Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Asus 10.1" Eee Pad 32GB Tablet - NVIDIA Tegra 3 T33 (1.6GHz) Refurbished TF700 $329 + Free Shipping (Ebay Daily Deal) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5972574-asus-10-1-eee-pad-32gb-tablet-nvidia-tegra-3-t33-1-6ghz-refurbished-tf700-329-free-shipping-ebay-daily-deal)

DJ3xclusive 04-17-2013 08:00 AM

Asus 10.1" Eee Pad 32GB Tablet - NVIDIA Tegra 3 T33 (1.6GHz) Refurbished TF700 $329 + Free Shipping (Ebay Daily Deal)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-10-1...4ac3a10778

warmwxrules 04-17-2013 09:58 AM

Amazon has new ones for $399

warehouse ranges from $320 to 330 for used ones...depending on what they have in stock.

swedrows 04-17-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmwxrules (Post 58911432)
Amazon has new ones for $399

warehouse ranges from $320 to 330 for used ones...depending on what they have in stock.

yeah but this is refurbished which means it's going to look brand spankin' new....

the used ones on amazon are going to range from "good" to "like new" condition...

i've been buying refurbished laptops and other items for years and not one of them has disappointed...all of the stuff i have still works and they all looked brand new except for the sticker they place on the back or inside the battery area that says "refurbished"

swedrows 04-17-2013 10:36 AM

ok so after some quick reads on reviews, i jumped on this tablet...this thing is blazing fast and has a great 1080p screen, along with a super bright mode to let you read outdoor in sunny weather...perfect for my upcoming trip to mexico!

for this price you can't beat the performance you get...if something better comes out at the same price point, at least i can unload this one for about what i paid since it was refurbished. thumbs up!

Hawk600 04-17-2013 10:37 AM

Same as the Asus Prime deal that was just posted, be aware of lag issues due to memory I/O bottleneck. This can be fixed rooting the Tablet.
Root will void the warranty however it is just a 90 days warranty anyways!

jromankvcc 04-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swedrows (Post 58912528)
ok so after some quick reads on reviews, i jumped on this tablet...this thing is blazing fast and has a great 1080p screen, along with a super bright mode to let you read outdoor in sunny weather...perfect for my upcoming trip to mexico!

for this price you can't beat the performance you get...if something better comes out at the same price point, at least i can unload this one for about what i paid since it was refurbished. thumbs up!

Don't leave it unattended for even just a second. If you're anywhere near tourist locales, it'll get snatched in a heart beat. Not that this wouldn't happen in the US as well...

swedrows 04-17-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jromankvcc (Post 58915816)
Don't leave it unattended for even just a second. If you're anywhere near tourist locales, it'll get snatched in a heart beat. Not that this wouldn't happen in the US as well...

trust me, i am not one of those people that leaves electronics unattended...i learned the hard way years ago in my high school study hall class...left my ti-85 calculator at my seat right when i entered study hall and went to get a drink of water at the other end of the room...when i got back to my seat, the calculator was gone...last time i ever left anything unattended aside from clothes or a beach towel lol

jromankvcc 04-17-2013 12:49 PM

P.S.- I had in mind getting this tablet. I just sold all my tablets. The only one left is the Nexus 7, and, to my surprise, a newcomer that we found at BestBuy a couple weeks back: The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

I don't think I've ever been happier about a tablet. I'd love to have an FHD screen, I'll say that, but this is just amazing. It cost me $250 (refurbished open box) which is why we even thought about getting it in the first place, and never been happier.

With that being said, I just sold my TF101 + dock for $265 on Craigslist, and I had been thinking about replacing it with the TF700.

Can anybody here give me pros/cons TF700 vs Note 10.1? the Note 10.1 came with USB port, and I already know "dock has battery, usb, sd card, keyboard, mouse", which is the only thing I'm missing.

I have the ATIV 500T and I've never been more unhappy about a tablet, in the other hand. Something eats up the battery, so I can't even let it sleep because, well, it'll die in a few short hours. I find it too big. I'm guessing 10~" might be the sweet point for touch, though I love the keyboard. It came with a bright pixel, as well. It is being returned. The replacement will arrive tomorrow. All in all, no issues with the dock (oddly enough, since everyone seemed to complain about that).

I was just surprised how much I liked the Note 10.1 vs how much I disliked the ATIV 500T (and they look almost identical)

oh, pro on Note 10.1, out the bat, Peel app...

jromankvcc 04-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swedrows (Post 58916332)
trust me, i am not one of those people that leaves electronics unattended...i learned the hard way years ago in my high school study hall class...left my ti-85 calculator at my seat right when i entered study hall and went to get a drink of water at the other end of the room...when i got back to my seat, the calculator was gone...last time i ever left anything unattended aside from clothes or a beach towel lol

Lol yeah I left my bag with my digital camera, CD player, and my collection of CDs with 3 classmates that were in the lobby at the hotel in Mexico while I went to help people placing the luggage in the bus. It wasn't even 30 seconds later that I see my classmates come out the door, without my camera bag. So I ran inside and it was already too late.

It was a 3.2mpx nikon coolpix rotating camera, probably like $400-$600 back then. So embarrassing...spoiled my trip.

~also don't drink water/ice

lol

Meribela 04-17-2013 01:05 PM

I'm surprised by this Tegra 3. I just bought the Acer A210 and it's clocked at 1.2 but runs quicker than my Note 2. Installing apps are faster, opening them is quicker, etc. The screen resolution is not up to my taste so I may be returning it. Otherwise, I think this would also be a good tablet...at 1.6 to boot! :)

speedman 04-17-2013 01:14 PM

Cancel.....

drymonkey 04-17-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jromankvcc (Post 58916348)
P.S.- I had in mind getting this tablet. I just sold all my tablets. The only one left is the Nexus 7, and, to my surprise, a newcomer that we found at BestBuy a couple weeks back: The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

I don't think I've ever been happier about a tablet. I'd love to have an FHD screen, I'll say that, but this is just amazing. It cost me $250 (refurbished open box) which is why we even thought about getting it in the first place, and never been happier.

With that being said, I just sold my TF101 + dock for $265 on Craigslist, and I had been thinking about replacing it with the TF700.

Can anybody here give me pros/cons TF700 vs Note 10.1? the Note 10.1 came with USB port, and I already know "dock has battery, usb, sd card, keyboard, mouse", which is the only thing I'm missing.

I have the ATIV 500T and I've never been more unhappy about a tablet, in the other hand. Something eats up the battery, so I can't even let it sleep because, well, it'll die in a few short hours. I find it too big. I'm guessing 10~" might be the sweet point for touch, though I love the keyboard. It came with a bright pixel, as well. It is being returned. The replacement will arrive tomorrow. All in all, no issues with the dock (oddly enough, since everyone seemed to complain about that).

I was just surprised how much I liked the Note 10.1 vs how much I disliked the ATIV 500T (and they look almost identical)

oh, pro on Note 10.1, out the bat, Peel app...

TF700 has the slightly faster processor and of course better screen resolution. Fragmentation issues still exist (again rooting would help with some of that). The note has the S pen which is probably the game changer right there if you really put it to full use. Then there's the 2gb of memory for the Note as well. Of course you will have to sacrifice screen resolution. Other points would be TF700 feels much more premium than the plasticky feel on the Note. Asus also get its update faster than Samsung. I say other than Google's own product, Asus's products probably the fastest to get android update. There are however, lot of reports of QC issues on the TF700. Just read all the horror stories on amazon and other websites regarding all kind of QC issues Asus has with the screen.

TDMVP73 04-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drymonkey (Post 58916898)
TF700 has the slightly faster processor and of course better screen resolution. Fragmentation issues still exist (again rooting would help with some of that). The note has the S pen which is probably the game changer right there if you really put it to full use. Then there's the 2gb of memory for the Note as well. Of course you will have to sacrifice screen resolution. Other points would be TF700 feels much more premium than the plasticky feel on the Note. Asus also get its update faster than Samsung. I say other than Google's own product, Asus's products probably the fastest to get android update. There are however, lot of reports of QC issues on the TF700. Just read all the horror stories on amazon and other websites regarding all kind of QC issues Asus has with the screen.

Is there any way to root the TF700 without unlocking the bootloader/invalidating your warranty?

kevgret 04-17-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedman (Post 58916884)
No BT... I'm out...

Says right in the description:

Bluetooth: Bluetooth v3.0

drymonkey 04-17-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 58916944)
Is there any way to root the TF700 without unlocking the bootloader/invalidating your warranty?

From what I remember, that will require a downgrade to ICS then OTA Rootkeeper. More on that here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=1925230

speedman 04-17-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevgret (Post 58917006)
Says right in the description:

Bluetooth: Bluetooth v3.0

The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity features Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity... Sorry, I just saw it listed....

jromankvcc 04-17-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drymonkey (Post 58916898)

Yeah I've found that using the S-Pen to teach my son Math (to do exercises) is getting him more interested on it. The Note 10.1 is completely plastic, like you commented, though in a good way (if there's one lol). I think the reasons why I wouldn't switch is 1) Multi-View: having all those apps open alongside is helpful in many occasions. 2) Memory, obviously needed for the Multi-View. 3) S-Pen. Coming from a Note II, it feels natural. 4) Peel to control everything in the house. I do miss the HD resolution on the Fire HD 8.9" sigh.

When will the "totally perfect" tablet be created? lol at least for today's standards anyway.

I think the Note 10.1 with an octa (or whatever is best SoC these days) with FHD (or N10 rez, why not) and keyboard dock available (there's one for the Note 10.1 but would take FOREVER to arrive), with updates as quick as Asus provides...

By the way, was JB what saved the Note 10.1? All I had heard about it was how much it royally sucked, but when I purchased it, I did research again, and it seems that the update completely changed the tablet (for better). That's crazy.

Oh well

Glad that Asus is on the ball with updates. The TF700 seems to be up there on Android versions.

bru_that 04-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote from TDMVP73 http://static.slickdealscdn.com/imag...c/backlink.gif :

There is a new rooting method that works for the TF700 [xda-developers.com]on Jellybean (either 4.1 or 4.2) without downgrading or unlocking. I unlocked and installed a custom ROM a few weeks ago and have not needed to do this, but reports seem good.

mj56gt 04-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 58916944)

Sure. See here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=2228613

TDMVP73 04-17-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bru_that (Post 58917878)

There is a new rooting method that works for the TF700 [xda-developers.com]on Jellybean (either 4.1 or 4.2) without downgrading or unlocking. I unlocked and installed a custom ROM a few weeks ago and have not needed to do this, but reports seem good.

That's awesome! They weren't making very much progress with rooting on Jellybean... so it's nice to know an option exists.