Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) $30 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5969552-persona-4-golden-ps-vita-30-free-shipping)

Lemstar 04-15-2013 07:34 PM

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) $30 + Free Shipping
 
It was on sale for the same price everywhere (Amazon, GameStop, PSN) last month, but for those of you who missed it, it looks like Amazon's running it again.

http://www.amazon.com/Persona-4-G...B007W8S2MG

brisar 04-15-2013 07:34 PM

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) $30 + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) for $29.96 with free shipping. Thanks Lemstar

Price Research: Our research indicates that Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) from the above seller is $9 lower (23% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $39. - brisar

gothamhunter 04-16-2013 06:55 AM

In for one, thanks OP.

webculb 04-16-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothamhunter (Post 58885920)
In for one, thanks OP.

Best game I've playing in a long time. You won't be disappointed. I'm 60 hours in right now.:D

Laicha 04-16-2013 07:43 AM

This game is worth any price.

Do it.

theotheruser01 04-16-2013 07:57 AM

Is there any reason to buy this if someone has already played through the PS2 version? I loved it on the PS2 but I'm not really thrilled about spending another 60+ hours on it if most of it is the same stuff.

n1kki6 04-16-2013 07:58 AM

If youve been through the PS2 version probably not.

Borealis17 04-16-2013 08:30 AM

Gotta agree with these folks, ordered it from Gamestop for $25 a month ago. Just got to playing it this past week, i'm maybe halfway through and it's safe to say its one of my favorite games of all time.

Looking forward to P4:Arena to hit $20 again; it's supposed to be a really well done and accessible fighting game with huge story emphasis.

ubiquitous 04-16-2013 10:00 AM

There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

Icedburden 04-16-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 58889656)
There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

I'm the same way. I just turned the volume all the way down and listened to podcasts while I played. Amazing game though, put 120 hours in and probably going to do one more playthrough at some point.

Borealis17 04-16-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 58889656)
There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

Atlus tends to put effort into VA for their games, hence Personas is quite good imo. If you've never played this game and that's the reason your holding out, you've come up with the most stupid as shit reason I've heard.

Personally I think Japanese VAing is weak, it makes it much harder to get into a story for me. I'd take "good" English dubs over the best Japanese audio any day.

ubiquitous 04-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borealis17 (Post 58890936)
Atlus tends to put effort into VA for their games, hence Personas is quite good imo. If you've never played this game and that's the reason your holding out, you've come up with the most stupid as shit reason I've heard.

Personally I think Japanese VAing is weak, it makes it much harder to get into a story for me. I'd take "good" English dubs over the best Japanese audio any day.

You can't beat the original. I wouldn't want to play Uncharted in French either. Everyone has their preferences, that's certainly true. I would never advocate for a version with only Japanese audio. Many Blu-ray movies come with a plethora of options for voice and subtitles, that is an inclusive product. I don't see why video games shouldn't be the same.

This game is not new. I can play it on PS2 with an undubbed version and that's what I'll do eventually.

It's a shame though. I mostly enjoy JRPG video games and so many companies continue to westernize their products. I was hopeful these practices would end when Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni and Eternal Sonata all had Japanese audio as an option. Seems Atlus and Square are intent on forcing dubs though. All theyr'e managing to do in my case is force me to either import copies or buy different products.

marine63 04-16-2013 03:51 PM

I never really played a persona game before after playing this through I was pretty meh on it. I felt that the game dragged on too long. The story felt predictable. the characters were too two dimensional.

I only liked the "1 more" attack and the "all-out-attack" it added to the turned based rpg genre. The music was good if not a bit repetitive.

The dubbing was okay. The only one that got on my nerves were chie and naoto (srs the game took way too long reveal that she was a girl. even though her voice was a dead give away -_-)

oh and the game reuses enemies too frequently with a different color and weakness. :(

Nerim 04-16-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theotheruser01 (Post 58886972)
Is there any reason to buy this if someone has already played through the PS2 version? I loved it on the PS2 but I'm not really thrilled about spending another 60+ hours on it if most of it is the same stuff.

I think so. There are a lot of small intricacies added to the Vita version (a few social links, an extra dungeon, an 8-bit boss battle theme against Mitsuo) that a fan really appreciates. It's definitely the same game, but in my opinion worth playing again.

hsol85 04-17-2013 05:06 AM

Was very reluctant to try this game at first. Changed by perspective on JRPGs completely. Well worth the price

Greg88 04-17-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsol85 (Post 58905402)
Was very reluctant to try this game at first. Changed by perspective on JRPGs completely. Well worth the price

really? looking at some gameplay videos and it looks like every JRPG ever released, can't wait until there is a western RPG (Fallout, ME, Elder Scrolls, KOTOR) released for the Vita

Strmtrper6 04-17-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 58889656)
There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

Crap. Now I wish I didn't buy it.

I assumed there was no way there wasn't Japanese audio.

SNESimon 04-17-2013 07:42 AM

I'm about 25 hours in and i'm enjoying the game. its a fun game, but I don't know why everyone is heads over heels for this game. The fighting system is pretty basic, and the game world feels very limited/small. Fun game but not amazing IMO.

Play3rtwo 04-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 58889656)
There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

i disagree with the "invariably awful" remark... the dubs are fine, play it and enjoy it. the vita version has an additional dungeon so that's a reason to play if you've already played the ps2 version.

RLEIV 04-17-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 58889656)
There's no Japanese audio on this version which ruins it for me. In Japan voice acting is a serious industry and as a result they provide much better voice acting that helps add emotional depth to the story.

The English dubs are invariably awful. It's a difference in cultures and as someone who has a more refined taste, I cannot sit through dubbed role playing games.

I agree with you, but this game actually has pretty good voice acting. Very well done.

Catfanatic1979 04-17-2013 08:10 AM

Personally, I think the dubs are great. Not everything is instantly bad because it is in English. Buy the game. It is one of the best JRPG's ever made. They also added alot of new content for this version.

Crisis62485 04-17-2013 08:42 AM

This is a great game! Definitely a must for a vita owner.

While I definitely prefer the Japanese VA, just because it's dubbed shouldn't be a deal breaker. I think it's actually pretty good in this game.

Cell323 04-17-2013 08:47 AM

Damn I have to resist buying this game. But slickdeals is not making it any easier. I'm playing the classic Castlevania Symphony of the night on my Vita right now. I don't want to get distracted. haha

webculb 04-17-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNESimon (Post 58907898)
I'm about 25 hours in and i'm enjoying the game. its a fun game, but I don't know why everyone is heads over heels for this game. The fighting system is pretty basic, and the game world feels very limited/small. Fun game but not amazing IMO.

The best party IMO is the story line and the Social Link Storylines. Yes the combat is pretty basic. If you spend more than one day in the TV for each section your playing it wrong.;)

sdea 04-17-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theotheruser01 (Post 58886972)
Is there any reason to buy this if someone has already played through the PS2 version? I loved it on the PS2 but I'm not really thrilled about spending another 60+ hours on it if most of it is the same stuff.

Yes! This game is completely reworked and they added several new events that you won't find in vanilla. You will not be disappointed by the additional scenes and goodies Atlus had put in. Well worth the time to replay and worth every penny imo. You'll regret not playing this if you're a persona fan.

talefing 04-17-2013 05:39 PM

anyone from NYC that wants to trade their Persona 4 Golden, let me know!

seanleeforever 04-17-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webculb (Post 58909510)
The best party IMO is the story line and the Social Link Storylines. Yes the combat is pretty basic. If you spend more than one day in the TV for each section your playing it wrong.;)

i assume you play on easy or very easy?

i started on Normal for my first play through, and the second and third dungeon are hard like hell. it is difficult, if not impossible, to clear those two sections in one day. (well, it might be possible should i know how easy the game became so i don't have to conserve my resources)


But, this game gets ridiculously easy later on. and by ridiculous, i mean ridiculous (i can beat all enemies, except the final boss, with my eyes closed starting with the fourth dungeon). i don't believe there is another game that i have played in my life comes close to the easiness of this game.

overall, very good story telling, very good voice. okay combat, silly difficulty, huge content. given the platform (Vita), i say it is a must buy just for the content alone.

webculb 04-17-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanleeforever (Post 58922436)
i assume you play on easy or very easy?

i started on Normal for my first play through, and the second and third dungeon are hard like hell. it is difficult, if not impossible, to clear those two sections in one day. (well, it might be possible should i know how easy the game became so i don't have to conserve my resources)


But, this game gets ridiculously easy later on. and by ridiculous, i mean ridiculous (i can beat all enemies, except the final boss, with my eyes closed starting with the fourth dungeon). i don't believe there is another game that i have played in my life comes close to the easiness of this game.

overall, very good story telling, very good voice. okay combat, silly difficulty, huge content. given the platform (Vita), i say it is a must buy just for the content alone.

I'm playing on normal as well. I use the psn free heal and grinded alot for first few dungeons. Your right though later dungeons get super easy once your party is leveled up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 AM.


1999-2014