Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Seiko Stainless Steel Chronograph Men's Watch (Black or Silver Dial) $70 Shipped (http://slickdeals.net/f/5956248-seiko-stainless-steel-chronograph-men-s-watch-black-or-silver-dial-70-shipped)

yuugotserved 04-08-2013 12:37 PM

Seiko Stainless Steel Chronograph Men's Watch (Black or Silver Dial) $70 Shipped
 
65534 Attachment(s)
JomaShop

Seiko Black Dial Stainless Steel Chronograph Men's Watch [jomashop.com]

Seiko Silver Dial Stainless Steel Chronograph Men's Watch [jomashop.com]

$64 with code SEKW31

$6 shipping

iconian 04-08-2013 12:37 PM

Seiko Chronograph Men's Watch w/ SS Bracelet (Silver or Black Dial) $70
 
1 Attachment(s)
JomaShop has two great deals on Seiko Chronograph Watches when you enter coupon code SEKW31. Shipping is $6 or free on $99+ orders. Thanks yuugotservedNote: prices include shipping

webculb 04-08-2013 12:53 PM

nice looking. TU

SAN_MARINO 04-08-2013 02:34 PM

May I know where does it made? Japan or somewhere else? Thanks!

Adnan01 04-08-2013 02:39 PM

not that great of a deal..
cheaper here:

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Chron...rds=SSB049

Ir0nAlex 04-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 58741648)
May I know where does it made? Japan or somewhere else? Thanks!


http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/jomashop_2258_546319144

"made in japan" at the 32min mark

Yura 04-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 58741648)
May I know where does it made? Japan or somewhere else? Thanks!

Usually Seikos that are put together in Japan will have "MADE IN JAPAN" on the edge of dial between the 6 and 7 o'clock markers. Other countries are usually identified on the case back following the words "MADE IN". Name of countries by themselves or with the abbreviation "MOV.", either on the dial's edge or case back or the movement itself, identify where the movement was made and not necessarily where the entire watch was manufactured. By the way, Japan made Seikos come in most price categories and are not really limited to their high-end models.

In short: Yes.

kevvinz 04-08-2013 02:54 PM

the same deal is on 1saleaday today. so not much of a deal. don't know how this post is getting thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adnan01 (Post 58741712)
not that great of a deal..
cheaper here:

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Chron...rds=SSB049


the link you posted shows price as 84 and some change. how is it cheaper??:confused:

Adnan01 04-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevvinz (Post 58741962)
the same deal is on 1saleaday today. so not much of a deal. don't know how this post is getting thumbs up




the link you posted shows price as 84 and some change. how is it cheaper??:confused:


My bad - thats why I should pay attention to details :)

dainjarouz 04-08-2013 03:03 PM

it says "MOV'T JAPAN" not Made in Japan. it's a good looking watch.

sampsonti 04-08-2013 03:10 PM

nice deal

dzap 04-08-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epmacman (Post 58741814)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/jomashop_2258_546319144

"made in japan" at the 32min mark

No. That says "Japanese Movement". My cheap $20 no-name watch says that too. You will only find out where it's truly made in on the price tag that comes with the watch.


My Citizen Eco-Drive (watch itself) was thankfully made in Japan, but the band, and the box and manuals were all made in China.


For this being $70 though, 99% sure it's made in China.

ray19905 04-08-2013 07:23 PM

The watch is elegant and stylish. Not a bad deal, I say take it.

mysteryman3001 04-08-2013 08:52 PM

Anyone buy from them before?

redextreme 04-08-2013 09:21 PM

Looks like a nice watch, but is it a good deal?

epiphanyjb 04-08-2013 09:44 PM

I beleive "Japan Movement" means the part was made by a company out of Japan (although maybe assembled in China it is imported to Japan and exported for sale). Originally it was labeled as the style of movement and assembly, but I'll have to re-read the first 30 pages of D.J. Boorstein's The Discoverers to refresh the exact origin of this phrase...

more Seikos on sale - new- no codes:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5957038-Seiko-Sale-1SaleADay-com-starting-at-54-99-Free-S-H-NO-CODES-MIN-PURCHASE

Zyntak09 04-08-2013 11:15 PM

I have bought from them before - No issues.

jed 04-08-2013 11:55 PM

So.... It's a watch. Quartz, stainless steel. It doesn't contain a hidden laser that can cut through handcuffs, or encrusted with precious gems. In what universe is $70 for a mundane quartz watch a slickdeal? Are these positive ratings even real, or some kind of straw-man thing?

AreWeThereYet 04-09-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jed (Post 58749400)
So.... It's a watch. Quartz, stainless steel. It doesn't contain a hidden laser that can cut through handcuffs, or encrusted with precious gems. In what universe is $70 for a mundane quartz watch a slickdeal? Are these positive ratings even real, or some kind of straw-man thing?

The band gets bad reviews on Amazon (made in China perhaps?) and the hands are not luminous. I ALMOST pulled the trigger for my son.

AreWeThereYet 04-09-2013 01:34 AM

vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=e...nomobile=1

Royd01 04-09-2013 01:57 AM

My Father bought that kind of watch before but my aunt take it maybe she's jelous

tru76 04-09-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royd01 (Post 58750018)
My Father bought that kind of watch before but my aunt take it maybe she's jelous

Purchased based on this review. Thanks OP!

imported_sd 04-09-2013 07:44 AM

^LMASSOFF at the two comments above

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet (Post 58749932)
The band gets bad reviews on Amazon (made in China perhaps?) and the hands are not luminous. I ALMOST pulled the trigger for my son.

I salute you sir for not buying this cheap crap for your son

WhiteGene 04-09-2013 08:21 AM

A $70 Seiko. If you like the style, then buy it. It really doesn't matter for being made in China or Japan in this price range. Most Seiko watches will last you long enough with basic care.

SAN_MARINO 04-09-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yura (Post 58741822)
Usually Seikos that are put together in Japan will have "MADE IN JAPAN" on the edge of dial between the 6 and 7 o'clock markers. Other countries are usually identified on the case back following the words "MADE IN". Name of countries by themselves or with the abbreviation "MOV.", either on the dial's edge or case back or the movement itself, identify where the movement was made and not necessarily where the entire watch was manufactured. By the way, Japan made Seikos come in most price categories and are not really limited to their high-end models.

In short: Yes.

Thanks and repped.

gabsmoooth 04-09-2013 09:10 AM

Ive purchased from Jomas, no issues

ny153 04-09-2013 09:16 AM

It really tells you that public domain information is complete BS.

On one hand you have nations publicly despising each other: Japan/china, North Korea/South Korea, USA/Middle east on the other hand businesses do not seem to reflect that - they make money on both sides and profits benefit both countries. Lots of good are made in Pakistan and bought by everyday Americans, north Korean workers work for south Korean companies in north AND south Korea, japan makes goods in china that Japanese and Chinese both buy etc etc.

Follow the money trail and you will know true history...



Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 58746080)
For this being $70 though, 99% sure it's made in China.


zbkx87 04-09-2013 09:39 AM

I've got the silver dial and the band is lightweight and feels borderline cheap. As far as how it looks, I'm pleased with the appearance. I also have the same model with the blue background and gold #s from a deal awhile back I think around Christmas. Same deal - goes well with certain outfits but the band does feel cheap and flimsy.

dijital2844 04-09-2013 10:45 AM

same price here...

http://1saleaday.com/watch/ssb049/

bonkman 04-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbkx87 (Post 58755912)
I've got the silver dial and the band is lightweight and feels borderline cheap. As far as how it looks, I'm pleased with the appearance. I also have the same model with the blue background and gold #s from a deal awhile back I think around Christmas. Same deal - goes well with certain outfits but the band does feel cheap and flimsy.

band's definitely not as heavy as my fossil but I actually like that. My fossil is like wearing a lead weight.

I had a seiko 5 automatic but after 5 years, the self-winder got stuck. I think I'm going to pick up another Seiko auto using the 20 off 50 at Rakuten.

HamZer11 04-09-2013 11:45 AM

I bought the SNDE19 model when it was posted here last time from Jomashop. First, as far as the seller goes, they are excellent and I have no issues whatsoever. Normal shipping time and speed I think (it's not Amazon though). As far as Seiko, I haven't owned one in a long time but I'm very happy with mine. I don't know how heavy someone wants the band to be but it's good for me. I use it as the daily watch. My model has a 40mm dial and the overall look is very nice. Yes, I agree it doesn't feel as solid as my Movado but it's a 10th of the price.

joshua28 04-09-2013 01:51 PM

Is this watch big? I purchased a Invicta from a deal on SD before and the watch was insanely large. How does this fit? Anyone with this watch, provide me with some insight before I pull the trigger...Thanks in adv.

sg_lurker 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua28 (Post 58762776)
Is this watch big? I purchased a Invicta from a deal on SD before and the watch was insanely large. How does this fit? Anyone with this watch, provide me with some insight before I pull the trigger...Thanks in adv.

Site says 45mm, which is pretty large, at least for my skinny wrists.

http://www.biggerbids.com/members...Sizing.jpg

MecroU 04-09-2013 04:49 PM

Good looking watch.

rwwh90 04-09-2013 05:44 PM

I pulled the trigger based on the looks of the watch and the fact it's a Seiko. got the silver dial version. Also like the stopwatch that can time in hours, not just minutes

douflag 04-09-2013 05:47 PM

is this automatic movement?

dzap 04-09-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny153 (Post 58755310)
It really tells you that public domain information is complete BS.

On one hand you have nations publicly despising each other: Japan/china, North Korea/South Korea, USA/Middle east on the other hand businesses do not seem to reflect that - they make money on both sides and profits benefit both countries. Lots of good are made in Pakistan and bought by everyday Americans, north Korean workers work for south Korean companies in north AND south Korea, japan makes goods in china that Japanese and Chinese both buy etc etc.

Follow the money trail and you will know true history...


True, but just like back in the day when Americans were told that Japanese products were crap, the same can be said nowdays with products made in China.


I know that probably around 95% of the stuff I own has either a part made in China, or was exclusively made in China. So, not to say that quality control can't be exported, but in general the Japanese put much more effort into their products, and have a more nationalistic pride with the stuff they personally make (kind of like how we used to honor stuff made in the USA). There's a reason that also Toyotas and Hondas have been known for relaibility to last long. If it's something I know I want to last years and years with little upkeep, I would prefer for it to be made in Japan.


It's funny you should mention how the countries despire each other. If you've never been to Asia, then when you read and hear in Western media is only scratching the surface of the hostility that dates back to when they still held dynasties and the wars they had when Taiwan was occupied by the Japanese etc.

I always enjoy telling my friends the story of how when I was in BIC Camera (like the Best Buy of Japan essentially) last year, I could not find a single Samsung TV or laptop. Or anything made by Samsung for that matter. The only things I found in the five-story megaplex made by Samsung were the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S3 (oddly though I found a small corner with LG TVs. Weird). And even then, the Samsung logos were on the back, and nowhere on the front. To this day, the Japanese still have a instilled hatred towards Korean products, as they take a more serious consideration into supporting their own goods and services.

maplecheapo 04-09-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douflag (Post 58766898)
is this automatic movement?

Quartz movement = battery

kbreese 04-09-2013 07:59 PM

I have this watch (SSB047)...the silver one...its a very nice looking watch, great bang for the buck. Forget about where it was made and all that crap, you can't go wrong with Seiko.

pandarus 04-09-2013 11:10 PM

Size is changed to 41 mm.

ny153 04-10-2013 06:24 AM

the question is why do they want hatred toward other nations?

it is not the money clearly. Sony has its stuff made in china and many others in japan buy and manufacture in china for china in large quantities. so they have no problem doing great deal of business with china.

I thhink the answer is that there always needs to be an enemy. Fear controls people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 58767164)
To this day, the Japanese still have a instilled hatred towards Korean products, as they take a more serious consideration into supporting their own goods and services.


nate1888 04-13-2013 09:18 PM

wow.The watch is elegant and stylish. Not a bad deal, I say take it.

John0316 04-17-2013 05:09 PM

I ordered this watch from JomaShop on Mar 9. Received the package today but the watch box inside DOES NOT CONTAIN the watch, only the Instruction booklet and a pouch with foam inside (watch pillow?).

Has anyone else experienced this?

kelviiv 04-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John0316 (Post 58921828)
I ordered this watch from JomaShop on Mar 9. Received the package today but the watch box inside DOES NOT CONTAIN the watch, only the Instruction booklet and a pouch with foam inside (watch pillow?).

Has anyone else experienced this?

...so you received everything but the watch?

can anyone comment if the links are easy to adjust on this?

abstraxion 04-19-2013 10:55 PM

Everything made in China sucks.

Posted from an iPad made in China

SAN_MARINO 04-19-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John0316 (Post 58921828)
I ordered this watch from JomaShop on Mar 9. Received the package today but the watch box inside DOES NOT CONTAIN the watch, only the Instruction booklet and a pouch with foam inside (watch pillow?).

Has anyone else experienced this?


R U serious? Who was the shipping carrier? Did you file a claim with JomaShop & credit card company?

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aIPIsUE5I

John0316 04-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelviiv (Post 58972334)
...so you received everything but the watch?

I got an empty watch box. Called Jomashop customer service twice on 3/18. The first CSR named Levi said the issue would be investigated and he would update me by phone or email. About eight hours later, I called again. The CSR named Levi agreed to ship another watch. He said I'd get it Sat or Mon. I received an order confirmation within 30 minutes. However, there's no shipping email yet. I will call again on Monday.

Looks like I'm the only one has this problem. :(

JaktheAce 05-08-2013 11:14 PM

Did anyone else get a different watch than was pictured? I actually like the one I got better, but I find it odd.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


1999-2014