. The one I got from Ebay doesn't have the sticker on the outside of the case (didn't open it yet so don't know if it has the coupon for the other movie or not).This is the very first time I purchase 3d/bluray online so I was confused. Anyway, now I learned my lesson :D I bought the Hotel Transylvania in Bluray to get the 500 points since I don't want to have to deal with the return process for this movie. Next time hope I'll be smarter. G9!

hk09 03-23-2013 11:52 PM

Does Target has this blu ray with the $10 ebook credit?

hightop32 03-23-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 58428416)
Nobody knows for sure. At places that scan MQ (Walmart/Target) it seems to work for most/any Fox disc. Some folks have had some success at getting other blurays to work with the coupon either by scanning or getting the clerk/manager to go by the Coupon language.

I think some people suspect this was supposed to be used on the pictured 4 items, with other folks arguing those were just meant to be examples of items it could be used for and that it was meant to be a Fox Coupon (either of those interpretations are defensible positions based on past coupons). I think people using it for non-Fox items are intentionally using on items they know it wasn;t meant for just to get away with something due to vague non specific wording (a SD specialty).

the manufacturers sure dont go out of their way to make it very clear. they have 3 easily confused/arguable bits of information.

the offer saying 'any'
the 4 movies pictured
and the long legal verbage that muddles all assumptions and basically any of these 3 things can be interpreted in different ways leading to different possible meanings.

i wish i wanted one of the pictured movies, then at least if have that to fall back on. alas i dont.

ballershanelle 03-24-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishmeluck_leo (Post 58428428)
I didn't know the one I bought is the same with Best Buy since Best Buy didn't provide much of the description. So I thought the one on Ebay is the different one. The one I got from Ebay doesn't have the sticker on the outside of the case (didn't open it yet so don't know if it has the coupon for the other movie or not).This is the very first time I purchase 3d/bluray online so I was confused. Anyway, now I learned my lesson :D

Maybe, check the upc number of the bb ebook blu ray against your ebay blu ray. There is a different pic/item sku on bbuy's website between the reg. Pi blu ray/3d and the ebook 3d. You could get lucky, ;)

idreamofdeals 03-24-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echostorm (Post 58246888)

Best Buy has the Life of Pi in 3D, 3 Disc edition for $27.99 this comes with a $10 VISA code for the Life of Pi eBook purchase (specially marked/UPC'ed packages only), but can be redeemed essentially for anything, such as an Amazon.com gift card that can be used in the future to purchase the eBook (or anything else) making this $17.99, double dip right now with the reward zone 500 points back (another $10 future BB credit) and this makes a nice deal. That being said the movie was only okay, and only good if you get the deeper allegory at the end.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Life+...&lp=2&cp=1

The price is $29.99 now

slickfree 03-24-2013 03:30 PM

27.99- $8 coupon -$10RZ - $10egiftcard =tax payment only.

deshwasi 03-27-2013 09:36 AM

thanks OP. didnt manage to catch it at 27.99 but got it at 29.99 yesterday. redeemed code for $10 Amz GC as prescribed.

zas 05-16-2013 09:52 PM

Another Chance to Get 3D Blu-ray for $4.99+tax

For those who missed the earlier deal, you can get it now for $4.99+tax

Fry's have Life of Pi 3D blu-ray for $14.99 as part of the Anniversary Sale . Best Buy now price matches Fry's automatically. So buy the 3D Blu-ray from bestbuy for $14.99 and redeem the ebook code for Amazon GC for $10 essentially making the 3d blu-ray for $4.99. The digital code expires 07/31/2013. Make sure you buy the 3d Blu ray which has Bestbuy Exclusive sticker for ebook.

http://www.frys.com/ads/software-...ndo#AdNavi

Coupons.com had(now no longer available) a $5 off Life of PI DVD/bluray which is valid till May 18th. If anyone has printed off or saved it , they would get it for free.

WilliamG 05-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zas (Post 59508316)
For those who missed the earlier deal, you can get it now for $4.99+tax

Fry's have Life of Pi 3D blu-ray for $14.99 as part of the Anniversary Sale . Best Buy now price matches Fry's automatically. So buy the 3D Blu-ray from bestbuy for $14.99 and redeem the ebook code for Amazon GC for $10 essentially making the 3d blu-ray for $4.99. The digital code expires 07/31/2013. Make sure you buy the 3d Blu ray which has Bestbuy Exclusive sticker for ebook.

http://www.frys.com/ads/software-...ndo#AdNavi

Coupons.com had(now no longer available) a $5 off Life of PI DVD/bluray which is valid till May 18th. If anyone has printed off or saved it , they would get it for free.

No stores have that exclusive version anymore, do they?

RUsum1 05-19-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamG (Post 59509540)
No stores have that exclusive version anymore, do they?

Just got three copies at a store near me. Was also able to use the $8 coupon inside Life of Pi on the movie itself so I paid $8.26 for the movie and still have the gift cards to use.

To clarify, this $10 virtual cash is not restricted to Amazon is it? If I want to buy a Best Buy gift card from bestbuy.com, I can do that too right? I just enter the info like a credit card? I would like to use my three $10 codes to purchase Skyfall (PM Frys for $13) and Avatar Extended (PM Frys for $15) essentially making three 3D Life of Pi + Skyfall + Avatar = $24 total.

FierceDeityLink 05-21-2013 04:30 PM

Tried to use the $8 off coupon on Avatar 3D but it didn't scan. Maybe because I PMed Fry's at $15. Ended up not getting it, but still need something to use the coupon on.

CSIG1001 05-21-2013 04:44 PM

someone kill this misleading deal already

its old

nolf66 05-21-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUsum1 (Post 59553798)
Just got three copies at a store near me. Was also able to use the $8 coupon inside Life of Pi on the movie itself so I paid $8.26 for the movie and still have the gift cards to use.

To clarify, this $10 virtual cash is not restricted to Amazon is it? If I want to buy a Best Buy gift card from bestbuy.com, I can do that too right? I just enter the info like a credit card? I would like to use my three $10 codes to purchase Skyfall (PM Frys for $13) and Avatar Extended (PM Frys for $15) essentially making three 3D Life of Pi + Skyfall + Avatar = $24 total.

Was able to find 2 close by and also used the $8 off coupon inside. Will give the movies as gifts and $20 in amazon credit for me.

nolf66 05-23-2013 04:24 AM

Used my last $8 coupon on Total Recall with a PM to Fry's $12.99 sale. What a great movie for $5 and it has my 2 favorite hotties in it, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.

nolf66 05-26-2013 07:57 AM

This was a great deal. It's over now and I should have drove over to the other side of town that still has stock, oh well. I didn't feel like making an hour round trip.