Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Free Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook (http://slickdeals.net/f/5912396-free-dan-brown-s-the-da-vinci-code-ebook)

rvallejo 03-17-2013 08:48 AM

Free Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook
 
65535 Attachment(s)
Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook is free all week, from Sunday, March 17 - Sunday, March 24, at participating online accounts (the deal is not live at all retailers yet, but it will be). Also includes Apple's iBookstore.

The free eBook will include the prologue and first chapter of Brown's upcoming novel Inferno, out 5/14/13. Enjoy!

B&N.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/d...0385504218

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/The-Da-Vinc...vinci+code

Google
https://play.google.com/store/boo...WlmTHNDIl0.

Kobo
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Th...phNjiQ&r=2

Sony
https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook...0000045100

iconian 03-17-2013 08:48 AM

Free Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook
 
2 Attachment(s)
Barnes & Noble and other online retailers on 3/17 to 3/24 will be offering Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook for Free. Thanks rvallejoNo longer available from the following:

wikipost 03-17-2013 08:49 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Additional sources:
Apple iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/...1661?mt=11


Looks like Google Play has opted not to participate? They are the lone holdout 12 hours later.







This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

vodreaux 03-17-2013 09:08 AM

So far, Google Play and Amazon = $9.99.

deedz2 03-17-2013 09:15 AM

Thx OP, TU and repped, free on Amazon and downloaded. I still haven't finished the paperback, ugh!

Catwoman2012 03-17-2013 09:18 AM

How?? Shows 9.99 i have prime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deedz2 (Post 58275068)
Thx OP, TU and repped, free on Amazon and downloaded. I still haven't finished the paperback, ugh!

How did you get it free???

wooster 03-17-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedz2 (Post 58275068)
Thx OP, TU and repped, free on Amazon and downloaded. I still haven't finished the paperback, ugh!

It shows as 9.99 on Amazon at 12.21 est still, was able to get it free on b&n.

Great Deal !

Grompy 03-17-2013 09:22 AM

I see $10 too both amazon and play store.. How to get free?

hagaf22 03-17-2013 09:23 AM

Definitely not as good as Angels and Demons but a great read none the less, far better than the movie (as usual)

hexydes 03-17-2013 09:28 AM

Still seeing $9.99 on Google and Amazon...

wolfy12 03-17-2013 09:32 AM

Showing as free now on Amazon.

rogueone 03-17-2013 09:32 AM

Amazon showing the 0.00 price for me. Thanks OP!

Outrager 03-17-2013 09:32 AM

Just got it from Amazon for $0. Thanks!
Google still showing $9.99 though.

j_ten_man 03-17-2013 09:33 AM

Read this a few years ago, but I'll definitely take a free copy of it.

ash24U 03-17-2013 09:33 AM

Free for me on amazon. Thanks!

Jermmd 03-17-2013 09:34 AM

Got it, thanks. All this recent Pope stuff has me reading Dan Brown lately.

Joe M.

unini80 03-17-2013 09:34 AM

I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

Krunk 03-17-2013 09:35 AM

$0.00 @ Amazon now.

eeagle 03-17-2013 09:38 AM

Getting us psyched for the

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon) by Dan Brown (May 14, 2013)

his books always make for a great read :)

I too enjoyed Angels and Demons the most; gotta love the power of a Camerlengo

Outrager 03-17-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious Fiction
It's free. No harm in "buying this fairy tale". People can read this work of fiction and then learn "the truth" afterwards if they're interested.

Backlogger 03-17-2013 09:38 AM

Already read it, but in for one anyway for my vast collection!

ciswt 03-17-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagaf22 (Post 58275178)
Definitely not as good as Angels and Demons but a great read none the less, far better than the movie (as usual)

Considering that authors usually give away the 1st book in a series (to get you to buy the sequels) and the fact that Angels and Demons has a papal election (or whatever it's called) you'd think that it would have been the natural choice to make free...

SDRebel 03-17-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

What is the problem with fiction books? If someone can't recognize when something is fiction, then that is their problem

wjb3000 03-17-2013 09:49 AM

Nice, free for me on Amazon. Thanks for the heads up OP.

darkslide29 03-17-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvallejo (Post 58274720)
Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook is free all week, from Sunday, March 17 - Sunday, March 24, at participating online accounts (the deal is not live at all retailers yet, but it will be).

B&N.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/d...0385504218

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/The-Da-Vinc...vinci+code

Google
https://play.google.com/store/boo...WlmTHNDIl0.

Kobo
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Th...phNjiQ&r=2

Sony
https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook...0000045100

Also free on Apple iBooks as well :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/...1661?mt=11

nirvinch 03-17-2013 09:53 AM

Thanks OP thumbed and repped!

Free on Amazon

teatime0315 03-17-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

strong source brah

damnthatsadeal 03-17-2013 10:02 AM

With this whole hype about the new pope I'm definitely gonna dive into the reading. Thx op!

theGr81 03-17-2013 10:04 AM

good book... TU!

deedz2 03-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catwoman2012 (Post 58275124)
How did you get it free???


Well, that's weird, my invoice by email shows $9.99 yet the page clearly showed price as zero with the $9.99 crossed out. Will be calling Amazon to get it corrected.:)

sunseeker 03-17-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

It's fiction, but that doesn't mean it's not a good story. Plus, we didn't buy it....it was free.:lmao:

erthian 03-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teatime0315 (Post 58275672)
strong source brah

The source is strong with this one.

JackyC313 03-17-2013 10:28 AM

It's free now on Amazon

magnovox00 03-17-2013 10:28 AM

If angels and demons supposed to be prequel, am i supposed read angels and demons first or davinci code first?

ProContra 03-17-2013 10:28 AM

Can't beat free, got it from amazon.

deedz2 03-17-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catwoman2012 (Post 58275124)
How did you get it free???


It's all good, just TT them and they had me rebuy it on my ipad...she said their site had a glitch and even though it was showing free it was charging $9.99...so everyone double check your email confirmations to be sure. The email confirmation showed the charge, whereas the actual Amazon kindle site showed free after I bought it and had even shared with my dd. :)

jbloggs 03-17-2013 10:42 AM

As usual Google is last to price adjust to free, God forbid anyone get free media from Google without them making some money from Ads.

quattro 03-17-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvallejo (Post 58274720)
Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code eBook is free all week, from Sunday, March 17 - Sunday, March 24, at participating online accounts (the deal is not live at all retailers yet, but it will be). Also includes Apple's iBookstore.

The free eBook will include the prologue and first chapter of Brown's upcoming novel Inferno, out 5/14/13. Enjoy!

Does anyone other than me use OverDrive Media Console (OMC) <http://omc.overdrive.com/> to read eBooks? If I'm not mistaken, the file extension is epub.

If you're an OMC user, please tell me which of the listed sites' offerings can be read with OMC, thanks! :bounce:

vodreaux 03-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=41


Everyone know the book is work of fiction!

The Irony, the AlwaysBeReady is trying to be Politically Correct but it is Intolerant, Close Minded and very Biased. You say, it's barely respectful people of other faiths and people who has different version of Christianity.


------------------
My favorite on the recommend bar.


The Malacca Conspiracy
› Don Brown <______________It DON, not DAN. Hope people pay attention.

MommaLovesDinero 03-17-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkslide29 (Post 58275622)
Also free on Apple iBooks as well :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/...1661?mt=11

Thanks!! Yay iBooks version!! Fiction re-read here I come :))

Vortex3D 03-17-2013 11:01 AM

Amazon shows it requires Kindle Cloud Reader which I don't use. Any other sites that let you use like PDF?

emazur 03-17-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnovox00 (Post 58276174)
If angels and demons supposed to be prequel, am i supposed read angels and demons first or davinci code first?

Doesn't matter in my opinion - I read both and started w/ Da Vinci Code.

Anyway, for fans of the TV series 24, I would highly recommend Dan Brown's books (except for Digital Fortress, which is just OK). If you're interested but just don't like reading, I'd suggest the audiobooks which in particular is good for Da Vinci Code b/c it uses a lot of foreign words (mostly French) and it's nice to hear how the word is supposed to be properly pronounced.

Also, fans of the Deus Ex videogames (especially the first one) should check out Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons as you'll get some interesting background on some of the conspiratorial forces you'll come across in the games

andrew_ng 03-17-2013 11:21 AM

Thanks OP!

Wort70 03-17-2013 11:21 AM

Got it. Thanks!

TheManOfSteel 03-17-2013 11:26 AM

Just got it free on iBooks store, thanks

MyBallsItch 03-17-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodreaux (Post 58276420)
You say, it's barely respect people of other faiths and people who has different version of Christianity.

I am not sure what you tried to say here, but respect is something you earn, not something you get because of a certain delusion you have.

MyBallsItch 03-17-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

Cristian apologetics... Even the name is hilarious.

wqj2101 03-17-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks, OP! Got it for free on Amazon.

namaste1 03-17-2013 11:41 AM

Thanks OP! Repped! Read it a few years ago, very entertaining. People, remember this is a FICTION. No one said it was a documentary.

rshetts 03-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBallsItch (Post 58277216)
I am not sure what you tried to say here, but respect is something you earn, not something you get because of a certain delusion you have.

Vodreaux's comment was poorly worded, I believe the word he meant to use instead of respect, is respectful. You can be respectful of another's beliefs without agreeing with them. Its kind of part of the US constitution. Its okay to believe that Christianity is delusional, as long as you are respectful of others rights to believe and worship as they wish.

hexydes 03-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloggs (Post 58276356)
As usual Google is last to price adjust to free, God forbid anyone get free media from Google without them making some money from Ads.

You know, I really try to stand up for Google's mobile initiative, and tell people that it is good...but then they do crap like this that makes me think they don't actually take their Play Store seriously.

Get it together, Google.

quattro 03-17-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshetts (Post 58277454)
You can be respectful of another's beliefs without agreeing with them. Its kind of part of the US constitution. Its okay to believe that Christianity is delusional, as long as you are respectful of others rights to believe and worship as they wish.

Dang. you could teach today's politicians, along with the Religious Right, a thing or two! :worship::worship::worship:

I once saw what has become one of my all-time favorite bumper stickers: "Focus on Your Own Damn Family" :woot::woot::woot:

ciswt 03-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloggs (Post 58276356)
As usual Google is last to price adjust to free, God forbid anyone get free media from Google without them making some money from Ads.

Still haven't updated the price. I'll bet the googlers are out drinking green beer somewhere instead of showing up to work on a weekend drinking holiday..

Quote:

Originally Posted by quattro (Post 58276382)
Does anyone other than me use OverDrive Media Console (OMC) <http://omc.overdrive.com/> to read eBooks? If I'm not mistaken, the file extension is epub.

If you're an OMC user, please tell me which of the listed sites' offerings can be read with OMC, thanks! :bounce:

I think you are correct that omc only views epubs. I think that all the offerings besides amazon are in epub format, but they also all probably come with their own drm and I'm not sure how that works with overdrive. Google and amazon both have free web based readers which are perfectly functional..

jbloggs 03-17-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quattro (Post 58276382)
Does anyone other than me use OverDrive Media Console (OMC) <http://omc.overdrive.com/> to read eBooks? If I'm not mistaken, the file extension is epub.

If you're an OMC user, please tell me which of the listed sites' offerings can be read with OMC, thanks! :bounce:

I didn't even know such an app existed (Will try it out), but the following may help.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/...p?t=165676

kitsvel 03-17-2013 12:26 PM

Awesome...Thanks!

krazyshopper 03-17-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeagle (Post 58275420)
Getting us psyched for the

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon) by Dan Brown (May 14, 2013)

his books always make for a great read :)

I too enjoyed Angels and Demons the most; gotta love the power of a Camerlengo

Finally, a new book from him. He takes forever in between books he releases.

deedz2 03-17-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooster (Post 58275154)
It shows as 9.99 on Amazon at 12.21 est still, was able to get it free on b&n.

Great Deal !

Not for me, it was showing as $0.00 when I posted approx 12:15 PM and I am on EST.:)

deedz2 03-17-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quattro (Post 58277674)
Dang. you could teach today's politicians, along with the Religious Right, a thing or two! :worship::worship::worship:

I once saw what has become one of my all-time favorite bumper stickers: "Focus on Your Own Damn Family" :woot::woot::woot:

You inadvertently left out the Religious Left, so I added it for you....you're welcome. :)

forumz 03-17-2013 12:57 PM

sweet deal! already have the hardcover book, but in for 1 for the kindle. thanks op!

quattro 03-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedz2 (Post 58278446)
You inadvertently left out the Religious Left, so I added it for you....you're welcome. :)

Thanks! TU!

walterg74 03-17-2013 02:19 PM

Hmmm guess it's only the US itunes bookstore, since it's showing 9.99 for me... No worries, got it @Amazon.

quattro 03-17-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloggs (Post 58277966)
I didn't even know such an app existed (Will try it out), but the following may help.http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165676

Thank you; you reminded me OverDrive is an Adobe offering. The OverDrive Web site offers books directly from the Gutenberg* Foundation. Local libraries offer EPUB books, too. Books directly from OnverDrive have no expiration date (because all of the Foundation's offerings are public-domain books, which means many are very old; a good source of ancient-history. I'm now catching up on Ulysses S. Grant's memoirs. :woot: * - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutenberg_Bible

avonian 03-17-2013 02:34 PM

I've got the hardcover that I've never read because I'm short on time. So maybe I can read it now while I'm on the go! :) Thanks, OP and repped!

bluejen 03-17-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortex3D (Post 58276628)
Amazon shows it requires Kindle Cloud Reader which I don't use. Any other sites that let you use like PDF?

If you have an iPad, you can download the Kindle app and read it on there. I have an early Kindle and I can't even read on it anymore - it looks like crap compared to a good screen.

eeagle 03-17-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyQ (Post 58282926)
I have an early Kindle and I can't even read on it anymore - it looks like crap compared to a good screen.

Interesting comment. I have a Kindle 1 as well, but it still works perfectly.

In fact I like it for checking out ebooks from the local library because for some reason they never expire, until you do a new sync, so you can take as much time to read as you have :)

Outrager 03-17-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeagle (Post 58283702)
Interesting comment. I have a Kindle 1 as well, but it still works perfectly.

In fact I like it for checking out ebooks from the local library because for some reason they never expire, until you do a new sync, so you can take as much time to read as you have :)

Thanks for that info. I always assumed they would have something coded into them to not let you read anymore after it expired. I should try checking out some eBooks from my library again. The last time I checked nothing was ever available since they always only had like 3 copies of a book.

hexydes 03-17-2013 06:57 PM

Google still the lone holdout. Pretty pathetic...

dbkjones 03-17-2013 07:16 PM

I'm still seeing 9.99 at Amazon...

Brewat0174 03-17-2013 07:28 PM

Great dealthanks OP!

devildog820 03-17-2013 07:45 PM

Did it go back to $10 on Amazon? Still showing $9.99 for me.

stanclave 03-17-2013 07:46 PM

Amazon & Google still show $9.99

bluejen 03-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeagle (Post 58283702)
Interesting comment. I have a Kindle 1 as well, but it still works perfectly.

In fact I like it for checking out ebooks from the local library because for some reason they never expire, until you do a new sync, so you can take as much time to read as you have :)

Mine works fine, I just can't stand the screen anymore after having such an awesome screen on the iPad. I still do the library thing as well, I just don't use my Kindle to read the books. I'll always prefer a "real" book, but sometimes it's just not practical. :shake:

deedz2 03-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbkjones (Post 58284514)
I'm still seeing 9.99 at Amazon...

I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog820 (Post 58284958)
Did it go back to $10 on Amazon? Still showing $9.99 for me.

I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanclave (Post 58284984)
Amazon & Google still show $9.99

I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.

devildog820 03-17-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedz2 (Post 58285232)
I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th. :)


I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.


I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.

So what you're saying is:

I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.

deedz2 03-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog820 (Post 58285286)
So what you're saying is:

I would call them at Amazon. Their page had a "glitch" earlier today at the start of the free promo...showed free but was charging $9.99, I called and they credited me. Just call them and inquire and they will help you since the promo is thru the 24th.

You got it to all three of you. :)

Thare520 03-17-2013 08:55 PM

Since Amazon doesn't want to drop the price I'm just going to d/l it via torrent. Screw it.

Baddogdaddy 03-17-2013 09:23 PM

Thank you OP, repped!

gymsock 03-17-2013 09:35 PM

Someone please post when Amazon drops their price to FREE(I'll rep you). All I'm seeing is $9.99 and I really don't feel like talking to Amazon tonight. You would think that by now they would have their "glitch" fixed. Maybe they dropped out of the offer.

Yell0w 03-17-2013 09:57 PM

arrg, accidentally brought it from amazon without noticing the price.

cwing 03-17-2013 10:04 PM

Nice and free!

terthen 03-17-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yell0w (Post 58286580)
arrg, accidentally brought it from amazon without noticing the price.

Ha, me too! had to waste another 10 minutes getting my money back from amazon...

firstdavis 03-17-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymsock (Post 58286392)
Someone please post when Amazon drops their price to FREE(I'll rep you). All I'm seeing is $9.99 and I really don't feel like talking to Amazon tonight. You would think that by now they would have their "glitch" fixed. Maybe they dropped out of the offer.

now free on amazon ! grab it :)

TheMadMule 03-17-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstdavis (Post 58286686)
now free on amazon ! grab it :)

Browsing the Kindle Store on my Kindle, I can confirm this!

firstdavis 03-17-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadMule (Post 58286722)
Browsing the Kinde Store on my Kindle, I can confirm this!

even on their website. without any error. its free now !

gymsock 03-17-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstdavis (Post 58286686)
now free on amazon ! grab it :)

Thanks! Finally FREE for me on Amazon and it correctly charged $0.00 :woot:

firstdavis 03-17-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thare520 (Post 58285894)
Since Amazon doesn't want to drop the price I'm just going to d/l it via torrent. Screw it.

free on amazon now FYI !

avidwriter 03-17-2013 10:48 PM

Are there any "free ebook of the day/week" sales on any sites? Seems only BN does the one on friday.

chompie 03-17-2013 11:04 PM

Repped, thanks!

metaldood 03-17-2013 11:29 PM

Amazon is $0

unini80 03-17-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teatime0315 (Post 58275672)
strong source brah


Thanks. Check it out. I was amazed by the information from alwaysbeready website.

unini80 03-17-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodreaux (Post 58276420)
Everyone know the book is work of fiction!

The Irony, the AlwaysBeReady is trying to be Politically Correct but it is Intolerant, Close Minded and very Biased. You say, it's barely respect people of other faiths and people who has different version of Christianity.

Apparently you didn't do your homework. Examine the facts, and see for yourself.
I am not trying to push anything on you. The only people that are close minded are the ones that do not examine the other side of the story. I've examined both sides.

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

Just a thought.

MacNasty 03-18-2013 12:28 AM

Got it. For free, I love free stuff. Plus, this was a pretty darn good book.

smed1065 03-18-2013 01:11 AM

Free on google too. TY

EarthBoundX5 03-18-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterg74 (Post 58279686)
Hmmm guess it's only the US itunes bookstore, since it's showing 9.99 for me... No worries, got it @Amazon.

Nope, I'm in the US and its showing 9.99 for me as well...

Solver 03-18-2013 03:31 AM

Using the link provided, on iTunes it appears as $9.99. Anybody else seeing it for free there?

aznchris99 03-18-2013 04:11 AM

Sweet!!

dwnmree 03-18-2013 04:31 AM

nice! thanks!

ipburns 03-18-2013 04:50 AM

Thanks!

SlickDealio 03-18-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodreaux (Post 58274944)
So far, Google Play and Amazon = $9.99.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catwoman2012 (Post 58275124)
How did you get it free???

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooster (Post 58275154)
It shows as 9.99 on Amazon at 12.21 est still, was able to get it free on b&n.

Great Deal !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grompy (Post 58275166)
I see $10 too both amazon and play store.. How to get free?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexydes (Post 58275244)
Still seeing $9.99 on Google and Amazon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrager (Post 58275308)
Just got it from Amazon for $0. Thanks!
Google still showing $9.99 though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbkjones (Post 58284514)
I'm still seeing 9.99 at Amazon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog820 (Post 58284958)
Did it go back to $10 on Amazon? Still showing $9.99 for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanclave (Post 58284984)
Amazon & Google still show $9.99

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymsock (Post 58286392)
Someone please post when Amazon drops their price to FREE(I'll rep you). All I'm seeing is $9.99 and I really don't feel like talking to Amazon tonight. You would think that by now they would have their "glitch" fixed. Maybe they dropped out of the offer.

Yesterday Google Play and Amazon were $9.99 for me. This morning I tried it again and it is now free. Try again.

andrew_ng 03-18-2013 05:05 AM

Just grabbed it on the Play store! Thanks!

cappi 03-18-2013 05:25 AM

how do i put this on the shitty iphone

ViciousTide 03-18-2013 05:32 AM

Worthy trash for reading on the toilet. Though finishing the Art of War first.

angelus730 03-18-2013 05:37 AM

Still shows 9.99 in the iBookstore. Bought it for kindle for 0.

xcopy 03-18-2013 05:45 AM

Free is fine, but there's a real downside to ebooks. Purportedly, there's a case going to the supreme court (though I don't see it on the docket yet) that may fundamentally change our right to own property in this country.

Publishers do NOT allow you to own ebooks; you RENT them. They can prevent you from reading them on other devices, sharing them, giving them away, etc., and if their vision of the future sets precedence, you will potentially own nothing, from your car, to dvds you "bought", to the pot and pans in your kitchen.Though it sounds like something from a science fiction story, the threat is real and not just imagined.

Of course it's hard to carry a book with you sometimes and ebooks are virtually painless since you have a device with you, but don't spend real money on ebooks unless you want to throw it away. If property rights are restored, fine, until then, you're smarter if you don't "buy" (i.e., temporarily rent) any locked down DRM protected book, and this qualifies as a prime example.

Yes, I know this is free, but that's not the real point, is it?

justan 03-18-2013 05:48 AM

Free on amazon as well. :D Now I can read it on my Kindle even though I won't read it. lol

http://www.amazon.com/The-Da-Vinc...804&sr=8-2

slick-dude 03-18-2013 06:01 AM

Its not free on iTunes?! Direct link to free ebook, please.

TAT_SHINTA 03-18-2013 06:06 AM

I don't know anyone I know that haven't read this book.

walterg74 03-18-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappi (Post 58289096)
how do i put this on the shitty iphone

Why do yu have an iphone if it's "shitty"...? :shake:

justan 03-18-2013 06:12 AM

How do I buy the book on Google play store? I see no buy button on the page.

yokosohokkaido 03-18-2013 06:15 AM

Free via amazon !! Thanks OP.

motaku96 03-18-2013 06:22 AM

Free is good. Dunno if I'll read it but maybe it'll make me look sophisticated.

blueiedgod 03-18-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcopy (Post 58289342)
Free is fine, but there's a real downside to ebooks. Purportedly, there's a case going to the supreme court (though I don't see it on the docket yet) that may fundamentally change our right to own property in this country.

Publishers do NOT allow you to own ebooks; you RENT them. They can prevent you from reading them on other devices, sharing them, giving them away, etc., and if their vision of the future sets precedence, you will potentially own nothing, from your car, to dvds you "bought", to the pot and pans in your kitchen.Though it sounds like something from a science fiction story, the threat is real and not just imagined.

Of course it's hard to carry a book with you sometimes and ebooks are virtually painless since you have a device with you, but don't spend real money on ebooks unless you want to throw it away. If property rights are restored, fine, until then, you're smarter if you don't "buy" (i.e., temporarily rent) any locked down DRM protected book, and this qualifies as a prime example.

Yes, I know this is free, but that's not the real point, is it?


There was a study about eReaders in general, and the perfect screen makes you retain significantly less information than the imperfect print on paper.

So, even if you only "renting" the books, you are not remembering most of the content... :D

so, lose-lose situation...

latester 03-18-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58289802)
There was a study about eReaders in general, and the perfect screen makes you retain significantly less information than the imperfect print on paper.

So, even if you only "renting" the books, you are not remembering most of the content... :D

so, lose-lose situation...

Interesting, link please?

Steeldeals 03-18-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcopy (Post 58289342)
Free is fine, but there's a real downside to ebooks. Purportedly, there's a case going to the supreme court (though I don't see it on the docket yet) that may fundamentally change our right to own property in this country.

Publishers do NOT allow you to own ebooks; you RENT them. They can prevent you from reading them on other devices, sharing them, giving them away, etc., and if their vision of the future sets precedence, you will potentially own nothing, from your car, to dvds you "bought", to the pot and pans in your kitchen.Though it sounds like something from a science fiction story, the threat is real and not just imagined.

This complaint about "ebooks" really isn't a complaint about ebooks, it's about DRM. Although most big name authors and publishers currently choose to put DRM on their files, nothing about the concept of ebooks in general requires it. Without DRM, you are free to read your ebooks on any device you choose. (That does not, however, mean you have the right to give away those ebooks to others, nor should it. That's what copyright is all about.)

This is analogous to digital music files, where eventually, everyone in the business realized that DRM actually got in the way of selling product, so most have done away with it. Same is bound to happen with ebooks sooner or later if the publishers still want to have any business years from now.

Personally, I'm happy to pay for my ebooks and music files, but I refuse to buy either if they are encumbered by DRM.

Grompy 03-18-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDealio (Post 58288910)
Yesterday Google Play and Amazon were $9.99 for me. This morning I tried it again and it is now free. Try again.

Thanks for the reminder!

kiawia32 03-18-2013 07:03 AM

I have a nook, so when free books are only offered for kindle, I convert them to epub and load them through calibre (though obviously not the case here with the multiple sources).

Calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/

Instructions on removing DRM + plugin: http://www.the-digital-reader.com...Ucd7hzUllM

Once it's set up, it's pretty simple. That way, I can still read my kindle books without using my phone or rooting my nook.

kanoej 03-18-2013 07:03 AM

iTunes is still 9.99 :(

justice_beaver 03-18-2013 07:04 AM

Just got it free on Google Play Store, using the link the OP.

blueiedgod 03-18-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latester (Post 58289862)
Interesting, link please?


http://people.oregonstate.edu/~sa...scroll.pdf

vodreaux 03-18-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshetts (Post 58277454)
Vodreaux's comment was poorly worded, I believe the word he meant to use instead of respect, is respectful. You can be respectful of another's beliefs without agreeing with them. Its kind of part of the US constitution. Its okay to believe that Christianity is delusional, as long as you are respectful of others rights to believe and worship as they wish.


Thank you! For the clarification.


------------------------------------


Back to the free book. Dan Brown sold millions of 'The Da Vinci Code" in US alone.


If anyone still having problems getting the ebook for free. You can most likely find physical book free at your local library used book section for sale section or find some friend or family member give to you free.

Stryder5 03-18-2013 07:19 AM

In for Amazon and Google books. I think I have a hard copy at home already though haha.

redeyes 03-18-2013 07:22 AM

had to try several time for Google Play, but it worked. Thanks.

Steeldeals 03-18-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58289802)
There was a study about eReaders in general, and the perfect screen makes you retain significantly less information than the imperfect print on paper.

So, even if you only "renting" the books, you are not remembering most of the content... :D

so, lose-lose situation...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58290530)

Did you actually read the study you cited? It's about text on scrolling web pages vs. text formatted as distinct pages. It is not about ebooks vs. printed books, much less ereader screens vs. paper. Even if the study's findings were broadly applied to ebooks (which the study authors did not do), many ebook reading devices and software have the capability to display text as virtual "pages", like reading a traditional book, which would satisfy study authors' definition of formatted pages.

beyonddc 03-18-2013 07:28 AM

Got it from Amazon and Google Play. Thank you

icepop4who 03-18-2013 07:40 AM

People with the tinfoil hats who scream "YOU DON'T OWN IT!!! DIGITAL SUCKS" really needs a reality check.

You don't ever OWN copyrighted works. You only "own" the medium it comes in; whether it's books, CDs or games, you never actually own the content. You are merely licensing or "renting," if you will, the content for personal consumption. It's true that with digital content you are missing the physical medium, but few sheets of paper or a plastic disc doesn't entitle you any different treatment than the digital content. If any of the content providers goes out of business (which is highly unlikely), they will always give you a way to transfer to physical media as per most company policies.

To truly "own" a book, song or movie means you have the right to distribute it, modify it, and use the copyrighted work in any way possible. This is why you pay $10 for books instead of $2.5 million for them, and the reason there are disclaimers on the first few pages of every book. The ONLY difference between physical and digital content is that the content providers can ENFORCE their license agreement to you. Your sharing of any kind has always been strictly speaking "illegal" but they had no way to enforce that.

The only point to own physical media, legality wise (personal preference excluding), is to circumvent the law. There is nothing inherently more liberating from buying physical media than digital content. In fact, it's often more legal to transfer from a digital content to physical media than the other way around. (i.e. printing some pages of a book vs. scanning books into pdf. The former is sometimes allowed but the latter is a complete violation of copyright law.)

3Wire 03-18-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41

Yes, by all means, you are certainly free to choose which fairy tale to believe in.

Or none at all.

MacFrugal 03-18-2013 07:59 AM

I hope his new book is better than his last one which was awful. This review hits the nail on the head:

A good two-thirds of the book (I'm not exaggerating, I counted the pages) was filled with variations on such a scene:

Character A: Have you heard of X?
Character B (usually Langdon): Yes, but I thought that was just a myth.
Character A shows or tells B something.
Character B reacts with shock.
Then, insert scenes of people walking from one place to another, being chased.
Then, insert the sentence "Suddenly everything made sense." At least for the next ten pages.
Repeat.

Judas1 03-18-2013 08:03 AM

Already read it. It was good but definitely overrated. But I'll add it to my digital collection since its free. Thanx!

nikla 03-18-2013 08:33 AM

Thx OP. Got from Amazon. iTunes is showing 9.99

daxeem 03-18-2013 08:40 AM

iOS users,

Sony click the banner in the bookstore. It will still show the $9.99 price. I just searched for it then it showed up free in the results. Try that.

sjmason 03-18-2013 08:42 AM

Thanks, I was finally able to download it from iTunes.

ae86takumi 03-18-2013 09:11 AM

THE DA VINCI CODE, featuring the prologue and first chapter of INFERNO, is FREE on NOOK!
 
Barnes and Noble has the Da Vinci code for free for Nook.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/d...icode_free

urmeli 03-18-2013 09:30 AM

Thanks, OP - don't have the Nook but saw your post and Amazon has it free too for Kindle (posted in another thread already)
http://www.amazon.com/The-Da-Vinc...B000FA675C

blueiedgod 03-18-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unini80 (Post 58275352)
I wouldn't buy this fairy tale.
Don't you want to know the truth?

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/inde...&Itemid=41


Based on the evidence presented in both stories, Dan Brown's is more plausable due to more supporting evidence, other than hearsay in the originally edited version by the church.

illini_brian 03-18-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFrugal (Post 58291626)
I hope his new book is better than his last one which was awful. This review hits the nail on the head:

A good two-thirds of the book (I'm not exaggerating, I counted the pages) was filled with variations on such a scene:

Character A: Have you heard of X?
Character B (usually Langdon): Yes, but I thought that was just a myth.
Character A shows or tells B something.
Character B reacts with shock.
Then, insert scenes of people walking from one place to another, being chased.
Then, insert the sentence "Suddenly everything made sense." At least for the next ten pages.
Repeat.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

[I'm still going to read the next one though... :shake:]

shivs123in 03-18-2013 09:48 AM

I got it from itunes (ibook) from my iphone5. But I see only 99 pages and the download said sample. I was expecting to be 600+ pages. Wondering whats happening here?

blueiedgod 03-18-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeldeals (Post 58290932)
Did you actually read the study you cited? It's about text on scrolling web pages vs. text formatted as distinct pages. It is not about ebooks vs. printed books, much less ereader screens vs. paper. Even if the study's findings were broadly applied to ebooks (which the study authors did not do), many ebook reading devices and software have the capability to display text as virtual "pages", like reading a traditional book, which would satisfy study authors' definition of formatted pages.

Did you scroll when reading the study, or printed and read it on paper? :D

It may not apply directly to eReaders, per se, but, can you "dog ear" eReader page? Can you place an adhesive flag, so that it sticks out of the page you want to refer to. Perhaps use color coded page tabs which will have a memory embedded association with a passage, so that once you see the color, you will remember what it is about, without having to physically open the book?



Quote:

In the present context, readers who have lower WMC could be predicted to show the largest decrease in comprehension caused by scrolling, as they are less able to maintain both the surface representation of the text while also processing the relationships between the text units.
Quote:

One possible reason scrolling had a negative effect on comprehension may be the fact that it requires readers to both maintain a surface representation of a text and engage in comprehension processes. Consistent with this explanation, scrolling can be thought of as exacerbating the cognitive demands or load on readers, which especially affects lower-WMC readers. Another possibility is that lower-WMC readers may
have difficulty controlling their attention while reading scrolling texts and may be more likely to become disoriented or lost during reading. A third possibility is that when faced with scrolling texts, lower-WMC readers may fail to engage in consolidation or integration processes regularly. Without the prompt offered by page breaks, low-WMC readers may fail to engage in wrap-up processes critical for comprehension.

gameson 03-18-2013 10:08 AM

I tried like 10 times to get it from GPlay, but it has that circle running thing every time. Anyone know which store have the PDF file ebook instead of using reader (iTunes, Amazon, B&N use readers to read the book)?

Thanks.

beowulf7 03-18-2013 10:14 AM

Are any of them in PDF format?

BlackHat001X 03-18-2013 10:19 AM

$0.00 on Amazon. Thanks OP.

Enflux 03-18-2013 10:33 AM

Thank you. Love this book.

Steeldeals 03-18-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58294252)
Did you scroll when reading the study, or printed and read it on paper? :D

It may not apply directly to eReaders, per se, but, can you "dog ear" eReader page? Can you place an adhesive flag, so that it sticks out of the page you want to refer to. Perhaps use color coded page tabs which will have a memory embedded association with a passage, so that once you see the color, you will remember what it is about, without having to physically open the book?

The study was published as a PDF file formatted in pages, so I read it one page at a time, just like I would with a printed document. (Text scrolling, the topic of the study, didn't apply.)

In my entire life, I don't think I've ever used multiple colors of adhesive flags on a book. Ebook devices and software have a variety of methods to bookmark pages, without having to "dog ear" a page, which actually damages the paper. You can electronically search for words or phrases in ebooks. You can also attach electronic notes to ebooks, without having to scribble on page margins. You can back up files, so the precious documents won't be gone if your house burns down. You can carry a whole library's worth of ebooks in a pocket. Etcetera.

beowulf7 03-18-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 58295066)
Here you go. :D

Thanks!

brianlee 03-18-2013 10:37 AM

This book is absolute heresy, I wouldn't touch it with a pole. Too bad we can't burn copies of these books!

GeoTrax 03-18-2013 10:46 AM

thanks a lot. this is a good deal.

I love this book. It's really nice to have it added to my digital collection.

ratherDashing 03-18-2013 12:26 PM

I'm unable to purchase this through BN.com.

I have a nook, log in with my account, click "FREE" and it has me enter my login and password and then does nothing. This is using Chrome.

rturner1 03-18-2013 12:27 PM

I have iphone 4s went through the iTunes store and it directed me to ibooks it was free.. :D thanks OP

blueiedgod 03-18-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianlee (Post 58295512)
This book is absolute heresy, I wouldn't touch it with a pole. Too bad we can't burn copies of these books!


Has history not taught you anything?

The Inquisition [youtube.com]

The inquisition alone set us back about 500 years of advancements. Imagine going to the moon in 1469 instead of 1969? PC in 1480...

MyBallsItch 03-18-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58299410)
Has history not taught you anything?

The Inquisition [youtube.com]

The inquisition alone set us back about 500 years of advancements. Imagine going to the moon in 1469 instead of 1969? PC in 1480...

Hey without the inquisition we wouldnt know how to properly and legally torture people today in "modern times".

fyu 03-18-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianlee (Post 58295512)
This book is absolute heresy, I wouldn't touch it with a pole. Too bad we can't burn copies of these books!

I worship this book. it speaks truths

Zapfire86 03-18-2013 02:18 PM

In 4 1 +1 OP tnx

Zapfire86 03-18-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianlee (Post 58295512)
This book is absolute heresy, I wouldn't touch it with a pole. Too bad we can't burn copies of these books!


Best book every, have the hard cover & now I have the digital. :D:cool:

sarlo100 03-18-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianlee (Post 58295512)
This book is absolute heresy, I wouldn't touch it with a pole. Too bad we can't burn copies of these books!

Cool story, bro [youtube.com].

MacFrugal 03-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 58300962)
I worship this book. it speaks truths


What truths? The book fails to pay off on what it promises.

chunli 03-18-2013 03:26 PM

What app do you need to read an eBook on android?

MyBallsItch 03-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunli (Post 58303146)
What app do you need to read an eBook on android?

Go to the play store, search for the kindle app, and it will also show alternatives.

EarthBoundX5 03-18-2013 04:37 PM

showing up finally as free on iTunes

chunli 03-18-2013 05:31 PM

For the android, which is better reader app to use? Nook or kindle? Seems I have to install one of the apps to DL the book.

myselfdotcom 03-18-2013 05:34 PM

I remember when the movie came out, I sold the da Vinci signed book by author for a lot of money

silverkitsune27 03-18-2013 07:03 PM

Thanks and repped!

LondonsCalling 03-18-2013 07:49 PM

Thanks.

rcs1 03-18-2013 10:34 PM

To me, at this point, this book isn't worth the paper it isn't printed on. This has nothing to do with my religious beliefs - Dan Brown just isn't a very good writer. Want to know who the bad guy is in any of his novels? It's the least likely person whom you are introduced to and told how awesome they are. The exception to this was The Lost Symbol -but there it was so ridiculously obvious from the beginning I could hardly believe it - and it was by far the worst of the Robert Langdon series.

This isn't bad as very light fiction goes, and neither was Angels & Demons. But then you start to realize that all of his books follow a similar pattern - claim something outlandish as researched truth, and then hang a hackneyed mystery plot on it, where completely ridiculous coincidence and circumstance move the plot along at a fast pace. They are like Taco Bell -hard to put down, but completely unfufilling, and when you are done you feel guilty that you ate it again, when you swore you would start being healthy and watching what you eat.

Vortex3D 03-19-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyQ (Post 58282926)
If you have an iPad, you can download the Kindle app and read it on there. I have an early Kindle and I can't even read on it anymore - it looks like crap compared to a good screen.

So not readable on the PC?

thisaznboi88 03-19-2013 05:56 AM

free book!! probably never going to be read, but its free can't complain

blueiedgod 03-19-2013 06:11 AM

This book is no different than Talmud, Bible, Koran, or any other religious text. All of which were written by men aspiring to be good writers. All cover the same fictional stories over and over, just from different angles.

Neither provide the slightest shred of evidence of being actual accounts of events and/or timing of the said event, and should be treated just like any sci-fi, aka fiction.

However, Dan Brown's style is a little bit more riveting than stories that have been told for the last 5,000 years, hence the popularity. Don't take me wrong, the orginal stories also had sex, gore and violence, and were probably placed in the book to attract the reader/listener at the time.

However, it seems that people who discount this book have not actually read the original stories, and only go by what someone (usually their religious leader) told them is in the book.

Which is again, happenning here, people who are mostly discounting this book, or calling it heresey, have not actually read it, and just go by what they have been told by someone (usually their religious leader).

vodreaux 03-19-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiedgod (Post 58313598)
This book is no different than Talmud, Bible, Koran, or any other religious text. All of which were written by men aspiring to be good writers. All cover the same fictional stories over and over, just from different angles.

Neither provide the slightest shred of evidence of being actual accounts of events and/or timing of the said event, and should be treated just like any sci-fi, aka fiction.

However, Dan Brown's style is a little bit more riveting than stories that have been told for the last 5,000 years, hence the popularity. Don't take me wrong, the orginal stories also had sex, gore and violence, and were probably placed in the book to attract the reader/listener at the time.

However, it seems that people who discount this book have not actually read the original stories, and only go by what someone (usually their religious leader) told them is in the book.

Which is again, happenning here, people who are mostly discounting this book, or calling it heresey, have not actually read it, and just go by what they have been told by someone (usually their religious leader).


blueiedgod, Don't forget Fear.


Some People even fear the book. Fear the Content! Fear the Influence.


A Fictional Book!

Angellique 03-19-2013 06:47 AM

thanks

blueiedgod 03-19-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodreaux (Post 58314078)
blueiedgod, Don't forget Fear.


Some People even fear the book. Fear the Content! Fear the Influence.


A Fictional Book!

Fear is indeed used to make people do what you want them to do, even if it is not for the people's benefit, but for your own, or your organization's.

At least this book does not say "if you don't believe in what's in this book a boogey man will get you at night/afterlife"

boom.wooh 03-19-2013 07:44 AM

Thanks! Maybe this time I'll read this book. Lol

rainydays 03-19-2013 11:31 AM

Still free on iBooks.

Thanks OP! :)

Richmond1231 03-20-2013 06:43 PM

Free: Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (Google Play)
 
Free e-copy of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown at the Google Play store. Not the greatest prose, but a good beach read. Also contains an excerpt from his new book, Inferno.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown [google.com]

Updated to fix link.

BuckyBoy 03-21-2013 07:11 AM

https://play.google.com/store/boo...aWZMc0MiXQ..

Maybe this link will work.

Suegates 03-21-2013 07:48 AM

Just bought it on Amazon at my favorite price...FREE!
Thanks, OP!!! :)

rvallejo 03-21-2013 07:50 AM

Repost.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/91468/barnes-noble-free-dan-browns-the-da-vinci-code-ebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richmond1231 (Post 58357768)
Free e-copy of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown at the Google Play store. Not the greatest prose, but a good beach read. Also contains an excerpt from his new book, Inferno.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown [ https]


RavenSEAL 03-21-2013 09:14 PM

The DaVinci Code eBoook, Free on Google Play
 
https://play.google.com/store/boo...aVinciBook

thegreatwb 03-21-2013 09:16 PM

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/91468/barnes-noble-free-dan-browns-the-da-vinci-code-ebook

deals4mykids 03-22-2013 08:07 AM

The Da Vinci Code (e-book) - FREE on Google Play
 
The Da Vinci Code (e-book) - FREE on Google Play


Title says it all. Google is giving away the book for its 10th anniversary.
https://play.google.com/store/boo...Z1wcYifLsC

etphonehome 03-22-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deals4mykids (Post 58391578)
The Da Vinci Code (e-book) - FREE on Google Play


Title says it all. Google is giving away the book for its 10th anniversary.
https://play.google.com/store/boo...Z1wcYifLsC

repost

deals4mykids 03-22-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etphonehome (Post 58391606)
repost

link?

RagingWookiee 03-22-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deals4mykids (Post 58391634)
link?

He's correct, was posted sometime last weekend I believe (available Kindle, Android etc.)

deals4mykids 03-22-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingWookiee (Post 58391674)
He's correct, was posted sometime last weekend I believe (available Kindle, Android etc.)

not google play!!

etphonehome 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deals4mykids (Post 58391634)
link?

Lol. See how its been merged with the dozens of other reposts...

deals4mykids 03-22-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etphonehome (Post 58395214)
Lol. See how its been merged with the dozens of other reposts...

i c :)

nikko213 03-22-2013 07:53 PM

There's ad showing as free on iBooks but when I click on the link it's showing $9.99.... Anyone else have this problem?

BillFrugge 03-23-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikko213 (Post 58408438)
There's ad showing as free on iBooks but when I click on the link it's showing $9.99.... Anyone else have this problem?

Yes.

I downloaded the sample, and it looks like it is the full book. I don't like that, though, because I don't think that samples are part of your account; if I delete it from my iPad at some point, won't I lose it?

NukedZergy 03-23-2013 07:00 AM

Is there a way to get the epub file without having to install proprietary reader applications? For instance, is there a way to get just the epub file without having to install Kindle, Nook, or whatever reader applications Google Play (Google Play won't even advance past a spinning circle after "buying" the book) and Sony want you to use?

vodreaux 03-23-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukedZergy (Post 58413956)
Is there a way to get the epub file without having to install proprietary reader applications? For instance, is there a way to get just the epub file without having to install Kindle, Nook, or whatever reader applications Google Play (Google Play won't even advance past a spinning circle after "buying" the book) and Sony want you to use?

Try this program!

http://calibre-ebook.com/

NukedZergy 03-28-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vodreaux (Post 58413992)
Try this program!

http://calibre-ebook.com/

I already have that program. What I need is the file itself - the epub file, preferably, without having to install nook, kindle, or whatever other reader service to get the file in the first place.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 AM.