Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Panasonic DMC-G5KK MFT (micro 4/3) camera w/ 14-42mm kit zoom *plus* 45-150mm zoom $405, amazon! Hurry!!! (http://slickdeals.net/f/5975488-panasonic-dmc-g5kk-mft-micro-4-3-camera-w-14-42mm-kit-zoom-plus-45-150mm-zoom-405-amazon-hurry)

puddnhead 04-18-2013 10:36 AM

Panasonic DMC-G5KK MFT (micro 4/3) camera w/ 14-42mm kit zoom *plus* 45-150mm zoom $405, amazon! Hurry!!!

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE: Dead (I told you to hurry!). Also, 45-150 zoom is now backordered 1-2 months, and the other half (kit) is OOS, with no estimate of availability.

Check both boxes & click add to cart. Don't pay attention if the price on the camera still says $499.99. It will be correct in cart

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature....1001165971

Go! Go! GO!
-- this will not last long!

iconian 04-18-2013 10:36 AM

Panasonic DMC-G5KK (Micro 4/3) 16MP Compact Digital Camera w/ 14-42mm Lens + 45-150mm Lens $405 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has Panasonic DMC-G5KK 16MP Compact Digital Camera w/ 14-42mm Lens + 45-150mm Lens on sale for $404.99. Shipping is free. Must add both items to cart for discount. Thanks puddnhead

Hands-on review courtesy of Engadget

Note, second lens in current out of stock, so order it now and it'll ship separately once it's back in stock.

wikipost 04-18-2013 10:36 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Also available with one lens (lowest price):

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5KK 16MP Compact Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera w/ 3" LCD & Full HD 1080p Video + 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens for $359.99 + Free Shipping

Deal DEAD. Price increased to $544.99 for the bundle

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

htwxq 04-18-2013 10:50 AM

HOT! grab them before they go to the front page!

abhiram66 04-18-2013 10:55 AM

I've been following this camera price for 1 week..finally pulled the trigger !!!

Mattsgarage 04-18-2013 10:57 AM

This was $30 cheaper earlier this morning but still an awesome deal.

bluetrep 04-18-2013 11:00 AM

Tax kill it

abhiram66 04-18-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattsgarage (Post 58936984)

The $30 (only for night owls) cheaper deal lasted for a very less duration..and the lens went out of stock !!

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattsgarage (Post 58936984)

VERY briefly, VERY early this morning, and actually it was $33 cheaper. We've been discussing it on another blog ...

Actually I, through incredibly dumb luck, got it for $359.99 by buying last Friday & getting an adjustment. Nothing anyone can repeat now. Got the camera Tuesday & am loving it! The 45-150 lens is definitely a step above the 14-42 kit zoom.

p.s. who is the loser who said this is not a good price? This exact same package was $598 (w/ $100 GC) at adorama last Friday, and that made front page! WOW, tough crowd! :shake:

Mattsgarage 04-18-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram66 (Post 58937096)
The $30 (only for night owls) cheaper deal lasted for a very less duration..and the lens went out of stock !!

Well, it was an east coast waking for work for me, but yeah, it didn't last long.

Binar 04-18-2013 11:04 AM

Pass.. This is not a Canon

pomokey 04-18-2013 11:04 AM

Got it!! I was so upset I had missed it before. Incredible deal! I've been researching this camera for a week, and was about to buy it anyway.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58937152)

Well, thank god for little things!

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Thanks! I almost bought this thinking it was a new canon model named Panasonic.

rylarson 04-18-2013 11:07 AM

Awesome! I got one. This is a sweet deal. Basically free lens. Thanks OP!

HenryWinkler187 04-18-2013 11:08 AM

Is it DSLR?

and how does it compare to the Nikon D5100?

Binar 04-18-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuncheonMeat (Post 58937190)
Thanks! I almost bought this thinking it was a new canon model named Panasonic.

Ppl who can't afford a BMW buy a Kia and try to save face by being sarcastic.... Panasonic is a good brand but not good enough in this market segment ...cameras. Canon is better and while you pay more to have one you do get a better product.

pomokey 04-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenryWinkler187 (Post 58937254)
Is it DSLR?

and how does it compare to the Nikon D5100?

It's a micro 4/3, a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Not a dslr, but similar. not sure how it stacks up to the Nikon though.

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58937282)
Ppl who can't afford a BMW buy a Kia and try to save face by being sarcastic.... Panasonic is a good brand but not good enough in this market segment ...cameras. Canon is better and while you pay more to have one you do get a better product.

Well yeah. I will always buy what a mental giant like you suggests because what other people think of what I drive or what camera I own is the single most important thing to me.

jwong 04-18-2013 11:11 AM

Actually, Canon's product in this market segment (mirrorless) is a complete and utter failure.

HenryWinkler187 04-18-2013 11:13 AM

So the Nikon D5100 is a DSLR and this one is not? The Nikon D5100 coulda been had yesterday with a lens for $429 out the door no tax shipped as a refurb and is commonly like $500 brand new, probably be even less on certain days with certain deals.

Nate650 04-18-2013 11:13 AM

CNET Asia review [cnet.com]

CNET UK review [cnet.co.uk]

Binar 04-18-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwong (Post 58937344)
Actually, Canon's product in this market segment (mirrorless) is a complete and utter failure.

You have no idea what you are talking about

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuncheonMeat (Post 58937322)
Well yeah. I will always buy what a mental giant like you suggests because what other people think of what I drive or what camera I own is the single most important thing to me.

Not everyone is a leader. Stay with the pack and you won't get lost.

MindPhaze 04-18-2013 11:15 AM

Great deal. Got amazon to price match the lower price. I actually bought it for $540 when the lens came back in stock a couple hours ago thinking they would drop the price again so I didn't want to miss out twice.

Binar 04-18-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate650 (Post 58937394)

The bad Overly-sensitive proximity sensor; 4-way navigation buttons hard to make out in dim light.
Exactly my point... a smart phone takes better pics.... Research Nikon or canon before buying it.

flatlight 04-18-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

What's the difference between this and a Canon?

sphericaline 04-18-2013 11:19 AM

In for one. Thanks OP!

Mattsgarage 04-18-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatlight (Post 58937500)

Since you didn't reference which Canon model... brand at the moment.

Benybrady 04-18-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatlight (Post 58937500)

Unless you are really into photos then for the 99% the panasonic is more than fine. ... If you are into modifying on photoshop, lightroom then the canon or nikon or other DSLR's are the way to go.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

lol, what m4/3 discussion thread in a general forum would be complete without a Canikon snob showing up to (unconsciously) flaunt his insecurities?

Speaking of cars ... If this was 35-40 years ago, I'm sure you'd be the same person telling me that front wheel drive and automatic on cars are crap, or 15 years ago how Lexus and Infinity is only for people who can't afford a BMW. lol.

hwyking 04-18-2013 11:29 AM

lol dang you SD! In for 1 to replace my 6 year old D40.

calnastic 04-18-2013 11:31 AM

How is this compared to sony nex 5?

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58937400)
You have no idea what you are talking about

Not everyone is a leader. Stay with the pack and you won't get lost.

Good point. I want to be a leader like you by buying only brands that lots of other people buy so that they can be just like other people. I will go out today and lease a new BMW (because buying a used car won't allow me to be like you and all of the other Massengill product users).

Is the 3 series still the gold standard for your crowd or do I need to be leasing another model?

Also I have an Olympus camera that I need to get rid of so what Canon do I need to replace it with?

Please guide me wise one, my path to Massengill freshness is in your hands.

b534202 04-18-2013 11:31 AM

Lens is backordered.

caveman017 04-18-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58937494)
The bad Overly-sensitive proximity sensor; 4-way navigation buttons hard to make out in dim light.
Exactly my point... a smart phone takes better pics.... Research Nikon or canon before buying it.

You trust CNET reviews?

Try real photography websites...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/P...ic-g5A.HTM

This is lightyears ahead of every cell phone camera on the market.

I have a Panasonic G3 along with a Canon 7D + a whole bunch of $500-$1000 lenses. I often find myself taking my Panasonic due to the size for anything that I'm not getting paid for.

Binar 04-18-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58937778)
lol, what m4/3 discussion thread in a general forum would be complete without a Canikon snob showing up to (unconsciously) flaunt his insecurities?

Speaking of cars ... If this was 35-40 years ago, I'm sure you'd be the same person telling me that front wheel drive and automatic on cars are crap, or 15 years ago how Lexus and Infinity is only for people who can't afford a BMW. lol.

all you are trying to do by replying is pushing your thread to the top ...hoping for some reps and TU. Calling names won't give your so called "deal" more validity.And 20-15 years ago Lexus and infinity were crap but they came a long way...Same can happen with Panasonic. In 20 years they can compete with the big guys but not today.You can buy now and in 20 years start bragging that you own a top of the line camera tho . I guess you are delusional enough to do it.

CptObvious 04-18-2013 11:33 AM

Very tempting price with a lot of attractive features for the price. Unfortunately, the sensor is a step back from the last several cameras I've owned (NEX-6 and E-PL5) and I have a feeling I would just sell this a few months from now.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58937494)

OK, with that statement (in red), you have just invalidated your authority to say anything more. I was prepared to debate you on the (very) fine distinctions between m4/3vs. Canikon. But this comment shows you are just a brand-snob, blowhard who doesn't even know what he is talking about, he just knows brands. 25 years ago, you would have been the snob I once encountered who ridiculed my Ricoh/Pentax K-mount SLR kit.

Imaging Resource in 2012 named the G5 the runner up to the Nikon D3200 as the "Entry-Level Interchangeable Lens Camera of the Year" [imaging-resource.com], saying "The Lumix G5 feels better thought out than many entry-level DSLRs ... perfect for serious photographers and videographers alike." But what do the editors of one of the most respected camera testing labs of the last 20 years know? We at SD have "Binar the Beamer Boy" to inform us that it's a ll a vast conspiracy, this camera takes worse pictures than an iPhone!!

I'm sorry, but you just totally opened yourself up to mockery with that post, I couldn't resist.

abhiram66 04-18-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58937112)
VERY briefly, VERY early this morning, and actually it was $33 cheaper. We've been discussing it on another blog ...

Actually I, through incredibly dumb luck, got it for $369.99 by buying last Friday & getting an adjustment. Nothing anyone can repeat now. Got the camera Tuesday & am loving it! The 45-150 lens is definitely a step above the 14-42 kit zoom.

p.s. who is the loser who said this is not a good price? This exact same package was $598 (w/ $100 GC) at adorama last Friday, and that made front page! WOW, tough crowd! :shake:

good for you ..u got it for the best price and even ahead of us :) I had to shell out $35 extra for AZ tax. still a good deal though.

Binar 04-18-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuncheonMeat (Post 58937870)
Good point. I want to be a leader like you by buying only brands that lots of other people buy so that they can be just like other people. I will go out today and lease a new BMW (because buying a used car won't allow me to be like you and all of the other Massengill product users).

Is the 3 series still the gold standard for your crowd or do I need to be leasing another model?

Also I have an Olympus camera that I need to get rid of so what Canon do I need to replace it with?

Please guide me wise one, my path to Massengill freshness is in your hands.

typical freudian case: trying to manipulate, distort and deny realiy...

In Freudian psychoanalytic theory, defense mechanisms (or defense mechanisms) are psychological strategies brought into play by the unconscious mind to manipulate, deny, or distort reality (through processes including, but not limited to, repression, identification, or rationalization), and to maintain a socially acceptable self-image or self-schema.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms

Educate yourself first and look for a good local shrink ... this can turn into substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, criminal behaviour. You need help

jnthornh 04-18-2013 11:37 AM

Wow, killer. If I didn't have the E-M5 already I'd be all over this.

Aegon 04-18-2013 11:42 AM

I'm in for one, and very happy for the link.

You'd be crazy to think this isn't a great deal, and even more crazy to suggest that a camera phone can compete. And you'd be crazy to take the advice of someone who thinks that a camera phone is comparable.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calnastic (Post 58937868)

I'm not sure, but I think some would say the nex5 has some advantage over this, particularly with image sensor. Others would say it's splitting hairs, and others would say this has other advantages over Sony (particularly ergonomics).

The thing with this (vs nex) is you are on the mft platform, vs the proprietary sony one, and ... while it's a guess, I'm betting MFT is the emerging mirrorless standard platform, and with sony you will be stuck forever proprietary. You have to think long term, you will probably change bodies of the years, but lenses are an investment you want to build on.

caveman017 04-18-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58938196)
I'm not sure, but I think some would say the nex5 has some advantage over this, particularly with image sensor. Others would say it's splitting hairs, and others would say this has other advantages over Sony (particularly ergonomics).

The thing with this (vs nex) is you are on the mft platform, vs the proprietary sony one, and ... while it's a guess, I'm betting MFT is the emerging mirrorless standard platform, and with sony you will be stuck forever proprietary. You have to think long term, you will probably change bodies of the years, but lenses are an investment you want to build on.

Not to mention I prefer composing using a viewfinder over a normal LCD for most situations.

angryPapaBear 04-18-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58938046)

In Freudian psychoanalytic theory, defense mechanisms (or defense mechanisms) are psychological strategies brought into play by the unconscious mind to manipulate, deny, or distort reality (through processes including, but not limited to, repression, identification, or rationalization), and to maintain a socially acceptable self-image or self-schema.

Educate yourself first and look for a good local shrink ... this can turn into substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, criminal behaviour. You need help

free psychological advice coming to you from the Dr....Binar

This is a screaming deal, I was salivating looking at m4/3 for some time now.
Thanks and repped!

laidbacklarkin 04-18-2013 11:49 AM

Fantastic camera and a fantastic deal for what you are getting. Ignore the naysayers and the ones that claim infinite wisdom of the Canon world without even considering for a minute as to the fact that apples and oranges are being compared. For a completely portable package with long lens reach (2x crop factor), this is a great deal. The IQ can of course NEVER match a fuller sized sensor but again, apples to apples. For the person that wants a more than acceptable product that can be lugged along easily with a PQ supremely better than P&S cams or long zoom bridge cams with smaller sensors, this is your ticket.

Don't let fanboism influence your decision making - this is an awesome deal !!

Comparing this to a camera phone is not just stupid, its a statement should not even be dignified with a remark. Please ignore it completely.

galaw10 04-18-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58937112)

Actually I, through incredibly dumb luck, got it for $369.99 by buying last Friday & getting an adjustment. Nothing anyone can repeat now. Got the camera Tuesday & am loving it! The 45-150 lens is definitely a step above the 14-42 kit zoom.

Did exactly the same thing this morning (price adjustment for order from last Friday). Thanks to SD and Deal Alerts for continuing to update me.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnthornh (Post 58938064)
Wow, killer. If I didn't have the E-M5 already I'd be all over this.

Yeah, this is probably a (small) step down from the E-M5, agreed. You'd have to want the 45-150 lens & be willing the flip the kit on fleabay to make it worthwhile - you could probably get a great deal on the lens that way.

drivingon9 04-18-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

So do you see "SALE" signs at Kia dealerships, go out of your way to stop in there just to get out and tell the dealers "pffftt.. I'll pass because these aren't BMWs" ??? Then stand there and make fun of the people that can only afford Kias, schooling them on why BMW is more expensive/better?

i.e. Could you be any more of snobby a$$?

MindGrapes 04-18-2013 11:56 AM

I pulled the trigger, thanks! Now, hitting the craigslist barter boards trying to unload the combo of this camera and my Infiniti G35X for something more prestigious.

jplee3 04-18-2013 11:58 AM

Ugh, I'm seriously considering switching over to MFT from my Nikon D200 but am looking for the right buy. This seems pretty good, but I had my eyes on the Olympus EM5 setup. Not sure what I should do. After tax, this comes out to about $437~

paranoia 04-18-2013 11:59 AM

ack
OOS on camera
lens ships in 1 to 2 months

cheema 04-18-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calnastic (Post 58937868)

NEX has a much larger sensor. This is very difficult to overlook. The larger sensor means your camera sees more light. And that translates to better pictures in almost all circumstances. Specially under low light.

Larger sensors also help if you are trying to achieve shallow depth of field.

I currently own a Panasonic m4/3 (GF3), Sony NEX-3N, Nikon D800 and a few others.

jplee3 04-18-2013 12:01 PM

Just pulled the trigger. Didn't want to risk missing out on something big. Still not sure what I'll end up doing though. I wanted a 'pocketable' camera like the Oly EM5. Doesn't seem like this one is very pocketable at least in terms of being most discrete.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplee3 (Post 58938736)
Just pulled the trigger. Didn't want to risk missing out on something big. Still not sure what I'll end up doing though. I wanted a 'pocketable' camera like the Oly EM5. Doesn't seem like this one is very pocketable at least in terms of being most discrete.

No, I would not call this pocketable, at all. You are probably better off looking at GX1 or GF5/GF6 in Lumix line for that.

chong67 04-18-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

I sold my T3i last month and make a $230 profit from their combo (2 lens) with that free printer thing last year.

Never again on any SLR. It is just too big to lug even though it take great pictures compare to a PS camera.

HailRedskins 04-18-2013 12:09 PM

Looks OOS

fava 04-18-2013 12:09 PM

did anyone try the silver lens? they are $50 cheaper, but won't take the discount.

zapatista 04-18-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Panasonic's main competition from Canon is the EOS M. They're both mirrorless and one of them auto focuses in less time than snow melting in the arctic. Guess which one genius.

playfulcoyote 04-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

People in marketing are well aware that there is a segment of the population that believes pricing is a measure of the quality of a product. If you highly inflate the price of something they will believe whole heartedly that they are buying a vastly superior product and the very best. It really doesn't matter if that product is actually better or not, it's all about perception and belief. ( Like Canon's tag line "Image is everything", substance doesn't really matter as much) As they say, "There is a sucker born every minute" You don't believe me? Well just check out the guy on the freeway driving the BMW with his Rolex watch and designer clothes talking on his iphone with an ipad and Canon camera sitting on the seat next to him. ;)

jplee3 04-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58938462)
Yeah, this is probably a (small) step down from the E-M5, agreed. You'd have to want the 45-150 lens & be willing the flip the kit on fleabay to make it worthwhile - you could probably get a great deal on the lens that way.

Sweet. I think I've heard great things about the 45-150 lens anyway. Hopefully the prices on the EM5 will drop throughout the year too.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindGrapes (Post 58938616)
I pulled the trigger, thanks! Now, hitting the craigslist barter boards trying to unload the combo of this camera and my Infiniti G35X for something more prestigious.

lol, just had to rep you for that one! :P

jplee3 04-18-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58938878)
No, I would not call this pocketable, at all. You are probably better off looking at GX1 or GF5/GF6 in Lumix line for that.

Yea, I saw those as well. The GF6 is the new one they released, right? Probably might be a bit pricey. The GX1 and GF5 looks nice so we'll see with that... otherwise, the EM5 is still a front-runner.

lchen5 04-18-2013 12:20 PM

Good deal, but sales tax is too high for me in CA.

Hopefully, B&H or Adorama or buydig will follow to have the same price.

Regulus 04-18-2013 12:20 PM

Boo to Amazon for raising the price today.

cyclecrazy 04-18-2013 12:26 PM

wtf , a dude spewing nonsense about freud in a thread about a camera deal, I have seen it all now.

jwong 04-18-2013 12:27 PM

The Nex does have a bigger/better sensor, but fails in the lens department for me. If you're just sticking with the kit lens on either, I would go with the Nex. But Olympus and Panasonic have a nice assortment of fast primes. The Nex has few, and they are big. Also compare the size of the 45-150mm included with this deal with the (slower) Sony 55-210...

http://j.mp/102tSrC

Look at that picture and it will give you a good idea of the ergonomics involved as well.

diuk 04-18-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplee3 (Post 58939198)
Yea, I saw those as well. The GF6 is the new one they released, right? Probably might be a bit pricey. The GX1 and GF5 looks nice so we'll see with that... otherwise, the EM5 is still a front-runner.

I have the EM-5 and I would only call it pocketable if you take the lens off, or if you wear parachute pants.

Cheers,

jwong 04-18-2013 12:34 PM

Agreed. E-PM2 with a pancake prime might be pocketable. The EM-5, no... But it is a sweet camera!

puddnhead 04-18-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lchen5 (Post 58939254)
Good deal, but sales tax is too high for me in CA.

Hopefully, B&H or Adorama or buydig will follow to have the same price.

Amazon has been running the $200 discount since last Thursday (just the component prices were higher before today), and neither have matched that yet. With only 9 days (at most) before promotion ends at amazon, I would say odds are low.

There is a good chance that there will be equal or better deals (vs. $360) on the base kit soon though, after the G6 is announced in the next two weeks, if that's all you want. But the 45-150 is a nice lens, getting it for $45 is at least a big part of the deal as the kit for $360, IMO.

jugernot 04-18-2013 12:34 PM

Sweet deal!

angryPapaBear 04-18-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheema (Post 58938696)
NEX has a much larger sensor. This is very difficult to overlook. The larger sensor means your camera sees more light. And that translates to better pictures in almost all circumstances. Specially under low light.

I currently own a Panasonic m4/3 (GF3), Sony NEX-3N, Nikon D800 and a few others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwong (Post 58939458)
The Nex does have a bigger/better sensor, but fails in the lens department for me. If you're just sticking with the kit lens on either, I would go with the Nex. But Olympus and Panasonic have a nice assortment of fast primes. The Nex has few, and they are big. Also compare the size of the 45-150mm included with this deal with the (slower) Sony 55-210...

http://j.mp/102tSrC

Look at that picture and it will give you a good idea of the ergonomics involved as well.

That is exactly it IMHO.
You are paying for the larger sensor with larger, heavier and more expensive lenses (esp. telephoto ones).

MindPhaze 04-18-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fava (Post 58938944)
did anyone try the silver lens? they are $50 cheaper, but won't take the discount.

I tried to get Amazon to accept the silver lens as a replacement for the promotion this morning when the black lens went out of stock the first time but the rep wouldn't allow it. Maybe another rep would though...

armedmetallica 04-18-2013 01:01 PM

both OOS now

FunGuy 04-18-2013 01:03 PM

where does this rank with T4i? I am beginner and coming from point and shoot.

playfulcoyote 04-18-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

I wish I could afford a BMW, instead I ended up having to buy a used Ford Taurus for $4,000. I drove that eyesore for 10 years and put an additional 200,000 miles on it. I just recently upgraded to a used Toyota Camry XLE with 180,000 miles on it which I bought for $500, it's not as pretty as a brand new BMW but it does run pretty sweet. Because of these purchases however, I was able to buy a little condo a hundred yards from the surf in Huntington Beach, CA. and you know what, it has a brand new black BMW parked in the carport! Unfortunately it is not mine, it belongs to my tenant who is paying me $1400 a month for a 480 sq.ft. studio by the beach. It's funny, when I was down there a couple of weeks ago installing a new dishwasher I noticed he had an ipad and a Canon camera sitting on the kitchen counter, the guy definitely can afford the good things. Since that little Condo is generating a positive cash flow of $10,000 a year, maybe I too can afford such "quality" products someday, Nah! I'm not that stupid and besides I have a decent sized penis so I have no need for a BMW.

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 58938046)

You are the one worried about maintaining a socially acceptable self-image, not me.

If anyone is wondering why Binar likes to crap on good deals go take a look at the 'deals' he has posted for a good laugh.

armedmetallica 04-18-2013 01:28 PM

why does the lens image look different between panasonic's site and amazon?

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-G5KK

bikehigh 04-18-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playfulcoyote (Post 58940820)
I wish I could afford a BMW, instead I ended up having to buy a used Ford Taurus for $4,000. I drove that eyesore for 10 years and put an additional 200,000 miles on it. I just recently upgraded to a used Toyota Camry XLE with 180,000 miles on it which I bought for $500, it's not as pretty as a brand new BMW but it does run pretty sweet. Because of these purchases however, I was able to buy a little condo a hundred yards from the surf in Huntington Beach, CA. and you know what, it has a brand new black BMW parked in the carport! Unfortunately it is not mine, it belongs to my tenant who is paying me $1400 a month for a 480 sq.ft. studio by the beach. It's funny, when I was down there a couple of weeks ago installing a new dishwasher I noticed he had an ipad and a Canon camera sitting on the kitchen counter, the guy definitely can afford the good things. Since that little Condo is generating a positive cash flow of $10,000 a year, maybe I too can afford such "quality" products someday, Nah! I'm not that stupid and besides I have a decent sized penis so I have no need for a BMW.

BMW usually equates to youth & rash drivers.

eugenile 04-18-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ouch. that instantly killed binar.. game over..

MentatYP 04-18-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheema (Post 58938696)

In practice the difference between the best m4/3 sensor and the best APS-C sensor is less than 1 stop, both in DOF and noise. That's not much at all. If you really care about noise and shallow DOF then go FF. To me the NEX system has too little to offer compared to DSLRs to bother, while m4/3 is a better balance of size vs. image quality. You do lose a bit of image quality but you gain a whole lot in size and weight savings. YMMV of course.

spextar 04-18-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentatYP (Post 58941254)
In practice the difference between the best m4/3 sensor and the best APS-C sensor is less than 1 stop, both in DOF and noise. That's not much at all. If you really care about noise and shallow DOF then go FF. To me the NEX system has too little to offer compared to DSLRs to bother, while m4/3 is a better balance of size vs. image quality. You do lose a bit of image quality but you gain a whole lot in size and weight savings. YMMV of course.

I have NEX-6 and to be honest, if I could do it over, I'd buy this G5. My setup is 2x the cost of this deal and I don't think it yields significantly better pics than the G5. However, I do like the wi-fi and higher resolution EVF.

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spextar (Post 58941388)
I have NEX-6 and to be honest, if I could do it over, I'd buy this G5. My setup is 2x the cost of this deal and I don't think it yields significantly better pics than the G5. However, I do like the wi-fi and higher resolution EVF.

Nice to see someone bringing up prices finally on comparisons finally.

I find it amazing that on a deals site how people spend lots of time debating between the merits of competing items and usually fail to mention the prices involved.

cz9h3d 04-18-2013 01:58 PM

I moved up from a GF3 to a G3, and amazed myself in regards to how much I like/need a viewfinder (EVF).

This is a great deal for those who have knowledge of the interchangeable lens market and the price/trade-offs of your options. It's an okay deal for a point-and-shoot person who thinks they want to move up. It's a dumb deal for someone who is attracted only by the price. You'll have a big camera/lens that you'll never want to take with you, and capabilities you'll never exploit.

I ignore most of the BS in a thread like this - if I wanted to subject myself to that nonsense I'd hit the micro 4/3 forum at Dpreview. I highly recommend the nicer folks at mu-43.com

pitero 04-18-2013 02:32 PM

looks like its over ;(

pitero 04-18-2013 02:34 PM

its now $545

Binar 04-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuncheonMeat (Post 58941040)
You are the one worried about maintaining a socially acceptable self-image, not me.

If anyone is wondering why Binar likes to crap on good deals go take a look at the 'deals' he has posted for a good laugh.

Stalker....you want me to link you my FB account as well? Creepy ppl like you have a perverse pleasure in checking on others. Sicko stay away from me

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenile (Post 58941226)
ouch. that instantly killed binar.. game over..

Poor Binar...

He decided to post his moronic threadcrapping, all he is really capable of posting, on a thread that went to the front page and now thousands of people know what tool he is.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

OK, clearly no need for me to say more on the subject of binar, the gauntlet has been passed -- and ably carried to the finish line, & well beyond!

I posted this deal to share a good opportunity. Little did I know it would pay me back in such entertainment!

puddnhead 04-18-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuncheonMeat (Post 58941454)

I find it amazing that on a deals site how people spend lots of time debating between the merits of competing items and usually fail to mention the prices involved.

With all due respect, you should not be choosing between the G5 and NEX5/6 based upon price at all. You should first choose the system you want, MFT or Sony's, then look at the options (body and lenses) & prices within each only AFTER you already decided on the platform. Meaning you should NEVER be in a mindset where price right now determines if you get NEX5 over G6. You are making a semi-permanent choice when you pick the platform, whereas the body you first get is only temporary, you will almost certainly get a new one (or two or 5) eventually. To choose your long term platform based upon the short term advantage of price/capabilities of the first camera you acquire in it is, IMO, short sighted and foolish. Kind of like it was a few years back, when you bought a hi res disc player, you had to first decide if you wanted blu ray or HD-DVD, and once you made that decision, why should the greatest deal on earth in the other format attract you? Because you have decided you want to build your collection in discs of the other type, and switching to the other style of player means you'd have to sell your disc collection & start a whole new one. Same with lenses. I will give binar that much credit, he was focusing on the frst thing anyone buying should focus on, is this a format you can be happy living with?

This is why I said nothing about price in my post comparing the two. Because I have no idea about it, I ruled out NEX very early on, I decided on MFT, and the only prices I have paid attention to are Panasonic, Olympus, BlackMagic, etc.

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58944834)
With all due respect, you should not be choosing between the G5 and NEX5/6 based upon price at all. You should first choose the system you want, MFT or Sony's, then look at the options (body and lenses) & prices within each only AFTER you already decided on the platform. Meaning you should NEVER be in a mindset where price right now determines if you get NEX5 over G6. You are making a semi-permanent choice when you pick the platform, whereas the body you first get is only temporary, you will almost certainly get a new one (or two or 5) eventually. To choose your long term platform based upon the short term advantage of price/capabilities of the first camera you acquire in it is, IMO, short sighted and foolish. Kind of like it was a few years back, when you bought a hi res disc player, you had to first decide if you wanted blu ray or HD-DVD, and once you made that decision, why should the greatest deal on earth in the other format attract you? Because you have decided you want to build your collection in discs of the other type, and switching to the other style of player means you'd have to sell your disc collection & start a whole new one. Same with lenses. I will give binar that much credit, he was focusing on the frst thing anyone buying should focus on, is this a format you can be happy living with?

This is why I said nothing about price in my post comparing the two. Because I have no idea about it, I ruled out NEX very early on, I decided on MFT, and the only prices I have paid attention to are Panasonic, Olympus, BlackMagic, etc.

You really need to read my posts a bit more carefully. The only thing I was talking about was people talking about a supposedly better product (any product, not just cameras) and failing to mention the price.

This is a deals site. Price matters. Period.

cheema 04-18-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentatYP (Post 58941254)

m4/3 does not have much of a size advantage. My Panasonic GF3 is the same same size as my NEX-3N. The lenses may be slightly bigger on NEX because of the bigger sensor.

I bought my NEX-3N for about $450 (slickdeal from Sony shop). In my eyes, if NEX wins on picture quality and is about the same on size and price, then what is the point of buying m4/3? More lenses perhaps? I have been pretty happy with the lenses I have for my NEX. Keep in mind that some of us already have a full frame DSLR (Nikon D800 in my case) and the various lenses for that system. We buy into a small camera system for convenience. And for that it is difficult to beat the NEX system.

MentatYP 04-18-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheema (Post 58945338)
m4/3 does not have much of a size advantage. My Panasonic GF3 is the same same size as my NEX-3N. The lenses may be slightly bigger on NEX because of the bigger sensor.

Bodies are about the same size, correct. Lenses aren't. If you're a 1 lens guy then sure NEX is fine even with a bigger lens. But if you're building a full system with multiple lenses m4/3 will be much smaller and lighter overall.

Quote:

I bought my NEX-3N for about $450 (slickdeal from Sony shop). In my eyes, if NEX wins on picture quality and is about the same on size and price, then what is the point of buying m4/3? More lenses perhaps? I have been pretty happy with the lenses I have for my NEX. Keep in mind that some of us already have a full frame DSLR (Nikon D800 in my case) and the various lenses for that system. We buy into a small camera system for convenience. And for that it is difficult to beat the NEX system.
Much better lens selection for m4/3. You're happy with yours because it's a supplement to your Nikon DSLR and lenses as a main system. Those of us who have looked at NEX as a potential smaller and lighter full system (I did and still do think about buying into NEX from time to time) look at the NEX lens lineup and see a lot of holes.

AF is also faster on m4/3, basically instantaneous in anything but really low light. Neither system is good at tracking AF, but m4/3 single AF feels equal in speed to the fastest DSLRs (point of reference: I'm also a Canon shooter with a 5D Mark III, and the Olympus E-M5 is right there with it).

In-body image stabilization deserves a mention too on the Olympus side. For stationary subjects I can shoot with all my lenses at 2-3 stops lower ISO than otherwise because I can handhold that much easier than a camera without in-body IS.

Like I said, YMMV. Those are just the reasons why I'm happy with my m4/3 setup. If you're happy to carry around a FF DSLR and a bunch of lenses most of the time you're not going to be inclined to spend thousands more on a complete mirrorless system. NEX-6 + collapsible 16-50mm lens for instance is a ridiculously good package especially for the now-lower price. But if you're sick of the weight of a bag with a DSLR and multiple lenses, a full m4/3 system will offer bigger size and weight savings than an NEX system would over an equivalent DSLR system, not to mention that said full NEX system would be impossible to build at the moment with the holes in the lens lineup.

Nothing wrong with either choice. Just a matter of what you're looking for. I might end up in the NEX camp one day. Or I might end up with a Fuji X100s. Or a Sony RX1. Or a Fuji X-E1. It's a really exciting time to be a photo nerd.

puddnhead 04-18-2013 06:41 PM

nm, not worth it.

LuncheonMeat 04-18-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puddnhead (Post 58947446)
No "perhaps" involved. I can dream that someday I will own lenses like this [amazon.com], or this [amazon.com]. Not aware that there is anything of equivalent appeal available (or even planned) for NEX.
Well, OK. But I don't follow your argument though, pick a side. You start out by saying you chose it for the slight sensor quality edge. Which I concede exists. But then in your next breath you say you don't care about inferior selection of quality lenses because you own another system that you expect quality from, and your primary requirement of this is not quality, but convenience. ?

The post was in repsonse to a request to compare NEX5 to G5. You replied you don't understand why I & others who answered that question before the poster you replied to did not talk about price difference. I directly answered your question about why I didn't talk about price.

And please spare me the lecture how I can't read. Is the form now that I should now lecture you about how you don't do something as well as me? Sorry, you can play that game solitaire, if you insist playing.

Here is the exactly what I wrote

It seems VERY clear to me that I was saying that it is a good thing to mention the price of an item that you are comparing and was in now way directed at you and you were not even quoted in the post that you felt the need to respond to. It was a general statement directed at people who talk a big game but when it comes down to prices they almost always fail to mention them.

trojanvirus 04-18-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingon9 (Post 58938468)
Quote:

So do you see "SALE" signs at Kia dealerships, go out of your way to stop in there just to get out and tell the dealers "pffftt.. I'll pass because these aren't BMWs" ??? Then stand there and make fun of the people that can only afford Kias, schooling them on why BMW is more expensive/better?

i.e. Could you be any more of snobby a$$?

You could not have put it better. Internet made people think that since they shielded, they can finally go out and be an asshole to others. These are the kind of people who are really insecure

trojanvirus 04-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playfulcoyote (Post 58939130)
Quote:

People in marketing are well aware that there is a segment of the population that believes pricing is a measure of the quality of a product. If you highly inflate the price of something they will believe whole heartedly that they are buying a vastly superior product and the very best. It really doesn't matter if that product is actually better or not, it's all about perception and belief. ( Like Canon's tag line "Image is everything", substance doesn't really matter as much) As they say, "There is a sucker born every minute" You don't believe me? Well just check out the guy on the freeway driving the BMW with his Rolex watch and designer clothes talking on his iphone with an ipad and Canon camera sitting on the seat next to him. ;)

I am not supporting him but you are completely wrong. Obviously never been to a business school

WIckedNews 04-18-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheema (Post 58945338)
Quote from MentatYP :In practice the difference between the best m4/3 sensor and the best APS-C sensor is less than 1 stop, both in DOF and noise. That's not much at all. If you really care about noise and shallow DOF then go FF. To me the NEX system has too little to offer compared to DSLRs to bother, while m4/3 is a better balance of size vs. image quality. You do lose a bit of image quality but you gain a whole lot in size and weight savings. YMMV of course.

If that is the case then you should get the fujitsu x100.

skysoul 04-18-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 58948536)
I am not supporting him but you are completely wrong. Obviously never been to a business school

There actually is something to this argument. We all have the expectation that price is roughly related to expected utility. For instance, if you are going to buy a camera bag for your new camera kit that cost several hundred (Thousand?) dollars, you are much more likely to buy something like a Lowepro, if not a Think Tank, rather than a dollar store insulated lunchbox. You would make this decision partly out of pride (how much is pride worth, as a dollar value) and partly out of the questionable nature of the thread used in the stitches holding the lunchbox together.

The point is, we all have anchors for what we think a "normal," a "cheap," and a "quality" product should cost, and if your product is high quality at a normal price, you may actually sell less units and make significantly less money than if you raise your prices to better fit the established price anchors in the market.

sasha2000 04-19-2013 07:40 AM

Killer deal Thank You

That my thinking about BMW Vs Kia discussion
I had both Nex 5N and G5
Agree that Nex series have small advantage starting from 3200 ISO (I try not shot more that 6400 ISO anyway )
Same time G5 have much better control then Nex3 / Nex5N &R
Note that only Nex-6 have similar to G5 control and viewfinder but for 2 times more money Sony Nex-6 w/ 18-55 and 55-210 lenses will be $900-$1000

The Canon EOS Rebel T4i very good but much larger and will cost $800 for similar 2 lens package
Ideally I should change body every year and with this deal we got G5 body for around =$150 compare to Nex6=550 and T4i-450 so do you math :)

PS: I did not drive BMW but lease G37 infinity now and thinking Acura MDX next

playfulcoyote 04-19-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 58948536)

Are you trying to tell me that marketing is not concerned about the perception and belief about a brand name and that the pricing of the various products under a brand does not influence this perception? You might want to ask some of your business professors about that. I never attend a business school but I have had my fair share of business classes over the years, but this is not something I needed to be taught, I thought it would be pretty obvious if you've ever bought or sold anything in your life time.

hwyking 04-23-2013 10:40 AM

I got in on this deal early but the lens never shipped. I received the camera already for $222.

----------------------------

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #111xxxx. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Panasonic DMC-G5KK 16 MP Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LCD

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

HailRedskins 04-23-2013 10:42 AM

Just got this email from Amazon after successfully ordering. Anyone else?

Quote:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Panasonic DMC-G5KK 16 MP Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LCD

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for this disappointing news.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

fava 04-23-2013 10:46 AM

same here. order has been shipped, and is to be delivered today.

hwyking 04-23-2013 10:47 AM

lol so since I already received the camera they can't cancel it I guess.

armedmetallica 04-23-2013 10:48 AM

Got a cancellation email

darkzx 04-23-2013 10:48 AM

Same here. I received the camera, but they cancelled the backordered lens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwyking (Post 59028044)
I got in on this deal early but the lens never shipped. I received the camera already for $222.

----------------------------

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #111xxxx. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

HailRedskins 04-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fava (Post 59028166)
same here. order has been shipped, and is to be delivered today.

The Camera with the kit lens was delivered. But the extra lens looks like they cancelled and removed from my order.

My Invoice for the order now looks like this:

Quote:

Item(s) Subtotal: $359.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$119.00
-----
Total before tax: $240.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
-----
Total for This Shipment: $240.99
Still a good deal but a little pissed about the lens. :(

jplee3 04-23-2013 10:54 AM

nice... I got the cancellation email as well. Oh well, I was probably gonna end up cancelling it anyway.

jasonlbragg 04-23-2013 11:02 AM

They cancelled my entire order without the notification. When I contacted them, they offered me a $10 credit. Really Amazon?

haywood68 04-23-2013 11:16 AM

The adjusted price for the lens was $164.

People are flipping them for not much more than that.

MindPhaze 04-23-2013 11:25 AM

I got the cancellation email but I already received the camera and the lens :|

sasha2000 04-23-2013 12:49 PM

2 orders cancelled and not even show up on amazon anymore but 2 other Delivered :)

angryPapaBear 04-23-2013 05:37 PM

cancellation email for a single camera order.
No use talking to CSR and one level up.
I declare a personal moratorium from buying stuff on amazon

Edit: Posted a negative review on Amazon; I suggest everyone else should do as well
Edit: amazon deleted my review!

puddnhead 04-23-2013 07:57 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about these cancellations. But -- getting the camera kit alone for $241, as at least some of you did, quite honestly that is just about as good a deal as the $405 one I posted. I know it isn't what you ordered, but it's still better than nothing (like some others are getting?)

I was surprised in the first place that they let people keep placing orders even after the 45-150 went out of stock. I did not expect that to be the case at all, I would have expected them to cut off the deal (that's what happened briefly after the lens went out of stock a couple days before I posted this).

abhiram66 04-23-2013 08:29 PM

I ordered the camera kit + 45-150 lens right when both of them were in stock. Received them yesterday. But got a cancellation email today. Need to wait and see what Amazon will do next.

tqlla3k 04-24-2013 11:50 AM

Amazon has been going DOWNHILL for the last 2-3 years.

1) Their black fridays have been a total joke.

2) They now charge for shipping, even with prime(Add on items).

3) They cancel orders. I remember when a $150 discount on a $550 item was a good deal... rather than a price mistake.

4) Their prices havent been "THAT" good. Usually, they are just price matches to other stores prices. And when those stores disappear, amazon wont have to match those store prices anymore.

luckypra 04-24-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tqlla3k (Post 59052554)
Amazon has been going DOWNHILL for the last 2-3 years.

1) Their black fridays have been a total joke.

2) They now charge for shipping, even with prime(Add on items).

3) They cancel orders. I remember when a $150 discount on a $550 item was a good deal... rather than a price mistake.

4) Their prices havent been "THAT" good. Usually, they are just price matches to other stores prices. And when those stores disappear, amazon wont have to match those store prices anymore.

that is very true.

cgigate 04-25-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram66 (Post 59040028)
I ordered the camera kit + 45-150 lens right when both of them were in stock. Received them yesterday. But got a cancellation email today. Need to wait and see what Amazon will do next.

you will get refund to get a camera with lens for free.
have a nice dream ...

abhiram66 04-25-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59083666)
you will get refund to get a camera with lens for free.
have a nice dream ...

lol cgigate.. I also dreamt that I returned the camera and lens back to Amazon after they refunded me.

puddnhead 04-26-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Hey Binar, was watching this video by a long-time DSLR user [youtube.com] today, and thought of you :)

cgigate 04-28-2013 11:50 AM

Amazon charged additional $119 for the shipped camera.
what fu** Amazon

pomokey 04-28-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59130326)
Amazon charged additional $119 for the shipped camera.
what fu** Amazon

Can they do that? You didn't approve that.

RuiW 04-28-2013 11:02 PM

Amazon said it was a price errors. So I returned the camera and the lens. Amazon sucks!

cgigate 04-29-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomokey (Post 59133922)
Can they do that? You didn't approve that.

Called and chatted with Amazon rep, could not resolve the issue.
I am thinking to file credit card dispute or return.

pomokey 04-29-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59141396)
Called and chatted with Amazon rep, could not resolve the issue.
I am thinking to file credit card dispute or return.

Keep us posted if you file a dispute.

I did some digging, and from amazons conditions of use [amazon.com] page, it states:
Quote:

With respect to items sold by Amazon, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by Amazon is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation
This means they should have verified the price before it was shipped.

cgigate 04-30-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomokey (Post 59143652)
Keep us posted if you file a dispute.

I did some digging, and from amazons conditions of use [amazon.com] page, it states:

This means they should have verified the price before it was shipped.

Filed a dispute (Not authorized charge for the $119 ) to Chase credit (Amazon visa) yesterday, the Chase credit "dispute department" rep called me to discuss the dispute and then conference with Amazon rep, Amazon refunded the $119 additional charge on the phone.