Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discount Tire Direct: $50 Rebate w/ Purchase of Any Set of Four Truck Tires + Additional Rebates Available (http://slickdeals.net/f/5979336-discount-tire-direct-50-rebate-w-purchase-of-any-set-of-four-truck-tires-additional-rebates-available)

yuugotserved 04-20-2013 06:10 AM

Discount Tire Direct: $50 Rebate w/ Purchase of Any Set of Four Truck Tires + Additional Rebates Available

1 Attachment(s)
Discount Tire Direct [discounttiredirect.com]

For those interested in getting some new tires

Valid from 4/19 - 4/30
Receive a $50 Visa Prepaid Card by mail when you purchase any set of four Truck Tires.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com...eSearch.do

Rebate Form:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com...mApr13.pdf

Terms:
  • A set of four (4) truck tires of the same model must be purchased at the same time.
  • The set can only be for one vehicle.
  • This offer expires at the end of the day April 30th, 2013.
Stackable Rebates:
  • DUNLOP ROVER H/T
    • $40 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $90 Total Rebate
  • FALKEN WILD PEAK A/T
    • $50 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $100 Total Rebate
  • HANKOOK DYNAPRO HT RH12
  • GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC
    • $60 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $110 Total Rebate
  • GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR KEVLAR
    • $80 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $130 Total Rebate

DirtyZ123 04-20-2013 07:55 AM

wish General still had a rebate going for a stack. I want some A/Ts for my Honda Element.

star_singh 04-20-2013 09:34 AM

discount tires Rebates are scam

You are lucky if you will get this mail in rebate ,lie other SD guys every week I am buying something with MIR but1st my d mail in rebates declined from Discount tires.Will never buy anything from discount tires with MIR offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuugotserved (Post 58974036)
Discount Tire Direct [discounttiredirect.com]

For those interested in getting some new tires

Valid from 4/19 - 4/30
Receive a $50 Visa Prepaid Card by mail when you purchase any set of four Truck Tires.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com...eSearch.do

Rebate Form:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com...mApr13.pdf

Terms:
  • A set of four (4) truck tires of the same model must be purchased at the same time.
  • The set can only be for one vehicle.
  • This offer expires at the end of the day April 30th, 2013.
Stackable Rebates:
  • DUNLOP ROVER H/T
    • $40 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $90 Total Rebate
  • FALKEN WILD PEAK A/T
  • HANKOOK DYNAPRO HT RH12
  • GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC
    • $60 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $110 Total Rebate
  • GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR KEVLAR
    • $80 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate + $50 Truck Promo = $130 Total Rebate

NotReal 04-20-2013 09:44 AM

I just purchased 4 new tires for my car last month and like anything it pays to shop around...

My favorite tire shop is Americas tires which in S Cal is in fact Discount Tires. I started with an order from their website to get things rolling which totaled $839 out the door with a $70 rebate. I then called Costco and another local shop - Bud's Tires, and since Americas Tires/Discount tires will match prices, I ended up at $775 out the door with a $70 rebate (tires, fees, mounting, etc)

SHOP AROUND and then have them price match

voyager59 04-20-2013 10:38 AM

I've bought several sets of tires in the past from them and have always received my rebates from the manufacturer and Discount Tires.

bjohn 04-20-2013 11:02 AM

Always get the rebates from discount tire. With price matching that includes online I won't buy tires anywhere else.

Machinist_101 04-20-2013 02:08 PM

got 4!
repped!!

PDXgal 04-20-2013 02:20 PM

I bought some tires in February and got my $75 prepaid VISA card in about 3 or 4 weeks.

chinaman_87 04-20-2013 02:27 PM

damn if only they carried toyos =(

vickh 04-20-2013 04:28 PM

SUVs count?

Also when is Michelin doing their rebates next??

sammopar 04-20-2013 07:03 PM

Only see
A set of 4 tires qualifies for:
$30 Visa Prepaid Card Mail-in Rebate when purchased with your CarCareONE Card
and $50 Visa Card, Mail-in Rebate
NOT $50 Truck Promo ?? where is that?

Ringo44 04-20-2013 08:44 PM

If I remember right, around Memorial Day they have the best deals of the year.
Anybody confirm that ? I need tires, but can wait for a deal :)

receivebox 04-20-2013 09:55 PM

Memorial Day are some real steals in tires. got 2 cars last year, set for another year since they were 80K good years.

adials 04-20-2013 09:57 PM

They do not stack up!!!
My experience with Labor Day sale

J_DOC 04-21-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaman_87 (Post 58979520)
damn if only they carried toyos =(

word!

Ryan_C 04-21-2013 03:41 AM

How do you know if the tires you bought are considered "truck tires"? I purchased a week ago some General Altimax RT tires that I would consider truck tires since they went onto an 05 Honda CRV. I bet I could do a return, rebuy to get the additional rebate card.

Anyone?

subzero_042000 04-21-2013 03:51 AM

I purchased a set of tire last month and got my rebate in a week and half. This place provides good and fast service.

DirtyZ123 04-21-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_C (Post 58986370)
How do you know if the tires you bought are considered "truck tires"? I purchased a week ago some General Altimax RT tires that I would consider truck tires since they went onto an 05 Honda CRV. I bet I could do a return, rebuy to get the additional rebate card.

Anyone?

Lol, those are not truck tires. You have to look at specific brands to get a listing of what is considered a truck tire:

Link [discounttiredirect.com]

cyfan 04-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_C (Post 58986370)

Anyone?

If you own a truck, they are truck tires.

BfnC 04-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_singh (Post 58975978)
You are lucky if you will get this mail in rebate ,lie other SD guys every week I am buying something with MIR but1st my d mail in rebates declined from Discount tires.Will never buy anything from discount tires with MIR offer.

This doesn't make any sense - they have the easiest rebate submission process of any retailer, perhaps you didn't follow the instructions.

You can submit completely online with no documentation needed to be mailed, so it is instantly confirmed and approved. Tell me how that is a scam... did you even bother contacting Discount Tire if yours was declined? Begone troll

kfunk7 04-22-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BfnC (Post 59002742)
This doesn't make any sense - they have the easiest rebate submission process of any retailer, perhaps you didn't follow the instructions.

Just because submission process of any retailer is easy doesn't mean you'll receive the rebate. This goes with any retailers, not just DT

BfnC 04-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk7 (Post 59002924)
Just because submission process of any retailer is easy doesn't mean you'll receive the rebate. This goes with any retailers, not just DT

Understood but again, with DT you get confirmation of eligibility and receipt immediately, so you have recourse - if you don't receive the rebate it just takes some minor legwork. It's not as if you hear nothing back like some other retailers. star_singh stated their rebates are a scam, that is simply troll bait and I'm refuting that statement.

I just hate to see a retailer that has the best rebate process I've seen take an unfair beating. I hate having to submit and wait for rebates but DT makes it so much less unpleasant, I almost don't mind.

kfunk7 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BfnC (Post 59003052)
Understood but again, with DT you get confirmation of eligibility and receipt immediately, so you have recourse - if you don't receive the rebate it just takes some minor legwork. It's not as if you hear nothing back like some other retailers.

I just hate to see a retailer that has the best rebate process I've seen take an unfair beating. I hate having to submit and wait for rebates but DT makes it so much less unpleasant, I almost don't mind.

True, a simple follow up could have avoided rebate not showing up. It's mostly his fault

TheJonah 04-23-2013 11:54 AM

I purchased a set of truck tires on 4/10, took advantage of the $30 GC when using DT Care Card, along with a $50 Price discount from DT direct...and had a Falken $50 MFG Rabte. Called DT Rebate center today and gave them my invoice # and they added this new $50 Truck rebate as well. THANKS OP!