Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HP Pavilion (g7-2275dx) 17.3" Refurbished Laptop 4GB Memory 640GB Hard Drive $300 + Free Shipping @ Best Buy (http://slickdeals.net/f/5918162-hp-pavilion-g7-2275dx-17-3-refurbished-laptop-4gb-memory-640gb-hard-drive-300-free-shipping-best-buy)

dancergrrrl3 03-19-2013 07:09 PM

HP Pavilion (g7-2275dx) 17.3" Refurbished Laptop 4GB Memory 640GB Hard Drive $300 + Free Shipping @ Best Buy
 
1 Attachment(s)
Best Buy has an HP refurb for $299.99 + Free Shipping.

The original laptop for this posting is sold out, but here is another one they are now offering, Model g7-2235dx, very close to the same specs:

CLICK ME [bestbuy.com]

the original post:

CLICK ME [bestbuy.com]

SPECS CAN BE FOUND HERE [hp.com]

Watch your favorite movies in stunning detail on this HP Pavilion g7-2275dx laptop's 17.3" widescreen display, which features AMD Radeon HD 7640G discrete-class graphics and BrightView technology to deliver a crystal-clear, high-definition picture.

wikipost 03-19-2013 07:09 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
the g7-2235dx [bestbuy.com] is the same spec, went through this in the $284 thread on page 5/6 and we cant see a difference between the 2275dx and the 2235dx [bestbuy.com] which is still in stock for the same price

Just received my one from best buy today, looks brand new, in a refurb HP box... think someone ordered it, looked @ windows 8 and sent it back .... great deal,

Reuchlin 03-19-2013 07:11 PM

best buy is tearing it up. LOL... i use to never buy from them but they have bneen having good deals recently..

ParticleJG 03-19-2013 07:52 PM

Wasn't this the same laptop that was $261 yesterday?

aegrotatio 03-19-2013 07:56 PM

This is a great deal. I can't wait to see what condition it arrives in as I re-install it with Windows 7. It's nice to see a laptop with 1600x900 for under $500 anymore.

axemexa 03-19-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 58332952)
Wasn't this the same laptop that was $261 yesterday?

looks like it

menace33 03-19-2013 09:17 PM

Sweet find...damn I like these specs at this price especially. +1

lurch1215 03-19-2013 10:21 PM

thanks op got one

nimporte 03-19-2013 11:08 PM

Warranty
 
I am looking for a laptop for my daughter to use in her University classes (medical). Is this something that would be good for that purpose? I can't find warranty information. Does this come with a warranty?
Thanks for your help.

dancergrrrl3 03-19-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimporte (Post 58336052)
I am looking for a laptop for my daughter to use in her University classes (medical). Is this something that would be good for that purpose? I can't find warranty information. Does this come with a warranty?
Thanks for your help.

This laptop would definitely be more than adequate for that purpose. Here is some warranty info:

LINK [bestbuy.com]

knightesmo 03-19-2013 11:55 PM

What's the processor's Intel equivalent? Sorry, I'm not familiar with AMD's chip line!

kris259 03-20-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimporte (Post 58336052)
I am looking for a laptop for my daughter to use in her University classes (medical). Is this something that would be good for that purpose? I can't find warranty information. Does this come with a warranty?
Thanks for your help.

depends.. does she want a big 17 inch screen type desktop replacement type laptop with average/decent battery life for a decent SD price.. thats also better for watching movies and such when not doing work/school related stuff... or does she want a smaller 12 13 14 inch screen that is slightly lighter and more "portable" with slightly better battery life for about the same price... or does she want an ultra book type that has AWESOME battery life, super light and portable, SSD is super fast etc... but costs much more... or does she want a touch tablet with a dock/keyboard or some sorts that is a mix and match of many pros from above etc... or a hybrid tablet/laptop which is an all around winner for most college students bc its fast, light, decent battery, keyboard, small but not too small of a screen etc... something along the lines of the lenovo yoga 13 or the lenovo twist...

only she/you can really answer that...

but this refurb deal is a decent price and would handle most anything a college student needs it for...

as for the warranty, usually refurbs have the same manufactures warranty...but I didnt go digging for the answer...just my experience with many refurb buys...

ztide 03-20-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axemexa (Post 58334052)
looks like it

not the same
261 was for 500gb hdd, this has 640
i don't know what else is different but here is the link for the 261:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+...Id=8162072

jedialison 03-20-2013 06:01 AM

I bought this new for $329 from BB 2 mos ago. Not so slick.

ARBW090583 03-20-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedialison (Post 58338838)
I bought this new for $329 from BB 2 mos ago. Not so slick.

2 months ago doesn't help us now. It also doesn't appear to be a slickdeal posted from 2 months ago. So you may have gotten a YMMV deal. That said, how do you like it for the price?

This laptop will be able to run some newer games on low resolution as well it appears.

spydersdeals69 03-20-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 58336630)
depends.. does she want a big 17 inch screen type desktop replacement type laptop with average/decent battery life for a decent SD price.. thats also better for watching movies and such when not doing work/school related stuff... or does she want a smaller 12 13 14 inch screen that is slightly lighter and more "portable" with slightly better battery life for about the same price... or does she want an ultra book type that has AWESOME battery life, super light and portable, SSD is super fast etc... but costs much more... or does she want a touch tablet with a dock/keyboard or some sorts that is a mix and match of many pros from above etc... or a hybrid tablet/laptop which is an all around winner for most college students bc its fast, light, decent battery, keyboard, small but not too small of a screen etc... something along the lines of the lenovo yoga 13 or the lenovo twist...

only she/you can really answer that...

Most kids would answer, "All of the above...duh!"

greener 03-20-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 58332952)
Wasn't this the same laptop that was $261 yesterday?


NO it is not, it was the hp g7-2251dx only difference it hard drive and model number as far as i can see

junhao123 03-20-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARBW090583 (Post 58338976)
2 months ago doesn't help us now. It also doesn't appear to be a slickdeal posted from 2 months ago. So you may have gotten a YMMV deal. That said, how do you like it for the price?

This laptop will be able to run some newer games on low resolution as well it appears.

Some time last year people got this for $300 new from Staples. Was not a YMMV but it sold out fast.
So it's not really a slick deal, but a good deal for people who want one now.

I've got some other problems with this deal though:
Specifically, (from my experience), HP has been worse in reliability than Acer (for laptops) and the SquareTrade reliability stats seem to support that. I've had Acers from 5 years ago (not many), but not a single HP that survived 2 years. And HP RMA/CS is really not great, unlike Toshiba or ASUS (or Apple but let's not get into that). I'm not sure I'd trust a refurb with only a couple months warranty.
And that +140gb disk space does not justify $39.

But I'll admit, being half the price of a new from HP store of similar specs is a good deal. Just not all that hot.

ARBW090583 03-20-2013 07:52 AM

Huh...I've owned 2 HP laptops previously...the first lasted 5 years without issues and the one I currently have is used by my 17 year old daughter who doesn't exactly think about how she treats electronics matters. She's had it for 2 years and no problems either.

The $39 difference isn't just for 140GB of hard drive space. It's also an upgrade from an A6 to an A8 processor.

Nah85 03-20-2013 07:53 AM

You said it's new in the refurb section......I'm confused OP..on the site it says it's a refurb.

greener 03-20-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARBW090583 (Post 58341230)
Huh...I've owned 2 HP laptops previously...the first lasted 5 years without issues and the one I currently have is used by my 17 year old daughter who doesn't exactly think about how she treats electronics matters. She's had it for 2 years and no problems either.

The $39 difference isn't just for 140GB of hard drive space. It's also an upgrade from an A6 to an A8 processor.

The hp g7-2251dx is an A8 processor ALSO, so only difference is i the hard drive, so the extra money could go towards an external HD that would more then quadruple in size, i.e., 1TB

dancergrrrl3 03-20-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nah85 (Post 58341248)
You said it's new in the refurb section......I'm confused OP..on the site it says it's a refurb.

sorry, I see how that could be confusing! I meant it was "a NEW addition" to their site, but yes, it is refurbished. I fixed the post. :wave:

deeeman 03-20-2013 12:13 PM

It's a good deal. And HP's are not anywhere like the ones from five years ago. How could they be, the parts are so, so, so, so, so different.

greener 03-20-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancergrrrl3 (Post 58332150)
Best Buy has an HP refurb for $299.99 + Free Shipping.

CLICK ME [bestbuy.com]

SPECS CAN BE FOUND HERE [hp.com]

Watch your favorite movies in stunning detail on this HP Pavilion g7-2275dx laptop's 17.3" widescreen display, which features AMD Radeon HD 7640G discrete-class graphics and BrightView technology to deliver a crystal-clear, high-definition picture.


OOS sold out

Sisyphus 03-21-2013 02:25 AM

Back in stock, for those still interested...

ThriftyAmy 03-21-2013 06:27 AM

gone!

carlfxy 03-21-2013 08:28 AM

the g7-2235dx [bestbuy.com] is the same spec, went through this in the $284 thread on page 5/6 and we cant see a difference between the 2275dx and the 2235dx [bestbuy.com] which is still in stock for the same price

mutts 03-21-2013 06:14 PM

Mine shipped already! Thanks OP!

KhoaL 03-21-2013 07:22 PM

If I wanted to upgrade the ram for this what would i get?

mutts 03-21-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhoaL (Post 58382170)
If I wanted to upgrade the ram for this what would i get?

204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz

The is one 4 GB module in the computer now. Hopefully, if you buy a single module it is compatible with the module in there.
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Va...002XN3OL4/

http://www.crucial.com/store/mpar...CDA5CA7304

The Kingston is $31.74 FS from Amazon and the crucial is $37.99 and FS.

carlfxy 03-22-2013 11:24 AM

Just got my 2235dx, great machine, nice smooth plano black plastic ... looks new, except for the big refurb label on the box... lol

aegrotatio 03-22-2013 08:56 PM

Lousy screen with horrid view angles, hatch patterns, and moire patterns. The battery is very small--I don't think it's intended to be portable except that you can move it from power outlet to power outlet without shutting it down.
That wouldn't bother me so much at these prices.

The cluster of dead pixels in the middle is just unacceptable. I haven't seen dead pixels on a laptop in over a decade. It's obvious this one was returned for dead pixels.


Windows rating:
Proc: 6.7
Memory: 5.9 (very poor)
Graphics: 4.6 (adequate)
Gaming Graphics: 6.3 (good for a laptop)
Hard Disk: 5.9


It's going back to the store.

mutts 03-25-2013 03:29 PM

I got mine this afternoon and it was perfect, with no imperfections.

I added ram and I was off to the races. I removed a lot of crap that HP and Microsoft pollute the computer with. I am very happy with it so far!

chickenstrips 03-26-2013 02:12 PM

New member here, just registered today. Received the g7-2275dx last night and it looks slick and brand new with no signs whatsoever of any usage. It's running great so far and I removed some of the bloatware garbage though there wasn't a ton of stuff to uninstall.

The screen is not the best but no one expects that at this price point...No dead pixels. Video performance for vids and such is plenty adequate so far. The wireless is working well without a hitch. The finish looks good but the keyboard sounds and feels cheap. The textured trackpad is surprisingly responsive and easy to manipulate.

I may check to see if it has a minimal recovery option that allows for reinstalling the o/s without any of the addon programs, but if not, it should be fine as is. I plan on tossing another 4GB of RAM into it this week and use it as my beater laptop for home and office.

mutts 03-26-2013 11:08 PM

I wound up purchasing the ram from Newegg. It was $26.99 shipped after the 10% coupon code EMCXTVW26 . It was recognized and works flawlessly!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6820231341

NE0tekk 03-30-2013 06:15 AM

Just received mine a few days ago and it's got multiple hairline scratches on the top cover and a smudge mark that doesn't appear to come off. Think it's actually faded in that area of the top cover. Guess this one's going back but glad to hear everyone else received one in new condition.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.


1999-2014