Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Amazon - Wii Classic Controller Pro - White - $12.10 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5961472-amazon-wii-classic-controller-pro-white-12-10)

dnewto 04-10-2013 07:30 PM

Amazon - Wii Classic Controller Pro - White - $12.10
 
Amazon - Wii Classic Controller Pro - White - $12.10

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1

Discombobulated 04-10-2013 07:30 PM

Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro (White) $12
 
1 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro (White) on sale for $12.10. Shipping is free with Prime (free student accounts available) or if you spend $25 or more. Use slick fillers to find other eligible items to help reach the $25 requirement. Thanks dnewto

Alternatively, Walmart also has Nintendo Wii Class Controller Pro (White) on sale for $12.10. Select in-store pickup to save on shipping.

Price Research: Our research indicates that this Wii Classic Controller Pro (White) is $8 lower (40% savings) than the next best above two available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $20. - Discombobulated

ynr00 04-10-2013 07:35 PM

i think this is a discontinued product

BananaBoatX 04-10-2013 07:41 PM

Do emulators on the wii have support for this? I pretty much gave up on NES/SNES games through the Wii because playing with the wiimote kind of sucked. For $12, I'd grab one just for that if there's support.

bullgates 04-10-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BananaBoatX (Post 58790158)
Do emulators on the wii have support for this? I pretty much gave up on NES/SNES games through the Wii because playing with the wiimote kind of sucked. For $12, I'd grab one just for that if there's support.


List of games: [wikipedia.org]

dnewto 04-10-2013 07:45 PM

I am a little behind in the gaming scene. Recently bought my kid a Sonic game and everywhere I read they rave about the classic controller for the game. Going by the recent reviews, I am not the only one still buying this.

aegrotatio 04-10-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BananaBoatX (Post 58790158)
Do emulators on the wii have support for this? I pretty much gave up on NES/SNES games through the Wii because playing with the wiimote kind of sucked. For $12, I'd grab one just for that if there's support.


If you mean the Wii Virtual Console games that are bought in the Wii Shop Channel, then, yes.

Budai 04-11-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BananaBoatX (Post 58790158)
Do emulators on the wii have support for this? I pretty much gave up on NES/SNES games through the Wii because playing with the wiimote kind of sucked. For $12, I'd grab one just for that if there's support.

SNES and Genesis emulators have support for it; I haven't tried any others yet. You can also use Gamecube controllers.

I have 1 classic controller pro and I love it (picked it up with Monster Hunter Tri a long time ago). I'm thinking about getting another one to have for 2-player classic games so I don't have to use a GC controller.

myadidas1981 04-11-2013 07:16 AM

I bought this solely for PC emulation, and totally regret it because I haven't used it once.

jonac13 04-11-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budai (Post 58796368)
SNES and Genesis emulators have support for it; I haven't tried any others yet. You can also use Gamecube controllers.

The NES and GBA/GBC/GB emulators also support it. Can't speak for anything besides those and what Budai mentioned.

Thanks OP, in for 2. Perfect for playing some classic couch co-op games with the girlfriend; she loves Donkey Kong Country.

slickgrapes 04-11-2013 07:19 AM

If you aint wavebirdin' you aint livin life son.

bmanilow 04-11-2013 07:28 AM

do they make or can anyone recommend extension cables so you can hook this right up to the wii vs the wiimote?

jonac13 04-11-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6grapes (Post 58796522)
If you aint wavebirdin' you aint livin life son.

I have a Wavebird, it just sucks for emulators because the buttons don't map well to anything but maybe the N64.

karnage320 04-11-2013 07:40 AM

For anyone with a Wii U, many original Wii games like Mario Kart don't support the newer Wii U Pro Controller. Since the Wii U doesn't have GameCube controller ports and I hate playing Mario Kart with the Wiimote, this is the only option.

sensazn 04-11-2013 07:48 AM

These go for $20 at Target, I only wish that these plugged directly into the Wii as a controller, instead of the nunchuck replacement.

compuguy1088 04-11-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karnage320 (Post 58797006)
For anyone with a Wii U, many original Wii games like Mario Kart don't support the newer Wii U Pro Controller. Since the Wii U doesn't have GameCube controller ports and I hate playing Mario Kart with the Wiimote, this is the only option.

I believe that *none* of the wii games support the wii U pro controller.....fyi.

karnage320 04-11-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuguy1088 (Post 58797180)
I believe that *none* of the wii games support the wii U pro controller.....fyi.

I think you're right. It's a shame they don't release an update to fix this...

Cykleo 04-11-2013 07:52 AM

I found the golden version of this that came with the Wii Goldeneye game at a local record store... for $6.

Kevoo_11 04-11-2013 08:03 AM

Xenoblade and Tales are 10x more fun with one of these.


Great price.

sixty4bit 04-11-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicykleo (Post 58797274)
I found the golden version of this that came with the Wii Goldeneye game at a local record store... for $6.

I sold one of those on eBay for like $30 not too long ago!

cyclops13 04-11-2013 08:23 AM

Where do you plug this in? Wii USB port?

redskull 04-11-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclops13 (Post 58798038)
Where do you plug this in? Wii USB port?

It hangs off a normal remote, like a nunchuk.

m00ky 04-11-2013 08:33 AM

Ahhh. And to think I just bought two for $13 last month.

Budai 04-11-2013 08:37 AM

It appears to be available from Walmart for the same price [walmart.com] with free ship to store for those who don't have Amazon Prime.

qowieuryt 04-11-2013 08:42 AM

in for 1.

now to get some good games.

what's wii games are a lot of fun similar to mario kart?

jonac13 04-11-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qowieuryt (Post 58798514)
in for 1.

now to get some good games.

what's wii games are a lot of fun similar to mario kart?

There's not a whole lot similar to Mario Kart in terms of straight gameplay (ie, arcade kart racing). You'd probably have a lot of fun playing stuff like Rayman Origins and Kirby's Epic Yarn, if you like the whimsy and accessibility of Mario games. And then of course, other Mario games like New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy 1/2.

scotthall3411 04-11-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullgates (Post 58790222)

If you use an emulator instead of downloading through the wii store i've never had an NES game that didn't work with the classic controller.

ACAx1985 04-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevoo_11 (Post 58797536)
Xenoblade

No way -- you lose partial control without the Wii+Nunchuk.

I urge everyone to play Xenoblade Chronicles -- probably the best RPG of the current generation -- but there's no need to use a standard controller. It is cool that they offer it, though.

m00ky 04-11-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotthall3411 (Post 58798948)
If you use an emulator instead of downloading through the wii store i've never had an NES game that didn't work with the classic controller.

This has been my experience. Using homebrew emulator I have never had any problems with the classic pro controller.

klimber 04-11-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmanilow (Post 58796734)
do they make or can anyone recommend extension cables so you can hook this right up to the wii vs the wiimote?

I imagine the you find something on Monoprice but the connection would be not the same.

IMO.Why would want to tether yourself to the Wii with a 6 foot leash when you can sit with a Wii remote in your lap and play any where with in range of the reciever?

DrFokePhD 04-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACAx1985 (Post 58798986)
No way -- you lose partial control without the Wii+Nunchuk.

I urge everyone to play Xenoblade Chronicles -- probably the best RPG of the current generation -- but there's no need to use a standard controller. It is cool that they offer it, though.

No, use the pro controller. And XC may be the best RPG on Wii but cant compare to any of the top end RPGs on PS3 or XBox.

coronakid 04-11-2013 09:47 AM

What's a Wii? Is that some ancient gaming system from Nintendo? Oh wait, I think I have one of those collecting dust in my attic!

klimber 04-11-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qowieuryt (Post 58798514)
in for 1.

now to get some good games.

what's wii games are a lot of fun similar to mario kart?

You know when I got the Wii Wreckit Ralph, I was hoping and praying for a Mario Kart type race tie in to Sugar Rush but not so lucky. Shame because there are imitators but Mario Kart is still the best racer game around for kids (who am I fooling, I like it too)

Discordance 04-11-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimber (Post 58799500)
I imagine the you find something on Monoprice but the connection would be not the same.

IMO.Why would want to tether yourself to the Wii with a 6 foot leash when you can sit with a Wii remote in your lap and play any where with in range of the reciever?

Agreed.

I use a old Mario Cart Wii wheel to keep the wiimote on my coffee table.

he.pennypacker 04-11-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coronakid (Post 58800198)
What's a Wii? Is that some ancient gaming system from Nintendo? Oh wait, I think I have one of those collecting dust in my attic!

Collecting dust? I guess you aren't aware of emulation or the homebrew channel. Shame.

viperdk 04-11-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by he.pennypacker (Post 58800252)
Collecting dust? I guess you aren't aware of emulation or the homebrew channel. Shame.

I'm not aware. Do share please!

coronakid 04-11-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by he.pennypacker (Post 58800252)
Collecting dust? I guess you aren't aware of emulation or the homebrew channel. Shame.

And why would I need an ancient Wii for that? Do tell.

viperdk 04-11-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coronakid (Post 58800434)
And why would I need an ancient Wii for that? Do tell.

Here's what I found from a quick Google search:

http://nintendo.about.com/od/wiil...erview.htm

My old Wii is sitting collecting dust as well now that I have a Wii U. Might be worth pulling it out to experiment with this. hmm...

ACAx1985 04-11-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFokePhD (Post 58799508)
No, use the pro controller. And XC may be the best RPG on Wii but cant compare to any of the top end RPGs on PS3 or XBox.

You can't pick your attack and move while using the classic controller (which is the same as the "pro"?). That sucks. A lot.

What are some top-end JRPGs on PS3 or 360? I'm looking for some suggestions! Thanks!

Designx 04-11-2013 10:12 AM

The the heck - I have the classic controller that looks more like an SNES pad - I didn't know they updated it to a more gamecube looking controller. You're gaining pretty much just the extra two shoulder buttons. Not too keen on the white though as the rubberized d-pad, thumb sticks, and controller back are moving towards a more tannish beige and I don't use the controller much - might be skin oils.

passplay 04-11-2013 10:24 AM

in for 2, thanks OP

jonac13 04-11-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 58800570)
Here's what I found from a quick Google search:

http://nintendo.about.com/od/wiil...erview.htm

My old Wii is sitting collecting dust as well now that I have a Wii U. Might be worth pulling it out to experiment with this. hmm...

This guide on LifeHacker is still pretty current - http://lifehacker.com/5830367/how...ve-minutes

A Wii is pretty much perfect for emulation because the controllers are basically designed for the games you might want to emulate, in this case the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) is essentially exactly what you want for NES/SNES/GB(A/C).

Make no mistake, this isn't going to change your overall opinion of the Wii as a piece of modern gaming hardware, but it does add value to a console that probably hasn't had much attention in core gamers' living rooms for years now. Also, if you learn to like your Wii again you might go back and try great games like Xenoblade Chronicles or Skyward Sword that might have flown under the radar (like I recently have been).

viperdk 04-11-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonac13 (Post 58800982)
This guide on LifeHacker is still pretty current - http://lifehacker.com/5830367/how...ve-minutes

A Wii is pretty much perfect for emulation because the controllers are basically designed for the games you might want to emulate, in this case the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) is essentially exactly what you want for NES/SNES/GB(A/C).

Make no mistake, this isn't going to change your overall opinion of the Wii as a piece of modern gaming hardware, but it does add value to a console that probably hasn't had much attention in core gamers' living rooms for years now. Also, if you learn to like your Wii again you might go back and try great games like Xenoblade Chronicles or Skyward Sword that might have flown under the radar (like I recently have been).

Thank You! Repped!

jonac13 04-11-2013 11:00 AM

Edit: Multiple post, sorry. If a mod sees this, please delete.

jonac13 04-11-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACAx1985 (Post 58800680)
What are some top-end JRPGs on PS3 or 360? I'm looking for some suggestions! Thanks!

Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia (Graces f is also fairly good, if you played Symphonia on GC), Star Ocean, Resonance of Fate. And I can't forget Ni No Kuni, which I've heard excellent things about but haven't gotten a chance to play yet. Gotta love Studio Ghibli, though.

chick3ndude 04-11-2013 11:10 AM

For those that are plan on using this remote with their PC for emulators (nes, snes, MAME, etc) buy the Wii classic controller adapter. It has has two wii ports and usb to PC. I have it and it works.

StriderH1ryu 04-11-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qowieuryt (Post 58798514)
in for 1.

now to get some good games.

what's wii games are a lot of fun similar to mario kart?

Lot of people like Sonic Racing. Amazon has it for only $16 new.
http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Sega-...=wii+sonic

In42 for my Wii homebrew and to play Mario Kart on my Wii U. thx and repped.

Mystereevan 04-11-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by he.pennypacker (Post 58800252)
Collecting dust? I guess you aren't aware of emulation or the homebrew channel. Shame.

Is there still a way to backup Wii games on an external hard drive?

jank1887 04-11-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystereevan (Post 58802730)
Is there still a way to backup Wii games on an external hard drive?

I guess you missed the post above with the LifeHacker article: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=58800982&postcount=44

Only needed kids to kill 2 games from scratches, etc. before I did the wii hack to enable ripping them to a HD.

nice side effects: enable DVD playback. enable network media access. enable running emulators. enable backup of Wii system software in case I mess something up.

Best of all: Wii library becomes portable. went on vacation, brought the wii with HD. wife could still Zumba/wii fit. kids/adults could play games on rainy days. played DVDs, etc.

And i've not lost another game since then.

ron4540 04-11-2013 11:59 AM

Club Nintendo -- clubnintendo.com -- has Super Mario 64 available for download for 200 points through May 5, 2013.

It uses this controller.

john143 04-11-2013 12:05 PM

It will suit for PlayStation and should be compatible. I never used like this product but It will be good at discount.

BoldIntrepid 04-11-2013 12:18 PM

I wish I had prime as shipping is expensive lol

aznchris99 04-11-2013 12:23 PM

Nice!!

FriendlyFires 04-11-2013 12:36 PM

For walmart.
Is it ship to store only or can I pick up inventory at the store if i select in store pickup?

shadowneko003 04-11-2013 12:38 PM

Tempting. Cause I don't like the feel of the regular Classic controller that I have. If only the black on was on sale as well.

Ed06 04-11-2013 01:23 PM

Can you use this for Wii U games that support a controller?

FrankyCheech 04-11-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed06 (Post 58806342)
Can you use this for Wii U games that support a controller?

Wikipedia has a list of supported games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ller#Wii_U

coronakid 04-11-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonac13 (Post 58800982)
This guide on LifeHacker is still pretty current - http://lifehacker.com/5830367/how...ve-minutes

A Wii is pretty much perfect for emulation because the controllers are basically designed for the games you might want to emulate, in this case the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) is essentially exactly what you want for NES/SNES/GB(A/C).

Make no mistake, this isn't going to change your overall opinion of the Wii as a piece of modern gaming hardware, but it does add value to a console that probably hasn't had much attention in core gamers' living rooms for years now. Also, if you learn to like your Wii again you might go back and try great games like Xenoblade Chronicles or Skyward Sword that might have flown under the radar (like I recently have been).

Cool. Thanks for the info. I may need to dust off my Wii to try this out. I doubt I'll ever play Skyward again though. It was the only Zelda game I never finished. For me it just lacked the fun/magic of the other Zelda games. Maybe I'm just getting old.

girlbytes 04-11-2013 04:15 PM

These controllers are great! I got this for my nephew so he could play MW3 on his wii & have a similar experience to playing the game on his brothers Xbox!

superjasn 04-11-2013 08:40 PM

old school look......i like it

JobTurkey 04-11-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonac13 (Post 58796490)
The NES and GBA/GBC/GB emulators also support it. Can't speak for anything besides those and what Budai mentioned.

Thanks OP, in for 2. Perfect for playing some classic couch co-op games with the girlfriend; she loves Donkey Kong Country.

Marry her immediately.

Burton328 04-11-2013 11:31 PM

the black one is $18, why are so higher than the white one, cause most people like black?

fenton 04-11-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burton328 (Post 58816450)
the black one is $18, why are so higher than the white one, cause most people like black?

I know I do. For some reason, I just can't go back to the white one.

snorkeler 04-12-2013 09:37 AM

Does anyone know if, when used with a pc adapter, you can control flight or space flight sims?

flintlock 04-12-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorkeler (Post 58823064)
Does anyone know if, when used with a pc adapter, you can control flight or space flight sims?

As a rule I'm not sure but if you have an adequate dose of mescaline in you, it should work fine.

snorkeler 04-12-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flintlock (Post 58827020)
As a rule I'm not sure but if you have an adequate dose of mescaline in you, it should work fine.

I'm not sure I'd waste a buzz like that on video games.

spacenoodle 04-15-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myadidas1981 (Post 58796446)
I bought this solely for PC emulation, and totally regret it because I haven't used it once.

i missed out on the deal. i'll paypal you $10 if you ship it to me!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 AM.


1999-2014