Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Various Artists: The Bach Guild Bigger Bach Set (MP3 Album Download) $1 (http://slickdeals.net/e/5929730-various-artists-the-bach-guild-bigger-bach-set-mp3-album-download-1)

powerfuldoppler 03-25-2013 06:20 PM

Various Artists: The Bach Guild Bigger Bach Set (MP3 Album Download) $1
 
65535 Attachment(s)
Amazon has Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon (2011 - Remaster) For $2.99. MP3 Download

Link [amazon.com]

Further savings can be found here Reps to luvzmeadeal

Discombobulated 03-25-2013 06:20 PM

Various Artists: The Bach Guild Bigger Bach Set (MP3 Album Download) $1
 
Amazon has Various Artists: The Bach Guild Bigger Bach Set (MP3 Album Download) for $0.99. Thanks Cfriedla

Additionally, Amazon also has Pink Floyd: The Dark Side Of The Moon: 2011 Remaster Edition (MP3 Album Download) on sale for $2.99. Thanks powerfuldoppler [Discuss]

mp3pla-net 03-25-2013 06:23 PM

$2.99 MP3 Album - Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon (2011 - Remaster)
 
Amazon has the MP3 Album The Dark Side Of The Moon (2011 - Remaster) by Pink Floyd for $2.99

Link [amazon.com]

RodAr 03-25-2013 06:23 PM

#hipsteralbum

fourml8r 03-25-2013 06:57 PM

the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

armywifeof4 03-25-2013 07:06 PM

if i could give this TEN thumbs i would.

AZVike 03-25-2013 07:07 PM

I don't think I've ever heard this. Is it any good?

IW33 03-25-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58463068)
I don't think I've ever heard this. Is it any good?


good one

AZVike 03-25-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armywifeandtwo (Post 58463058)
if i could give this TEN thumbs i would.

I give it eleven.

wavesine 03-25-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58463068)
I don't think I've ever heard this. Is it any good?

Did you see the movie "Due Date" with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis?

That was Pink Floyd playing during the highway scene where Robert Downey Jr. is hallucinating.

Dark Side of the Moon is one of the greatest albums ever produced.

erikblue 03-25-2013 07:37 PM

thanks, an excuse to rebuy

ppsagehen 03-25-2013 07:39 PM

If you hear this whisper, you're dying

RichP1000 03-25-2013 07:43 PM

It was 40 years ago today...that this brilliant work hit the record stores. Still have my vinyl copy somewhere...

Steeldeals 03-25-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58462898)
the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

Headphones are the preferred method for me.

kangaruhe 03-25-2013 07:50 PM

Pink Floyd helped me become the man I am today.

Tinyoriole 03-25-2013 07:52 PM

This has amazing staying power in the annals of rock history. A true must have!!!

DOM64 03-25-2013 07:55 PM

sweet!!!!!!!!! ty

agureghian 03-25-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58463068)
I don't think I've ever heard this. Is it any good?


one of the greatest pieces of music ever made.

drstandish 03-25-2013 08:03 PM

With the Amazon local $2 credit, + some other credit= PFDSM for free! Thanks.

Baddogdaddy 03-25-2013 08:12 PM

I own this album in a dozen different formats from vinyl to gold cd. It doesn't matter how you listen to it, It only matters that you do listen to it.

kitim 03-25-2013 08:15 PM

good ,thanks for sharing it very much

ramblerFW 03-25-2013 08:19 PM

Who knows which is which and who is who?

Disturbed_One 03-25-2013 08:20 PM

Does the remaster ruin it?

I remember listening to a remastered Megadeth album and they f'd up the drums on the remaster.

ppsagehen 03-25-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddogdaddy (Post 58464158)
I own this album in a dozen different formats from vinyl to gold cd. It doesn't matter how you listen to it, It only matters that you do listen to it.

The gold cd of this is my precious...

AZVike 03-25-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agureghian (Post 58463982)
one of the greatest pieces of music ever made.

Lol. I wore out three vinyls, a couple of cassettes, and maybe a CD or two. IMO, it's the greatest album ever produced, start to finish.

srjay 03-25-2013 08:27 PM

Awesome!

rkpkv 03-25-2013 08:38 PM

Great find Op. Its probably one of the best albums.

E90M 03-25-2013 08:48 PM

I don't know I was really drunk at the time...

I've been mad for f0cking years...

dregan 03-25-2013 08:54 PM

Wasn't there some movie made to accompany this album?

compguy 03-25-2013 08:59 PM

So for the people who've already got this, how does it compare to the 30ed? Already have that SACD. On one hand, this 2011 version's supposed to be a slight improvement, on the other this is just the MP3 edition which means compressed and probably loses any gain in DR. Anyone here have both and can comment?

Is there any point to getting this or better for me to just stick with my 30ed CD version (have it ripped to 320kbps)?

Jeremiah4U 03-25-2013 09:12 PM

Don't EVEN think of really listening to this as an MP3! Puke!

scooterp7 03-25-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58463222)
I give it eleven.


Eleven FTW!!



Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah4U (Post 58465232)
Don't EVEN think of really listening to this as an MP3! Puke!


Agreed!!! My concern is that this is just MP3!!

A FLAC rendering would be much better as MP3's deteriorate over time.

It has to do with the rotavelocidensity of the information.

An MP3 will just degrade at a rate ~12.2374% per year and by the time you add the leap years, well, you know where that's headed.

AvantGourd 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58465236)
Agreed!!! My concern is that this is just MP3!!

A FLAC rendering would be much better as MP3's deteriorate over time.

It has to do with the rotavelocidensity of the information.

An MP3 will just degrade at a rate ~12.2374% per year and by the time you add the leap years, well, you know where that's headed.

Oh god, THE LEAP YEARS! I didn't even consider that!

scooterp7 03-25-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58462898)
the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

Maybe you can help an old guy out.

I have an SACD player.

I've downloaded the SACD recording to my drive. I believe tho, that it is an iso file. I'm not sure a CD-R cannot accept the multi-tracks. Can a DVD-R or a BD-R handle the info correctly.

I guess I should note that my SACD is actually an Oppo BD player.

TIA!

scooterp7 03-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichP1000 (Post 58463612)
It was 40 years ago today...that this brilliant work hit the record stores. Still have my vinyl copy somewhere...


Nope, saw your kid using it as a Frisbee the other day....................,

on the PAVEMENT!!


It wadn't purty!

boltman2007 03-25-2013 09:26 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_2104580_s...izard.html

Things You'll Need
"Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd, on CD
"The Wizard of Oz" on either VHS or DVD

Instructions
1
Put in your CD of "Dark Side of the Moon" and hit play. Once it starts to play, hit pause, then the rewind track button. Lining it up correctly is an important first step, because different CD players vary widely in how long it takes from the moment you hit play until the CD actually starts playing.

2
Set your CD player for album repeat (in most cases, this is done by hitting the repeat button twice on most players).


3
Put in your video or DVD of "The Wizard of Oz" and fast-forward through the previews, until you see the black and white MGM lion appear.

4
Hit play/unpause after the lion has roared for the third time.

5
Turn the volume on the TV down all the way (hit mute).

6
Verify that you have it lined up correctly by watching for this credit: Produced by Mervyn LeRoy. This credit should be fading during the sudden transition from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe." If it is not lined up correctly, go back and try again; it won't make much sense unless it is exactly right.

Jeremiah4U 03-25-2013 09:27 PM

How to burn an ISO image of SACD to DVD:

http://www.sacdlab.cn/index.php/t.../howtoburn

Jeremiah4U 03-25-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltman2007 (Post 58465502)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2104580_s...izard.html

Things You'll Need
"Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd, on CD
"The Wizard of Oz" on either VHS or DVD

Instructions
1
Put in your CD of "Dark Side of the Moon" and hit play. Once it starts to play, hit pause, then the rewind track button. Lining it up correctly is an important first step, because different CD players vary widely in how long it takes from the moment you hit play until the CD actually starts playing.

2
Set your CD player for album repeat (in most cases, this is done by hitting the repeat button twice on most players).


3
Put in your video or DVD of "The Wizard of Oz" and fast-forward through the previews, until you see the black and white MGM lion appear.

4
Hit play/unpause after the lion has roared for the third time.

5
Turn the volume on the TV down all the way (hit mute).

6
Verify that you have it lined up correctly by watching for this credit: Produced by Mervyn LeRoy. This credit should be fading during the sudden transition from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe." If it is not lined up correctly, go back and try again; it won't make much sense unless it is exactly right.


I've done this a few times :) It's awesome!

AZVike 03-25-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltman2007 (Post 58465502)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2104580_s...izard.html

Things You'll Need
"Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd, on CD
"The Wizard of Oz" on either VHS or DVD

Instructions
1
Put in your CD of "Dark Side of the Moon" and hit play. Once it starts to play, hit pause, then the rewind track button. Lining it up correctly is an important first step, because different CD players vary widely in how long it takes from the moment you hit play until the CD actually starts playing.

2
Set your CD player for album repeat (in most cases, this is done by hitting the repeat button twice on most players).


3
Put in your video or DVD of "The Wizard of Oz" and fast-forward through the previews, until you see the black and white MGM lion appear.

4
Hit play/unpause after the lion has roared for the third time.

5
Turn the volume on the TV down all the way (hit mute).

6
Verify that you have it lined up correctly by watching for this credit: Produced by Mervyn LeRoy. This credit should be fading during the sudden transition from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe." If it is not lined up correctly, go back and try again; it won't make much sense unless it is exactly right.

A couple of other things you might need:

1. Some sort of herbal errrr enhancer.

2. A bowl of Twinkies.

scooterp7 03-25-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah4U (Post 58465572)
I've done this a few times :) It's awesome!


Is there a youtube preview of this?

The thought of un-mothballing the VCR is daunting!

Jeremiah4U 03-25-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58465658)
Is there a youtube preview of this?

The thought of un-mothballing the VCR is daunting!

The DVD works just as well... except the hit the play button on Dark Side on the 2nd meow.

jattilioz 03-25-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58465658)
Is there a youtube preview of this?


For the people that do not have the equipment, full 43 mins synched on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gXvVUg-VAE

wunderdrug 03-25-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58462898)
the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

I would make an argument for one of the 180g vinyl pressings. Or, the Japanese Pro Use release (so I hear).

Baddogdaddy 03-25-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltman2007 (Post 58465502)
http://www.ehow.com/how_2104580_s...izard.html

Things You'll Need
"Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd, on CD
"The Wizard of Oz" on either VHS or DVD

Instructions
1
Put in your CD of "Dark Side of the Moon" and hit play. Once it starts to play, hit pause, then the rewind track button. Lining it up correctly is an important first step, because different CD players vary widely in how long it takes from the moment you hit play until the CD actually starts playing.

2
Set your CD player for album repeat (in most cases, this is done by hitting the repeat button twice on most players).


3
Put in your video or DVD of "The Wizard of Oz" and fast-forward through the previews, until you see the black and white MGM lion appear.

4
Hit play/unpause after the lion has roared for the third time.

5
Turn the volume on the TV down all the way (hit mute).

6
Verify that you have it lined up correctly by watching for this credit: Produced by Mervyn LeRoy. This credit should be fading during the sudden transition from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe." If it is not lined up correctly, go back and try again; it won't make much sense unless it is exactly right.

I bought the dark side of OZ years ago on VHS ill have to check around and see if its on bluray

thinklinux 03-25-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58462898)
the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

purely psychological.

Quote:

SACD in Comparison with CD

In September 2007 the Audio Engineering Society published the results of a year-long trial in which a range of subjects including professional recording engineers were asked to discern the difference between SACD and compact disc audio (44.1 kHz/16 bit) under double blind test conditions. Out of 554 trials, there were 276 correct answers, a 49.8% success rate corresponding almost exactly to the 50% that would have been expected by chance guessing alone.
from wiki

wunderdrug 03-25-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58465614)
A couple of other things you might need:

1. Some sort of herbal errrr enhancer.

2. A bowl of Twinkies.

Now if only you could still buy Twinkies. :-{

Woe is the day that herbal errrr enhancers became easier to get than Twinkies.

Backlogger 03-25-2013 10:05 PM

Perfect, I was looking for an album to spend my $2 credit on. Thanks!

Steeldeals 03-25-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58462898)
the only way to hear this album is in SACD surround sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinklinux (Post 58465996)
purely psychological.

Except that DSOTM on 5.1 SACD has surround sound you can't get on CD.

srbosman 03-25-2013 10:07 PM

Great album, but I have most of their stuff already. My mom just put a quote on my FB wall that said "Successful parenting is finding Pink Floyd on your kid's ipod." She succeeded!

scooterp7 03-25-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srbosman (Post 58466120)
Great album, but I have most of their stuff already. My mom just put a quote on my FB wall that said "Successful parenting is finding Pink Floyd on your kid's ipod." She succeeded!


Mind = Blown

boltman2007 03-25-2013 10:38 PM

In 2001...

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon has been on the charts for an astounding 1,285 weeks. That's just under 25 years!

Reached 1500 weeks.

scooterp7 03-25-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinklinux (Post 58465996)
purely psychological.


:facepalm2:


No...., I think 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) is purely physiological.


Ya big dummy!!

metaldood 03-25-2013 11:08 PM

THanks. I had $3 in mp3 credit.

Buster_Bluth 03-26-2013 12:02 AM

Thanks. I had a bunch of hashish just sitting around not being used, so this can go well with that.

imagibinary 03-26-2013 12:04 AM

I'll buy that for a dollar! ($2 of MP3 credit)

Cookie21 03-26-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58463068)
I don't think I've ever heard this. Is it any good?

nice joke ;)

fourml8r 03-26-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58466688)
:facepalm2:


No...., I think 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) is purely physiological.


Ya big dummy!!

all those cool sound effects, like footsteps actually walk around you in 5.1 version. the album was done in a quad version (and performed live that way), so it truly was meant to be heard that way.

Dillweed 03-26-2013 06:48 AM

I picked this album up on 180g LP reprint about a year ago when I started listening to records again. There are passages you just won't hear on the MP3s of Pink Floyd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourml8r (Post 58469136)
all those cool sound effects, like footsteps actually walk around you in 5.1 version. the album was done in a quad version (and performed live that way), so it truly was meant to be heard that way.

Those footsteps walk around you in stereo if you build your soundstage right.

sacflies 03-26-2013 07:53 AM

Ha! An "MP3 remaster"...talk about an oxymoron. Oh how far the music sound quality has fallen. And nobody seems to care. I say bring on the SACD and Blu-ray audio discs!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah4U (Post 58465232)
Don't EVEN think of really listening to this as an MP3! Puke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58465236)
Eleven FTW!!






Agreed!!! My concern is that this is just MP3!!

A FLAC rendering would be much better as MP3's deteriorate over time.

It has to do with the rotavelocidensity of the information.

An MP3 will just degrade at a rate ~12.2374% per year and by the time you add the leap years, well, you know where that's headed.


sacflies 03-26-2013 08:08 AM

Double dip!

thinklinux 03-26-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterp7 (Post 58466688)
:facepalm2:


No...., I think 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) is purely physiological.


Mate, I agree 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) will make a difference, however it's not because SACD, right? An ordinary CD plus the gear setup listed above will produce wonderful results also. Right?

Dillweed 03-27-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacflies (Post 58471268)
Ha! An "MP3 remaster"...talk about an oxymoron. Oh how far the music sound quality has fallen. And nobody seems to care. I say bring on the SACD and Blu-ray audio discs!


180G vinyl or reel to reel is the ONLY way to listen to Pink Floyd at home. SACDs and DVDAs are for the car --blu ray PureAudio is rather....meh. There's just no real need for it yet --the DACs in even the reference players haven't gotten to the point that it's worth 300% more than 96/24 content.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinklinux (Post 58474050)
Mate, I agree 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) will make a difference, however it's not because SACD, right? An ordinary CD plus the gear setup listed above will produce wonderful results also. Right?

Dark Side was one of 5 albums that were actually better in Quad.

Dillweed 03-27-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZVike (Post 58465614)
A couple of other things you might need:

1. Some sort of herbal errrr enhancer.

2. A bowl of Twinkies.


3. A friend in Colorado....

scooterp7 03-31-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinklinux (Post 58474050)
Mate, I agree 5.1 (five channels + a sub-woofer for LFE) will make a difference, however it's not because SACD, right? An ordinary CD plus the gear setup listed above will produce wonderful results also. Right?


Well, pretty much not.

SACD has more tracks available and an SACD will play each of those tracks to the corresponding audio location (speaker).

Like when you watch Saving Private Ryan for example. The guns being shot at you are in the tracks that correspond to the front mains, and the sound of them hitting the surfaces (wood, metal, sand, flesh, etc) are laid down in the tracks that correspond to the rear surrounds. A plane passing overhead begins loudly and then quickly diminishes in volume in the fronts, while almost simultaneously begins softly and increases quickly (in volume) in the rears to give the audible effect of the plane moving which is what you are seeing visually!

Because in the recording studio, they lay down all of the audio on various tracks. So, in 5.1, you have 6 different tracks to put the info on. The effect of the steps then, would have the audio info laid down on various tracks to give the feeling of live movement. And, since this was originally done in quad (4 tracks) it was not hard to remaster it in 5.1, using the greater imagination that the world has gained with the passage of time!

You can however play a CD with a regular player, or even an MP3 player for that matter, while connected to a receiver that does multiple channel (5.1, 7.1, 9.1 ) "enhancement", but it will not sound at all like what the engineers had intended, as the receiver is just guessing at it's remix and is fixed at a certain algorithm.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 AM.