Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria (PC Game) $14.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg (http://slickdeals.net/f/5963782-world-of-warcraft-mist-of-pandaria-pc-game-14-99-free-shipping-at-newegg)

Discombobulated 04-12-2013 01:24 AM

World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria (PC Game) $14.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg
 
65535 Attachment(s)
Newegg

For those interested (Amazon currently at $33 to $37 [amazon.com])

Ithian 04-12-2013 01:36 AM

Oh man you're my hero right now. I just got pulled back in with a scroll of res and I've been scouring for sales on this expansion since I missed the last two months. Bought.

Sokang 04-12-2013 06:21 AM

Thanks.
Now we just need a deal on prepaid game time cards.
No one wants to sell them for less than $30 (when all things considered such as s&h / tax)

billcyrus19903 04-12-2013 07:48 AM

This game is a must play. very addictive, and entertaining. amazingly its a good price over here.

Foladar 04-12-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billcyrus19903 (Post 58819266)
This game is a must play. very addictive, and entertaining. amazingly its a good price over here.

post bot? :lmao: i've heard the very addictive and entertaining part .. but the rest? dunno. it's worth the $15, just wish Amazon would pm.

Marthisdil 04-12-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokang (Post 58818168)
Thanks.
Now we just need a deal on prepaid game time cards.
No one wants to sell them for less than $30 (when all things considered such as s&h / tax)

www.offgamers.com

Been buying gametime cards from them for a couple years now. Always have the code in my transaction box within 15 minutes on their site, and generally ends up being $27 or so. Plus you earn points that you can turn in for additional discounts.

tehsilly 04-12-2013 08:52 AM

In for one. will start to play after i complete bioshock infinite...

ChildishDad28 04-12-2013 09:24 AM

Well damn.... Said I wouldn't go back, but can't pass up the new one for $15. It pay's for itself.

teejaydub 04-12-2013 09:53 AM

I'm amazed people still pay and play World of Warcraft with arguably better, free games out there. I was a WoW addict for 8 years (essentially when it first came out), but I have more constructive things to do with my time these days. Suppose that's part of growing up.

krayzie 04-12-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokang (Post 58818168)
Thanks.
Now we just need a deal on prepaid game time cards.
No one wants to sell them for less than $30 (when all things considered such as s&h / tax)

B2g1 video game sales. Picked some up at target during their last sale.

Lysogen 04-12-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teejaydub (Post 58821958)
I'm amazed people still pay and play World of Warcraft with arguably better, free games out there. I was a WoW addict for 8 years (essentially when it first came out), but I have more constructive things to do with my time these days. Suppose that's part of growing up.

I'm interested in the arguable better, free games out there. Got any recommendations?

shackrock 04-12-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teejaydub (Post 58821958)
I'm amazed people still pay and play World of Warcraft with arguably better, free games out there. I was a WoW addict for 8 years (essentially when it first came out), but I have more constructive things to do with my time these days. Suppose that's part of growing up.

care to name a few?

July61957 04-12-2013 10:09 AM

Delete

zolakjhs 04-12-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokang (Post 58818168)
Thanks.
Now we just need a deal on prepaid game time cards.
No one wants to sell them for less than $30 (when all things considered such as s&h / tax)

There was a deal on game cards through Rakuten earlier this week. $20 off a $50 purchase. Made it $10 a month shipped for the cards. Hopefully that deal will roll around again, it was just for a couple of hours last time.

zillionsk8 04-12-2013 10:17 AM

Sadly I've got no more time for wow :/
Too time consuming lol

Saboth 04-12-2013 10:24 AM

Man, I simply can't imagine going back to this game, ever. Loved it for years, then realized I wasn't happy unless I was doing top-tier raids/groups, and to do that you basically accepted a full time job of raiding 5 hours a night, then spending your weekends farming for mats for raid materials and repair costs. "Woohoo...only took me 2 hours to do my dailies today!". I think I'm just done with the never-ending grinds of MMOs. Even Guild Wars 2 got old fast, and that game is better than WoW in every way imaginable. Even Rift is better than WoW.

dbb 04-12-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zillionsk8 (Post 58822548)
Sadly I've got no more time for wow :/
Too time consuming lol

I recently got into that game, and MoP is kind of lame once you hit level 90. It's just never ending dailies until you want to shoot yourself in the face.

Collecting mounts it still fun though, for me anyway.

Werther 04-12-2013 10:28 AM

This is too sad. I can't believe you people play that game. That was one shitty game. I played it for about 6 months when it first came it, got borreed and quit. How the hell are you people still playing such a crappy game. Its similar to me asking "who are these people that watch the kardashians and Paris Hilton's TV shows". Where in society are these people, that make the trash of our society popular. Maybe thats why we have not seen major improvements and titles in the gaming industry for many years. Because a large number of sheep are satisfied with so little. Lol, same thing with all the reality programing. People are always complaining about the large number of reality shows. Well, thats because so many enjoy subpar content.

Binar 04-12-2013 10:30 AM

World of tanks ... Free to play/ free to download

Never played WOT but I heard good things about it... Wow is too expensive for a 9 year old game

Hi my name is Mike and I USED to be a WOW addict

Tapakidney1 04-12-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werther (Post 58822852)
This is too sad. I can't believe you people play that game. That was one shitty game. I played it for about 6 months when it first came it, got borreed and quit. How the hell are you people still playing such a crappy game. Its similar to me asking "who are these people that watch the kardashians and Paris Hilton's TV shows". Where in society are these people, that make the trash of our society popular. Maybe thats why we have not seen major improvements and titles in the gaming industry for many years. Because a large number of sheep are satisfied with so little. Lol, same thing with all the reality programing. People are always complaining about the large number of reality shows. Well, thats because so many enjoy subpar content.

Trollers gonna troll.

graze 04-12-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saboth (Post 58822766)
Man, I simply can't imagine going back to this game, ever. Loved it for years, then realized I wasn't happy unless I was doing top-tier raids/groups, and to do that you basically accepted a full time job of raiding 5 hours a night, then spending your weekends farming for mats for raid materials and repair costs. "Woohoo...only took me 2 hours to do my dailies today!". I think I'm just done with the never-ending grinds of MMOs. Even Guild Wars 2 got old fast, and that game is better than WoW in every way imaginable. Even Rift is better than WoW.

yeeeahhh thanks for talking me back out of this lol. played wow too for years up through cata and really shouldn't pick it back up...just sucks too much time out of a day if you let it :shake:

Moooshe 04-12-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werther (Post 58822852)
This is too sad. I can't believe you people play that game. That was one shitty game. I played it for about 6 months when it first came it, got borreed and quit. How the hell are you people still playing such a crappy game. Its similar to me asking "who are these people that watch the kardashians and Paris Hilton's TV shows". Where in society are these people, that make the trash of our society popular. Maybe thats why we have not seen major improvements and titles in the gaming industry for many years. Because a large number of sheep are satisfied with so little. Lol, same thing with all the reality programing. People are always complaining about the large number of reality shows. Well, thats because so many enjoy subpar content.

You must be fun at parties.

alanky 04-12-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billcyrus19903 (Post 58819266)
This game is a must play. very addictive, and entertaining. amazingly its a good price over here.

Yes, +1 to that.
A very dangerous game though. When I was playing it, I was spending all of my free time on it. Its hard to stop playing because there's so much to do and its fun. I have quit two times and want to stay like that.
An AWESOMELY fun game - amazingly well-designed in every way. They really work hard to keep adding new stuff to it.

nurrburt 04-12-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werther (Post 58822852)
This is too sad. I can't believe you people play that game. That was one shitty game. I played it for about 6 months when it first came it, got borreed and quit. How the hell are you people still playing such a crappy game. Its similar to me asking "who are these people that watch the kardashians and Paris Hilton's TV shows". Where in society are these people, that make the trash of our society popular. Maybe thats why we have not seen major improvements and titles in the gaming industry for many years. Because a large number of sheep are satisfied with so little. Lol, same thing with all the reality programing. People are always complaining about the large number of reality shows. Well, thats because so many enjoy subpar content.

I guess the main difference here is that they play a game they enjoy and you played and paid $15 a month for a shitty game for 6 months. If they're stupid for enjoying shallow entertainment, what does that make you? :lmao:

bizzy2010 04-12-2013 10:40 AM

If you're going to waste $15 on a game, it should be on camelot unchained kickstarter

alanky 04-12-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werther (Post 58822852)
This is too sad. I can't believe you people play that game. That was one shitty game. I played it for about 6 months when it first came it, got borreed and quit. How the hell are you people still playing such a crappy game. Its similar to me asking "who are these people that watch the kardashians and Paris Hilton's TV shows". Where in society are these people, that make the trash of our society popular. Maybe thats why we have not seen major improvements and titles in the gaming industry for many years. Because a large number of sheep are satisfied with so little. Lol, same thing with all the reality programing. People are always complaining about the large number of reality shows. Well, thats because so many enjoy subpar content.

Fair criticism, but what do you suggest for improvement?
And what would you recommend instead of Wow, that is not sub-par?

E.K 04-12-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysogen (Post 58822180)
I'm interested in the arguable better, free games out there. Got any recommendations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackrock (Post 58822240)
care to name a few?

Clash of Clans, if you own an iOS device :D

It's free to play, but if you want to move things faster you can buy things in the game too (with real money, of course).


Edit : I don't know about the 'being better' part though. It doesn't take a lot of your time and you might consider it a very simplified version of WoW.

bizzy2010 04-12-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanky (Post 58823166)
Fair criticism, but what do you suggest for improvement?
And what would you recommend instead of Wow, that is not sub-par?

Camelot Unchained kickstarter. Make sure you visit my 2 page 11 thumbs downed post! lol

http://www.kickstarter.com/projec...d?ref=live

Moooshe 04-12-2013 10:46 AM

I can't believe people are comparing freemium iphone games to WoW. It's like telling someone that Bioshock infinite sucks and they should play bejeweled instead.

cp59 04-12-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teejaydub (Post 58821958)
I'm amazed people still pay and play World of Warcraft with arguably better, free games out there. I was a WoW addict for 8 years (essentially when it first came out), but I have more constructive things to do with my time these days. Suppose that's part of growing up.

Wow you wasted 8 years of your life to a game? I played for a couple of years. Was fun, but I now have a career, wife, kid that take up what time I would have to play this. This game is excellent for kids or adults still living in moms basement.

jwcdis 04-12-2013 10:59 AM

WoW is a good game it's just that most people are tired of it. It's been going since 2004?
Just really hard to keep it fresh, i think the metacritic score of 82 and the user score of 4 illustrates my point

Moooshe 04-12-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp59 (Post 58823554)
Wow you wasted 8 years of your life to a game? I played for a couple of years. Was fun, but I now have a career, wife, kid that take up what time I would have to play this. This game is excellent for kids or adults still living in moms basement.

Or adults that can manage their time better than others. The group I was raiding with last year consisted of almost exclusively 30+ year olds, all with full time jobs and some with families.


I find it funny that in every WoW thread there will be so many bashers saying how bad this game is and that they quit it long ago and therefore everyone playing it must be really pathetic. Just move on with your life.

Moooshe 04-12-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58823628)
WoW is a good game it's just that most people are tired of it. It's been going since 2004?
Just really hard to keep it fresh, i think the metacritic score of 82 and the user score of 4 illustrates my point


They still keep it fresh with MoP being the best expansion so far in my opinion. The fact that it's 8 years old has nothing to do with this, I still play Dungeon Keeper II (1999) when I can. If a game is fun to play, who cares how old it is?

Dino2997 04-12-2013 11:04 AM

Great price but can you play this game as a casual gamer? Weekend only.

staticoverdub 04-12-2013 11:04 AM

http://blog.infrared5.com/2010/08...ive-games/

Not for the weak-willed casual gamer.

Noobzilla771 04-12-2013 11:08 AM

I would play bejeweled anytime of the day :P

Anyhow, I used to be a vanilla WoW addict. I got Burning Crusade for a few months and quit (didn't play raid content). Though I'd always use the 10-days free Blizzard sends out to get you back. WotLK came out and played it for 2 months before I quit again (bored me and didn't have time). I completely skipped Cataclysm. My friend gave me a scroll of rez, which includes a free lvl 80 character and Cataclysm so I bit.

As far as the story goes.. My only reaction is.. "Pandas?! WTF" Everything else seems pretty good though. I like the Looking for Raid since I'm a casual player and don't want to deal with hardcore raiding. I also stopped caring about making gold so I'd only play 6-10 hours a week for the raids.

ParticleJG 04-12-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 58822030)
B2g1 video game sales. Picked some up at target during their last sale.

I tried it at BestBuy, but they fixed that bug. Still going on for Target? (I stopped playing but maybe Xbox Live works?)

smith99 04-12-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooshe (Post 58823704)
They still keep it fresh with MoP being the best expansion so far in my opinion. The fact that it's 8 years old has nothing to do with this, I still play Dungeon Keeper II (1999) when I can. If a game is fun to play, who cares how old it is?


If Nintendo starts releasing expansion packs for NES Super Mario Brothers, I'd play them til my wife left me.

MecroU 04-12-2013 11:08 AM

Too bad I stopped playing WoW years ago. Decent price for people still playing.

staticoverdub 04-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooshe (Post 58823704)
They still keep it fresh with MoP being the best expansion so far in my opinion. The fact that it's 8 years old has nothing to do with this, I still play Dungeon Keeper II (1999) when I can. If a game is fun to play, who cares how old it is?

DKII is still amazing. :celery:

krayzie 04-12-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 58823832)
I tried it at BestBuy, but they fixed that bug. Still going on for Target? (I stopped playing but maybe Xbox Live works?)

No, this was a few weeks ago. The WoW cards were the ones in actual PC cases. Not like the Xbox live cards that have to be activated. It also doesn't work for the xbox live cards unless someone screws up the next promo.

ParticleJG 04-12-2013 11:15 AM

And for those interested, you can probably get BestBuy to PM this.

alanky 04-12-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizzy2010 (Post 58823294)
Camelot Unchained kickstarter. Make sure you visit my 2 page 11 thumbs downed post! lol

http://www.kickstarter.com/projec...d?ref=live

Not a final product so, no, that doesnt quality as an alternative to Wow.

urbach 04-12-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooshe (Post 58823646)
Or adults that can manage their time better than others. The group I was raiding with last year consisted of almost exclusively 30+ year olds, all with full time jobs and some with families.


I find it funny that in every WoW thread there will be so many bashers saying how bad this game is and that they quit it long ago and therefore everyone playing it must be really pathetic. Just move on with your life.

Yep. In a guild with age ranged mid-20s to 40s. Youngest is 24, and next youngest is 28. We raid for 3 hours one night a week. Almost everybody is married or in a committed relationship, and many have kids. Actually many of us play with our wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends in the guild, and several couples are in our raid team. :) Doesn't take much time at all to enjoy the game and get stuff out of it, and really fun to play as a couple. (And yes we do a lot of stuff outside of WoW as a couple as well.)

jwcdis 04-12-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooshe (Post 58823704)
They still keep it fresh with MoP being the best expansion so far in my opinion. The fact that it's 8 years old has nothing to do with this, I still play Dungeon Keeper II (1999) when I can. If a game is fun to play, who cares how old it is?


I'm not arguing with you that WoW can be a fun game for some. I have even been told it is the best game that has ever been created. I want to try to make a point of is that it's nearly the same identical formula for the past 8 years and while its feasible (see madden nfl) there will always be people who say it as the same game.

You can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

Werther 04-12-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

"You must be fun at parties. "
I am, as long as they aren't WOW parties =P

Quote:

"Trollers gonna troll. "
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote:

Fair criticism, but what do you suggest for improvement?
And what would you recommend instead of Wow, that is not sub-par?
I think my criticism was fair. Unfortunately, I can't offer an alternative. Part of my argument, was.... that the sheep were satisfied, so why do game developers need to put out better stuff. If you can sell the same old crap, and it sells, well hell, why not.

PS. Same principle applies to movies. Movies have sucked for the last, many years. Again, if people will still go see the shitty movies, why should the movie makers feel motivated to do somonething original, or game changing

urbach 04-12-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58824296)
I'm not arguing with you that WoW can be a fun game for some. I have even been told it is the best game that has ever been created. I want to try to make a point of is that it's nearly the same identical formula for the past 8 years and while its feasible (see madden nfl) there will always be people who say it as the same game.

You can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

Well the fact that 9 million subscribers is considered low for WoW, but the next closest MMO has 2.5 million and is happy about it, should say something. (Heck, EVE has like 450,000 total and they are extremely happy about it.)

Any game that more than triples their next closest competition in subscribers, but is kinda sad about it, is doing pretty well.

Don't get me wrong... WoW will die off. In fact I'm actively looking and hoping for a new MMO to take my attention away. While I love WoW, it IS old, and I'd love to fall in love with something new. I just haven't found anything that I like nearly as much yet. Someday I will, I'm sure.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/C...Subs-1.png
http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/C...Subs-2.png

leona123 04-12-2013 11:41 AM

Nice game and it must be a good deal at free shipping.

LJSquishy 04-12-2013 11:47 AM

Thanks! Just ordered to casually get back into WoW. I bought Guild Wars 2 when it came out and it is horrible --It requires absolutely no skill at all to do anything.

I was pulled back into WoW last year when they gave me Cata for free. I used a Scroll of Resurrection and came back for about 6 months but then moved over to GW2. Now I'll be coming back to WoW after almost a year long break. I used to be a hardcore raider w/ my husband but now we just play casually.

destruct1214 04-12-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58824296)
I'm not arguing with you that WoW can be a fun game for some. I have even been told it is the best game that has ever been created. I want to try to make a point of is that it's nearly the same identical formula for the past 8 years and while its feasible (see madden nfl) there will always be people who say it as the same game.

You can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

WoW never had 30 million subs. The most they ever had was like 12.5 million. Stop pulling facts out of your ass.

Werther 04-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Thanks! Just ordered to casually get back into WoW. I bought Guild Wars 2 when it came out and it is horrible --It requires absolutely no skill at all to do anything.
That was a joke right? Guild wars requires no skill, but WOW does? I played wow for 6months, did some minor raiding. It was pathetic compared to original EQ. Wow was for the little ones that would cry and whine about EQ being to difficult. WOW was to EQ, what Yugioh was to Magic the Gathering. But hey, Kids need games to.

Grayson73 04-12-2013 12:02 PM

I only played the free 20 levels for WoW. Does this allow any free play?

Moooshe 04-12-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58824296)
I'm not arguing with you that WoW can be a fun game for some. I have even been told it is the best game that has ever been created. I want to try to make a point of is that it's nearly the same identical formula for the past 8 years and while its feasible (see madden nfl) there will always be people who say it as the same game.

You can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

1. the game never had anything close to 30 million. the highest they got was about 12.5M during LK IIRC. Keeping 9 million active subs after 8-9 years is amazing in my opinion.

2. No other MMO after WoW ever got to even half of that number, even when they're set in a huge world based on one of the most successful films in history (SWTOR), have many unique features (Rift, GW2), or set around endgame and riddles (The secret world). Not bashing all those other games - I'm just saying that there might be something to that 8-year old formula that still works. Now justify that.

losingnewbie 04-12-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayson73 (Post 58825134)
I only played the free 20 levels for WoW. Does this allow any free play?

I believe buying this (MoP) would get you a free 30-day sub, but you would need to upgrade to the battlechest, and subsequently the other expansions, first to continue playing past level 20.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Moooshe 04-12-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losingnewbie (Post 58825404)
I believe buying this (MoP) would get you a free 30-day sub, but you would need to upgrade to the battlechest, and subsequently the other expansions, first to continue playing past level 20.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

You're wrong unless they changed something recently. This is meant to be used to upgrade an active account to WoW. expansion packs never come with game time.

Xevv 04-12-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooshe (Post 58825460)
You're wrong unless they changed something recently. This is meant to be used to upgrade an active account to WoW. expansion packs never come with game time.


Yea you are correct. Although unless theyve also changed it he would need to buy the basic wow and expansions before panda which would get him a month of game time.

samadhi99 04-12-2013 12:20 PM

I miss EQ so much. TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Been playing WoW for the last 8 years as well and this is a great deal. If you still find it enjoyable then great. I dont get all the thread crapping. If you hate WoW then wtf did you bother clicking on a WoW deal? Oh riiiiight to waste that precious time you all claim you dont have blabbering on about a game you say you dont even like. Seems we really know who the children are here.
Also, my guild. All 30+ as well. All have full time jobs, all have famillies. Clearly we know a thing or two that trolls dont - time management.

Cerb 04-12-2013 12:30 PM

I just wish that they would do a 'casual' sub level. I used to play for years and years back in high school - but i agree that the fact that raiding is essentially a full time job. Now that I've got my wife and house and am planning for a kid - simply not enough time to go full out and play enough to make it worth my $15...

However if they had a cheap plan with possibly limited hours - i'd bite for the weekends or rainy days where i was bored.

alkingson 04-12-2013 12:35 PM

Thanks good deal got one.

zillionsk8 04-12-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbb (Post 58822802)
I recently got into that game, and MoP is kind of lame once you hit level 90. It's just never ending dailies until you want to shoot yourself in the face.

Collecting mounts it still fun though, for me anyway.


Yeah, and if you get into raiding you're done for haha, I remember going to sleep at 3am pretty much every day and waking up for work at 7 .... then back home, pass out for an hour and then repeat
It was fun though

alkingson 04-12-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerb (Post 58825814)
I just wish that they would do a 'casual' sub level. I used to play for years and years back in high school - but i agree that the fact that raiding is essentially a full time job. Now that I've got my wife and house and am planning for a kid - simply not enough time to go full out and play enough to make it worth my $15...

However if they had a cheap plan with possibly limited hours - i'd bite for the weekends or rainy days where i was bored.


I agree with you buddy they need to have cheaper plans for very causal players like us..who want to play like 5-10 hours a month..

Lysogen 04-12-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samadhi99 (Post 58825584)
I miss EQ so much. TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Oh blackburrow! And i finally KS'ed pizjin and scored the GBS before i quit playing.

samadhi99 04-12-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysogen (Post 58826220)
Oh blackburrow! And i finally KS'ed pizjin and scored the GBS before i quit playing.

Oh man do you remember before they brought in the clicky book thingies to travel? I would spent hours running across continent.
Lol, damn them gnolls! :mad:

shackrock 04-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezhilk (Post 58823266)
Clash of Clans, if you own an iOS device :D

It's free to play, but if you want to move things faster you can buy things in the game too (with real money, of course).


Edit : I don't know about the 'being better' part though. It doesn't take a lot of your time and you might consider it a very simplified version of WoW.

Oh, I am the man on clash of clans don't you worry. lol. I love it, and I want that game for PC but made so that we can play it quicker (don't have to wait 5 days to build,etc...) - has anyone made a Clash of Clans style game that's deeper/quicker for PC?

teejaydub 04-12-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackrock (Post 58822240)
care to name a few?

I played Guild Wars 2 for a bit, seemed like a better thought out game with more interactivity and depth than "Go kill 20 boars." Better graphics as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysogen (Post 58822180)
I'm interested in the arguable better, free games out there. Got any recommendations?

Above. Also, if you're looking for a free-to-play game that has no software fee, many of the Perfect World games are just that. Download the game for free, play for free. They get their money via in-game purchases, but most if not all are completely optional. Forsaken World is where I spent some time on, and seemed just as fun as WoW was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp59 (Post 58823554)
Wow you wasted 8 years of your life to a game? I played for a couple of years. Was fun, but I now have a career, wife, kid that take up what time I would have to play this. This game is excellent for kids or adults still living in moms basement.

I completely agree with you in every point. It was fun, but I enjoyed the social aspect more than the actual game. It was fun being in groups with people. The game, as a whole, is actually pretty mechanical and it took the term "grinding" to a whole new level (no pun intended).

goodforyou19 04-12-2013 05:01 PM

god there is so much anger in the ex-wow community... if you like the game, great! this is a good deal for you. if you don't, no one gives a shit how many hours/years you've spent on the game. PLEASE stop trolling SD posts and turning them into blizzard forums...

can't believe im feeding the trolls right now

Foladar 04-12-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino2997 (Post 58823736)
Great price but can you play this game as a casual gamer? Weekend only.

Yes, as long as you're able to manage your time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58824296)
You can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

The game was never stated at 30 million subs, or even close to that number.

thesirjay 04-12-2013 07:21 PM

Another vote for classic EQ - I keep hoping eqclassic will take off so I can truly relive the old days :). Although things like project1999 are a neat taste of old school.

Foladar 04-12-2013 07:27 PM

Just noticed it wasn't available for Shoprunner, boo. Was tempted.

ShiZero 04-12-2013 08:38 PM

I stopped a year ago. This is me right about now, after this dumb deal. [youtube.com]

fuzi 04-13-2013 08:25 AM

Old wow players, Turn Back Now! Don't do it! haha

Tempted to pick it up to play quest to 90 but I feel like a crack addict if i play again.

Nattefrost 04-13-2013 08:43 AM

there are bunch of F2P mmo games coming out this year like neverwinter.. wow should be free or pay to play hourly. its too time consuming between running dailies, LFR and normal raiding.

alanky 04-13-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwcdis (Post 58824296)
Iou can say mists of pandaria is the best expansion but you still have to justify why the game went from 30 million subscribers to around its current 9 million

Evidence for it ever reaching 30 million? Thats false: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/C...Subs-1.png
And as you can see its the "king" in these types of games. (post)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werther (Post 58824342)
I think my criticism was fair. Unfortunately, I can't offer an alternative. Part of my argument, was.... that the sheep were satisfied, so why do game developers need to put out better stuff. If you can sell the same old crap, and it sells, well hell, why not.

PS. Same principle applies to movies. Movies have sucked for the last, many years. Again, if people will still go see the shitty movies, why should the movie makers feel motivated to do somonething original, or game changing

Just because you got tired of it or found it boring doesn't mean everyone else is a sheep and the game is crappy. Its a good game. Wow is the best in this category (evidence)

Anyway, if anyone wants to check max achievements, check out this guy, Ataxus [battle.net].
I just look at them and I go, wow, I cannot do that and I'm fine with it. I got so many other things to do. I love the game though. I watch videos of it every now and then to see whats going on.

Parker1974 04-13-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp59 (Post 58823554)
Wow you wasted 8 years of your life to a game? I played for a couple of years. Was fun, but I now have a career, wife, kid that take up what time I would have to play this. This game is excellent for kids or adults still living in moms basement.

Well...different strokes for different folks. I too have a career, wife, and (two) kids, but I just got into the MMO scene a few months ago, largely as a late-night diversion from real life. I've even made a few, well, virtual friends.

There's no good reason to denigrate those of us who enjoy this kind of game as "living in moms basement". And i know a lot of other guys in the same boat I am.

Of course I know exactly the class of gamer you're trying to stereotype. And I know they're out there, en masse. I'm just saying there are also plenty of other types of gamers beyond those folks.

Don't take this too personally, but I think you might have just a little more growing up to do yourself.

drake123 04-13-2013 11:55 AM

Owesom game for time pass but not a good deal.

shackrock 04-13-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teejaydub (Post 58830434)

Above. Also, if you're looking for a free-to-play game that has no software fee, many of the Perfect World games are just that. Download the game for free, play for free. They get their money via in-game purchases, but most if not all are completely optional. Forsaken World is where I spent some time on, and seemed just as fun as WoW was.

They have so many... any specific that you like here? http://www.perfectworld.com/download could be a good head start for me to check out.

MLmadness 04-14-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58822906)
World of tanks ... Free to play/ free to download

Never played WOT but I heard good things about it... Wow is too expensive for a 9 year old game

Hi my name is Mike and I USED to be a WOW addict

You never "used" to be an addict. Once and addict always an addict. Really, you should say, "Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a WOW addict. I've been sober for [time]." Recovering addicts understand that if they put themselves in the same situations they were in when they had a problem, they will relapse back easily. They haven't overcome the problem because they are no longer addicted, simply because they know their triggers and avoid them. :)

teejaydub 04-15-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackrock (Post 58844508)
They have so many... any specific that you like here? http://www.perfectworld.com/download could be a good head start for me to check out.

I played Forsaken World. It was fun, a little repetitive like WoW was, but not as bad. Graphics are more asian style, as Perfect World is a Korean company.

prismx 04-15-2013 07:47 AM

Had to move out of Moms basement so I lost my Wow account.

No not really. Played WoW as a beta tester and then live until Burning Crusade. Got burnt out. Tried a few more MMOs and then grew out of the MMO phase. I now avoid anything MMO related as its always the same old grind anyway. Great deal for current players though. $15 for an expansions is great!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 AM.