Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classical Music sale 99 cent MP3 albums at Amazon (Bach, Beethoven, Baroque, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Gustav Leonhardt, Mahler, and Haydn) (http://slickdeals.net/e/5933100-classical-music-sale-99-cent-mp3-albums-at-amazon-bach-beethoven-baroque-brahms-tchaikovsky-vivaldi-gustav-leonhardt-mahler-and-haydn)

Sven 03-27-2013 01:24 PM

Classical Music sale 99 cent MP3 albums at Amazon (Bach, Beethoven, Baroque, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Gustav Leonhardt, Mahler, and Haydn)
 
65523 Attachment(s)
Amazon has some of their 'Big Box' classical albums on sale for $0.99 each:

Big Bach Set [amazon.com]

Bigger Bach Set [amazon.com]

Big Baroque Box [amazon.com]

Big Brahms Box [amazon.com]

Big Beethoven Box [amazon.com]

Big Tchaikovsky Box [amazon.com]

Big Vivaldi Box [amazon.com]

AllWhacked 03-27-2013 01:40 PM

You missed:

Big Gustav Leonhardt Box [amazon.com]

Big Mahler Box [amazon.com]

&

Haydn Symphonies [amazon.com]

it's a good deal considering if you missed some of their earlier sales.

Sven 03-27-2013 02:05 PM

Thank you. Added those 3 to the title.

addserverip 03-27-2013 09:33 PM

The world needs to hear these......

WIckedNews 03-27-2013 09:37 PM

Classical music is dying! Long live Justin bieber!

Steeldeals 03-27-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackeroo75 (Post 58511510)
Classical music is dying! Long live Justin bieber!

200 years from now, people will still be listening to Bieber's music (yeah, right).

BoldIntrepid 03-27-2013 11:02 PM

I have a ton of these big boxes... aren't these their regular price?

Sven 03-28-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoldIntrepid (Post 58512780)
I have a ton of these big boxes... aren't these their regular price?


I think it is a sale price because the Big Handel Box [amazon.com] is $8.99 now and so is the Big Mozart Box [amazon.com].

Baguda 03-28-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllWhacked (Post 58502664)
it's a good deal considering if you missed some of their earlier sales.

Yes, they are good deals for 99 cents. I thought it would be pretty tough to miss the earlier sales since every time one of these box sets hits 99 cents it usually ends up on the Front Page, so unless a person goes days without looking at SD or is on vacation frequently, I don't know how it's possible to miss these deals. I've picked up every one of them for 99 cents on day 1 because I would've had to try very hard NOT to see the earlier deals.

Similarly, every time something like Terminator Skynet Edition Blu-Ray is on sale for the millionth time for $4.99 somewhere, lots of people get excited. You'd think everyone would have a Blu-Ray player and own movies like that by now, but I guess I'm out of touch. There must be thousands of new members joining daily. Still 6 billion more people on earth yet to get on SD, I guess.

AllWhacked 03-28-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 58519572)
Yes, they are good deals for 99 cents. I thought it would be pretty tough to miss the earlier sales since every time one of these box sets hits 99 cents it usually ends up on the Front Page, so unless a person goes days without looking at SD or is on vacation frequently, I don't know how it's possible to miss these deals. I've picked up every one of them for 99 cents on day 1 because I would've had to try very hard NOT to see the earlier deals.

Similarly, every time something like Terminator Skynet Edition Blu-Ray is on sale for the millionth time for $4.99 somewhere, lots of people get excited. You'd think everyone would have a Blu-Ray player and own movies like that by now, but I guess I'm out of touch. There must be thousands of new members joining daily. Still 6 billion more people on earth yet to get on SD, I guess.

While true that most of these Big Box deals go frontpage, I skipped on the Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Gustav and Brahm set. Decided not to pick them up at the time because I figured I would never listen to them. But later regretted not getting them.

Or as you said, there are those new to SD who would like to get some of the very early Bach Guild deals.

Lock1454 03-28-2013 05:53 PM

Awesome. Have always jumped on these sets during their release sales, however I missed the first few (Bach, Tchaikovsky & Brahms) but have been waiting hoping they'd go on sale again.

Repped!

AxlxA 03-28-2013 08:20 PM

Thanks! Just bought 8 sets! Always love Air on G Strings but tried the one from this set and wasnt as good as my other one done by a diff orchestra...

mclldavidson 03-28-2013 08:22 PM

I have only dabbled into classical, what are must haves for piano? I do like Mozart

Baguda 03-29-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclldavidson (Post 58533004)
I have only dabbled into classical, what are must haves for piano? I do like Mozart

You'll probably have better luck looking for collections of piano music on sale. I tend to go by composer rather than music type. I think you can't go wrong with anything by Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Chopin, or Mozart, though some of their works are less exciting than others. If someone asked me of all the solo piano music in the world, which set would I recommend I'd say of course Beethoven's 32 piano sonatas. I think one of the sets is always on Amazon for $1 or $2, but its an ancient recording. Beethoven is my #1 guy, so I'd always pick his stuff first. I just went through Brahms piano works again, and while not bad they're not something I'd expect everyone to like. If your tastes are more diverse, some people like Rachmaninoff, Liszt, and Grieg to name a few. If you like concertos, get the piano concertos by these composers (though Mozart wrote 26 and I personally like 19 and onwards the most).

Synec7 03-29-2013 10:44 AM

Mozart and the baroque sets are included now. They responded to a post of mine saying Handel should be soon enough as well

Requies 03-29-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclldavidson (Post 58533004)
I have only dabbled into classical, what are must haves for piano? I do like Mozart

In addition to Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Brahms, Rachmaninoff, Mendelssohn, Schubert, Debussy all have great piano works.

General must haves:

Beethoven - Sonatas and Piano Concertos
Chopin - Nocturnes, Scherzos, and Waltzes
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concertos
Mendelssohn - Song Without words
Schubert - Impromptus
Debussy - Preludes

Other specific must haves:
Debussy - Suite bergamasque (includes Clair de Lune), Children's Corner
Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

Sven 04-01-2013 08:17 PM

Added Baroque to list.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.