Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Razer TRON 5600 dpi Gaming Mouse ON SALE!!! $29 + $5 s/h NEW (http://slickdeals.net/e/5914296-razer-tron-5600-dpi-gaming-mouse-on-sale-29-5-s-h-new)

Alvinx 03-18-2013 11:00 AM

Razer TRON 5600 dpi Gaming Mouse ON SALE!!! $29 + $5 s/h NEW

1 Attachment(s)
Regular price is $80.. Cheapest I can find and the great thing is that condition is NEW.
http://www.woot.com/offers/tron-gaming-mouse

other Razer accessories with items refurbished: http://www.woot.com/plus/razer-ga...essories-1

G-Funk 03-18-2013 11:06 AM

mouse and mousepad ordered

chrismbello 03-18-2013 11:08 AM

Ty op. Sitting at the paypal screen debating if I really need this.

fyu 03-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismbello (Post 58296314)
Ty op. Sitting at the paypal screen debating if I really need this.

the answer is Yes, you do need this.

Alvinx 03-18-2013 11:11 AM

There is a tron gaming pad too :) http://www.woot.com/offers/tron-gaming-mouse-mat for $11. !

iluvu4eternity 03-18-2013 11:17 AM

eh, this mouse looks awesome but the ergonomics of it sucks. its really small and flat. its more like a laptop mouse. one other thing, the side buttons are so badly placed. i always accidently click it while playing games. you will hear others claim this too.

TofuVic 03-18-2013 11:24 AM

Warning: This isn't for you if your hands are big.

This mouse is small, approximately the same size of laptop mice. If you have big hands - or even slightly above average-sized hands - this mouse may be too small for you. My hands are somewhat large and this mouse is uncomfortable. My girlfriend's hands are small and they fit her perfectly.

I bought three of these when it was sold through Woot on November 19, 2011 (approximately a year and a half ago) for $39.99 plus shipping (source). However, that item came with the mousepad. My girlfriend has been using the mouse since, but I ended up selling the other two packages due to the small mouse size.

If you're looking for a hot deal, I personally think there are much better deals (no offense, OP). For $30 to $40, there are better mice to be had. However, if you're a fan of Tron, this may be a hot deal to you.

Hope this helps,
Tofu Vic

vip00 03-18-2013 11:27 AM

Coming up as $29 + $5 shipping or $34 total for me...

ponyboy10 03-18-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvu4eternity (Post 58296592)
eh, this mouse looks awesome but the ergonomics of it sucks. its really small and flat. its more like a laptop mouse. one other thing, the side buttons are so badly placed. i always accidently click it while playing games. you will hear others claim this too.

ergonomics are irrelevant when it makes the cool woosh-woosh light trail (when used with the matching mousepad). you can have your own lightbike race while playing solitaire! ;)

TofuVic 03-18-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponyboy10 (Post 58297180)
ergonomics are irrelevant when it makes the cool woosh-woosh light trail (when used with the matching mousepad). you can have your own lightbike race while playing solitaire! ;)

You almost convinced me to buy it so I can have audio-enhanced solitaire games. Almost.

Tofu Vic

Hertzog 03-18-2013 11:45 AM

Does anyone know if the mousepad 'light trail' works with a standard laser mouse, or is there a special LED under the Tron mouse that activates it?

ponyboy10 03-18-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hertzog (Post 58297396)
Does anyone know if the mousepad 'light trail' works with a standard laser mouse, or is there a special LED under the Tron mouse that activates it?

I don't own either, but I believe you need both the Tron mouse and mousepad.

LinkinPrime 03-18-2013 11:54 AM

You can't add the mouse and the pad to the cart? Has to be separate orders or am I crazy?

Treeskirt 03-18-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

The Tron mouse has a UV light underneath that makes the trail. Other mouses lack the light and won't make the trail.

phazed 03-18-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

The tron mouse has a UV light, secondary to the tracking sensor. The pad will glow with sun, black light... or my favorite... a UV laser pen :)

Treeskirt 03-18-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinkinPrime (Post 58297674)
You can't add the mouse and the pad to the cart? Has to be separate orders or am I crazy?

Separate orders, shipping should still be $5 total.

LinkinPrime 03-18-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eibboh (Post 58297762)
Separate orders, shipping should still be $5 total.

Ah I get it now..thanks:

"You heard us right. After you pay the initial $5 standard shipping charge on your first Woot order of the day, everything else you buy before midnight Central time gets free standard shipping."

Ordered both pad and mouse...thanks!

aviralmsharma 03-18-2013 12:00 PM

Review video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HUjFchJdU

dandlewood 03-18-2013 12:02 PM

Own this mouse:

Pros: Accurate, light, long cord
Cons: Sound effect on computer start, mouse button is broken in that it often double clicks on a single click (manifested about 3 months after ownership) have to constantly take it apart/put it back together to regain functionality.
Also, the extra buttons are huge and sensitive, so I find myself clicking them accidentally on a regulary basis.

mychaelp 03-18-2013 12:04 PM

I have this mouse and the pad... The mouse is great... love the sound effects at start-up. But to see the light trail you have to really move the mouse a lot and far across the pad. I barely ever see it because I'm looking at the screen and not the pad. You also would have to turn the lights off to really notice it. It does keep glowing for hours after shutting down though. A must for Tron fans, along with the various USB drives out there too of course.

47_MasoN_47 03-18-2013 12:05 PM

This mouse looks really cool but is probably one of the worst mice I've used. It's accurate and responsive, but the side buttons are too sensitive and easy to push, the mouse is too flat, it's too small, and just uncomfortable in general.

ohnims 03-18-2013 12:07 PM

This mouse, by far, has been the one that lasted the shortest. I've had bought 3 of these, and each mouse didn't last a year! It was my first time with Razor, and I've been using Logitech before that.

Ever since, I've moved back to good ol' Logitech, and the $20 mouse is working for 1 1/2 without a single problem.

lazysloth 03-18-2013 12:09 PM

This is an awesome mouse despite it being made by razer, like people said it is great for small hands. it is ambidextrous. It makes a sound when it boots up which can be annoying, I disabled the light trail and the mouse lighting, really don't care about that.

TofuVic 03-18-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazysloth (Post 58298130)
This is an awesome mouse despite it being made by razer.

This is the only Razr mouse I've ever purchased. I thought Razer is known to make good mice. Am I incorrect?

Thanks,
Tofu Vic

dzap 03-18-2013 12:14 PM

I loved mine. My friend still uses his that I gave him. I've switched back to my Performance MX for the time being but still one of the best mouses I've used.

I bought three of them from Woot for what looks like $39.99 each NEW back in...November of 2011.

...how the hell do they still have these in-stock?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvinx (Post 58296412)
There is a tron gaming pad too :) http://www.woot.com/offers/tron-gaming-mouse-mat for $11. !

OH lame. It doesn't come with the pad.

I farking LOVE the pad. Still using it right this second. Shame it isn't included. Seems like the deal I got 1.5 years ago from Woot was better then.

jedigras 03-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvu4eternity (Post 58296592)

It's not THAT small...let's not get carried away. But it is very flat in profile compared to other desktop mice. And yes +5 to the side buttons comment. And FYI, those change the DPI resolution of the mouse so it's VERY annoying to press accidentally while playing a game. (haven't figured out how to turn it off...might open the mouse and physically remove them soon.

HandOfMidas 03-18-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedigras (Post 58298346)
It's not THAT small...let's not get carried away. But it is very flat in profile compared to other desktop mice. And yes +5 to the side buttons comment. And FYI, those change the DPI resolution of the mouse so it's VERY annoying to press accidentally while playing a game. (haven't figured out how to turn it off...might open the mouse and physically remove them soon.

Download the Razer software and you can change the keys to any command or just disable them.

Baulderon 03-18-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandlewood (Post 58297924)
Own this mouse:

Pros: Accurate, light, long cord
Cons: Sound effect on computer start, mouse button is broken in that it often double clicks on a single click (manifested about 3 months after ownership) have to constantly take it apart/put it back together to regain functionality.
Also, the extra buttons are huge and sensitive, so I find myself clicking them accidentally on a regulary basis.

I own this mouse as well. Honestly a bit small for my liking, and I did hit the side buttons quite a bit when using it for SC2/FPS games. The noise that it makes on startup is a bit annoying as well.

hawtcake 03-18-2013 12:28 PM

I bought this on Woot at the end of 2011 along with the fancy light trail mousepad.

Overall, I would not buy this again.

My unit would consistently double middle-click, leading to opening and closing more tabs than I intended in every browser. I had to RMA the mouse for this issue - I had to pay my own shipping to send the mouse back to Razer, and they shipped me back a working mouse 3 weeks later with a squeaky scroll wheel.

Quality of Life Issues:
1. You can turn off all the lights with the Razer software, but not the startup sound. If your computer powers down the USB ports when it goes to sleep, be ready to hear a WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH everytime you wake your computer.

2. Philips Twin-Eye Sensor so the pointer moves a bit every time you lift the mouse off of the mousepad.

3. The right side buttons are set to DPI up and down by default, but there are no lights on the device to indicate DPI. There's an overlay that appears on the screen when you change sensitivities, but the overlay stupidly appears behind every window - it only shows up when you can see the desktop. If your browser is covering your desktop, you have to move the window to see what the sensitivity is.

4. Razer Tron software is bound to a single USB port. If you plug your mouse into a different USB port besides the one the mouse was plugged into when installing, the software says "mouse not detected" and you can't change key bindings or settings. For what it's worth, the DPI overlay still works though.

5. The mousepad is somewhat neat, but the texture is not very comfortable if you rest your palm on the mousepad. Recommend using a gel wrist rest along with it if you get it. The light trails are pretty faint after 14 months - if I have my lights on I can't see them.

TL;DR - If you aren't a huge TRON fan, then this mouse is not for you.

Aaron813 03-18-2013 12:31 PM

Check out this video before you buy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HUjFchJdU

BossFeras 03-18-2013 01:56 PM

How does this mouse compare to the logitech G500?

laneuffer 03-18-2013 01:58 PM

Had this since black friday 2011 with the mousepad and I've never had any trouble. Pretty neat little combo which I got for $40 at the time.

pinkdeath 03-18-2013 01:59 PM

Believe it or not, this mouse isn't a big seller for Razer, so this price isn't all that fantastic. There was a newegg promotion a while back where you got this for free when you bought a DeathAdder. I almost pulled the trigger on that deal, but I didn't really need 2 mice for $60 when I already had more razer mice than I knew what to do with (Pro Solutions 1.6, DeathAdder, Imperator, and a Abyssus(sp?) ).

I'd pass on this, but that's me

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossFeras (Post 58301152)
How does this mouse compare to the logitech G500?

G500 is superior.

lightsout565 03-18-2013 02:16 PM

Dang, I missed it!

KingCako 03-18-2013 02:37 PM

Nice try, Woot marketing director.

Account created today, first and only post.

demisemi 03-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdavecako (Post 58302210)
Nice try, Woot marketing director.

Account created today, first and only post.

I hate woot. The people there trash-talked in the emails they sent me. I think they try to bend people's will and make them buy things in a very weird manner...

KingCako 03-18-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demisemi (Post 58302628)
I hate woot. The people there trash-talked in the emails they sent me. I think they try to bend people's will and make them buy things in a very weird manner...

What do you mean about trash talking and bending people's will?

mezosurfer 03-18-2013 10:27 PM

I got the mouse+pad about a year ago from a Woot sell, and I have to say that the mouse is smaller then normal. Also, if you use it, the mouse comes with it's own macro/control software and it doesn't show up within Synapse. But other then that, I loved the mouse.